Smartsheet

4.5 (2,104)
An online work execution platform for any size organization.

(2,104)
Customer Support Software

2,104 reviews

Kevin w N.
  • Industry: Banking

Smartsheet Viepoint from Power Excel User

Reviewed on 2021-09-29

Overall experience has been terrific for project management and collaboration.

Pros

Love workflow capabilities, automations, ability to designate column types, column types that allow multiple selections (not available in Excel data validation), collaboration, ability to immediately see cell changes, ability to track cell changes via cell history.

Cons

Lack of worksheet tabbing often means sheets have way too many columns than I prefer (makes navigation unwieldy). I use the product a lot to track descriptive/narrative changes to cells; while it's easy to see a cell that has been changed based on an update request, and the history of the before and after, it would be very beneficial to be able to see the changes in change-tracking mode like Word such that edits are more readily visible. While I like the ability to designate columns by type, for example a checkbox column, there are times when I'd like to be able to designate only a range of cells in a column as a certain type, then be able to use a different type in the rest of the column.

• Customer Support Software

My First choice on project management

Reviewed on 2021-10-09

It is a cost effective software which always gets the job done in facilitating deep thinking and implementation on diverse projects. My choice app all the way.

Pros

A very easy to use software with sophisticated and robust features to get the job done. I've never regretted using this tool to share customized information with my team mates on projects and the management team entirely on the progress of our clients events.

Cons

Smart sheet requires intensive training to operate as its setup differs from other spreadsheet softwares, the column to column formatting also extends the time taken in processing a single document. I also believe the developers should work on the calendar so as to accommodate multiple dates on a single project.

Jason B.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Smartsheet 2 Year Review

Reviewed on 2021-06-30

Overall this has been a great program to use. With constrained budgets to work with, this offers tremendous bang for the buck. It is not very difficult for savvy users to become highly proficient with this product and develop organic business solutions.

Pros

This product has revolutionized the way I manage my team. I am able to use Smartsheet to track many different projects and annual work goals for my team. My staff appreciate the increased autonomy Smartsheet has brought to us. Their goals and metrics are clear and they feel more ownership over their work. Other teams have started to use Smartsheet for their own business purposes and this is making its way through the organization.

Cons

Some of the drawbacks about Smartsheet that makes it hard for our Data and Development Analysts to implement include the inability to paste a large number of rows into a grid. Our IT requirements also include having a test and development environment for the analysts to use and Smartsheet doesn't seem to have this. As a supervisor I would also appreciate it if the dashboard charts could be a little more Smart and pull data more dynamically from the source grids without me having to make manual adjustments. My colleagues would also like to see more ability to schedule blocks of time with the calendar integration like we do with Google Calendar. There is a workaround for this, but it isn't palatable for everyone.

Lachlan S.
  • Industry: Furniture

SmartSheet | An extraordinary tool for fast moving businesses

Reviewed on 2021-03-24

Since beginning to use SmartSheet in 2017, it has been a catalyst in keeping up with an ever changing market and the increase in the use of digital tools and communication channels.

Pros

SmartSheet is a tool setup in such a way the it can be tailored to your organisation and used for multiple functions, by multiple divisions. The speed at which they are improving the platform with new functions and features is beyond amazing. Any small to medium size business trying to improve in project management, ICT management, customer service, task management, resource management, team management (the list goes on) would largely benefit from investing in SmartSheet. The ROI is incredible and the ease of rolling it out through an organisation is simple due to the intuitive UI.

Cons

The only downside I see with SmartSheet is the permission levels. These could be improved with the ability to share sheets in bulk rather than just at a workspace or individual sheet level.

Asana and monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet

SmartSheet is so much more cost effective based on the number of features and how well it can be tailored to any company.
Cory B.

• Customer Support Software

Smartsheet is preferred from multiple fast-moving projects

Reviewed on 2020-07-28

Satisfied. I manage >25 projects that vary in size and detail. I would not rely on any other project management program that I have used in the past.

Pros

Easy to get in, set up, and maintain small-medium size projects. Quick to learn, easy to use.

Cons

I would like more intelligence around the columns: 1) more specific formatting choices, like setting the duration to hours, separating effort and duration; 2) Predecessor columns that intelligently follow the task, not only the row number.

Microsoft Project and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Smartsheet

Salesforce functionality relies on two (negative) criteria: 1) you track everything related to the project within Salesforce; 2) to track everything, you have to purchase access to modules that would otherwise be unnecessary.

Salesforce Platform

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet

The ROI was greater with Smartsheet.
Maarten D.

• Customer Support Software

A powerful tool for rapid, automated, information sharing without jeopardizing privacy

Reviewed on 2020-07-28

I have used SmartSheet for a number of years with different project teams and different applications. The software is incredibly versatile and lends itself to every imaginable aspect of the projects, from planning and scheduling meetings to tracking and and documenting closeout requirements. The automation options along with the display variations and the accessibility via multiple device types and input devised provide meaningful, clear and up-to-date information to a large variety of people with equally varied technological backgrounds and communication styles. During the work day, my SmartSheet portal is always open!

Pros

SmartSheet provides an easy and efficient means of sharing information in a spreadsheet style format with web-forms that are readily accessible and editable from portable devices. The information from these web-forms can be set to auto-populate on the parent-sheet where the information becomes accessible to all authorized users at the click of the "update" button. For example, during the COVID-19 pandemic, a employee health status sign in sheet was created on short notice and sent out to all relevant parties via email as well as by posting a QR code at the job sites which all workers can scan with their mobile devices and fill in the form on line. The relevant information gets forwarded to main sheet accessible at the main office (nearly) instantaneously. The display options of the sheets are numerous and varied, very useful for different circumstances and audiences.

Cons

The functionality is quite similar to that of an Excel spreadsheet, but my recurring stumbling block is that there ARE some differences. That being said, SmartSheet does a wonderful job of expanding the function library constantly, which makes it an ongoing task to stay up-to-date with what is new and possible (this is both a Pro and a Con since the library is so very dynamic)

Kat W.

• Customer Support Software

Fantastic tool that is growing quickly!

Reviewed on 2020-07-14

I'm a huge fan of Smartsheet. I would highly recommend their annual conference - ENGAGE. It's a great mix of presentations of use cases, tutorials, hands on workshops, networking, and a glimpse into their roadmap.

With Smartsheet, we've saved time on existing processes and been able to build out new processes we weren't able to streamline/automate before Smartsheet. It also is so helpful with managing data integrity and auditing when/how things are edited. We also use it quite a bit to collaborate externally - that alone has made Smartsheet worth it.

Pros

There's a lot to like about Smartsheet. You can get simple business processes converted quickly. The automation 'designer' is so easy to use and it's quite intuitive. Permissions are easy to manage without feeling overwhelming. Their training center is one of the best I've seen. Our Account Team is also phenomenal. I can't say enough about them. They never make me feel like they don't have time to talk use cases, strategies, or even one off questions. They roll out new functionality often enough to add value but not so often that you can't keep up. Smartsheet also really values their customer's feedback - highly recommend their EAP.

Cons

Smartsheet is great in so many ways but there are some functionality missing that would make a massive difference in the amount of processes I could move to Smartsheet - cascading dropdowns, setting a field's value with automation, setting a form field's value based on another field or formula, editing an existing item via a form (not an update request), extract time stamping from cell history to be able to report on it. I would also like to see more consistency in the functionality across different apps within the platform. Overall, I'm able to find workarounds to most of the functionality wish list and with their ability to turn out new features often throughout the year, I don't consider these as deal breakers.

My other pain point (though it's also helpful in some ways, especially for small businesses) is how tiered the features are - meaning that you do have to purchase premium apps/add ons to leverage the full power of Smartsheet. That gives a lot of flexibility in how you want to scale but is also a bit of a pain as an end user, making the case for purchasing the add ons that will help my processes even more.

James C.
  • Industry: Sports

• Customer Support Software

A bit un-human and cheeky

Reviewed on 2020-01-30

Disconnected - we use InfusionSoft and despite the software being hard to use sometimes and changes happen constantly, they have mitigated risk of leaving by investing in human contact and support.

I posted something to the Smartsheet community and hear nothing.

Pros

Collaboration
Action features
How to tutorials/onboarding is good
Webforms

Cons

Lack of a chat support system or ticketing system
The upsell on functions - have free collaborators now having to pay to do things they could of done prior even though they had been using the system for years. Understand if certain features are now paid to commercialise the product, however I think it is unfair to penalise historic users. If you looked at a micro level with us you will see a 200% growth in our subscription over its lifetime and I feel this short term and automated upsell could and has damaged perceptions of the overall product. 18 months ago I would of been a 10 regarding recommedations and now it is less.

Kirstine L.

• Customer Support Software

Great software to create a bespoke solution

Reviewed on 2020-01-30

I work for a small construction company who used to keep all their information "in their heads, or on the back of a fag packet"!!! This has revolutionised the way they work and not only stopped them from forgetting things but also given them the ability to look at live costs and income.

They now have a dashboard to see the 'big picture', individual Reports to show their own specific projects, an automated transfer of information to accounts when they mark a job as complete, reminders, comments so they can stay up to date with any info added by other people, and so many other little 'life hacks' that make their lives easier.

Smartsheet has changed the way we all work immeasurably for the better. I couldn't recommend it more highly.

Pros

I love the Smartsheet Community who will help you find ways to adapt Smartsheet to suit each individual need you may have. I've been using the software for years and every time I've wanted to use it for something new we've found a way! Sometimes there have been delays due to the capacity not being there YET, but it's easy to submit a Product Enhancement Request.

There are updates and innovations ALL THE TIME and while they're not shoved down your throat, there's plenty of support out there if you want it, not only from the Community but also videos and webinars (live or recorded). If you've got the motivation and imagination then I think the possibilities are unlimited, without needing to be a programmer or have any coding knowledge.

Cons

There's not much I can say that's bad about Smartsheet. I find it slightly difficult that it's very US based and I'm in the UK, but that's true of most comparable software.

I'm also not keen on the Learning Centre as it sometimes assumes a level of knowledge that is beyond me and I find it incomprehensible! It's not a problem though as I can easily turn to the Community!

Sara G.
  • Industry: Insurance Software

Love the versatility

Reviewed on 2019-12-05

I love the webinars on new services and the ability to become certified to use this tool- its such a time saver and I love that if I think of something I need to do on my commute home- I can just pull it up on my phone. Overall I would recommend it to my text company too- I would rather use Smart sheet as a project management tool than any tool designed for math brains that isn't as freestyle.

Pros

I love this software. I love the pick up and go aspect where I can access it on all my devices. I love the automatic saves- because I am terrible at remembering to save, and I love the ability to attach files and tag people for projects. I used the software at my previous company for creative project management and now I'm using it like agile for product development builds. Its great for tracking and overall roadmapping. I wouldn't use anything else when I can do everything I want right here!

Cons

All the issues I've had have been solved in new releases but it would be wonderful if I could build graphic pages in the software- I'm hoping that comes soon. Like a mobile photoshop or powerpoint or image tool.

Agile CRM

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet

The ability to be a wiki spreadsheet overall won our vote. Its for people who use both left and right brain.
Sarantos P.

Smartsheet Review

Reviewed on 2019-10-08

We use the software to track daily, weekly, and monthly tasks. We work with hundreds of clients who send in requests each week, and the software allows us to track the requests, and progress of the tasks.

Pros

Simplicity of use. Minimal downtime. Customer support has been great, and very responsive. Communication when downtime will occur, or when issues are taking place.

Cons

I do not have any issues or complaints regarding the software.

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Smartsheet

Salesforce is a great product, but it is expensive, and we wanted something that was more streamlined, and easier to use. Smartsheet is great for quick notes, updates, and reminders.

Salesforce Sales Cloud
Darrin B.

Quick points

Reviewed on 2019-10-08

Pros

·Being able to share a spreadsheet with other users in real-time.
· Like that users can complete a form to populate a spreadsheet to include uploading documents and that update requests could be sent to that user if a correction needs to be made or additional info is needed. The user then make the change(s) to the cell requested.

Cons

·Recently a change was made whereas a non-licensed user can no longer send update requests. We use Smartsheet to have student teachers complete some info pursuant to state law. When the student makes an error, we used to send an update request to have them correct a cell. Now only a licensed user can send those notifications, so we most likely will utilize regular emails for these changes or not use Smartsheet for this work.
·As of Monday (9.30.19), how the system used "comments" changed from a pop-up box that let you enter into a field, save that info and now click anywhere and that pop-up box disappeared. Now it opens "Conversations" which now blocks the right side of the spreadsheet and you must now click on the X to close it out. It also holds all of the comments made to the entire sheet which is more info that I need. Typically if a comment is added to a row, I just click on the comment bubble to that row instead of viewing all of the comments to the sheet.
·When an update request is sent and the person makes the correction, this information is not clearly discernible when viewing the sheet. Turning on notifications turns on too many notifications so this was not an option. The workaround is, I add a "note sent"column that I check when an update request is sent. I then review the sheet and look for rows that have "note sent" checked and now no longer have the pending update icon to look for corrections.
·Need better form controls (field limits, date fields, etc.).

Rob D.

We use Smartsheet for Project Management

Reviewed on 2019-10-08

As I mentioned, we use Smartsheet extensively for project planning and project management. But we also use it to run a help desk for our Electronic Health Record System. Here the forms feature comes in really handy. Users fill out a form to add tasks to the help desk. We also use it to manage our individual tasks and queues. And our development department is building sheets to track donations and plan promotions.

We often export the data and use it to build Tableau reports.

Pros

Projects are easy to set up with the built in functionality. There are lots of built in templates that you can use. But we have found it most helpful to build our own templates. We really appreciate being able to add dependencies, working and non working days, and duration. Then the start and end dates fill in automatically. We have found that the learning curve is not nearly as steep for Smartsheet as it was for Microsoft Project.

Another really helpful feature is being able to use formulas in the Project Plan. Our team schedules our work using a points system. I was able to create formulas that take the number of points for that task and who is assigned to that task to create a point breakdown for each person or team assigned. We then use the linking feature to link the total points for the project, the points accomplished, and the status of the project to a master "Queue" sheet.

Smartsheet has special formula values available for children and ancestors of a task. So, we use a simple =Sum(Children()) formula to add up the points. Actually, the formulas end up being more complicated because we can test whether the row has children or not and do different things depending on the test. For instance, when summing the work completed if the task has no children, then the product of the percent complete and points gives us the number of points completed. If the row is a parent, then the formula sums the children.

Cons

For project planning the resources feature is not as helpful as it could be. The main reason is that if a staff is assigned to a row during a particular time, the resource function assumes that they are 100% allocated for that time. So, if you have three tasks that overlap, the resource allocations shows 300%. We have mitigated that by routinely filling in 30% allocation for each resource. This helps to take into account the fact that a task although it lasts a full week won't take up all the staff's time. One idea I have had recently--but haven't tried yet--is to make a formula that takes the number of points for the task and assigns an appropriate allocation number based on points per week.

The other feature that we haven't found useful is the "Critical Path." How the software determines what is on the critical path is a mystery. I'm not sure why it chooses some tasks that have dependencies filled in, but not others that seem to be just as important.

Jordan K.
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

Versatile Project Management Tool

Reviewed on 2019-10-08

We use Smartsheet in lots of ways -- from spinning up dashboards to show our operations teams how they're doing on any given day to managing data transfers from sales to operations to crafting project plans for implementations to tracking survey responses when projects are completed. It's an incredibly versatile tool that, with a little creativity, can produce amazing results.

Pros

I love how accessible and customizable the product is. We're able to make it do so much to integrate various departments and help work flow across the organization.

Cons

Some of the features aren't carried from sheet to sheet when you save as a Template or save a project as "new", and having to reconfigure alert rules can be time consuming.

Steve M.

• Customer Support Software

Enterprise features and pricing mean you can probably find a startup alternative

Reviewed on 2019-08-08

I hated it a few years back when I first started using it. The thing that won me over and made me a power user was the interface refresh about a year ago. I then took the Smartsheet training to be certified and that opened my eyes to the power of the tool (and also to the fact that the sheets I hated were users in our company using it very, very WRONG). Anyway, while we do love it, there are a few antiquated things like concurrent editing that are truly broken (Google sheets can do this just fine!) and the recent price increase for our contract means that we are probably moving to another tool.

Pros

--You can easily switch between different views of the same data, e.g. grid vs. Kanban
--Dashboards and reporting are both powerful
--Growing number of integrations
--Commenting per-row is excellent
--Can be used as a simple spreadsheet
--Security/permissions are robust and intuitive
--Excellent training and certs available
--Forms feature is pretty complete for basic stuff
--Very extensive formula capabilities, almost like Excel
--The "business" pricing tier would actually be quite adequate for my group's needs, vs. the enterprise plan
--Nesting/hierarchy of rows can be useful

Cons

--No in-cell formatting
--Awkward multi-user editing, no auto-save, other users keep resetting views
--Reporting is difficult, meaning that you have to create separate complex reports instead of just saved views
--Not a true database or app builder
--Notifications system is wonky, delayed, and hard for new users to tame
--Very easy to abuse and misuse, even worse than Excel because you can add in the nesting/hierarchy (we have one user in particular that makes the most gawdawful sheets you've ever seen, partly because of the inherent Smartsheet interface)
--Attachments are pretty rough, not easily visible or visual, and no desktop app integrations (e.g. save a file from Word to SmartSheet)
--No concept of a "document" or app, only the spreadsheet motif; can't do notes or instructions very easily, for example, so people overload rows for this and that makes reporting even harder when you have to manually select rows
--Forms feature not embeddable or graphically complete with formatting to make it look nice
--Not clear how you combine formulas and forms without overwriting formulas at the bottom--I haven't figured this out yet even after years of using it
--Enterprise pricing is now forcing us to consider alternatives, including lower tiers of Smartsheet

Joel F.

• Customer Support Software

Smartsheet to the rescue for my project planning!

Reviewed on 2020-04-01

I love the product. I built many dashboards for many projects and adoption was growing within the company, but the cost was higher than other software. It should compete with Microsoft Planner (0$) and Microsoft Project Online (10$ a month)

Pros

I love that the learning curve is so low. This helps the adoption rate within the company

Cons

Could be much easier to integrate with Microsoft Teams for example

Asana

Reasons for Choosing Smartsheet

It was simpler to use than the Microsoft Project product; therefore, better adoption within the company

Microsoft Project

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet

It has many more features for Dashboarding than Asana does.
Rachel L.
  • Industry: Insurance Software

Smartsheet User Review

Reviewed on 2019-12-05

I started out not knowing what Smartsheet was, but we had some company wide projects I was a part of that allowed me to get a basic knowledge. Afterward, I was able to research as well as complete Smartsheet training which as caused me to love the software even more. I am one of 2 certified users in our company, allowing me to assist and teach others and to help push out other projects within Smartsheet. We started out with only 3-4 of us using the program, and now every employee within our company uses Smartsheet on a daily basis. We have been able to centralize and share a lot of information, and Smartsheet has even allowed for better interaction with our Clients.

Pros

I love all of the options for automation and the ease of organization. There are a great amount of options when sharing/storing data, and it is accessible on multiple platforms, which is helpful on the go. I appreciate that there are online learning opportunities to better your experience and improve your Smartsheet skills. This has also helped spread the use of Smartsheet throughout our company. I love that multiple team members can access and communicate across one sheet without having to track items down.

Cons

Some of the dashboard options are limited. I also miss the ability to have multiple tabs open in Smartsheet, as now I often end up with multiple tabs in my browser open instead.

Rebecca C.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

With the right access - it's a GREAT tool

Reviewed on 2020-07-14

With the right access (Admin+) I LOVE what Smartsheet can do. I see the value it brings.

Pros

AWESOME cloud based functionality that really helps manage projects and our entire portfolio. GREAT feature to engage your audience is all you need is an email to SHARE the sheet and others can have access (even though they may not use Smartsheet). LOVE the easy "update request" feature/ability.

Cons

There is a lot I feel this lacks:
- The ability to create a Visio type image for a timeline (when your entire plan is in SS, we need more than just a gnat chart to use to Director level meetings) - we need different types of color
- When ONE column name is changed EVERY SINGLE REPORT that has that column name has to be updated - there should be an auto update/replace ability (and NOT an add on feature for $40k+)
- Report Summary - just like a sheet summary feature, there should be the SAME ability for a REPORT to summarize as 90% of what you use/summarize is on a REPORT, not necessarily in a sheet
-PIVOT Charts - I know this is NOT excel, but I can whip together data much easier in excel than I can in SS
-Formatting & editing ability in a REPORT (I don't want to always go back to my SHEET to format data) - i want to just format the data i need on the report
- Ability to add formula's to a report (the data we use is more than likely on a report...not a sheet)

Bob K.
  • Industry: Building Materials

• Customer Support Software

simple to Powerful depending on needs and skills

Reviewed on 2021-09-13

Most of what I use Smartsheet for is workflow. Our departments today email one another directly, so if someone leaves or is on vacation the email sits and the workflow stops. I typically create a flow chart of the process and even label the Smartsheet workflows with an ID so I can tie them back from Smartsheet to the process. Workflows and formulas provide capabilities to do almost anything when it comes to flow control and notifications.

Pros

In its most basic form - Smartsheet is a shared spreadsheet allowing multiple users access to update simultaneously. Dig a little deeper and you uncover endless possibilities in the way of business process solutions. As a process engineer and former code developer I truly love the ease at which I can implement the solutions I design. While the number of features are too many to list, one thing I can say is that Smartsheet is constantly adding to the list making the tool more powerful every day.

Cons

Since we use Smartsheet with our external sales reps I have the need to hide data from one agency to another. For a user to edit data (even in a report) they need to be permissioned to the sheet. This causes the sheet to show in their dashboard folder - giving them access to the entire set of data. A Third party add-on called Dynamic view solves this challenge, however I lose all the great presentation of the Smartsheet native reports.

Kristina M.
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Must have for Team Management

Reviewed on 2021-09-23

I love it and use SS daily. I’ve converted my entire working group to Smartsheet. Product support is pretty minimal, and I’m mostly self taught. I wish there were easier ways to get over learning hurdles without scouring forums.

Pros

I’ve used Smartsheet at two different companies and my favorite feature is how accessible and intuitive the tool is to the average person. Not a business analyst, no problem. Not an excel wizard, no problem? No Tableau license, no worries. Easy and fast for the lay person to understand and use.

Cons

Over the years I’ve built so many processes using SS. When I bring a new person into the team I find myself wishing for an easy process maps. For example, which gives sheets feed which reports to which dashboards. I usually end up drawing a map or creating a flow chart in PPT, but i would love an easier way to do this. I’m sure I have sheets that are no longer in use that I could clean out if I was more confident that I wouldn’t break automation. I also have bumped into sheet size issues with formulas. We manage about 60 locations via a contacts sheet and would like other sheets to “go get” the current contact for any given location, but formula length would not permit this.

Erich S.

• Customer Support Software

A functional hybrid of project management software and excel

Reviewed on 2018-01-20

Pros

Smartsheet is fantastic if you are a project manager or anyone that tracks things collaboratively.
I use it daily to keep track of projects. It is like google sheets but has much more functionality with a unique blend of project management flavors. It is easy and intuitive once you get the hang of it, and doubly so if you are accustomed to using google sheets. Even if your teammates don't have licenses, you can invite them to look at and collaborate with your project, add comments, attachments, and even alerts.
As an applicant tracker, I use it to keep track of new hires. We attach their new hire paperwork to the smartsheet (instead of emailing sensitive documents) and other HR members can go in and look and progress, check off when they do their part (benefits orientation, enter into payroll etc) so i can keep track of where the employee is in the process.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve. When you first use it, you think that there isn't much difference to google sheets, but once you go through the training, see examples and use it for awhile, it is hard to go back to google sheets because it just doesn't have the functionality you need.
Some of the formula functionality of say, excel is missing, but they are making improvements to the platform all the time.

Connie W.
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

Smartsheet Review

Reviewed on 2021-09-23

We use Smartsheet for almost every application in some capacity. When we are unsure how to do something we simply google it and most of the time there is a way to accomplish the task with Smartsheet. If that fails then we have a customer success manager who can point us in right direction. If we have a large cross functional implementation such as "Control Center" we hire one of Smartsheet's project engineers to implement the solution. We are very happy with the support and product quality.

Pros

Smartsheet is constantly upgrading their software to include more and more features that just keep making this product even better. Anyone can create solutions without writing code which improve efficiencies, creates automation or allows you to track complex implementations.

Cons

Most users of Smartsheet get hooked very quickly on the power of the tool however, it can be challenging to get non users excited about the solution. It has taken our company many years to get senior leaders to consider Smartsheet vs other software solutions (or no solution at all). Every few years we upgrade to add more powerful Smartsheet solutions and every time we bring the business case forward it takes a big effort to approval. With every addon solution we purchased we were able to get it up and running quickly and were able to find many more use cases to deploy the solution.

Jon H.

• Customer Support Software

Smartsheet is a life-saver!

Reviewed on 2019-12-05

Smartsheet has been critical in fulfilling our needs for having customizable, cloud based live-documents to share between our teams. It's wonderful to be able to create & change forms to fit our needs. The reports & dashboards have been huge time-savers in helping to show critical information with each other and our teams.

Pros

Smartsheet has infinite customization options to fit your needs.

Cons

Smartsheet does not currently have a convenient data validation option where I can place data easily to be used on multiple sheets & only update it the one central location.

monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Smartsheet

We needed a software we could easily integrate with our system and was cloud based, to move our order tracking & processing forward.

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet

We started using Smartsheet & the ease of use & customization option immediately caught on with those of us who were using it.

• Customer Support Software

Great project organization and sharing tool

Reviewed on 2019-10-15

Overall Smartsheet has been great for helping our teams get organized and share projects. It’s a great alternative to Excel spreadsheets, with lots of additional features and sharing capabilities.

Pros

I love the ability to create multiple projects and group them by folder. For our account managers, this made it easy to identify projects by client. Project sharing is also a great feature - simply copy and paste the link to the sheet you want to share and voila!

Cons

It can be difficult to get up and running if you’re expecting the functionality to be the same as Excel sheets. It doesn’t use the same formulas. The online tutorials are helpful though.

Google Sheets

Reasons for Choosing Smartsheet

We needed something that allowed us to more easily organize our projects and group by client. Smartsheet fit the bill!

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet

It was more secure and had added functionality for sharing.
Rick benjamin L.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

• Customer Support Software

Too many Work Management tools in the market, but I realised Smartsheet is a future proven...

Reviewed on 2021-07-13

In terms of user usability experience, It is really easy to learn and deploy. As long as I have a known workflow, I can turn it into an effective automated workflow and collaborate with others.

Pros

I realised Smartsheet has broader features and capabilities rather than a single tool to solve certain workflow. As most of our works are so dynamic, I can easily unify technology, people and process in a single platform without too many siloed applications. It's truly cost effective to empower organisational change for Talent and work achievement. In terms of integration with other System of Records, such as ERP, CRM HRMS and etc, their entire ecosystem of API integration is well established.

Cons

Their premium add-on features require higher cost to upgrade.