MemberPlanet

Joan
  • Used for 2+ years

School Registration Packet

Reviewed on 7/2/2019

Positive, smooth collection of money.

Pros

It simplified our registration process for purchases and information distribution.

Cons

I am comfortable with the software but I do not use regularly so I need support from the help desk.
Wish there was a better way to remind users on their credit card of the MP charge as often they think it is a fraud and put forth a dispute.

Michelle
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great solution!

Reviewed on 12/6/2016

Member Planet offers an exceptional platform to manage membership, events, surveys and all for a great price! - Not to mention the amazing customer support it offers.

Pros

Easy to use, all sorts of add-ons in one product, exceptional customer support, great price.

Cons

some of the features need tutorials (which just means its feature rich - and not necessarily a "con")

Deb

After 7 months... disappointed

Reviewed on 1/11/2018

After trying very, very hard to make this software work for our group, we are giving up.

Pros

Inexpensive. Able to use PayPal or memberplanet for processing payments. Have a pretty good templates to use for creating donation campaigns and emails. Was relatively easy to upload contact information. Easy to access chat support.

Cons

They do not have the ability to create distribution lists (segmented lists) of contacts/members from within the software. It requires exporting all your data, sorting in excel, then uploading again. Tech support is uneven; got different advice from different people, and they are not available on weekends, holidays, etc. Also, they are very stuck on their own custom fields. Many of our members found it difficult to navigate. Also, the email responses were not always customizable, which led to numerous misunderstandings when we would send out "invitations" to create or update profiles.

Valerie

Perfect for Management and Marketing of 80+ Clients

Reviewed on 4/1/2015

On a weekly, sometimes daily basis, we require some form of communications with our retail community here at the shopping center. MemberPlanet has made this process super easy and efficient to be able to do so and make sure that our communications are getting in the appropriate manager hands. It's user friendly platform allows customization so that retailer managers know when the memo is urgent and needs immediate attention or when we are simply sending out our quarterly newsletters and other promotional opportunities. It's also very helpful because retailers can respond to content easily and quickly, and those responses are all returned to management in one format and one place. From a marketing standpoint this is critical especially when managing 80+ retail accounts when retailers have marketing materials to report on a daily basis. From new developments to promotions, community updates to management memos this platform is perfect especially because I'm able to track who's opened the message to ensure and prove managers have receive the message. Easiest and best program I've used in my 10 years managing and marketing in the real estate/retail industry.

Trycennia

• Customer Support Software

I love MemberPlanet it's a great tool.

Reviewed on 3/23/2018

Pros

That you can export your spreadsheets out of the system to excel, you can sort within the system, you can view payments by each form that you have created, you can sort by date range. there are so many pros I just can't list them all.

Cons

Company is unable to send you an auto-renewal email. This goes to the company not really a software issue.

La'Kitha
  • Used for 2+ years

• Customer Support Software

I love MemberPlanet. It was extremely helpful when we planned our 40th Anniversary Celebration...

Reviewed on 3/23/2018

Pros

It is very user-friendly! I also love the communication piece as registration is completed, fees paid, etc.

Cons

It is a great software. However, there were a few members that had concern about convenience fees when making payments. It was explained to them that you can charge the group the fees or the customer. Some decided to just use the mail in option, but the majority used the software.

Jennifer

• Customer Support Software

Best decision for a small organization

Reviewed on 3/24/2017

I run a small organization comprising between 100-200 members and I needed a cost effective membership platform that could provide turnkey administrative support. MemberPlanet provides everything we need and more. What I love the most, is the customer service. As soon as I subscribed, I immediately received a phone call and email from a MemberPlanet representative. They took the liberty to setup certain functions to help me promptly launch the site to my members. Their fast and helpful service has super exceeded my expectations.

Pros

Customer service and easy to use templates

Cons

Template customization - should be easier to customize

Adam

Fantasy Football- The Money League

Reviewed on 4/7/2015

I have been Commissioner of The Money League( Fantasy Football League) for the past four NFL Seasons. It is a highly competitive league that generates lots of dollars and regular pay outs. The first two seasons were chaotic featuring many arguments, missed payments and feelings hurt. For a second, I didn't believe that our league would last and then a friend told me about MemberPlanet. I did some research, read some reviews and instantly signed up. The first season could not have gone smoother, actually generating more league revenue due to the increased trust with cash handling. Believe it or not, It's easier, mentally at least to send your money to an account as opposed to a designated cash handler (usually a member of the league that nobody trust) even if you are paying a slight tax. The second season triumphed the first tenfold with the league almost doubling the previous years revenue. Its easy for me to say that while providing world class customer service to my co-members and I, MemberPlanet has secured, simplified, satisfied and stabilized The Money League for seasons to come.

Nick

• Customer Support Software

love collecting donations on the go

Reviewed on 4/1/2015

I am currently the leader of a service group named Hockey for Health which consists of 10 individuals derived from my club hockey team. Our goal is to fundraise over $30,000 to travel to South America to aid the less fortunate. Throughout a 2 year period through fundraising events, reaching out to different communities, and sending mail/email campaigns. In order to reach our goal, we needed a platform that allows us to raise funds, set-up events, create event registration forms, and send newsletters. Memberplanet has all of the features we need and more. I can simply set up a donation campaign and share it with the world in less than 5 minutes. Also, MemberPlanet allows users to create supporter pages which gives others the ability to create their own donation page to assist us in raising funds. This is great because it allows us to effectively reach more people. Let's not forget that you can even collect donations on the go with the mobile app. MemberPlanet is the way to go if you are looking to maximize donations and outreach.

Dawn

Love MP

Reviewed on 3/30/2015

I have used Member Planet for several years and love it. As a back end user it is simple to set up the forms, customer service is easy to work with if you have questions and our parents love the ease on their end. We have gone virtually paperless now from a registration that just 4 years ago used about 20 pieces of paper per family.

Throughout the school year we have a variety of occasions that we are able to use the platform from carnival to RSVPs on events. All of it is simple to build and the parents agree that they prefer the ease of one click to returning paper forms.

Weekly we use the communication feature for our newsletter and our parents are up to date on what's happening at the school. Before Member Planet it was hit and miss; now we know exactly who gets our emails and who is opening them.

I highly recommend the transition for any school. It is a great investment in the short time it takes to get to know the platform and the cost of doing business is nominal compared to the return in parent participation.

Patricia

I'm really amazed at the many features MemberPlanet has to offer

Reviewed on 3/21/2018

Pros

I like the ability I have being able to create different templates to my liking. Awesome software that memberplanet has available to users. Representative is very helpful when needed. I can call her up anytime of the day and she is willing to assist me with any troubleshooting I need. Her assistance make the program feel more user friendly.

Cheri

Everything we need!

Reviewed on 4/2/2015

Kudos to your developers for designing a product that is all-in-one. I am involved with a small non-profit with a small but growing membership. We've reached the stage where we need to be a lot more in touch with our membership. Being able to send emails, email blasts, newsletters, have distribution lists etc. all in one place that is SO easy to use - slight learning curve- is fantastic. We can link to our website, connect with Facebook, Twitter, etc. and take membership payments online and have them connect to our account.
Any questions that were not answered in the support database were answered by phone by Patrick who was fantastic. [ Thank you Patrick!]
For those of us who have worked with contact management systems this is very easy and for those who haven't it's a very easy way to get started.
This is a very affordable product for small groups that want to be able to do big things to grow their membership.

Ihsaan

• Customer Support Software

The User Interface requires a bit of a learning curve, but it's definitely worth it.

Reviewed on 12/21/2016

I'm a Branding & Marketing Communications consultant and I regularly use MemberPlanet for one of my nonprofit client's email marketing and membership management. The aspects of MemberPlanet that I utilize most often in this role are email marketing campaign implementation/tracking, member management/segmentation, and event promotion. I initially found MemberPlanet to be a bit counter-intuitive in the sense that you definitely have to look at their support videos and pages to understand how to do things. It's a very feature rich software, so the layout is not always obvious. That being said, customer support is A+ quality and the training resources they make available to you are second to none. So as I said, there is a learning curve, if you can be patient with it, you'll find yourself with a feature rich membership management solution.

Jerry

We have been using the Memberplanet software for over 2 years

Reviewed on 4/14/2015

The ATO Delta Omicron Chapter at Drake were faced with undaunting task of recolonization of the ATO charter after a 26 year of absence at the University. We needed to develop a method of communicating, receiving feedback, and collecting donations for the recruitment of young men at Drake's campus. Memeberplanet offered the tools to reach the ATO Drake Alumni
/ Friends and have them involved in the process of returning the charter. Last week we were notified by the ATO Headquarters the return of the ATO Delta Omicron Charter. The alumni and colony members could not have accomplished this task without Memberplanet and the platforms they provided. We knew which contingencies were being contacted and for the contingencies it made it easy to communicate and contribute to the fund raising campaign. Thank you Jerry Allen ATO Delta Omicron Alumni President

Chrischeryl

• Customer Support Software

It has transformed our organization

Reviewed on 3/15/2018

Pros

The ease of use, tracking of members and financial tools have changed how we operate. The financial tool has made our banking much easier.

Cons

If there was anything I would improve would be the mobile features. I would like to do more as an admin from my device.

Molly

• Customer Support Software

Allows members to be connected and simplifies communication.

Reviewed on 4/7/2015

MemberPlanet has become a tool I can not live without as an advisor. It has made it possible for me to communicate with the 18 collegiate members I advise in a manner that is easy to use and track. Sending emails is a snap using the template I created for my group. The ability to send text messages to those I advise has proven effective in helping collegiate officers complete tasks related to their position. The best part is being able to choose when my emails and texts are delivered, meaning I can plan in advance when to send important reminders. I am also able to create links to important documents used by the members I advise so they have one place to go for all of the information they need. I recommend MemberPlanet to any organization who needs an effective communication tool for members.

Lisa
  • Used for 1-5 months

• Customer Support Software

Wish I found this site earlier

Reviewed on 2/8/2018

You are crazy not to use MP - why in the world would you throw your hard earned money at these other sites who charge ridiculous set up costs and ala carte options? I also found other sites do not give you full control - MP is the real deal

Pros

MP has no limits or rate changes based on the number of members; the ONLY site that allows me to create fully customized paid events with different dining options; don’t be fooled just because it’s an inexpensive site - it is fully loaded with all the bells & whistles of the over priced sites! No hidden costs; no need for costly mandatory training, no set-up fees - this is a turn-key site that you will have up & operating in no time! Superior customer service; members have control over with their own privacy settings. No limits on admins

Jesabel

• Customer Support Software

This is a great software for non profit organizations. Loved all the features!

Reviewed on 2/24/2016

Pros: task and role assignments; great costumer service; when you add an event it creates a specific website; members can download member planet's app and check the group feed, events and photos from there; great to communicate with members through broadcast and email. Members already have assigned an ID and they can access their membership card from either the app or profile! You can have several administrators and can create surveys too.

Cons: Website sometimes crashes and you have to get in multiple times until it works again; there is no video tutorial for member level; calendar view of events is not available; member database (and member profile) is a bit difficult to navigate and it takes to time to get used to it.

Samantha

• Customer Support Software

Customer Service is what makes this company a win!

Reviewed on 6/4/2015

I started looking at MemberPlanet for an Alumni Association first due to its advertised features and its price. I ran into a problem figuring out how to integrate a portion of what they do onto our existing external website and a woman from the design team/customer service spent a significant amount of time fixing the problem for me. At the point that I received this help, we were only utilizing the free features of MemberPlanet. The phenomenal customer service didn't stop there. I was on the fence about using MemberPlanet for my organization, but after working with some of their team, I was 100% confident that MemberPlanet was the right choice and that I will have help and support if I need it going forward.

Joanna

Request #'s 20552 and 20558

Reviewed on 7/29/2015

I worked with Nichole Carrington via email on Tuesday 7/28, and this morning, 7/29, on the phone.
Nichole was a pleasure to work with, and knew exactly how to fix the issues that I had. She quickly and easily set up a join.me window so I could see how she was making corrections. I am a visual learner, so that was perfect. I just started to use MemberPlanet since we had our Convention in Chicago last month.
I feel more confident using MemberPlanet now, and will continue the learning with the links Nichole sent me - the Pi Beta Phi Success Site, and the View Who's Paid Dues site. It's amazing to work with something so specifically tailored to Pi Beta Phi.
She's great, and I wanted to let you know!

Matt

• Customer Support Software

Excellent online tools! Our association has really grown by using this powerful product!

Reviewed on 3/26/2015

Our association was struggling with managing our member database and being able to use one online technology to focus on our day-to-day operations. Then we were introduced to MemberPlanet through a partnership with our national organization and all our problems were solved. Since moving over to MemberPlanet we have seen an increase in alumni engagement through dues collection, donations, event attendance, email communication and overall growth by providing an easy way for our alumni to stay involved. Best of all...it was easy to implement and is simple to use. The customer service experience really helped us hit the ground running and is always quick to respond whenever we need help.

Alexa

Greg Beilstein is great!

Reviewed on 2/22/2017

Even though we have yet to get our MP database completely up and running, Customer representative has been an amazing person to work with! He has taken the time to think outside of the box and help us mold MP into what we need it to be! He has made this lengthy process as easy as possible for us and is always willing to schedule a call to answer questions or walk us through something we don't understand. Truly a gem in customer service! Thank you!

Pros

Ability to add multiple layers for banking, donations, states, national, etc. Plus, profiles for all members and forums.

Cons

We cannot remove maiden name and under gender we can only list male, female and other. Gender is man or woman, SEX is female or male! This is important!

Georgeo

Perfect for our clients!

Reviewed on 4/9/2015

If you are looking for a platform that can give your business efficiency, results, and great support then MemberPlanet for you. We use the event module for virtual event allowing us to engage our clients in a unique and creative way while maintaining our brand! The broadcast/email/text function is awesome, by sending a text I know for sure people are seeing latest promotions and products! Another plus is that they do not charge a fee for the amount of people in your organization, The fact that we can add as many clients as we want definitely separates MemberPlanet from the rest of the platforms we tested out.

Melissa

• Customer Support Software

Holy Moly, They've Got It All!

Reviewed on 4/7/2015

MemberPlanet is an extremely easy to use platform that has unmatchable tools. Period. It certainly is a one-stop shop for all communication - from group texting to mass emailing, fundraising & payment collection, membership & event management tools.

Our Church Leadership is beyond satisfied with the increased level of success & participation that we've been able to achieve amongst our various ministries. If you're looking for a quick, easy, and helpful solution for strengthening your group, then MemberPlanet is for you. We highly recommend this system to all other churches and growing organizations!

Stuar

First time user

Reviewed on 3/5/2016

Through a series of events, I "stumbled" upon Member Planet. Wow what a difference it made. I am NOT someone who works with databases or membership lists. When I first looked at the dashboard I was extremely intimidated and almost moved on. However, after looking at it I thought I would just do some exploration....lo and behold, it began to make sense and was very intuitive to set up. I was so excited with my find I shared it with the Secretaries of a couple of clubs I am a part of and they also joined the "Planet." Great tool.