Quickbase Reviews

Quickbase

Write a Review!
No-code collaborative work and project management platform.

4.1/5
4.3/5
4.1/5
Customer Support Software
4.3/5

Quickbase transformed our business

Reviewed on 2017-01-04

My company is an energy efficiency contracting business with 20+ employees and $2.5M in annual revenue across residential and commercial business lines. Before we used Quickbase, we had used a combination of other software, and a proprietary software we built to manage our operations. Where these software fell short, Quickbase far exceeded. Simply put the ability create, extend, and change our application to meet our specific needs in a constantly changing environment is powerful. Our application has become our CRM, Project Management, and Operational tracking ad reporting software all built into one with a lot of automation and integration to boot!

Pros

Developing on Quickbase is incredibly easy. Most business operators with basic business software instincts can start building in Quickbase immediately, or they can choose an application on their exchange to start off with. Beyond the basics, where Quickbase really shines is how robust of a platform it is with incredible functionality including beautiful reporting, dynamic filtering, formula fields and form logic, integration ability, and more. There's always a new trick you can learn in Quickbase.

In terms of usability, that's really all in the app your choose to use or build. It can be really clunky or sleek. All depends on your ability to build a usable app. The design of the interface is basic, but they're in the process of rolling out a new UI called Mercury that looks great.

Cons

Quickbase does not provide a ton of customer support. They rely on an incredible community of users and developers as well as approved Quickbase Solutions Providers (QSPs) that customers can contract with for help with building their applications. But if you're looking to go at it on your own, you will have to dig if you need help with something. As savvy of as Quickbase user I am, it took me three years before I even learned that I had an account manager at Quickbase.

Cody
  • Industry: Accounting Software
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Quick Base is a solid way to visualize and share data with controls

Reviewed on 2020-12-29

I have used Quick Base for a long time, and can get around easier than many of my colleagues. I view that as a mark against Quick Base, but overall it serves well as a place to store and visualize data for a distributed team.

Pros

Quick Base is a solid way to visualize and share data with controls. It serves well as a data repository and tool for displaying large data sets.

Cons

Not as intuitive as some of the competitors, sometimes it takes 2-3 menu clicks to get where you're going.

abe
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

• Customer Support Software

Disturbing Relationship with a company that should be there for your success

Reviewed on 2020-05-15

In the begining, we started using the app. everything was great until about a year in. im not happy and for the investment, take my advise, SPEND the Extra money and just use Salesforce they arent the best platform for no good reasons. we have already started using Salesforce and have befitted from the switch Greatly.

Pros

This App is basically an excel sheet on steroids.

Cons

The app takes you through multiple steps to save, add or edit an app page. When it comes to process, this app will make you click "Edit" then once you enter your data you have to click "save". The "premier" users or platinum users is ok but when you try to speak to them, all you get is "good luck going else where" . The fact is, they will lure you in, but lets face it. once you move your database in, they count on you not moving it out.

Salesforce Revenue Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Quickbase

I thought it would be the same quality for a cheaper price, we were all wrong.
Josh
Josh

• Customer Support Software

Quickbase apps are best when envisioned and built by the Business Users

Reviewed on 2023-05-09

Education of internal Quickbase builders is key to bringing together the above ideas. Business professionals at your company can learn about and capitalize on Quickbase's foundational building blocks with the help of a teacher. Say your company needs a particular app ASAP, and you don't want to go through the traditional iterative cycles with IT professionals to build it. Rather you prever to ask a Quickbase teacher to help YOU do the work. You can learn the basic Quickbase underpinnings as much as you feel comfortable with. When you get to parts that you don't know how to build, just ask for more knowledge, and you will be surprised how fast you can absorb the wizardry of Quickbase. Obviously there are some parts of complex apps that might benefit from building by fully vested Quickbase consultants. However, just by knowing the basics of how Quickbase works, you will be interfacing with those consultants much more efficiently and rewardingly.From my IT / Quickbase teacher perspective, the most powerful part of Quickbase is teaching Quickbase builders on the inside of companies. I help them to build their dreams. Dreams that only they can envision, as they are the most experienced with the business details. Many of my successful Quickbase consulting engagements have lasted five to ten years in length, and started with a client who wanted to learn. It is better for everyone involved. Your end-users will enjoy the interfaces better as well.

Pros

I have worked with databases for thirty years, but Quickbase stands apart from all other platforms I've used. Because Quickbase is low-code, non-IT professionals can master it. In my previous platforms, IT professionals (me) were required to do most if-not-all implementation and configuration. However with Quickbase, a company's Office Administrator, Quality Controller, Production Lead, Project Manager, Event Planner, etc can be the core builder of apps. After all those people know way more of the day-to-day operations of the slice of the business. We IT professionals spend our time learning and working on databases, but Quickbase is so accessible by non-IT folks that their hands-on building can greatly enhance the end result of all data app builds. If your company makes high-end medical equipment, then would you rather have the Head of Quality Controller be the lead architect and builder of your QC apps, or an IT professional who has zero experience controlling your product quality. Would you prefer to meet your Quality Controller at the water-cooler to discuss new specs in a few spoken words, or to relaying your thoughts through that person via Powerpoint specs to the IT team? It is a blessing to have people who drive the company also drive the vision and outcome of Quickbase apps.

Cons

The thing that scares people about Quickbase is that it is so unlimited in what it can do. Users can build process flow, CRM, inventory management, personnel onboarding, and construction project documentation apps; the possibilities are endless. That can be a bit scary for a prospective new user who only wants one thing, and they want it now. They might not have the patience for a platform that can be everything to everyone in their company. And yet, adaptability is what makes Quickbase so great. Users can knit together widely disparate parts of their company on the single Quickbase platform, with world-class ease of use.

Idaly
Idaly
  • Industry: Semiconductors

• Customer Support Software

Quickbase helped me improve team efficiency.

Reviewed on 2023-04-16

The benefits of Quickbase are numerous, from faster app creation and custom workflows to increased team efficiency. The ability to tailor the platform to our specific needs has allowed us to improve project management and make decisions based on real-time data. Process automation has reduced errors and waiting times, increasing customer satisfaction. In short, Quickbase has provided us with a solid platform to drive the success of our projects and facilitate innovation in our organization.

Pros

Quickbase has been a real game changer in my role as a Project Manager. The ease of building and customizing apps without the need for programming knowledge has allowed my team and I to develop custom solutions for our specific challenges. Real-time collaboration and change tracking improved our communication and productivity.

Cons

While Quickbase is a powerful tool, I've found that the subscription cost can be a hurdle for some organizations. Some advanced features may also require additional support from a platform expert, which can increase costs.

Stephen
  • Industry: Maritime

Stay away from QuickBase

Reviewed on 2024-02-08

Terrible! Customer service is non-existent.

Terrible! Customer service is non-existent.

Pros

It is easy to navigate and self explanatory.

Cons

Development costs, availability of developers.

Also, QuickBase will lock you into a long term contract at a high price. They will not help you, The customer service is terrible. Once you sign the contract, the account representative is nearly impossible to reach. They have your money and you are held hostage by them. .

George
George

• Customer Support Software

Quickbase: the the missing link between applications and and business owners

Reviewed on 2016-02-22

I have used Quickbase for about 2 years now, and I have needed to create the application for my company from scratch.
After having dabbled with the likes of designing a SQL or Access database, to creating a seemingly easier FileMaker application, Quickbase ended up winning those, hands down.

From a UI/UX perspective, Quickbase is a very intuitive products. You will immediately notice the attention to detail in designing this product the very first time you run into an error in a formula, or any design element. All feedback from the application is so detailed to the point where it practically resolves the issue for you. No other application has ever done that for me.

Furthermore, it allows even a non-technical user create fairly complex applications that are far from achievable using a normal database product.

Even if you are looking to create certain more advanced functionality in Quickbase, for instance, interacting with other applications via the API, you have native connectors within Quickbase which is constantly growing, and you can use applications like Zapier to further than integration without requiring any programming knowledge.

I can write about the benefits of this application for pages, but, I will just say that, if you are drowning in Excel sheets to run your business, and have no way to link your data in an elegant way, do yourself a favor, and check out Quickbase for this purpose.

Pros

- Easy of use (Great UI/UX)
- Flexible Interface
- Scalable
- Supports a full API for integration to virtually any other application
- Allows for scaling to a multi-user application, allowing for complex workflows to match business process.
- It's a mature product, which means that you would hard pressed to ask a question that hasn't already been answered by one of the Quickbase geniuses in the community forums.
- The community support is fantastic, and their support is very quick and efficient.

Cons

- Reports are not easily formattable. So, if you want to send out reports to your clients, or internally within the company, you would have to resort to 3rd party tools to allow for such functionality.
I'm hoping that Quickbase will work on this particular aspect of their reporting in future releases.

Response from Quickbase

Thanks for the fantastic review, George! Glad to hear QuickBase is working for you and your organization. We are always working to enhance QuickBase -- including updating our reporting options -- so please stay tuned for great new features in the future!

• Industry: Political Organization

Quickbase: Easy to Learn, Rewarding to Master

Reviewed on 2015-09-18

I have been using Quickbase since July of 2011 with my consulting firm that specializes in making Operations, Logistics, and Finance-related applications for many clients in the Washington, DC area. Coming from a statistics programming background, I found it very easy to start making simple relational databases and customize the user experience to my liking. Over the years, Quickbase has only gotten better in offering more options and polish, while still remaining stable and very robust for any number of use cases. One downside to being such a broad tool is that our clients sometimes don't even think to ask if something can be done in Quickbase, and instead wasting money on a more targeted application that is more out of the box ready. We commonly find that with new clients, making a simple app starts to open up the "what ifs" in their mind on what can be done in Quickbase. This is made even easier these days with the Quickbase App Exchange, showcasing beginner level applications, and the new Quickbase Sync which allows out of the box (one-way) data transfers from several 3rd party applications.

Overall as a developer, the more time you put into exploring what Quickbase can do, the more possibilities there are in meeting requirements for potential projects.

Pros

Easy to set-up, but has a lot of depth for those willing to take the time to learn. Low-code and great for experienced Excel and Google Sheets formula writers.

Cons

They are working on this, but the front end often receives complaints for looking too plain. Also the summary aggregation reports are in need of some TLC, and adding more functionality for picky executives who want things to look a certain way. I hope the attention they are putting into the very nice looking graphs and charting options is turned to Summary Reports soon!

Robertson
Robertson
  • Industry: Printing
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Deploy highly customizable workflow apps in no time

Reviewed on 2021-08-03

Overall, it meets our business and operational needs within manufacturing quality. We use QuickBase in a number of our operations workflow. Workflow automation, messaging system, and customizable user dashboards are 3 key features in this app that we use a lot.

Pros

QuickBase is one of those apps that allow actual app users to design and create applications based on what they actually need. This is a platform that allows you to deploy apps in no time. This app also allows you to continuously evolve your apps as new requirements arise.

Cons

Just like any other platforms in the market, this platform is constantly evolving. Areas where I think QuickBase can improve more is its native report generation capability. More chart types and more widgets you can fit in the dynamic dashboard within its native capability is a welcome improvement.

Swapnil
Swapnil
  • Industry: Textiles

QuickBase: Streamline Your Business Processes and Improve Operational Agility

Reviewed on 2023-02-20

Our experience with QuickBase has been overwhelmingly positive. We found that the platform was very intuitive, making it easy for us to get up and running quickly. The features and integrations allowed us to easily automate many of our business processes, saving us time and money. The customer support team was also incredibly helpful in walking us through any issues we had. Overall, QuickBase has been an invaluable tool for our company and has helped us improve our operational agility, customer responsiveness, and employee engagement.

Pros

What I liked the most about Quickbase is its power and flexibility when it comes to customizing solutions to fit your business's needs. Not only that, but their customer service team is incredibly helpful - they always respond quickly and provide support whenever needed. Furthermore, the interface is very user-friendly and intuitive; you can create a database in minutes with no coding skills necessary. All in all, QuickBase provides an excellent solution for businesses looking to quickly streamline their processes and increase efficiency.

Cons

One of the things we didn't like about QuickBase was the lack of user-friendly features. While the platform is powerful, it can be quite difficult to set up and maintain. The learning curve might be a bit steep for less tech-savvy users, so they may need assistance in getting accustomed to the software. Additionally, there are limited customization options for the look and feel of the applications created in QuickBase.

Christine
Christine

• Customer Support Software

Quickbase as a practice management solution

Reviewed on 2019-07-06

Quickbase has taken us to another step in management of our growing practice and has allowed us to circulate some responsibilities easily as well as generate reports that can support a concrete understanding of the projects and programs that we are managing across the practice over time and by scale.

Pros

Quickbase offers an overall troubleshooting solution for our organizations practice management needs which has allowed us to move from a bottlenecking of administrative processes ranging from client relationship management to reimbursement processing for consultants.

Cons

Its not super user friendly and there are limited bells and whistles. Its not well connected to other services or applications that we use, google and trello as examples of what would be useful but are not included for this application.

Airtable and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Quickbase

We wanted something with more complex modifications for our uses.

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Quickbase

Familiarity with the program on the part of one of our administrators was a key factor as they could most easily support a transition versus learning a new alternative.
Michelle

Quickbase Review

Reviewed on 2023-08-04

Pros

Quickbase allows developers to customize the apps, forms, tables, and fields to best fit our application. It allows us to use coding to achieve some cool code pages and buttons within our apps. In addition, Quickbase continues to make improvements to the ease of use both within the apps and the Pipelines. Adding drag and drop features allows us to make changes quicker than we did before when we had to remove and re add.

Cons

Additional Pipeline tags would be a nice feature to have. Right now we are limited on the number of tags we can have for our Pipelines. Additionally, it is difficult to remove old tags as you have to go through each individual Pipeline and remove the tag. This is especially difficult for companies with hundreds of Pipelines such as ourselves. Additionally, we would like to see some of our support cases gain more traction. There have been numerous times where we submit an issue and the ticket either gets ghosted after the first communication, or the ticket just gets closed with no explanation. Currently there is an issue where our users can see the fields under a tab that is "hidden".Finally, it would be beneficial to be able to see more helpful details in the field usage page, especially with Pipelines. It tells you if it is used in one but there is no easy way to find that Pipeline from the information given.

• Industry: Facilities Services

Customer service below par.

Reviewed on 2015-05-29

Quickbase does not offer a phone number for customer service and sometimes take days to respond to e-mails. I often seem to know more about the program than the service representative I get - my boss says if I stay on the phone long enough with Quickbase I will figure a way around the problem while they tell me all the reasons something can't be done. I have found you can't respond to the surveys they send honestly if you want any help next time. The rep will scold you about how it negatively impacts their career and will likely not pick your email next time which means you wait that much longer before you get help next time. The reps like to call after office hours so they can show they attempted to respond quickly but you get no real help. The table-to-table relationships are so convoluted you will need a half-dozen fields and a weird relationship table to get information from one table to another, and then it won't arrive the way you want: It may be a drop-down that you have to click on four different fields to get the info from the other table. Ever need a simple number generator (x+1) for invoice numbers, job numbers, etc? Go somewhere else or hire someone to build you one (Excel users will cry). You get the response: we are working on that.
Bottom Line: when developing a management program you will have time-sensitive issues that will make you wish for something better.

Pros

Cloud-based program.

Cons

Convoluted, poor customer service, slow loading tables.

Response from Quickbase

Hi Brad -

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We do pay close attention to what our customers say about us, and are always looking for opportunities to improve.

I'm sorry to hear you've had a negative experience with our Customer Care team. We set a high bar for delivering world-class customer service, and take your feedback seriously.

We have also been hard at work solving some of the product challenges you mentioned. This week we announced QuickBase Sync, a built-in feature that makes connecting QuickBase tables — and getting the right data in the right format — easier than ever. Many companies are also using Sync to import invoice numbers directly from their accounting platforms (QuickBooks Online, Intacct, or NetSuite, for example), which may help solve the formula challenge you mentioned.

Please feel free to follow up with me directly at [email protected]. I am happy to continue working with you to ensure you're as successful as possible.

Mel Porter
Customer Care Leader
Intuit QuickBase

Norman
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Our main project management tool

Reviewed on 2020-08-16

Pros

- Users can be taught how to use main features in short period of time.
- Graphical interface gives good reporting of metrics.
- Easy to use as a ticketing and request tool for interactions with clients.
- Easy to find/locate previous tickets for prior projects and work.
- Ability to make sub-tasks of a projects allows work to be split up and assigned.

Cons

- Inability to take more the three attachments for a particular project seems space limiting for larger endeavors.
- Limited number of user licenses means only certain people can use/create tickets.

Response from Quickbase

Hey there, Norman!
We'd like to thank you for taking the time and leaving us a review. We'd be happy to submit your feedback to our developers. Most of the updates and features we roll out come directly from our community. You can keep up to date with the new additions to QuickBooks by visiting our blog: (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/blog/). We also recommend visiting our community page for tips, answers to commonly asked questions/support and more: (community.intuit.com).
We hope you have an amazing day!
-Jay, The QuickBooks Team.

Ashley
Ashley

• Customer Support Software

Useful and innovative with a few unfortunate quirks.

Reviewed on 2018-03-21

The software can be made HIPAA compliant and we were able to gather data from it in another form. Those were the top 2 benefits.

Pros

The customization capabilities are impressive. You can create pretty much anything using this software, and what's even more impressive is that you can gather data using this software. I used it to create satisfaction surveys (both internally and externally) and it proved to be an invaluable tool in that sense. Additionally, this software proved to be a fantastic asset with maintaining patient portals, employee profiles, etc.

Cons

Unfortunately, profiles (as easy as they are to create) are very easy to delete and screw up. You can manipulate security access and such, but if someone makes a wrong move and deletes a profile (or worse, a FIELD), you're in trouble. ALL of that data will be lost if that happens. It would be nice to have an automatic backup of some sort just in case, but we did not find that to be an option in our testing and use of the product. There are a few odd quirks, as well -- for instance, you may have to create relationships that are multi-faceted or "backwards" to get profiles to "talk" to each other. Sometimes that feature is not as intuitive as you might hope.

Lauren
  • Industry: Design

Quickbase is a Game Changer

Reviewed on 2023-03-31

Learning CRM and how to keep up relationships/ask for new jobs. Easy source to find old and new clients. Helps me keep track of my numbers (goals, invoicing, pipeline).

Pros

The program is extremely organized and allows me to multitask and manage over 150 projects. Setting dates that create reminders for my projects important deadlines, following up on quotes out for approval, checking on order status, etc.

Cons

There are many columns in the job page that will not show up on the quote that are crucial to customer reading it (ex: UOM). User has to be detailed in description instead of relying on the unit of measurement column.

Sanford
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

Quick Base Has Been Good To Us

Reviewed on 2020-08-26

With QB one of the main things we use it for is to track inventory. This is used on a daily basis by the team and is an efficient way to manage may of our assets. There are other reports that we use QB for and it is a good way for us to communicate with our team without having to send multiple emails out.

Pros

QB is pretty easy to learn and use. We can put a new person in one of our modules and show them how to use it straight away. There are more advanced features that we use but those are also easy to come up to speed on.

Cons

The only issue I have had with this is customizing reports that I have already created. It took me a little bit of time in order to find out how to do it and when I tried to do it again I had forgotten how I had done it before. Maybe it's just me but this is not a clearly labeled feature.

• Customer Support Software

Quickbase helps keep my projects on track and on budget

Reviewed on 2021-06-25

Pros

I might be out of the norm here for Quickbase, but my team primarily uses it as a ticketing solution. We work with departments across my organization that require our team's knowledge and expertise, and keeping track of requests and tickets before Quickbase was a pain. I relied on my team to mark their own requests and to share them with others, but sometimes requests or tickets fell through the cracks. With Quickbase, I can stay on top of my team's requests and delegate tasks where appropriate.

Cons

Quickbase is feature rich, but it is not the prettiest software I've ever used. While I do appreciate the simplicity, the UI/UX might be a turn off for new users just learning the ropes.

David

• Customer Support Software

A great way to set goals, track progress, and clearly set tasks and deadlines for team members.

Reviewed on 2018-01-18

Pros

QuickBase is, first of all, affordable. There are many different products on the market with similar functionality but also with a price tag which renders them impractical for many small businesses. With this software, we have been able to assign projects and deadlines to each member of the team while simultaneously providing a visual as to how their project contributes to the larger picture. Furthermore, this software has allowed us to identify projects which require more manpower or can be done with less; the identification of these situation has allowed us to proactively correct assignments before consternation among the team members arises.

Cons

The User Interface is a little confusing to navigate initially. To counteract this, we put together an instructional presentation and had our team members perform a brief exercise to ensure they were well equipped.

Jose

Detailed Oriented Management

Reviewed on 2023-02-06

Pros

Capabilities for keeping track of overall activities within the organization, centralizing most of contracts and related documentation is highly appreciated.

Cons

The learning curve can be difficult on training stages, but once the team is comfortable using the platform there are no major complains

Odoo and monday.com
Attila
  • Industry: Chemicals

Powerhouse for business operation

Reviewed on 2023-10-17

The system is very easy to use. It has a modern layout which is pleasant to work with. The main advantages of this system that authorized personel can shape the software to our needs with ease. The software is fast to work with. There are countless way to use it.

Pros

Integration of new features is very quick ans easy for our IT personel.

Cons

We do not have problems with Quickbase as we can solve any problems that may occur.

Isabelle
Isabelle

• Customer Support Software

Quickbase - for the motivated user

Reviewed on 2017-08-14

Quickbase can be as powerful as you make it - it has the ability to build huge, custom, smart databases that are integrated with other platforms to remove data silos and ensure smooth and efficient work flows. However to really get the most out of Quickbase you need to be motivated to learn, explore and build test case apps to really understand what you need and how to get that out of QuickBase. The learning curve isn't too bad, and there is a fantastic community of users providing innovative solutions to problems all the time.

Pros

Great support and help system
New "QuickBase University" for training and learning is great for new and old users to develop their QB development
Fantastic flexibility to build exactly what you need

Cons

User interface - not great, our organisation has struggled with uptake due to the reasonably spartan and functional user interface

Daniel
  • Industry: Consumer Services

• Customer Support Software

An almost perfect tool for SMBs

Reviewed on 2017-05-23

Pros

Easy transition from excel to quickbase. Very intuitive to import and create data-bases. I dont have any further programing background (except the programing classes I had during my engineering graduation), but still I was able to set the programs and reports I need for my company.

Cons

Lack of support for specific characters of the Portuguese / French / Spanish language, such as ç, é, è, ã etc. This made it impossible to use email synchronization tools (we use gmail) and even sending emails through the tool has problems with those characters.

It is very bad to send an email with the name of an unconfigured company just because it has a simple caret.

I'm not asking Quickbase to translate the tool, but only to make it usable by countries that do not use English alone. Because this does not allow us to use 100% of the tool, my note will not be 100% either.

Kimberly

• Customer Support Software

we use this to send and receive PO's from our customers.

Reviewed on 2017-12-21

makes it easier for us to send P.O.'s back and forth between us and our customer. Saves time and money.

Pros

user friendly and easy to navigate through the site. you can find what you are looking for quickly.
its very convenient way to send documents back and forth between us and our customers.

Cons

when you are up loading files at certain times of the day I.E. mid morning and afternoon. it takes a long time to upload docs. to the site some times it times out or you need to restart the process again . this would be the only con i have about this product.

Elizabeth

Quick Review

Reviewed on 2023-08-22

Overall, I enjoy using and developing Quickbase

Overall, I enjoy using and developing Quickbase

Pros

Customization is great, especially when you work with so many different clients

Cons

Formulas bog it down. I would love it if there was a way to use native queries rather than having to create my own, very complex formulas.