Escapia

Vacation rental software and guest management system

4.4/5
4.3/5
4.2/5
Customer Support Software
4.6/5

Hayley

Best Overall Management Software

Reviewed on 6/27/2017

It makes the ease of making reservation easy for our staff overall and the guests have less wait time on the phone while making a reservation. The ease of adjusting rents and creating rate rules allows for more revenue at the end of each year without any mistakes.

Pros

So many great things to say it is hard to know where to start. It is so easy to keep track of what is being completed where and by who. Always time stamps with names on holds, reservations, payments, refunds as well as email correspondence. The visual calendar is another added bonus because it gives a great overall picture of each home and dates that are and are not available so filing spots is very easy. The quick quote feature is fabulous as you can pick a home in the drop down menu and apply any filter and discounts that you already have up to any home easily. Web based is a very huge bonus because you are able to view any information on any device no matter where you are. The software also links up to many other sites so linking and sharing homes and rates is as easy as clicking a button and everything feeds right over. The quick search button at the top makes it very easy to find reservations that are valid or cancelled without having to use many steps.

Cons

When adding some new charges they can be hard to track if you are not 100% sure which report that you should be running to find them. Processing revenue can be difficult at some times when guests are in house and reservations crossover between months. This is mostly because if you need to adjust a reservation and revenue has already been processed it can cause some errors with commissions. Just have to be extra aware of what you are doing to not make any mistakes.

Becky

• Customer Support Software

The ONLY software you need for Vacation Rentals!

Reviewed on 9/2/2021

This is your one stop shop. Escapia connects seamless to your VRBO listings, so you can manage headlines and guest inquiries right from Escapia. We have tried other softwares that boosted in helping our business, but the lack of support those companies gave us, ultimately made us stop using them. We have a million parts moving each day and we need a central hub that keeps everything on track. Escapia is that for us!

Pros

The support we receive from the Escapia team has been like no other software companies we have used! The changing over to Escapia was hard for our team who have been using v12, but the Escapia team made sure we were comfortable being going live. The new rates manager is amazing! It makes setting and adjusting rates a breeze! No more looking at different windows and setting rate rules . Its all in one screen.

Cons

We are missing some key reports we used in V12, but the Escapia team has listened to our requests and are working on new reporting for Escapia. Its a learning curve to switch software companies, but its been worth it.

Medicore Software In A Sea Of Mediocrity

Reviewed on 12/11/2019

Pros

Tries very hard to be an all in one solution, direct integration with HomeAway/VRBO, good customer support, the team is clearly working hard on improvements but it's a bit like trying to push a dinosaur up a hill.

Cons

Very disjointed, I often refer to it as frankenstein because it feels like all the modules were poorly connected together. Does not have an open API so integration with other systems is limited. Overall the software is very old and outdated and while improvements are on the horizon, they are coming slowly and in the meanwhile my patience is running out.

Barefoot, Streamline and Kigo
Cathy

• Customer Support Software

Escapia is a powerful professional tool to help you run your businss

Reviewed on 7/11/2018

A powerful tool for the complete needs of a vacation rental management company, from providing guest quotes, customizing guest arrival experience, to managing accounts.

Pros

The accounting side of this software is strong and a knowledgeable user has powerful tools. Owner statements are transparent and clearly structured. Correspondence is attractive and easy to customize. The various tools available for setting rates/manipulating rates are easy to use. The reservation grid is easy to understand, and the filters and quotes make the reservationists' work easier and more consistent. Integration with Glad Hospitality helps provide a good guest experience without much effort (once the initial setup is complete). The reports are informative and useful. Bank reconciliation tool is an absolute essential. Having used Escapia and other VRM software while working for other companies, when I started my own company, I knew the only software I wanted to use was Escapia.

Cons

Features for automated or scheduled correspondence are weak. There is no "notes" area associated with owners for keeping a record of requests, authorizations, etc. Because it is a powerful system, to develop the skills necessary to fully take advantage of its many useful features means you need to invest some time and effort. That is not really a "con" to me. If you have a good tool, you want to learn to take full advantage of it. However, for a new user, it could seem a little scary. But we found that it's not terribly difficult to learn what you need to learn in order to successfully take advantage of the system as a basic user, and that if you want to stop there, you can and you'll still have a good system. It's worth putting in the work, though, to become a skilled user to take advantage of the full capabilities of the system.

Joy

• Customer Support Software

Absolutely Over the Top Pleased with Escapia by HomeAway!

Reviewed on 10/20/2014

I made the decision that Escapia would suit our needs best (in Feb of 2014).The integration is very detailed, but I knew what the end goal was when I had researched Escapia. One determining factor in going with Escapia, was the fact that HomeAway was so active and aggressive in this industry. It only made sense to partner with the Giant and take advantage of all the opportunities it would offer my company.

The things that I consider absolute PROS: They have automated all the tedious/time consuming processes such as rate building & yield management that I would spend days and hours on with our old software & now I do in about 30 minutes. I have the option of building my own rules & rate tiers, depending on our need to maximize occupancy & revenue. After my initial rules are built, I do not have to go in and spend 2 hours a day to make sure this is done..Escapia made it simple & it DOES the work for me. My saved time = revenue saved and made because I can now focus on new projects to produce new revenue streams.

Escapia also has so many opportunities to partner with multiple booking sites, that I have "new eyes" looking and finding my company every hour of every day.

For our marketing platform, I struggle with tracking and integrating between the time we developed a concept ->to putting it on our sites -> to launching the promotion(via any platform) ->to analytics->to eCommerce->to complete tracking. With our old software, it took sometimes a week to set all of that up from start to finish. With Escapia, I do it all at once, Again, so many saved hours and best of all ACCURATE Tracking and Conversion Reports & a websites that do what they are supposed to do: WORK.

They have support that answer and listen to the issue and most of the time walk you thru it and find the problem immediately and "teach" you how to address and fix it. That is worth the integration itself.

You have to do the work on the front end but after that it is pretty painless & we have more than made back the cost of the software in saved time, revenue, happy guests, our favorite: HAPPY OWNERS. The owner access is simple, easy & our owners are more than pleased with this aspect of Escapia & they have noticed the new and maximized exposure Escapia gives us.

I can say without hesitation, I made THE BEST choice for our company and could not be more pleased and my expectations have been blown away by Escapia and what it gives me.

suzanne

Best software out there for Property Managers

Reviewed on 12/5/2018

WE are very proud to be a part of the Escapia partnership with their software we have experienced tremendous growth year over year. By providing an excellent product we can spend more time on the things that matter.

Pros

Throughout the years our staff has worked with Barefoot, Property Plus and Property Boss. Escapia by far is the best choice for us. We like the grid view and the ease of reporting as well as the high level of support given by the customer service staff and account relations. If you advertise on HomeAway websites like VRBO the integration is seamless and easy. Great group of innovative individuals who are constantly trying to improve the software and stay ahead of the competitors

Cons

Sometimes there are a few too many steps to get things done, but when you provide feedback to the support staff they will work to improve things. We really feel like partners with with Escapia team.

Alexandra

• Customer Support Software

Perfect for vacation rental management companies small to large!

Reviewed on 4/3/2019

I have used Escapia or V12 at several companies for more than 8 years and I think once you learn the basics, it is very easy to become a master user, and I keep finding new features and reports that are really helpful!

Pros

The 3 best features of Escapia are 1. they are always updating and adding new features to be current with trends and needs of property manager. 2. They have absolutely the best support team of any software I have used to date. 3. The seamless integration with VRBO/HomeAway is unmatched with any other program!

Cons

The upfront cost is steep especially given how many other web based programs charge per unit and not a huge upfront commitment. And the aesthetic of the site to me, is not very appealing and seems out of date.

Hayley

Great Software

Reviewed on 11/8/2016

Like the new features that are constantly being added to the software, constantly making each function more efficient. Another great things is that it directly feeds into other 3rd party websites so rates are photos are always up to date. The visual planner is perfect for managing many homes all at once with a quick scroll. I definitely recommend Escapia if you are looking for a user friendly easy to use software.

Pros

It is very secure with passwords needing to be changed often and security questions. The new automatic payments tool is a great feature. Very user friendly and make it easy to navigate. Great for managing many homes and never having a double book problem.

Cons

Having to custom build some reports to be run

Gail

• Customer Support Software

I’m not liking the changes Homeaway has made

Reviewed on 3/1/2019

I have a good account manager that helps me through the changes they make, and that has made my decision to continue to list with them easier. They used to be a lot more “ vacation manager friendly”. I prefer to stay with the subscription model vs the PP, and feel like since they changed I haven’t been getting as good of booking results.

Pros

The reach that Homeaway /Escapia has is undeniably huge. I like that they have established a bridge or portal with my software company, so I only have to enter the listing info once.

Cons

I really dislike the way they have changed their business platform from a marketing platform to a booking platform.

Karen

• Customer Support Software

Rental Software that allows me to grow my business

Reviewed on 11/8/2016

I have been in the vacation rental industry for over 15 years and have been using Escapia for the last four years. A few of the reasons I am pleased with Escapia are: it is cloud based, extremely user friendly, integrates well with 3rd party channels, has built in auto responder to inquiries & auto sign contract capability, has great maintenance and housekeeping portals, and most importantly fantastic support. Another huge item to me is Escapia continually develops new ways to not only improve the product, but it truly focuses on ways their product can help my business grow. Hands down, best rental software I have ever used!

Pros

Ease of use, housekeeping and maintenance portals

Cons

A few minor glitches occasionally, but they are always on top of it!

Bethany

• Customer Support Software

Love Escapia, excited for their new software

Reviewed on 8/22/2019

I have loved my experience with Escapia and VRBO! They have wonderful customer service and this software is very easy to use.

Pros

I have so many great things to say about Escapia. My number one is customer support. If you can't figure something out immediately, give them a call and it will be fixed within minutes. We manage 70 vacation rental properties and use Escapia for pictures, descriptions, rates, everything! We recently attended one of their meetings where they announced they will be launching a new, more updated Escapia to combine their other softwares as well. I am very excited!

Cons

Sometimes it will go out for a while, but they do always have it back up and running in a timely manner. There's nothing to say I like the least because they are always willing to fix anything.

Karrie

• Customer Support Software

Escapia is by far the best software I have ever used!!

Reviewed on 11/8/2016

I have nothing but positive things to say about Escapia software. It is the best!! They are constantly making it better by doing upgrades and adding features to an already great platform! This software has great functionality and is easy to use. It integrates with our website so our guests can see live availability calendars. The automatic payment processing along with some many other features are huge time savers.

The customer support is phananominal! I always get a live person who is knowledgeable and can quickly help me solve what ever challenge I am having! They always follow-up to make sure everything is working correctly and to be sure the resolution is working.

I highly recommend Escapia! You will be happy you converted to it! I know we are!!

Pros

Easy of use and Customer Support

Cons

I can'tell think of anything I don't like.

Brittany

• Customer Support Software

Easy, efficient, and well worth the investment. We have been on for over 4 years now!

Reviewed on 2/27/2018

Pros

Easy to use, constant updates with details/advanced notice and how-tos, many....MANY reports from which to choose. Great marketing API feeds for listing sites/software to help you succeed in the vacation rental space, color-coded reservation grid for easy filtering and tracking.

Cons

The ability for Homeaway/VRBO brand to match back reservations on source - I pay for a secure software. The last thing I want is my data being stored, shared, and who knows what else by marketing platforms.

While the reports are fantastic, sometimes it'd be nice to have the ability to make your own report that didn't cost an arm and a leg for information that's already in the system.

Crystal

• Customer Support Software

Vacation Management Made Easy!

Reviewed on 6/25/2018

Pros

This software makes it super easy to manage properties from adding them onto a program to renting the units on a weekly basis. It is very user friendly once you have everything set up. It puts the reservation process, owner management, and accounting into one system to make it easy to manage.

Cons

The training was my least favorite thing about Escapia. It was difficult to get everything set up and going and learning how to manage everything, but the trainers worked with us for hours on the phone to get everything set up correctly. The support staff was always willing to assist.

thomas

Great support & value. Could update some functionalities

Reviewed on 11/10/2016

The flat rate per property is very fair and much cheaper than other PM softwares that charge a percentage per booking (LiveRez). The system is relatively easy to use but could really benefit users and increase efficiency if they updated some functionalities such as custom filtering for reports (rather than having a set amount of pre-made reports and switching the photo function to drag placement ordering rather than drop-down box number ordering. Escapia is very receptive to new ideas which you can submit through User voice. Their support staff is exceptional.

Pros

Lots of functionalities and seamless integration with crucial partner sites such as homeaway, vrbo, GTHY and point central

Cons

some parts of it could use updating

Tere

• Customer Support Software

Escapia has gotten bigger and better over the last 7 years that we have been using the...

Reviewed on 10/5/2017

Pros

Ease of use. The reservation grid is simple and reliable, giving you an accurate overview of bookings and availability. The support staff is excellent. Someone always answers the phone and has the solution, it wasn't always like that a few years ago. There are plenty of options with rate rules. Making last minute adjustments is not overly time consuming.

Cons

I love to utilize the booking reports, they are very useful. I wish there were more specific reports.

Jeanie

• Customer Support Software

Using Escapia has streamlined our business in a very positive way!

Reviewed on 10/5/2017

Pros

The customer support is on point, and a huge for us. Love the various reports, OwnerWeb Portal, Software University and "Online Community." Keeps our company ahead of the game.

Cons

Pricing plans/coupon codes a bit confusing but support is amazing and does a pretty good job of making sure you comprehend the logistics and helps make sure they are right in your software.

LaShonne

Escapia

Reviewed on 5/17/2019

We are a call center and we service and help different properties with booking reservations. We work with over 12 different systems, and this is a favorite.

Pros

I love the Escapia system is easy to train agents on and easy to use.

Cons

It is hard sometimes for the agents to remember that the last night of stay is the day of check out.

Patricia

Cadillac product

Reviewed on 12/18/2019

I don't think I even utilized every possible feature. It's a great product, but we just could not afford it.

Pros

Escapia was very powerful. It could do many things for our business. Also, support was outstanding.

Cons

It was just too expensive for us as we are a small vacation rental company.

Ryan

• Customer Support Software

Wonderful experience and able to take our agency to the next level

Reviewed on 10/10/2017

Pros

Works easily with the major listing sites. Updates are often and the team listens to feedback. Easy for new reservationists to pick up on the system.

Cons

Making rates isn't that easy along with quotes for time periods not set up in advance. Scheduling inspections is not easy either.

Vivian

LOVE Escapia

Reviewed on 9/9/2021

I love Escapia and everything it does to make my job easier.

Pros

The ability to complete all my needs with one software

Cons

With the new features Escapia is rolling out with I don't have any cons.

Bharath (BEN)

Best PM Software

Reviewed on 9/25/2018

Pros

Very easy to understand and cost effective. Each module has a unique ability to help hospitality business.

Cons

The time it takes to learn or understand the software. however the CSR team is good and always supportive

Harrison

Great Customer Support and Product

Reviewed on 10/12/2021

Pros

The ease of use and customer service when we need help

Cons

It is a very thorough platform so it takes a lot of time to learn

Bertha (Kiki)

• Customer Support Software

I appreciate the prompt service when I need it.

Reviewed on 11/8/2016

I came in not understanding the program well with no one to assist me. Help centers and their representatives were so helpful to walk me through and issues and training. Thanks!

Pros

User friendly

Cons

always room for improvement

Alexander

Escapia for Vacation rental Managers

Reviewed on 10/15/2014

We have been clients of Escapia since 2009 and found it to be one the best platforms for our call center to use when booking reservations. We have had many requests for software enhancement over this time period and have been pleasantly pleased with the Escapia's/Homeaway's response to our needs. The ease at which our staff at multiple levels is able to learn the use of the program is a time saver as well when we hire new staff. As we use the program more over time we do run into "wants" that are always taken under advisement and from time to time actually implemented, there are some opportunities for the program to be better in the housekeeping area and with Maintenance. Over all this is one of the best software platforms available in the market today and comes close to a custom program but without the expense or cost of a custom design team. Its very reassuring to know we have a team at Homeaway devoted to improving and looking at ways to enhance their product for the industry and it's users needs! We believe that due to the investment and the personnel devoted to Escapia by Homeaway, that the product will be around for a very long time which is important to us in terms of the future and for us not needing to make a change in software as we grow.