1,451 reviews

Calendly

Meeting and appointment scheduling software

4.6 /5 (1451 reviews) Write a Review!

1,451 reviews

• Customer Support Software

If you’re not already using Calendly, start.

Reviewed on 2021-02-12

Overall adding Calendly has been a massive help in the efficiently and seamlesssness of our team to get meetings or calls scheduled super easily. It really is such a no-brainer type platform, I can only imagine how much time people who aren’t using it waste in everyday.

Pros

Calendly solves so many challenges, for me, my team, and even for our prospects and clients too. The back and forth of looking at calendars, sending days/times of availability, having time zones misinterpreted, the times sent have since been filled, etc etc etc are no more. This is a HUGE time and headache saver!! Not to mention, they’ve added so many incredible integrations that anytime our clients have semi customized needs around scheduling, Calendly is always the first place we check for a solution - and 9 times out of 10 it’s a perfect fit, for a fraction of the cost of custom developing something.

Cons

It’s so hard to put a finger on anything I would improve. Ive been using Calendly for years and didn’t realize how robust some of the integrations were and have become, so maybe some additional education around those would be super beneficial to users like me who didn’t even know how much more they were missing out on.

Sam Z.

The Difference between Important and Urgent

Reviewed on 2020-07-09

My experience is extremely positive. Having a tool to help schedule meetings allows me to prioritize important, urgent, and non essential meetings. Ultimately it allows me to work smarter and get more things done while reducing my stress. This is one of my favorite tools to use and to share with others.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use Calendly to schedule meeting times. It's easy if someone is familiar or it's the first time they're using it to pick a meeting time.

Cons

Not a true con but food for thought. I would have to explain Calendly the first time someone selected a meeting time. I found myself doing this so frequently I recorded my own how to video. I suggest making a dead simple video power users could share out with new users.

Ron elius S.

One of the most flexible Scheduling Software in the market

Reviewed on 2018-07-31

I love the simple UI and UX of this Software.

Pros

I really love how flexible Calendly has to offer, if you need a one-on-one Schedule, Calendly can give you that.
If you have a Team and you need them to schedule a meeting with your Prospects, Calendly has your Team.
If you need one member of your Team to schedule a separate meeting with your other member, Calendly will help you do that.
The integrations are also great, you can integrate Calendly with other meeting software like Zoom for a discovery call, GoToMeeting for Webinars, or even monetize discovery calls with their integration for PayPal or Stripe. Calendly will have those integrated easily.
I cannot stress enough how Calendly can customize your experience if you love certain Branding to be removed or to add, Calendly can do it for you.
There's so much to say but one thing stood out for me, the Timezone is already integrated with the Timezone of your Prospects, meaning, no more late, no-show meetings.

Cons

As much as I love Calendly, there are certain features that I don't like, well, every Software isn't perfect and we do have different take and opinion.
The Availability function to your Calendar, this is for me is confusing, you need to highlight first the day you want to be available until the date of your availability. I just wish Calendly can have a feature where you can just input a certain Date up until your Availability, more like a drop-down menu.
But that's just me, I still love how easy to use this software.

• Industry: Accounting Software

Schedule It

Reviewed on 2020-01-07

I am able to keep up with my appointments and my clients are able to schedule an appointment at any given time.

Pros

That my clients can see when I am available and choose a time that works for their schedule as well.

Cons

if I could have a feature where the client can pay at the time of the appointment or give them capability to put a deposit down and if the appointment is kept it is automatically refunded.

• Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Say goodbye to scheduling issues!

Reviewed on 2019-01-23

Its fantastic! It is one of those tools where once you start using it you will think "How did I used to get by without it". And since you can use it for free, I can highly recommend that you at least give it a shot.

Pros

It is a phenomenally good scheduling tool. If you have worked in a large team or an office before you know how much of a nightmare trying to schedule meetings can be. Sending back and forth emails just find a common time slot can take up a significant amount of time. God forbid you have to do it multiple times a day.

Calendly is a really elegant solution to this problem. Just set up your availability inside the tool and then you can send people a link using which they can see when you are available and book a time slot with you. And the best part is that it syncs and integrates beautifully with your Outlook calendar. Just download their desktop utility and it automatically hooks into your outlook to ensure there are no conflicts of time slots.

It lets you automate a significant chunk of your time that you would spend trying to set up meetings.

It is such a good tool that I dont think I can ever go back to doing things the old way.

Cons

The initial set up can be a little confusing. Their web interface is a little clunky. Also I would like to see more integration options. I havent had a chance to use their API though, perhaps that solves the integration problem.

• Industry: Design

Set It and Forget It!

Reviewed on 2019-02-08

We've been able to shave off hours and even days of wasted time trying to set up phone calls. With Calendly, a client can easily see availability and select whichever time works best for them. You can also set parameters so that you only get call requests when you want them. This platform is a no brainer for anyone who works with clients or prospects!

Pros

Calendly really is a set it and forget it product! It takes no time at all to set up an account and get started. It's so easy for our team to use, and it's effortless for our clients as well. You don't even have to think about it once it's set up, because it works so seamlessly. With a click of a button, a client or prospect can book a meeting without the hassle of a back-and-forth "what time works best for you?" conversation. We've saved so much wasted time and headache implementing this product!

Cons

There are really no cons. It's affordable, easy to set up and implement, painless to use, and our clients love it!

Sony P.

• Customer Support Software

One of best scheduling software

Reviewed on 2021-01-06

I Love it! Love it. Best thing I ever used for the scheduling

Pros

All our company uses this for our customer calls and we love this and very easy to use. And User friendly... and you can send a single time link so that customers are not rescheduling constantly....

Cons

The only thing that I least like is as admin you can't make changes to any user information or any information

David B.

A must-have product

Reviewed on 2021-01-06

I save so much time allowing others to schedule meetings on their terms and pick how they do so (eg Zoom vs. Google vs. phone).

Pros

I love this product -- one of the handful I am so happy to pay for. It saves me so much time scheduling meetings, and I love the customization and automation.

Cons

There's a bit of a learning curve to get to understand the key features; they could do more to educate their current users.

• Customer Support Software

I couldn't run my business without Calendly. Seriously.

Reviewed on 2018-06-14

Pros

Setting appointments is quite possibly one of the most tedious and time consuming parts of anyone's day. With Calendly (I pay for a premium plan) I can set as many custom appointment types as a I need and just pass out links to the people I need to meet with. Scheduling an interview with a potential hire? Here's a link. Brainstorming with a partner on a new project? Here's another link. Want to meet for coffee in person on Thursday? Sure. Pick a time using this link. It's essential and saves all the needless back and forth and wasted time of trying to manually find a mutually convenient time.

Cons

Calendly does not have an option to auto-redirect the person booking an appointment to another page. That means you can't accurately track conversions when running a campaign where the goal is a booked appointment. Considering that a page redirect is one of the simplest javascript functions to implement there's no excuse for not having provided this functionality to their users, when its nearly a default for any of their competitors. The only reason I keep using them vs. another tool is because they have the best UI, which I feel reflects well on me when sending a link to a booking out to someone.

Derek I.

• Customer Support Software

The industry standard for appointment scheduling!

Reviewed on 2018-11-02

Pros

Email scheduling (back and forth) is a waste of everyone's time. With Calendly, I am able to say, "please let me serve you by giving access to my live calendar and we can prevent the usual back and forth that transpires with email scheduling). I also like the reminder features (email and texting) and the onboarding class (best practices) really helped me to set and forget with minor update and changes. I started with free, went to premium, and today upgraded to Professional. It has definetly given me my time back and brought a level of professional automation that compliments my business model.

Cons

There is no affiliate or referral program. Because folks love my scheduling system, I have referred a bunch of folks this past year and it would have been a nice customer/affiliate touch if there was discounts or referral savings off a subscription. I have written to them about it and the suggestion was shelved. I would be more intentional about referring if there was incentives.

Nadia B.

Calendly offers flexible scheduling

Reviewed on 2020-08-06

Calendly has offered me an easy way to let clients schedule, cancel and reschedule events. This saves me a lot of time and allows me to more easily manage my own calendar. I am able to schedule time off and know that I won't accidentally have clients booked during that time. Calendly also looks nice visually.

Pros

Calendly offers me a integrated calendar solution that allows clients to book multiple types of events. The client receives email confirmation and can also add the event to their calendar. Calendly is easy to use and able to work with a lot of other tools. I have it integrated with a Squarespace website, which has offered a very easy solution to the scheduling issues I previously encountered.

Cons

I find it a bit challenging to create new events. Overall, it's easy but you have to get used to the various functions Calendly offers and make sure you have set all of the parameters correctly. If you use it regularly, it becomes easy to manipulate.

Seems to be the only company doing it right

Reviewed on 2018-12-13

Pros

I've been looking for alternatives for a long time, not because I'm disappointed, but because competition is inevitable. But it seems anyone in this space just isn't as good. Not only does Calendly offer the best free option for individuals who just need a quick way to give their customers and contacts the ability to easily book a meeting with them, but the premium offering is the best out there. For teams, you can create shared calendars, shared appointment types, co-operative appointments, and even round-robin for sales teams and customer service teams. Simply the best tool out there.

Cons

There's not much to dislike. I think their marketing site is short selling the potential of the product, and upon initial visit, it's a little unclear all of what you can do with the product. It's great that they have free basic accounts, but it would be better if you could really test or demo the premium stuff.

Laurene H.

Highly convenient scheduling software

Reviewed on 2020-12-09

Overall, Calendly allows you to do so much in its free version, it is impressive and suitable to my needs.

Pros

I use Calendly to interview people from across the globe for work.
- The thing I like the most about Calendly is that I have to schedule different interview time with people from different time zones. Calendly will show the invitee the time in their time zone, and I will see my time zone on my side. There is no more confusion.
- Once the invitee books a time slot, we both receive a confirmation email, including our respective time zone confirmation.
- You can customize your meeting invitation with questions, and multiple answers option, or not.
- You can change your own time intervals each day, and customize your own schedule in infinite ways. It's very easy.
- If an invite changes an information on their invitation (or cancel), you both get an email to let you know.
- The interface is pretty minimalist and to the point. I love it!
- I can do all that with the free version of Calendly, and I am very impressed!

Cons

- The free version allows you to have only 1 event type (but I don't blame them!).
- The page to customize your event type and create your schedule can feel quite overwhelming, and some functions and options are not that clearly explained, which can make your experience of creating an event type a little daunting.

Helena B.

• Customer Support Software

Best app to organize and book your clients for small business

Reviewed on 2021-03-26

I would describe as a cost-effective small business type option to book your clients

Pros

I love that is very cost-effective even the free version gets you far. really great for a start-up business, (for example coaches) ..

Cons

I would appreciate maybe being a little bit more versatile and customizable.

• Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Calendly

Reviewed on 2020-01-10

Overall experience has been great and even our clients find it easy to use.

Pros

Sync's with google calendar very easily, create multiple schedule labels, personalize each appointment type with descriptions and available hours and days of the week. Automatically blocks hours that have already been filled. Also have the option to collect payment through the app. Very friendly app that can be customized according to your business or personal needs.

Cons

The only thing I did not care for was the options for payment collection. So we do not use that as neither of the options given are ones we would use with our business. And also it does not sync with all our calendars accurately, being we operate off more then one account, our assistant has to be added to all our meetings just for that time to be marked off as busy.

Scott D.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Scheduling made easy

Reviewed on 2020-12-05

Overall, Calendly has helped tremendously with scheduling interviews during the hiring process at my company. I never have to go back-and-forth offering dates to applicants. I simply send them a link to which they can see availability for the interview which then enables them to check with their schedule to see what will work. This is simplified my workflow immensely.

Pros

What I liked most about Callendly is how I can simply present my availability to those with whom I am trying to schedule either a one on one meeting, a phone interview, etc, knowing full well that I will not double booked myself. It is also great that I can sync up with my Google calendar.

Cons

What I like the least about Calendly is that it is not easy to speak with someone directly at Calendly if I have a question. I always appreciate the ability to troubleshoot with a knowledgeable customer success rep.

Faigie dina G.

Simple & Easy. Get Calls Booked in your Calendar!

Reviewed on 2021-02-11

Calendly makes client/prospect phone scheduling SO EASY. Calendly has really taken away a "Pain" that existed in terms of scheduling and synchronizing availability. It's a super easy & extremely useful tool. I highly recommend it to anyone needing to book appointments/calls, enabling your client to conveniently book a time in your calendar.

Pros

1. Calendly enables me to include a calendar link in outgoing emails & client communications.
2. I love that I can include a link to my calendar/availability even into my email signature.
3. I can manage my calendar's windows of availability so that my clients and prospects can easily select a time for us to speak.
4. Enabling clients to conveniently book a time in your calendar.
5. Calendly makes booking & scheduling SO EASY TO MANAGE!!

Cons

I use it simply for booking client calls and not as much for the additional features. Their integrations used to be quite limited, but I hear they have been developing stronger integration features this year, so maybe it's time for me to utilize Calendly more in 2021!

• Customer Support Software

Amazing scheduling tool but missing one critical feature

Reviewed on 2019-12-27

I loved it when I only had one calendar to sync with. Takes the back & forth out of scheduling and allows for collection of all the baseline information that can then be fed into the invite.

Pros

I'm a big fan of the name (it's obvious what platform is used for from an outside perspective for people scheduling), and having the ability to set up multiple meeting types and teams is great.

Cons

The one critical thing that has been missing over the years and the sole reason that I switched tools, you're unable to sync multiple calendars (to prevent double bookings across a few different calendars). There is a work around, but its a little complicated and not always reliable.

Dana L.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

I LOVE CALENDLY

Reviewed on 2021-03-06

Calendly is user friendly and allows people to schedule/reschedule without having us go back and forth a million times to find a convenient time.

Pros

Calendly allows my team to schedule phone screenings and interviews with ease It also has a reminder feature that automatically reminds the potential staff member of their upcoming interview. It is easily customizable and integrates with Google Calendar.

Cons

The only change I would make is in regards to the text messaging feature. If someone answers the text message (i.e. saying they can't make the interview), the message goes to no-mans-land and you never receive a notification.

Anh tuan H.

Makes my time easier

Reviewed on 2019-12-11

The app gives my customers flexibility to choose their own time, and I don't have to work any harder to provide a better service to my customers.

Pros

I liked how the visual representation of time, and how I can block it off so when it came to presenting it to potential clients it's very straightforward.

Cons

There isn't much bad to say about the software, maybe making it easier to integrate with other apps to provide a more seamless UX?

Steve S.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Book your clients now

Reviewed on 2021-03-23

Increased my ability to book more calls. I really do enjoy it and love being able to copy and paste different calendars for different reasons. One for my podcasting, one for personal in-person coffee meeting, one for virtual coffee meetings. So many options.

Pros

It is so easy to program your calendars and be clear what you want to know from them. I simply send them the link and they fill in the required information and when they call I have the information I need.

Cons

It took a little while to learn what to put in. Not clear enough training to be specifics and I still don't think I know how to set my hours without doing one week at a time.

Josh D.

Awesome & easy to use calendar scheduling app

Reviewed on 2018-12-31

Calendly was the first scheduling app that I used and it was a game changer. I loved not having to go back and forth with my clients trying to work out a time.

Pros

Calendly is simple and does the job it's made for. You can get up and running in no time and it will save you and your team time and money by getting calls booked quickly. They even have features that help to remind your clients of the upcoming calls with helps increase hold rates.

Cons

I wish there were better features for teams. They have the basics but advanced team features would be great. I spend a lot of time managing the same meetings that included myself and a rep. They also lack some advanced features that we have found on other applications such as allowing leads to scheduling right from your website quickly and easily.

Perfect scheduling tool!

Reviewed on 2019-12-30

I use Calendly pretty much every week to schedule appointments and booking online demonstrations with my clients and since it can be integrated with Google Calendar, it saves me so much time and keeps my meetings in order.

Pros

I like how Calendly made the appointment scheduling process smooth and save us lots of time. It was pretty straightforward UI and easy to access features which can be triggered easily. In addition to easy setup, I like the reminder features and the email templates. Calendly also can integrate with Google Calendar which makes it my number for scheduling automation.

Cons

The free version is heavily limited but other than I don't see any other cons to this program. I am glad that they added a very powerful iOS app to the software which fixed one of the disadvantages of the software.

Aram Z.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Calendly for workflow

Reviewed on 2020-10-08

It's been great. One hidden gem has been in our hiring process. We use this to streamline and automate many key steps in the pipeline. It's reduced our HR costs and allowed for really flexible scheduling by production and ops team members.

Pros

1. Eliminates the back and forth of scheduling calls and meetings
2. Reduces or eliminates the need for someone to manage schedules
3. Easily coordinates all team members to cross ref time slots

Cons

Hard to think of things that I don't like about this tool. I think for some people on the team, they struggle to use the tool due to complexity, but I find this an issue with most tools.

• Customer Support Software

So simple, people can book me without back and fort conversation about timing

Reviewed on 2018-07-11

Pros

It is simple to setup and even simpler to use. This piece of software allows you to schedule your days really easy. And it also allows you to share it with external people so they can book time with you. You can create different types of events like 10 min, 15 mins and 30 mins meetings. The software will show the available spots when the person selects one of the meeting types.

Cons

One thing I dislike is that it does create the event as if I created it, so the user can not cancel it. Sometimes the other person cancels the event but the event still appears us available in my calendar.