Square Appointments

The all-in-one point of sale for booking, payments, and more

4.3/5
4.2/5
4.4/5
Customer Support Software
4.3/5

Zachery L.
  • Used for 1-5 months

• Customer Support Software

Flawed system, allow's clients to take advantage of your business

Reviewed on 2021-07-18

horrible with apts.. they will not add any features despite over whelming crystals for the added apps because they don't agree or like the requested feature. the flaws in the card on file protection system that can be deleted from the client end cost the business money. their last of understand for adding feature is crazy. they have no idea what things are like from out point of view and refusing to fix these feature cause they don't think its necessary.

Pros

I like its connected to my register system, their price is affordable,

Cons

the system is super flawed. to book an apt you can require a card on file for no show protection. However clients can book an apt put card information in, then after they book the apt all they have to do is log into their account and delete their card on file. I am not notified they did it and when they don't show up for their apt I can't charge them because they took their card off their account right after they made the apt. this is a joke. then on top of that they don't offer the feature to block clients from booking online.. so then I can't stop them from booking future apps when they owe me money for their no call now show.. when this was brought to their attention in community forms and new features .. they responded back they want the clients to be able to have control over their card information. no these clients would not exit without my business. they are my clients not their and they have no right telling me anything about my clients. I am super disappointment in square with this system and very upset that people who sit at a desk thinking they know what features are best when they don't run or own their own business let alone the field I am working in. bottom line there is no card on file feature despite what they say since a client can delete it themself and still keep and apt and not show up for it. I don't see square doing anything about it since this has been a on going topic for a year or more now.

10to8, Squire and Salonized

Reasons for Switching to Square Appointments

worried with my system for checking out clients. only used for 24 hours before I shut it down over huge flaws in the system that would cost me money and the square company refusing to fix or see the effect on those of us who pay for the system
Kevin T.

• Customer Support Software

Hands down the easiest and best appointment scheduling software.

Reviewed on 2021-07-29

Superb. Square appointments works great every time. Setup your hours, services, time required per services. Share your booking link. And ….GO!

Pros

Seamless integration with Squares payment system. One stop shop.

Cons

It’s so easy and does such a great job I don’t have any complaints at this moment.

Rosy

Reasons for Choosing Square Appointments

Easier setup and for a single user SQUARE APPOINTMENTS ARE FREE!

SalonBiz

Reasons for Switching to Square Appointments

I trust the Square Corporation.
Vanessa T.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Stress free appointments

Reviewed on 2019-12-06

This allows me to spend more time focusing on the clients rather then excusing myself to answer my phone. I also no longer have to carry my appointment book with me. Everything is right there!

Pros

Easy to use for myself as well as clients making appointments. Fast, and accurate. I no longer have to stop what I'm doing to answer the phone.

Cons

Other then the allowance I could give myself by speaking to the client booking their appointments.... I have nothing bad to say about this!

Meredith C.

User friendly with many functions

Reviewed on 2019-12-03

Using Square appointments has made it easier for clients to book appointments online without the inconvenience of having to call.

Pros

User friendly, works well on phone as well as computer. Easily integrates with my website to make it easy for clients to schedule

Cons

For a while it was not compatible with Android, they have since created and Android app. Sometimes tough to get in touch with customer service

Thomas F.
  • Industry: Photography

• Customer Support Software

Best way to schedule and keep track of appointments

Reviewed on 2019-04-11

Pros

I have been using Square appointments for awhile now with my photography company and love the way it works. It is easy for customers to make appointments and the software helps to make sure I have time everyday to get it done. It is easy to setup on your current website and start scheduling appointments.

Cons

I currently like everything about this software.

Domeka B.

Urnailtech

Reviewed on 2016-08-07

I enjoy my software .. It saves me time and stress. So grateful for the appointment book and app
I can understand the software great. The fee for appointment book is very reasonable. The fee for accessories are also awesome.

Pros

Easy to access ..my clients love it..love instant deposit

Cons

Nothing much ..maybe the fee ..also would be nice if my clients don't have to put all their information in every time they schedule an appointment

David T.
  • Industry: Music

Reviewed on 2019-12-21

We are able to keep our studios schedule clear and organized for all clients who may want to book an appointment as well as keeping g it easy it read for the other employees so we each know when the studio is free or booked.

Pros

The ease of navigation and display of the interface makes booking and confirming appointments quick and painless. Being able to store client information to book to appointments also speeds up the process as well. The way the app syncs automatically with our studios home website makes organization between client and engineer schedules all the more manageable.

Cons

There's really only one con that comes to mind. I only wish I were able to clone events and drag them to other team members schedules in order to block off their time without having to create a new personal appointment for each employee to block off their time.

Flor B.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Appointments

Reviewed on 2021-07-20

Combination of appointments and paying for services is an ideal combination

Pros

Easy to use and very effective. Simple way for clients to make appointments and paying for a service

Cons

Basic program but not as complete as massagebook. If you just want appointments, this is easy to use

Ashley M.

• Customer Support Software

A few waves in my smooth sailing

Reviewed on 2016-08-06

It's been smooth sailing with a few waves here and there. I'm really glad I can use both the square and the appointments together versus two different applications for one purpose.

Pros

I like the how my schedule comes up for the day. The reports, easy usage.

Cons

I hate having to login with my email and password over and over. I wish there were an app that I could stay logged in or just put in a 4 digit code for security purposes since my clients credit/debit cards could be charged.

My customers hate that they have to put their card number in every time.

The mobile layout needs a little work on some pages

Lauren J.

Square

Reviewed on 2018-11-09

Pros

Ease of customers to put appointments. I love that they receive a text and a email reminding them of their appointment

Cons

You can't put in two different locations

Millie R.

• Customer Support Software

Square Appointments is Awesome!

Reviewed on 2018-11-16

Pros

Easy for customers to book, reschedule or cancel online! They can even make a payment.

Cons

Square Appointments App is not available for Android yet.

Veronica R.

• Customer Support Software

Awesome and easy to use!

Reviewed on 2016-09-03

I am a massage therapist and i use this to accept credit card and Im able to send invoices to my clients and book appointments its very easy to use

Pros

its easy to use to book my clients appointments and it keeps me organized!

Andrea S.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Square appointment

Reviewed on 2018-11-27

It takes less stress off me with square appointment keeping up with jobs.

Pros

I like that square appointment helps me keep track of catering jobs.

Cons

There is nothing I do not like about square appointment

Joshua B.
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Love it!

Reviewed on 2019-12-05

Overall it has gotten us more repairs that follow through because of the $5 deposit and when they don’t, we get a free $5!

Pros

Generate more customers. Pay through app. Collect deposit in case they are a no show. Even create phantom appointments to make customers think you are busier than you are!

Cons

Haven’t found any cons yet except credit card payment costs 3%. That kinda sucks but it’s standard anymore.

Sylvain B.
  • Industry: Graphic Design Software

Square appointments is easy and free !!

Reviewed on 2018-11-29

Configuration on the Square dashboard was easy,
installation in my website was a simple copy/past,
link to Google Cal was straight forward
really easy to use

Pros

I recently added to my website the new Square Appointments system and I really like it. Who don't want a free appointment system? It's really easy to setup in the Square dashboard, and into the website also with a simple copy/past html code. Customers receive reminders before the meeting, and it's also possible to set a payment online before the event. It really integrate well into Google Cal and Mac Calendar

Cons

There is not many options for the system.
You can't set specific rules like vCita or Calendly can do, but we must not forget that IT'S FREE. Other systems start at 15$US per month.

Shorty D.

Square point of sale

Reviewed on 2018-12-22

I love it and so do my clients

Pros

Its easy to use , fast ..very convenient

Cons

It's very fragile you have to be careful when swiping cards

Courtney G.

Reviewed on 2019-07-18

Pros

Love that you can have clients pre pay for appointments, great software that sends reminder texts and emails about appointments.

Cons

Mobile app was glitchy, didn't like that I couldn't sync my Google Calendar with it. Overall just prefer other booking applications.

Simon O.
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Good Solution for a New Appointment-Based Business

Reviewed on 2016-12-07

Just starting out running a reiki practice, I tried out Square Appointments and didn't try any others after. It was simple and cost-effective, handling booking, emails, billing, and missed appointments without me having to lift a finger.

Pros

Ease of use, cost effective, customizable letterhead

Cons

Cross-platform support could be implemented better

Hannah M.

Basics

Reviewed on 2020-08-15

Good!

Pros

It was a great stepping stone to feel what I liked, how I could things differently.

Cons

They didn't have a forms/wavier section.

Ilana D.

Reviewed on 2019-05-08

Kimber K.
  • Used for 1-5 months

Not the best

Reviewed on 2017-07-18

Not really any. I didn't use it for long before switching back To vagaro pro

Pros

It is convenient if you are already using square register as a point of sale. Online booking is also nice.

Cons

Overpriced. There are much better scheduling software that are easier to use and cost less. Online booking page isn't as customizable as it could be.

Andrew H.

• Customer Support Software

Schedule your barber cut!

Reviewed on 2019-07-19

Pros

The best thing about Square Appointments is how easy it is for me to book an appointment with my barber. I'm able to see his schedule and available opening, book the time that works for me, pay online and even store my card to make it quick and easy once he completes my haircut.

Cons

The only thing I would list as a con, as a user, is that it makes me a little nervous storing my credit card information.

Mariam B.

Easy to use, no issues

Reviewed on 2018-12-21

Pros

This was a quick learning time and is fast, snappy, and intuitive.

Cons

Remembering my username and password. Wish this were easier.

Heather G.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2021-02-01

Pros

When I opened my practice I needed an appointment system that also worked with my merchant services. Square appointments was so easy to install and navigate. It also works great with google calendar which is a major plus for me. We have an online booking link where we were able to use Zapier as well to connect directly to square appointments with the help of google calendar. Truly fantastic!

Cons

Wish there were more customized features to the appointments app but I am sure in time that will happen too.

PayPal and QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reasons for Switching to Square Appointments

It was the best one with customer file capabilities, scheduling and the ability to upload client documents to their file as well.
Daja H.

• Customer Support Software

Square is perfect for small businesses!

Reviewed on 2020-04-02

I love that I can integrate my google calendar with square. It’s amazing to have your days in one place! Square sends out reminders and confirmations which is amazing. My clients like the text message option. It goes right to their phone and all they have to do is look in their messages to check, no logins and passwords to worry about for them.

Pros

I love that I can complete transactions and book the same client all in one place! I’m a one man show so this makes life easy and helps me retain business!

Cons

I don’t have many complaints with square appointments. It’s worked well with keeping my schedule intact.