Showing 119 reviews of 105

Toggl Plan

Task scheduling for project planning and team management

4.5 /5 (105 reviews) Write a Review!

Showing 119 reviews of 105
Soledad M.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great Software! The nicest interface!

Reviewed on 2020-09-09

I arrived to Toggl plan by serendipity looking for pomodoro Toggl tracker Feature.
I love to try new tools and Toggle tracker is almost a must have productivity tool to me.
Very comfortable to make plans and divided them in logic tasks, with a really nice look and and feel.
A small and lovely usability detail: You don't have to press edit or save to make changes on cards, totally comfortable feature when you are in planning meetings

Pros

The interface of Toggl Plan is the most friendly and well designed of all kanban tools.
Lovely typo, colors and very exact descriptions on cards, made me have crush with the tool.
The

Cons

Sadly it has a weird integration with Toggl Tracker (even it works better with Trello).
You can't see directly your Toggl Tracker clients and related them with a plan.
Also when you go to your account, you can't back to the tool (had to click back button several times on the browser)
With this small fixes, would be best tool.

Lee B.
  • Industry: Design

Capacity Resourcing at it's best!

Reviewed on 2020-08-24

I had spoken to a handful of platforms and tried the free trials of others, and they just wasn't what I needed. When I found Toggl Plan there was no looking back. It has the high level functionality of assigning weekly capacity so I can plan my weeks/months accurately, with the more in depth phases, tasks, milestones, etc that is needed on an individual project level. There is the ability to include larger teams, and I can share the project timelines with my clients to track progress and be o the same page.
It is very simple and intuitive to use.

Pros

What I like most is the 'Team View' timelines so I can plan my time/projects accordingly. I can see a high level view of what projects I have, how many hours I need to work on each project that week, what weeks are fully booked, and when I can book the next project in without burning myself out. I can also see project deadlines (milestones) within the same view.
What is also super awesome is I can share these timelines on an individual client level so they can see their project and what is scheduled as well as the project progress.

Cons

The only thing I have found a little annoying is the hourly assignments. You have to calculate the daily capacity which means if the 'phase' of a project moves from 4 days to only 2 days but it requires the same amount of time associate with it you have to re-calculate the daily hours. It would be nice if you could simply assign a weekly amount of hours to a phase, and then have that amount stay as it is whether the phase is stretched across 1, 2, 3 days or all week.

Looking good - but not quite there yet

Reviewed on 2020-04-12

It's been good. I used this as my go to planning app for projects and studies for around 3 months and it worked well. I still use it now when I need to plan for the long term and want to quickly calculate if I have enough person hours available. I am hoping a few more improvements will come in on the daily planning side, perhaps some more integrations, and I can get additional use out of the service.

Pros

This is a really cool app. It was great for planning my studies. I still use it occassionally for long term planning of projects. The drag and drop interface worked well. I liked the hour calculation.

Cons

I felt the mobile experience was lacking. It's amazing for long term planning, even weekly planning, but gets awkward when it comes to daily planning, or planning in fine detail for timetabling. It's great for regular arrangements, but gets messy when it comes to extraordinary events.

Linda R.
  • Industry: Design

Easy, simple, and beautiful tool for project management

Reviewed on 2019-09-04

It has allowed myself and our team to become more efficient by knowing who's doing what, which deadlines are shared across global offices, and to view 'at a glance' someone's work load and specific projects to collaborate.

Pros

It's incredibly intuitive and easy to use. Mouse interaction for dragging and duplicating tasks makes this feel like a high quality, well developed tool. The design is beautiful and is easy on the eyes as well, specially after this year's latest update.

Cons

It doesn't allow full customization beyond colors for projects/tasks, or to see progress "at a glance"/without needing to click on a task.

Michelle M.

Reliable Tool for Tracking Time for Clients and Projects

Reviewed on 2020-09-03

Toggl is critical to my client billing. The software allows me set up unique rates for clients and / or projects, and I'm able to pull detailed, accurate reports for clients who are billed by the hour. For my clients who pay me a retainer, I'm able to track my time on specific projects and tasks and ensure that I'm not working too little or too much against the retainer.

Pros

I've been using Toggl for years now to track my time on many projects for multiple clients, and what I like most about this app is the easy-to-use interface. The functionality is very intuitive and it's easy to set up clients, projects, track time and pull reports. There is a third layer of tracking that helps me identify time spent on specific tasks as part of projects.

Cons

Very occasionally, I will think I've started the timer on a task and it doesn't start, so I'll have to manually enter my time, which is easy to do.

Daniel G.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Simple and Favorite time keeping app!

Reviewed on 2018-12-06

Pros

I love toggl. It's so focused on what it's meant to be; a time tracking app. I've tried a number of apps like this and they all require a lot of clicks or taps to get it started. This one is simple and had the least number of steps to start tracking. The mobile app is just like the website so there's no trouble in using either platform. It just simply works and helps track the work.

Cons

One feature wish is that it would track what programs you use. I've seen some productivity apps that track what apps or programs you are using and for how long, having this and a project timer would be ideal for tracking not only how long you are working on something but also which programs you have to use most in project.

Lauren M.

Perfect tool for independent contractors to log time on multiple projects/clients

Reviewed on 2018-05-10

Would love a timebox or pomodoro timer element added to help drive productivity.

Pros

Easy to organize and log time for multiple clients and projects. Automatically groups hours according to client/project and color codes. Easy to report hours by client and/or project to multiple file formats (PDF, csv, etc) and at different levels of detail. Easy to edit dates/times when necessary. Mobile app is perfect for keeping time on-the-go.

Cons

Unable to customize the columns that are reported, so requires me to manually remove unwanted columns when formatting reporting for employers.

Abel M.
  • Industry: Animation

Abel's Review

Reviewed on 2020-03-05

Pros

It is easy to work with and plan the animation film production for my students

Cons

Printing should be MUCH better. It makes all sense to print the plan in a full row.
My students usually tries to get to toggle platform, which is another thing. Toggle Plan is not a nice name.

Emile D.

Keeping track of your billable hours has never been easier.

Reviewed on 2018-10-12

Pros

Toggl allows you to set up a wide variety of customers and projects each with their own tariff per hour, the developers then simply activate the timer when they are working on a clients project and when done, stops the timer to reflect the exact time spent on the described task.

Cons

To fully unlock all the features we would like to use, can become quite a pricey venture as we have discovered so make sure to do proper research beforehand.

Best Plan Ever

Reviewed on 2020-05-28

Planning is much simpler with Toggl Plan. It integrates well two important views of the tasks' organization. It is easy to share a view mode and keep a record of tasks completeness. I may be wrong but it looks like the bar that indicates late delivery on Gantt was replaced by an icon status, which is the link with the columns in Kanban indeed. This has taught me a better planning practice, however, I missed a way to measure my performance because I can't see my working pace.

Pros

It can easily switch between Kanban (board view) and Gantt (timeline view), allowing the understanding of different nuances of the project planning. Also, the scroll works very well on the timeline view, since we only need to hold "shift" while scrolling to go forward and backward throughout the dates. The drag feature with multiple tasks is awesome too.

Cons

Sometimes the page loading time takes so long. Sometimes the tasks duplicate while dragging the activities on bulk edit mode. And there isn't a horizontal scrollbar, and I don't think intuitive to hold "shift" to scroll for both sides. I took a while to find it out. At last, milestones could be integrated to external calendars.

Jamie L.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Great trackr- works quickly and reliably

Reviewed on 2018-07-05

Pros

Easy to use web app or phone app. Quick to add tags and run reports, and even if the app crashes- which admittedly it does more often than I'd like- it restarts quickly and without ANY loss of data- including current time-keeping

Cons

The reports in pdf form look great and contain useful data; the Excel forms are lacking in that. I often have to use both- ERxcel for the editable numbers and the pdf for the additional details. Not a big deal, but it would be nice if the Excel form contained the same categories and information as the pdf.

Marek G.

Free trial with Toggl plan

Reviewed on 2020-03-27

After testing the trial we are 50:50 decided to use this software. Values for many is average and there are better services of this kind for such money they ask for.

Pros

Even the software is quite new there were not bugs and it was running smoothly. The UI is straightforward and it meets our requirements in like 90%. We think some new functionalities will come over the course of time.

Cons

The price seems to me quite high comparing it to some another products of similar kind. Mainly this is because there is not much functionality at the moment.

Jendi C.
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Newest Tech with Awesome, Old-School Service

Reviewed on 2020-09-29

Stellar.

Pros

I have tried more project management software packages than I care to admit. I finally found one that works--enough detail to be useful but easy enough to use that I can stick with it.

Cons

I would like to be able to enter recurring tasks more easily.

Stacey R.

Love Teamweek

Reviewed on 2019-06-08

Very positive experience using Teamweek.

Pros

I love Teamweek! It is a great project management tool. I love having an easy overview of all my current projects and their due dates.

Cons

I wish the time wasn’t in military time. That’s my only complaint.

Harvey M.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

One of the best time trackers I've ever used

Reviewed on 2018-07-10

Pros

With even the free version for tracking a simple process or multiple processes, one would prefer a timer like this over even Google's free timer, just due to the innovative features such as collaboration, description of time tracked, and reporting, not to mention the beautiful aesthetic design.

Cons

The only drawback when using this product is when using it as an addon for another favorite product of mine (Trello), it doesn't always run as smooth when tracking the tasks from my Trello tasklist.

Steve G.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Toggl is an Easy-to-Use Free Time-Tracking Resource For Freelancers.

Reviewed on 2018-02-08

Ideal for those looking for straight time-tracking.

Pros

Easy-to-use. Fast set up and flexible array options related to time-tracking. Offers four tiers of service.

Cons

Has a free pay tier but priced tiers are pricey. Strictly for time-tracking; no related features offered.

• Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Planning made quick and easy

Reviewed on 2020-03-02

The ease-of-use means that you spend time working, rather than spending time planning.

Pros

Toggl Plan is quick and easy to learn and to use and it gives a clear and visually pleasing overview of progress on a project.

Cons

There are still some bugs that need to be sorted out: the weekly progress email, for example, does not yet correctly reflect the tasks that has been marked as done.

Stacy C.

I use Toggl to keep track of my work hours

Reviewed on 2017-11-01

Pros

It's fairly easy to use and keep track of several projects I work on during the day. Also the reports are nice.

Cons

Sometimes parts of the screen are hard to see and it seems a bit flaky or buggy. I sometimes need to click a few times to get my entry to take.

Gabriel D.
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

Toggl for Cinema Production

Reviewed on 2020-09-18

Pros

Since timelines are key for film productions, Toggl works beautifully for our planning. The color codes, assignations, times and status for each plan have helped us a lot to organize and to start building our production company.

Cons

Not really a con, but I wonder if it's possible to integrate a calendar with toggl?

Best for technology development teams

Reviewed on 2018-05-02

None

Pros

We are able to see what our team members are working on for the day (Like a timesheet) and are able to plan what to pursue next.

Cons

It does not integrate to other software such as Google Suite or Slack, you cannot upload images into individual tasks and you cannot interact with your team members on the platform.

Laura T.

Fast Customer Service and Wonderfully Sleek Project Management Tool

Reviewed on 2015-08-31

It's really easy to use and it looks beautiful. It has 1 week, 1 month and 3 months view, so everyone can switch to either long- or short term planning. Teamweek is integrated with Basecam and Trello as well, and that's really important to us.

They are still relatively new and could use some features. But they are developing fast and the customer support seems to really listen when we have given them feedback and feature requests.

Christopher H.
  • Industry: Design

Finally, an easy to use Gantt chart system.

Reviewed on 2019-10-24

I have used Teamweek to help myself keep on track and on target with my projects.

Pros

I have always known about myself that I need a Gantt style chart and linear-style calendar in order to keep myself on top of my various projects. I had tried so many other options and felt like it was hopeless. Then I somehow found Teamweek and was so impressed with the ease of use, the simplicity, and the clarity.

Cons

My only complaint would be that there is a bit of a learning curve for how YOU might want to use it. For example, just figuring out the best use of the different options and how they may relate to your projects.

Clyde Q.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Needs work but is excellent.

Reviewed on 2019-06-18

Positive. Good for generic task and planner planning (not for fullscale proj planning tho with dependencies etc, but thats not what I wanted). Needs better project integration (I don't understand it and trying to split up projects resulted in data loss, so just made all different projects parts of one big project.. Tasks (bizarrely called Icebox) is a bit of a chore. No one uses tasks by hours and minutes (has the dev ever done any PM?), so drop that in favour of making it really easy to set a number of days without having to chose dates. That said, tasks v useful, and drag and drop between folders etc excellent (provided you use with care).

Pros

SIMPLE TO USE! GREAT VIEW OPTIONS (3 months etc) -- Drag and Drop, easy edit of task positions and length, easy & flexi coloring, nice banding (called "segments"), easy note adding. Easily shared with colleagues (don't bother adding them as extra users tho [see Cons], just share the link).

Cons

No Data Export that I can find (which in itself is a concern -- help has broken links and seems chaotic), often does odd things and loses edits (minor so far, but this is why data export / import is vital). Poor Android version, but this prob a work in progress. Rollback also needed. The URL needs to be more consistent (at moment, it changes as you change project or view etc, leaving you wondering what your true URL is leaving one wondering where data will be next time. Tried to turn off daily report but still pesters me, so don't add your colleagues as separate email users or you might get some cross colleagues).

Šarūnas V.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Great way to plan projects

Reviewed on 2020-04-20

I had problems with planning workloads. Toggl Plan let me see our current situation and workload on each employee, and then better plan ahead.

Pros

I was looking for similar product for a while. It's easy to use, has all the features I need and, of course, looks great.

Cons

I havent't tested it that much. But I also use Toggl timer, and if I could merge the info on both of them it would be great! Now I just have to put projects in both of these apps and use one for tracking time we work on a project, and other for planning our workloads.