TimeSolv

Practice your passion. Ours is billing and timekeeping.

4.3/5

Stephanie C.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Great Product & Great Service

Reviewed on 2021-03-01

From day one I was able to use this software that is how user friendly it is! The support and staff are wonderful. I work a full time job and can only talk to the support staff after hours if I need something. The rep. we have is so wonderful she is always willing to speak to me after hours if I need anything!

Pros

This software is easy to use, all double click and choose. Easy to add/create new matters, bills and clients.

Cons

I would like to see more fillable fields for your templates. That is one thing I like about Amicus are the templates and all the choices for fillable fields to create template letters, pleadings and more.

Susan C.

Love TimeSolv!

Reviewed on 2019-03-26

My overall experience with TimeSolv is very positive. I always know exactly where I am on time entry, billing, and expense entry. It's easy to use. For example, I can run a ledger entries report when I'm on the phone with a client trying to determine total hours or expenses, making it possible for me to immediately answer any questions.

Pros

We use TimeSolv for all our time entry, legal billing and I use it daily for client expense entry. I like that I can run reports on Ledger Entries, Expense Entries, etc., at any time. I also think TimeSolv's customer support is excellent. Every time I've had to call for support, I've ended up learning a new function of TimeSolv from the rep helping me.

Cons

Although I've been using TimeSolv for three years, I still find client invoices extremely confusing, as do most of our clients. I spend a lot of time on the phone when clients call in because they don't understand their invoice.

Julie M.

Love this billing solution

Reviewed on 2015-11-20

I've been using TimeSolv since I started my own law practice over 5 years ago. My first day in my own office, I got a free 30-day subscription to Quick Books, but I found that it was not conducive to a law practice so I went online looking for something else. I was really glad I did because I found TimeSolv and I've been very happy with it. They include a 90-minute tutorial with a live person so you feel like you get started out on the right foot, then if you have questions, they are always available to help. For about the first year or so, I had to call every month when I was doing my invoices since there was usually something I hadn't done before so needed assistance, but they are always very nice about walking me through it. There's one thing I would change if I could, and that is that a bill gets automatically generated for a client every month until there is a zero balance, even if I added no billable time that particular month. I bill on the first of every month for the previous month, and if I send a client a bill that does not get fully paid off before the next bill goes out, and I haven't done any new work for that client that month, then a new bill doesn't automatically generate. However, I like to send out a bill every month just because I won't receive any further payments unless I do so. I have to "trick" the system into generating a bill by putting an expense on and then deleting it. This is a cumbersome solution so I would rather the system do it on its own. Other than that, though, the system is very user friendly and I have no complaints. Before going on my own, I was at a firm for 8 years and we had a bookkeeper to do all our invoices. When I went solo, I was a little apprehensive about having to do it all myself. Timesolv makes it very easy though, and I tell other lawyers about it all the time. Thanks for a great product!

Karines A.
  • Industry: Accounting Software

Timesolv review

Reviewed on 2021-02-17

My experience has been wonderful will recommend to others!

Pros

Easy to navigate user friendly and support if johnnie on the spot Tiann is awesome!! Training and support is free

Cons

nothing yet to report .

Rich B.

• Customer Support Software

We strongly recommend TimeSolv as a cost effective and outstanding time billing tool

Reviewed on 2015-12-24

Our firm, The Brenner Group, started using TimeSolv in 2001. It is utilized to manage our unique timekeeping and expense reporting needs for our employees, who provide billable services to many clients simultaneously, with potentially different hourly or fixed rates for different assignments. On top of this, they are not in the office frequently.

Initially, we simply asked employees to record their time, and then we exported it to MS Access and QuickBooks in order to do invoicing. As the product has evolved, we now do time reporting, invoicing and collections directly in TimeSolv, as well as managing our employees reimbursable expenses.

The system has always been reliable, and easy to use. Our employees feel like they can keep track of their time and billing, and will soon be able to also track their individual accounts receivable. The system has grown and become more user friendly with each revision.

We strongly recommend TimeSolv as a cost effective and outstanding tool to manage client timekeeping requirements.

Well Done!

David N.

• Customer Support Software

Timesolv: the most versatile and user focused solution for time tracking needs and invoicing

Reviewed on 2015-11-20

Timesolv is easy to use and extremely flexible in its user interface. There are so many ways of tracking your time with Timesolv - both on your office computer and on your mobile devise. Modifying your time entries are a breeze and invoices are literally sent "at a touch of a button". Tracking performance and adding and removing users is simple. Trust accounting is fairly easy - although it requires two steps to do a trust disbursement and then a subsequent allocation. I can't say too many times that this software has been designed to let professionals track and enter their time with the greatest of ease, track their time via mobile devise, track your time in real time, and sent virtual invoices that do not get jammed up in spam filters. Bravo!

Jennifer A.

• Customer Support Software

Great product for small firms

Reviewed on 2020-02-12

Pros

TimeSolv is easy to use and customize. It provides everything my small practice needs for timekeeping and invoicing.

Cons

The invoice print out looks a little basic.

Don Z.

• Customer Support Software

This is an outstanding package of software-as-service!

Reviewed on 2015-12-09

I am a solo real estate attorney. TimeSolv includes exactly everything that I need in a billing system. It also excludes features that I don't need in my practice (like court docketing, etc.).
It is so easy, even a lawyer can use it.
Plus, whenever I have a question, help is there by text chat or phone, with people who know everything about TimeSolv. This is especially helpful when I want to use TimeSolv to record information that is a little "outside the box" (like non-billable firm admin expenses).
I strongly recommend TimeSolv .

Howard L.

TimeSolv for Macs

Reviewed on 2016-05-25

Let me add my personal recommendation for TimeSolv. I have tried and tested almost all of the time and billing programs for the Mac, having used Macs since 1984. It is easy to use but extremely powerful. We have many different billing structures and TimeSolv can handle everything we throw at it. The more recently added IOS app allows capture of time and expenses on the fly with see less integration and syncing. I get nothing from posting about TimeSolv but I just know how well it works. Give it a shot and you won't be sorry.

Darci O.

Small business hero

Reviewed on 2015-11-20

TimeSolv has be a great platform for our Fine Art Consulting business. Files are easy to set up and the fact that it's web based makes it very simple for our field consultants to get their time and expense entered accurately and timely no matter where they are. We have really appreciated the ability to customize all the possible entries to our specific needs. Billing our clients is quick and easy and the invoices are simple for our clients to understand.
Thank you TimeSolv!

Andrew W.

Love it

Reviewed on 2015-11-20

TimeSolv helped me get my billing in order, and condensed what sometimes took me a full week into something I can finish up during morning coffee. It does a lot. So much so that it was actually daunting at first, but the customer service people did an amazing job helping me learn how it works. The more familiar I become with it, the more I like it. The desktop app (TimeSynch) is especially useful.

Shelby V.

• Customer Support Software

Use it daily to track time

Reviewed on 2015-11-20

Usually quickly loads information. Sometimes it has issues with lag

Response from TimeSolv Billing

Thanks for your review.

TimeSolv application and server performance is monitored by a third party application every minute of every day. We make this information public. See http://stats.pingdom.com/qa403g9ipulk/1147561

TimeSolv application uses performance optimized code generation to provide a fast loading web application.

Since TimeSolv is web based application, a user may experience a lag due to their local network. TimeSolv also provides downloadable application for Mac, PC, iPad, iPhone, Android that may be a better option for slow network performance.

Trevor R.

• Customer Support Software

I was able to pick up software easily

Reviewed on 2015-11-20

I am new to a law firm and new to this software, but was able to pick it up easily. I enjoy all the features and customization options. It really makes it easy to be able to meet client needs, whatever they may be.

Elizabeth W.

Terrific, user-friendly billing software

Reviewed on 2015-11-20

Easy and efficient time entry experience. The hourglass feature is nice, as is the ability to copy a previous entry. I also like the ease of being able to edit, and the report running features.

David F.

• Customer Support Software

I strated a new law firm and chose Timesolv for my time/billg software.

Reviewed on 2015-11-20

The software is very intuitive and it is also very forgiving when you make a mistake. The inter face with QuickBooks makes the accounting much easier for my bookkeeper.

Gillian O.

Great Program!

Reviewed on 2015-11-20

I've been using this program for my legal billing for several years now and I love it. Zero complaints!

Angela jessica G.

Easy and quick

Reviewed on 2015-12-07

This program is very easy to use and allows you to capture time efficiently and quickly

Kevin G.

• Customer Support Software

TimeSolv ROCKS!! Quick and efficient, submission couldn't be easier!

Reviewed on 2015-11-20

Maybe a dropdown with the different selections

Carlos B.

• Customer Support Software

Timesolv has made my firm's billing process more efficient, controloing billable hours.

Reviewed on 2015-11-20

I see no cons with Timesolv.

Todd J.

It's average

Reviewed on 2015-11-20

I liked the previous version better. The design is not intuitive, but it works.

• Used for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

Support Staff was rude, argumentative, and unprofessional

Reviewed on 2019-08-01

Disappointing, unprofessional, and a complete waste of our time.

Pros

Nothing about this software makes it stand out from its competitors.

Cons

The support staff had difficulty handling even a simple training. We worked with representative, who informed us she reports directly to the CEO. She was rude, unprofessional, and worse appeared not to understand her own product. We were testing out the integration into Quickbooks and she couldn't answer the simplest questions. Worse, after we told her several times we did not want to upload all of our active clients into the system from Quickbooks, she did it anyway. And the last straw was when she changed an active client into a "test" client to create an invoice- AND ACTUALLY EMAILED THE TEST INVOICE TO OUR CLIENT CONTACT. She then spent the next 10 minutes trying to argue with my office manager that it was the office manager's fault.

Bill4Time, HoudiniESQ, MyCase and Zola Suite

Reasons for Switching to TimeSolv

We did not choose it. My advice to others would be to not select this product. There is nothing about this software that you cannot get on a different platform and nothing that would make suffering through the incompetence of the support staff worthwhile.

Response from TimeSolv Billing

Hello, we're very sorry for your experience during your free trial with TimeSolv. However, we feel compelled to answer some of your most pointed criticisms. As you'll see by looking at other reviews of TimeSolv, your experience was truly an exception. The rep you worked with has been singled out over and over from various customers for the exact opposite attributes you described. Many, many customers laud her for her professionalism and her exceptional product knowledge. We're confident her knowledge of legal billing and TimeSolv and our integration with QuickBooks are second to none.

While demonstrating our features, she made a point of asking if the data in the system was demo data and not for real, active clients. At no time was Tiann told this TEST client housed real client information.

We again apologize, but we stand behind our representative and our product and feel our 4.5/5 rating from over 289 reviews on Capterra/Get App backs that up.

James P.

• Customer Support Software

We use this to keep track of our time and expenses to bill clients of the law firm.

Reviewed on 2015-11-20

Over more than 35 years operating a law practice I have had to implement and use different methods to keep track of time spent working on the client's case and the expenses that were incurred. Out of all of the resources that have been available the most efficient, flexible, and economical has been Time Solve. Occasionally improvements will be made to the program and you may have to take a few minutes to learn them, but if you have the least problem, you can either email or phone Time Solve staff and if you do not immediately speak with a representative you will talk you through the problem, you can be certain that within a few hours or less you will have a response and the help you need. I am not tech savvy and the people who work with me are not much better, but we all have been able to learn to work with Time Solve. Most importantly, it has allowed us to increase our billing time by including time while we are doing the work or if work was not included at the time it was performed, to enter into the client's records and create a draft copy of the bill to review, check for accuracy and then send to the client. Besides, Time Solve will send out the bills for you by either email, U.S. mail, or both if you prefer. It is a great service that has made me a more relaxed attorney because I have solid computer back up if a bill is questioned and the ease of keeping track of my time and which clients demand the most of it.

Kelley K.

I love it.

Reviewed on 2015-11-20

We use TimeSolve exclusively for our timekeeping and billing. I have only good things to say about the program. It is so much easier to use than our old system (that we paid a lot of money to purchase). Everything about the program -- including client information set-up, timekeeping, report generation, and invoicing -- is amazingly user friendly. We were up and running with TimeSolve immediately. I like that the program is web-based so that I can use out away from the office just as easily as when I am at the office. The program is so easy to use, there is no excuse for ever not getting billable time recorded on a real-time basis, or as close to real-time as possible. I am very glad that we made the switch over to TimeSolve -- it's one of the best admin decisions we've made.

Julie C.

• Customer Support Software

Simple and Quick. Overall a good product.

Reviewed on 2015-11-20

I went from using Tabs software to Timesolv this year. Timesolv is more user-friendly, but lacks some of the features of other, more complicated billing tools. For example, there is no report or feature that enables the user to sort clients by their assigned identification numbers. We use a number system that is designed focus on recent clients and matters, and without the ability to sort them, it makes our billing and analyses a little tougher. In general, however, our billing process has become more simplified, as more users can access it remotely. It is easy to add clients, easy to submit time entries, and easy to create, edit and finalize invoices.

Pat M.

• Customer Support Software

Easy to learn how to use and great customer service support when help is required

Reviewed on 2015-11-20

Been using the software for 10 months and very pleased. Much easier than our previous billing software. I like the ease of undoing an entry if necessary and ability to retrieve invoices billed. Customer service has always been helpful when I have a question. We are a small law office of three attorneys and only one support staff. All the attorneys are able to use the software and like the fact it is not complicated. A very good product for any law office, so glad we switched.