Capsule

Take care of your customers and sales opportunities

4.5 /5 (129 reviews) Write a Review!

Peter M.
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Best CRM I've ever used

Reviewed on 2020-11-04

Peace of mind for my business

Pros

Visual presentation of the data, ease of access, monthly subscription, data capture, project tracking, email link capability, mobile access.

Cons

The CRM had no functions that I disliked

Response from Zestia

Hi Peter,

Chloe here from Capsule. Thanks for taking the time out to write a review about Capsule - we're really glad it's helping your business!

Andy F.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Good stuff

Reviewed on 2021-02-03

Love it

Pros

We really like the interface and how it is organised.
Best feature is the gmail integration.

Cons

Im hoping that we can connect a certain gmail contact and automatically have every new email/conversation feed into the same contact on capsule.

Response from Zestia

Hi Andy,

Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We're happy to hear that you like the gmail integration and I'll be sure to pass on your feature request to the product team.

Linda C.

• Customer Support Software

Use it daily and recommend it to all my clients

Reviewed on 2020-09-21

I recommend Capsule to clients for simple efficiency. Just getting your tasks sorted according to client or project is a huge benefit and Capsule, to me, is much more intuitive than something like Asana

Pros

For me, task and workflow management make life much easier. No more remembering important calls or actions; they just come up in your dashboard. This is especially relevant when you're toggling several clients at the same time.

Cons

The pipeline forecast graph (revenue forecasted per month) never seems to be correct and I've not been able to figure out how to fix it. This area could be more foolproof.
Also, I never look at the latest updates on the 'home' screen even though it takes up most of the space. Imo, this could be replaced with relevant data like the pipeline graph. Better yet, make this a customisable widget area so people can choose what would work best for them.

Response from Zestia

Hi Linda,

Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for writing a review about your experience with Capsule. We're happy to hear the task and workflow management is helping you out. We have been asked about customising the dashboard before so it's on our radar and we will record your interest against this feature request. If you would like some more help with the pipeline forecast could you send us an email at [email protected] then we can answer any questions you might have about that there?

Edo M.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Finaly a solution for my needs!

Reviewed on 2017-04-13

For last few years I had a problem with my comunication with old and new clients. Too many pressure and too much information noise casued a problem of following up possible new clients and opportunities.
My first solution was standard PIM software. Soon I discovered that only part of my problems were solved. Problems that become so evident were following up new opportunities and contacts history. I found some other partial solutions for these problems but was necessary to work, mantain and balance with diferent solutions, multiple insertions of same data and so on. Looking for better solution I got to start with some offline CRM solutions, and I tested several ones. Every program had some part that were interesting to me but neither had all of options that I was looking for. Some prgrams were fantastic but expensive or they needed dedicatd servers. Most of them had so many options that I don't need for my work and can be applied in some other sectors.
Finally, on one webpage that was doing reviews of buisiness software there was a list of several on-line CRM solutions and so I decided to try some of them. As 3rd, or 4th, started with CAPSULE CRM.
Everything that I needed was there: database of contacts, history (well done), opportunities,...Also flexibility for procedures and all sorf of extra activities was there. PERFECT. Mobile apps is must have when You are out of the office.
Today on my computers 2 web pages are always ON during work time: webmail and CAPSULE.

Pros

Free version is mostly perfect for my needs. Contacts database, contacts history, opportunities creating and following, procedure design and editor, flexibility.

Cons

Free version have a limit to 250 contacts.

Scott F.

• Customer Support Software

I use this daily as a CRM for my small business contacts, and love how quick and easy it is to...

Reviewed on 2017-11-08

Easy note taking which facilitates better interaction with my clients. I love the central location of all my info and that I can access it on my smart devices too.

Pros

I love how easy it is to complete just about any task imaginable. I make a LOT of notes for my customer accounts, and I love how each note can have any number of file attachments to them, but all the attachments for ALL the notes are also kept in a different area. Being able to integrate with my Google Apps account is a BIG plus, as is the ability to have emails I send instantly saved to customer records without me doing anything. Creating custom fields is also a breeze and makes my life a lot easier.

Cons

I really don't like the huge gap between a free account and a professional account. They need to increase storage limits AND create a plan between free and professional price points for smaller businesses. This is what really holds me back from doing more with this software, and keeps me in the market for different software constantly.

A CRM for startups - everything you need and nothing you don’t

Reviewed on 2020-01-05

Pros

It is a highly customizable software CRM. Track every interaction with stakeholders using the web app, email plugins, and most importantly the iOS app! The app uses the cloud based client database as a sort of substitute for your phone’s address book, phone dialer, and portal to add client interactions. Best mobile app for a CRM platform!

Cons

It can be tricky linking interactions with multiple stakeholders.

Response from Zestia

Hi Chloe here from Capsule. Thanks for your review of Capsule and your support - we're really glad you like the mobile app. As for linking interactions with multiple stakeholders, if we can understand a little more about how you want interactions linked we may be able to offer some options or understand whether there are some ways we can amend Capsule. If you can write to us directly at [email protected] then our support team will be able to help you out.

Samuel D.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Founder

Reviewed on 2021-01-04

Very happy

Pros

Tasks, Mobile friendly, team management

Cons

I like it all, easy to use it. Mobile friendly

Response from Zestia

Hi Samuel,

Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We really appreciate that. It's great to see that you're finding Capsule helps with team management and that it's mobile-friendly too.

Keith G.

• Customer Support Software

Reduced feature set at reduced price but always reliable

Reviewed on 2016-11-07

If Salesforce.com overwhelms you, try Capsule. Costs about 5% of salesforce and has 5% of the features, but it probably has all the features you need. Really easy to set up and maintain.

Pros

Price, ease of use, speed

Cons

There are actually a handful of features that I would like but are missing. There are workarounds, however.

Jacques L.

• Customer Support Software

Excellent CRM App. Absolute neccessity.

Reviewed on 2020-10-01

A breeze and would definitely recommend to any person working on a daily basis with clients.

Pros

The ease of use with this software is unrivaled. I love the fact that all information regarding leads are easily accessible. The fact that I do not constantly have to worry about missing appointments is a major plus.

Cons

Have not tried yet, but I need to be able to group and rate leads on responsiveness of the lead. a Lead score..?

Response from Zestia

Hi Jacques,

Chloe here from Capsule. Thanks for writing a review - we're glad your finding Capsule easy to use. One way you could group or rate leads is you could tag them or create a custom field. For example if you wanted to use a 1- 5 star system you can create a list custom field. You can see how to add a custom field here: https://capsulecrm.com/support/setup-and-configuration/data-enrichment/#how-to-add-custom-fields. But also feel free to reach out to our support team if we can help you out with that.

Stephen T.

Simple But Functional

Reviewed on 2018-05-28

Overall, Capsule was in my top 3 CRMs for small businesses.

Pros

Capsule has a really nice UI. There is no clutter.
Capsule has auto-save which prevents you from leaving a window before you 'save'. Critical for me.
Has a 'case' module which is usually found in more expensive software.

Cons

Capsule is a perhaps a little bit 'too simple'. You may soon outgrow it.
Does not have auto-followup which would pop up after a task completion.

Guy R.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Capsule Time Saver

Reviewed on 2019-11-26

* Real time recording of notes....details
* Task setting & reminders
* Ease of use for front end users
* Functional database details collection/storage

Pros

Able to record in real time. A huge plus as per old method of speaking to new/existing clients and forgetting conversation details the following day or trying to locate the piece of paper with scribbled notes :-)

Cons

Nothing! Would be great if it could refill my coffee cup :-)

Alisdair H.

• Customer Support Software

Very simple but missing key features

Reviewed on 2018-02-27

You get what you pay for and Capsule is a cheaper option. Generally I have implemented more complex systems for clients but opted for Capsule for a small and not technically sophisticated (contract cleaning company) client. It lead me down a bit of a cul-de-sac when trying to plan out sales campaigns and clean and selectively import organisation/ contact data.

Pros

It is really simple to use and cheap. You can easily seed populate in just a few hours and get working fast. Even completely non-tech savvy users will pick it up almost immediately.

Cons

It has no way to easily manipulate multiple records, which means building campaign lists or cleaning up data is a tedious manual process. The import capabilities are very limited and will often duplicate records so you cannot even edit them offline and import the updates.

The search function is poor around unstructured data so any legacy data MUST be well categorised using Tags from you seed import or you will never be able to maximise value from it.

Elizabeth S.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

• Customer Support Software

FAirly simple interface, low price, customizable with unlimited custom fields!

Reviewed on 2018-08-14

Nope.

Pros

The customer service was amazing. I am NOT a data not a tech person, but when my hired gun failed to do the import properly, I did it myself with the help of The super people at Capsule - over email! I love that the custome fields are easy to add, and the interface for the CRM is intuitive.

Cons

Nothing so far. Well, I wish I could do mass emails without using an App like Mail Chimp, but that is probably for the best and I just do not realize it!

Timothy C.
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

Reviewed on 2016-06-27

• Industry: Investment Management Software
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Convenience

Reviewed on 2018-12-12

Pros

Its great way to get your prescription if you live in a city or don't have time to pick it up. The app is also easy to navigate.

Cons

There isn't much I don't like except there are competition our there and depending on healthcare coverage you might get better deals

Nicola C.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Great for very basic user...

Reviewed on 2017-11-17

Pros

Really easy to use and get up and running with Capsule - a simple workflow included at a great price.

Cons

The reporting is very light with no obvious integration offered and lack of user permissions a deal breaker :-(

Giovanni M.

Reviewed on 2016-03-09

Craig W.

Reviewed on 2015-07-24

Peter R.

wonderful Software for every business

Reviewed on 2020-11-20

The software is simple to use, it has a wide range of tools that you can use. However, the great thing you dont have to use all the features and they are hidden away, so they dont affect your everyday usage. Incredibly for this type of software and all the tools you can access, it is incredibly affordable for personal, small business or large companies. We really love the product

Pros

We have used this software for over five years. We used to use act and were reluctant to move to another provider. We moved because we could use the software on all forms of devices, anywhere in the world. The other great feature is that it is so simple to use, you hardly need any training at all

Cons

Actually we love it, so we dont really have anything negative to say

Response from Zestia

Hi Peter,

Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for reviewing us! We're so happy to hear that Capsule has worked out for you!

Ilia T.

Pretty good.

Reviewed on 2021-02-10

Overall experience was positive. It's a solution that I recommend to people.

Pros

What initially attracted us to this CRM was its cost effectiveness. I was impressed by how easy it was to deploy and run. The mobile app was pretty solid, easy to use and probably better or on par with some of the other (more expensive) CRM apps I've used. ~Capsule also had a decent project management function.

Cons

I think we had some trouble when trying to connect to Mail Chimp. From memory it took a long time to get it right.

Response from Zestia

Hi Ilia,

Chloe here from Capsule. Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We're happy to hear that you found Capsule easy to deploy and are enjoying using the mobile app. If you ever need any help for example setting up integrations then don't hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected]

Features and Format Lacking, Good for the Basics

Reviewed on 2018-09-07

Overall, Capsule seems middle-of-the-road. It's been useful as a database to keep our pipeline and outreach organized at a base level but hasn't impressed beyond that.

Pros

The ability to export to Mailchimp has been very useful, it allows us to immediately update lists without having to go through multiple extra steps.

Cons

Certain features I'm used to in a CRM are missing. The only way to correlate multiple organizations (as a subsidiary or similar case) is to make a note of it in the organization description and that doesn't link through. You're also unable to categorize a contact under multiple organizations, so you need to create a new person with the same name if you want to put them under more than one company.

It would also be nice to have a better search and reporting function. The only things you can search for are the person, organization, case, and note content, so every other bit of information you'd like to search for and compile must be placed as a tag, which gets clunky and disorganized easily. There is some sales pipeline reporting, but the options are not as robust as other CRM systems I've used in the past.

Paula B.
  • Industry: Automotive

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use and great for quote tracking

Reviewed on 2020-10-02

Excellent thank you

Pros

I find Capsule really easy to use and manage all my quotes, leads and follow-ups on it.
I like that you can have custom fields too, helps for tracking.
I have used the system for the last 5 years.

Cons

I don't understand what the cases are??

Response from Zestia

Hi Paula,

Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for writing a review - we really appreciate it. It's always nice to hear that Capsule is easy to use and is helping people to manage leads.

In a nutshell a Case is a storage area or folder where you can keep everything related to a particular project or event that you're working on holding all the relevant information, tasks and history in a common place.

Cases are one of the most versatile features within Capsule, giving you flexibility to set up different processes and workflows and store a wide variety of information. A Case gives you easy access to share everything you need for your day to day work rather than storing it across several systems (and filing cabinets). Our support docs feature quite a comprehensive guide to Cases which might help you figure out if they would be suitable for you to use. You can find that here: https://capsulecrm.com/support/projects-and-events/. Do you think these could work for you?

Reuben S.

Bang-for-buck the best CRM for Xero

Reviewed on 2017-04-26

Pros

Capsule does everything a CRM should:
- All of your organisation and contact information in one place
- Heaps of available integrations including MailChimp and Xero
- Mobile app for capturing new leads
- Customisable opportunity management
- Customisable case (ticket) management
- Email integration makes tracking email correspondence easy
- Custom fields allow you to update your

Cons

Capsule has several weaknesses you should be aware of:
- The opportunity management is customisable but fairly basic. Its great if you currently have no visibility of your pipeline, stages, value, probability or timeframes. There are apps out there that do these features better but not with all the other great stuff Capsule can do at the same price point.
- Capsule is not a marketing automation tool but will help with your marketing
- Capsule is not a sales pipeline tool but will improve your pipeline visibility
- Capsule is not an email client
- Capsule is not your accounts receivable management tool but will improve your collections

Graham B.

A really great CRM

Reviewed on 2020-08-14

FANTASTIC!

Pros

Basically I LOVE it as it is so easy to use, the drag and drop on the Calendar (for those times when you just can't get it all done on the day) is so very useful.

Cons

I may be asking too much (or maybe not using it as I could) but I would love to be able to track a work on a project after the deal has been won, a sort of mini project management facility. I may be able to do this with the software as it is - to be honest I am still learning how to use it - but if it were there it would help. But that's me wanting to improve on excellence!

Response from Zestia

Hi Graham,

Thanks for writing a review - we're glad you like Capsule. Just wanted to jump in and offer you some ideas for post-sale. You might like to create a Case. Cases are essentially a storage area for everything to do with a particular project or event. We have a support doc that covers Cases in more detail here https://capsulecrm.com/support/projects-and-events/understanding-cases/. You could create a Case for each won Opportunity as a way of keeping everything to do with a particular project together, whether this be notes, files or emails. The great thing with Cases is they can be linked directly to an Opportunity so it's really clear which Opportunity a Case relates to. Do you think Cases could work well for you? If not you might also want to look in to Tracks. Tracks are a sequence of tasks to be completed, which could work really well if you tend to carry out the same post sale actions as they could help to streamline your workflow.

Lizzie H.

The views of a small business technophob

Reviewed on 2020-10-14

It is our company database so we use it many times a day. The experience has been good but I'd say that the fact it is reassuring basic will in the long term be an issue.

Pros

Capsule is very easy to use and for someone who hates complex tech it is reassuring straightforward

Cons

We haven't integrated the software with our other systems so we are probably missing a trick. What I like least is the fact that I do have to somethings twice. I probably need some coaching!

Response from Zestia

Hi Lizzie,

Chloe here from Capsule. Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We're glad you're finding Capsule easy to use. Should you ever need help with integrations or to make sure you're getting the most of Capsule you can always read our support docs here: https://capsulecrm.com/support/ and don't hesitate to get in touch!