MemberPlanet Reviews

4.8/5

Kim

Zealous Exceptional Terrific Awesome

Reviewed on 2018-03-20

Pros

It is a great technical tool that reaches all areas of knowledge. The customer care team were a huge help and they reach out to individuals. It has versatility of use.

Cons

I would enjoy a way to create more information into the forms without them being long. When creating a form that requires input for a group it would be a great feature to have spaces to input the data at one time. Also when you retrieve data it would be great to have an option to format your report

Nicole

• Customer Support Software

Best Customer Service... EVER!!!

Reviewed on 2015-12-04

I was tasked by my employer to build an alumni/fundraising site using Member Planet. I actually had never heard of it and was a little ambivalent about, not only the service, but the project as a whole because I already had a lot on my plate. The time frame I was given to complete this undertaking was truncated and there was a lot to learn. But, the Member Planet Team was amazing in every sense of the word. Not only did they assist me by thoroughly walking me through the functionality of services pertinent to our organization's goals, they made recommendations based on the experiences of current customers, AND they helped me plan the entire project start to finish. They are so kind, patient and thorough... I became an instant fan of Member Planet.

The wow factor increased exponentially with Christopher, Patrick and Greg, all staying in constant contact touching base with me through the process of building our site... and even went several steps further when I was unexpectedly hospitalized (so progress was not interrupted). These guys blew me away going above and beyond the scope of services defined in our plan (Pro). I cannot adequately put into words how awesome the experience has been working with them.

Deb

After 7 months... disappointed

Reviewed on 2018-01-11

After trying very, very hard to make this software work for our group, we are giving up.

Pros

Inexpensive. Able to use PayPal or memberplanet for processing payments. Have a pretty good templates to use for creating donation campaigns and emails. Was relatively easy to upload contact information. Easy to access chat support.

Cons

They do not have the ability to create distribution lists (segmented lists) of contacts/members from within the software. It requires exporting all your data, sorting in excel, then uploading again. Tech support is uneven; got different advice from different people, and they are not available on weekends, holidays, etc. Also, they are very stuck on their own custom fields. Many of our members found it difficult to navigate. Also, the email responses were not always customizable, which led to numerous misunderstandings when we would send out "invitations" to create or update profiles.

Joan

School Registration Packet

Reviewed on 2019-07-02

Positive, smooth collection of money.

Positive, smooth collection of money.

Pros

It simplified our registration process for purchases and information distribution.

Cons

I am comfortable with the software but I do not use regularly so I need support from the help desk.
Wish there was a better way to remind users on their credit card of the MP charge as often they think it is a fraud and put forth a dispute.

Valerie

Perfect for Management and Marketing of 80+ Clients

Reviewed on 2015-04-01

On a weekly, sometimes daily basis, we require some form of communications with our retail community here at the shopping center. MemberPlanet has made this process super easy and efficient to be able to do so and make sure that our communications are getting in the appropriate manager hands. It's user friendly platform allows customization so that retailer managers know when the memo is urgent and needs immediate attention or when we are simply sending out our quarterly newsletters and other promotional opportunities. It's also very helpful because retailers can respond to content easily and quickly, and those responses are all returned to management in one format and one place. From a marketing standpoint this is critical especially when managing 80+ retail accounts when retailers have marketing materials to report on a daily basis. From new developments to promotions, community updates to management memos this platform is perfect especially because I'm able to track who's opened the message to ensure and prove managers have receive the message. Easiest and best program I've used in my 10 years managing and marketing in the real estate/retail industry.

La'Kitha

• Customer Support Software

I love MemberPlanet. It was extremely helpful when we planned our 40th Anniversary Celebration...

Reviewed on 2018-03-23

Pros

It is very user-friendly! I also love the communication piece as registration is completed, fees paid, etc.

Cons

It is a great software. However, there were a few members that had concern about convenience fees when making payments. It was explained to them that you can charge the group the fees or the customer. Some decided to just use the mail in option, but the majority used the software.

Michelle
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Great solution!

Reviewed on 2016-12-06

Member Planet offers an exceptional platform to manage membership, events, surveys and all for a great price! - Not to mention the amazing customer support it offers.

Pros

Easy to use, all sorts of add-ons in one product, exceptional customer support, great price.

Cons

some of the features need tutorials (which just means its feature rich - and not necessarily a "con")

Adam

Fantasy Football- The Money League

Reviewed on 2015-04-07

I have been Commissioner of The Money League( Fantasy Football League) for the past four NFL Seasons. It is a highly competitive league that generates lots of dollars and regular pay outs. The first two seasons were chaotic featuring many arguments, missed payments and feelings hurt. For a second, I didn't believe that our league would last and then a friend told me about MemberPlanet. I did some research, read some reviews and instantly signed up. The first season could not have gone smoother, actually generating more league revenue due to the increased trust with cash handling. Believe it or not, It's easier, mentally at least to send your money to an account as opposed to a designated cash handler (usually a member of the league that nobody trust) even if you are paying a slight tax. The second season triumphed the first tenfold with the league almost doubling the previous years revenue. Its easy for me to say that while providing world class customer service to my co-members and I, MemberPlanet has secured, simplified, satisfied and stabilized The Money League for seasons to come.

Justin
Justin
  • Industry: Environmental Services
  • Used for 1-5 months

A simple, low cost solution to manage your membership

Reviewed on 2018-10-03

Overall, it was a good experience but we decided to go with a solution that was more commonly known and more user friendly.

Pros

I like how it is fully comprehensive membership solution. They have thought of everything.

Cons

The interface appears outdated. It is a little clunky. We ended up using Salesforce to fill our needs.

Response from memberplanet

Thanks for your review Justin!

We do our best to provide an all-encompassing solution for easy membership management. Our platform is constantly evolving based on our clients¿ needs and we will take your feedback into consideration as we continue to update our interface. memberplanet is an all-in-one platform that allows groups to manage members and engage with supporters to promote growth.

While Salesforce CRM is useful for developing relationships with your company¿s customers, our AMS services instead provide you with membership tools to strengthen and facilitate relationships with both your existing or prospective members. We wish you the best of luck as you pursue your business development goals, and should you need membership services in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out to us!

• Customer Support Software

Once stop place for managing surveys & email campaigns

Reviewed on 2019-04-03

We use it for managing email campaigns, surveys, donations and reporting.

We use it for managing email campaigns, surveys, donations and reporting.

Pros

Live reporting, group texting features are really cool.
Sending newsletter is really easy with this tool.

Cons

I don't have any issues with this tool as of now

Nick

• Customer Support Software

love collecting donations on the go

Reviewed on 2015-04-01

I am currently the leader of a service group named Hockey for Health which consists of 10 individuals derived from my club hockey team. Our goal is to fundraise over $30,000 to travel to South America to aid the less fortunate. Throughout a 2 year period through fundraising events, reaching out to different communities, and sending mail/email campaigns. In order to reach our goal, we needed a platform that allows us to raise funds, set-up events, create event registration forms, and send newsletters. Memberplanet has all of the features we need and more. I can simply set up a donation campaign and share it with the world in less than 5 minutes. Also, MemberPlanet allows users to create supporter pages which gives others the ability to create their own donation page to assist us in raising funds. This is great because it allows us to effectively reach more people. Let's not forget that you can even collect donations on the go with the mobile app. MemberPlanet is the way to go if you are looking to maximize donations and outreach.

Angelynn

• Customer Support Software

I like using memberplanet. It allows me to reach people that I normally would not .

Reviewed on 2018-03-21

Pros

convenience that it offers. We use if for collecting dues and planning events. Tickets may also be purchased.

Cons

I like hands using hands on manuals for easy of reading and help when needed. Sometimes I don't think it is as user friendly as it should be.

Jennifer

• Customer Support Software

Best decision for a small organization

Reviewed on 2017-03-24

I run a small organization comprising between 100-200 members and I needed a cost effective membership platform that could provide turnkey administrative support. MemberPlanet provides everything we need and more. What I love the most, is the customer service. As soon as I subscribed, I immediately received a phone call and email from a MemberPlanet representative. They took the liberty to setup certain functions to help me promptly launch the site to my members. Their fast and helpful service has super exceeded my expectations.

Pros

Customer service and easy to use templates

Cons

Template customization - should be easier to customize

David
  • Industry: Fine Art

Easy Solution

Reviewed on 2018-03-24

Pros

Membership management is made easy with MP. This cloud system is filled with options for membership administration and marketing programs to assist in renewals and acquisition. The system also allows for one touch App creation to give members a mobile solution to managing their membrship. I recently used MP as a solid solution for a client who is a charitable association. The decision to implement MP was made due to the ease of setup and ongoing management seeing that the association was volunteer run.

Cons

The user interface was outdated aesthetically and it appears they have recently updated the interface. So this may not be a concern much anymore. As with any membership platform pricing and functionality is subjective so know what you need before you look and I think you will find MP to be a great solution.

Ihsaan

• Customer Support Software

The User Interface requires a bit of a learning curve, but it's definitely worth it.

Reviewed on 2016-12-21

I'm a Branding & Marketing Communications consultant and I regularly use MemberPlanet for one of my nonprofit client's email marketing and membership management. The aspects of MemberPlanet that I utilize most often in this role are email marketing campaign implementation/tracking, member management/segmentation, and event promotion. I initially found MemberPlanet to be a bit counter-intuitive in the sense that you definitely have to look at their support videos and pages to understand how to do things. It's a very feature rich software, so the layout is not always obvious. That being said, customer support is A+ quality and the training resources they make available to you are second to none. So as I said, there is a learning curve, if you can be patient with it, you'll find yourself with a feature rich membership management solution.

Jerry

We have been using the Memberplanet software for over 2 years

Reviewed on 2015-04-14

The ATO Delta Omicron Chapter at Drake were faced with undaunting task of recolonization of the ATO charter after a 26 year of absence at the University. We needed to develop a method of communicating, receiving feedback, and collecting donations for the recruitment of young men at Drake's campus. Memeberplanet offered the tools to reach the ATO Drake Alumni
/ Friends and have them involved in the process of returning the charter. Last week we were notified by the ATO Headquarters the return of the ATO Delta Omicron Charter. The alumni and colony members could not have accomplished this task without Memberplanet and the platforms they provided. We knew which contingencies were being contacted and for the contingencies it made it easy to communicate and contribute to the fund raising campaign. Thank you Jerry Allen ATO Delta Omicron Alumni President

Chrischeryl

• Customer Support Software

It has transformed our organization

Reviewed on 2018-03-15

Pros

The ease of use, tracking of members and financial tools have changed how we operate. The financial tool has made our banking much easier.

Cons

If there was anything I would improve would be the mobile features. I would like to do more as an admin from my device.

Disha

It's easy to access

Reviewed on 2018-03-19

Pros

I like that you have multiple options to make payments and how the site is organized. It's pretty easy to read.

Cons

How to upload events to it. I am wanting to add events to my sorority calendar but it's difficult to upload.

Christine

non profit fundrasing campaign

Reviewed on 2019-04-11

We run several fundraising campaigns and events through Member Planet and the pages are easy to set up, as well as being able to review progress. The staff is always responsive to any questions we have.

Pros

The staff is very supportive, responsive and helpful. We had a specific idea for our campaign, brought it to the Member Planet team and they helped make it a reality!

Cons

I cannot think of anything to indicate as a con at this time.

Jesabel

• Customer Support Software

This is a great software for non profit organizations. Loved all the features!

Reviewed on 2016-02-24

Pros: task and role assignments; great costumer service; when you add an event it creates a specific website; members can download member planet's app and check the group feed, events and photos from there; great to communicate with members through broadcast and email. Members already have assigned an ID and they can access their membership card from either the app or profile! You can have several administrators and can create surveys too.

Cons: Website sometimes crashes and you have to get in multiple times until it works again; there is no video tutorial for member level; calendar view of events is not available; member database (and member profile) is a bit difficult to navigate and it takes to time to get used to it.

Samantha

• Customer Support Software

Customer Service is what makes this company a win!

Reviewed on 2015-06-04

I started looking at MemberPlanet for an Alumni Association first due to its advertised features and its price. I ran into a problem figuring out how to integrate a portion of what they do onto our existing external website and a woman from the design team/customer service spent a significant amount of time fixing the problem for me. At the point that I received this help, we were only utilizing the free features of MemberPlanet. The phenomenal customer service didn't stop there. I was on the fence about using MemberPlanet for my organization, but after working with some of their team, I was 100% confident that MemberPlanet was the right choice and that I will have help and support if I need it going forward.

Andrea

• Customer Support Software

Best online tool for group management'ever!

Reviewed on 2015-04-14

My high school class was looking for a great tool to be able to coordinate our reunion. After looking at several products we found MemberPlanet to have the most functionality all-in-one product! It did not disappoint'.in fact'exceeded all of our expectations. We were able to easily plan our big event, send regular updates, raise money, host a silent auction and collecting payments onsite. After the event we were able to get a quick feedback survey out and have everyone collaborate their photos together within MemberPlanet. Mobile App was a HUGE plus too! We love MemberPlanet so much that we decided to keep it going to keep our class up-to-date on the high school events and activities and future events.

Jim

• Customer Support Software

A revolutionary online tool for our lodge that is cost effective too!

Reviewed on 2015-04-14

We were looking for a cost effective membership tool to drive communication and involvement. MemberPlanet has far exceeded our expectations with a great product that includes so much functionality. In the last year we've been able to customize our brand, introduced e-communication and our newsletter program, provided regular updates to the membership on activities, sent out surveys for feedback, easily setup events and kept track of RSVP's, collected dues from members, store event photos and much more. It is fantastic to be able to do all these things with one database. We are more organized and keeping our members more up-to-date with communication than ever before! Love this product!

Yolanda
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great Education Tool

Reviewed on 2016-09-27

I am a teacher and a Student Council Chair. The Memberplanet site has made organizing this years Council easy and allows me more freedom from after school meetings. Being able to access technology intrigues my kids and makes them readily available for impromptu online meetings by sharing information.

Pros

Ease of integration of records.

Diane

WOW

Reviewed on 2015-08-01

Just had my walkthrough with this software and I am very excited. The Customer service agent (Patrick ) was great he answered all my questions. I have been researching a new software for my group which is currently on Meetup.com. I have test-drove several of the competitors and I can honestly say Memberplanet blows them all away. It is the only software I found that has a robust event functionality that will promote growth along with a membership Administrative system that will save me hours of work each month. It's affordable price makes it a no brainer for me.

I can't wait to get started.