Lever

4.6/5

Morgane
Morgane

• Customer Support Software

Amazing user experience from end to end with Lever !

Reviewed on 2020-03-10

Saving time on everything from applications review to interviews feedbacks, including sourcing and nurturing !

Pros

I really enjoyed discovering the Nurture feature that helps me save a lot of time. The team collaboration on hiring is really smooth thanks to Lever from reviewing sourced profiles and applications to completing interviews feedbacks. Using Lever really ease the implementation of new collaborative hiring process within GitBook.

My experience with Lever is the first user experience I ever had that encourages me to recommend a product being 100% confident ! I enjoyed every step of my experience with Lever from the very 1st call discovering the product with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], all the way to the amazing on-boarding led by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] until being an actual power user of Lever.

Cons

There is not much things I didn't like about Lever. If I would think of one, it would be the grey UI that is not really appealing and sometimes the UX such as having to go back on settings part to update a template but those doesn't reduce the great user experience one should have using Lever.

Reasons for Choosing Lever

Missing a feature regarding sourcing and nurturing

Workable
Michaela
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Smart ATS + CRM tool

Reviewed on 2021-03-31

We went through the implementation led by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and that was superb. Overall the customer care is strong and I like the product.

There are several features that Lever should work on so it fits better organizations of a larger scale (1000+) as some of the workflows are just not granular enough.

Pros

- sourcing part
- integrations with other systems
- the system is smart so it is limiting mistakes
- reporting is strong (as the system does not allow many mistakes)

Cons

GDPR options are very simple, we need them more advanced as a EU based company
user roles - too simple for us, again we would need to have them more granular
email/interview templates - it would be great if these could be preset based on the interview name/type - it would save a lot of time to search through templates
department/team set up - as this affects the entire system and automation it is very hard to set it up correctly, as we are an organization of larger scale, it is just not enough granular for us
job offer approval set up - again not granular enough for us

SmartRecruiters and Greenhouse

Reasons for Choosing Lever

Jobvite did not allow keeping Job postings and requisitions separate The interface was quite old-fashioned and some tasks took way too many clicks to do Jobvite was very rigid when we needed to make any changes from the standard

Jobvite

Reasons for Switching to Lever

Lever was better fitting our business needs - strong CRM + ATS that helps with clear reporting

• Customer Support Software

Painful enough to leave my first review on anything work related

Reviewed on 2022-11-30

Based on the above am clearly not very happy. That said, I have only used Lever and Greenhouse (which is far far better). I feel like some negative grump leaving this review, but in 4 months I have wasted hours trying to get feature requests, figuring simple things out like specific plans for certain roles, only to find it literally isn't an option.I feel like they have given up on this, it could be so much better, get a small team with proper UI/UX skills and it could be a really good ATS.

Pros

It looks ok, isn't slow, I like the font.Customer service is actually good (although feature requests don't get completed).

Cons

No point in listing everything or I'll be here for days, I've already flagged them as feature requests months ago and not heard anything back. This ATS, whilst fast and not completely useless is just so painful in so many ways, the amount of illogical UX/UI that has been put into this is baffling - the main outstanding one being that jobs and candidates are kept in separate channels... what!?- Can't format feedback forms.- Any interview plan you set up is duplicated across ALLjobs.. you can't have specific plans for specific roles, are you kidding me right?- Can't turn off email notifications for reminding to submit feedback, even though there is a notification options in settings (missing the option).- When you are rejecting/archiving people if you type out an email and accidentally click off it's all deleted and does not save, this happens with other parts as well (if you just send a norma email it does save).- Want to return to the candidate after leaving feedback? You have to open a new tab.- Scheduling feels like someone doing A level comp science has built it, basic and not efficient. - No customisation settings - sorry, deal with the grey, bleak looking system (other than the font).- Don't get me started on the analytics, it's so poor.

Response from Employ

We are very sorry to hear about your experience. The Lever team is here to help. Please submit a request to the Lever Support team: https://help.lever.co/hc/en-us/requests/new

You have opted to keep your contact information hidden; if you change your mind and would like to provide the name of your organization, we can connect you with a rep for support as well.

Jennifer

• Customer Support Software

Lever: an ATS that delivers on its promises!

Reviewed on 2024-03-12

Pros

We transitioned to Lever from a previous ATS, we were looking for more functionality and a wider range of features for reporting purposes. [sensitive content hidden], our implentation specialist, was absolutely amazing. We had weekly calls with [sensitive content hidden], who walked us through a different Lever feature, answered every question, assisted greatly in mapping our historical data over, and was avalible via email for my team whenever they needed her. Understanding the system and being guided during the process was so valuable - the Visual Insights (reporting) has allowed us to view data in ways we've never been able to before. Scheduling is also SO much easier, the Recruiting team has nothing but wonderful things to say about how user friendly the plattform is. We've also began using candidate experience surveys, to boost our candidate experience, and are planning to utilize additional features offered down the road. I feel Lever has quickly and truly become a part of our core systems, anytime I have a question Lever support is so helpful and fast as lightning to answer.

Cons

Our Offer process is currently outside of the ATS, the esignature integration we use does not connect with Lever. Docusign is the only option if we want to utilize Lever's Offer process, so we're looking into it. I would love to see more integrations! The Visual Insights were launched with Lever's Winter Release, I am not a fan currently of the exporting options - but I know this is a function Lever is actively working to improve!

Jessica
Jessica

• Customer Support Software

Lever is such a user-friendly tool and a huge improvement for us!

Reviewed on 2022-05-03

We weren't able to successfully build a robust database previously. Lever allows you to do that in an organized way. Also, the metrics/reporting capabilities even within the enhanced package is far superior to those I've used previously.

Pros

I love the UI/UX of Lever. It's super user-friendly and easy to figure out overall. Lots of capabilities we didn't have before. Compared to the solutions I've used before (JazzHR and BreezyHR for smaller businesses), it's like night and day. SO much better.

Cons

There are some features that are missing/need to be improved. They aren't dealbreakers, though. For instance, you can't manually update job posting dates. Also, the site doesn't have many partnerships with free job boards allowing you to automatically push out postings to them. It's integrated with LinkedIn and has a recent integration with Indeed as well, but that's it. If you want postings on other job boards, you have to manually do it, which is a decent amount of work.

Reasons for Choosing Lever

BreezyHR was lacking in functionality for a globally dispersed recruitment team at a high growth company.

Breezy

Reasons for Switching to Lever

Better sales experience and better interface
Cinthia
Cinthia
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Best ATS Ever!!

Reviewed on 2022-01-26

The team has been amazing! Since the 1st contact, demos, implementation, everything has been great!

Pros

The integrations with LinkedIn, HackerRank, Fetcher, Slack are amazing!

Cons

Please give us Hiring Manager Satisfaction Surveys and improve the automation feature!!

Better trearment

Reasons for Switching to Lever

The functions, integrations, talent intelligence module, and all the support provided by their team :)
Payton
Payton

New to Lever

Reviewed on 2021-12-23

The communication and support while considering to go with Lever and again when implementing, was phenomenal.

Pros

My favorite aspect about Lever is being able to send candidates profiles and notes to one of our hiring managers and it goes straight to their email. The hiring manager can respond to the note without even having to log into lever. I also love the ease of setting interviews and calendar invites in one, simple step.

Cons

I wish we had known about more Lever features before we were assigned to the basic package because if the quoted pricing included items such as DocuSign and the Preferred Support were included, we would most likely have those.

Breezy

Reasons for Choosing Lever

The communication and support from AAIM was obsolete.

Reasons for Switching to Lever

We decided we loved our interactions with [SENSITIVE CONTENT], and our [SENSITIVE CONTENT], were interactions we wanted to have with our new ATS system because that is what we were lacking before. Those two ladies made all the difference to us!
Briana
  • Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

• Customer Support Software

[sensitive content hidden] is the best!!!

Reviewed on 2023-12-15

Echoing what I shared above - Working with [sensitive content hidden]
was amazing - he is...

Echoing what I shared above - Working with [sensitive content hidden]
was amazing - he is extremely thorough, responsive, and made this a seamless process for us. We couldn't have gotten through the implementation without him!

Pros

Working with [sensitive content hidden]

Cons

Nothing so far - really enjoying the product

Danielle

Great implementation!

Reviewed on 2023-12-15

I want to mention our WONDERFUL Implementation Manager, [sensitive content hidden] has been so helpful during the implementation process and we are so thankful for all his support.

Pros

Ease of implementation, reporting functionality, general UI of platform.

Cons

Nothing really - it's been a great product to use so far

P

Great tool

Reviewed on 2024-02-22

Pros

Data & Analytics, East scheduling, Automations and lot custom options to make the system our own

Cons

User Permissions are a bit consuming and limiting

Ryan

• Customer Support Software

Lever is a Great ATS for Any Start-up!

Reviewed on 2022-07-12

Over the last 9 years I've used Lever, Greenhouse, Workable, Taleo, Breezy, and Jobvite. Lever is hands-down my number 1 pick for its ease of use, its user interface, countless integrations, and efficient workflow. Lever has also been improving their reporting and analytics making their software a perfect fit for any start-up from a 10 person pre-series A to a 400 person series D/E company.

Pros

Lever was easy to implement (I had it up and running in less than 24 hours), the career page can be integrated with your current website quickly, the scorecards are fully customizable, and the ATS does a nice job at tracking candidates throughout the process.

Cons

At the moment, a user cannot edit the interview stages without submitting a ticket to Lever. I hope they change this in the near future.

Workable and Greenhouse

Reasons for Switching to Lever

User interface, scheduling workflow, reporting and analytics, integrations, and ease of use for my hiring managers.
Maggie

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use, but robust ATS!

Reviewed on 2020-10-06

Pros

I love the clean user interface in Lever and how easy it is to learn how to use. I love all the the (seemingly) simple features that make a huge difference in the candidate experience (ie. easy scheduling, email templates, delayed email feature, offer letter integration, interview feedback reminders, etc). The support team is extremely helpful and responds quickly. The launchpad site with hundreds of posts on how to use the features is invaluable.

Cons

The only thing I would like is Lever to have more free job board integrations (ie. automatically posts to various job boards without me having to pay for separate posts)

Cristina

Intuitive and on-point

Reviewed on 2022-05-16

Pros

- Intuitive and easy to use by all stakeholders
- Wide array of integrations and smart in-built features
- Exceptional implementation & support team - really know how to translate an org's needs into features that can be leveraged(thank you, [SENSITIVE CONTENT]!)
- For recruitment teams whose work is heavily dependent on sourcing, the Lever Chrome extension is gold!
- A true collaborative platform

Cons

- Access names are a bit confusing, but it does help to clarify them to stakeholders from the start
- Would love a more granular approach to location, since LinkedIn doesn't recognize a : "<Country>, Remote" format

Ed

Strong ATS Platform

Reviewed on 2017-06-22

Lever is the 7th ATS that I have used professionally and I have demoed many others, it is one of the best out there. We went through our selection process a year ago and ended up demoing 13 ATS providers and they were the best for our needs. We couldn't be happier with Lever and plan on being a long-time customer.

Pros

-Great UI/UX-very intuitive and easy to use
-Good tracking capabilities: Can create unique URLs, each employee has a unique social/employee referral link, you can drop a Google Analytics tag, and can embed tracking pixels
-Easy to get buy-in across the organization
-Adds efficiency to the recruiting team saving recruiters and coordinators time in our day to day. We had to do a ton of manual work with our last ATS.
-High engagement: Many of our team members weren't a big fan of our previous ATS and now they have turned into power users
-Chrome Extension and integrations with other sourcing tools to be able to easily import candidates into Lever to manage the pipeline
-Gmail and Google Calendar integration so you can do everything from one platform and not have to continually go back and forth when communicating and scheduling candidates
-They are continually upgrading their software as we have been a customer less than a year and have seen many new beneficial releases
-Have a CRM product(Lever Nurture)
-Great support from initial contact through implementation
-During the sales process, they really took the time to understand our business and recruiting processes
-Easy to create customized reports
-Tons of partner integrations
-Streamlined and easy implementation process

Cons

-Doesn't have automated social referral distribution. Employees can't schedule their job posts via social, they need to do it manually each time through Lever.
-They don't have Live Chat for customer service
-When setting up your job application, if you choose to have a resume as required then the 'Apply with LinkedIn' is pointless. If they 'Apply with LinkedIn' then they still need to upload a resume. Unfortunately, 'Apply with LinkedIn' doesn't cover the resume requirement.

Heather
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Data driven and dedicated

Reviewed on 2018-02-28

Pros

We have used Lever for over 2 years, rolled out in countries across and globe and trained hundreds of hiring managers to use the system for feedback and reviewing applications. We initially chose Lever for its data and analytics, which have allowed us to automate reports and KPIs for teams in all our markets. The system is user friendly, and tools like Lever Nurture and Recommendations can help recruitment teams to find and attract more talent.

Perhaps the best thing about choosing Lever is the team behind it. The system itself has rolled out many new features (requisitions, approval flows, restricting access to view sensitive information) after carefully considering feedback and suggestions, which are critical for scaling and management for large orgs. The support team is incredibly responsive to any issue and the product team is open to feedback and as transparent as possible about upcoming changes.

The customer success team really goes above and beyond to understand and work through client concerns and helps to find innovative solutions to most issues. If you choose Lever and are lucky enough to work with rep - you've struck gold. I don't think I've worked with someone more focused on client satisfaction, able to make tough discussions enjoyable, and who really advocates for his clients.

Cons

While Lever is growing rapidly and adopting more large global clients, there still seems to be a dominance of focus on US tech startups - for example in the Partner Integrations or in offer templates (multiple options for equity and vesting options) but complex package structures can require significant customisations, which can require additional work for enterprise clients.

The biggest hurdle to adopting Lever as a global enterprise solution has been concerns around data privacy of candidates and employees as it stores all data only on servers in the US. From a security standpoint, this is worrying, has made it harder to get buy in to roll out in other markets, and delayed several implementations. If you want to consider candidates outside the US, particularly in Europe and Emerging markets, it means significantly more time and checks with Legal, Compliance, and Security departments. There is also the fair concern that non US candidates may be discouraged from sharing their data if wary of surveillance and privacy rights - which are major concerns and considerations in other markets. Investing in data centres in locations that focus on protecting data privacy would make it easier (and safer) to roll out and use as a true enterprise tool.

Ashley
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Easy to Deploy

Reviewed on 2023-08-25

I've had a good experience with Lever for multiple years, at my last and current company. Once you know how to manipulate items in the system.

Pros

Lever is easy to implement and get off the ground. The implementation only took a week or so starting with no ATS to begin with. Operates like a salesforce esq platform, sales and marketing typically find it easier to use than other teams.

Cons

Data and reporting has been up and down. They updated reporting recently and I've had some issues with it, hoping they rework it in the future.

Workable and Greenhouse

Price and ease of use.
Sara

• Customer Support Software

Incredibly easy to use with a top notch team to support it!

Reviewed on 2017-08-15

Overall, this is a great software that continues to release new things - both big & small - to improve the workflows for its users! The team is dedicated to improving recruiting & company culture. At the very least, subscribe to their emails for some thoughtful content!

Pros

-First off, the sales & implementation teams are fantastic. I had a great experience during the sales process (which is why I chose them over Greenhouse) & Customer support representative from implementation (customer success) has continued to be a trusted partner even post-onboarding.
-It's relatively easy to set up & manage ongoing updates. I pretty much built the entire thing when we switched from Jazz. While I have an implementation background, I'm no engineer, so kudos for making it easy to manage.
-Hiring managers love it - esp. product & engineering!
-The email templates are a life-changer.
-The sync with Google calendar for rooms & availability is also a life-changer.

Cons

While overall, it's a fantastic product, there are a few very nitpicky items I'd love to see modified down the road:

-More customization for job posts; there are a couple standard fields you can't change.
-Ability to sort applicants by certain criteria, i.e. if they included a cover letter or link to portfolio.
-Permission levels with more "pick & choose" customization.
-Changing interview times, teams, and feedback forms could be easier.
-Option to save commonly used filters -- for a super admin with access to all reqs, it can be a tad overwhelming, but I've hacked a good process with bookmarks!

Ghayathri
  • Industry: Market Research Software

Cost-effective ATS for small to mid-stage companies - Lever

Reviewed on 2023-04-02

Pros

Simple and effective, cost is affordable for growing organizations, and the way they price it based on employee count and not on a per-seat basis.

Cons

Reporting can be better, LinkedIn integration is a work in progress.

Ease of usage

Reasons for Switching to Lever

Ease of usage, and the features are great.
Molly
  • Industry: Accounting Software
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

We have loved our switch to Lever!

Reviewed on 2017-11-01

Pros

We implemented Lever at the beginning of this year and are very happy overall with our switch. We originally chose to go with Lever because we liked how "candidate-centric" this platform was over other systems. We wanted an ATS that streamlined our application process, screening, and made scheduling a breeze and overall, we have found that!

The implementation and customer service team has been top-notch with Lever. Along the way, we have received answers to our questions right away. The videos and tutorials have been extremely helpful and the feedback response rate from our interviewers has increased. The integration with Microsoft Office365 with a single log-on process was well-received with our interview teams.

Our company fills a majority of our entry-level hires through campus recruiting and Lever has allowed us to organize our applications by school, events, position, etc. which has helped our team organize our campus recruiting efforts. We are also beginning to implement Lever "Nurture" to help with our recruiting campaigns and to help us recruit "passive candidates."

Overall, we are pleased with Lever and its functionality. We would recommend it completely.

Cons

The ease of use of reporting could be better, but Lever seems to be continually pushing out new updates.

Tommy
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

• Customer Support Software

Could be good depending on organizational need

Reviewed on 2023-10-29

Pros

Its super easy to use and great for tracking candidate pipeline. Simple for new hiring managers to understand and navigate

Cons

Its has the least functionality of all the modern ATS, it doesn't have much places where you can customize compared to Greenhouse, Ashby, etc.

Ashby and Greenhouse
Richard
  • Industry: Human Resources

Lever - an ok ATS with some flaws

Reviewed on 2021-06-19

Lever is a good tool for the candidate journey. It is easy to use and helps you move through the recruitment process quickly. However, from a reporting and reliability point of view, there are better systems out there.

Pros

Lever is a recruiting tool that is strongest on the candidate side. It makes it easy for candidates to apply for roles, and the internal interview system is decent too, making it pretty easy to collect feedback from hiring managers. It connects with email and calendars well, and there are integrations for other recruiting and HR tools.

Cons

If you are looking for a great candidate database or an awesome way to track your reports, Lever is not the tool for you. The platform has reliability issues and terrible reporting functionality that makes it hard to get any meaningful data out of the system at all.

Response from Employ

Thanks for the review, Richard! In August 2022, Lever released a product update making Visual Insights the default in-app analytics interface. Check out this new reporting!

• Used for 1-5 months

Great Alternative to Google Hire

Reviewed on 2020-08-15

Since Google Hire was going away, Lever stepped up to challenge of meeting our hiring needs. We've been pleased with the customer service and support after working with them recently.

Pros

We've been so pleased with the support team at Lever. As we switch/transition from Google Hire, they've been incredibly helpful to make sure this is a seamless and stress-free process. It can be nerve wracking when switching products, especially when you want to make sure that candidates don't fall through the cracks or worrying over potentially losing important historical data. The Lever team has held our hand through the entire process and it has been a very pleasant transition.

Cons

The price point is average, perhaps a little higher for a hiring platform. They do have quite a bit of integrations available, so I understand that the cost covers quite a bit of work that went into this tool but it can be difficult when you want to cherry pick and maybe don't need all the bells and whistles.

Streak , Greenhouse and TriNet Hire

Reasons for Choosing Lever

The product was sunsetting.
Jessie

The Recruitment Tool You Really Need

Reviewed on 2017-08-23

Overall, I think Lever's by far the best product on the market for those who are focusing on sourcing for good candidates for jobs. This tool is the most efficient one I've seen: I single-handedly ran 200 senior candidates through the tool via sourcing in my first month at work, from sourced to 2X hires. Saying that, the sales process could be better and they're a bit unnecessary when it comes to additional features. All in all, grit your teeth and just do it. It'll turn Recruitment into an organised, and very professional flow in a matter of days.

Pros

- Time Efficient: LinkedIn extension, and the flow of the work means 1 person can manage 100s of candidates: and survive.
- The Sourcing Dream: if you're sourcing candidates it's your best friend: it takes me 30 seconds to onboard a new lead
- Customisable interview sheets: it's so easy to give feedback on a candidate once you get going.
-,Wonderful Onboarding Support: once you've made the decision your onboarding support is impressive, professional, and great.

Cons

- Price: it's not cheap, but the price does vary according to company size. It's worth it if you've hired anyone dedicated to recruitment.
- Integrations: things like a Slack integration are unnecessarily pricey features. The same comes for the amount of integrations (not that many) as well as the price tag to do each one (something as necessary as a DocuSign integration costs serious cash). That limits you, and feels annoying.
- Sales process: it's not the best sales experience. They aren't flexible on things like multi-year deals, or any way to help you line up the Product with your current budget. That makes no sense.

Kendell
  • Industry: Market Research Software

Leading ATS for a Reason

Reviewed on 2019-12-16

We didn't have a good ATS prior to Lever, so this is solving every possible problem.

Pros

Lever is a fantastic ATS for growing companies looking for a more robust system. The add-on of Nurture helps support talent acquisition, which is a differentiator in the ATS market. Lever makes it super easy to schedule interviews, create feedback forms (and make sure they're filled out), etc. It helps keep everyone accountable on all sides. The onboarding was quick and easy (shout out to Rain!).

Cons

I wish I could manually upload a CSV of candidates to a job

JobScore and Greenhouse

Jing Pei

Top-notch ATS

Reviewed on 2017-04-21

I have ~10 years of recruiting experience, Lever is by far the best ATS in my opinion. The pipeline-centric product was very intuitive, came with great functionality, including Google/ Slack/ DocuSign integration. Love the UI, easy to follow/ track our job postings and candidates. The UI was excellent, most of my team took very little time to get comfortable with this platform - a big boost for employee participation in recruitment. We have a very small recruiting team, Lever really made a huge difference to the way we manage the candidate journey. Bonus: Excellent sales and customer support team, it's always a joy to work with them!

Pros

The product was very intuitive, and came with great functionality, including Google/ Slack/ DocuSign integration. Love the pipeline design, easy to follow/ track our job postings and candidates. The UI was excellent, most of my team took very little time to get comfortable with this platform - a big boost for employee participation in recruitment. We have a very small recruiting team, Lever really made a huge difference to the way we manage the candidate journey. Bonus: Excellent sales and customer support team, it's always a joy to work with them!

Cons

I really don't have anything negative to say about Lever.