Showing 255 reviews of 128

Taylor W.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Favorite booking app

Reviewed on 2020-04-05

Overall it’s my favorite booking app. It has everything in one without a monthly charge.

Pros

This is my favorite booking app. It has everything in one. Clients can book appointments and pay for service.

Cons

The only thing I don’t like about it is that I can add photos to appointments for category purposes. But clients can’t see the photos when booking. It would be nice to be able to put a photo next to the service on booking page

Heather G.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2021-02-01

Pros

When I opened my practice I needed an appointment system that also worked with my merchant services. Square appointments was so easy to install and navigate. It also works great with google calendar which is a major plus for me. We have an online booking link where we were able to use Zapier as well to connect directly to square appointments with the help of google calendar. Truly fantastic!

Cons

Wish there were more customized features to the appointments app but I am sure in time that will happen too.

Jennifer W.

So Easy To Use, Business Generating

Reviewed on 2019-10-25

Square Appointments has been fantastic for driving business to my private practice, as many people do not want to make a call or send an email to get started in therapy, but would prefer to just book an appointment. Also, it saves me time and energy with scheduling clients because we do not have to go back and forth discussing availability - they can just look at the calendar through the booking widget and book their own appointment.

Pros

I love that it enables my clients to easily make appointments online and sends them automated reminders, that I don't have to be involved in sending.

Cons

If you encounter a problem it can be very difficult to find the contact number for customer service through the square site.

Sam J.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Good but limited

Reviewed on 2019-04-18

Most industries will loved the ease of use. I could not use it for my therapy practice.

Pros

As with everything Square does, Appointments was simple, easy, and functional. It offers outstanding automated scheduling for many professionals.

Cons

There was not enough customizable settings for my industry. I need to limit how many appts I do a day, not necessarily based on specific times. This was not possible with square appointments.

Heidi H.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Online Scheduling for Chiropractic Practice

Reviewed on 2020-02-04

Square appointments is great for my chiropractic practice. Online scheduling is convenient for my customers and my staff. The platform is very user friendly, and easy to set up. My customers love the option to schedule online and ability to modify their own appointments. Appointment reminders have reduced the number of missed appointments.

Pros

Square appointments is extremely user friendly for my employees and for my customers. Email and text reminders reduce missed appointments.

Cons

It would be nice to have a feature that would allow you to schedule recurring appointments on certain days of the month (ex: 1st and 3rd Fridays).

Amazing

Reviewed on 2019-01-09

It's a really easy program and I love using it.

Pros

It's free... but incredibly easy to use! It works well, syncs with my google calendar and makes scheduling appointments easy for my clients! Moving things around and editing services is easy too which is HUGE!

Cons

I wish they had a more user friendly interface with more options when it came to storing client info. I'd love more detailed options for notes as well as a way to store images and view them side by side for before and afters- it was almost a deal breaker. They have said this will come in the future as a LOT of people have requested this but nothing has been done.

Jaree W.

Great Product!

Reviewed on 2016-08-08

This is a wonderful product. It makes owning a small business very doable. Most companies only offer of part of what square offers all in one package. They are easy to communicate with but rarely need to do so. I also like that if you don't want some of the services you have the option not to pay for them if you do not need that service.

Pros

I can find everything I need in owning a small business all in one place. Other companies do not do everything that square provides in one.

Cons

Services are more tailored to a product based business as opposed to a service based business making some of the features a little more difficult to utilize like I would like to use them.

Isaias G.

Great app - I wish the mobile version was as seamless as the desktop version

Reviewed on 2016-08-10

This program is great, and is simple to use.

For the mobile app, it would be great to be able to pull up pending appointments in a list format.

Also, it would be very helpful to be able to overwrite calendar entry data in google calendar instead of using the square app.

Pros

I like that the software automatically sends text and email reminders -- my customers really appreciate that.

Beth S.

Auto Pilot Appointments!

Reviewed on 2016-08-06

Wow, I love it, my clients love it, don't know how I would operate without it... Fifty percent of my clients book without me ever emailing/texting/calling. They request an appt, I accept, they show up. Totally frees up my time, don't even need to make "reminder" calls anymore.

Pros

Ease of use for both me and clients, easy to write notes and track clients, easy to do personal notes to clients on confirmation, can instantly track history. Great communication, great client history without any effort. And that includes their tip history as well -- all tracked through Square.

Cons

The fact that if I allow clients to cancel appointments on line, a cancellation shows up FOREVER on the overview page. Annoying.

Kevin M.

Scheduling software built-in to a P.O.S.? Smart. Really!

Reviewed on 2018-07-04

Pros

Super simple to set up and it's tied into my point-of-sale app. Also includes a booking webpage that is customizable, as well as a booking button customizer. There is even marketing options and customer loyalty programs built into the Square platform as well. It's an all-in-one delight of an app!

Cons

Set up can be a bit time-consuming, but what do you expect from such a robust, all-inclusive platform? It goes well beyond the scope of "just a pos" or "only a scheduling app".

• Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Appointment scheduling ease

Reviewed on 2018-10-23

Pros

I have used this scheduling software as a client (booking services through someone using Square) many times, and it's very versatile. I've easily booked hair appointments to doctor's appointments through my phone. This not only saves me the hassle of calling and waiting on hold, as well as saves businesses valuable time--when otherwise they'd be answering phones.

Cons

For clients who are using this software for scheduling for their own business, it's important to always keep your appointments up to date. Nothing could be more frustrating than booking through this program, then finding out it was an incorrect appointment slot.

Morgan E.
  • Industry: Sports

Square has everything you could need and now offering appointments for free for individuals!

Reviewed on 2018-08-24

Square Appointments has been easy to use, the new updates are great, and it's a one stop shop for my business and my clients.

Pros

this is easy to use and you really have the ability to adapt easily to the interface. The Square Appointments app has now been combined with Square POS. You are able to book appointments, send invoices, and use the POS all using one app now! It's definintely streamlined for us busy business owners.

Cons

There is an option to create recurring appointments but you can only select it for that day. Ex: Monday for the next X amount of weeks. I haven't been able to set it for MWF for X amount of weeks.

Mallisa M.

Makes Scheduling Easy

Reviewed on 2018-04-24

Pros

I've written a review for this software in relation to our nutrition therapy business, but I've also started using this for my own personal nutrition consulting, which is structured very differently. I do freelance consulting and work remotely. The square system allows me to manage my schedule and clients from anywhere- with any device. It couldn't be easier or more helpful.

Cons

NO cons whatsoever. I am a huge fan of all the Square software AND their customer service. If there's ever a feature lacking they're sure to put in requests for you and they always go above and beyond to help.

Taylor R.
  • Industry: Sports

It is perfect for our boat rental company

Reviewed on 2017-08-09

It works great for our boat rental company

Pros

They have built a good system with good support that allows us to easily get and manage online bookings.

Cons

There could be some more functionality built out that could allow us to further create other options on our reservation calendar.

Easy for people to make appointments

Reviewed on 2018-11-02

If you need customers to be able to make appointment online, this is the service for you!

Pros

What I like best about Square Appointments is how easy it is for people to make appointments.

Cons

Getting everything set up is relatively easy, it can be a little more difficult if you get overwhelmed by technical things. But I think it is the nature of the task, and not much they can do to make it easier.

Jodi R.

Square

Reviewed on 2020-09-16

Very well. I don’t have anything bad to say except for the added fee for use.

Pros

Love it, use it almost every day so quick and easy and convenient. I would highly recommend for any business

Cons

Nothing bad to say. Very easy to use and helps out with a lot of business aspects. Great feature with this.

Love the ease and low fees!

Reviewed on 2019-03-20

So easy to use with my small business. Thank you for all of the wonderful features and tracking purchases/reports.

Pros

Low fees across the board! Same fees for all credit cards, no hidden fees. Love the option to send an invoice to customers via email to pay!

Cons

Service industry- - Once the customer signs and hits accept, they cannot go back to enter a tip.

Most credit card processors, have the option to add the tip after- with square customer must do it before they sign, or you cannot do it

Rho L.

Making appointments simple

Reviewed on 2018-04-11

Pros

Square is one of the easiest ways to make appointments and keep appointment straight. My staff Is so much more efficient using square appointments.

Cons

I can't think of anything I do not like about square appointments. It is easy it is simple it is a great way to get your business organized.

Derek W.

Groom my Style!

Reviewed on 2016-08-04

I have been with square for about a year in half. It has been everything and much more in value. My clients rave about how easy it is to book appointments. So excellent!!!

Pros

Easy!!!

Cons

I would like to see more of my suggestion.

• Industry: Food Production
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Online Booking Made Easy

Reviewed on 2019-03-18

Pros

Clients can easily select the services, time frame and get notified all without the need for me to access. As customers can book themselves it allows me to have more time with other actions that need to get done.

Cons

The pricing is fair but of course would love for it to be cheaper.

Veronica R.

Awesome and easy to use!

Reviewed on 2016-09-03

I am a massage therapist and i use this to accept credit card and Im able to send invoices to my clients and book appointments its very easy to use

Pros

its easy to use to book my clients appointments and it keeps me organized!

Chris G.

using Square appointments

Reviewed on 2016-08-11

Pretty good but sometimes if a customer is on auto-repeat you cannot mark them as a No Show. The only option is Cancel Appointment. Also, it would be nice if you could adjust the settings to have for example 3 spots available in a 1 hour time slot. So if there were 2 people there, it would show that 1 spot is available. This would be great for my business because I have a semi-private personal training facility where I can train up to 3 people per hour. As of now if 1 person is there than it shows that no appointments are available at that time slot.

Pros

the ease of use is great.

Cons

There's a lot of things that could be improved. For instance, calculate how many appoints were cancelled or No Shows for a month. That's just one example.

Coral L.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Best Damn Office Manager Ever!

Reviewed on 2016-08-15

Well as a salon owner this tool is invaluable. I have streamlined everything in my business through Square and I look and feel tech savvy to boot!

Pros

The analytics are great, all the financial data I need with none of the heavy lifting.

Cons

I would like for this software to be more comprehensive for the salon business for instance, processing time should be included in the timing of appointments.

I love Square Appointments!

Reviewed on 2018-02-28

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it's super user friendly and easy as pie to setup! I have experience setting this software up for clients as well as using it as a customer myself.

Cons

The one thing I like least about this software is that it's not really customizable. For instance.. square has generic, pre-set templates for their email marketing and I'm really not a fan.