Showing 62 reviews of 50

Slidebean

Presentations that design themselves

4.2 /5 (50 reviews) Write a Review!

Showing 62 reviews of 50
Mike M.
  • Industry: Package/Freight Delivery

Buggy and terrible customer support

Reviewed on 2017-09-18

Pros

Some of the App templates they have are very nice
The animations of graphics are tastefully done and the graphics are fairly good.

Cons

Graphs dont allow you to adjust the range which often leads to a lot of blank space.
No way to adjust the width of text or objects.
Lining up multiple objects on a page is imprecise and the tools they offer to help have a major flaw.
The price for what you get is waayyyyyy too high.

But the cardinal sin is the awful customer service. I accidentally deleted a graphic from the AirBNB slide deck and tried to return it using ctrl z which did not work. I spent a few hours trying to figure it out on my own and eventually put a request out to the "live chat" support. It took them two days to respond and when they did, rather than acknowledge their software is buggy and offer one of several easy fixes I suggested they said "I'm sorry Mike, but as this template was used as a courtesy, there's no way to open up a new one. (confused emoji) If you are interested in upgrading your plan to have access to this and the other templates, I'd be happy to help you out. An automatic prorate would be applied. "

Are you a new user that made a mistake using our flawed software? Well pay us more so you can remake your presentation from scratch! And enjoy our useless emojis!

I think I'll pass and I encourage others to as well

George G.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Give it some time for you to shed your .ppt-thinking. Then you'll like it!

Reviewed on 2018-09-21

It's really quite good! I have made my last few marketing decks in Slidebean (replacing Keynote which replaced powerpoint) and have been very happy.

THe ability to share a link instead of a file means there's nothing to download which is something that frightens customers today.

Pros

You can make beautiful slides that are nicely formatted and have carefully chosen color schemes. At first it seems too limiting, but once you get the hang of the approach you'll find it very useful and easy.

Cons

I'm not crazy about the presentation experience... it builds one element per click -- I'd like to move along at 1 page per click. I'm worried that customers will get bored and abandon...

Jackline M.

Bombass Presentation Software

Reviewed on 2016-11-02

been using it for service proposals mostly but my clients seem to really love the format of delivering the proposal with a link and I can also use their insights to track how far along my clients got into the proposal

Pros

easy to use

Response from Slidebean

Happy our service proposal template are working out great for you :)

Camille A.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Creat great-looking presentations. A total time saver!

Reviewed on 2018-04-30

Pros

- It is a great replacement of PowerPoint.
- Save time creating presentations.
- Share and collaborate with others.
- Can be exported to PDF.

Cons

- Needs more flexibility as we build custom slides.
- Can't export to PPT.
- Needs greater quality templates library.

Response from Slidebean

Thanks for the awesome review!
PPT export was recently added :)

Amjed E.
  • Industry: Research
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Simple for simple Pr

Reviewed on 2019-12-07

I had a problem with the shared presentation: Scrolling through it with the keyboard arrows or with the arrows blow the slides doesn't function. The only way is to swipe with the mouse back and forth.

The costumer service was from no help, answered the question almost a day later and always with another questions.
Although I explained the problem and shared my presentation with them, they still keep asking evident questions as if they were delusive.

A frustrating experience!

Pros

- good aesthetics.
- possibility to share presentations with others but.... (see cons)

Cons

- Can't manage complexe presentation:
- No possibility for the alignment of objects
- No possibility for setting values to object-dimentions
--> All these have to be done using a mouse, which is frustrating and results always to imperfection

Rocío C.

The best presentation experience

Reviewed on 2016-12-01

The most versatile tool, simple and with multiple possibilities in terms of design.
It is not easy to find all these attributes in a single platform, at the same time is accessible ($$) and with an awesome Customer Support team , always willing to provide the best customer service.

Slidebean.

Paula E.

Slidebean is great

Reviewed on 2016-11-02

Hello, great experience with design and UX, very helpful when I need to pitch and idea or work with a group of people! Very happy!

Karol M.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Slidebean is Awesome!

Reviewed on 2016-11-02

I began using slidebean for all my presentations a time ago, and it is great. My presentations are creative, unique, and professional . Just Great!!!

Pros

It is easy to use and helps me creating best presentation with enough text, great images and so on.

Cons

I really like it!

Pip Q.

Continued to charge after cancelling

Reviewed on 2018-08-29

I canceled my subscription in September last year which was acknowledged by then but they continued to charge me monthly until June this year. I received only a partial refund (3months) and am still trying to recoup the remaining 6 months worth of subs. It was so disappointing. So far it's been a wall of silence.

Pros

The product is fantastic . It was a little expensive and I wasn't using it as much as I should have, so I ended up cancelling.

Cons

Would have preferred my colour choices for the presentations

Alex H.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 2017-06-23

Jerry S.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care
  • Used Other for 2+ years

excellent and portable web based presentation tool

Reviewed on 2020-08-07

excellent way to make your presentations look great, but also be web based and usable anywhere.

Pros

If you need to do a presentation, but aren't sure if the audience will have a compatible software program, but know they will have access to a modern web browser, slidebean can be an invaluable tool. Presentations are very easy to create and are hosted by slidebean. They can be played back through a web-browser (you just need the address for the presentation). The presentations look great and are easy to deploy

Cons

I didn't have any problems creating or deploying a presentation. I am not aware of any negatives in using this software.

Early in the process, great value for money if you can get in now while they build out roadmap...

Reviewed on 2018-04-17

Cloud slide presentation development at a good value for the cost of the product.

Pros

Love the easy edibility within the slide software. Pre-made templates to choose from that makes editing a professional presentation easy and accessible. They have the ability to share and integrate with ease.

Cons

The platform is newer, at least it seems to be, and that has caused the platform to seem not fully built out yet. The roadmap will include far more pre-made templates and integration features, however right now the value for money is on point with where they are in the development process.

Wendy L.

Site has numerous bugs and is very unstable

Reviewed on 2019-10-22

Pros

Professional existing templates and easy to use.

Cons

The website is very very unstable. I am creating a deck for my company so I paid for an annual membership. For the past week, I used this platform everyday. There are some small bugs here and there such as the table chart etc. I understand that this is a newer platform and the team is ironing out issues. That is understandable.

But then comes today. OMG. The website wiped out all my images and logos. Spoke with a support person. They said it is because Amazon Web Services is having issues so the images cannot load properly. I am pretty sure there is some sort of bug
However, not only was the image not loading, it was doing crazy things. I tried to upload a picture, it turned my slide background black! I cannot export my presentation to PPT or anything.
The representative whom I spoke with kept saying this is a AWS issue. He couldn't tell me when the issue can be fixed. These issues rendered my deck completely unusable.

I am pretty sure this is not just an AWS issue. I like Slidebean until now. I didn't appreciate how they kept blaming everything on AWS and did not give me an estimate on when the problem will get resolved. Its unprofessional.

Joby I.

Great place to create and host your pitch decks

Reviewed on 2018-04-18

Pros

The site has lots of templates including copies of the decks that companies like airbnb used to raise finance.
You can also create your own from scratch, the system is very easy to use so you can have a great looking deck up and running very quickly.
They also offer great tracking to see who is opening the deck how many views it getting etc. all hosted online.

Cons

My only criticism is that I would like more flexibility of the modifications I can make to a slide on the site. You do have the option of creating something in power point and keynote and uploading it, but it would be good to have that power online.

Excellent app to create visual and dynamic Presentations

Reviewed on 2018-02-06

Excellent app to create very professional and visual presentations, with the possibility to share with other people and track it.

Pros

Excellent app that I love to create professional presentations. The Best think is that you can add a tracking when you share it, so you can check who opens it and who doesn't. I like all the templates and very visual dashboard.

Cons

I don't like that the number of templates is very limited and the number graphics, too. I miss the possibility to use a free picture library to implement and get better results.

Ayomide I.

Awesome templates and designs

Reviewed on 2020-11-17

To create presentations it takes very less minutes. Useful in creating awesome, eye catching business or acedemic presentation.

Pros

It's useful and saves alot of time. Simple and easy to use. It has awesome templates use for making good presentations.

Cons

Honestly, I don't dislike it except for that the premium are a little bit pricey. Android app should be created.

Response from Slidebean

Hey Ayomide, thanks for your review. We appreciate your feedback.

Jackson C.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Great slide sharing/pitching/presentation software

Reviewed on 2019-07-20

I picked this up on a lifetime deal from AppSumo in 2016, figuring I'd need it someday. That day finally came this year (2019) and I'm glad I invested in it to "future-proof" my business. The software seems much improved from the time it launched. I had no problems learning and using it, and I'm not much of a techie, so that's a good sign anyone can quickly master Slidebean.

Pros

This was easy to learn software that creates nice-looking, professional slides. It includes a library of animated GIFs, color palettes, pitch templates, and royalty-free stock photos to jazz your slides up.

Cons

I have not had any real problems with this software yet.

Response from Slidebean

Hi Jackson, we are so glad to know that we were able to bring value to you. Let us know if there's anything we can do to help!

Cheers,

Slidebean Team

Isabella S.

My favorite online presentation tool!

Reviewed on 2016-11-02

I've been using Slidebean for over a year now and I love it! The simplicity of the platform and the variety of templates that it offers makes it a great presentation tool. Not only I would recommend it for startups, but also for marketers and businesses that need to create presentations on a daily basis.

Maria B.

very good, with this program I can make attractive online presentations very quickly.

Reviewed on 2018-06-23

Pros

It is extremely easy to use and allows you to create a presentation in a short time compared to other presentation programs.
It has beautiful templates that allow you to guide yourself in the creation of presentations.
The best thing that you have is the speed with which the changes are applied when you are creating or editing the presentation, also the loading time of the presentations is very fast.

Cons

has no free plan, only offer a trial period of 2 weeks and with most of the important functions blocked, you can not download the presentation in any of the popular formats such as ppt or pdf, nor can you share on social networks unless to subscribe to some of the payment plans.

Joshua S.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Great start but too buggy for real use

Reviewed on 2017-07-12

Pros

Easy quick and beautiful. Great starter templates and color themes. Love the icon library and the simple intuitive UI.

Cons

Too many small frustrations. Moving my entire layout when I add a content block. Pushing the title or other blocks off canvas so they have to be deleted and recreated. Buggy content editors causing me to have to input text over and over again. Things not saving, or overwriting other content blocks when making selections.

Lindy R.
  • Industry: Executive Office

Great presentation templates

Reviewed on 2018-11-20

Pros

I love the templates they have set up for different types of presentations. They all look very slick and professional.

Cons

I found that adding or subtracting from a template meant I had to find a way to change the slides so they continued in the colour order. Sometimes the colours weren't there.

Camille T.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

I absolutely LOVE Slidebean!

Reviewed on 2020-05-08

I was an early adopter of Slidebean. I have gone through several versions and called customer support many times. The team is great and very helpful. The software is simply the best out there.

Pros

Slidebean is easy to use and has beautiful graphic design elements. I am not a graphic designer, but Slidebean makes me look great. I also love the analytics. With the analytics, my clients can see which investors viewed their decks and how long they viewed each slide or whether the investor finished the deck. Great info to know.

Cons

I wish I could integrate private videos into the decks. Right now, you must upload your videos to Vimeo, YouTube or Wistia and set them to "public" which is not ideal for my clients wishing to protect information.

Pitch Decks on Slidebean

Reviewed on 2020-11-30

I was looking for a beautiful pitch deck and that's exactly what I found on Slidebean. I was able to quickly find a pitch deck suitable for my needs. It was easy to download and edit. No issues at all.

Pros

Do you want to pitch your idea to a client? You need a stunning pitch deck. If you don't have the budget to hire a graphic designer, slidebean is the perfect solution for you. Slidebean provides amazing pitch deck templates that you can easily modify. You don't have to spend hours and hours creating your slides. Just grab a beautiful slide deck and make the changes. It's very easy to use and affordable in comparison with hiring a graphic or slide designer.

Cons

The only con I found is that if you really want to have a unique pitch deck that nobody else is using, Slidebean won't probably work for you.