Zoho Mail

Secure email hosting & mailbox management for business users

4.4 /5 (539 reviews) Write a Review!
4.4
4.6
4.4
4.3
4.3
Felix J.
  • Industry: Accounting

Great for basic capabilities, lacking integration with other suites

Reviewed on 2019-09-09

Zoho Mail was a very solid experience during the time I used it for over 5 years. It was mostly stable with no major issues whatsoever. The setup was straightforward and I didn't have to switch into the "admin" role during day to day very often. It was quite set-it-and-forget-it for basic email duties. However, as time went on, their email solution and other included goodies felt more and more limited. With everyone using the big names of Gsuite and O365, still being stuck on Zoho's unheard of platform seemed more work than it was worth.

It's a great (free under 5 users) product​ if you're not looking to do anything fancy, and only care about basic functionality.

Pros

Zoho Mail worked well as a provider for my email on my custom domain. It has all of the features you would need out of a typical email provider, like Gmail​ or Outlook. It was simple to set up, just by adding an MX record into my DNS which took until 5 minutes. The UI is simple but powerful, and their advanced search tools helped me find emails from long ago that I wouldn't be able to find otherwise.

Since my only user was myself and an additional service account for miscellaneous sending purposes, I was using the "free" version, which is fully featured, but limited to 5 users. While the free version includes quite a lot of mail features, it is ultimately limited on mail storage, eventually causing me to move away. The free version also included access to some of Zoho's other products, including their contacts and calendar suite (expected with any email provider these days), as well as their office suite (think Word/Excel/Powerpoint). These were nice features to have included, but I ultimately did not use them too much, except for Contacts and Calendar.

Cons

Zoho is the underdog in the category of SaaS business suites, competing against GSuite and O365. While the product is fully featured and includes plenty of powerful tools, what it lacks is widespread support and integration, which ultimately made me move to O365, after using Zoho for 5 years. Their propriety storage and document solution are​ basically unheard of compared to Office Online (with OneDrive) and Google Docs (with Drive). Their IMAP/POP3, CalDav, and CardDav solutions are basic and fragmented, though the features are there. Furthermore, with the free account, I didn't get/expect any customer support so any problems were left to myself to fix (not many came up anyways).

Primarily, you lack integration with third parties and industry leaders with their services. They don't provide many plugins or connectors to external parties, and when they do, the options are lackluster. Don't expect to be able to automate things with Zoho.

• Industry: Mental Health Care

So-So Email Platform with Pros and Cons

Reviewed on 2019-06-24

While not perfect, Zoho Mail - both from a user and administrator standpoint - worked well enough to satisfy business needs which was to host email accounts from a custom website domain. Plus. It's hard to really complain about something that doesn't cost anything. The overall look and feel of it is dated and definitely minor leagues compared to powerhouses like Gmail and Outlook and Yahoo Mail, but taken as is, it works and gets the job done.

Pros

Free platform to set up and manage multiple email addresses for a custom domain. It's super easy to set up individual email accounts and groups.

Cons

While creating email accounts with easy, managing them was not so much. Often you would get errors that made no sense even though everything seemed to be working. Also, the user interface could be improved as it seems a bit dated and clunky. And email classifications such as Newsletter and Notification would often mis-categorize emails causing you to miss important emails at first.

Ankit G.

One of the best email service for businesses

Reviewed on 2020-11-05

It's been pretty nice. I have been using it for a long time. Every time I launch a new business ZOHO mail is my first choice.

Pros

Features I like:

1. Has a plan for every budget(free to enterprise).
2. Easy integration with other ZOHO apps.
3. Mobile app is very easy to use.

Cons

Features I hate:

1. The dark mode sometimes acts weird on email templates.

Jem C.
  • Industry: Media Production

Underrated piece of software, with generous options for small businesses

Reviewed on 2019-06-01

Zoho has been one of the best choices we've made with our business so far, in that it provides a high-end product for a free or extremely reasonable price point. It's allowed us to professionalise our output from day one, and has a full suite of tools which you would need. I would recommend this to anyone looking to start out.

Pros

• For small businesses of up to 10 users, Zoho offers a free option, which isn't limited by time frame. This has been a real game-changer for us to be able to access these kinds of tools for free.
• The software has all of the features you'd expect, but also a lot of tools which are really useful for me as a start-up owner - for example, the ability to be able to schedule mail ahead of time.
• The app has been vastly improved recently, looking much cleaner, with several customisation options.
• I've rarely had cause to interact with the customer service team, but when ringing up on the phone, I get straight through and they're able to give me a solution fairly quickly.

Cons

• There isn't yet the ability to manage multiple domain names in one account, which would be a feature I'd like to see.
• There have been occasional periods of downtime, however, this has been only a few times in the last few years.
• When I first opened the account, I did have some problems with emails sent out going into spam, but the team have now provided some comprehensive steps on opening an account on how to avoid this.

Shannon W.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Great, basic email option!

Reviewed on 2020-02-20

Overall, my experience with ZohoMail has been comparable to other name brand email providers. I can't complain, I can send and attach documents or images with ease. I receive all my emails just like any other software and its a great option for my small non-profit.

Pros

Zoho Mail works like any other "big name" software, but it can be a little basic. That's good though, that is what I like about it. I can send and receive all my email easily. The user experience is very easy to learn and has everything you'd ever want in an email interface.

Cons

When I first started using the software, it was a little dated but there have been many improvements since I first integrated Zoho into my company.

Joe S.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Great entry level product, highly expandable

Reviewed on 2019-09-09

Branded email address for very low cost. Also their tech support was great when I lost my password and 2FA ability when my phone broke. I was able to get thru and solve the problem feeling like I was still secure but able to solve the issue.

Pros

I love the web mail client environment. It works well and is easy to use and organize. Managing email for my organization is easy as well. The management interface is well organized and easy to configure with GoDaddy. I especially love having a fairly large number of email accounts for free - it means setting up email for my 5 person company is free. It lets me have a my own email domain for the cost of owning the domain with no other expenses. Great entry level product.

Cons

There are some features I don't use and don't quite get. For a 5 person company we don't need everything that's there and it sometimes adds complexity that I have to push around.

Zach C.
  • Industry: Accounting

Zoho Mail - Great Option Overall

Reviewed on 2019-08-24

Overall, the software is great and achieves it purpose. However, there are a few technological, communication issues to fine tune for the future.

Pros

Zoho mail has an excellent, easy-to-use interface while also offering many options for customization and integration with other leading business software.

Cons

There have been multiple issues with a delay on receiving my security code to login and it caused me to lose time at work until the system started working again. There have been a few times where logging in did not work for hours, but was eventually resolved.

Ernesto enrique F.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Very good email service for entrepreneurs

Reviewed on 2018-12-29

With Zoho Mail I could have my corporate email with all the functionalities of a service like Office 365 or G Suite with a much lower cost.

Pros

Lo que mas me gusta es su fiabilidad, es rapido y funciona perfecto con servidores de correo corporativos. Puedes configurarlo como quieras y tienes docenas de aplicaciones que puedes integrar por parte de ZOHO que te ayudan a mejorar la presencia de tu organizacion. Su servicio gratuito tiene hasta 25 cuentas de 5GB cada una, lo que para una empresa pequeña en crecimiento es un alivio ya que no existe algun otro servicio parecido. Me gusta que puedes configurar el acceso personalizado y colocarle el logo de la empresa. Adicionalmente tiene aplicaciones moviles que te ayudan a gestionar el correo y los usuarios que no tiene nada que envidiarle a los servicios mas conocidos.

Cons

The only thing that I would like them to improve is the ability to customize more themes but with the new interface you almost do not even need it.

Silviu O.

Great Business Email Client

Reviewed on 2019-12-07

If you need a free business email, then Zoho is the perfect solution. It offers almost the same things as Google's G Suite.

Pros

Good user experience. Easy to customize email filters, email settings. It is the cheap alternative to G Suite.

Cons

You can't use the email forwarding option on the free plan. When setting it up, I have experienced a few problems and had to switch to the older version of Zoho.

Muhammad S.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

My experience using the Zoho Mail

Reviewed on 2020-12-03

My experience with the site is more than excellent, and I recommend it to everyone who wants professional mail and excellent service for free, and also using the site is easy like any other mail we use.

Pros

I have used Zoho for a short time, but I can judge that Zoho Mail is the best at giving you professional mail, and what I like most is that you can get a lot of features like message storage space that is enough for your use and all this is free for a lifetime and I have never had any problems with mail as it receives and sends messages without problems or delays, so far I like the site and it is easy to use. I recommend Zoho to everyone who wants your professional mail for free for life with great features, and if your workspace is bigger, they also offer various plans that you can subscribe to.

Cons

I had no problems using the site, either at first when registering and linking the site to my domain. You ran into some minor issues, and depending on the company the domain was leased from, you might not see these issues. Each company has an explanation on the site about how to connect the DNS settings, but the company that I rented the domain from did not have a detailed explanation

Roshen D.
  • Industry: Computer Games

Zoho Mail: The Best (and maybe only) Free Business Mail Software

Reviewed on 2020-02-25

Overall Zoho Mail is a great application for startup business to have a professional email and having to pay nothing but I do think the premium plans are worth the price and our company will probably upgrade once we start hiring again.

Pros

FREE! This software is actually the only free business mail software that would let us use our own domain for free and it was simple and easy to set up. We currently only have 5 employees which is great because Zoho Mail Free only has up to 5 users.

Cons

One of the main big things about this software is that you can't use secondary email clients such as the Windows Mail App and the Apple Mail App for on the go use. Zoho does offer this in their paid plan though. The limit is 5 users and for us it is fine because we only have 5 employees but if we were looking to hire more than we would have to purchase a paid plan.

Laura B.
  • Industry: Entertainment

great alternative to gmail

Reviewed on 2018-10-05

Whenever I had problems, or was trying to understand if a problem lay with the email browser or with Zoho, I received excellent customer support.
We would schedule a phone call, and/or the assistant would remote monitor my online use.
I also received whatsapp chat help.

Pros

The interface is well designed and it is a great way step out of the domination of google based mail which then transfers your data to way too many other apps.

As a standard IMAP/POP, it is compatible with all email browsers such as outlook, thunder, postmail etc

Cons

limited compatible fonts. sometimes it is difficult to understand if one needs to adjust the the control panel or the configuration settings

Hoang L.

Good free email solution for starters

Reviewed on 2018-06-25

Awesome free email hosting solution.

Pros

I used Zoho mostly for their free email hosting on which I can use my own domain. This is a great free solution if you want to set up mailboxes for your domain name for free.

Cons

Since Zoho placed some restrictions on the free tier such as no forwarding, I was forced to look at a paid plan which is priced similarly to Gmail (Gsuite). A Gsuite subscription is better in all aspects so I decided to leave Zoho for a Gsuite subscription.
If you plan to use the free tier, make sure you check their current restrictions to see if you might need some of the restricted features.

A free mail service with your own domain name

Reviewed on 2018-11-24

I have email addresses for my company, looks much more profesional than a Google or Yahoo address

Pros

After a configuration which was not too difficult a few years ago, I now have various email addresses with my own domain name for free. I connect my devices to it through IMAP and it works flawlessly. Functionalities are similar to other providers (filters, automatic reply etc). The free version is limited to 5 GB so you have to clean your mailboxes regularly

Cons

The website may not be as nice as Gmail but if you use dedicated software for collecting your emails you will not see it

Adithya U.

Zoho Mail - Alternative to G Suite for mails

Reviewed on 2019-07-29

Pros

* Easy and free way to host custom domain specific email id's. (Up-to 5 accounts can be created in free plan)
* Rich Admin tools to monitor and manager users
* Feature rich mobile app to check mails on go
* Supports calendar and meeting requests
* Adheres to GDPR compliance
* Supports scheduling of mails
* Supports email snippets
* Integrates with Zoho CRM

Cons

* Sometimes there is a delay in mail delivery.

Gordon J.
  • Industry: Computer Games

Great platform to host affordable business emails

Reviewed on 2019-05-10

It has helped me to create an affordable business email linked to my domain. So far, I have not had any of my emails end up in the junk box or spam folders of my contacts.

Pros

- Ease of use: Zoho makes using the dashboard almost a 'familiar' experience right from the first time
- Not too expensive and great for small businesses, entrepreneurs
- It allows you to ensure your email does not end up in the "Junk" or Spam folders of your contacts
- You can add users in your team to view a draft email and share thoughts before you send it. Excellent to save time and improve productivity.
- Easy to navigate the settings/options menu.
- Clean user interface

Cons

Zoho Customer support could improve. Support can be slow to respond and it is not always easy to communicate only in English. However, once they engage with you, they normally try their hardest to help.

Brent R.

Zoho Mail is a very stable mail platform with lots to customize

Reviewed on 2018-05-15

For me, Zoho Mail was a no-brainer because my business revolves around many of the Zoho applications already. So having it all in the same ecosystem is great. I love that I can customize it to the way I like, which is a common thing with Zoho software. It's been very stable and the servers are fast, and I have very few complaints!

Pros

As a user of several other Zoho products, I finally made the switch to Zoho Mail as my mail platform. I love that it integrates with other products in the Zoho line.

Zoho Mail has been a very reliable and secure mail platform, with multiple layers of security and verification you can implement to avoid your emails going to junk. And you can customize the platform quite a bit. Plus, you can still check it using any mail application if you prefer not to use the online interface.

But overall, the best things about Zoho Mail are the stability, the customizability, and the integration with other key Zoho apps. It has worked great.

Cons

I really wish the calendar and tasks and their integration with Zoho Projects was a little more polished. Right now, I don't enjoy using the tasks in Zoho Mail because you can't see which projects they are a part of easily, and it's hard to manage the tasks themselves that come from Projects.

Marcos dias A.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Zoho Mail was the perfect solution for my new business - free tier offers everything I need

Reviewed on 2020-02-18

When looking for an email solution for the company I was starting with my wife, the three main requisites were (1) support my brazilian (.com.br) domain, (2) easy setup and management and (3) low cost.
Researching on the internet for the alternatives (there are hundreds of email providers) the solution that matched by needs was Zoho Mail. The limited number of users in the free tier is enough for me, the setup was quick and easy and both web and mobile (iOS and Android) apps are really good.
I do recommend it for small businesses.

Pros

The setup to support my company domain (.com.br) was easy and fast.
There is a free tier with limited users that was enough for my small company.
Translated to many languages.

Cons

I had no issues so far and no needs that weren't met.
My only observation is about the interface of the web app that is a little bit cluttered and confusing.

James B.

An accessible way to start running business email

Reviewed on 2019-06-06

Achieving professional and reliable business email from day one for free with Zoho is an experience that can't be topped.

Pros

- Free to get set up with a custom domain
- No advertisements
- Free is actually free

Any new project I wok on starts with Zoho Mail, and I always recommended it before committing to overheads with GSuite from the off.

Cons

Not as easy to get going as with GSuite if you're working with many users and wanting to work in different email clients, but there's really no grounds to complain about this as it's free!

Bob patrick O.

Best Software For Non Profit or small beginners and Big Companies.

Reviewed on 2019-08-12

Zoho mail has helped us managed our team and board of directors to provide professional emailing experiences which have to help us build a chain of management.

Pros

Zoho Mail has the best Software for beginners of choice and paid service as well, as a non-profit it suite our starts. not just trial but full account access for life.

Cons

I don't think there is a least I love from the software, I just love everything.

Pamela C.
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Improving all the time

Reviewed on 2019-04-30

I love Zoho Mail! Zoho is always adding new features. Because it integrates with Zoho CRM, emails sent through Zoho Mail appears in the Contact or Lead records in Zoho CRM. When I frequently send mail to a group of people, it auto suggestion the group when you send an email to an individual person in the group. I would love for Zoho to add the ability to track opened email like in Zoho CRM.

Pros

All of the available features and it integrates well with Zoho CRM.

Cons

Can't schedule emails you reply to. No easy way to store sender of email as a Lead or Contact in Zoho CRM.

• Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Affordable and Dependable

Reviewed on 2019-07-17

I use Zoho mail to manager multiple email accounts. Like all Zoho products I have used, it really streamlines the whole process, making something that could be very messy very simple to access and use.

Pros

The fact that they offer a free option for a smaller number of users is great. It's actually how I got hooked on the product initially and eventually bought in!

Cons

It's a little glitchy. Some of my emails don't get forwarded on to my other email account resulting in my having to log in to view them.

Akrivi S.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Does what it promised

Reviewed on 2019-03-12

Pros

We were looking for a free platform to host our domain name for our company email. We used a couple before zoho and I believe zoho was the simplest and more stylist. Along with the android application we got exactly what we need to handle our company emails, as a relatively small company

Cons

When we make alterations in eg signature, we need to delete and redownload the app in our phone in order for the alterations to be applicable

• Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Zoho mail gets email right

Reviewed on 2019-03-12

I love how easy it is to setup and get working with Zoho Mail. IT is easy to add new users and groups. I love there software.

Pros

The ease of use and all of the functionality makes Zoho Mail may go to for all business email integrations.

Cons

I can find very little wrong with their service. The only thing I would say is I wish there were more features with the free plan but then again the paid plans are very reasonable and competitive.

A great choice for email management and email organization

Reviewed on 2018-10-18

Pros

ZOHO Mail allows me to work easier and faster with its great organization features. Attachment is possible and filtering is good with ZOHO Mail. PDFs can also be attached to each email. The plug-ins are great and very useful, these make my job easier and lighter. With the other possible ZOHO integrations, more jobs can be tackled and done. ZOHO does a great job with all their software, so many possibilities. With a very helpful tech support, everything becomes easier.

Cons

I have not encountered any difficulties so far while dealing with this software.