iorad

Create application instructions and step-by-step tutorials

4.7 /5 (23 reviews) Write a Review!
4.7
4.9
4.5
4.8
4.9
James B.
Industry: Construction
Company size: 10,001+ Employees

Easy, professional training in minutes.

Reviewed on 6/14/2019

We have a very limited team to support our Salesforce instance of over 300 sales users in Canada. This has freed us up to not have to screenshare and walk users through some standard issues frequently, we can just direct them to our training library and keep moving on improvements!

Pros

iorad makes it incredibly easy to create training videos or walk-throughs that users can experience at their own pace. As someone who has previously recorded screen-capture videos with over voice, I can say that this is 1000 times easier and more professional. The ability to tweak and update training as we need is excellent.

Cons

Not really a dislike, but it would be nice to have the ability to have the training be read in French during the walk-through.

Jane M.
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Hands down my FAVORITE app!

Reviewed on 6/18/2019

Pros

I was sitting at a presentation at an educational technology conference when the presenter casually mentioned ioRad. I immediately went on the site. Truth be told, I did not hear a single word she sais from that point on. I was AMAZED and began creating my first capture right there. It was that easy. When I clicked finish and saw how ioRad captured every step, every click, and labeled the screen shot, as well as producing the step-by-step instructions, I was sold! This software is BRILLIANT! It has saved me countless hours of capturing screenshots and manually adding the instructions. Better yet, is the LIVE function, where a user can see prompts to guide them click by click through a process in real time on the site.

Cons

The product development is very responsive to client feedback. The software just keeps getting better and better.

Julien T.
Industry: Management Consulting

Good Tool

Reviewed on 6/28/2019

Great! I think it is a tool with great potential.

Pros

It is user friendly.
It brings a real value added in the step by step exercise. It is time saving, resources saving, and it restrains the error percent.

Cons

It can improve in terms of features.
it is not stable (I guess it is for a moment : still improving). But be more careful and inform users in advance, so they can save work.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Sarah B.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

The best tool to add to your toolbox

Reviewed on 7/1/2019

iorad has taken our membership site to the next level. With the tutorials that include a live feature, and audio voiceover, you are able to create seamless steps for users that guarantee they understand what you are trying to teach.

We have had amazing customer service, with the rep actually adapting what he has created to give our users the best experience. We communicate with the rep whenever we need anything or have questions.

Pros

Iorad is simple to learn and use, and the design is attractive that makes people want to use the end product!

Cons

Nothing! It is a great tool that allows you to accomplish almost everything!

Alfonso M.

Step-by-Step Made Easy

Reviewed on 6/14/2019

This tool has helped me be successful in creating instructional design solutions for my work and for my grad school projects. They are amazing at building customer relations.

Pros

The user interface is easy to use. The overall design experience and features are great for the type of work I do.

Cons

Has minimal design changes to the cover pages to personalize the tutorials more. May be offer different fonts.

Steve M.

Reviewed on 6/28/2019

Their customer service is very responsive and they send me emails updates on new features. Because I was in education, they also asked my input in how they can improve their product for the educational field. Extremely satisfied with iorad.

Pros

All I have to do in making the interactive tutorial is point and click. iorad will actually write each step for me. I can complete my tutorial in less than 3 minutes and it will come out looking extremely professional and people think I spent hours making the tutorial.

Cons

Really, the only thing I could possibly ding iorad on (and this would only be me nick-picking) is when I make it a pdf, it crops out a significant amount of the screenshot. But again, this really isn't a big deal.

Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

iorad is great for process documentation

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 6/17/2019

Pros

This software has saved countless hours for our staff, allowed parents and students to find answers even when we're closed, and helped us with documentation. I love that iorad captures my steps as I work through a process. The new smart masking feature works great and saves time over the prior masking. The iorad team is very responsive.

Cons

There isn't any mechanism to add pictures or crop pages.

Industry: Utilities

Iorad

Reviewed on 9/20/2019

Fast turnaround for tutorials. Easy to record demos.

Pros

Easy to learn and use. Lots of options for delivery. I can have a tutorial created on 30 minutes.

Cons

Organization of tutorials... I would like to be able to use a folder system. Tags are OK but when you get a few hundred tutorials it get messy.

Zoran N.
Industry: Banking

Love it!

Reviewed on 6/17/2019

My overall experience is very positive. I have reviewed any similar tools and decided to go for Iorad. After more than 6 months of use all I can say is that I have not made mistake selecting it.

Pros

Iorad is very easy to learn and use. Iorad supplements our training materials very well. We have blended it with our elearning platform and we have completely changed our training process and approach.

Cons

It would be great if we can have better organisation structure of tutorials. After a longer use of a tool, the list of tutorials that we have created is quite long. Introduction of some kind of folder structure would be very helpful.

Jamie S.
Industry: Internet

Easy & free to create active interactive experiences

Reviewed on 6/14/2019

iorad has helped me produce end-user interactive guides more quickly & easily. It's easier to update an iorad when the product changes than a series of screenshots & directions. It has a place in our company that I don't see going away soon.

Pros

I work in learning & development and tools like Adobe Captivate are big. iorad presents a stripped-down version of that which, in my experience, has a better end-user experience. iorad is also totally free to start using, a huge advantage. It's easy to adjust the targets & text in a capture.

Cons

The embedded player can be a little clunky. The screen capture doesn't record the final/confirmation screen unless you interact with it, so I typically click on a random point and then remove it in editing.

Stephanie A.

Essential for Trainers and Educators

Reviewed on 6/18/2019

Before iorad, I had to make training videos and click paths on demand that I had to edit and produce and they did not save and share easily. With iorad, it takes a fraction of the time to create a tutorial and it is extremely easy to file away and reuse for other learners that need the same help.

Pros

iorad allows me to capture my steps and fills in the prompts easily and in an expedient manner. It is easy to copy the tutorial and email it out to the learner. I also very much like how iorad keeps a library of my tutorials and has an easy search feature.

Cons

I would like to be able to print off the steps in PDF format for free.

Sarah F.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Easy to create and maintain

Reviewed on 6/28/2019

We use this for new system training and for internal SOPs. We post these FAQs in multiple places, so updating only the one source is invaluable. Creating and maintaining SOPs is also very easy with a walk-through tutorial since steps that needs updating, adding, removing are obvious to spot when you are literally walking through the process again.

Pros

Both the ability to use the link and the embed. The audio is also very nice to use.

Cons

I'm not sure I'm a fan of the new UI panel... When you accidentally delete a tutorial, there is no recovery.

Natalie R.
Industry: Education Management

Iorad is great for flipped classrooms!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 6/28/2019

Really great; I love it and so do my patrons.

Pros

As a K-12 school librarian, I make dozens of tutorials using Iorad. This software enables me to use it in the "flipped classroom" model, so I can be there to help my students when they most need me.

Cons

I would like to be able to see the pdf in the free version.

Mathieu L.
Industry: Management Consulting

My thoughts on Iorad

Reviewed on 6/28/2019

Pros

Iorad is a useful and innovative tool that gather the following pros in my opinion:
- Easy to use, to manage, to learn
- Time saving
- Good Customer Service

Cons

The cons I will list for Iorad are due to the fact that the development of the solution is still ongoing.

Some new features will be appreciated, such as a "drag and drop" of the steps. Moreover, some bug are still existing.

Brian L.
Industry: Information Services

Love this Application

Reviewed on 6/28/2019

Many of the administrators and teachers who have asked for support guides with our SIS system, have been very happy with the videos that I have created and sent them. It is a quick way to support staff with a combination of visuals and text.

Pros

What I like most about this application is that I can produce quick tutorial videos with real time step by step instructions where users can follow along.

Cons

The only thing that I find that I would change is the voice over feature. It will generate voice over for the text automatically which is a great feature. If you edit the text in your video, you need to re- generate the voice over. In the realm of life, this is not a big deal and will not stop using this application because of this.

Iorad - Click and Learn

Reviewed on 2/20/2019

I love it. Created 3 click-throughs for an ed-based platform, and plan on doing it again!

Pros

I loved that I could make a solid click-through tutorial or how-to for our staff.

Cons

My only issue is that the first time staff saw it, they weren't clear what to do. Maybe blinking "do this" sort of helpers for new users?

Jessica G.
Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Easy and very helpful

Reviewed on 6/17/2019

this has sped up our internal and client facing learning/training so much. Users love that they can click on things and easily follow through the steps

Pros

ease of use, ease to share our documentation, easy to convert PDF, easy to transfer to colleagues to manipulate

Cons

i have not found anything i do not like yet

Patrick L.
Industry: Education Management

Best tutorial device out there

Reviewed on 6/28/2019

Pros

I love that it is so easy to start and go through the tutorial making process, I am one of the main technology implementation people at my schools and it works so easily that it takes me less time to create the tutorial than it takes me to figure out the program I’m making a tutorial for.

Cons

I wish there was a little more flex with what the walkthrough looks like, I haven’t used the premium version before so this maybe something that I just have access to.

Industry: Computer Software

Great tool for tutorials

Reviewed on 9/13/2019

Pros

Love how quick and easy it is to create tutorials right from the browser add-on.

Cons

no cons really. havn't had any issues to speak to.

Lynn T.
Industry: Computer Software

Iorad Review

Reviewed on 6/14/2019

Iorad is a wonderful company to work with!

Pros

How easy it is to use! They have also made great improvements in the library making it easy to find simulations.

Cons

This is great simulation software, but my customers often refer to it as a "click-through". It does not really offer them the actual learning that they need.

Casa da portela I.

Amazing tool for tutorial building

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 10/9/2018

Pros

Free plan with everything you need for a simple use. Simple and clean tool. Great plugin for live use too. Just amazing

Cons

The paid plans are a bit expensive, but from the FAQ page you can read that there may be ways to negotiate

Tanner F.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Love this tool! Very easy to use. Huge time saver.

Reviewed on 6/28/2019

Great customer support when I have questions. Overall, the product is fantastic. Highly recommended.

Pros

So easy to use. Saves me a lot of time.

Cons

Not really that I don't like about this product.

Cyril C.
Industry: Food & Beverages

iorad is the best training tool on the market today

Reviewed on 6/15/2019

Very easy took to use.

Pros

Very easy to create short videos to train your staff step by step.
Just click capture and each time you click a place on your screen Iorad will take a screenshot.

Cons

The price is high but the company will work with you to make it affordable