Exelare Reviews

Exelare

Complete recruiting and staffing framework

4.3/5 (33 reviews)
Ken L.

Fantastic CRM!

Reviewed on 5/6/2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Every CRM has its strengths and weaknesses, but overall Exelare provides all of the functionality I need to perform at a high-level as a technology recruiter. I've compared it to quite a few others out there and although some solutions have some bells and whistles that look cool, as recruiters we tend to do the same things day-in and day-out and frankly Exelare just seems to perform most of these functions simpler and more reliably than most other CRM's. They also continue to improve and innovate constantly, and a lot of it is driven by customer feedback which I really appreciate, and their customer service is consistently spot-on with very fast response times. Overall I love the solution and I'll be sticking with it as long as I'm in the recruiting business.

Cons

If I were giving this review six months ago I would have said that their Outlook integration needs to be improved as well as the process for parsing information scraped from a LinkedIn profile, but both are currently being addressed with production releases happening in the next few weeks (I've seen the beta for one of them), so they've been very aggressive about responding to their users' chief complaints.

Srini K.

Love the new candidate harvesting feature

Reviewed on 8/22/2016

Over the alst year I have seen so many new updates in Exelare. I really love their new sourcing tool, it allows you to either review and add the resume, or schedule or auto add. Our recruiters are loving the feature. Also, earlier lot of our DIce monthly views were left unused. Now, we are making sure all the views are used up.

Also, I love their new LinkedIn integration. It allows you to directly open up contact from LinkedIn website.

Their new resume comparison feature is very useful too. If you are looking for an effective easy to use and quick system. Then you should certainly try Exelare.

Also, our database size is about 500k records. Even with that kind of load searching opening candidates is pretty quick. Love their live search bar, awesome a great product supported by great support team.

Great useful features
Their static views allows segregating data very easily
Great impeccable customer support

Response from cBizSoft

Thank you so much for the kind review Srini! Many of these features are based on feedback from you and our other clients. We have a ton more planned this year as well! We look forward to continuing to support you and your team!

Blain J.

Industry leading recruiting software

Reviewed on 4/26/2016

April 25, 2016

To whom it may concern:

I'm writing to offer my strong support and professional endorsement to cBizSoft and their premier product, Exelare. NPPS, Inc. has been a happy customer of cBizSoft for over four years.

Since my original exposure to cBizOne (Exelare's predecessor) in 2011, I have been and I still remain extremely impressed by the product. In addition to having an excellent product, cBizSoft offers a Support staff that is genuinely interested in the success of their client companies and will go beyond expectations to ensure that whatever the request, their client is happy. When shopping for Recruiting Software, we test drove numerous systems, some at a significantly higher price point. We focused on Exelare (then cBizOne) for the ability to customize the look, feel and function. We are extremely happy with our choice and appreciate all that cBizSoft has done to help us become more profitable over the past four years.

Exelare is great recruiter-specific software made by developers that understand recruiting. As a candidate-driven recruiting agency, NPPS does not operate as a lot of agencies do and have asked the support staff at cBizSoft to make numerous and sometimes significant customizations to the software itself over the years. Not only do the good people at cBizSoft stand ready to fix any glitches that might come up, they are also more than willing to go above and beyond expectations when we've needed a new form or even by collaborating with our developers to help perfect our website. With the release of Exelare, we are happy to be able to log directly into our database from anywhere. The mobile app can literally give us access to important contact information, notes, etc. at the touch of a smartphone screen from anywhere. Exelare's Support Staff is very personable and helpful. Typically when we request a customization or even when they are overcoming the occasional technological gremlin, we can count on it getting done quickly and affordably; the two most important considerations for a business.

Response from cBizSoft

Thanks so much for the kind words Blain. It is of course or pleasure working with you and NPPS!

John P.

Decent system for the price.

Reviewed on 3/28/2018

Pros

The price is affordable. It is well organized. Looks nicer than a lot of the competition. Good outlook integration for email. Resume parsing is accurate. You can source multiple sites (internal database + CB + Monster) under one search. Keeps everything organized under one package.

Cons

Lacks a lot of features compared to competitors. Web based version only works on Silverlight, so any browser that has been updated in the past 2 years will not run the application, if you use web apps via your browser to pull information for your SMS / Phone system plug in, it will not work. Lack of 3rd party integrations, you are forced to use their approved vendors (RingCentral or Skype can only be used for PC / Desktop phone calls. Some Canadian company I've never heard of for the SMS / Texting features, only can use DocuSign to digitally sign documents, Drip marketing is also only available through SendGrid, etc.) They have custom API access but in order to even see what that info is, or any documentation on it you need to upgrade to the per month plan. If you email there sales / marketing team about ideas, or if they are planning on fixing something down the road you will rarely hear back. No full custom automation, they have Database Triggers but nothing that sends and reply's to emails automatically via the app. You can set that up via Outlook but it hardly saves much time. You can add your companies branding to resume submitting, however it will not remove the candidates information. LinkedIn Chrome plugin hasn't worked in a long time. Requires A LOT of manual data entry for tedious tasks

5.0/10
Randall B.

Best ATS We Have Ever Used!

Reviewed on 6/15/2016

I have used several ATS systems over the years, some very expensive and NOT user friendly. Exelare is very user friendly and fairly priced. We were pulled away with a lot of hype a year ago, it was a mistake to leave Exelare, we returned as soon as contract was up, we wont leave again!

Pros

Customer support is fantastic and there is no delay in them responding to our needs. Price also a Pro: But ease of use is why we keep it!

Cons

Really cant think of any

Response from cBizSoft

Randall, we are so excited to have you as a client again and look forward to a long and successful partnership! Thank you for the kind words!

Patty K.

Returning customer - great experience with Exelare

Sales
Support
ease in learning
Good management of information
Lots of details, added through parsing techniques, rather than manual entry...constantly evolving

Pros

Adaptable, ease of function and ease of learning.
Since joining, we have had a great experience, through sales,support, etc.
Our concerns and needs are heard and met with solutions or edits that meet our needs, and developed on a quick turnaround.
Training is on demand, and always met, for my growing team

Cons

Some things are still manual, and need to be edited and updated.
Initial set up seems to be more of an issue more recently.

Shailendra J.

Great Product! Excellent Customer Support.

Reviewed on 6/2/2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Exelare has worked out really well for us in more ways than we had initially thought. It's easy to use, can be customized to your needs and is supported by excellent customer service that has very few parallels. Besides, it's reasonably priced!
Exelare has become the backbone of our recruiting operations and has helped us make our operations completely metrics driven. It's customer service gets five stars for technical support and training. The software is great and is very much at par with the well known names like Taleo or Bullhorn and I hope that in the near future the company will make it a bit more flexible for the users to customize it.

Cons

Easy of use, simplicity of the application itself, very metrics driven, excellent response time on technical support.

Jeff D.

Exelare has been instrumental in helping us scale and grow our organization.

Reviewed on 4/2/2018

Exelare provides a simple way to organize candidate data and customize process.

Pros

The searching functions and customization capabilities have been key for our business. You can do a ton of your own modification to the data so you can search and sort through important fields to help find what you're looking for.

Cons

Remote capability and Mac support are somewhat limited. Due to our customized use of the system it's hard to use it on a mobile device for anything but looking up contact info.

Tim L.

Exelare has vastly improved our ability to manage job orders and source and process candidates.

Reviewed on 10/17/2017

It has improved the overall efficiency of the agency.

Pros

The Outlook integration makes it easy to add information to the database, be it a new candidate profile or important documents received by email. Exelare also makes it simple to organize information, review candidates, send messages and schedule interviews, and tract candidates' progress.

Cons

The mobile app is still weak and while the tools to post to online job boards are functional we've found it easier to continue to post directly to the vendors' sites using the customized apply links that let us know which board the candidate applied through and the recruiter assigned.

Lindsay C.

Great Foundational TS

Reviewed on 2/27/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

My organization wanted to step away from Excel based trackers to a more uniform ATS. With restrictions on budget and having different recruitment models under one roof, the customization of this product was ideal. It took some time to work out internally what customization details suited us, but it brought our organization to the next level! We are now able to have more accurate and automated reporting, store candidate related documents in a single solution, and have the ability for the client to have access. We do have a 'wish' list for the future and work with the team for questions.

Pros

Customization options for the product to meet any need whether for a Staffing model or a single client, easy to add additional sources and statuses, reporting options are great once the platform is set per use of organization, options to attach documents/resume to an individual's profile, and support is a phone call or tutorial video away!

Cons

The ability to customize can take time and an additional investment to cater to how you would like it set up regarding standard subjects and like. When sourcing through candidates from the 'Job', once you make a change to a candidate the system, currently, will automatically start you back at A vs. where you left off. Is not compatible with all sourcing sites in order to automatically import at this point so can take a time to manually import the select group of candidates to adds to administrative type activities.

7.0/10
Ismael F.

Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 10/19/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The thing that I like most about Exelare , is how easy it is to search for candidates. They allow yo to search for candidates in real time

Cons

They are not many things to complain about Exelare. One field where they can use improvement is the way jobs are posted into our website

Larry M.

Always have a great experience with the product, and the service tech's

Reviewed on 10/13/2017

Pros

Very easy to navigate and many ways to do it. The product learning curve is very steep and you can quickly get it!

Cons

Outlook toolbar; wish you didn't have to login into it ever day to use it, it should initialize automatically.

Taylor M.

Fairly robust software at a very competitive price. They also have pretty good customer service.

Reviewed on 1/26/2018

Pros

Easy to code candidates. Simple to make it specific to you industry. Easy to import emails and documents into the system. Easy to parse information from the web.

Cons

A bit hard to navigate some of the more complex things in the system. Seems like with a few changes the system could be even more robust and usable. There are some quirks that could be continued to be ironed out.

Quentin O.

Fantastic. It's a great system and they respond to any questions/issues immediately.

Reviewed on 10/18/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Easy to use, intuitive, does everything we need. Customer service is quick and eager to get issues resolved

Cons

We communicate quite a bit through email and the email "theme" system is not very robust. Any changes need to go through the Exelare service team. I would like to be able to create, revise and modify the email themes as needed.

My experience has been very positive. I could tell from the first time I reviewed it.

Reviewed on 12/13/2017

I am able to contact much more easily that any previous software that I used.

Pros

I like the flexibility to set up my candidate information so that I can search it which coincides with how I promote my business.

Cons

I would like to be able to script info on the candidate screen to allow me to more easily evaluate a candidate when I qualify them for a job.

Jasmin C.

A good ATS system with very poor support for Indian client.

Reviewed on 2/14/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

It is a very well designed ATS software and can also be hosted locally for fast functionality. even thought it is locally hosted, if you have static IP to your server, you can actually access and use software from anywhere. They also have mobile app, which i suppose yet to get more developed.

Cons

Support is almost not available.

Their owner does the support by his own. He does not pick calls in day time at all, since he works in night (probably focusing other part of world). Generally if you have problem in system today, it will get resolved in about 3 to 10 days time. . Even sometimes MOST URGENT issues takes about 1 or 2 days time to get resolved.

Out of this, we many times observed that we had to work with ATS system even though we have one. Since it was not working that day and we had not one to support.

3.0/10
Gary L.

Exelare is Amazing!

Reviewed on 4/19/2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I've been using Exelare for two years. The software an a amazing product that is easily customizable and easy to use. On top of that, the customer service is the best I've ever experienced with any company...always responsive to my questions and customizing requests. They make sure they understand my goals and always exceed my expectations.
I Highly Recommend Exelare!

Cons

There is nothing not to like. Exelare is a great software product.

Jenny B.

Exelare is very user friendly. I use it on a daily basis to track my clients and candidates.

Reviewed on 10/17/2017

Pros

Their training and support technicians are outstanding and quick to respond to their customer's needs.

Lindsay L.

Sr. recruiter

Reviewed on 2/21/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

This product has grown on me in the past few years but still lacks reporting and also isn't fast at uploading your resumes ...lots of button clicks

5.0/10
Laura H.

Great customer service, easy to learn software

Reviewed on 10/16/2017

All of my data in one place. I like being able to dial and to email from the software as well.

Pros

This was easy to learn and easy to use. I like the fact that it is in the cloud . If my computer has issues, I can still reach my data.

Cons

Searching is tough. Also, the mobil software doesn't work with the Iphone updates. I wish that could be fixed.

Naomi V.

Good value, not easy to use

Reviewed on 2/14/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Overall, this ATS will get the job done. But learning the system has been a huge learning curve, much larger than anticipated or promised. The UI looks a little dated too.

Pros

It's very customizable & there is the capability for the end user to edit & change some fields.

Cons

Reporting is difficult to get your arms around. The logic of this system doesn't work like most ATSs & there's been some difficulty understanding the difference between "Potential" and "Received" candidates in our workflows.
Also the data transfer from our old ATS to this one did not go as smoothly as planned. We were told that the linking of candidates & contacts to companies & jobs would happen a day or 2 after the data loaded. Some of the links did generate after the fact, but we're still going in months later & re-linking things.

3.0/10
Anthony R.

using the system on a regular basis has allowed me to use the system very easily

Reviewed on 11/10/2017

Pros

being able to hold one email while sending another that was composed after the first one. Previous version would not allow this.

Cons

Having to save a Q note after I have written some notes. Some times I forget to do that and the message will disappear. The message should save automatically.

Natasa J.

Exelare is grate service

Reviewed on 4/16/2019

Pros

I really like that Exelare is so easy to install and use .

Cons

Exelare software sometimes works very slow .

Amanda C.

Cost Effective & Efficient

Reviewed on 10/28/2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

This system is the best cost effective and efficient way to keep track of your candidates while keeping great notes and comments for yourself, for future conversations. I work for a 10 person recruiting agency and other systems are extremely pricey & do the same job.

Pros

record keeping & hot book keeping

Cons

Not a system for a huge corporation

Tim P.

Exelare - Best in Class

Reviewed on 5/11/2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

This is a powerful ATS that has delivered what is promised and met 100% of our pain points. It is dependable, efficient, totally customizable and the support team is responsive and knowledgeable.

Cons

I think this vendor is outstanding and allows our team to be ultra efficient. There is one feature that is in development however I get to offer suggestions to the development team and they are responsive.