Loyal Zoo

Digital loyalty card service for SME retailers and eateries

4.3/5

Dima
  • Industry: Entertainment

We have been using it for 3 years by now and love it

Reviewed on 4/13/2021

The team behind Loyal Zoo is super responsive, even on weekends. Per our request, they implemented for us a tier system that fits better with our vision on loyalty system, at no additional cost. Even helped us with the customer-facing screen customization. These moments are very valuable for us. They are patient and thorough in answers, always trying to get to the bottom of the question and easy to approach.

Pros

We were looking for a loyalty product that would not require a customer to download an app. Everyone has hundreds of apps these days, offering another one for a rare usage goes with resistance and unnecessary steps. They still have an app available, but optional for those who want it.

The sign-up at the front counter is instant. People can use emails or phone numbers to register. The app is fully integrated with Clover POS, and a few other POS to some extent. The customer gets a notification that points have been applied. They have a backend app just for staff to use for manual check-ins and quick adjustments. There is also an admin panel where you can see all the trends and general business settings. All three accesses (the customer-facing one, staff's access and the admin panel) can be open also in your browser, so you can literally open them on any device.

A nice bonus that you can send scheduled promotions to the signed-up customers via the admin panel. It is easy and powerful, the email looks professional and optimized for mobiles and desktops. The clients agree to the promos during the sign-up process and can easily unsubscribe within a promo email.

It is a fast, simple and efficient tool.

Cons

A few things that I wish could be changed or added to the app:

- The app divides customers into three categories, depending on their frequency of purchases: New, Slipping away and VIP customers. You cannot control that algorithm or place a person into a category manually when just implementing the system at your business. As an owner of a business, I like to have control of all the aspects that influence the experience at my facility, with some customers you develop more special relationships that cannot be calculated by unclear algorithms. One time a person comes as a VIP and another, as New and you can't really explain why. We are currently not using this option at all.

-The app offers your customers to sign-up for the loyalty program either by phone or email, they choose only one of them during the registration process. We could not leave the email as the only choice. I am sure it is not a big deal for the most, but in our case, we wish to eliminate phone numbers. People generally forget what they used in the first place and sometimes it creates confusion with missing points due to the multiple accounts.

Considering the cost and the load of benefits you get with Loyal Zoo, I can't really complain about anything.

Response from Loyalzoo

Hi Dima, many thanks for your super nice review.
With regards to customising the three categories, the VIP rule is fully customisable. If you're interested, please get in touch in the usual ways, and we'll sort it out for you :-)

Cheryl
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

• Customer Support Software

Simple to use and very effective

Reviewed on 3/10/2022

I have been able to issue loyalty points without the need for loyalty cards which are expensive to print and annoying for customers. I have been able to easily get customers to sign up to the weekly marketing by incentivising them with loyalty points. So it's a win/ win.

Pros

I like the way it integrates with my current epos system so that I can issue loyalty points as people shop. I like the email marketing - just one email a week to promote may offers to loyalty customers ensures they keep returning.

Cons

I am frustrated that I can only send four marketing emails per month without paying more. Also, I would like to be able to attach a video/ reel to my emails rather than just flat images. Also the loyal zoo button on my epos till is slow - it takes too long to switch from the till screen to the loyal zoo screen and back again. Sometimes it gets stuck and takes forever to get back to the till screen.

Response from Loyalzoo

Hi Cheryl, many thanks for your very kind review. Regarding sending video reels in your promo messages, in the editing box there is a button to embed videos, as long as you host them on youtube, vimeo or other video hosting service.
Please reach out to us via the chat bot if you need help with this :-)

Karolina

• Customer Support Software

Useful app but with significant limitations

Reviewed on 7/16/2018

Increased customer visitorship and engagement

Pros

Handsfree Marketing feature with Deluxe (most expensive) tier allows for automatic SMS promotions. Ability to create up to 10 rewards.

Cons

When used with the Clover system, app frequently experiences down time and has trouble updating data in real time as customers earn points or redeem rewards. Online dashboard is frequently slow to update. Multiple inventory items cannot be assigned to a reward and automatically deducted from the cost of an order in the register checkout screen (must manually apply percentage off discounts). Unclear when SMS promotions expire. Very small character limit for reward title/description (can't elaborate on size, color, or any other product particularities).

Response from Loyalzoo

Hi Karolina, many thanks for the candid review.
Rewards can be configured to inject the discount automatically into the order, there is no need to apply discounts manually. This would work much better in your case.
Please get in touch with us and we can set it up.

Wendy
  • Industry: Tobacco

Glad I switched

Reviewed on 10/19/2020

Excellent

Pros

Less expensive than other companies out there and better customer service!

Cons

I miss being able to write notes on customers accounts

Response from Loyalzoo

Hi Wendy,

Thank you for your kind and lovely feedback.

I just wanted to let you know that there is a comments section in each customer profile where you can write notes :) You'll be able to add notes when you register a customer or by tapping the "edit" button in their profile.

This feature is available from the in-store software - store.loyalzoo.com

If you need anything else, feel free to drop us an email at [email protected] or chat with us on our chat system.

Jason

• Customer Support Software

Perfect rewards program for businesses

Reviewed on 6/24/2019

My previous rewards program was a ok, but kept trying to up sell me with programs and offerings that didn't work for my business customers and or cost to much. Eventually they were going to more than double the cost. I found Loyalzoo and it has been nothing but great. They were super responsive during the switch over and the system has worked seamlessly. Nothing but good words for Loyalzoo. If thinking about switching or starting a system definitely go with Loyalzoo. It will be worth it. They also offer scalable programs to serve you as you want to expand or try new things with your program. I have not gone beyond the basic package, but love it.

Pros

The process of switching my previous system to Loyalzoo was so so easy. They worked with me, with real people helping, to get my customers ported over. Seamless!!!
The software was easy to put on multiple computers and the employees picked it up super quick. Nothing but good words for Loyalzoo. I am not paid to say this!!

Cons

Had Loyalzoo for about a year and I can't think of a problem with the software. The method of getting quick help works extremely well. I only had to use it early on, when I had a question or two.

Response from Loyalzoo

Jason,

Many thanks for your super kind words!!!
Cheers,

Massimo

Lidia

• Customer Support Software

Very easy to use & atractive loyalty scheme

Reviewed on 3/16/2022

It has been really good to engage with new customers and regular ones, without complications on setting it up. It has been really helpful to be able to have a clear picture of people coming back.

Pros

Very easy to set up and use. The team behind Loyalzoo have been amazing help and quick to solve any enquiries. Very straight forward for customers and for us as a business to create rewards & implement them straight away, encouraging people to come back.

Cons

It is really good overall. Maybe just a bit more of functionality on data export and member management, specially with our integration with our till system & online sales so that the campaings can be sent separately but from the same back end - flexibility on audience targeting functionality I would say is something that would be interesting to add when creating a campaign.

Jessica

• Customer Support Software

Great that it is integrated with our system and loyal points are automatically added per...

Reviewed on 6/14/2018

Integrated with our Clover system! It's own application. No bulky items.

Pros

Whenever I have questions I would email their support and they would answer very quickly. They're also very personable! I definitely like Loyalzoo a lot more than Five Stars because this is way way cheaper and is integrated into our Clover system. So no clutter on our cash register area!

Cons

I wish I was able to subtract points from the user's history. I'm able to do it right away but if I needed to subtract a specific amount of points I would need to apply a pre-made discount and balance that discount by adding points.

It's a pro and con to have our customer's phone numbers linked to their credit card. I had a problem once where our customer's credit card was linked to their friends' phone number so I had to contact support to make sure it was no longer linked.

Joe

Review for use with the Clover POS

Reviewed on 10/26/2018

This is a cheaper alternative to other loyalty programs, but limits you in quite a few ways

Pros

It was an easy transition from 5 Stars program to Loyalzoo. Anytime we had an issue, Loyalzoo was very quick to help correct. They are easy to along with and get ahold of. The software took a lot of work from my employees freeing them up for other work.

Cons

I don’t like the promotion limits and other limitations they have.

Response from Loyalzoo

Hey Joe, thanks so much for your feedback! We've just updated our promotions feature so you can include images and as much content as you like, it would be great to understand what you mean by limitations. We're always improving and creating new features based on what our clients need so feel free to drop us a note at [email protected]

Ben

Pretty Decent Loyalty Program

Reviewed on 11/6/2018

Overall Im pretty happy with LoyalZoo, I just wish it had a few more features and not such limited SMS messaging.

Pros

Its a pretty simple to use interface and offers basic loyalty features as well as limited SMS messaging.

Cons

There really isn't a good way to integrate it into our online shopping cart WooCommerce so it really only works for us in store.

Response from Loyalzoo

Hey Ben,

Glad to hear you are loving our system. In terms of connecting your in-store loyalty program with your e-commerce, you can use our Zapier integration to do so, instructions are available at help.loyalzoo.com

With SMS messaging, feel free to drop us a note at [email protected] to explain the limitations. We SMS point notifications, your blast marketing messages and promotions to your VIP, New and Slipping away customers which is far more than what any of our competitors offer.

We're always improving the product based on your feedback so feel free to send us any comments along the way. Cheers!

Rose

Loyal Zoo review

Reviewed on 11/7/2016

Every day when I first log on to our system the app is not accessible. After a few minutes it comes back on but it happens everyday. Sometimes it's very slow to respond when you're trying to pull up a customer. Adding points to a customer from the back office is really easy. Adding new customers is pretty simple but if someone sets up their own account from the app the retailer can't change anything on it. Sometimes that causes problems.

Pros

The ease of use at the register

Cons

No reports

Response from Loyal Zoo

Thank you for your feedback Rose. It's great to hear that you would recommend our product to others. In regards to slowness when starting your Clover station up in the morning, this has got to do with the Clover station itself and starting many applications at once. For customers signing up to your loyalty program via the free Loyalzoo app it is the customers prerogative to provide their contact details, hence the reason why you can't edit them on your Clover station. We look forward to having you as a long term customer with Loyalzoo.

Madison
  • Industry: Consumer Services

• Customer Support Software

We use Loyalzoo to give our customers rewards and send push notifications.

Reviewed on 7/13/2018

Customer information and tracking of stats.

Pros

That it just needs a name and phone number. Our customers love that they do not have to give a ton of information to sign up.

Cons

It can be glitchy at times. When trying to merge or delete customers it doesn't always work. It also has problems with adding points in at times. I don't like the animal cartoons instead of pictures now either.

Response from Loyalzoo

Hey Madison, thanks for the feedback! We are currently working on a better merge/delete function which will be available in the dashboard area soon, so we'll let you know once it's released :)

Customer profile pictures are still available as long as the customer checks-in using their Facebook profile. We implemented the animals to help you further identify your customers who didn't check-in with that facility. If you need any assistance with the above or to provide any further feedback feel free to reach us on [email protected]

Greg

• Customer Support Software

Our customers really like using an electronic app vs. the old paper style punch cards.

Reviewed on 1/18/2018

Pros

I like the simplicity of it. It performs well and does exactly what I need it to do without trying to sell me numerous additional features which I'm not looking for. Also, the weekly reports are quite useful as well.
In the past when we've had minor issues the staff was very responsive and had us back up and running quickly. We haven't had any issues recently- it's probably been over a year now with everything working nearly flawlessly.

Cons

When we have to perform a customer "look up" it does not immediately indicate that the card has been punched. When we are busy this can cause some confusion. It used to work that way- assuming it's a fairly easy fix.

Samantha
  • Industry: Hospitality

Loyalzoo Review

Reviewed on 10/5/2019

We really enjoy the ease of use and that customers can easily check in with the app so we don't even have to look up their name or email to reward/redeem their points.

Pros

Super easy integration with our POS software, very easy to navigate for customers as well as staff, nice to be able to set your own discounts!

Cons

We haven't had any issues with Loyalzoo, no customer complaints either, only feedback would be that customers are sometimes unaware they have points to redeem for discounts.

Catherine

• Customer Support Software

Can't say enough good things about this app

Reviewed on 1/17/2018

Pros

I searched high and low for a reward app that fit my needs. After using Loyalzoo for a month or so, I decided to try another app to compare. I went back to Loyalzoo within hours of trying the other app. The people are Loyalzoo are amazing. Customer service is wonderful and they're always willing to take suggestions to improve the app. My business relies on Loyalzoo on a daily basis and they keep improving it.

Cons

I wish the comment field was a little bigger but they are working on that and it may be bigger by their next update (because they actively listen to suggestions).

Response from Loyalzoo

Thanks for your lovely feedback Catherine!
And yes, a bigger comment field will be part of our next big release in a couple of weeks time, and search will also search within comments :-)

Pete

• Customer Support Software

Words very well. Pleased with it.

Reviewed on 1/16/2018

Pros

User friendly, hardly any staff training required. Tech support is great.

Cons

Customer generating multiple accounts and needing to 'merge' accounts. There should be a way to prevent duplicate accounts in the first place. Something like, when inputting the customers new second account by accident and push notification of 'Joe Blogs already exists, is this a duplicated account or another Joe Bloggs' etc.

Response from Loyalzoo

Thanks for your feedback Pete!
If you try to create a new customer profile using a phone number or email address already in the DB, we prevent the duplicate already. It is when details used are different that it is difficult for us to detect duplicates.
We will keep testing ways to prevent duplicate profiles, and your continuous feedback is appreciated :-)

Amy
  • Industry: Hospitality

• Customer Support Software

Works as advertised for payments

Reviewed on 6/30/2019

it has made keeping our client payment information safe, secure and easy to use.
When dealing with customer support, if they do not know an answer they can be a bit snarky and unhelpful. It would be better to say they don't have an answer.

Pros

holds card numbers
easy to find client
able to search the notes line (which we use for client number)
fast
works great with the clover machine and on the computer

Cons

if 50 cent auth happens on a different day then the first transaction it can be confusing for reconciling accounting .
cannot give partial refunds with the card on file.. only way is to look up the clients last payment and refund the whole bill and then charge the correct amount again.... or get the number from the client and do a separate transaction.

Response from Loyalzoo

Hi Amy, thanks so much for leaving a review. Unfortunately because of the limitations with Clover the 50c auth charge has been implemented in the only way we can for now. They have communicated that they will hopefully be providing better alternatives to this in the near future.

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get the answers you were looking for with our customer support team, I know that sometimes we get questions about Clover POS itself and unfortunately we do have to simply refer you back to the Clover team if it extends further than our expertise.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the fast service. If you have any direct feedback you can always drop it directly to [email protected] as we are always looking at ways to improve.

Ariel
  • Industry: Restaurants

Loyal Zoo Review by Filistix

Reviewed on 3/19/2021

Loyal Zoo has been so great during the last couple of months for us. Our customers are starting to get familiar with it and hopefully they will all have their names on by the end of 2021.

Pros

What I like the most is how it integrated so smoothly with our Clover POS. It is very easy to use and our customers like that they can check their points whenever, wherever.

Cons

I have asked about this before ~ I was wondering why it doesn't have a personal card feature - the kind that you load and can use for your next transactions so customers need not have their bank cards every time they purchase from our restaurant. I think a great loyalty program app should have that.

Response from Loyalzoo

Hi Ariel,

Thank you for your kind feedback. Storing payment cards and using them to pay for a customer's order is available in a different product we offer on the Clover app market (More Tools). It's called Memberships & Recurring Payments. I'll get my colleague Annabelle to ring and email you with more information.

Thanks!

Cu

Simple and affordable

Best customer service 24/7

Pros

Easy to use and you can reach customer support anytime.

Cons

Nothing I love everything customers love this also

Jason

An ok app

Reviewed on 3/21/2021

Ok but could do better

Pros

It creates customer loyalty and gives back to our customers

Cons

Expensive seen as you don’t get any sms with your subscription and cost double to do so!! Lot of similar apps give you free sms so very disappointed

Response from Loyalzoo

Hi Jason,

Thank you for your feedback we always really appreciate it and like to take all feedback into consideration.

If you wouldn't mind sending us the names of companies where there are free SMS to [email protected] - We're always keen to see our competitors pricing and I'm not familiar with those companies offering free SMS. Currently, our direct competitors are FiveStars and Appcard based on our comparison of features and their pricing is between $150-$200/month making our software much more affordable including SMS where SMS are sent to customers in point balances, 2x blast marketing messages and automatic Handsfree Marketing messages ($67/month).

Keen to take a look and review : )

Haley
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 10/26/2018

Pros

Loyalzoo is much easier than any other loyalty program we have used before. Getting people signed up only takes a few seconds and they don’t have to worry about carrying a card or downloading an app. Just a phone number keeps track of so much information!

Cons

No complaints about this software or the application.

Carl

Oustanding!!

Reviewed on 2/14/2020

Amazing

Pros

Really easy to use, Value for money aswell. We have built up a huge customer base via loyalzoo.

Cons

I found no cons at all with this. Really easy to use

Rachel
  • Industry: Events Services

Membership

Reviewed on 6/25/2019

Great!

Pros

Great customer service via chat. The representatives responded in a timely manner. They are always to go step by step to ensure success.

Cons

The letters to the members after a declined credit card have improved. Thank you!

Response from Loyalzoo

Hi Rachel, many thanks for your kind review :-)

chris
  • Industry: Warehousing

So far so good!

Reviewed on 1/16/2018

Pros

everything is going good so far we have nothing to complain about it. very easy to use and very easy to teach to new members

Nina

Unhappy

Reviewed on 3/19/2021

Have had problems since day one.

Pros

Easy features for customers to use points and redeem

Cons

Does not work well with the EposNow system i am using as my main register.

Epos Now

Reasons for Switching to Loyal Zoo

Monthly cost

Response from Loyalzoo

Hi Nina,

Thank you for your feedback, we're always very appreciative.

I know the issue you are having is Epos Now POS loading our software which causes you slowness :(

We've trying really hard to get Epos Now to change their infrastructure so rather than loading our software each time and making it slow, there will be a solution for this longterm.

I do have another solution though for the immediate future, I'll get one of my colleagues to also give you a ring today to explain and follow up with the email we have on file for you.

Thanks!

Trista
  • Industry: Entertainment

Excellent Tool To Reward Customers

Reviewed on 11/2/2018

Pros

I have a unique situation in that I'm not a brick n motor store - I'm an online store, however, I don't have permissions to all data and orders. I needed something that would help me reward my top customers but that was a stand alone tool and not need to be connected to a point of sale or database. Loyal Zoo worked with me with suggestions and I was able to use Zapier workflows to make this work. SO THANKFUL! I had been looking for a long time and this has been awesome!

Cons

Nothing. It really has been great for me.