Calendly

Customer Support Software
4.4/5

Noman

• Customer Support Software

The best appointment booking tool for agencies

Reviewed on 2022-08-19

Calendly is a must tool and has an easy one-click integration with platforms like WordPress which makes it easier to use. Appointment booking on a website becomes very simple with Calendly. I recommend this tool to everyone.

Pros

As we are a marketing agency, we have inquiries that come in every day on our website. We require those inquiries to book an appointment with our business development team so that they can get clarity on the requirement of the client and take it further. Calendly has helped us automate this process by integrating with the chatbot on our website where people provide their information and book an appointment via calendly. Calendly also allows you to sync your calendar and availability. There are reminders also sent for the appointments that are booked.

Cons

I haven't faced any problems till date and have been using this tool for almost 2 years now.

Christina
  • Industry: Accounting Software

The Perfect Scheduler for Busy Business Owners

Reviewed on 2022-09-21

Having a paid Calendly subscription has helped me to save time, and keep things more organized. It has saved so much time because I no longer have to type out lists of available times and dates only to have them already filled up by the time the client replies back. It gives my clients current real-time availability when they are ready to book. I also love that it allows me to build in my own desired reminder workflows and "thank you" follow-ups on events of my choosing. One of the other features that I value more than anything is by using the Chrome Calendly extension feature, I am able to pull "one-time use" scheduling links. This makes it so that once a client books from that link, it can not be used again. It has really helped me place boundaries on clients so they can't just schedule meetings with our Accounting Firm over and over again. We offer different levels of service, and if clients want more access to us we provide that but it comes with a different price point for their services. I did research other schedulers, and not many offer one time use link features.

Pros

I think once you get acclimated with Calendly it is very easy to use. They make it so that you can manage your availability with easy, "mass apply" settings to different appointment types. I also really appreciate that you can have many different types of appointment types, we do different types of meetings and so we can set individual parameters with specific types of appointments. I think it is also valuable to be able to have both public and "hidden" appointments for your individual needs.

Cons

I do feel they could develop more direct app integrations, rather than making apps go through a Zapier integration. I personally don't love using Zapier, but I do appreciate being able to integrate the software with things I commonly use.

Acuity Scheduling

Reasons for Switching to Calendly

My deciding factor was completely because Acuity doesn't allow for one-time use links, at least at the time I researched it.
Christy

• Customer Support Software

I was very displeased with this software and switched to Acuity

Reviewed on 2022-08-17

Not good, it was a terrible experience and I have been in contact with many others who have had the same or similar experiences.

Pros

While it did allow people to book their own appointments, the program kept resetting my available times to wide open!! Even after I upgraded from the free version to the paid version. This came highly recommended but i was not happy and I know of many other this was happening to as well.

Cons

My template of times I was available kept disappearing and being reset to wide open availability if i did't constantly keep an eye on the availability I ran the risk of someone being able to schedule during a time that I was not available. I had to reschedule people on a regular basis. This was embarrassing and unprofessional

Kim
  • Industry: Law Practice

• Customer Support Software

Superb calendar management and scheduling.

Reviewed on 2022-07-21

I was pleasantly surprised by Calendlys performance.
My job has multiple functions, one of which is scheduling for my team and our attorneys. This is often a tedious and daunting task, however Calendly has streamlined the process.
There are drawbacks such as the lack of customer service accessibility and some inconveniences in the way the software is set up.
When analyzing both the pros and cons, it's evident that the pros drastically outweigh the cons.

Pros

If you have a complex schedule or need to manage a complex schedule for someone else, Calendly will be an exceptional asset. The ease of use is wonderful, as is the setup process.
It is optimized for online scheduling however it's suited for in person scheduling as well.
Rescheduling is dramatically easier with Calendly.
Features a client portal, reminders, automated scheduling, team or group calenders, notifications and alerts in real time, and convenient mobile access plus payment processing via third party integrations.

Cons

The one thing that really hinders me are the meeting location options and how they're set up. In person and phone/ video can't be included in the same meeting type.
The only other con I've experienced thus far is the customer service and the lack of ease in contacting an actual customer service representative vs the incompetent chat bot.

TimeTap and Zoho Meeting

Reasons for Choosing Calendly

The previous product was not suitable for our needs and didn't meet our expectations for overall quality.

SimplyBook.me

Reasons for Switching to Calendly

Calendly was highly recommended by other businesses in our industry.

Calendly is great.

Reviewed on 2022-09-22

I have used other meet scheduling tools but Calendly stands out of the rest with its easy of use and always functioning as intended.

Pros

I really like how easy is to set up and use Calendly. It does not require any prior knowledge and the UI is very clear and straight forward. After signing up there is a great onboarding process, setting up a Calendly meeting schedule is very easy for both us as a company and also when our customers need to book a meeting with us.

Cons

I can not think of anything I dislike about Calendly.

Marie Jeanne

• Customer Support Software

Calendly best online appointment scheduling tool.

Reviewed on 2022-08-03

Calendly allowed me to better adjust my appointments, my availability in real time and my events are better managed.

Pros

What I liked the most is its synchronization function with my Google calendar and the fact that it reminds me of my movements all the time.

Cons

What I liked least is its interface which is not perfectly translated.

Microsoft Bookings

Reasons for Switching to Calendly

I chose calendly because it is the best in terms of planning my business.
Brittany

User friendly and inexpensive

Reviewed on 2022-09-11

Easy to use, inexpensive, integrates with virtually anything and is real-time.

Pros

The price- calendar allows one calendar scheduler under the free account, and unlimited calendars for only $8 per month. Beats a lot of schedulers out there!

Cons

Reminders are offered but limited in customization

Pipedrive

Reasons for Switching to Calendly

Pipedrive works well for companies/teams that need a larger platform and CRM. Calendar is not a crm- so you can use it no matter how small the business, for a very little price.
Richard

• Customer Support Software

Does exactly what it says and does it well

Reviewed on 2022-09-22

Pros

I really enjoy the ease of use of the software. You can have an online booking link set up in a matter of a few clicks and a couple minutes of time.

Cons

I do not have any dislikes at this time. The software does exactly what it needs to do and it does it really well.

Whitney
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

great tool for scheduling

Reviewed on 2022-08-04

We engage a LOT of different people, and this tool enables scheduling with all of them too take place easily. After initial set-up, it's simply a matter of sharing the link and waiting for people to take initiative to schedule. It's particularly helpful in hiring scenarios, as multiple candidates can be easily scheduled back to back.

Pros

I like the ease of use when it comes to sharing your availability with multiple people. The same link may be sent to dozens or even hundreds of people, who may each then schedule calls/meetings independently. Calendly sends confirmations and reminders automatically

Cons

Nothing - it's very easy to use and serves its purpose well.

Aqeel

• Customer Support Software

Best Appointment Scheduling App.

Reviewed on 2022-09-09

Pros

My prospects could directly book meetings and an online meeting link is also sent to them automatically.

Cons

Nothing as such but annual pricing is bit expensive.

Sasania
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Great Scheduling Software

Reviewed on 2022-09-29

My overall experience has been really great. Calendly saves me time and keeps me organized and as a person who cannot function properly if everything isn't in order, that is really all I can ask for.

Pros

The feature I enjoy on Calendly the most is the calendar sync feature. As a recruiter who has multiple back to back interviews scheduled daily, this helps me to easily keep track of everything as I can simply take a peek on MS Outlook to see if my current appointment is canceled. This makes it so much easier because sometimes I get so busy that I don't even have time to go back to the Calendly webpage to reload to see if anyone cancelled. I find Calendly to be very user friendly as well, it is so very easy to send a link to candidates for them to schedule their own interviews as opposed to calling them individually to get them scheduled, so this helps to save a lot of time! They can simply choose the most convenient time for them and can easily reschedule should something arise, without having to go through you as the recruiter. In addition, I find that candidates do appreciate the built in reminder feature because sometimes they do forget about their interviews and a simple automated email or text message reminder does wonders so they aren't caught offguard when called for the session. I mostly use the "Scheduled events" section on a day-to-day basis, and an added sub-section I really like is 'Past' which shows every single scheduled event you had since your first scheduled appointment- so you can't lose track of your schedule history. I also like that everything is recorded, from the date the interview was scheduled, to when it was rescheduled or cancelled.

Cons

Based on what I do access Calendly for, I really do not have any cons. All the background configurations are basically pre-organized by the company I work for, so I haven't had the chance to experience any cons. Thankfully!

Russell
  • Industry: Accounting Software

A user friendly, convenient tool.

Reviewed on 2022-05-19

Overall the experience has been positive. I have not really had any issues with the service.

Pros

Scheduling appointments with clients and prospects is much easier without the need to email potential meeting times/places/methods back and forth.

I like that clients can choose whether to call or use one of several video conferencing methods (ie Zoom or Google Meet or MS Teams), all within a single appointment type. Other products I have used do not have this option and require that multiple appointment types be created to allow clients to choose this.

Calendly is ubiquitous enough that many third party vendors integrate with them. It also works well with Zapier for those vendors that do not directly integrate.

Cons

I would prefer not to pay a monthly subscription, but most of their competitors also charge a subscription fee and the ones that don't are less capable, so this is a necessary expense.

I wish it were possible to also choose an in-person meeting from the location options, rather than just between phone or video. I had to create a separate meeting type for in person meetings, leading to redundancy in the appointment listing.

Jonathan

Paid for itself 1000 times over

Reviewed on 2022-05-17

Calendly is like having a virtual assistant that costs me pennies per day, but helps me earn significantly more income because it allows me to skip wasting any time playing schedule tag with people.

Now that I've realized how amazing it is, the fact that I ever got caught up in playing "schedule tag" with people seems mind boggling. I book everything from client calls, sales calls, podcasting recordings and even just networking conversations with people.

Pros

Calendly is simple, clean, and a MASSIVE time saver. For what a few hours of a VA might cost, Calendly has paid for itself after the first few bookings.

It's very easy for the client to use as well, it's not cluttered like some other scheduling software programs are, and having an APP is solid gold.

I love being able to get real time notifications of appointments and cancellations and handle all of that from my phone when necessary.

The ability to customize availability and create multiple availability calendars for different events is another brilliant asset.

I can integrate with PayPal and take payments for appointment bookings, it's simply brilliant.

Cons

Workflows are a useful tool, but still feel a little bit clunky. I like that they are there, but setting them up could be a little bit smoother.

mind you, perhaps I'm comparing this to something like Zapier which is an incredible task management software.

ScheduleOnce and Acuity Scheduling

Reasons for Choosing Calendly

Simplicity and ease of use.

ScheduleOnce

Reasons for Switching to Calendly

Simplicity, ease of use and price. Also, I love that Calendly has an App, and has had one for a long time. It was one of the first booking software programs to offer this.
Maurice M

My Go-To for Scheduling

Reviewed on 2022-05-12

When I first selected calendly, I was using doodle, and someone recommended this as a better app to schedule meetings. I was surely in for a surprise. This app is efficient, customisable enough, and just does the job right.

Since starting, I now have an automatic response when someone mentions wanting to meet up - I identify the correct calendly link to send.

"The right link" actually means something here. I have a few appointment types:
- Zoom meeting
- In person meeting
- Paid consultation
- Recreational meetup

Sometimes, I meet an old friend, and it's so much easier to have them select a time and suggest it, but calendly automates it, because now I can set parameters and they can schedule that hang-out at a mutually convenient time.

It requires some discipline, because you will need to put your engagements onto the calendar (I've had double bookings because I didn't put my plans into my calendar before) but now I understand the benefit, it works perfectly.

Pros

My favourite part of calendly is the ability to set a variety of appointment types, and even include paid appointments which all integrate directly into my calendar

Cons

I'm not sure there is a con here. I wanted group scheduling for meetings, and now they have it - even though I haven't used it as yet.

Cushi

Looking for a way for your clients to book with you online? Look no further!

Reviewed on 2022-03-08

Calendly has given me the ability to let my clients book time with me in an easy, effective, efficient and streamlined way - I know I've said this over and over again, that' because it's true! In 2022, there's nothing better than trying an new product that works EXACTLY as it's advertised to work while also providing much more features than you thought were possible/knew you needed. Calendly has helped me to streamline my workflow through creating an easy booking process that requires almost no effort from me. Set it and forget it.

Pros

I love the simplicity of Calendly both on the front end and the back end. My clients can book through a Calendly link that takes them to a professional looking booking page where only my available times can be selected while my personal information (calendar appointments and such) is kept private. On the back end, it is easy to create various kinds of events and include in them features such as booking questions, FAQs and various other information and options.

Cons

I have yet to find anything about calendly that i don't like. One place they can improve is to allow clients to book recurring events without having to answer the scheduling questions for each booking.

Acuity Scheduling

Reasons for Choosing Calendly

I'm actually currently weighing the benefits of both in order to make a final decision. I was told to try Calendly as a part of a collaborative project that I'm participating in. I enjoy using both softwares, but Calendly seems to have more features and seems to be more intuitive and easy to use because of that. That said, I still love Koalendar.

Reasons for Switching to Calendly

Essentially the main reason is because the project I'm working on is not my own, that said, Calendly offers similar features to both, but in a more streamlined, easy to use way. Even though I use Wix as my website builder, I prefer calendly as my booking software.
angel
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

• Customer Support Software

IT changed my business right from the start

Reviewed on 2022-01-24

I have used calendly extensively. I do not know how I would handle appointment setting without it. I have used many other tools and no one compares. calendly is very easy to use. and very powerful at the same time. It is one of the software subscriptions that I make my annual investment on, every year. and they never stop bringing new functionality. Calendly is a great tool for professionals!!!1

Pros

The User Interface is really friendly, and that makes everything very easy to accomplish. Since the beginning, the power of calendly was very easy to use. I could do complicated scheduling setups without having to know all the ins and outs, screens, menus of calendly. I cannot say this of many software tools, to be honest.

Cons

What I still do no understand why it is not allowed to be done is that sometimes I want to allow to be booked although I have other calendar items scheduled. I should be allowed by calendly to purposefully allow double booking on my calendar, given a set of rules.

• Customer Support Software

If you’re not already using Calendly, start.

Reviewed on 2021-02-12

Overall adding Calendly has been a massive help in the efficiently and seamlesssness of our team to get meetings or calls scheduled super easily. It really is such a no-brainer type platform, I can only imagine how much time people who aren’t using it waste in everyday.

Pros

Calendly solves so many challenges, for me, my team, and even for our prospects and clients too. The back and forth of looking at calendars, sending days/times of availability, having time zones misinterpreted, the times sent have since been filled, etc etc etc are no more. This is a HUGE time and headache saver!! Not to mention, they’ve added so many incredible integrations that anytime our clients have semi customized needs around scheduling, Calendly is always the first place we check for a solution - and 9 times out of 10 it’s a perfect fit, for a fraction of the cost of custom developing something.

Cons

It’s so hard to put a finger on anything I would improve. Ive been using Calendly for years and didn’t realize how robust some of the integrations were and have become, so maybe some additional education around those would be super beneficial to users like me who didn’t even know how much more they were missing out on.

HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Switching to Calendly

Price, ease of use, robust integrations, simple clean UI, great customer support
Chris

• Customer Support Software

The perfect tool for solving the scheduling back and forth

Reviewed on 2020-02-21

I love it. I use it every day. I tell everyone I know to use it. It solves the biggest problem.

There are a few AI-powered exec assistant tools, but... why bother? That still forces the other person to do the multi-email "what times work?" "oh not for me, how about these" "okay, where do you want to meet" dance. This is a single email.

Pros

Calendly does exactly what you need it to do: it takes scheduling a meeting with someone down from a 6 or 7 email affair to a 1 or 0 email affair. This is transformative. I can simply send my lunch URL to someone and let THEM book a date that I can guarantee is up-to-the-minute accurate, ask the questions I want to ask (where should we eat?), and gather additional contact information, all without the risk of it getting lost in the shuffle.

I did 135 networking lunches last year, entirely powered by Calendly. It's brilliant, because it ends in the result we all need: a mutual calendar invite that we both agree works for us.

Add things like buffer times, clever event types, and linking up with my contacts with Zapier and man is this the easiest $8/mo I could ever spend.

Cons

Nothing. It's basically perfect.

I wish that, when using someone _else's_ Calendly to book, it'd look at my schedule and black out bad dates, but that's a nit to pick. I'd also like it to auto-advance to the next available window if there are no more dates on the initial screen.

Stefani
  • Industry: Human Resources

• Customer Support Software

Prepare to get time back!

Reviewed on 2019-10-02

I was able to get back likely a few hours a day and headaches while working as a recruiter. Now running my own company I am able to send this off to candidates and clients to book in time to speak with me.

Pros

I absolutely love this product and have been using it for over 3 years. I introduced it at my last corporate workplace and switched all recruiters over to using this product instead of calling and booking in candidates for interviews - we simply sent over a link and they plugged time into our calendars! The functionality and emails you can send to the people using your link are also super helpful.

Cons

They introduced a fee to pay, I always have stuck to the free version which has been great for me. I wish you were able to book in multiple time durations and not have it split up, also I wish that you could integrate it with more platforms such as Wordpress.

Boomerang for Gmail

Reasons for Switching to Calendly

Boomerang only offers so many free emails to be sent per month, causing you to switch over to the paid Boomerang. I did not find this useful as Calendly allows for it to be free no matter how many emails you're sending just as long as you are using one time frame.
Caleb

• Customer Support Software

Powerful scheduling functions for sales team demos

Reviewed on 2018-11-15

If you schedule live events with clients on a regular basis, Calendly provides a clean interface to easily show others your available time slots and allow them to schedule an event. This has proved invaluable for our sales team to do live demos with prospects and not get too many scheduled at once. It also has allowed us to not schedule demos back to back without buffer time in between. That's huge!

Pros

TheThe best thing about Calendly is the ability to set schedules for specific event types! You can set blackout dates, available times, control meeting lengths, automatically add buffer time, limit the number of events scheduled for a single day, and more. This is perfect for setting up live events or meetings on an ongoing basis, but giving yourself enough heads up and flexibility to be in control. You basically give prospective customer the freedom to choose a date and time--but ensure that it fits in your schedule, too. Use this to schedule live demos with clients, training events, or even webinars. It's a great tool, especially for small sales teams that need a controlled flow of sales calls/demos.

Cons

Calendly is restrictive in analytics; for instance, I can't easily see how many people clicked to schedule an event, but didn't follow through. It's also difficult from a user interface standpoint. I find myself looking for settings and menus that are hidden within the slick, clean interface. On the scheduling side, it's pretty easy for clients to schedule events, but you can't customize the date picker--and that's really unfortunate, because I'd like to use it in more places but can't customize the look and feel or functionality.

Todd

• Customer Support Software

Removes the need to ask 'When is good to meet?' in a remote company

Reviewed on 2016-10-03

We've been using Calendly for a little over 6 months at my company. This app makes finding times to meet with colleagues an absolute breeze. Working at a remote company with 90+ people, and specifically on a team of about 20, searching for available time slots in Google Calendar can be VERY time-consuming and challenging. With Calendly you are instantly shown the times available for the person you'd like to meet with. You can choose a time, and instantly add it to your Google Calendar. It sends them a reminder to their calendar as well.

Pros

Scheduling meetings is easy, and I don't ever have to rely on coordinating crazy google calendars with people. If you are setting it up for yourself to have people schedule meetings with you, it's easy to block out times that you are available or unavailable. It's also really great if you work with teams across different time zones as it takes your timezone into account when scheduling times with person/or vice versa, overall it's just one less thing to worry about.

Another super handy feature is the ability to request certain information from the person booking time with you. This makes it easy to request an agenda about the meeting or to perhaps ask a series of questions for recurring meetings with people.

Cons

The only problem I've had is mostly user error. As the one requesting a meeting, I wish there was an easier way to add calendar events to your calendar. I have on a few occasions forgot to add the scheduled time to my calendar (the option is there, I've just missed it a few times) would be awesome if it was automagically added some way to your Google Cal. :)

David

Fast, easy client scheduling

Reviewed on 2018-01-09

Almost too numerous to list. I even use it to schedule meetings with producers about projects, not just my counseling clients. Custom links, buffering and limit to events per day. Its awesome!

Pros

Is it so easy for my occasional clients to set up video conference calls or one-on-one counseling calls, or group meetings with my company and our various producers spread between Tx and Ca.

One link, and it sends the appointment to my email AND Google calendar, and has a feature that allows the client to reschedule if needed. Another huge plus is the buffering. I can allow for meetings and calls that run extra long. This is very flexible and I can change it on a daily basis.

Set up is fast and easy, you can have multiple events that can be scheduled.

And that's the free account. If you upgrade, you can integrate with many apps and even book paid appointments through the system (Stripe only, tho).

Cloud based, so you don't have to download (yet another) android app. That's a big plus for me, as I do 95% of my work in a browser on a PC.

I have yet to need to contact their customer support, so I gave then 5 stars there, as I find it easy to use.

Cost to use is quite low, compared to other scheduling websites.

Cons

One big issue I have is, I use Opera as my main browser and it dislikes Google. So to use Calendy you need to use Chrome or Firefox to set things up and access all the features.

This is more of a Google issue, not Calendy.

In the paid appointment extra, they only take "Stripe" - if they ever add Square then it'll be well rounded out.

Payment for the level you want is on an annual basis, not month-to-month, so I consider that a negative.

Lawrent

• Customer Support Software

I'm in control of my appointment with Calendly

Reviewed on 2022-05-13

It allows me to keep in control of my appointment and saved us a lot of time.

Pros

I like how Calendly integrates to icloud. Its simple interface and easy-to-create events features makes it a must-have app for all your appointments (also great for paid consultation/lessons as you can collect money from the app (paid version only)).

It is easy to create an event type (one-on-one or group), and there lots of options available : event duration date range, even time zone.

I like how easy it is to apply an appointment to dates / intervals / specific recurring days and how you can implement buffers (before and after events)

You can ask invitees questions before the appointment, which is nice to have, since it allows you to save time once your client is online.

I immensely appreciate how Calendly offers all types of notification options (email reminders, follow-up and text reminders.)

When creating an event, you can choose what type of location you want (in-person, phone call, google meet, zoom.) You don't have to get in touch with your invitee to tell them how you want to meet them.

You can add Calendly to your website (even the free version) through a small widget, which makes it easy for your clients to get in touch.

Cons

Most integrations are only available on paid plans, and the free version is very limited but the company also needs to make money, so that's very understandable.

Sarah

• Customer Support Software

Extremely productive, thanks to the excellent synchronizations

Reviewed on 2022-05-30

Calendly served its purpose well. A few years ago, I started using it again. However, the product didn't actually change during that time. The market was flooded with new items that performed the same functions, but at a lower cost and with superior features. It's a bit of a one-trick ponies in that regard.

Pros

It's a breeze to ensure that my clients can easily plan appointments with me. Calendly is how I schedule all of my interviews and appointments. It eliminates the guessing and the need for further communication, making everything simple and straightforward.

Cons

The program wasn't constantly updated by developers. It hasn't changed all that much throughout the years. In addition, the system's handling of meeting kinds was somewhat cumbersome.

Rosie
  • Industry: Design

Great scheduling software

Reviewed on 2022-04-08

So far I have enjoyed using Calendly as a booking platform. It is easier to use in my view compared to some of the other platforms I have tested. The ability to integrate it with my clients websites was also very helpful. Recent integration with zoom even on the free platform has been very to some of my clients who were not quite ready for paid versions of the platform.

Pros

I like that the free version is pretty robust. You can calendar sync and ask pre-qualifying questions so you are better prepared for clients at the meetings. I also like that even on the free version you can connect to zoom and schedule the meeting for either Zoom or or a phone call. With the paid version of Calendly you can also collect payment in advance to avoid no call no show appointments.

Cons

It would be nice to have more than one event type available for free. I also don't like that the first tier paid version does not allow for payment or notification. Probably not a major thing to everyone but they don't have an affiliate program which sucks for those of us who are regularly recommending products that we use to our clients.

Setmore

Reasons for Switching to Calendly

The ease of use and the style. The price for the paid version was also well within a reasonable budget. Integration with WordPress was definitely a plus.