GymMaster

Customer Support Software
4.8/5

Katie

• Customer Support Software

GymMaster - all the gym software options and support team you need. All for a very reasonable...

Reviewed on 5/27/2020

From day one, GymMaster has been an extremely professional company to work with, and the software has been nothing but positively impactful for my business. The price is so reasonable for what you get as a gym/fitness center, including full time support by email, and they always answer the phone for a support call or question I have.
At the time of the Corona virus mandatory gym closure, GymMaster was one of the first companies to reach out, with a plan/options already in place. I chose the MASS HOLD option they created, and this made things so easy during this hard time. They had quickly came up with a solution to what the gym would need within hours of us having to close the doors. So far this option they set up has been flawless, and has saved me several headaches.
They have been more than fair about invoice payments to them during this time, as I never had to ask, they stepped up and offered plans of assistance to help gyms fight through this tough time.
I will continue to use GymMaster, I have no interest in even finding another Gym Software company or service, this has worked wonderfully for me and I highly recommend you set your gym up with GymMaster.

Pros

I found the set-up for GymMaster software to be very easy to integrate with my business, as well as merchant service account. Clear and easy to use instructions, but what I also find extremely helpful is GymMaster staff and support team always available to help. The software is very user friendly, easy to set up basic operations of the business and also to make changes along the way, (signing-up members, changing class times, adding staff, selling online product/services). I also find beneficial that I can set up to print out any type of analytical report. The software easily checks members in by FAB or front desk staff, and the member portal works great for my member to sign-up for classes, book appts. etc on the free member portal app. If I ever need help, again GymMaster support team has always been available to help!

Cons

Navigating through the backend in the very beginning was a little frustrating at first, as there are a lot of options, and some of the phrasing can be a little confusing until you get used to it. Some tabs and links that can be accessed from several points, which was a bit confusing, but GymMaster staff and support team has always done a great job of helping understand the back end, answer questions and how to adjust settings specific to my business model. I can call GymMaster pretty much at anytime and they will help me make the necessary adjustments, while explaining how to do it myself for the next time. Really helpful and great instructors. They make sure you have all questions answered and things in place before the call ends.
Really friendly, helpful support team.

Response from Treshna Enterprises

Hi Katie
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are thrilled to hear GymMaster works well for your business and has provided you all the tools you require to make life easier for you.
We do take pride in providing the best support we can for our clients and that we are always here to assist wherever we can.
We hope you and your members keep safe and well during Covid-19 and don't hesitate to reach out to us for further assistance.

Jeremy

• Customer Support Software

I can't recommend highly enough

Reviewed on 5/3/2021

We are very happy with Gymmaster. The product itself is great, but the level and speed of support exceeds expectation. We attribute our New Zealand Exercise Industry Awards success over the last 4 years partly to the fact that we have Gymmaster as our software.

Pros

Gymmaster is very user friendly, with good permission options that allow us to offer different access to those team members that need it. We have found it easy to train new team members, as well as upskill existing team as required. The customisable options are great, as is the ability to get support when we need it! The integrations are helpful and easy, including Mailchimp, Zapier and Zoom.

Cons

Some of the reporting functions can be a little inconsistent at times, but support will usually remedy this quickly where required.

Response from Treshna Enterprises

Hi Jeremy, thanks so much for taking the time to leave us this feedback! It's great to hear you're enjoying the system and are making use of our integrations to help streamline managing your club. We appreciate you pointing out areas we can improve for your business and will take this aboard for our future improvements to the system.

Stefanie

Reviewed on 9/3/2019

Good

Pros

The software is easy to use and teach yourself.

Cons

Support, while awesome, it is hard to remember what the time change is.

Mindbody

Reasons for Switching to GymMaster

More robust

Response from Treshna Enterprises

Thank you for this review Stefanie, we appreciate you taking the time to send through your feedback. We have recently expanded our international support team, and increased our support hours to make it easier to keep in touch with us.

Paul

Gym Master Wins.

Reviewed on 9/26/2019

I have owned and managed gyms for over 18 years and used the best software providers on the market that money can buy from staff/schedules/PT's/check-ins/POS/invoicing/online stores/reporting etc, anything a gym uses I've seen in most platforms & with out a stretch GM leaves the best of them for dead. Honestly if your considering starting to use member management for your gym/PT clients or switching GM will give you everything you need. If your unsure, hook up the free trial and don't be shy to call support, I've spoken with pretty much all staff and they all go above and beyond. This is very rare to find so I can only assume management is bang on perfect.

Pros

Customization GM offers is brilliant and extremely flexible. The dashboard is accurate and doesn't require double checking in reports, it's "at a glance" format tells me all the crucial things I need to know without wasting hours of running reports and filtering in excel like other providers I've used in the past. GM has saved me time and in turn money because of this.

Boasting a huge degree of customization, I've found there's still a few things I'd like done - as soon as I raise a ticket with my request, less than 24 hours later I have a reply and usually they can provide what I've requested in the next 24 hours. AMAZING, considering other providers rarely reply to the first request at all.

Support staff are probably the best I've ever seen. Nothing's too hard, and whilst I understand I am suppose to book in training times to use the platform, they never mind if i just pick up the phone for a quick chat to query things. There customer service is that of a face to face skilled/genuine salesman, not something you expect from a tech company in another country. Not to mention the rep in accounts & the rep in development, true to there word and make it all too easy. GM You have blown me away.

Cons

CON: I'm addicted to using it because it's so enjoyable to use and user friendly. So that's the con, it takes up to much of my time cause I love using it. HA HA HA. Truly no con here.

Maybe some time zones get displayed in NZ rather than my Adelaide time zone. Again GM fix it straight away.

Response from Treshna Enterprises

Hi Paul
WOW, we are feeling very humbled by your feedback. It's great to hear that our software has been so enjoyable to use. We also take pride in responding to clients requests as we know we are continually improving the system for our end users.
If you have any further suggestions for improvement please don't hesitate to let us know, the support / development team are always ready to take the call.
Thank you again for the wonderful feedback.

Sebastian

• Customer Support Software

Why GymMaster works for our business!

Reviewed on 8/29/2019

It has been good. I feel that there could be some more proactive support in regard to the features as we have had to do most of the learning going in blind and did not realise its full potential.

Pros

The software provides valuable and necessary automated communication features as well as key seasonal data indicators that allow us to target, improve and grow our business. It provides a more substantial overview of our overall business health.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like as it works for us and the system as been continually evolved and improved over the years due to the diligence of the GymMaster development team. We are always forthcoming with new ideas and requirements for the system and the team as been very proactive in improving our experience. It just gets better and bette. I would like to see on the main data dashboard page a graph with metrics and filters indicating clearly what our average member subscription value is per week/fortnight/month without having to generate a report. Also a very clear a "Year to Date" overall revenue graph with filters.

Response from Treshna Enterprises

Hi Sebastian and Thanks for your review! It's great to hear you are finding the automation and KPIs helpful in growing your business!

Your feedback is very valuable to us in improving the system (and our training techniques) for your business and others - we will be sure to take your pointers on valuable metrics, graphs and training onboard in the ongoing development of GymMaster.

Clare
  • Industry: Automotive

Fantastic Software!

Reviewed on 4/30/2019

While there are a few small changes i might make to really make this software a perfect fit for our business, overall our experience has been exceptional. Everyone we have worked with at GymMaster has been absolutely PHENOMENAL. Even for being on the other side of the globe and in a completely different time zone, they have been amazing at getting back to us quickly when we had any questions or minor issues. I highly recommend this software based on their exceptional service alone!

Pros

The GymMaster Software has been absolutely great for our business. We are actually a Car Wash but have been able to implement the GymMaster Software to manage our Unlimited Wash memberships as well as to use as our regular POS system. The POS part of the software has been very easy for our employees to use and making changes in the settings is quick and simple, especially when it comes to adding or changing products or memberships.

Cons

I wouldn't say that we disliked anything about the software but there were a few areas that could be tweaked to better serve other types of businesses, like our car wash. It would be great to be able to switch between users more easily. Our employees got frustrated logging out of one users profile and into theirs so we eventually just left it logged in under my profile and everyone just used that. It would be more user friendly (for multiple users like at our business) if there could be a way to have a basic version up and have users prompted to enter a user number or password when they complete certain functions like ringing up a customer or adding a new member. For cash transactions It would be helpful if the receipts could show how much was paid and how much change is due to the customer. or have a window pop up showing how much change a customer is supposed to receive. It would also be great to have the ability to turn off or customize certain fields such as medical information or member details as we don't need it but could use that section to track other information such as the vehicle information. For us, our memberships are attached to a vehicle and not to a person so it would be fantastic to have an option to track memberships in that way. It would also be great to have the option to use a barcode on a membership card or vehicle sticker instead of the RFiD tags.

Response from treshna Enterprises

Thank you so much for this feedback Clare, I have passed on your fantastic ideas and requests for a more specific type of software to be developed.
It has been an absolute pleasure working with you and we hope to be in touch with you in the near future with a more tailored software solution

Angela

• Customer Support Software

GymMaster is the basis for our entire operation

Reviewed on 7/22/2020

GymMaster allows us to operate our facility without staff fairly easily with minimal technical experience. Setup was a learning curve we were able to work through with our IT business partner but once we had everything setup we were very impressed at how everything was able to be integrated fairly seamlessly. The app, while still quite glitchy, allows us to monitor what's going on at our 24 hour facility remotely at all times. Our members love being able to use their apps to monitor their memberships and buy products on their own after hours. Tailgating works perfectly and allows us to easily monitor when non-members have entered without prior arrangement or with permission as a dropin with a friend. Being able to unlock the door remotely via the app is also great for when we have visitors or a member has forgotten or having issues with their fob.

Pros

It integrates our security, automatic subscription payments, inventory and member app that our members find easy to use and accessible 24 hours a day.

Cons

Some background features seem to exist that we don't know are on or able to be changed. Some things happen automatically by default that I do wish were default set to off that we don't know are on until some unforseen action happens. As we learn to use it more and more we are able to work through these things but sometimes with updates it seems there are more 'default' options appearing waiting for us to find.

Response from Treshna Enterprises

Hi Angela
Thank you for the feedback. We are pleased to hear GymMaster has become such an integral part of the running of your business.
The default options are something the team are already aware of and are currently addressing those.
Thank you again for the great feedback and we look forward to working with you for many years to come.

Noel

Best for easy to use

Reviewed on 6/13/2019

I had a great experience with them and plan I’m using them in the future

Pros

I was able to start immediately on figuring out the system. We used two different softwares and they were hard for my staff. Gymmaster is great and easy to use. I set it up with no help the first night on memberships and how to input people.

Cons

I did not have a door system set up with the software. Not the company’s fault but it would have been nice

Kisi

Reasons for Choosing GymMaster

Too hard to use for staff

ShapeNet

Reasons for Switching to GymMaster

Response from Treshna Enterprises

Hi Noel, thank you for the great feedback. We are pleased you found the system intuitive as we do try to make the functionality as easy to use for our clients.
We wish you all the best and hope we can be of further assistance to you when you reopen.

Lora

• Customer Support Software

Great software and customer support!

Reviewed on 6/14/2019

Pros

I found the GymMaster software to be extremely user-friendly - very easy to use, visually pleasing, great features which are regularly updated and improved upon, and the user-end integrated seamlessly into our website. Customer service was always incredibly responsive and helpful, with a very quick turn-around time, even though they are based in New Zealand and we are in the United State! Great company to do business with!

Cons

I would love to see a GymMaster smartphone app for our gym members to use, to be able to view schedules, book classes, check in, etc.

Glofox

Response from Treshna Enterprises

Lora, thank you for the wonderful feedback. We pride ourselves on being client focused and always improving the system for a better experience. This is supported by a great team who are always here to help when you need us.
We look forward to working with you in the future

Courtney

• Customer Support Software

Excellent Software, but a few suggestions...

Reviewed on 9/21/2021

This software works great for member management, tracking classes, collecting dues, new sign-ups, and selling products.
Their are some very simple fixes that would greatly improve the quality of this software for smaller gyms.

Pros

The interface and the fact that there are explanations next to each function.
Can give members freedom to manage their account and membership through portal
The amount of fail-safe's in place to avoid mistakes or over charges
Just an excellent overall software

Cons

That we are unable to provide a description for our classes, but can for bookings. Our gym only offers classes, so we have no need for bookings. PLEASE ADD ONLINE DESCRIPTIONS FOR CLASSES TOO.
That we cannot put variations (size, color) on products which forces us to put in a new product for every single size and color. LOOK INTO HOW SQUARE POS FUNCTIONS WITH VARIATIONS.

Response from Treshna Enterprises

Courtney, appreciate you taking the time to give us this feedback and for your suggestions on future improvements!

You'll be pleased to know that online class descriptions are currently available in the system, if you'd like a hand with this please don't hesitate to reach out to support.

The point of sale improvement you mentioned is on the team's radar, I have notified them of your interest to assist in prioritizing the project.

Thanks again

Are

• Customer Support Software

AN EXTRAORDINARY SOFTWARE & PROFESSIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM.

Reviewed on 7/17/2019

Where do I start?

My overall experience with the GymMaster system, was daunting at first. I had NO IDEA!

However, the Gym Master team have been amazing, their attitude were exceptional by ways of:
1. Helping - Understanding my needs of learning GymMaster.
2. Patience - Giving me the opportunity get better at it and learning from my mistakes.
3. Willingness - to assist after hours, even they have finished work for the day.
4. Follow up - getting back to me regarding an existing Problem.
5. Staff and client recognition - knowing who their clients are and creating Rapport, and building confidence in me to understand GymMaster.
6. Thank you - representatives and some I may have forgotten (sorry) for listening, understanding and offering me guidance to be a GymMaster operator in my business.

Pros

The GymMaster software is user friendly with a simple interface that shows everything about a member at first glance. The folders are well labeled and easy to follow prompts and dropdown boxes.

The GymMaster is an amazing tracker of clients and bookings, as well as memberships.
Every gym should adopt this software for piece of mind.

Cons

It's not a major thing. I mean, off the record.

Time difference calling from AU, NSW at 7pm, and it's 11pm in NZ when they're closed. But, I totally understood, some things cannot be done.
I'm a Kiwi myself.

Response from Treshna Enterprises

Hi Ar'e
Thank you for such a glowing review. We are thrilled to hear the system is so user friendly as we do try to ensure it's intuitive for our clients.
As you have found first hand we have an amazing support team here. We are expanding the team internationally to ensure all time zones will be covered for support when you need it.
We certainly wish you all the best and look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Michael

GymMaster - a true pleasure

Reviewed on 6/30/2020

We control our business with GymMaster and as a small business owner, it doesn't get any more important than that. The technical staff are always available and very helpful. My experience with them is superior to many other software companies I have used in the past. GymMaster gives us insight into billings, facility usage, membership information, and even provides a portal to contact our member en masse as we had to with recent COVID-19 activities. I truly feel that they value our relationship and that speaks volumes to us. I would choose GymMaster again and again, and would freely recommend it.

Pros

GymMaster is quite easy to use and very robust. Its functionality goes above and beyond. We are able to track membership activity very quickly and painlessly. The controls within the system are much appreciated. My staff is frequently offered tutorials for use of the software and understanding any.al upgrades.

Cons

Cannot think of any cons to this software. None at all.

Response from Treshna Enterprises

Hi Michael
Thank you for the wonderful feedback, we are pleased to hear the system has provided a great tool for your business.

We have a great support team who are always here for any queries you may have.

Look forward to working with you as you expand and grow.

Robert

Amazing

Reviewed on 7/4/2019

Pros

Ease of use. Value for the money. It made my job easy

Cons

The thing I like the least was that you had to have Internet to update profiles

Mindbody

Response from Treshna Enterprises

Hi Robert! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us this wonderful feedback - it's great to hear we have made your life easier as a club owner.

GymMaster requires an internet connection to synchronise your profile updates with the system. This ensures your important information is always up-to-date every time you log in from your computer, tablet or phone or if you have multiple users logged in and using the system simultaneously

Alan
  • Industry: Music

• Customer Support Software

I love "The Bash" formerly known as "Gigmasters"

Reviewed on 2/16/2021

OOps - I thought this was "GIGMASTERS" not GymMasters. My bad.!

Pros

I have twelve different advertisements with Gigmasters (The Bash) and get a vast amount of work from this software company. They have excellent customer service and are set up to do what the performing artist needs - video, photos, written descriptions - the questions they ask the client are about 80-85% of all the info I ever need to get the gig proposal done correctly, and they allow you to keep copies of your proposals on their server for future use. LOVE this product!

Cons

Because I have twelve ads with them in different regions, they don't give me as many specifics as I might like in their "notice to me" that I have an inquiry, but this means I have to open the notice they send me and look at it to find out what services the client wants.

Bill

• Customer Support Software

Having the Gymmaster system in my fitness center has been great! It's been extremely helpful.

Reviewed on 3/28/2018

Pros

keeps track of all my members easily. I know who's fees are due and the system deactivates their key fob automatically so that there are no unauthorized entries. The 24/7 key system has cut back on payroll costs and brought in many new members. The software can be accessed from any computer or phone with web access. I can even lock and unlock my front door from my phone.

Cons

Can't think of any cons. The system has been running great and I'll continue to use it as long as the company is active

Response from treshna Enterprises

Hi Bill, thank you so much for the great feedback.
It's wonderful to hear GymMaster has been able to serve its purpose from capturing member details, management of fees through to 24/7 access.
Providing access from the web has certainly made a difference to our clients giving them the freedom to manage the facility from anywhere.

Sara

Great!

Reviewed on 8/2/2019

Overall it has been a good experience!

Pros

I like that you can bill the customers account for purchases. I like how you can view account history. I like how easy it is to use. Customer service is great, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is my favorite!

Cons

That you cannot take all linked members and main members member owing and bill one big amount I have to go to each person to bill their account.

Response from Treshna Enterprises

Hi Sara, thanks for taking the time to leave us this review!
We're so glad you are enjoying your experience with GymMaster.

This functionality is currently on our radar as a feature to implement - in the mean time we would be happy to schedule a session to discuss other debt collection features available through GymMaster that might help streamline the process.

Thanks again for letting us know, client feedback helps us prioritize features that will improve the software.

Lee
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Gymmaster

Reviewed on 2/11/2017

We have been using gymmaster for about 6 years and it has been an excellent product, easy to use, easy to tailor to our circumstances, staff need very little training to use, reliable and updates. Customer service has been excellent and beyond my expectation. Any technical problems have been dealt with remotely by gymmaster. I would definitely recommend them.

No down time
Updates remotely
Fantastic back up from service staff/tech staff

Cons

Nothing springs to mind, we probably don't use it to its full potential

Response from treshna Enterprises

Hi Lee! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a glowing review! We look forward to continuing working with you well into the future

Kenneth

• Customer Support Software

I had a great experience with GymMaster! Very Helpful Customer Service and an Easy Product to...

Reviewed on 2/8/2018

It was very easy to organize and create the memberships and different class options I wanted to offer.

Pros

The simplicity of the entire program. Being able to easily create different memberships and classes was very important to me, especially with just opening my studio and "feeling out" what was going to work and not work. The customer support was by-far one of the best I have experienced with any product in my 11 years of being in business. They are very quick to respond to inquiries and are also quick to have the answers.

Cons

The one issue I didn't care for was the fact that I could not directly link my billing account to the software. I have used an alternative billing company for almost 5 years and would have loved to be able to have it all seamless instead of having to have the memberships in the GymMaster System and then still bill outside of the system. It made some double-work for me.

Response from treshna Enterprises

Kenneth, thank you for your sincere words. We've enjoyed being a part of your journey, and firmly believe that quality customer support is necessary to make sure GymMaster works as best for you as possible. Of all the billing providers we partner with, it is unfortunate that your current billing company was not one of them. However we hope that our ability to allow 3rd party billing has given you the best of both worlds!

Paola
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Rise Fitness

Reviewed on 8/30/2019

Pros

The compatibility with the locking mechanisms at our gym allowing 24/7 access for our members.

Cons

The mobile app is not very robust and would be great for this to be optimized so our clients could use it more for many other things and for me to schedule clients, etc. also would be great to use for access into the gym.

Response from Treshna Enterprises

Thank you for this review Paola, we really appreciate your feedback.
We are continuing to develop the app capabilities, please feel free to reach out to your client manager with any requests or ideas for improvement.

Jarryd

Innovative

Reviewed on 11/27/2017

Pros

They are working hard to customize features to suit different types of business. No request is ever denied without careful consideration. and the customer service is quick at answering

Cons

Sometimes the hardware fails, however, the new update has been great. The biggest con about this software is the reporting is inaccurate.

Response from treshna Enterprises

Hi Jarryd, thanks for your kind words, we really do pride ourselves on the development of GymMaster being driven by our clients.
We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing inaccuracies with your reporting - and would love to get this sorted for you as quickly as possible. Please send us an email to [email protected] with details of your issue so we can get your reporting back on track!
- Fiona

Phoebe
  • Industry: Sports

Customer Feedback

Reviewed on 4/23/2019

My experience with GymMaster has been exceptional. They have delivered an outstanding service and understanding each time we call for assistance or looking for the best option on how we can utililize the software more efficiently.

Pros

Cost saving and user friendly.

The software has allowed us to set-up our schedule classes and other services to reflect our business needs. GymMaster’s reporting set-up and templates are taking our business to another level. The reporting allows our business to identify ways on how to improve our service and increase our revenue each week. As for the templates it has made is easier for us to reach out to our members daily.

Our customize app has taken our business to another level. Our member finds it easy to access and use our app.

Cons

Sorry I don't have any cons about this software. Changing provider to GymMaster has been the best decision for our business (gym).

Response from treshna Enterprises

Hi Phoebe
Thank you for the great feedback. The team here at GymMaster are always thrilled to see how the software can make such a positive difference to our clients and the day to day management of the business.
We look forward to assisting you further into the future.

MATTHEW

• Customer Support Software

Great company to work with, and great product for the money.

Reviewed on 2/23/2018

Pros

The software is very user friendly. It is also fairly easy to navigate. If you need help with something there staff is very helpful and quick to respond. Anytime I have had a issue the tech support had it resolved very quickly

Cons

Had some problems with the software communicating to the database once in a while but that got better over time. At first when we had to input the programs with dates it was a little difficult to figure out but that improved as we continued to use the system. Just a lack of experience

Response from treshna Enterprises

Hi Matt
Thank you for taking the time to give us some great feedback. At GymMaster we do strive to always improve the system so our customers get a better experience. Our support team are always ready to assist.
Wish you all the best and don't hesitate to contact us if we can help in any way.
Regards, GymMaster

Jacob
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

The Gym Douglas

Reviewed on 11/27/2019

Pros

Easy to use, effective customer service,

Cons

Nothing, if we did have an issue, it was resolved with a phone call or website walk through

Response from Treshna Enterprises

Hi Jacob
Thank you for your review, especially hearing about it's ease of use.
If we can help with anything at all you know where we are.

Dylan

GymMaster Review

Reviewed on 8/30/2019

Pros

Software contains a lot of useful features and is rather user friendly. Data collection is also fantastic.
Staff are friendly and do their best to assist with any issues that arise.

Cons

Initially operating some of the features was quite a task. Can be difficult at times gaining support in the afternoon in Melbourne, as the company is based in New Zealand and therefore close early business hours.

Response from Treshna Enterprises

Thank you for this review Dylan, we appreciate your feedback. We have expanded our support and training team internationally which means we will have more staff available in the afternoons. Feel free to let us know if you wish to book in a session with them!

Ben

• Customer Support Software

Trouble adding members to paysafe

Reviewed on 7/20/2022

Overall, I love the product. There are some things that I'd like to be easier, but overall, it's a great product and I'm glad I found it.

Pros

Most of the features are easy to use with the exception of billing. It keeps track of sessions, who owes me money, and it generates reports which are helpful in making business decisions.

Cons

Adding members to paysafe is an arduous process which doesn't make me look good in front of customers.

Response from Treshna Enterprises

Ben B thanks for your feedback! Sorry to hear about your experience with Mindbody, but we're glad to hear you're enjoying the switch to GymMaster so far!

Thanks for your note on the Paysafe front and for highlighting the features you find most useful.

These points are extremely valuable for us to help prioritise future improvements to the system.

Please be sure to reach out to our dedicated support team if you ever need any help, they'll do everything they can to make things as easy as possible!