Apptivo

CRM for managing customer accounts

4.4 /5 (541 reviews) Write a Review!

Marisa N.

SDFRA Review of Apptivo

Reviewed on 2021-02-16

The overall experience has been great! By building this project with the Apptivo team, we were able to update our claims system and member database system, which was 12 years old. We can now run reports, track membership dues, grants provided to the members, communicate, document, run checks, etc. This system is very robust, and that is what we asked of the Apptivo team.

We are still working on the project and just launched our "go-live" in-house and are very happy with it so far.

Pros

The most impactful feature of the Apptivo app is the administration and membership portal access. We have approximately 1,300 that will be utilizing this application. The membership side product is very straightforward; thank you to the Apptivo team for allowing our team to provide our feedback and fix any issues quickly for us to test. The integration of the new system was very smooth and almost seamless during the transition.

Cons

Our system was custom built to meet our needs. We would like to see specific items more automatic, and the Apptivo team is still working on making these features in for us.

• Customer Support Software

Before you purchase a CRM solution, You really have to check this out!!!

Reviewed on 2021-04-02

So far, everything's been great. It's been very easy to setup as I want. When I've had questions, there's the chat box for support and they've been VERY helpful every time I've asked.

Pros

Apptivo is the first collaborative, simple, and cost-effective way to manage customers, pipeline, & calendar that I've found. Most others that offer similar functionality will cost you an arm and a leg. Or they'll be reasonable at first, then they'll get you for each of the "add-ons" that you need to make a whole solution for your organization.

Cons

Some of the apps are not quite as intuitive as some others, but that's to be expected considering their business purpose.

Ted M.

• Customer Support Software

New user that is loving the customization and support

Reviewed on 2020-07-06

The support team lead by Velu has given me a lot of confidence as a new user. Having access to experts that respond to my inquiries quickly and thoroughly has been very helpful and is the reason I've already been recommending Apptivo to my fellow entrepreneurs.

Pros

The support at Apptivo in AMAZING! I worked with a team to import 15K+ contacts and 72K+ emails and notes from another CRM. They have been extremely helpful, responsive, and on top of all the technical challenges I've had along the way with getting started.

I evaluated numerous other CRMs before deciding on Apptivo. I like the ability to customize this CRM to your needs, the price point is fair, and their support team has been extremely helpful with the importing process.

Cons

The import process was time-consuming based on the amount of data I had to bring over and the fact that my old CRM didn't provide an SQL file to make it simple. This is no fault of Apptivo.

Features I would like to see:
1. Add email sequences to the Premium plan
2. Fixes are needed for the email sequence, Gmail sidebar, and Triggers (I have put in support requests for these items
3. Add the ability to create simple invoices without having so many required fields. All the required fields in that app make the functionality not work for my business, so I create invoices on another platform

Robert P.
  • Industry: Entertainment

• Customer Support Software

Making a small business look large and professional

Reviewed on 2019-03-23

Very Happy with the product. It works well, year in and year out, and this year, I intend to learn how to use more aspects of it. It's a complete sales CRM and I don't really take advantage of that. I use it as an invoice generation tool. I am a loyal user and have no intention of looking elsewhere. BUT please think about that calendar feature. $60 and an invasive integration from Google, feels a bit much.

Pros

It is easy and quick to punch out an invoice copying an old customer invoice and making a couple changes in the body the Output looks Professional when I bill my corporate clients. I like that if I get stuck, CHAT is always available and it's been quick to resolve my confusion or concerns.

Cons

Inconsistent features access between my Ipad and my windows desktop. The IOS (Apple) apps have improved since I started using Apptivo. Although I had to have two separate Apps on my ipad initially and it was confusing, the main app has bulked up to where I rarely need to get on my windows machine. But I'm finding I do have to still, like setting up recurring invoices.

Recording payments, seems to be less than intuitive, resulting in me over crediting an account and having to search until I gave up, trying to delete the twice or more extra payments due to some sort of lag from screen to screen.

My man complaint is lack of a simple calendar capability and it appears if I want it I'll be having to add Google G Suites, which is overkill. Apparently to make up for lack of feature capability in Apptivo, if I want to set up recurring invoices that utilize date features like 2nd Tuesday of every month or 4th Monday of the month. That will cost me $6 month from Google and I don't want or need all of the G suite features.

Response from Apptivo

Hi Robert!
Sure we are taking all your feedback on enhancing the Recurring Invoices and Calendar capability into consideration and will work on it.
I am delighted to read that our support team provided excellent service. We would continue to give all of our customers with the same fantastic experience.

Craig K.
  • Industry: Market Research Software

All-in-one ERP - broad coverage at a reasonable price

Reviewed on 2018-05-14

All-in-one business software, good support and value for the money.

Pros

An extremely broad range of applications. Apptivo beats most competitors in this respect; it really is an 'all-in-one' ERP in fact - not just a CRM. At the same time Apptivo is excellent value for the money. The 'in-app' live chat support is especially helpful, as you can deal with issues as they occur. The pricing is per user, broadening the base of potential organizations who will find Apptivo appealing from the outset, and scaling as the organization grows larger.

Cons

Being a 'jack of all trades', Apptivo cannot be expected to excel in every area. Some features - such as the two Wordpress plugins - seem neglected and are seldom updated or promoted. Given the popularity of WP it seems to be a missed opportunity to expand into the help desk market. Another example would be the customer portal, it seems a bit awkward. The customer must sign-up through Xinnect and then Apptivo as well to access their portal, even though Apptivo might not be relevant to them. It is also difficult to control exactly what clients will see, and they are shown a lot of irrelevant fields, even though there is a rudimentary role assignment mechanism. Combining this with cases (tickets) and answers (knowledge-base) should in theory provide an alternative to a help desk, but it is a long way round.

Response from Apptivo

Thank you very much for your kind words! We are working tirelessly to create the best experience for our users, and it's great to see that reflected in your review. I am sorry to hear about the problems you faced and we are looking into that now. We exist because of great customers like yourself! Please feel free to reach out to us ([email protected]) with any thoughts/criticisms/feedback, we would love to hear from you.

David L.

Quite Satisfied Users.

Reviewed on 2020-01-05

The experience has been great. Afte a 60-day ordeal with SalesForce (see below), had Apptivo up and running in a day. Doing the job. Getting the results. Users happy. Highly recommended.

Pros

Ease of use. Flexibility and customization. Responsive (immediate) support. Integrated choice-based modules (one fee).

Cons

Would help to have a better understanding of the interaction between contacts, customers, opportunities, leads, etc. For example in our organization, a person can be 1,2,3 or all 4 of these simultaneously.

Ken J.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Apptivo Rocks!

Reviewed on 2019-05-20

Very, very good. It is really hard to find fault. A brilliant company, very good software and a really responsive help desk that can answers questions, 24/7. What is there not to like?

WELL DONE APPTIVO....(just address my two little 'cons' and you have a PERFECT platform).

Pros

Features - This is a one stop shop. Marketing, Sales, Telephony, Shipping... the list just goes on and on. I don't there is a need to sign up to a separate subscription for other services. Apptivo has you covered for everything.
Price - Amazing...so much for so little. I don't believe another platform offers such value for money. The closet is Bitrix 24, but you have to sign up for at least 5 users to use all their functionality like Google 2-way sync. So although good, not the best if you are just starting out.
Customization - This app allows you to add fields, change the layout and do pretty much what you want in terms of one wishes to use it.
Integration - integrates with all the major platforms and has some great 3rd party plugins.
Support - 24/7 and immediate. No waiting. Brilliant. Support team is particular helpful

Cons

I think the U.I could do with a refresh
Document support for uploaded files is a little limited. The software would be perfect if it had a viewer support for Word docs, etc. What this means is that any uploaded document, has to be downloaded in order to view it. This is clumsy....but a small price to pay, for what is very good software in nearly all respects.

Response from Apptivo

Hello Ken,

Our team is thrilled that you're happy with our integrated software and our support team . I understand your feedback regarding uploading and viewing documents. I will collect this feedback to notify our teams accordingly. Again thank you so much!

Donny N.

Exactly what we needed.

Reviewed on 2020-09-15

This is an amazing tool for the price. Being a 10 year Salesforce user, making the jump to Apptivo for the small business I know work in was easy. I'm so impressed not only on the features set but also on their support. This has everything you need to run your business. And it's so nice that the platform can scale as your adoption and business grows.

Pros

- Very affordable
- So many features and applications for running the entire company
- Very straightforward interface and easy to learn basics right away
- One of the best FAQs and tutorials I have ever seen for a SAAS solution
- Customer service is very responsive and helpful. A+++
- A impressive level of integration into other platforms and customization

Cons

- Limited on ability to delete data or modules once they're created (Have to message tech support to delete)
- Custom app builder takes awhile to learn and understand
- Are not able to clone apps for different divisons to use seperate from eachother (for instance want to use project management app for our sales team and then seperate instance for our production team. Both can use the same tool but in different ways for tracking)

John C.
  • Industry: Paper & Forest Products

• Customer Support Software

customer service gets you up to speed quickly

Reviewed on 2021-01-14

This has replace the ACT program I used to have and it is doing well.

Pros

I like the ease of getting answers from customer service if stumped. I am 72 and while the app is pretty easy to navigate I sometimes need help and the team always comes thru quickly.

Cons

nothing it is doing all that I need done and more.

Ed K.

• Customer Support Software

Its the support that makes all the difference

Reviewed on 2019-03-14

Fastastic experience overall. Great documentation but I just use the chat support and they usually direct you straight to the article I need. I intend to gradually introduce all the functionallity into my business.

Pros

I like the way you can enable just the bits you need. I started with just invoicing and am gradually enabling the other elements as I need them. That way it doesnt blind you with too many options whilst you learn to use the system.

Its the support that really makes the difference in this product. I have had lots of questions and I have all these answered quickly via the chat function. No question is too much trouble and considering the very affordable price its unbelievable.

Cons

I cant think of many really. Occasionally its a little slow and sometimes I get the odd glitch but nothing to really worry about.

Response from Apptivo

Hi Ed!
Our apologies that you are facing slowness with our tool. We are working to optimize the speed and stabilize it without any further glitches.
And I am very glad to read that our support team provided great service. We would continue to provide all of our customers with the same amazing experience.

Emily M.

Everything you need

Reviewed on 2019-07-29

This is by far the best CRM/estimating/invoicing/product management/project management software a company could be looking for. It is also the most affordable. You can limit user access, track phone calls, and do so much more all within one platform that is easily accessible from any device with internet.

Pros

Completely customizable
Integrates well and all information is easily found

Cons

Can be difficult to navigate if unfamiliar
Can be difficult to customize if unfamiliar

Response from Apptivo

Hello Emily,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review! Our team is glad you're happy with Apptivo. We will collect this feedback on getting familiar with Apptivo and notify our teams accordingly. We exist because of customers looking for an end-to-end solution like you! Again, thank you so much!

Olivier V.

Apptivo for SMEs

Reviewed on 2020-12-17

It is very easy to keep track of my clients, contacts, price estimates and invoices. Also very easy to make invoice based on estimates, etc.
We are a small company but with multiple locations. Apptivo has been a great help managing all our customers, products, etc. data.
One advise regardless of the software you chose: do your homework! I mean try to identify your current process, current data you have and how they are use throughout the whole sales process (from estimate to delivery to invoice). The clearer your process and data needs are, the easier it will be to start moving to this great software. Good luck!

Pros

Very easy to use, very easy to customize, affordable, fantastic support!

Cons

Hard to say... I like it all. If I had to say one, it would be calendar, which I am not using, as I am already using a Google calendar.

Ronald C.
  • Industry: Insurance Software

New to Apptivo

Reviewed on 2021-02-19

So far it is Ok, have really not used it long enough to develop an opinion yet.

Pros

Ease of configuration, Support, Intuitive layout, Customization features, Pricing, and did i say Support is excellent.

Cons

Lack of integration with SharePoint, Email queues, Mobile software could be improved upon.

Brian H.

Great customer support

Reviewed on 2020-06-01

It has been an excellent experience

Pros

Any time I have a question, they have great customer service. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is one employee who is exceptional in his knowledge of the program. Glad to be a user!!

Cons

Sometimes its a bit cumbersome in learning it.

Vic V.
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

• Customer Support Software

Been a user for more than 2 years!

Reviewed on 2021-03-31

Overall, satisfied.

Pros

Estimates, Order, Invoice, Purchase Order, Payments

Cons

Performance issues but intermittent and just trivial.

Jerry B.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Long term user

Reviewed on 2020-09-18

Works for us in distribution

Pros

Cumtomize and use only what you need. Very robust

Cons

Setting up some apps takes time but help is available

Jordan P.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Very Helpful

Reviewed on 2019-03-13

Pros

Easy to use. Easy to configure. Easy to get support. Those are the most important things that a platform can offer.

Cons

When working with templates, it can be a bit confusing but with support on standby, it can turn out to be an experience that isn't difficult.

Response from Apptivo

Hi Jordan!
First of all, thank you so much for taking the time to post this review. Our team is so thrilled that you are so happy with our service and Apptivo. I am very glad to read that our support team provided great service. We would continue to provide all of our customers with the same amazing experience. You can always get us on online chat (24/7) or write a note to [email protected]

Troy B.

Amazing Support!

Reviewed on 2019-06-07

The very best customer service I've ever experienced.

Pros

Very easy to navigate the program and the individual customer files

Cons

I use it for Companies rather than individuals but the design seems to be driven by a persons name or an individual contact. I'd prefer that it lists by company and then every contact and location under that company

Response from Apptivo

Hello Troy,

Thank you so much for your review! We're glad that you found our support amazing and we hope to continue giving great support to our customers. We exist because of great customers like you! Again, thank you so much!

Daniel Z.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Great Support

Reviewed on 2020-01-09

Good

Pros

Simple and affordable. Good customization and quick responses to chat support.

Cons

Email integration issues with outlook exchange + contacts in trash keep showing up in contacts list at random

Stuart M.
  • Industry: Import & Export
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Like that I can access from a mobile device

Reviewed on 2018-05-07

Mobile access in a easy to use format.... just need eda simple contact management program where daily notes and quotations can be stored.... Don't need or want the fluff that doesn't help sell products for our organization...

Pros

Quick connections - no hang time...format is easy to follow, learning curve is very quick and help chat is a huge plus.....Mobile device connect is seamless , even on a smart phone

Cons

Adding contacts individuals - address and main phone numbers are not migrated from the Company of at lease the option.......

Response from Apptivo

Thank you very much for your kind words! We are working tirelessly to create the best experience for our users, and it's great to see that reflected in your review. We exist because of great customers like yourself! I am sorry to hear about the problems you faced and we are looking into that now. Please feel free to reach out to us ([email protected]) with any thoughts/criticisms/feedback, we would love to hear from you.

Troy R.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Apptivo for Sales teams

Reviewed on 2021-01-04

Apptivo has a great team and is always right there to help when you have a problem. Response time is very quick.

Pros

The software is very simple to learn and allows you to customize it to fit your needs.

Cons

Integrating with current softwares takes some time.

Tom S.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

• Customer Support Software

Affordable ERP that does most things well

Reviewed on 2020-11-24

I have been happy with Apptivo and think it offers great value for money for a small organisation. It is hard to find an affordable solution that covers sales, finance, supply chain, project management and engineering all in one package.

Pros

It covers most aspects of our business from customer management, inventory control, quoting, supplier purchase orders and shipping. It has a simple interface. The support team is excellent and very responsive to client questions.

Cons

Support documentation is light on and the website is not that easy to navigate for information. Integration between the various apps is problematic as it is difficult to get a birds eye view of the business.

Alan S.
  • Industry: Insurance Software
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Great value and functionality for the money!

Reviewed on 2018-05-07

Ability to track many aspects of my business with ease.

Pros

I like that I can customize the CRM to fit my specific needs. It give me many options for capturing data that I need to keep track of my business. I like the ability to be able to filter reports and keep track of revenue.

Cons

I wish I had the ability to mass delete information. It is very time consuming to delete each record one at a time.

• Industry: Food Production
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

There are no software solutions that provide everything to everyone...but this one is close

Reviewed on 2018-05-01

Keeps us well organized and tracking towards are monthly sales goals

Pros

Tracking Sales Opportunities and keeping all information in one place. It even has a document depository which is quite helpful in sharing information.

Cons

The social media monitoring in the CRM feature is lacking or non existent. There are plenty of insites that can be gained by looking at a potential customer's LinkedIn account

Laurie R.

Reviewed on 2021-03-24

Brilliant support and will help with any issue all hours, great tutorials

Pros

Very simple to set up and use, has the best Office 365 sync on the market (that I have tested) in the budget CRM range

Cons

All the settings to get the Office 365 sync working, has some missing features, like email read receipt, Has a very basic GUI