Calendly

4.5/5

1,622 reviews

Amir G.

• Customer Support Software

Bad technical support team - made us lose money AND now asked fro upgrade

Reviewed on 2019-07-12

I was fairly happy with Calendly, even though it was more expensive than its competitors. It looks great on mobile and pretty simple to set up. However, we had a very unique situation with our booking and I reached out to their team about it and explained it all. Of course, since I was not a paying member, all the answers were "yes you can" ... and they even showed me how to do it. I thought all was working, until a few months down the road, I found that actually, we have been losing booking (paid) potentials all along because of some conflicting issues their team forgot to mention (or just made a mistake in their advice).

I reached out and their solution was for us to PAY MORE for another user account. They even owned up to making the mistake of giving bad advice. I offered them a compromise and they stayed with their position I need to pay for a whole extra account. Now we are stuck with them.

Pros

Looks great on mobile. Easy to use. Allows capture of utm_source

Cons

At the time I signed up, there was really nothing stopping me... until I found out their support team led me to paying 2x than I should be.

Alhassan A.

• Customer Support Software

my event confirmations have doubled, but double-bookings have dropped to zero

Reviewed on 2021-07-17

Overseeing a portfolio of multiple projects and teams, most with different project management software usually leads to a lot of conflict with scheduling meetings. I often end up being double or triple booked and couldn't ever get my different project calendars to properly sync up. Calendly has completely solved that problem for me, allowing my teams and I to effortlessly set up meetings and events with zero clashes or conflicts since I signed on. Oh!! and I no longer have to do the back and forth emails to schedule events.

Pros

Scheduling events or meetings with project partners has never been this easy. The most useful feature about calendly is the straight-up availability status that cuts out 90% of the back and forth we usually go through when trying to schedule an event. Within a few short seconds, I can set up and confirm events and be sure of attendance from other participants. It is really awesome.

Cons

It doesn't offer quite a wide variety of options for customization to suit my exact preferences. But in terms of functionality, I have absolutely zero to complain about. It has been excellent.

ScheduleOnce

Reasons for Choosing Calendly

Getting it to sync up the multiple project calendars I oversaw was always delayed

Doodle

Reasons for Switching to Calendly

The user reviews was what convinced me to choose Calendly. And the full package trial period did the rest to convince me
Caleb B.

• Customer Support Software

Powerful scheduling functions for sales team demos

Reviewed on 2018-11-15

If you schedule live events with clients on a regular basis, Calendly provides a clean interface to easily show others your available time slots and allow them to schedule an event. This has proved invaluable for our sales team to do live demos with prospects and not get too many scheduled at once. It also has allowed us to not schedule demos back to back without buffer time in between. That's huge!

Pros

TheThe best thing about Calendly is the ability to set schedules for specific event types! You can set blackout dates, available times, control meeting lengths, automatically add buffer time, limit the number of events scheduled for a single day, and more. This is perfect for setting up live events or meetings on an ongoing basis, but giving yourself enough heads up and flexibility to be in control. You basically give prospective customer the freedom to choose a date and time--but ensure that it fits in your schedule, too. Use this to schedule live demos with clients, training events, or even webinars. It's a great tool, especially for small sales teams that need a controlled flow of sales calls/demos.

Cons

Calendly is restrictive in analytics; for instance, I can't easily see how many people clicked to schedule an event, but didn't follow through. It's also difficult from a user interface standpoint. I find myself looking for settings and menus that are hidden within the slick, clean interface. On the scheduling side, it's pretty easy for clients to schedule events, but you can't customize the date picker--and that's really unfortunate, because I'd like to use it in more places but can't customize the look and feel or functionality.

Todd B.

• Customer Support Software

Removes the need to ask 'When is good to meet?' in a remote company

Reviewed on 2016-10-03

We've been using Calendly for a little over 6 months at my company. This app makes finding times to meet with colleagues an absolute breeze. Working at a remote company with 90+ people, and specifically on a team of about 20, searching for available time slots in Google Calendar can be VERY time-consuming and challenging. With Calendly you are instantly shown the times available for the person you'd like to meet with. You can choose a time, and instantly add it to your Google Calendar. It sends them a reminder to their calendar as well.

Pros

Scheduling meetings is easy, and I don't ever have to rely on coordinating crazy google calendars with people. If you are setting it up for yourself to have people schedule meetings with you, it's easy to block out times that you are available or unavailable. It's also really great if you work with teams across different time zones as it takes your timezone into account when scheduling times with person/or vice versa, overall it's just one less thing to worry about.

Another super handy feature is the ability to request certain information from the person booking time with you. This makes it easy to request an agenda about the meeting or to perhaps ask a series of questions for recurring meetings with people.

Cons

The only problem I've had is mostly user error. As the one requesting a meeting, I wish there was an easier way to add calendar events to your calendar. I have on a few occasions forgot to add the scheduled time to my calendar (the option is there, I've just missed it a few times) would be awesome if it was automagically added some way to your Google Cal. :)

Danielle A.

• Customer Support Software

Great Scheduling Tool for Recruitiers!

Reviewed on 2020-04-28

Calendly has been a wonderful tool that we added to help cut the time spent scheduling phone interviews and remove the manual work involved with scheduling. With the amount of interviews we do on a weekly basis we needed some sort of tool where we could remove the unnecessarily exchange of e-mails to navigate schedules and agree on available times to chat. Calendly has done a great job in meeting our needs at an extremely affordable cost!

Pros

Removes the manual work and communication it takes to schedule a meeting. Dramatically reduces the time it takes to schedule. Scheduling is immediate vs. having to wait to hear back on confirmation. Allows you to collect some basic info such as correct phone number to call so that everyone knows how to proceed. Connects seamlessly with our ATS Greenhouse. Auto populates calendar invite directly to my outlook calendar.

Cons

Would love to see a better re-schedule feature from the Account side. As is, if you the account manager and someone has scheduled a meeting through your link - they have they option to re-schedule based on your open availability. However, the account manager only can re-schedule for a time he/she selects with no ability to give the person who originally scheduled the meeting a choice of new meeting date/time. Would love to be able to see re-scheduling options that could be sent from the account asking the person to select a new time from list of current/future availability.

Mark P.

Simple, Functional Scheduling Software

Reviewed on 2020-02-22

My experience with Calendly has been great. It's totally stress-free because there's zero bugs or issues with the software and everything is super intuitive. I have zero complaints.

Pros

Calendly is great for scheduling appointments because it is clean, simple, & easy to use.

It takes just minutes to set up your first booking link that you can use to schedule your own appointments or use to send out to others to schedule appointments with you.

It's also very sleek and modern looking. A lot of scheduling software I've used in the past looks to be reminiscent of the mid-2000s (ie, AppointmentCore).

Finally, there are many integrations that can be used with Calendly that allows you to use it alongside your CRM, personal calendar, and so on.

Cons

It isn't free. They do allow you to use a free trial for a certain period of time but then you're stuck paying $10/month for the basic package. And, to set up links for multiple people, you need an account per team member, so the cost can add up. The time Calendly ends up saves for you, however, makes the the cost worth it in the end.

Hannah M.

Great customer-facing tool

Reviewed on 2019-11-19

We are using this in our school to simplify the process for Prospective Parents to book tours, appointments, and interviews. We are saving so much time compared to scheduling via phone call or email. Calendly allows me to our add our branding, so it's a seamless process for customers.

Pros

Simple user interface - Calendly makes it easy to offer appointment times for customers and integrates them with existing calendars.

Cons

With the 1 user plan, I am limited in how it works with my team. The multi-user or team plans are out of our price range (very small business). I would like to be able to notify more than one email address when an appointment is made.

vcita

Reasons for Choosing Calendly

We needed more capability - integration with our calendars, email reminders, etc.

Google Forms

Cost and integration

• Customer Support Software

The fastest way to schedule without the tennis match.

Reviewed on 2020-10-06

Overall, we have been very pleased with the product and value. With as many external calls, meetings and demonstrations as we do, it has become an invaluable piece of our toolkit.

Pros

The value and time savings are what sold Calendly to my staff. Despite improvements to Google Calendar, many of the leads and clients in our industry host their solutions internally, so lots of back-and-forth emails resulted just to "find a time that works for everyone".

Cons

There isn't much to not like. We've not had many instances of needing support which mostly has been getting directed to a support article we couldn't find. The redirect options after scheduling would be very useful in our tier as well, but the higher tier doesn't offer quiet enough to pull us over to it. Also, being able to remove the "Calendly" badge is good but the color options do keep the embedding options from perfectly suiting the more fastidious brand managers (another top-tier-only option).

Princess G.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Love this scheduling software

Reviewed on 2020-09-23

I would like to see the app improve on its features.

Pros

I love the ability to have people schedule meetings or interviews with me at their convenience based on my schedule. It minimizes the back and forth with candidates. When someone scheduled it goes directly to my calendar and even sets up a link and conference line for you!. If need to cancel and reschedule they can do so. Everything auto generates, even the calendar updates. With calendly you can control things. Also, I use HRIS systems which has calendly integrated so whenever I send out an interview invite and someone schedules an interview it pops up on their profile.

For anyone who is on a tight budget this really helps with needing to pay someone.

Cons

I wish the app features worked a little better than they do. I have the app on my phone but most of the time it takes me into the actual website to do things. I think using the app would be faster.

Easy Setup, Easy Use

Reviewed on 2021-02-24

So easy to get started, I would recommend to anyone wanting to do anything that requires meetings either online or in person. Great integrations.

Pros

It was particularly easy to set up this product to use and start sharing my calendar with my clients. I don't have to worry about clashes as the software automatically detects clashing times with my own calendars.

Cons

So far, I don't have any complaints about the software. I haven't yet upgraded to a paid programme but it looks like as in individual I won't have to unless I want to accept online payments.

Reasons for Choosing Calendly

I wanted to use Acuity because I was already familiar with it from one of my employers, but it doesn't allow me to have my own account once my email was linked to the employer's schedule.

My Go-To Business Scheduling Software

Reviewed on 2019-03-19

Overall the software works as expected and I have and will continue to recommend this software to my colleagues. The setup and UI does need some work but overall and with the monthly cost, this software works better, has more features and costs less than many competitors.

Pros

Calendly sports a fine suite of tools to help you achieve your scheduling goals. From individual schedules to Team schedules that can be fine tuned to schedule using a round robin feature or set who gets more than the other. You can also create your own URLs to keep different types of schedules organized and easy to share with clients. Lastly, they offer you a script so you can display the calendar right on your website and everything is integrated with Office 365 just by signing in.

Cons

This software can be difficult to set up as individual and teams work separately and you have to create the events on each one separately. I've had to contact support for help many times because the UI just doesn't make sense to a new user and even as an experienced user you can easily make mistakes in the setup so there is a bit of trial and error.

John R.
  • Industry: Human Resources

• Customer Support Software

Time and tide wait for no one - here is a help with the time element...

Reviewed on 2019-08-30

Time and calendar management sorted, now lets look at the tide!

Pros

Freemium model allows for easy and simplified set-up and usage, then once true ROI is experienced the cost of upgrade is well in the 'reasonable' range and for every budget. The ease of use and convenience is top notch

Cons

I had to configure everything again when I moved from 1 company to another - which is only an inconvenience not an issue.

YouCanBook.me and Acuity Scheduling

Ease of set-up and cost
Gina S.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Great App, But...

Reviewed on 2020-08-18

Overall I like Calendly. The best thing is that it's easy to use. Some others I have tried are so complicated to block out unavailable time. I'm not techy, so this one works for me!

Pros

It's easy to use. It's simple and clean, but you can choose the color of the appointment dot.

Cons

Customer Service is zero. I've tried reaching out and all you can do is ask a question and it takes you to a forum. There is no phone number or email. The biggest issue I have with them (and why I needed customer service) is that customers cannot make multiple appointments at once. They have to go in there one at a time, hit the back button, and go in again. This results in a separate email for each appointment. It would be much simpler if there were the question, "make another appointment?" built in after someone books. Other apps have this capability and as I looked in the forum, this request was made HUNDREDS of times in the past 4 years. It has been completely ignored by Calendly and one can only assume they never plan to address this simple issue that other apps do offer. It's not a big deal, but again, also not a big deal to correct!

Reasons for Choosing Calendly

AHB was extremely difficult to work with. And I was not getting the emails alerting me that customers had booked. Not in spam either. Sometimes they came, sometimes they didn't. But mostly it was difficult to make changes to my calendar.

Reasons for Switching to Calendly

It was clean and simple, and the price was right.

Calendly is probably the best online app for having clients schedule meetings with you

Reviewed on 2021-03-31

I think I've had a highly unique experience with this piece of software - it's never frustrated me once, does exactly what I want it to do, works flawlessly, and is literally free for most ways people will use it. I have no experience with the support team to know if their support is good or not, because I've never had a problem or question to need to reach out to them.

Impressive.

Pros

It's easy, it's free (in most usages), it's fast to set up, and clients love it.

Calendly has many features that are offered in its free versions and is very capable of helping anyone that schedules time with clients. The way it works is you tell Calendly which days and times you're available, you send that link to clients, and they can see your schedule update real-time and pick a slot that works. Your Google Calendar updates immediately to show you're booked, and they get an email confirmation for the scheduled slot. You can also have clients put in information such as email / phone / etc that also can be populated into the Google Calendar slot.

Cons

After pondering for quite some time, I can't think of a single thing that I would do better, differently, or even suggest to the makers of Calendly. It's a fantastic piece of software.

Jason H.

Just WOW

Reviewed on 2020-02-25

So easy and so worth every penny. The free version works, but the add-ons of the Pro are amazing. So glad I found this product and I will pay for it next year too. Thanks for helping me manage my work life!

Pros

Calendly is so easy to use. Syncing it with your calendars and setting availability is so easy. Creating multiple meeting types with different requirements is so easy. To make it even better you can send email and text reminders and then an automatic follow-up email after the meeting. It syncs easily with Zoom as well so you can set virtual meetings. When it is all done you just send a link and the booking is done for you. Should you need to the cancellation and reschedule process is so easy. A+++

Cons

That I did not find it sooner. It has changed the way I schedule meetings and control my calendar. Gone are the days of crazy text and email streams to make meetings happen!

Reasons for Switching to Calendly

Just better features for a better price and synced so nicely with my Google Calendars. Love their app as well!
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

Schedule Your Appointments in a Timely Manner

Reviewed on 2018-10-12

Pros

My days can be very busy and filled with meetings, phone calls, emails and other tasks which can be difficult to keep track when your next appointment will be. There are times when some stockbrokers can’t meet me face-to-face and would rather communicate by a video call. Calendly provides the option of scheduling video conference calls. Whether we have group sessions or one-one calls, Calendly is able to set-up all your appointments. I also like the fact that it syncs in with my calendar and sends me reminders. A cool perk is that it saves everything on the cloud. Overall, a very user-friendly program.

Cons

Don’t have any major issues with this software. My only concern is when other people schedule appointments with me using another software, and I wish they too could use Calendly.

Ashley M.

Round Robin

Reviewed on 2019-03-19

It's been helpful to our company because it automatically sends an email to the customer after they set the appointment. They can also reschedule or cancel on their own without having to deal with calling our office and asking someone to change it. It puts the customer in control of their appointment.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it allows you to add several members of your team to a calendar and also allows you to select the round robin option which gives every sales person a fair amount of customer leads and appointments.

Cons

The fields that you can create should have more specific input areas because often times the people entering the information don't enter it in the correct format - which in turn makes us need to edit that information in OnePageCRM when the Zap automatically adds a new contact there.

Joshua V.

• Customer Support Software

Calendly is the best scheduling software for email copywriters, solopreneurs, and freelancers.

Reviewed on 2020-04-20

My overall experience with calendly has been great, I've scheudled lots of clients and built my business using this software. Support is also top notch. They even responded quickly during the Co-vid 19 crisis.

Pros

What I like most about calendly is how easy it is for clients of all ages to pick up and use. None of my clients ever get confused when I send them a calednly link. Calendly works on all browsers, has an amazing web app, and allows you to run a service business with ease. It's also free to use until you need paid features. The free features are very good. I used free for a year until I decided to upgrade to paid to expand.

Cons

There's nothing I really dislike about this software. I wish I could buy a lifetime offer. That's about it.

Ganjar W.
  • Industry: Higher Education Software

Brilliant application to arrange your schedule!

Reviewed on 2019-04-27

As a lecturer, I have to divide my time for teaching classes, research activities and meeting my research students . These are truly overwhelming at first since I had to allocate extra time to arrange my schedule, extra time which I do not have!
With Calendly, I can ask the students to book particular session, according to their needs. This has made my whole professional life easier!

Pros

Calendly allows users to set schedules with several easy steps!
All you need to do is log in to Calendly, set your schedule, which could be daily, weekly, monthly or on certain dates, and share your Calendly link to your colleagues. Whenever your colleagues want to meet you, all they need to do is click the link, book appropriate time convenient to you both and that meeting is going to appear in your schedule! Very easy and handy.

Cons

The free version only allows one type of meeting. This does not diminish the value of Calendly, though. It is still a very useful application!

John B.

Multiple Calendars and Great Value!

Reviewed on 2018-09-08

Pros

Before I started using Calendly to schedule appointments I constantly found myself hopping back and forth between various calendar and scheduling platforms. A time consuming and usually unsatisfying adventure each and every time.

Calendly changed the game for me though. Creating calendars is a breeze and I love the fact that I can embed them. It makes scheduling meeting with current clients and consultations with prospects a breeze.

Oh yeah, one more MAJOR plus for me is that Calendly reminds my client as well as myself about our meeting. I haven't had a missed meeting or client no-show since I've started using it!

Cons

Possibly the perfect cloud scheduling tool there is. No cons.

Sam Z.

Time to Change

Reviewed on 2021-06-25

Calendly help me to solve my monster scheduling problem. At different times in the year I need different types of appointments. Meeting with multiple people throughout the day is the standard. Calendly assisted me in structuring a process that worked for me and my team.

Pros

The integration of Calendly was simple and easy. I use Outlook to manage my calendar and integrated Calendly with no fuss.

Cons

Overall there are no true complaints to share. If you are a penny pincher the free version provides exposure to help you make a decision before purchasing. The premium features are essential to achieve the full value. Free would be better but the cost is acceptable, considering you cannot put a price on time returned to your day.

Camille T.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

I love Calendly!

Reviewed on 2020-05-08

Calendly was easy to set up on my WordPress website. Potential clients who visit the site simply find a time that works best for them for a free 30 minute consultation. I get an email notification and it instantly appears on my calendar.

Pros

My clients can easily schedule calls with me now without wasting time on back and forth emails trying to find a time that works for both of us. I also love that Calendly instantly updates my calendar so that I don't even need to think about scheduling. Calendly was easy to set up on my WordPress website too.

Cons

Nothing. I love Calendly. When I have something to do, I simply block off time on my calendar and it updates immediately.

• Customer Support Software

Calendly has scheduling meeting a walk in the park!

Reviewed on 2019-04-03

1. Like that calendly allows me to schedule a 1:1 and group meetings. I do a lot of recruitment and this software has helped me to seamlessly schedule meetings over a period of one month or two. Calemdly has made me so efficient in my role.

Pros

1. It can easily sync up with my personal G-calendar
2. The client don't get to see other meeting in my calendar but only empty timeslots and schedule a meeting by a click of a button
3. It allows me to schedule 15 through to 1-hour meetings.

Cons

If a candidate or a client or candidate doesn't find a time that works for them I have to manually schedule for more empty slots.
If you forget to schedule times that you don't want to have a meeting e.g during lunch break - a client can schedule at that time. As a user, you have to be extra careful when scheduling a meeting via calendly.

• Industry: Events Services

Scheduling Made Easy

Reviewed on 2020-10-09

I am a huge fan of Calendly. It has made my life so much easier, and not just for me, but the users on the other end of it. I rarely come into contact with someone who can't figure out how to use Calendly if I send them my link. I think that has happened once or twice. I also have had multiple people thank me for introducing them to Calendly.

Pros

The thing I like and appreciate the most is the number of hours Calendly has helped me save over time. I have to schedule a lot of interviews and meetings, for myself and for others. By implementing Calendly, we have dramatically decreased the number of hours spent on scheduling and rescheduling requests. Scheduling is not a fun thing to do, so I am very grateful for Calendly!

Cons

There really is nothing I can think of that I don't like, which is rare for me to say. Calendly does exactly what it sets out to do. All of the functionality works the way it needs to. I have yet to find a use case that Calendly couldn't help with from a scheduling perspective.

Surender S.

• Customer Support Software

Amazing tool to automate your calendar scheduling.

Reviewed on 2018-09-17

One word - Amazing. Cannot do without it now.

Pros

This is far and away the best way to automate your calendar appointments. You sign up and download a little utility and that syncs with your Microsoft outlook. After that you just send your calendly link to anyone you want to book an appointment with (or in our case, use it in your email signature) and anyone with that link can see your schedule and book an appointment.

Initially (before we were using this) we used to waste so much time going back and forth in emails trying to find a common free time slot to set up a call or a meeting. Once we started using this, all of them immediately got fixed. Now we just send a calendly link and sit back and relax. Its fantastic.

Even the free version is fully feature packed and will get you or your team going immediately.

Cons

Nothing much to dislike. Its crazy useful even if you get the free version.