Vagaro Reviews

Vagaro

4.7 (3,366)
Beauty, wellness & fitness appointment booking software

(3,366)
4.7/5
Customer Support Software

Sean A
Sean A
  • Industry: Higher Education Software
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Good value for the price

Reviewed on 2019-02-04

Pros

I set this software up for a massage therapist shop. It was for an individual who needed to contract out 2 services, yoga and massage therapy. In order to do that, we had to buy 2 subscriptions what was sort of a pain. However, the ease of use of software was great. There's integration into yelp and facebook. It integrates right into your google calendar which is super important for people that are really busy. Also its way cheaper than mind body so that's a bonus.

They provide everything you need in order to setup a successful massage shop or whatever in fitness you are doing. They even take credit card for services. If you swipe it on your phone in the mobile app, it will ask you for a tip. On ipad, it doesn't.

Also vagaro allows you to rebook an appointment on the spot which I found very convenient for rebookings.

Cons

It was really hard to setup multiple services within the shop. I had to setup yoga and massage under 2 different employees but the same name, with 2 different google calendars. It was really messy. It works best when you have employees and can set them up under services they provide, if your solo and provide more than 1 service that aren't related, its hard.

Juno

Great Management Software for my Tattoo Studio

Reviewed on 2024-01-19

Overall, it's great for my tattoo and piercing business. Customer tech support is also very good!

Pros

The ease of use. the software is geared for businesses in the service industry. It's been doing well for my tattoo studio.

Cons

There are some features that I'd like to see implemented in the near future.

Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

I was looking for a new product that will function the way I need it to. And I did.

Square Appointments
Sarry

Give it a go

Reviewed on 2020-11-30

I just wish there was a little more to Vagaro when it comes to business essentials. It is really important for owners to track their numbers without having to do extra work and I just wish there was more there. I also wish that texting was a part of the program seeing as how contactless is the way to go but to charge an arm and a leg is a bit much. I get that new ideas are coming up and the actual subscription isn't expensive, but don't up-charge us because technology changes and you see it as a way to get money from us. I also wish there was an option for split payments of more than one credit card. I wish that they did NOT charge a fee for us to accept credit card tips. A few ideas and ways to help.

Pros

This software is pretty easy to use and it allows us to check our schedules anytime

Cons

There are always pros and cons, for me sometimes it's the reliability that bothers me. Sometimes appointments will not show and clients get a confirmation which is frustrating. I also don't like the way the company handles its credit card processing especially during covid, it would be nice not to have to pay an extra free when it comes to storing cards in the system. I also didn’t like how little resources there are for reports or how little the software offers you a boost when you pay for a service to "get noticed" otherewise everything is pretty standard.

Response from Vagaro

Thank you for your review, if you have any ideas about how we can improve the software you can share them at feedback.vagaro.com

Sandy

• Customer Support Software

Always professional and prompt customer service

Reviewed on 2024-02-01

Excellent! Over the years I left Vagaro and tried 2 other booking systems but found them complicated. And one didn't have a phone app. So I'm sticking with Vagaro. Our clients love the ease of using the Vagaro phone app.

Pros

Ease of use for desktop and phone app. I also like how easy it is to do reports, especially payroll.

Cons

I hate when it goes down for a long period of time.

Sara
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

DOPE ASS APP!

Reviewed on 2024-01-22

It WORKS! I used to use square and that the worst application ever.

It WORKS! I used to use square and that the worst application ever.

Pros

It's super easy for myself and useres to book apps and update all information.

Cons

It's way to expensive for one usr. Not to happy about that.

Markell
Markell

Happy Stylist and Customer

Reviewed on 2023-06-01

Pros

The ease of use, it wasn’t a headache trying to use the program.

Cons

I haven’t had the chance to dislike anything about Vagaro just yet.

Kathy
  • Industry: Government Administration

Great App to Find Local Service Providers in Beauty, Fitness, Pet Care, Etc.

Reviewed on 2024-03-17

My experience has been great. I'm hoping to continue finding professionals in my areas of need and I would love my husband to use it for her personal training once he gets serious about it.

Pros

I use Vagaro as a potential customer and I love that I can input my location and view providers and tons of helpful information about them, including reviews. It's nice to even have a gallery of professionals' photos. I like that the filtering gives me a lot of options to be very specific. My husband is a personal trainer and is considering using Vagaro from the business side - I've encouraged him to give it a go.

Cons

This isn't a great critique of Vagaro but I feel like it isn't used by a great number of people in our more rural area. I wish there was more outreach to businesses outside of cities so we could have a better representation of what's available. With that said, I feel like those who are on the app are more professional and serious about their craft which makes me consider them more strongly.

Jae

Super easy to yse

Reviewed on 2024-04-03

Pros

So easy for booking clients, it’s a few clicks and they’re booked

Cons

Takes a little while to get use to using the system

Adina
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Best method for spa and salon scheduling

Reviewed on 2024-03-15

Pros

I love that I can find everything from a yoga class to a top notch stylist with ease.

Cons

Nothing so far - It seems to be a great product for the service industry. I have used others that have been terrible.

Jennifer
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

A Scheduling App Worth Getting

Reviewed on 2024-04-04

Pros

The ease of scheduling appointments with hair dresser, esthetician and others.

Cons

I don’t really have any cons about the app.

Molly

• Customer Support Software

Is Varago is good for your company?

Reviewed on 2022-08-11

With Vagaro the purpose was always selling time. FIlling up the white space on the calendar with clients and making sure you did that as efficiently and productively each day as possible in order to create growth and profit for the company. Vagaro is a tool in which you are able to do that. But for bigger salons that need more details, reports, numbers, it does fall bit a short.

Pros

I liked that this system was super simple and straight forward. It is very easy to switch over to Vagaro from another company which is what we did. The ease of use is definitely a plus but it also was a reason why we left. It was not very detailed on other aspects that we needed more options and attention on.

Cons

I love a software company that has a well developed app for it's salon users. This is important for the team because they use this every hour to see and check their schedules. I think also the reports should have been more detailed and intricate but they may have improved that at this time. I don't think anything was difficult to use but because of it's ease of use, it meant that the software didn't really allow for as much information and details as we needed at the time to run a salon aiming towards growth. Things were hard to find or figure out because it wasn't provided in the reports or we had to add other features from outside companies to make up for lacking features.

Boulevard and Phorest

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

We were looking to find the right fit for our needs so that we could hit our growth and potential goals.

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

I ended up choosing Vagaro originally because I thought the ease of use was a huge selling point. However, we ended up switching over to Boulevard in the end.

Response from Vagaro

Thank you for the feedback, we love to hear that our software is easy to use. We recently released updates to our reports section based on the feedback that businesses were looking for more intricate data. You can check what other features we are currently working on here: https://feedback.vagaro.com/forums/915991-feature-requests

Mohammad
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Vagaro is the market place for the services you look for.

Reviewed on 2023-03-03

One of the great market places I have seen and dealt with. The support is really great when you have a complain.

Pros

Lots of services are available in one place, the options are great, cost is very low, you get lots of discounts, interfaces are great.

Cons

You might experience slowness in Vagaro at times and this is not due to internet. it could be because of the servers but this is rate to happen.

TrueCoach and Weave

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

Vagaro membership cost is much better, the support is better and it has more services.

WellnessLiving

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

Both systems did not have the requirements, not easy to learn how to go around, calendars do not sync. easily.
Angelique
Angelique

Love Vagaro

Reviewed on 2023-05-05

It is excellent!

It is excellent!

Pros

Ease of use, the price, it's very functional for my small business. The online booking and forms make it well worth the money and you can use the add ons that work for you.

Cons

If someone has the same phone number as someone else or there is already the same email in the system Vagaro doesn't allow you to duplicate. This is hard because I see children also and they are under their parents email. I also don't like how it can log you out in the middle of updating inventory.

Kyesolyn

My Search For Software Is Finally Over

Reviewed on 2020-01-12

Using Vagaro I've found that it puts me at ease and I no longer stress about confirmations, keeping up with clients schedule for services, I am able to get deposits, clients can book themselves according to the availability that have, I can offer specials/discounts and know that they are not only sent to clients but announced on the site. Using Vagaro has definitely help making marketing much easier.

Pros

The Vagaro Software is very easy to use and has a video tutorial option for anything you aren't sure about as well as customer service persons on hand. After reviewing and researching multiple programs I decided to give Vagaro a try because they have excellent reviews, extensive options for all areas of business that allows for growth, reports to follow sales patterns, customization for services and sales, free software for credit card charges when you sign up for services and so much more. Best of all, it won't break the bank and they continuously offer suggestions on how to increase sales and bring in more clients.

Cons

There aren't really any cons that I haven't been able to get help with via tutorial videos. If anything, there are so many options that I haven't learned everything the system can do after nearly 6 months. I feel like the system lags sometimes, but I cannot say for sure if it's the system or my connections.

Workplace from Meta, Booker and Acuity Scheduling

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

Easier and more creative marketing options, expansion options, better value

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

Ease of scheduling, rescheduling, canceling without having to contact us, ability to customize the system for my business, flexibility in booking, adding and removing services, ease of payment processing and collection of deposit for services.

Response from Vagaro

Hi Kyesolyn, thank you so much for your kind feedback. We greatly appreciate it and are so happy to have you as a Business on Vagaro!

Christy

• Customer Support Software

I love the format of the software

Reviewed on 2020-03-26

I love that I do not need other services like Demand Force or Square for invoices and Gift Card Sales when using Vagaro. I can now customize Vargaro to do the same things in 1 software and in 1 payment per month!

Pros

I love that the software is able to customized to my salon company needs. I love the email and text message marketing. I am still learning the program and all the add on services available. This month my 2 favorite features have been the invoice capability to be able to sell products to our clients while shut down for 30 days and then the ability to email & text clients of the current status of the salon closure.

Cons

Reports are either not as detailed as I need or trying to pull collected information. For example, I wish I could pull a list of new clients who visited our company last month. I also wish I could mas tag a group of clients like tag all customers who bought "Color and haircut" or a specific product. Ability to mass tag would give my more marketing power as I listed in what I love most about the software.

Envision Salon & Spa and Meevo

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

Envision Cloud does not have a protected IP at it's lowest tier price!

Envision Salon & Spa

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

The biggest reason was the low cost and the protected IP.

Response from Vagaro

Hi Christy, thank you for sharing your feedback. Feedback like this helps us make our software even better, so thank you for taking the time to let us know what you love!

Caitlyn

Recommend

Reviewed on 2020-05-15

Vagaro helps me organize all of my forms, treatment notes, and private yoga notes all in one safe place.

Pros

I use this software to manage my yoga and massage business. It is a very affordable option that offers the same features as other software for less than half the price. I've turned several friends on to this software and they all agree it is easy to use and easy on the wallet.

Cons

Most of my qualms with this software have been updated and fixed! They are constantly adding to the capabilities.

Mindbody, WellnessLiving and Square Appointments

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

Mindbody was incredibly pricey, not as user friendly according to staff, and doesn't have as many integration options.

Mindbody

Response from Vagaro

Hi Caitlyn, thank you so much for your feedback. We greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with our Software. Thanks for being a Vagaro Business!

Benjamin

• Customer Support Software

Exactly what I was looking for

Reviewed on 2020-09-10

Before Vagaro, we had one system for point of sale, one system for booking and a third for customer information management. We wanted a system that would do all of that and move our business to the next level. Vagaro was the answer to that, bar none.
To have everything in one software package eliminates errors we were making when entering in things in multiple places previously. The reporting is top notch and the ability to access everything remotely from our phones and see appointments and transactions in real-time is a great benefit.

Pros

We were looking for one single system that could do everything for our business. Point of sale, booking, inventory, online booking, excellent reporting, custom forms, email/text marketing, etc. Vagaro has it all. It's one complete package that we can access remotely and via our phones at any time.

Cons

While this software was made mostly for Salons with numerous Stylists (Service Providers), it took a big of tweaking and being creative when setting it up for us. With us being a Sauna Studio, clients don't book people, they book actual rooms. There was a little bit of a learning curve on how to set that up properly but it works brilliantly now. I wish there was a little more customization on some deep settings, but all in all, I can't complain at all.

ZENOTI

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

We wanted one program to do everything, and after researching Vagaro and trying the Free Trial, it was absolutely what we wanted...and more.

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

Zenoti was way, way too expensive for a small business such as us and YoureOnTime didn't offer recurring payments (for memberships). They look to be great products (especially YoureOnTime), but they just didn't fit our needs 100%.

Response from Vagaro

Hi Benjamin, thank you so much for your feedback! We greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with our Software. Thanks for being a Vagaro Business!

Amanda

We love Vagaro

Reviewed on 2020-12-09

It's been grea; however, getting on with customer service has been a problem, which is understandable. With Mindbody the tech was able to pop on my computer screen to help, which convenient and sometimes easier than trying to explain a situation to the tech they can see what or who you are looking at.

Pros

It's user friendly, for both the studio and client. Being small business owner, the cost of services is saving me so much. Wish I would have made the switch long ago. I like that we have different options for packages an d services.

Cons

Wish there was an easier way to checkout a clients for multiple days. Often times when I back to reconcile accounts, it would be nice to do one client and reconcile with a drop box check-out in one place for multiple days.

Response from Vagaro

Hi Amanda, thank you for sharing your feedback. Feedback like this helps us make our software even better, so thank you for taking the time to let us know what you love!

Elizabeth

Easy to setup and use

Reviewed on 2021-01-17

Pros

Very affordable for a small business/sole-proprietor. Easy to use, they have videos that show you how to set things up. You can create your own forms or use stock ones they have. The booking site works so much better than SquareUp and doesn't have random maintenance for no reason. Also, WAY cheaper than Mindbody.

Cons

As a massage therapist, I have many clients that want to book extras with their sessions, like aromatherapy. Vagaro doesn't allow for an extra to be added, so I have to book them as a separate appointment then make it a double booking.

Mindbody, MassageBook, Schedulicity and Noterro

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

Square had JUST started to offer forms for clients to fill out, and because they just released that feature, it was in a terrible state. First time clients needed to fill out AT LEAST 4 forms, sometimes up to 6 depending on what they were coming in for. Square would have me send each of those forms out individually. So a first time client would receive not only the booking email and reminder email, but 4 separate emails for paperwork. Who has time for that?!

Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

All the other products were missing a component I was wanting. Some didn't have a good booking site. Some didn't include a POS system. Some were just too expensive. Vagaro was the most similar to Square, but better.

Response from Vagaro

Hi Elizabeth, thank you for sharing your feedback. Feedback like this helps us make our software even better, so thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think!

Tatiyana

• Customer Support Software

Everything you need to know about Vagaro

Reviewed on 2021-03-10

Overall I am getting used to it. Vagaro is like driving a stock car. I think they can use some improvements that will make the world of difference. Everytime I call customer service I learn of a secret "work around" that seems like it should just be included in the feature. I do not dislike the software I just know there are some major improvements that can be made to make this software so much better.

Pros

What I like the most about Vagaro is the user friendly mobile app. I like how easy it is for clients to receive text confirmations and book on the mobile app within a few clicks. I also like the fact that I trust the email system sending emails out successfully. Other email marketing softwares I have used seem less successful in reaching the customers inbox.

Cons

The overall navigation of the site on the business end. Its alot of clicking around. The windows are hard to find. The search menu is annoying. If you are working in one window then have to edit something else you cannot continue or modify the edit within the same window you must leave that window enter another page then come back. Its too much back and forth for no reason. I do not like the reporting I think that could use alot of improvement. I do not like how I feel lost within Vagaro alot of times I find myself staring at the screen thinking "where do I go?" "How can I find this info?" These are not huge changes but I think with a few adjustment Vagaro's business user side can be more user friendly. Con: Marketing tool difficult to use. Con: when booking with multiple employees does not show all screens must click the name every time. Con: IOU feature, autopayments, editing packages and memberships for past and future sessions and costs.

Booker, Rosy and Square Appointments

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

The last one I was with was Mindbody. After the pandemic I found that Mindbody was failing as a company. Their customer service plummeted and I did not feel like I was paying for that quality anylonger. The merchant fees were outrageously expensive. The quality of the software was not the same and I was no longer happy with their service.

Mindbody and Schedulicity

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

Cost! It looked good for the price. It was pretty straight forward and seemed like it had all the features I was looking for when I made the switch.

Response from Vagaro

Hello, we just wanted to say thank you so much for your feedback. We hope that you are enjoying our software and are happy to help any time you have questions. You can also reference our help site at support.vagaro.com which has many articles with step by step instructions. Thank you!

Julie

Awful booking system

Reviewed on 2022-04-06

Overall I would never recommend! It’s slow, buggy and the features do not outweigh how it bogs down your business and create lines up front because checking out is such a problem.

Pros

The only thing I like about Vagaro was cancelling. I miss a few features versus our new system, but overall the system does not have a lot of pros besides being able to color code services.

Cons

The software itself is slow, buggy and we had multiple problems with it. After repeated calls to customer service they blamed it on our internet service which I upgraded with no change. I called back and they blamed my computer, to which I upgraded memory to make the computer faster. I continued to have issues. We just cancelled in January and they continue to bill me monthly, even after repeated attempts to get them to stop. Customer service takes an hour to get through to a person and they are not helpful.

Square Appointments

Booker

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

I wish I hadn’t. I now have square and though all the features aren’t 100% how I’d want them I pay less and I process a credit card in seconds and jump from day to day with ease!

Response from Vagaro

Hello Julie. We are sorry to hear about your experience. We are committed to providing excellent customer service and sincerely apologize if that was not your experience. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to reach out to us by emailing [email protected]

Elise

• Customer Support Software

Vagaro is a key component to my small business.

Reviewed on 2023-06-24

Overall Vagaro is a great system that helps my small business run smoothly. And I love how easy customer service is to get a hold of.

Pros

I have been using Vagaro for almost 6 years and still love it! As a small business owner is it challenging to juggle all roles of a business; owner, service provider, secretary ,customer service, book keeper, etc. Vagaro really helps in taking a lot of the day to day operations off my shoulders. The online booking and appointment reminders are amazing and save me so much valuable time! And having access to my business data at just the click of a button is amazing.

Cons

One of my least favorite features is having to pay a swipe fee for each credit card transaction on top of my monthly fee. And paying extra to utilize other features such as online gift card purchasing. It would be nice if everything was one flat fee each month.

Square Payments and Acuity Scheduling

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

Vagaro has better customer service and is easier to operate.
Cassandra

• Customer Support Software

Vagaro has been in business 9 years?!

Reviewed on 2019-03-30

Even though Vagaro is an improvement in a lot of ways compared to what we had, I wouldn't recommend it to another salt therapy spa. You say you are a salon and spa software. We operate a lot like a massage spa does, but your software does not function well for our needs.

Please make the following changes:
Allow for relationships between members
Allow for a membership to be shared with others, where on person pays for it
Allow employees who use the Vagaro system to also use the same email to be a client somewhere else.
Allow recurring scheduling for classes to be unlimited
Allow the business owner/manager to make the decision of what Vagaro permissions they give to their
employees
Make merging profiles easy
Keep duplicate profiles from happening for no reason

Pros

I own a salt therapy spa. The color coded calendar is really nice. It is easy to book clients into classes and appointments. Checking clients out is not perfect, but ok most of the time).

I will put the rest of my complaints here, since it limits characters in the Cons. Clients cannot use the same email if they have used another Vagaro merchant. Families also can't use the same email on different profiles.

We have a client who has been with us for over a year. She recently went to work for a massage therapist who uses Vagaro. Now, we are locked out of her account and cannot even change to a different email she gave us. The answer from Vagaro was to have her use our work computer to sign into her employee Vagaro account and make changes on our system. When I told tech support that is unprofessional and ridiculous to have my clients making changes to their account on our system, I was told that's not unprofessional at all. Uhm! Yes it is. I asked to speak to a Vagaro manager, was told they don't work on the weekends and that I couldn't leave a message to get a call back. I was told I would be responsible for calling back myself.
I am also not happy that I cannot give permissions to my employees that I need them to have. I need them to be able to upload excel sheets for certain things. That is only a manager permission. What's going to happen when I open other locations? I pay employees to get things off my plate so I can run my business.

Cons

I don't think this system is good for a business with several employees.

I do not like that we can not make family relationships. We sell family memberships and need for one person (usually the parent) to sign everyone out under the one membership. However, the way it is set up, we check the parent out and the have to comp the kids. That makes it look like we do a lot of comping of sessions. It makes me wonder how a fitness facility using Vagaro does their family memberships?

Scheduling a client for a recurring class is also not very friendly. You can only schedule them for 20 classes and no more. I have clients that come 3 times a week faithfully. There is no way for a reminder to add them back in. However, you can book recurring appointments forever. It should be consistent for classes as well.

We have had trouble with client profiles duplicating themselves. We can't figure out why that happens. Then, merging the clients is a problem. Half the time we try to do that, it doesn't let us, because it says they are the same person.....very confusing and difficult to deal with.

I'm not totally happen with the merchant processing. On more than one occasion, we've had clients try to pay for services or retail with a gift card they got. When we try to use it, it won't process. The answer that we got from Vagaro is that about 50% of the time, the merchant bank doesn't allow certain gift cards to be used. As a small business owner, that is very embarrassing.

Amber

Salon Owner

Reviewed on 2023-02-21

I am happy using this for our salon booking system and calendar.

I am happy using this for our salon booking system and calendar.

Pros

I love the price and simplicity of booking salon services with the appointment reminder texts it sends on my behalf there are little to no no shows. It also allows double booking and online booking if you choose to use that feature.

Cons

I struggle to get the register and printer/credit card reader to sync and have called customer service a few times over the years. For some reason it doesn’t work like it should. I’m always using my square credit card reader as a backup and the key to open the register for change.

Schedulicity

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

Price was extremely higher.

Mindbody
Kimberly

The Ultimate Business Companion for Salon Pros

Reviewed on 2023-10-04

Vagaro has been an absolute game-changer for me and my business. Its accessibility, user-friendliness, top-notch customer support, and valuable tutorials have made it an indispensable tool in my day-to-day operations. Whether you're a seasoned professional or just starting out, I highly recommend giving Vagaro a try – it's a game-changer for anyone in the service industry.

Pros

One of the standout features of Vagaro is its incredible accessibility. Whether I'm at home or on the road, I can effortlessly access my calendar and see my entire schedule at a glance. The platform is super easy to navigate, making it a breeze to set up appointments, manage client information, and handle all aspects of my business. And if ever I do run into a hurdle, their customer service team is there to assist. Vagaro offers an extensive library of tutorials that have been incredibly helpful in mastering the platform. These tutorials cover a wide range of topics and have been like a personal guide, helping me make the most out of Vagaro's features. Another feature I've especially come to appreciate is Vagaro's credit card processing service. It's seamless and efficient, making it an excellent option to collect deposits from new clients. It not only simplifies the payment process but also adds a layer of professionalism to my business. This online booking platform has truly transformed the way I manage my business.

Cons

The functionality of this software and app fit my needs as a salon owner, but if I had to share anything that could be perceived as a negative, it would have to be that the software itself could be aesthetically better and I wish clocking in & out via the app was easier.