Virtuagym

3.9/5

• Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

So much to offer

Reviewed on 2018-12-04

I enjoy using Virtuagym and so do my clients.

I enjoy using Virtuagym and so do my clients.

Pros

I love how much the software has to offer! I wanted a software that does it all to automate some of the work. They have scheduling, coaching, exercises, nutrition, activity tracker, point of sale, online shop, challenges, etc. The customer service has been amazing!

Cons

Because it has so much to offer, it has been a bit overwhelming setting it up and learning. However they offer lots of training videos and 1-on-1 training, you just need to set time aside for that.

Response from Virtuagym

Hi There!

Thanks for leaving such a wonderful review for Virtuagym!

We are glad that you are enjoying our product to take of your scheduling, coaching, exercises, nutrition, activity tracker, point of sale, online shop, challenges. It sounds like Virtuagym is taking care of some heavy lifting so that you can focus on making the world a healthier place! We work very diligently to give you the tools to do what you do best so I will pass your review along as it will provide our team with great encouragement to keep doing what they are doing.

I know you mentioned that because it is a lot to learn a new software that you have felt overwhelmed. Nonetheless, we are happy to be here with you and for you every step of the way. Just reach out, we are just an email away at [email protected] !

Thank you, once again, for your kind words.

Dan

Happy with our service

Reviewed on 2021-12-17

It has been very beneficial to every day use. From setting up new membership to taking payments

Pros

Was easy to set up with the one on one help going over all features and way to use them. It make our book keeping easy and membership and payment management is awesome.

Cons

Tech support not available 24/7 if there is a problem can take days to fix. One of the features my members like most was when they scanned in at gym door it greeted them by name and told them how many credits they had left. One day it just stopped showing and after many phone calls still not back up.

Response from Virtuagym

Dear Dan,

Thank you for providing us with your valuable insight.

We are glad to hear about your positive experience with Virtuagym, and your feedback will be, of course, taken into consideration.

As for the issue you mentioned you have been experiencing with the check-in system, please feel welcome to email us at [email protected] so we can look further into this and help you find a resolution!

Amy

• Customer Support Software

The WORST Customer Service ever....but really good App based system for workout tracking

Reviewed on 2020-01-08

I was attracted to them for their features, which I have not found a comparable replacement (maybe I'll will try programming my own in the future), but honestly, it is never going to be a one-stop shop as I was hoping with the way their system is going. I absolutely DREAD talking to their customer support system as they are very ignorant and stubborn about their policies, I think there have been a few people [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who have been understanding of our issues and actually tried to help. Everyone else seems to think that our problems are not their problem, and don't really take the time to truly understand their own software. Payment system is absolute crap, you're better off using a different system like Stripe or Square. Their scheduling went down for a whole day and all we got was a "SORRY" e-mail. I mean...our customers were unable to book for a whole day which is several hundred dollars in revenue and that's all you can say? We switched to a different booking software when that happened. But I will most likely keep virtuagym for the fun features they have like the workout tracking and such (and also because I am inadvertently locked in for a 1-year contract that was never fully explained and keeps increasing because no one will take the charges off....yay.)

Pros

Their workout trackers are awesome. I love that they integrate with different companies (though maybe not particularly well) as I was trying to set up an integration with AccuroFit and after two month, it still seems they cannot figure out how to do this. I purchased their recommended bioimpedance scales which is great because we are able to run gym challenges, and members love being able to track their lifting workouts and have a workout player whenever they want. We regularly use the community portal aspects of the software and the app based system makes it easy to talk to members and send notifications about specific things.

Cons

Their salespeople are good. Good enough that with their features alone they can convince you to purchase a YEAR LONG subscription without trying it out. By the way, they don't ever explain to you what features you're paying for or when your pricing goes up, why that happened because you accidentally made some changes that affect your subscription. The customer support team/on-boarding team is absolutely dismal. From day 1, I felt like I was explaining to their support how their system worked. They have no idea what is going on and they basically give you 2 30 min phone calls and expect you to figure it out on your own (when they can't even figure it out). I wanted to setup a system that allowed for different credits and booking based on levels and their onboarding specialist asked me during our first phone call "What software did you switch from and why?" I explained that I switched from WellnessLiving and what I liked about them and person managing our account told me "Well maybe you should have stuck with them."

They have an difficult system for trying to reach anyone to answer your questions. They use Zendesk, which is both incredibly confusing as it goes into (how I understand it) a central e-mail system which can take them 1-3 days to get back to you. At which point, they respond with very unhelpful advice or flat out ignorance. Also, their pay service integration sucks. It is very difficult to use them for bookkeeping and POS and I ended up just resorting to Square.

Perfect Gym, ABC Glofox, Vagaro, Acuity Scheduling and Mindbody

Reasons for Choosing Virtuagym

Needed more interactive community features and better integration with other products.

WellnessLiving

Reasons for Switching to Virtuagym

Price point and available features, including integrated community and workout trackers

Response from Virtuagym

Dear Amy,

We are glad to hear that you are enjoying the Tracking and the Community modules of our system but are devastated to hear that you had such negative experience with the service that you had received.

We would love to reach out to you and see how we can improve the situation. Please check your in-box :)

Allie

Great tool for Personal Trainers

Reviewed on 2021-12-17

I’ve had a great experience between the Programming and the customer service.

I’ve had a great experience between the Programming and the customer service.

Pros

The ability to create workouts with avatars for clients.

Cons

Schedule integration is a little confusing between the scheduler and Appointment Schedule. It would be a lot easier to manage if they communicated or were combined.

Mindbody

Reasons for Switching to Virtuagym

MINDBODY did not have the ability to create workouts with avatars and focused more on classes than individual clients from what I saw.

Response from Virtuagym

Dear Allie,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We are thrilled to know that you have used the Coach module in such a good way.

Lastly, merging the schedule and the appointment schedule is already part of our roadmap, so we will notify you, and the rest of our clients when this has been implemented.

Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] if you need assistance.

Senne
  • Industry: Sports

Review Virtuagym

Reviewed on 2022-07-28

Good

Good

Pros

Moving exercises, clear for the clients when they repeat a workout

Cons

The way the workouts do not always appear in the clients 'beweegkalender'

Eduardo

Good and Bad

Reviewed on 2021-12-15

The part that we really liked was the coach module. That's why we will keep our business partnership...

I don't trust in the other parts, honestly, I don't recommend for a gym or studio.

Pros

Coach Module (just the program part), I would say that customer centre a few times did a good job.

Cons

Finances, Schedule, Clint's Session Control (this part was horrible), Analytics never worked.

Response from Virtuagym

Dear Eduardo,

Thank you for sharing this with us.

We are very happy to hear you are pleased with our coaching module.

Nevertheless, our team is continuously working on improving our product, and this is why we will be glad to learn more about your experience with the schedule and the financial portion of the system. If you agree, please email us at [email protected] to discuss this matter further.

Roberto
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

A well develop Platform for such a complicated subject.

Reviewed on 2023-07-11

It's a great place! If you are going to use your money! make sure you know and/or are commited to spend on this platform. After all is your money and you should be able to use it and therefore see what really is their commitment.

Pros

I liked the fact that there is ease on getting around and not too much pressure. In other words, is what most will be looking for on a virtual place that can't be live and/or will be too much hard to go to gym personally just because it's not calling for them to expose their healthy needs. They care about all their customers. All the virtual place is great for everyone! Is open for everyone to enjoy!

Cons

It's a bit heavy like all gyms because is hard to do exercises for people who are in need; example: fat and first starting to go to a gym. There is no really too much insentives but instead freely environment for everyone. They should focus more on People who is ready to give up because that way they can really enjoy what the platform has to offer. They don't really focus on the mental state everyone can be! Some people don't really give credit because is easier to give up and not see the whole purpose of the system. They should be more clear, and net on focusing on these people. Some people give up easy for personal reasons as it's expected.

Bryson
Bryson
  • Industry: Higher Education Software

Good for Class Projects

Reviewed on 2023-03-15

Pros

The onboarding process was quick and easy. There are a few learning curves but these have been easy to manage as the platform itself has been rather intuitive to work with. The platform suits my needs for what I am using it for (class projects) and has been quite easy for my students and end-users to manage from the feedback received so far.

Cons

No major cons so far. I have had some trouble finding specific exercises in the library which can be somewhat time consuming, although the ability to create my own with a video link is a great help. I have had this issue when using other platforms as well.

ABC Trainerize, PT Distinction and My PT Hub
Maud

• Customer Support Software

Nice to work with Virtuagym!

Reviewed on 2023-08-14

Pros

The whole manage system, booking system (schedules) & the support by email

Cons

Credit system: when clients pause, they still receive credits. It's different to work with the coach app & on the web (you have much more option on the web).

Response from Virtuagym

Hi Maud,

Bedankt voor je review! fijn dat je samen met een van onze medewerkers een gesprek hebt kunnen hebben omtrent jouw feedback.

We kijken uit naar een mooie samenwerking in de toekomst.

Met vriendelijke groet,
team Virtuagym

Oliver

Lacking in development

Reviewed on 2023-09-20

Pros

Liked the graphics for the exercises, nice and clear to understand each exercise from the images.

Cons

Had issues for many months just to set up the direct debit to pay for the software. At the time of use the app it was really lacking in development, from aesthetics to functionality. Other competitors had much better functionality such as habit tracking. The only option was to link with Paypal which had quite big payment fees.

Lina

What a nightmare

Reviewed on 2019-12-05

It’s been nothing but a headache and super frustrating.

It’s been nothing but a headache and super frustrating.

Pros

Sounds cool with so many features, customer support is nice and helpful.

Cons

First of all t’s a pain to learn, it has all these features that instead of doing something right, they are all useless. Then since day one we had problems with it, creating embarrassing problems to our new members.
From it not allowing members to signed up online, to charging their cards and not showing in our system, to having to get a different P.O.S system when at purchasing the system I was told it was going to work just fine but it was again useless.
There are always issues I have to keep emailing support almost every week.
Not sure how long they have been around but it seems like they are always fixing issues and have many features in Beta that might or might not work.
On top you have to sign a 12 month agreement so you are pretty much stuck with them.

Mindbody

Reasons for Switching to Virtuagym

It sounded like it had everything in one system.

Response from Virtuagym

Dear Lina,

We are glad that you had found our customer service to be of comfort while experiencing some issues with the system.

While Virtuagym has been around for 12 years, just as any daring and growing technology we do experience growing pains from time to time. But we never wish for it to impact our clients negatively.

We had taken your feedback seriously and will work on improving our customer experience to the highest level.

Thank You!

Ryan

• Customer Support Software

By far the BEST training software for Fitness Professionals!

Reviewed on 2017-02-03

I have been using Virtuagym since April 2016.. I have used other platforms for my business (Mindbody, AmStatz, MyPTHub).. Virtuagym is on another level. There is a reason why they are internationally recognized and used by gyms around the WORLD. What sets them apart from any other service out there is there database of exercises and the ability to demonstrate each movement without having to be sent to a youtube video. The workout builder is awesome and very easy to use. The ONLY problem I can say about it is I wish there was a way to switch between reps vs time on exercises, and allow a way to create supersets & circuits. I have been able to easily work around that by just adding a note in the specific workouts I create. And their customer service has already confirmed them working on updating that portion of the software. Speaking of customer service.. They are amazing! You can call them anytime and speak to a real person! If you email them about an issue, someone replies within an hour.
Scheduling clients is super easy. The app allows clients to register for their classes and automatically tracks remaining sessions/credits.
The nutrition side is great for holding clients accountable and works similarly to myfitnesspal, but better, mainly because it is integrated with the workout portion of the program allowing clients to track calories burned/consumed. As the trainer it allows us to monitor each client individually allowing the info to remain private between trainer/client.
The software also has a online portal allowing you to create "groups".. This allows you to separate members and easily communicate with your entire team.
Overall I absolutely LOVE Virtuagym. Whether you're running a small studio (like me) or managing a large capacity box gym, investing in Virtuagym will instantly separate you from your "competition", especially with the custom mobile app!
*****5 STARS ALL DAY! *****

Pros

Everything! But most of all I like the Workout Builder. 2nd would be the "Online Portal"

Cons

The ONLY thing I wish they would update is the Workout Builder.. Offering buttons to more easily switch reps/time, type of workout (circuit, hiit, supersets). Also maybe a way to copy exercises if you are doing them more than once within a workout? Virtuagym has already confirmed they are working on updates. In the meantime I have been able to easily work around these by adding little notes within the specific workouts.

Response from Virtuagym

Hi Ryan,

thank you so much for your feedback! Just reading this made us feel proud about the hard work we all put into creating not only a great product but also cater each client's specific needs.

As my colleagues have already confirmed, we are currently building a new version of the workout editor which will include many more different functions such as circuits and supersets.

All best,
Alkistis

Itzak
  • Industry: Sports

• Customer Support Software

Perfect for branding my martial arts brand!

Reviewed on 2021-04-29

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] were my main points of contact during the onboarding, and the experience was great! Onboarding was about 3 months long, giving me time to work with the app, have my questions lined up and pretty much [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was able to answer almost everything, and if there wasn't a clear answer, he made sure to find someone who did know and follow up. After every webcam meeting I was sent recordings of the meeting that I still refer to, along with a summary of everything we talked about. Very down to earth, easy-going and made the onboarding experience not so painful. We were able to flesh out everything, from the design of my website to incorporate Virtuagym's webshop of my memberships, to setting up payments, to helping me setup my merchant accounts correctly.

With [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], he made the app-making process very easy. Granted, I already had a iOS developer license since I already had 1 app on the market, so that took less time to finish compared to people who might need more attention on how to do that. Other than that he made sure my branded app was looking just the way I wanted and answered all my questions incredibly fast.

So far I'm very impressed with how the company handled the onboarding and the design of their software. It has its hiccups but nothing too big or dramatic to make me think less of their software.

Pros

-If you're looking to stick out against the competition, having your own branded app is a MUST. I feel like this company really understands that, with the private trainer sector being highly over-saturated with exercise enthusiasts trying to find a way to stand out. Everyone lives on their phones, so only makes sense to push towards that. I've had the idea for the longest time to get my martial arts brand off the ground and teach through an app, and Virtuagym's setup was pretty impressive.

-With the app design, there's a section on my web portal dedicated to just that, from design interface, to what I want to offer, to the schedule and more. By the time my app was ready to go live, all they had to do was refer to my app design section to upload everything. I didn't have to do any app coding whatsoever, so that saved hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars in app developer costs.

-The scheduling software is pretty top notch. I'm able to list all my classes and connect it to a calendar on my website that's always live.

-The Pro version of my app gives my clients an additional app, the Foods app, where they can keep track of their nutrition, calories and macros. Pretty much gives my clients 2-apps-in-one.

-The Support Team has been very responsive to me. They get back to me pretty fast. The onboarding team were awesome and really helped me complete all the things I wanted to offer through my training.

-The Coaching design of the software is great!

Cons

-I wish the videos could be connected through different providers. Right now, the app uses YouTube to connect all my exercises to my videos in the app. It'd be nice to offer different means, like Vimeo. YouTube has restrictions to videos, like only being able to load 16 videos per day and sometimes loads slow.

-Clients are unable to listen to their music at the same time as watching any of my videos. However, the support team is aware of this hiccup and is looking into it.

-One option that I really liked about the previous software I used (Zen Planner) was the ability to list ranks and creating conditions of when they'd be ready to test for a promotion. However, I also understand Virtuagym's focus is sports and exercise, not exclusively to martial arts, so it makes sense that it wouldn't offer this.

-The check-in desk software could use some work. Right now it's only Windows-based, so that cuts out other people like myself that use a Mac. Easiest thing they could do would be having an easier check-in process on the dashboard that I could open up on a web browser on my iPad, with pictures of my clients that they would tap to check in. Maybe the check-in software on Windows is great, but I haven't had the opportunity to test it yet.

Response from Virtuagym

Dear Itzak,

Thank you kindly for your detailed review. We greatly value our clients' insights on what they enjoyed the most as well as the areas of opportunity.

It has been a pleasure onboarding you into our system and we look forward to seeing your brand grow exponentially with this awesome tool at your disposal.

Please do let us know if there is anything else we can be of assistance with.

With warm regards,

Anna Howard
CS Manager

Josko
  • Used for 1-5 months

• Customer Support Software

Worst customer service ever, they don't care about you.

Reviewed on 2020-02-27

Terrible.

Terrible.

Pros

There were absolutely no pros using this product. Every other system I used was better 10 fold. I have used Mindbody, Acuity, Appointly, and other similar fitness apps.

Cons

1) They lied in their sales call. When I asked about payroll they navigated around the question and didn't answer it directly (they don't offer pay roll). They told me that it was a mindbody substitute and while it looked great, their appointment booking was in BETA with many of the features missing. When I told them that I was dissapointed that they lied about the software they denied everything. When I asked for the sales call, they told me that they would give it to me as soon as possible that was 2 months ago... When I call, their managers are always on "lunch" or "in a call"

2) Extremely poor customer service. Constantly ignoring me. Taking days or weeks to respond. Blaming me for issues. Extreme lack of communication with other team members. They have been "attempting to speak to their manager about my case" for the last 30+ days. Good luck getting anything from these thieves.

3) They almost tried telling me that i'm tied into a year long contract. And finally they cancelled it. AFTER taking one more payment from me just a couple days before HAHA. And now that I'm asking for a refund are constantly ignoring me, saying that they'll get it to my asap, but nope. They just want to continue lying about everything thinking that i'll go away.

4) They told me that my implimentation of the software would start on December 9th and they began charging me then. but they didn't start until January.

Response from Virtuagym

"Dear, Josko

We are very sorry to hear that your Virtuagym experience was not as you expected from the sales standpoint.

During the sales process, your needs are analyzed and our sales team will adapt our different modules accordingly. Nevertheless, I understand that the lack of clear communication must be very frustrating for you. We will definitely look into the details of the communication that took place between our you and our team and address any possible areas of opportunity we may find on our way.

Once again thank you for taking the time and sharing your opinion.

With Warmest Regards,

Virtuagym, "

Sean

Not what i was told

Reviewed on 2018-01-25

Nothing

Nothing

Pros

The functionality of the coaching app, is nice - That's it.

Cons

I explicitly asked that when i purchased virtuagym, would it be possible for my clients to have a limited number of PT sessions on a weekly basis, starting on sunday and renewing on the following sunday....however i wanted them to be able to book at least 30-60 days in advance as my clients like to plan.

I was told that this was possible and i would have help setting it up, this has not happened.

I have had virtuagym since December and was looking to implement it into my gym facility by mid january, however due to the lack of help from support, i am no closer to getting what i need from the software.

I even offered to pay virtuagym to set it up for me as i thought it may be me that was doing something wrong, they declined and their rep. stopped conversing over the support line.

All i wanted was for my clients to book 1,2,3 or 4 Personal Training sessions per week, at least 30 days in advance - How can this be so hard..!!??

At the moment the system allows me to book 10 sessions in 10 days and i was told "That's ok, the client will be notified if they don´t have enough credits to attend the class"

All i want is that the client can't book the class, i dont want them to book to be told nearer the time "sorry you don't have enough credits" they will turn up and say "but i booked and the system let me?"

Very frustrating for a business owner and terrible customer service

Response from Virtuagym

Hi Sean,

Thanks for the time you spent to review our product.

We're sincerely sorry if you are experiencing an unpleasant situation with the product and with our CS Team.

We took a look at the conversations you had with our consultants over the last days, and we noticed that there was rather some confusion between the many questions asked and the many solutions provided, which inevitably leads to confusion and frustration.

Our advise is to send one, fully detailed email to [email protected], explaining exactly the challenges you are now experiencing, the way you would like to work with the system and - if you like - any improvement that you would like to see (maybe there are some features you aren't aware of yet!). Plus, with our live chat service, we can help you further with your real time queries.

We believe that - this way - we can achieve a way more constructive communication, helping your business to take off with us!

We stay at disposal.

Your,
CS Team

Jocelyn

• Customer Support Software

Worst company I have ever dealt with!

Reviewed on 2019-09-04

Terrible, terrible terrible.

Terrible, terrible terrible.

Pros

In the beginning, when I was signing up, they called a few times a week to check in on me. They were happy to hear my suggestions on things that I needed.....however...

Cons

My suggestions were not implemented. After my 1 yr contract was close to being done, I realized, this is not the software for my business anymore. When I used the contact form BEFORE my 1 yr mark, to ask how I go about cancelling my subscription (since there is NO easy way to do this and no information can be found about it). I received no contact back. I later then tried calling, leaving a voicemail. I then received an email TWO months after my initial contact for request on how to cancel! (and a long thread of back and forth) where the support staff has stated my term has automatically renewed and there is 'conveniently' no trace or evidence that I left a msg or used their contact form to request to cancel and I now owe another yr of subscription. I did NOT give consent to this, in fact the contrary. They have been completely disregarding that I even tried to contact them and just so happened to not contact me at all In the 2 months leading up to it. There is no where where I have consented to them renewing my contract at all. This is a complete scam and DO NOT use this this service at all!!

Response from Virtuagym

Dear Jocelyn,

We apologise for the misunderstanding but from what we can see, you had submitted your cancellation request through the end-user form. Our app is available for free to our end users and therefore if they wish to close their account, it is a simple form and it seems that it's exactly where you ended up.

For our customers, when they accept the 12 months agreement, one of the things they have to agree to before the payment can be processed, is that the contract auto-renews after 12 months unless a cancelltion is submitted at least a month prior.

It is, of course, unfortunate that such misunderstanding delayed our contact with you and we greatly appreciate your feedback on our process

Emm

Tick Performance

Reviewed on 2020-03-08

Being in another country does make it difficult to follow up with any issues

Being in another country does make it difficult to follow up with any issues

Pros

I like the content and the presentation, back end content, and app store app

Cons

I am still waiting for Ezidebit Aust to become apart of the integrations - I was initially informed it would be less than 1 year to onboarding but 2 years later I am still waiting.

Response from Virtuagym

"Dear, Emm

Thank you very much for your review!

We are glad to hear that you find our content and presentation, positive aspects of Virtuagym.

We would like to hear more about those areas of opportunity you feel we can continue to work on when it comes to better access to back end content.

Unfortunately, our partnership with Ezidebit has been put on hold. With their current pause of payouts to clients, we are unsure when this can be picked up again. But we will make sure to keep you posted once there is a change in their situation.

Please feel free to write to us at [email protected] using the code JA23872 in the subject line.

Many thanks,

Your Virtuagym Family"

Gary

• Customer Support Software

Be very careful of the sales team.

Reviewed on 2022-01-21

Very poor if I’m honest, apart from the onboarding team who were fantastic, wouldn’t recommend due to how dishonest the sales team are and how poor the system is to actually coach, regretting moving away from TrueCoach. Might not have been the most glamorous software but they nailed the basics something virtuagym should take note of

Pros

From a users perspective it’s good, has pretty much everything you want.

Cons

The sales team will mislead you and try yo get the sale over the line, I was told the app could do things that it couldn’t (even have the recording) and the sales team didn’t even hold their hand up and apologise, they just tried to shift the blame onto me and say I made assumptions, which was clearly wasn’t the case, as the recordings Cleary show.

The app is missing the most basic features, no activity feed so you can easily keep track of what your clients have done, no notifications when a client completes a workout, no ability to comment on a clients work out or even the ability to reply to notes that they left, no notification when a client updates their metrics. Can’t message using the app. Software has easily added 3 hrs onto my day due to repetitive task's and now I have to do my coaching outside of the app in what’s app because of how bad it is.

Response from Virtuagym

Dear Gary,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We are very sorry to hear that our product has not yet fulfilled your needs as presented during the sales process.

We work very hard to ensure we provide high-notch software and high-quality customer service so it is indeed very sad to hear that your experience with us was not up to par.

If you are open to discuss your experience further, please feel welcome to email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to work with you to find a resolution.

Anna

Wish the Product Would Work as Advertised

Reviewed on 2021-01-27

Frustrated

Frustrated

Pros

Customer service is friendly and easy to access

Cons

I give feedback all the time to customer service.
I'm frustrated with Virtuagym. I've made several attempts to create motivating challenges for my Rockstar Clients only to be disappointed because Virtuagym is not working right and their data is not being processed into the challenge.
This is soooo disappointing. I get my clients all excited for a challenge, they sign up and then it doesn't work. It creates mistrust from them in me and the app and it's a let down. Especially since I am a loyal customer with over 100 members.
Also, STILL waiting after months on the sycn for Fitbit to be corrected.

Reasons for Switching to Virtuagym

Customer service was easier to contact

Response from Virtuagym

Hi Anna. Thank you for sharing this with us!

We are sorry to hear about the difficulties you have had with the challenges.
We are already picking this fix up for a near-future release, so hopefully, this will have a positive impact on your business.

Francesco

Virtuagym Review

Reviewed on 2020-07-29

I run about 20 clients online, 95% don't even live in my country. Would be a lot harder without the app.

Pros

Ease of use for me to get workouts to my clients directly on their phones.

Cons

I think its not that easy to get clients stats, pics on the App. I think trainer should be able to set reminders to clients and clientes get measurements and pics on their app that we can see easily when coaching.

Branded App

Response from Virtuagym

Dear Francesco,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Virtuagym!

We are thrilled to hear that you are making the most out of our coaching module by connecting with your clients at all times and helping them achieve their goals.

Your feedback and comments are highly appreciated, we understand there are some areas of improvement and commit to working on them to provide you with all the tools your business needs to continue driving success!

Remember you are welcome to contact us at all times by emailing our support team at [email protected] we'll be ready to expertly answer your questions and approach any requests you may have.

Sincerely,

Your Virtuagym family!

Fabio

• Customer Support Software

Not advised for personal trainers

Reviewed on 2016-09-01

It doesn't help Personal trainers, there are better options in the market. This is a app that was first designed for the general population, and not for personal trainers. Recently they started to sell professional packages - to personal trainers and gyms- but it seems that they are much more interested in gyms, than personal trainers, so all the updates failed to improve the main things that i wanted to improve.

Pros

It gives you access to a very powerful platform, and you can brand it everything.

Cons

- no Coach app;
- Terrible workout editor;
- You cannot assign workout to a client, he needs to chose it from the available workouts;
- you cannot use the app to track your clients workouts;
- You dont have a demo of the portal, you need to sign for a year membership if you want to access to the portal;

Response from Virtuagym

Hi Fabio,

thank you very much for your honest words. I am sorry you are feeling that Virtuagym did not meet your needs.

However, there are a few details that we'd like to clarify. Our professional packages do offer the possibility to not only create your own workout plans for your clients. but also your custom made exercises. In addition, both our sales and client success team give demos and trainings of the system to all potential and existing clients. Finally, we are currently testing our coaching App which will allow you to track your client's progress on your phone and will launch soon.

Wish you all the best with your future endeavors!
Alkistis

Shuntunna

Virtuagym Review

Reviewed on 2021-12-20

Love it

Love it

Pros

The Virtuagym software is awesome. It has allowed me to start up and run my company without having to worry about billing, scheduling, video workouts, etc. Customer service A+

Cons

No cons thus far, this software is a real blessing.

ABC Trainerize

Response from Virtuagym

Dear Shuntunna,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us!

We are incredibly grateful to have your support and recognition during this unprecedented time.

Please feel welcome to email us at [email protected] if we can be of further assistance.

patrick
  • Industry: Medical Practice

• Customer Support Software

I have had success with the Virtua Gym software package.

Reviewed on 2017-03-18

I have been using the Virtua Gym branded app & all in one package since September 2016. Initially it took a bit of time to navigate the system and find out how I could use the features for the services we offer. After some testing, we built new meals plans, as well as integrated workout plans through the software. My team of Dietitians have been able to incorporate the Virtua gym software into some of our planning and tracking, and our clients have had great success. The software is all inclusive, it has many features available to you, so you can customize your software package to your needs. Overall, I am very satisfied with the product, and it has allowed me to expand my services offering. Customer services has always helped me with any issues I've had. I recommend VirtuaGym!

Pros

The many different software features to run a health clinic

Cons

I was told that the software would link with fitbit scales, however, they do not link to the scales, only the trackers.

Response from Virtuagym

Hi Patrick!

Thanks so much for your kind comment. Familiarizing with the system at the beginning might indeed take more time than after becoming a Virtuagym master. This is absolutely regular, as it relates to a new and revolutionary way of working! We are very happy that this time was well spent and we hope to have addressed you to the best, as we always strive for!

We're working to expand the range of hardwares that we connect to, therefore stay tuned in order to get the best out of our service!

If anything, please do not hesitate to give a shout and we'll be happy to help you out.

Have a great one!

Walter - Virtuagym Customers Success team

Everton

Virtua experience

Reviewed on 2021-12-21

Overall I'm pleased with this app so far.

Overall I'm pleased with this app so far.

Pros

The billing and scheduling is what I like the most about this app.
Billing- keeps the client updated on their payments amd how many credits they have on their account to be able to purchase sessions. Allowing the clients to be able to schedule the days they train. All easy to navigate and a smooth transition of adding my website to this app.

Cons

There will only be a few things I'd change a out this app, clients and the public, being able to write reviews. If the virtual avatar can showcase the muscle this being used, have it highlighted. To show the client the muscles being used in video not only through picture.also if it had a voice and talked the client through the workout. Also, hoping for some new updates on the avatar.

Response from Virtuagym

Dear Everton,

We are thrilled to hear about your positive experience with us!

Our daily commitment is to work on improving our services, so this is why we greatly value our customer's feedback.

Please do not hesitate to share any further thoughts by emailing us at [email protected] and we will make sure to pass them over to our developers for consideration.

Justine

Not what I needed

Reviewed on 2016-05-09

This software is better suited to someone wanting to manage clients one-on-one, manually.

After...

After trialling for a few days, I realised that it wasn't going to suit my business coaching needs as we do some group programs (as do many Personal Trainers and gyms) and I need a system that has automations integrated and the ability to tag and group my clients based on the programs they are doing. This system cannot do this.

This company doesn't advertise a free trial period like many competitors but is still bound by the cooling off period on its contracts. I cancelled 5 days into trying to set up the system. A week later, after advising the product wouldn't suit, I am still waiting on an answer about a requested refund and cancellation of my contract. Even though by law, Virtuagym must provide at least a 7 day cooling off period, 8 days later they still won't confirm that I can cancel. I still have to wait 'on management reviewing' my case?

I have trialled 3 other systems and haven't had any issue up to this point. There are some amazing programs on the market but it's hard to ascertain the functionality of system until you work in it.

I have now had to advise my bank of this dispute and to challenge the current charge plus any further. I am really disappointed with this poor service.

Response from Virtuagym

Hi Justine,

Thank you for reviewing Virtuagym. It's a pity our software didn't completely match your needs.

I would like to clarify something for the readers of your review. We do not offer a trial right now, because we want to help you get the most value out of the system. A guided onboarding process has been the most successful for our existing clients. Our solution is very extensive and flexible, and therefore we prefer to help our clients getting the most out of it based on their needs. Together.

Also, as far as I know, a 7-day cool off period only applies to consumers, and not to businesses. I can see you signed a 1-year contract with us. By law, I don't think we did anything wrong. This is the first time I heard about this specific case happening, so I assume that's why it takes a bit longer to get back to you.

Our support team will be back in touch with you soon, and I'm sure we'll find a satisfactory solution.

Best regards,