OwnerRez

Customer Support Software
5.0/5

Garry

• Customer Support Software

OwnerRez does everything I need in a vacation rental software, and a bunch I didn't know I...

Reviewed on 6/15/2018

It makes running my business easier than I could have imagined. It's the one system I can't live without. The automation that it provides makes it so I don't hardly need to lift a finger. Many people say that Short Term Rentals are not passive income investments. OwnerRez challenges this notion.

Pros

I wish I could give 6 or 7 stars for Features and Functionality and Customer Support. The software and support team are outstanding. I've tried running booking plugins on a Wordpress site, and that gave me lots of headaches. While searching for new plugins, I found OwnerRez and a few other similar applications. After researching reviews online, I narrowed it down to two and tried the other one first. It still left me wanting in some areas. Then I tried OwnerRez and I was hooked. Since I had other issues with Wordpress overall, I jumped right in and added the OwnerRez hosted web site too. It's super easy to configure, and very reasonably priced. And did I mention the support is awesome? Every once in a while I find something new that I think would be a great addition. Some of those have already been incorporated as new features in the product.

Cons

I briefly considered giving 4 stars for Ease of Use, because there are so many options and features that sometimes it's overwhelming. But overall, I think that's a great thing, and it wouldn't be fair to rate them less than 5 stars. And anything that I have trouble with, I just send an email to the support team and get a response within a few hours. Or if I can't find a feature, they let me know exactly where it's located. The more I use it, the easier it becomes.

Bill

• Customer Support Software

Great Software, Great Price, Great Support - What's Not to Love?

Reviewed on 4/8/2021

They are just an overall complete solution... Great Price, Great Support, Great Feature set. I wish I would have found them before I made the mistake that cost me thousands of dollars in implementation costs and improperly collected (ie not collected) taxes.

Pros

OwnerRez is full featured Property Management software. Our goal when embarking on the journey of finding a solution was to be as hands off as we could be. With OwnerRez someone can book a property, pay online, receive all communications needed for arrival, have door locks added to the appropriate home automation system and have the cleaning scheduled. (Granted there are some 3rd party integrations here but the integrations are so solid that we don't have to worry about them)

OwnerRez is easy to use. The database is built in a way that it is fully relational. You can look at a guest, see all of their bookings, click on the booking and have all relevant data including communications to/from the guest right there at your finger tips.

Support with OwnerRez is top notch. I've never talked with them on the phone but their email response times are exceptional and their solutions detailed and comprehensive. You do not have an "expensive" onboarding team to walk you through step by step... but with OwnerRez we didn't need it. Watched a couple of videos, followed some checklists and we were up and running in a matter of a week. We spent 5 weeks with another solution and when it came time to go live we had one OTA connected and it was not calculating tax correctly. Literally we had all OTAs connected to OwnerRez in a week and were managing our complete portfolio with virtually no hiccups.

Cons

OwnerRez is extremely feature rich. I wanted a single solution for all aspects of our business but ultimately I have decided to let the experts in Housekeeping and Guest Portals do what they do best and just integrate to OwnerRez. Perhaps someday they will add that functionality.

Ben

Short Term Rental Software

Reviewed on 6/16/2022

Great value for the price! Great tool once you work the bugs out. I would recommend it to anyone in teh industry.

Pros

There are several features that we like, from building our own website, automatically send contracts and various communications. It has definitely made managing our property easier!

Cons

Not having an actual person to speak to. It would make solving problems easier and would also be a teaching mechanism.

Dana

Choose NO Other

Reviewed on 10/5/2022

Excellent.

Pros

Everything....Have tried a multitude of others prior and this is the BEST.

Cons

Again...this is the best out there. I shall never choose another.

Andrea

• Customer Support Software

If you have doubts or issues, don't have to wait long for a fast support team response!

Reviewed on 4/29/2020

it was self explanatory and easy to work with, but yes you have to experience and try for yourself. It's a lot of features and the best way to learn is using it... Some things you will find out works great for you and other features not so much, but you can just not use it and leave it aside. Overall great functions and fast learning after you begin using it.

Pros

It's kind of easy to work with, unlike many others in the market, but is you have any problem or doubt, the support team is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G-L-Y fast to respond!! So you can solve most of the problems or doubts real quick.

Cons

no negative issues so far... I am still learning some functions, but so far it worked great for what I need.

CiiRUS

Reasons for Choosing OwnerRez

Actually I used Ciirus as a homeowner last year. But as a Homeowner I already had difficulties using it. And you do not allow all features for homeowners. I wonder how it must be a lot more difficult with administrator functions.

CiiRUS

Reasons for Switching to OwnerRez

easy to work with and the main functions were there. After purchase I realize what they have the best is their support team. They never failed me once getting back to me quickly and solving or explaining my issues/concerns.
Gabriella

Never been happier

Reviewed on 12/1/2020

The concierge service was just what I needed - they set up everything, and they're help email is always quick to respond. The staff are all very friendly and willing to ensure you are set up for success.

Pros

The features of the hosted website, my website looks so professional. I was previously using Wix, and the difference in quality is astounding. The channel manager ensures all my photos match to all my listing channels.

Cons

They just removed a fee feature that allowed you to associate certain fees when using credit card processors, but was easily able to adjust and set up a surcharge to cover this.

Guesty and Lodgify

Reasons for Choosing OwnerRez

Started using Ownerrez for the channel management, ended up adding additional features that brought my brand to a whole new level.

Wix

Reasons for Switching to OwnerRez

Seemed like a more cost efficient option, and seemed to be more cost efficient.
Robbye

Superb Customer Service

Reviewed on 3/5/2021

I cannot say enough about their customer service. Always quick to help and always goes beyond what is required.

Pros

Set up was easy with detailed examples to help guide you through the steps.

Cons

Not having a technology background, I do not have any suggestions for improvement-it works seamlessly for me.

Stacie
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

OwnerRez is the Best!

Reviewed on 9/7/2019

Everyday, we feel like we find a new feature that we didn't know about before, that makes running our business easier, and they are adding more all of the time. The customer support is superb! CSRs are very responsive and patient with our questions.

Pros

OwnerRez has everything we were looking for in a property management system. From automated emails to accounting, to integrations with Price Lab, VRBO, TripAdvisor and more, this product has the most bang for your buck!

Cons

It's not a con, but there is a LOT to learn. But, customer support is always there to help and they have some great articles too.

Chuck

More powerful than expected

Reviewed on 1/13/2020

In the competitive world of short-term rentals, there are a number of booking sites to be listed on and lots of information to synchronize. OwnerRez allows us to do that all in a single place.

Pros

The OwnerRex software is more powerful and flexible that it appeared at first glance. We quickly found we were able to customize huge portions of it, take advantage of automation to reduce labor, and found many of its functions were actually an EASIER way to perform tasks than on the connected booking sites.

Being a progressive web app, we quickly found that it worked well across all of our mobile platforms as well.

Cons

Many booking platforms have their own proprietary messaging features and do not make them available through APIs. So we still have to login to each service when inquiries or bookings come in, but that is a problem with the booking sites, not OwnerRez.

iGMS and Lodgify

Reasons for Switching to OwnerRez

The community of owners were are very enthusiastic about the product, which got our attention. It works with many of the online booking sites. It will work with VRBO using the API which allows us to process payments ourselves.

• Customer Support Software

OwnerRez makes a big difference

Reviewed on 3/1/2021

Incredible company and top notch support. They really want to see that you are successful [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is amazing).

Pros

OwnerRez has enormous capability and configuration to manage our properties. It is phenomenal software and the customer support is absolutely incredible. Very impressive company. We have been able to automate our business to new levels using OwnerRez.

Cons

Overall I love the software and it is way better than several we had tried.

Dale

• Customer Support Software

Very happy and the team is helpful

Reviewed on 8/6/2021

I like how it will integrate with all my booking channels. I am new to this and wanted something that would reduce my ability to make mistakes. OwnerRez it is.

Pros

It is relatively easy to figure out and they have an extensive library of resources to help you set up. But customer service support is my favourite. Quick and detailed responses with Links showing me how to do things. Had it not been for the customer service support I may not have finished setting up. THANK YOU

Cons

I think the ability to test would be helpful. Maybe I missed that.

Lodgify

Reasons for Switching to OwnerRez

Customer Services for OwnerRez is in my time zone, based in North America and has a good reputation.
Beth

• Customer Support Software

User-friendly, intuitive, and the BEST customer support

Reviewed on 8/29/2020

When I started in this business, I managed 10 properties and did everything by hand with spreadsheets. I communicated with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for weeks before making the leap to purchase the software and web hosting. I remember being so afraid to leave what I knew and start with something unfamiliar, even though creating month-end statements were taking up a whole day and organizing each day took way more time than it should. I definitely lost sleep over how to move forward. I also remember telling [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] that if this works, I'll yell my satisfaction from the rooftops! Here I am, on the rooftops.

Pros

The biggest positive is the quick and responsive customer support. I often don't have time to go through the forum to see if the answer already exists and will shoot an email over to the help desk. I usually get a reply within an hour or two. If there is an article that will help, they send that too.
My second favorite is the ribbon calendar that I can color code as I need. It is easy to read in the fly which is how I operate on most days. The third favorite thing I use is the daily report so I can easily print the report on the way out the door and have all I need at a glance. Add to these the other helpful components that are really TNTM ("too numerous to mention") such as charts, comparisons, easy listing adjustments, and other tools I will probably never learn to use.... this software is really packed full of what each user needs for their own purposes.

Cons

There isn't anything I like least - although there are tasks of my job that are less appealing than others, such as assigning rates. I am learning how to grasp some of the larger concepts in this area but the software "makes sense" in how the different components of pricing is deployed - rates, seasons, discounts, etc.... Once one creates the greater goals, implementation becomes intuitive. As mentioned before, I have been very fortunate to have help from the developers on how to implement pricing despite the tediousness of the task.

• Customer Support Software

Best thing I've done for my business

Reviewed on 9/1/2020

I started with OwnerRez because I wanted reliable calendar syncing as I expanded my business. This has worked perfectly for me & I also love the ‘app’ on my phone, each properly is color coded on the calendar and I love being able to clearly see, even when out & about, which dates are booked by which guest at which property. But even better are the features I did not even realize I was missing:

*Templated communications send automatically with triggers
*API was added in early 2020 mainly because I wanted all the guest info come over automatically so the triggers could work properly, but then VRBO had their crazy year of double damage deposit deductions and not paying hosts for weeks after the guests had stayed. I was eminently grateful that I was collecting the VRBO CCs myself.
*The emails I send through OR allow me to see if the guest has opened them
*The rental agreement is sent automatically via triggers and connects with an e-signature set up that is included in the OR fees I pay, no add on e-sign fees
*I can send an automatic email to AirBnB guests requesting a real email address so I can remain in contact in the future
*There is the ability to see and utilize the AirBnB messaging via OR’s CRM function
*All property set up, photos, listings etc. is done on OR, so one set up goes to VRBO/ABB, and the same with edits, updates, etc. You can set pricing differentials between the sites, but otherwise the pricing updates also goes out automatically
*Having OR has allo

Pros

The way it makes my life better every day

Cons

For the initial set up, I would have been smarter to pay for the concierge service.

Susan

• Customer Support Software

Owner Rez completely simplified how we run our business

Reviewed on 6/16/2021

Owner Rez has the most outstanding customer service I have ever experienced. I have never not gotten a response to a question within 30 minutes or less, and that’s day or night.

Pros

Pricing is reasonable

Very useful options available to manage multiple vacation rentals across multiple channels

Interfaces seamlessly with QuickBooks

Interfacing seamlessly with our Website

Robust automated guest emails and triggers

Cons

The calendar is fixed by month and not following which makes seeing turnovers at month end very difficult to see

No way to send emails on a certain day of the week (I.e./ remind guests it’s trash day)

No way to allow other people to also be able to log in and only see the calendar but not the financial side. This would be useful for cleaners etc.

Sheron
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

• Customer Support Software

The absolutely best software for vacation rental owners to manage bookings, emails, etc.

Reviewed on 4/29/2022

My experience has been better than I expected. Because I am not very computer savvy, I really appreciate their suggestions and links to where I need to go.

Pros

Anytime I have a question and contact OwnerRez I hear back from them very quickly. They always answer my question, but also make suggestions for things they notice on my site with them that could use some tweaking.

I love that because I am with OwnerRez I am able to require accidental damage insurance for all bookings, regardless of where they originate from. Without OwnerRez I would not have been able to do that since Inhave only 2 vacation rentals.

Cons

There is nothing.in I don’t like. It has done everything and much more than I expected.

Randy

Premier Vacation Rental Software with Excellent Customer Service

Reviewed on 10/16/2013

I built my business on the OwnerReservation.com (OwnerRez) software/program. I went from $0 to $250,000 in revenue in 1 year all because of the integration and ease of use provided by OwnerRez. THe program easily integrates with all of the popular sites such as homeaway, vrbo, flipkey and more. They have even set up custom scripts for me to integrate with other sites. My housekeeping contractor can easily keep up with required cleaning by viewing the schedules that are automatically updated by OwnerRez widgets on any web site I want to put them on. They provide custom reports on bookings, taxes, occupancy rates, revenue, etc. all from the program. Also, bookings are automated. The email responses to the prospective traveler provide a bookable link to a secure web page where the traveler agrees to my contract and makes the booking themselves. Calendars on all sites are automatically updated to reflect the new booking and money for the booking is automatically deposited to my checking account next day. The system automatically collects the remaining payments and sends a confirmation to the traveler, automatically sends out an email to the traveler a few days prior to their arrival with custom instructions and finally authorizes a security deposit the day prior to the guest's arrival date. I really have no intervention in the process other than to release their security deposit with a few mouse clicks the day of departure! In fact, I manage all of this using my Android phone
I did an extensive online search before deciding on Ownerreservations.com software. I now have 6 rentals and it's sooo easy to manage everything that has to take place even during the season when we are booked solid for 4 months during the summer with this software. I was able to learn how to operate the software very quickly and for those times when I ran into a snag, the team of support staff at OwnerRez was able to quickly provide support. They provide top notch customer service, all the bells & whistles to make your vacation rental business easy to manage and profitable right away. I truly believe that Ownerrez is the best software available and I highly recommend it to anyone that has a vacation rental.

Shannon

• Customer Support Software

Concierge Support Team is Amazing!

Reviewed on 8/24/2020

A bit on the stressful side - initially, I started with a focus to only launch a direct-booking website and somehow got off track with API integrations and experienced a serious problem with the PM API set up with VRBO, had that reversed, and then my VRBO listing was "broken" for almost a week. As of today, so far it seems we're back on track so I'm happy about that.

Pros

Simplifying my listings into one dashboard and most importantly the option for direct bookings that are as professional, if not more, than OTA's. Working with the concierge team, particularly [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been incredible.

Cons

I'm still learning and getting familiar with all OwnerRez has to offer; at first I thought it was a bit clunky but as I said I'm still learning. I wish there were a feature to allow for messaging, e.g. similar to Smartbnb that pushes communication to guests in a reservation messaging thread via an app. This seems to be an industry standard, so I hope this functionality will be a future implementation. For now, I will maintain Airbnb guest communication primarily pushed through Smartbnb as all of my autoresponders are currently set up there and it works well. Plus, Airbnb "grades" hosts on their response times to guest communication via their messaging app / messaging thread.

Love Owner Rez

Reviewed on 1/3/2019

Calendar updates, widgets for my website, spread sheets for my guests, and auto email responders.

Pros

I have been using Owner Rez for a few years now. I love that I can sync all my calendars to my Owner Rez calendar and know all my calendars are updated. Our reps are always available to help (even the smallest issue). Their customer support is the best of the best! Emails are answered almost immediately even with the time zone difference!! The tutorials are a huge help in getting started and making day to day tasks a breeze. I can’t imagine running my business without Owner Rez. Thanks guys for a great product that is easy to use!

Cons

I could use multiple payment schedules but I hear this in the works for 2019.

Bruce

Going to improve my Business Model

Reviewed on 10/28/2020

I chose to pay the extra fee for OwnerRez to help me setup up the hosting of my website and help me set everything up which was worth every penny. A shout out to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who video conferenced with me showing me the ropes. Let's not forget customer service. Awesome response time from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who responded to my e-mails really fast. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] must not get much sleep, LOL. Thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for all your support!
I manage a 5 star cabin rental business and OwnerRez is definitely a 5 Star software company. I highly recommend!

Pros

There are so many automated templates to improve communication with each of my overnight rental guests.
Integration with my website and wi-fi door locks

Cons

Text messaging is something very important to me for sending door codes, but I understand that is under final testing and will be rolled out soon.

Ashish

Awesome site

Reviewed on 6/8/2016

This is of interest to those homeowner who reply to their own inquiries.

Just come across a website called Owner Reservations. They have an online software that will

(1) Automate your replies to inquiries as long as minimum data set / specific information is contained within the initial inquiry. If not, then email is sent to you to do reply (which is very easy and you can do on your mobile. System will also recognise if their are comments in the inquiry, if present you can set it to auto-reply or leave it for you to do. Content of reply is fully editable.
(2) Sends a rental agreement for guest to sign online.
(3) Automatically collect payments. If initial payment is made via credit card, system will collect balance and security deposit automatically.
(3) Sends reminders for all scheduled payments ie balance and security deposit automatically at a time interval you set. .
(4) Refunds security deposit automatically at a time interval you set. .
(5) Add surcharges ie we charge a cleaning fee if the guests stay less than 7 days. This can be done on the system
(6) Offer discounts for certain times of the year that you can set.
(7) Sends out a receipt automatically.
(8) Different email templates ie one for initial inquiry, one for balance due, one for security deposit due, even one for checklist. The timing of these are all amendable.
(9) Export calenders.
(10) Any replies from guests are sent to you personal / business inbox.

I have tried it out and it is an absolutely fantastic system. It has the potential of saving me a lot of time.

Future additions
(1) Optional extra ie pool heat, BBQ, and crib hire will be optional extras guests can add to the quote immediately prior to paying.

Cost is only <$5 for every booking they take on your behalf. Your own booking are free.

The guys who own the website are very receptive and have sorted out any issues within 24 hours. Really fantastic service.

Vanessa

Just Perfect

Reviewed on 7/13/2020

The reservation system works great and customer service is even better.

Pros

What I like the most is the customer service that is ideal, also [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] always help you to implement new tools, any questions are answered in a short time and we work from Spain that there are time differences. They are the best !

Cons

To this day and after more than three years working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]
, I have no complaints, sorry

Jennifer

A real godsend!

Reviewed on 3/1/2017

I found this amazing system and I have been one happy camper ever since! OwnerRez has really streamlined my Scrapbooking Rental Property business in so many ways. I love the reports and the ease of use. Their customer service is out of this world! They helped me make the program work for my business by tweaking things on their back end. In a matter of just ONE DAY at that!!! They give you a true 30 day trial to use all aspects of the program too.

Pros

Ease of use, customer service, price and reports

Cons

I would like to be able to have more control and design options in the email templates. I'd like to put multiple photos in my welcome email.

Response from OwnerRez

Nice to have found you too, Jennifer! Great to have you onboard. We have a lot of plans coming for email templates actually. Some of it got delayed because of other things, but we're on the same page there for sure!

Robert

• Customer Support Software

Manage several OTA's in one place

Reviewed on 4/2/2022

The staff is responsive, even for a small single property owner such as myself. You can tell they love their product and job.

Pros

Even for a small potatoes single vaca property owner this software saves so much time from having to manage Vrbo and Airbnb separately it's totally worth the money.

Cons

I don't have much negative to say or nothing comes to mind. Once you get use to it it's cruise control.

Damon

• Customer Support Software

Incredible! Owner Reservations simplifies and makes it fun!

Reviewed on 8/16/2015

We've been using OwnerReservations since we opened the doors on our vacation rentals on Lake Chelan (www.marinasedge.com) in 2013. We've since added 4 more units and with Owner Reservations managing 8 units is almost as easy as managing 4.
I would STRONGLY recommend Owner Reservations to anyone that owns a vacation rental. Owner Reservations automates almost all of our processes from initial inquiry to the lifetime of the customer. The software was created by vacation rental owners to simplify their lives, and it shows in the details of the software. Our guests have commented on how professional our interactions are-I attribute this to the professional appearance of the emails and web interface of Owner Reservations.
The software is incredibly high quality. In over 3 years of using it I've almost never experienced any problems. When there is a problem Owner Reservations always resolves it (almost immediately).
The cost of Owner Reservations is negligible compared to the absolute value it provides. Our bookkeeper recently indicated that she was spending an hour a month restructuring the financials from our vacation rental. We asked Chris and Paul if they could help. A few days later they had a solution that saved our bookkeeper an hour a month which saved us paying her about $75 per month (these savings alone more than pay for the fees to use Owner Reservations).
We love the software and could not have built a quarter million dollar a year business without it! Thanks Chris and Paul!

Debby
  • Industry: Legal Services

Top Rated Software for a newbie

Reviewed on 8/18/2020

Benefits: I can manage my own Vacation Rental property with the tools that OR has to offer. OR has made my transition easy from formerly using a Property Manager to now managing our units. If you're a newbie like me, the Conceirge Service they offer is the way to go! Thanks OR team for your quick response to my emails, helpful suggestions, recommendations, etc. Really love this product.

Pros

For a newbie, learning from scratch, this software is super easy to learn. There are videos associated with the features of the software. If you couple that with the Concierge service they offer, the learning curve is manageable. Concierge service is 10+stars! Worth every penny. The customer support is very quick in responding to questions via email and they help guide you thru the process to become successful with managing your own vacation rental. I HIGHLY recommend OwnerRez!!

Cons

I have no cons (yet). Only pluses how great this product is.