Sage Intacct Reviews

Modupe
Modupe
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Reliable financial management software.

Reviewed on 2023-04-26

Sage Intacct is the primary software deployed by the company for financial management activities like automatic updating and consolidation of our general ledger, which is crucial for accurate financial reporting. Moreover, Sage Intacct aids in automating complex billing processes, while providing us with comprehensive financial visibility that facilitates smart real-time decision-making.

Pros

I find Sage Intacct to be an excellent tool due to its flexibility, impressive dashboarding capabilities, and seamless integration with our existing software. It empowers us to automate tedious financial tasks such as billing and order management, thereby freeing up valuable time for more important activities.

Cons

Obtaining official support for any problems encountered while using Sage Intacct is a time-consuming and arduous process. The procedure for submitting a support ticket is unnecessarily complicated, which adds to the frustration of seeking assistance.

Audrey
Audrey

• Customer Support Software

Great software for all kinds of financial statement reports

Reviewed on 2023-08-04

This system facilitates the entry of invoices and the administration of team expenditures. We required an agency-wide application because of the variety of our activities. Our team has found Sage to be straightforward to learn and use, particularly for invoice entry and approval procedures.

Pros

Sage Intacct's collaborative features are a big plus for me. The primary navigational ribbon located at the system's top makes clicking through to explore further a breeze. Receipt of revenue can be easily recorded, as can the complicated intercompany receivables that go along with them.

Cons

The difficulty certain managers and approvers have in searching for specific data is currently my main complaint, but I'm confident that this can be fixed with some fine-tuning.

Michael

• Customer Support Software

Its an average accounting system

Reviewed on 2018-10-12

My overall experience with Intacct is overall positive. Intacct does save me significant time and effort in my everyday tasks compared with our older software. i do feel it could be improved upon further to make it a better product.

Pros

I like the fact that it is browser based through the cloud which makes access quick and easy. The modules that I use the most work very well such as Accounts Payable and Time and Expense. The General Ledger reporting function is very helpful and easy to use as well.

Cons

There are a few modules such as Prepaids, Fixed assets and Purchasing that we had purchased after the initial implementation of intacct that did not work very well initially. There were many work arounds and technical problems that created alot of unneeded headaches and work. Fortunately this has been fixed now for the most part and works well.

Another issue I have is the support community that I put support tickets in when I need some help. They don't seem to know the product very well and often the solutions and advice I receive is partially right or wrong altogether. There have been instances where I have just figured it the problem myself through reading articles or experimenting with settings etc.

Response from Sage

Hello Michael,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that the AP and T&E modules are working well for you. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

Ethan
  • Industry: Accounting Software

Reviewed on 2024-01-24

Overall experience has been great. We switched from Quickbooks and will not be going back.

Pros

Sage Intacct has made many of our business processes seamless.

Cons

I have not had very many issues but I do think there could be steps taken to make Intacct more user-friendly. It is already better than other software we have used.

Alan
Alan

• Customer Support Software

Increase efficiency and reduce human data entry to control errors

Reviewed on 2023-10-07

Before, we were using Quickbooks, and it was a pain to consolidate financials because we couldn't have more than two businesses open at once. Sage allows you to work in as many separate entities as necessary while yet having the ability to aggregate your financial data automatically if so configured.

Pros

Sage Intacct's real-time budget visibility and user-friendliness are two of my favorite features. Putting in an order for purchase and checking to see whether we have the correct estimate before submitting it is also a huge plus in my book. It's incredibly simple to operate. Our previous method was likewise simple to pick up. Our team was able to quickly put this into action.

Cons

The drawback is short-lived and might not even affect all users. Getting proficient in its use, something that is both necessary and anticipated.

Roger

• Customer Support Software

Great cloud accounting solution for present and future growth

Reviewed on 2023-11-22

I have been a happy customer of Sage Intacct and hope to use it for many years to come.

Pros

I like that Sage Intacct can grow with my business. They release quarterly updates and they integrate with many other tools. Their reporting tools are powerful.

Cons

Sometimes a quarterly releases causes some issues. There is a learning curve to reporting in areas that is not intuitive.

Dynamics 365 and NetSuite

Reasons for Choosing Sage Intacct

We outgrew the use of QuickBooks and needed something more powerful.

Reasons for Switching to Sage Intacct

I was recommended by a colleague and Sage provided the solution that we needed.
Stephanie
Stephanie

• Customer Support Software

Timesheet entries and payroll totals always agree

Reviewed on 2023-06-21

Due to the product's user-friendliness and ease of access, just basic instruction is needed to get started. The issue of creating a database for tracking firm logistics like time, money, etc. Sage Intacct enables the records to be organized in a clear and straightforward fashion.

Pros

The AP invoice processing and reporting features, as well as the flexible reporting options, are exceptional. The fact that it is web-based is a significant improvement over the prior Sage 50 version and allows for greater flexibility when working remotely.

Cons

I found some of the terminology to be a little annoying, but other than that, my experience has been nothing but great. The inability to make adjustments based on individual preferences is frustrating, especially when using it on a daily basis is mandatory.

Brandon
Brandon
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Orderly maintenance of transactions with Sage

Reviewed on 2023-09-15

The addition of Power BI integration and the ability to add custom fields to the vendor master and the 1099 information will greatly simplify our work, both in the present and in the future. We can generate a bespoke audit trail report covering all of our suppliers in one fell swoop.

Pros

All required fields for each client's daily deliverables are easily accessible, and the system is flexible enough to accommodate the addition of new data as needed; it can also synchronize with a wide variety of other platforms, like BILL, Nexonia, and many more.

Cons

Sage Intacct does not yet handle all payment methods, and its Inventory module is inadequate for businesses that also require assistance with inventory accounting and management.

Sophia
Sophia
  • Industry: Hospitality

Happy Customer

Reviewed on 2023-11-22

so far the experience has been pretty positive.

so far the experience has been pretty positive.

Pros

Online, ease of use, real-time data. Full Transparency with department managers.

Cons

having to purchase additional modules that seem like it should just be part of the product.

Peter
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Community Broadcasters

Reviewed on 2024-01-23

Pros

Dynamic Reporting
Departmental functionality

Cons

Cost in comparison to other products/licenses

Sami
  • Industry: Media Production

Sage Intacct for Non-Profit

Reviewed on 2023-02-14

Overall we love the software. It's helped us advance our accounting operations in many different areas and move away from a majority of our paper processing. The product help and customer service has been good. However, we had a difficult renewal negotiation, and after we did sign the renewal, we did not hear from our account rep for almost a year until I reached out multiple times to be reassigned. The difficult renewal and lack of account rep support has soured me on the relationship some, but I like the product itself.

Pros

I like having multiple dimensions to tag transactions with. This has helped us budget and forecast at a very detailed level, which has helped us understand what our variances are and get rid of extraneous expenses. We also love that it is a cloud system, which helps us be mobile and flexible with when we use it.

Cons

We were not impressed with the prepaid module as it did not work well with our processes. We decided to discontinue using it and go back to tracking in Excel.The reporting is definitely a step up from Excel, but it can be inflexible sometimes and not the best for complex reporting.

Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT and NetSuite

Reasons for Choosing Sage Intacct

The software we had been using was very outdated and we needed a modern solution for our business.

MIP Fund Accounting

Reasons for Switching to Sage Intacct

We liked Intacct's look the best. The reporting looked like it would suite us best.
Sumit

A Cloud-Based Financial Management System for Growing Businesses

Reviewed on 2023-06-12

I am very impressed with Sage Intacct and I would recommend it to anyone who needs a robust and flexible financial management system. It has helped me streamline my work processes, improve my productivity and efficiency, and deliver high-quality results to my clients and stakeholders. It is definitely one of the best tools I have used for financial management.

Pros

Sage Intacct is a web-based financial management system that offers advanced accounting capabilities and integrations for various industries and workflows. I like how it allows me to manage my financial and operational data from one place, with tools for planning, budgeting, reporting, automation, and compliance. I can also customize and configure the system to suit my specific needs and preferences, such as creating custom fields, forms, dashboards, and workflows. Sage Intacct integrates well with other Adobe products, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, as well as other third-party applications, such as Slack, Salesforce, and Google Drive.

Cons

One thing that I think Sage Intacct can improve on is the pricing and limitation options. The plans are quote-based and depend on the number of users, entities, modules, and transactions. The pricing can be quite expensive and complex, especially for small businesses with limited budgets. The system also has some limitations on the number of custom fields, reports, and dashboards that can be created. I hope they can offer more affordable and flexible plans in the future.

Carly

Great for multiple entities

Reviewed on 2022-11-28

This was a huge time saver.

This was a huge time saver.

Pros

This was great for managing the books of 18 separate entities. The ability to easily switch between companies and also create inter-company transactions (owed to/from, for example) was a HUGE time saver.

Cons

The way our company used/paid and allocated credit card charges we were not able to use the credit card part of the software.

NetSuite

Reasons for Choosing Sage Intacct

QuickBooks was not able to efficiently handle our growing companies any longer

Reasons for Switching to Sage Intacct

Sage Intacct checked off all the boxes of needs and wants that we created
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Great Accounting System, but with some limitations

Reviewed on 2019-09-24

We are definitely saving time with Intacct. It is so much smoother and quicker to use. The internet based software is so easy to use compared to a program.

Pros

I like how users cannot force things to work like in QuickBooks. If the rec doesn't balance, they have to figure it out. Also, there's more reporting dimensions and a rigid chart of accounts so the users cannot create their own accounts.

Cons

The reporting needs a lot of work. There are so many dimensions that exist in this software that you cannot run a report on. There also seems to be a fair amount of glitches and errors.

Response from Sage

Hello! Thank you for taking timeout to write your review. We greatly appreciate your feedback and welcome your insights. Please feel free to reach out to me if you'd like to talk about your experience and areas for improvement in the product.
Regards,
[email protected]

Yonatan
  • Industry: Accounting Software

• Customer Support Software

"Incredible Bookkeeping Framework, yet for certain limits"

Reviewed on 2021-08-01

We are certainly saving time with Intacct. It is such a lot of smoother and speedier to utilize. The web based programming is so natural to utilize contrasted with a program.

Pros

I like how clients can't compel things to function like in QuickBooks. In the event that the rec doesn't adjust, they need to sort it out. Likewise, there's additional revealing measurements and an unbending diagram of records so the clients can't make their own records.

Cons

The announcing needs a ton of work. There are such countless measurements that exist in this product that you can't run a report on. There likewise is by all accounts a decent lot of glitches and mistakes.

Walter

Happy with the Product!

Reviewed on 2023-02-07

Pros

The implementation process took place a few months ago and went very well. We were assigned a highly competent and collaborative implementation consultant that got us up and running in about 3 months.

Cons

The interface is still a little outdated in some areas (but Sage is working on updating the UI consistently throughout the program). Some interactions with the system are not as intuitive as they should be.

NetSuite

QuickBooks Online
Angel

• Customer Support Software

The finest online account manager saves time and protects financial data.

Reviewed on 2022-05-19

Sage Intacct helps us manage client accounts efficiently. It also streamlined the financial reporting process and allowed us to retain our records and transactions securely in the cloud, which saved time and enhanced our productivity because we no longer need to email financial information and invoices to multiple departments for approval.

Pros

Sage Intacct uses the cloud to maintain all your bank accounts on one screen, allowing you to conveniently plan and schedule payments and make settlements. Sage Intacct's user interface is easy to navigate, and with all the options in one place, it's easy to see what's available and get things done quickly. I like that it automatically downloads, scans, and enters invoice data, avoiding human data entry errors. Sage Intacct's logs are accurate and comprehensive of all account events within the chosen time period. I enjoy how he keeps track of costs and prepares accounting and tax reports. I enjoy how many people may be in the system and how updates are recorded promptly, which makes it easier to handle various customers and suppliers, settle their payments, and keep data nice and organized.

Cons

It doesn't effect service quality. Sage Intacct is secure and easy to use, however it requires greater automation to eliminate manual entries.

Mark
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Simplifying financial management

Reviewed on 2023-11-22

Sage Intacct has been a reliable and efficient financial solution for our company. Its ability to simplify and automate processes and coupled with its powerful analytics, has significantly improved our financial decision making.

Pros

I like its ability to automate and streamline our accounting processes. Seamless integration with other business systems has enabled us to eliminate data duplication and reduce errors. In addition, advanced reporting and analytics give us a clear, real-time view of our financial performance, making it easier to make informed decisions.

Cons

At times, I feel that the customization options are limited and I would like to have more flexibility to tailor the platform to our specific needs.

Amanda
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

Best Saas Accounting solution

Reviewed on 2018-11-20

Sage Intacct is a great company to work with. Their software solution is great and easy to use. If your looking to change from an outdated solution, this should make the transition easier.

Pros

The software is great. It is super easy to use and almost impossible to break. It can be used for more than your monthly accounting. We use it to track our valuation process. It is easy to track everything in the software and perform your monthly accounting tasks. You can track t&e, ap, ar, fixed assets, and do your cash management in this solution. There are many other features that make it a best in class solution

Cons

The software itself is great. There are certain things we would like to be able to track in the software, like irr, but we also don't expect one software to do anything. There may sometimes be a lag in support getting back to you when you have issues, but nothing that is too extreme

Response from Sage

Hello Amanda,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you find Sage Intacct easy to use when you are tracking t&e, ap, ar, fixed assets, and cash management. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

Abbey
  • Industry: Semiconductors

• Customer Support Software

Complete and reliable solution for financial management

Reviewed on 2023-12-20

Sage Intacct has been a very effective tool in simplifying and improving our financial management. With its comprehensive feature set, ease of use and customization.

Pros

I like its ability to streamline our financial processes. With automated functions, such as bank reconciliation and financial reporting, we have been able to reduce the effort spent on manual tasks. It is also very helpful that the functions are logically organized, allowing me to quickly access the information I need.

Cons

It's a very complete platform, so far I haven't found anything I don't like.

Toni
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

• Customer Support Software

Customer support was great from the start and the program is flexible in regards to creating...

Reviewed on 2018-05-08

The software allowed ability to perform accounts payable to issue cheques and to produce financial statements quickly. The 12 month report is very useful to pick up changes to values in account. The budgeting aspect is also useful for variance analysis.

Pros

I like the ability to create the financial reports and also the Dashboard reports. The payables area is easy to perform functions and the year-end close is very simple.

Cons

This program is mainly written for the US market and is not able to create an EFT file (Canadian) that can be uploaded to the bank and create journal entries simultaneously. That would benefit us to make payments that are not by cheque. The "cash" payment types are good because an e-mail can be sent: however still requires for us to do a separate EFT payment on the bank.

Response from Sage

Hello Toni,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that have had a good experience with customer support and have been able to take advantage of Sage Intacct's flexibility. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

Sage Intacct product review

Reviewed on 2018-10-05

Overall the system is easy to use and they are constantly making improvements. They are also taking user feedback into consideration and implementing it into new updates every quarter.

Pros

I really like the automatic billing capability, I can now send my invoices in 2 hours instead of 2 days. The level of details in the financial reports is exactly what our company was looking for when we switched to Intacct. The ease of having our expense reporting system and Intacct communicate is super helpful, means less manual work.

Cons

I would like to have more features when I record payments and I can't edit certain transactions. I like to drill down on come of the reports and you can't do that so finding out where that information came from is sometimes a challenge.

Response from Sage

Hello,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you are having a positive experience using Sage Intacct and that you're saving time on invoicing. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

Lisa

• Customer Support Software

Software that's easy to use and manage.

Reviewed on 2023-06-06

Overall, I've had a pretty good experience with Intacct. If they could work on the few complaints, I would be happier. I just don't have time to create a ticket for every defect unless it truly affects the company.

Pros

Invoicing is easy and the reporting is straight forward.

Cons

There are many defects that need to be tweaked. Updating customer addresses in contacts will not update an address on an open invoice. With Recurring invoicing you have to add the customer to a recurring billing group to know it can be paid. Open invoices for the same customer dated the same day of the recurring will be paid even if not a recurring invoice. Many defects in my opinion.

Jodie

• Customer Support Software

The experience has been great. Very flexible and customizable software.

Reviewed on 2018-05-08

Pros

The flexibility of the software has to be its greatest strength. Reports, workflows, field names, etc are just a few of the customizable items in Intacct. But Platform Services allows for the development of entire applications within Intacct to support your business processes down to the most granular detail.

Cons

The reporting, platform services, and general ledger modules (the modules that our company use the most) don't seem to get very much attention in the past few years in terms of further development in the quarterly update to the software. They are very useful as they currently exist but have some long-standing limitations that don't seem to be on anyone's radar.

Response from Sage

Hello Jodie,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that are taking Advantage of Sage Intacct's flexibility. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

Leslie

Fifteen Years with Sage Intacct and Counting

Reviewed on 2023-10-17

Pros

Easy to use. A robust, comprehensive system. Very few outages or service issues.

Cons

No complaints- been with Sage Intacct since 2008.