OwnerRez

Todd
Todd

So Happy!

Reviewed on 2019-03-27

Pros

I honestly cannot say enough good things about OwnerRez as both a software and as a company. Having been in business for many years in both the technology and manufacturing realms and now in vacation rental management, I have a real appreciation for quality customer service. The service and technical support offered by this company truly sets the bar for others. I continue to be blown away at the speed and thoroughness of their responses even at late hours, on weekends… you name it!

Now the software – just WOW! OwnerRez has saved our company so much time and energy. From calendar syncing, guest communication, automated emails, an amazing variety of reports, integration with other platforms (VRBO, Airbnb, Booking.com, QuickBooks), etc. – I could not imagine functioning without it. Best of all – the hosted application is fast! In addition, the website hosting gives us an all-in-one solution to be able to see everything that is happening from one place and share that with our customers. It even works on your mobile phone!

I could go on and on – but you get the idea – I love this software and more importantly – the company and service behind it!

Cons

There are too many options? HA! This software does so much that truly complete configuration can take some time - but is that really a con? I can't really think of a con or complaint.

Lisa
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Happy customer

Reviewed on 2022-11-12

OwnerRez is amazing! I own a small rental and I have extra challenges due to living with a disability, and I have always received the most helpful support. A lot of other companies would place me on a low tier for support due to the volume of our business. But I have a high standard for my business, no matter how small (we’re rated the Most Hospitable Host in our province), and they’ve helped me keep it up. They have a ton of support articles, always keep us in the loop with their planned updates, listen to all our ideas for future development, and they make us feel like part of the team. I rave about them all the time to my fellow hosts.

Pros

A loooong list of pros. - Their system is thorough & detailed (do give yourself time for the learning curve) - Everything can be customized and even overridden for specific bookings if you want- Reliable, top of the line API connections with pretty much any booking platform- Couldn’t have been easier to add their widget to my wordpress site for direct bookings- Easy to share the calendar with my cleaners & manage booking windows- Best customer service. Seriously.

Cons

My cons list gets smaller every month with every update OwnerRez puts out. But here are the challenging parts of the software at this point in time:- Messaging is a bit tricky to master, as system messages & custom templates are in different sections. No ability to customize message templates ahead of time for individual guests, so if I want to add a personal note to a scheduled message I have to set myself an alarm to do it manually right before it’s scheduled. - No ability to create single-use discount codesYou do have to pay close attention when setting things up, as there are a LOT of settings and it’s easy to get one wrong. But this isn’t a con, just a heads up. A huge part of OwnerRez’s magic is how much customization they can handle.

Hostaway and Guesty For Hosts

Reasons for Switching to OwnerRez

Competitive & customizable price based on what add-ons I wanted. Reputation of excellence around bookings - no double booking with multiple booking platforms. Customer service reputation.
Brian

• Customer Support Software

OwnerRez has the features and support!

Reviewed on 2022-04-25

I recommend it!

I recommend it!

Pros

The functionality is pretty incredible, and the support team is very very thorough .

Cons

It's not the most modern interface. I value function over attractiveness, so I don't mind too much. It's still somewhat intuitive.

Bill

• Customer Support Software

Great Software, Great Price, Great Support - What's Not to Love?

Reviewed on 2021-04-08

They are just an overall complete solution... Great Price, Great Support, Great Feature set. I wish I would have found them before I made the mistake that cost me thousands of dollars in implementation costs and improperly collected (ie not collected) taxes.

Pros

OwnerRez is full featured Property Management software. Our goal when embarking on the journey of finding a solution was to be as hands off as we could be. With OwnerRez someone can book a property, pay online, receive all communications needed for arrival, have door locks added to the appropriate home automation system and have the cleaning scheduled. (Granted there are some 3rd party integrations here but the integrations are so solid that we don't have to worry about them)

OwnerRez is easy to use. The database is built in a way that it is fully relational. You can look at a guest, see all of their bookings, click on the booking and have all relevant data including communications to/from the guest right there at your finger tips.

Support with OwnerRez is top notch. I've never talked with them on the phone but their email response times are exceptional and their solutions detailed and comprehensive. You do not have an "expensive" onboarding team to walk you through step by step... but with OwnerRez we didn't need it. Watched a couple of videos, followed some checklists and we were up and running in a matter of a week. We spent 5 weeks with another solution and when it came time to go live we had one OTA connected and it was not calculating tax correctly. Literally we had all OTAs connected to OwnerRez in a week and were managing our complete portfolio with virtually no hiccups.

Cons

OwnerRez is extremely feature rich. I wanted a single solution for all aspects of our business but ultimately I have decided to let the experts in Housekeeping and Guest Portals do what they do best and just integrate to OwnerRez. Perhaps someday they will add that functionality.

Andrea

• Customer Support Software

If you have doubts or issues, don't have to wait long for a fast support team response!

Reviewed on 2020-04-29

it was self explanatory and easy to work with, but yes you have to experience and try for yourself. It's a lot of features and the best way to learn is using it... Some things you will find out works great for you and other features not so much, but you can just not use it and leave it aside. Overall great functions and fast learning after you begin using it.

Pros

It's kind of easy to work with, unlike many others in the market, but is you have any problem or doubt, the support team is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G-L-Y fast to respond!! So you can solve most of the problems or doubts real quick.

Cons

no negative issues so far... I am still learning some functions, but so far it worked great for what I need.

CiiRUS

Reasons for Choosing OwnerRez

Actually I used Ciirus as a homeowner last year. But as a Homeowner I already had difficulties using it. And you do not allow all features for homeowners. I wonder how it must be a lot more difficult with administrator functions.

CiiRUS

Reasons for Switching to OwnerRez

easy to work with and the main functions were there. After purchase I realize what they have the best is their support team. They never failed me once getting back to me quickly and solving or explaining my issues/concerns.
Chandler

OwnerRez is the comprehensive solution for Vacation Rental Providers

Reviewed on 2022-10-18

OwnerRez helps us automate 90% of our hosting business. We wouldn't be scaling the way we are while offering guests a memorable experience in our homes without the flexibility and reliability offered by OwnerRez.

Pros

OwnerRez is a cost effective and flexible PMS for vacation rental providers. The engineering team is constantly rolling out new features and 3rd party integrations that help us continue improving the overall guest experience pre-stay, intra-stay, and post stay. Support has been amazing and allows me to focus on what we do best, which is offer our guests an unforgettable experience in our homes!

Cons

OwnerRez is so flexible it tends to spoil you, so being able to think of new features we'd like to have can sometimes be overwhelming for the engineering team. I don't think this is a problem with OwnerRez, but more of a function that when you offer such a great service, customers continue to want more and more features and 3rd party integrations!

Reasons for Switching to OwnerRez

OwnerRez is more flexible, cost effective, and has better support.
Gabriella

Never been happier

Reviewed on 2020-12-01

The concierge service was just what I needed - they set up everything, and they're help email is always quick to respond. The staff are all very friendly and willing to ensure you are set up for success.

Pros

The features of the hosted website, my website looks so professional. I was previously using Wix, and the difference in quality is astounding. The channel manager ensures all my photos match to all my listing channels.

Cons

They just removed a fee feature that allowed you to associate certain fees when using credit card processors, but was easily able to adjust and set up a surcharge to cover this.

Guesty and Lodgify

Reasons for Choosing OwnerRez

Started using Ownerrez for the channel management, ended up adding additional features that brought my brand to a whole new level.

Wix

Reasons for Switching to OwnerRez

Seemed like a more cost efficient option, and seemed to be more cost efficient.
Robbye

Superb Customer Service

Reviewed on 2021-03-05

I cannot say enough about their customer service. Always quick to help and always goes beyond what is required.

Pros

Set up was easy with detailed examples to help guide you through the steps.

Cons

Not having a technology background, I do not have any suggestions for improvement-it works seamlessly for me.

• Customer Support Software

Best business decision we have made so far: choose OwnerRez

Reviewed on 2022-01-25

The best decision we have made in getting our company to a higher level of automation.

Pros

Customer service is exceptional. When we email a question, we get a comprehensive reply within 2-3 hours, always with screenshots and very clear guidance on what to do in the system. The system was very easy to set up, because there are recorded short videos that explain everything. The UI is extremely intuitive and the polar opposite of the vendor we pulled the plug on.

Cons

The reason we felt we owe OR this review is because there is nothing they could have done better. Anyone looking for property management or vacation rental software should know about OR.

Lodgify

Reasons for Choosing OwnerRez

Lodgify is HQd in Barcelona - customer service is extremely slow and basically unreachable. Trying to set up the system proved impossible, even with the help of a very skilled PM from their side. We wasted a lot of time trying to get this up and running and eventually pulled the plug. We were not eligible for a refund at that time, but we are very happy we moved to OR.

Reasons for Switching to OwnerRez

We were 4 weeks into implementing Lodgify when we decided to pull the plug. OwnerRez allows us to text guests, Lodgify does not have that capability.

• Customer Support Software

OwnerRez makes a big difference

Reviewed on 2021-03-01

Incredible company and top notch support. They really want to see that you are successful [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is amazing).

Pros

OwnerRez has enormous capability and configuration to manage our properties. It is phenomenal software and the customer support is absolutely incredible. Very impressive company. We have been able to automate our business to new levels using OwnerRez.

Cons

Overall I love the software and it is way better than several we had tried.

Brenda

Back to business!

Reviewed on 2023-05-18

Nirvana! I honestly was so relieved the day we went live with 43 listings. The support, functionality of the software, the website ….. all above an beyond. I literally lost 2 years of my life with GUESTY trying to make their solution work.

Pros

We spent 2 PAINFUL years trying to make the MYVR to GUESTY transition work until we finally found OwnerRez and transitioned in 2 months with their amazing support team and I am overwhelmed with how EVERYTHING WORKS and now we can stop spending endless hours on our technology solutions and get back to the business of managing our properties and serving our guests and owners.

Cons

Such a minor issue but we need owner generated reservations to be passed to Breezeway as a reservation and not just a block of time.

Chuck

More powerful than expected

Reviewed on 2020-01-13

In the competitive world of short-term rentals, there are a number of booking sites to be listed on and lots of information to synchronize. OwnerRez allows us to do that all in a single place.

Pros

The OwnerRex software is more powerful and flexible that it appeared at first glance. We quickly found we were able to customize huge portions of it, take advantage of automation to reduce labor, and found many of its functions were actually an EASIER way to perform tasks than on the connected booking sites.

Being a progressive web app, we quickly found that it worked well across all of our mobile platforms as well.

Cons

Many booking platforms have their own proprietary messaging features and do not make them available through APIs. So we still have to login to each service when inquiries or bookings come in, but that is a problem with the booking sites, not OwnerRez.

iGMS and Lodgify

Reasons for Switching to OwnerRez

The community of owners were are very enthusiastic about the product, which got our attention. It works with many of the online booking sites. It will work with VRBO using the API which allows us to process payments ourselves.
Gretchen

Incredibly Powerful

Reviewed on 2022-08-03

OwnerRez support has been amazing--I've clogged their inbox many times while setting up and they not only get back to me lightening fast, but they look at my account and suggest other things I can do next.

Pros

Starting out I went with a very simple property management software to avoid overwhelm, but quickly outgrew the simplistic platform and wanted more robust features and functionality. OwnerRez has that in spades--but it's not complex, just robust and extremely thoughtful.

Cons

Waiting for VRBO messaging integration but other than that, zero complaints.

Hostaway

Reasons for Choosing OwnerRez

More power, features and functionality

Reasons for Switching to OwnerRez

To be honest, I had that day to implement and I had a call with Hostaway and they blew off the call, so I signed up for OwnerRez and never looked back. Zero regrets.
Jill

• Customer Support Software

OwnerRez Integration Leads to 50% Increase in Gross Revenue, Better Reviews and So Much Time...

Reviewed on 2021-06-02

We've had an amazing experience with OwnerRez, and have been thrilled with the ease of use on a daily basis. Customers are seamlessly searching our listings on multiple booking sites, making their reservations, paying for them, signing our Renters Agreement, and followup with us with positive reviews, all made so so simply by OwnerRez (we're especially fond of the automatic email trigger systems, which have automated the majority of guest interactions). I highly recommend OwnerRez.

Pros

OwnerRez has been instrumental in growing our vacation rental portfolio from 2 units to several more. The software makes cross-listing among different booking channels a breeze, and the single reservation calendar helps us keep a firm handle on all our reservations. If I had to pick just one favorite aspect of the software, it's that, once fully implemented, we are able to offer direct bookings and are no longer tied to the big players in the vacation rental industry. That means we can enforce our own policies on house rules, guest damages and more. OwnerRez gave us that freedom. My second favorite aspect was the integration with dynamic pricing software, which has led to an almost 50% increase in gross revenue from previous years.

Cons

OwnerRez wasn't the easiest to implement - we took about a month to fully integrate, and learn the ins and outs of the software. That said, they do offer a concierge integration service (which we didn't utilize) which might be especially helpful if you don't have the time to learn the software in detail yourself. But the time we did spend learning the software gave us the confidence in knowing how to use the entire system, and the support forum is incredibly robust. Somewhere in the help docs is the answer to our problem, almost every time. The remaining times we send a quick email over to Support, and they respond with the answer and steps to solve the problem, even on the weekends, which is incredible. The most difficult aspect of integration wasn't OwnerRez itself - it was our time in learning the complexities of the software, and just how much it can do for us, from credit card processing integration to dynamic pricing integration, to smart door locks, plus of course the main features of one place to house your customer interactions, listings and booking channel integrations.

Chester

Awesome Product

Reviewed on 2017-04-23

Before retiring and managing my rental property I was in the IT department of a large hospital for 40 years, involved in application development, vendor application management and a technical systems engineer, MCSE, CNE, CCNA, VCP. So I have had a lot of experience with software and systems. I had been using another property management product for a year that was absolutely horrible and had zero enhancements to the product while I was with them. The main reason that I chose this product to begin with was that it offered me the ability to offer my guests property damage protection and trip cancellation insurance for a property owner that has only one property, all the other products required the owner to have/manage at least 5 properties. After test driving the product for the free trial period I quickly found that this product was for me and dumped my prior vendor like a hot potato.

The system is rich in all the major features that a property owner could ask for like a large number of payment methods, legal agreement integration including guest online signing, email templates, triggers and tracking, listing site integration, travel insurance, property damage protection and a host of others.

The owners/developers of this product actually do listen to their customers, I have been with them for a short 5 months and have seen a number of enhancements in that short time. Their response time for questions is very quick and they have answered all my questions. I highly recommend this product.

Pros

The setup process was straight forward and includes a Setup Interview to make sure that you configure the minimum configuration to get things going. After you have configured the system they also include an import feature so that you can import all your information from excel to make the transition a breeze.

You are able to modify an invoice on the fly before sending the quote to the guest to include additional line items like a Special Discount, change a charge, delete a line item, etc. You have complete control over the invoice and how it will be presented to the guest, absolutely fantastic.

Cons

The rates database is separate from the seasons database and I feel if the rates were included in the seasons database it would make the setup process a little easier.

Response from OwnerRez

Thanks, Chester! We appreciate having you as a customer! Lot of great new features just around the corner.

Stephanie
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

• Customer Support Software

Best customer support ever!

Reviewed on 2021-02-06

My biggest business problem is, what's going on right now, today? The different screens I have at my fingertips helps me keep my pulse on what is happening today, tomorrow and next week.

Pros

I love what this software does for me. The daily tracking and the ease of having the information I need right at my fingertips. The customer support is second to none. I'm learning more and more as I dive into it and there are so many things that OwnerRez anticipated and already have in the software. The customer service has been awesome and very responsive. I'm not techy but they help me through each little road block I hit.

Cons

Granted, there is a learning curve as with any software. So, my own frustration was my biggest enemy. I quickly asked for help when I was lost and always quickly received a response.

Streamline

Price.
Susan
Susan

• Customer Support Software

Owner Rez completely simplified how we run our business

Reviewed on 2021-06-16

Owner Rez has the most outstanding customer service I have ever experienced. I have never not gotten a response to a question within 30 minutes or less, and that’s day or night.

Pros

Pricing is reasonable

Very useful options available to manage multiple vacation rentals across multiple channels

Interfaces seamlessly with QuickBooks

Interfacing seamlessly with our Website

Robust automated guest emails and triggers

Cons

The calendar is fixed by month and not following which makes seeing turnovers at month end very difficult to see

No way to send emails on a certain day of the week (I.e./ remind guests it’s trash day)

No way to allow other people to also be able to log in and only see the calendar but not the financial side. This would be useful for cleaners etc.

Dave

Sophisticated & Comprehensive PMS, perfect for small operators

Reviewed on 2023-09-21

Seamless and professional so far and really quite a pleasure to deal with. I'm a happy customer.

Pros

The product is very well designed and built. I'm coming from another PMS to OR and I'm constantly delighted by the features I didn't have before. Including things I didn't know I needed which will now drive how I manage my business. The founders built the product from the ground up as users so they literally thought of everything. It's impressive. Everything works too. I've heard people say the set up is difficult so I was expecting bugs and complications but I didn't encounter any. It's only complicated in that it's so thorough which I see as a pro not a con. It's early days because I've only just signed up but I feel very confident with everything I've configured. The customer service has been a stand out feature too. I've had Suzee helping me every step of the way and she's been answering all my questions thoroughly and has significantly expedited my setup process. Very impressed by that, it feels like OR have invested wisely here and care a lot about their customers. 10/10 so far.

Cons

There's always things that can be improved about software but I'm too early in the journey to have noticed anything significant. OR is at least 2 years ahead of the PMS I just left, might not be as pretty but I'll take functionality over glamor any day.

Aaron

Vacation Rental - Customer Service

Reviewed on 2023-01-04

We recommend OwnerRez to other vacation rental hosts who use multiple booking platforms.

Pros

It can grow with us a vacation rental business. We currently do not accept direct payments or have our own website, but we can expand to those when we are ready. We can post and coordinate multiple channels. We can share several calendars with our cleaners and maintenance contractors in an easy calendar format.

Cons

The initial setup is cumbersome. OwnerRez is a powerful software that must be set up correctly from the initial posting of your vacation rental. We decided to pay OwnerRez for additional support. We recommend that step for new users. It helped us to understand the full capabilities and scope of the software. The customer service is quick, responsive, and informative, and will work with you to get creative solutions. However, you cannot speak with someone on the phone. It must be done via email which is slower for quick questions.

Dawn

• Customer Support Software

Excellent Software for short term vacation renter

Reviewed on 2022-06-23

My overall experience has been fantastic. I feel in control of my business and ready to grow. OwnerRez has put me in the drivers seat.

Pros

The use of OwnerRez has streamlined my business in a way I could not have imagined. I no longer have concerns of double bookings, connecting with guests or collecting payments. I have saved so much time, work and simplified my business. Their customer service is outstanding. When I have a question, they are there to lead me. Recently, used their concierge service to add my newest property. I cannot express the level of personal care, value and education I received. I highly recommend using this service when starting OwnerRez or adding a property.

Cons

There is much to learn as this is an in depth software. OwnerRez offers a concierge service to get you started. This is well worth the minimal cost and you will feel like a "pro".

Ben

After 25 Channel Manager Demos I chose OwnerRez

Reviewed on 2020-09-03

I've covered a lot in the other areas, but they really are fantastic. I'm only about a month into working with them and I have an entire booking engine up and relatively smoothed out in every major way. Let me tell you... as someone who has worked in tech for a long time... that is not usually the case with something this detailed... I'm not a plug-and-play kind of operator either. I like to maximize the features available, so this is coming from a person who stress-tests systems.

Pros

Their customer service is SECOND TO NONE in my experience. They have direct API integration to all the major channels, tutorials for everything you need to build out your own site, API partnerships with tons of great 3rd party services and seem very open to integration with more if requested. Rolling out new technologies and upgrades constantly... This is the team I want to be on. Interactive and supportive.

Cons

Since their focus seems to be vigorously on functionality, 3rd party inclusion/API syncing, and constant growth within their own custom system, I would say the one issue they have is that while they focus on FUNCTION, they're less bothered by FASHION. Everything works beautifully (in my experience) but not a lot of the action behind the hood is sexy. It's like PC vs Mac. But I will take function over UI any day.

Lynne

• Customer Support Software

Owner Rez has made my life much easier

Reviewed on 2019-04-22

I am trying to manage 4 short term rental properties and being able to see them all on one page makes my life much easier. Often clients will want 1-2 of my properties - now I can look in one place and answer them. Also, now I'm able to take direct bookings on my own website easily.

Pros

The most amazing thing about this software is the excellent, helpful and friendly (and fast!) customer support. I have four properties on Airbnb, Homeaway and VRBO, so getting all those calendars synched, templates written and triggers set up was daunting, but they were always there sometime instantly to help me. Having their app on my phone is a great new improvement too. I highly recommend this product.

Cons

The only thing missing is that I wish that my cleaners could log in and mark whether or not they can do a cleaning. However, the folks at Owner Rez said they are working on it! When that happens, it will be even better.

Ken

The Eagle Has Landed

Reviewed on 2023-06-19

Very supportive with gentle, tactful reminders on the implementation progress and the remaining time left to fulfill the Client's portion of the implementation obligation. Always felt like we had a 'lifeline' we could call while migrating our data from another existing Owner Rez client.

Pros

The integration with VRBO, credit card payment management, integration with QuickBooks On-Line, integration with our housekeeping vendor's software, prospective guest inquiry management notifications

Cons

Because of the tedium required to integrate with the booking companies, there are some mind-numbing moments to get up and running when entering each specific property

Charles (Cap)
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

I am one of a family of 3 that uses OwnerRez to rent our 5 houses

Reviewed on 2020-02-06

OwnerRez makes the process of presenting a property to the potential customer in an easy way. And, we have our own site for presenting our houses, showing availability, pricing and so on and, if a customer fills in their information, it goes to to OwnerRez.

Pros

OwnerRez was very easy to use. Also, when I had a problem or question, someone from OwnerRez contacted me quickly and solved the problem.

Cons

I like everything about OwnerRez software.

Bruce

OwnerRez is great

Reviewed on 2020-01-09

There are just a ton of software options out there for vacation rental management (and it seems more all the time). I solidly and unabashedly recommend this software to any and all who ask my opinion, not just because the software works well and saves me time, but their responsiveness is fantastic. It feels more like a real partnership working with them.

Pros

Great value, especially for smaller operators like me. Customer service is immediate, personal, and helpful.

Cons

There are some integrations that are not yet implemented, but some also require a user to manage more than 5 properties (not an OwnerRez limit - an industry-wide threshold).