Calendly

Customer Support Software
4.4/5

Cushi
Cushi

Looking for a way for your clients to book with you online? Look no further!

Reviewed on 2022-03-08

Calendly has given me the ability to let my clients book time with me in an easy, effective, efficient and streamlined way - I know I've said this over and over again, that' because it's true! In 2022, there's nothing better than trying an new product that works EXACTLY as it's advertised to work while also providing much more features than you thought were possible/knew you needed. Calendly has helped me to streamline my workflow through creating an easy booking process that requires almost no effort from me. Set it and forget it.

Pros

I love the simplicity of Calendly both on the front end and the back end. My clients can book through a Calendly link that takes them to a professional looking booking page where only my available times can be selected while my personal information (calendar appointments and such) is kept private. On the back end, it is easy to create various kinds of events and include in them features such as booking questions, FAQs and various other information and options.

Cons

I have yet to find anything about calendly that i don't like. One place they can improve is to allow clients to book recurring events without having to answer the scheduling questions for each booking.

Acuity Scheduling

Reasons for Choosing Calendly

I'm actually currently weighing the benefits of both in order to make a final decision. I was told to try Calendly as a part of a collaborative project that I'm participating in. I enjoy using both softwares, but Calendly seems to have more features and seems to be more intuitive and easy to use because of that. That said, I still love Koalendar.

Reasons for Switching to Calendly

Essentially the main reason is because the project I'm working on is not my own, that said, Calendly offers similar features to both, but in a more streamlined, easy to use way. Even though I use Wix as my website builder, I prefer calendly as my booking software.
Cynthia
  • Industry: Financial Services Software
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

The Power of Streamlined Scheduling with Calendly

Reviewed on 2024-01-03

By removing the back-and-forth emails and time-zone hassles that frequently accompany meeting setup, Calendly has completely transformed our scheduling procedures.

Pros

One notable feature of Calendly is its automatic time zone conversion, which removes the confusion that comes with working with international teams. The user-friendly layout of Calendly makes scheduling simple for our team as well as outside partners.

Cons

Additional content and design customisation options for reminder emails would be helpful.

Sarah

• Customer Support Software

Missing key features, sneaky billing for empty seats

Reviewed on 2023-11-06

Awful. Lots of lost time and money. Now we need to start over with implementation of another system (likely SavvyCal), plus pay for both for at least a month or two for overlap during the transition.

Pros

It was our first foray into using meeting scheduler links. It was a time saver for scheduling client meetings, and it streamlined communication with clients. No more going back and forth to negotiate dates and times. It was better than Squarespace's built in Acuity forms (at least based on our experience with those in 2021), but that's not saying much.

Cons

There are dozens of other tools out there that provide this same functionality, and Calendly makes zero effort to come out on top. Deal breakers include 1. not being able to edit availability or any other settings for one-off meetings after you click the button (can't count how many times I had to start over from scratch); 2. not relaying the chosen event title to the calendar event; 3. forcing this dumb question "please share anything that will help us prepare" for one-off events, which creates extra work for our clients and makes them think we're not listening; 4. inability to set turnaround for one-off events (so client can book it 20 minutes before the start time); among other flaws. For as much time as it seemed like it was saving us in the beginning, I feel like we now waste at least as much wrestling with these flaws and remaking links.

But the final straw for us was that they bill for empty seats. For months, I've been deleting teammates who aren't using it, so we can save money. We pay month to month instead of annually, because we know we're going to switch to another platform. What's the point of paying monthly if you're billed anyway for seats you're not using? There was no warning, no message anywhere to prompt me to delete the empty seat in addition to deleting the user. There was no friendly automated email to say, "Hey you have empty seats - add someone to your team!" I get these kinds of emails from other platforms (platforms where we pay annually and therefore it actually makes sense that we'd end up with empty seats). Calendly knows exactly what they're doing. And "customer service" (lol) is not helpful.

Jonathan
Jonathan

• Customer Support Software

it is good but grown too expensive and not really become much better

Reviewed on 2023-11-12

There is nothing really I am likely to fault about it, it is a decent tool, and the biggest thing about it when working with it is it has reached a level that other people are familiar with and trust it. I would have no problem using it and great when you show up somewhere and they are already using tools you do not need to relearn. But in reality, this is a scheduling tool, not piloting a Boeing 737. I do not think it is that hard to turn away from it, and I think there are cheaper things that do the same or do more.

Pros

It is easy to use and does pretty much all the basic stuff you would want, and it does that well.

Cons

Really it is the pricing and the fact it really seems to just be focussed (maybe for good reason) on the basics and does not seem to do much more than just the basic booking process. Sure, for the most, that is all you want and there is no need to add additional complexity, but then I do feel a bit disappointed I am paying as if it should have more on offer.

imeetify

Reasons for Switching to Calendly

I use Calendly now mainly where a place I am working with requires me too, but for consulting practices, personal planning, etc. I largely use imeetify. It is cheaper and has more functionality, but has a worse interface. However, at the level Calendly has established itself, I do not see myself in a situation where I will be leaving Calendly behind just yet.
Jessica

Calendly Fan

Reviewed on 2023-12-26

Calendarly saved me a ton of time scheduling and saves my team a ton of back and forth with customers over email. I love that you can set your own schedule in addition to syncing with your calendar. I shutter to think how much time was wasted on scheduling before we started using it!

Pros

Calendly is a great tool for Support reps to use when asking customers to schedule calls. I have also used it to ask potential candidates to schedule their interview. The free version has everything that I have ever needed, but I understand some people might benefit from the premium offering.

Cons

I don't have any complaints about Calendly. At one point my premium subscription was cut back and I had to use the free version and I was delighted that I still had everything that I needed. I highly recommend this tool.

Lavanderia

Calendly - The Best For Business Scheduling Needs

Reviewed on 2024-01-29

Pros

First, I like the reminder features of Calendly
It makes online bookings easy and allows mobile booking
This software comes with great employee scheduling features and makes recruiting easy too.

Cons

It has served us religiously as a booking and scheduling solution.

Carlos
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Helps Eliminate No Shows

Reviewed on 2024-01-15

Have been using Calendly since 2015, just a few years after they started. I help clients implement multiple other calendar scheduling systems and could easily switch but so many other systems are lacking a few features.

Pros

Simple system to manage any business and even personal calendars

Cons

Doesn't have an easy way to force a last minute appt between existing appts, since all the buffers are preset and must be changed to try and add any appt even from your own admin account.

Dario

Calendly Frees Your Time By Booking Your Time

Reviewed on 2023-12-27

Overall, the best automated online booking service I've used. It's been around for a long time, it's trusted and good at what it does. I would recommend it.

Pros

The interface is very approachable and easy to use for those who will be booking your time, making it an effective way to divert them from a direct back and forth towards an automated, time saving process.

Cons

Nothing I can think of - what it does, it does well.

• Industry: Financial Services Software

Calendly made appointment scheduling easy

Reviewed on 2024-01-11

Overall satisfied with the product and how easy it is to book into anyone's calendar based on his schedule.

Pros

I like the fact that you don't have to talk to a person to know his availability to schedule a meeting. Calendly shows the availability from the person's calendar and can book a slot within a few seconds.

Cons

Sometimes the google calendar sync doesn't work well with Calendly and have experienced multiple bookings at the same time could cause issues.

Chris
Chris

• Customer Support Software

The perfect tool for solving the scheduling back and forth

Reviewed on 2020-02-21

I love it. I use it every day. I tell everyone I know to use it. It solves the biggest problem.

The...

There are a few AI-powered exec assistant tools, but... why bother? That still forces the other person to do the multi-email "what times work?" "oh not for me, how about these" "okay, where do you want to meet" dance. This is a single email.

Pros

Calendly does exactly what you need it to do: it takes scheduling a meeting with someone down from a 6 or 7 email affair to a 1 or 0 email affair. This is transformative. I can simply send my lunch URL to someone and let THEM book a date that I can guarantee is up-to-the-minute accurate, ask the questions I want to ask (where should we eat?), and gather additional contact information, all without the risk of it getting lost in the shuffle.

I did 135 networking lunches last year, entirely powered by Calendly. It's brilliant, because it ends in the result we all need: a mutual calendar invite that we both agree works for us.

Add things like buffer times, clever event types, and linking up with my contacts with Zapier and man is this the easiest $8/mo I could ever spend.

Cons

Nothing. It's basically perfect.

I wish that, when using someone _else's_ Calendly to book, it'd look at my schedule and black out bad dates, but that's a nit to pick. I'd also like it to auto-advance to the next available window if there are no more dates on the initial screen.

Maurice M
Maurice M

My Go-To for Scheduling

Reviewed on 2022-05-12

When I first selected calendly, I was using doodle, and someone recommended this as a better app to schedule meetings. I was surely in for a surprise. This app is efficient, customisable enough, and just does the job right.

Since starting, I now have an automatic response when someone mentions wanting to meet up - I identify the correct calendly link to send.

"The right link" actually means something here. I have a few appointment types:
- Zoom meeting
- In person meeting
- Paid consultation
- Recreational meetup

Sometimes, I meet an old friend, and it's so much easier to have them select a time and suggest it, but calendly automates it, because now I can set parameters and they can schedule that hang-out at a mutually convenient time.

It requires some discipline, because you will need to put your engagements onto the calendar (I've had double bookings because I didn't put my plans into my calendar before) but now I understand the benefit, it works perfectly.

Pros

My favourite part of calendly is the ability to set a variety of appointment types, and even include paid appointments which all integrate directly into my calendar

Cons

I'm not sure there is a con here. I wanted group scheduling for meetings, and now they have it - even though I haven't used it as yet.

Kim
  • Industry: Law Practice

• Customer Support Software

Superb calendar management and scheduling.

Reviewed on 2022-07-21

I was pleasantly surprised by Calendlys performance.
My job has multiple functions, one of which...

I was pleasantly surprised by Calendlys performance.
My job has multiple functions, one of which is scheduling for my team and our attorneys. This is often a tedious and daunting task, however Calendly has streamlined the process.
There are drawbacks such as the lack of customer service accessibility and some inconveniences in the way the software is set up.
When analyzing both the pros and cons, it's evident that the pros drastically outweigh the cons.

Pros

If you have a complex schedule or need to manage a complex schedule for someone else, Calendly will be an exceptional asset. The ease of use is wonderful, as is the setup process.
It is optimized for online scheduling however it's suited for in person scheduling as well.
Rescheduling is dramatically easier with Calendly.
Features a client portal, reminders, automated scheduling, team or group calenders, notifications and alerts in real time, and convenient mobile access plus payment processing via third party integrations.

Cons

The one thing that really hinders me are the meeting location options and how they're set up. In person and phone/ video can't be included in the same meeting type.
The only other con I've experienced thus far is the customer service and the lack of ease in contacting an actual customer service representative vs the incompetent chat bot.

TimeTap and Zoho Meeting

Reasons for Choosing Calendly

The previous product was not suitable for our needs and didn't meet our expectations for overall quality.

SimplyBook.me

Reasons for Switching to Calendly

Calendly was highly recommended by other businesses in our industry.
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Life is too short for back and forth on sync time

Reviewed on 2022-10-07

I am a huge fan of this software that I have encouraged my entire team to use it daily for internal and external syncs and it is amazing for sales meetings.

Pros

I love how easy it is to set up calendly and then just make the link public for my entire team and for external vendors etc and even pre decide the time I want to spend in each of the meetings.

Cons

I want to add a feature for someone trying to book a longer time slot to be able to pick two three slots at once.

Retool, Google Forms, Airmeet and Typeform

Reasons for Choosing Calendly

Calendly has features that beat each of the other tools I was using for meeting scheduling.

Meshach

Calendly Is A Great Business and Personal Productivity Tool

Reviewed on 2023-01-16

Calendly is a user-friendly scheduling tool that can make scheduling meetings and appointments with others much more efficient. It has really been a game-changer for us at LujaraLab. I get appointments at the time that are convenient for me. Our team also work as convenient because a client can only book based on our availability.

Pros

Calendly has a simple, user-friendly interface that makes it easy for people to schedule meetings with you.Calendly eliminates the need for back-and-forth emails and messages to schedule our meetings at LujaraLab. It automates the scheduling process, saves us time and reduces the chance of scheduling conflicts.The other fantastic thing for us is the advanced analytics and reporting that allows us to track our meeting scheduling activity and make data-driven decisions.We are also able to embed Calendly on our website and sales funnels.

Cons

Calendly does not have the capability to handle recurring events with different schedules for different weeks.There are lots of limitations that come with the free plan, such as a Limited number of integrations, Limited customization options, and Limited analytics and reporting options

appointlet, Acuity Scheduling and Book Like A Boss

Reasons for Choosing Calendly

We needed something flexible that could be embedded on various platforms.

Reasons for Switching to Calendly

Calendly's user experience happens to be the best for us. The learning curve is easy as no one needs special instruction to use it.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 2023-09-11

Overally, I love Calendly and would recommend it to anyone. The best part about Calendly is the ability to integrate, the fact that it's user-friendly, and the ability to automate everything. It's easy to manage and easy to customize. The only downside is that it is reasonably priced for one person, but it gets very expensive once you start adding additional users.

Pros

I honestly love Calendly! I used a lot of different calendar services, and none of them compare to Calendly. It's easy to set up, easy to integrate, easy to manage, etc. It's easy to embed into your website. It's easy to manage as a CRM for appointments. It's easy to set up the form and required questions. The workflow is my favorite! You're able to send automated emails and texts whenever someone schedules an appointment. It's great to integrate into whatever CRM you're already using (Google, Microsoft, etc.). It's easy to link to your virtual meeting provider and send the client the proper link (Zoom, etc.). I love that Calendly links to your calendar and adjusts availability based on your actual availability. For instance, if you have a doctor's appointment, it will automatically block off that time, and no one can set an appointment for that time. You have to set that part up, but it's wonderful to have. It's great that you can set an attendance limit and once it reaches that threshold - it will no longer include it as an availability. You can have different services to choose from and different time slots. Overall, really love Calendly.

Cons

There is a small learning curve to setting up Calendly if you're not familiar with calendar services. But it was still easy to use. It could be just slightly cheaper, but it saves so much time that it's worth paying for. It definitely gets more expensive the more people are on your team, but if it's only one person managing it, then it's very reasonably priced.

Brittany

• Customer Support Software

BEST scheduling software out there

Reviewed on 2022-10-17

Amazing product. I love all of Calendly's features. Just wish the price was more reasonable, but there are ways around that.

Pros

Calendly may lack a lot of features on the free version, but it still packs quite a punch. Easy to use, very user friendly, can check conflicts in multiple calendars, there is almost no downside to Calendly, other than price.

Cons

Software costs way more than it's worth. Instead, I make a free account for every interview type that I need to book. This helps me use all of the features without needing to pay exorbitant fees.
Their customer service is also pretty bad. They say on their website you can contact them for pricing if you are a non-profit, however they've ignored my every attempt to contact them, so don't count on that. Instead you should make a free account for every interview type, this way you get to use all the features without needing to pay.

Hlengiwe
Hlengiwe
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Best Scheduling Tool

Reviewed on 2023-05-09

An important aspect of my job as a Business Analyst is discussing and participating in my organization's business. Calendly is a great tool for streamlining my daily schedule without having to make multiple phone calls to schedule tedious and time-consuming meetings with stakeholders. Calendly puts my appointments into semi-automatic pilot mode. This simplifies the scheduling process and frees up valuable time to focus on more important tasks.

Pros

I am able to connect Calendly to various software resulting in a diverse range of applications. Appointment booking with a simple email. I love the user friendly interface, it is easy to use.

Cons

Having used Calendly for the past year, there honestly isn't anything I don't like about it. Their enhancements are super consistent and it has definitely served its purpose.

Rilwan
  • Industry: Entertainment

Best at what it does

Reviewed on 2022-10-21

Overall, calendly has become one of the top softwares the team uses weekly. We engage with a lot of creatives and this can be time consuming, something that is really vital as a startup. With Calendly, we can book appointment, get updates from clients and track booking all within the software, with ease.

Pros

My startups a media startup works with tens of creatives per month and getting the booking in place can be an hassle. With Calendly, we can keep track of appointment and the clients can always make an update on the time change if there are changes and the time slot is available. This reduces the time spent on calls, trying to sort out appointment. Overall, the ease the software gives to the team is great.

Cons

So far, the software has been perfect and offers everything we need. We have not had any issues so far with Calendly.

John

• Customer Support Software

Calendly, a simple but effective and easy to use scheduling solution

Reviewed on 2023-09-16

Excellent! After trying a number of other options, they were either too complex, clunky or unreliable and expensive. Calendly has a great balance of the average business owner's needs.

Pros

It's simple and clean for both user and schedulee's

Cons

I would like to see better TWO way integrations. One way integrations are working great but sometimes scheduling happens outside of calendly and it isn't picked up.

Guy
Guy

Simple scheduling and appointment confirmations

Reviewed on 2023-05-24

Since upgrading to the basic paid option, it nails appointment booking for my business, cutting out the back and forth on email/phone to try and schedule a meeting with a client/partner or podcast guest.

Pros

Setting up multiple appointment types, integration with Google Calendar & Zoom, embedding booking page into website, confirmations of appointments, straightforward system admin and low maintenance.

Cons

Nothing I can think of, to be honest, it does everything we need, and I can't fault it

Functionality & integrations

Functionality & integrations
Courtney

• Customer Support Software

Seamless Integration + So easy to use!

Reviewed on 2023-10-16

We have had a very positive experience. We are seamlessly able to request and schedule meetings with colleagues, departments and clients.

Pros

This is one of the most user friendly scheduling platforms I have used. Our integration and set up were very smooth and didn't have any hiccups. Each member of the team, both seasoned + green were able to quickly adapt to using this platform on a daily basis. I highly recommend it!

Cons

There are no hiccups or issues that we experienced with our use of Calendly so far.

Zoho Meeting and GoTo Meeting

Reasons for Choosing Calendly

We wanted something more comprehensive.

Google Meet

• Customer Support Software

An excellent product but with one HUGE GAPING HOLE for us.

Reviewed on 2023-10-06

It's great for clients to get themselves booked into our system. It's just terrible for making marketing decisions/plans with.

Pros

The ease of use for the user, the client, and administrator.

Cons

I mentioned this earlier, we NEED a report for the TOTAL number of open slots for and event type, for any given day across multiple reps. GLARING feature omission.

Acuity Scheduling and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing Calendly

Simplicity for the client and staff

OnceHub

Simplicity
Arvind Kumar
Arvind Kumar

One of the best collaboration tools!

Reviewed on 2022-11-02

Pros

I got to know about this awesome tool when a consultant from one of the world's top companies sent me a link to his Calendly calendar so that I can book a slot. I liked the feature because I could choose an available slot as if I was making a booking in my Outlook with someone from my organization. However, I did not start using it immediately. A few months later, I joined a project in which there were consultants from four organizations and it became very inconvenient for everyone to book a meeting with people from the other three organizations. It is when one of my colleagues suggested using Calendly and setting up my account with it. I can not thank him enough because after that I started using a link to my Calendly calendar in my Outlook signature. Other people also recognised the power of this excellent collaboration tool and within a week almost everyone on the project started putting their Calendly link in their Outlook signature. This greatly increased the productivity of the project team. Among many good features is a feature to set up multiple calendars (e.g. office and personal).

Cons

Once a new team member, belonging to another organisation, asked for a time slot to book a meeting with me and I gave her with link to my Calendly calendar. It was around 9:30 am and I had a couple of time slots available around noon time e.g. one at 11:30 am and another at 2:30 pm and then the next available slots were at 4:00 pm and 4:30 pm. Since she wanted the meeting as soon as possible, she informed me that my Calendly calendar did not have any time slot available before 4:00 pm and whether I could prioritise meeting with her over some low-priority meeting. It is when I realized that Calendly had hidden my all available slots within 6 hours. Though this is a feature to prevent someone from scheduling a meeting on too short notice, there should be a way to customize it e.g. if I want to decrease this time from 6 hours to 1 hour. I tried finding this customization feature but I could not find it.Maybe the feature is already there and I haven't found a way to use it.

Angelina
Angelina

Streamline your scheduling with Calendly

Reviewed on 2023-04-30

Calendly is a very popular option for recruiters because of its easy to use and navigate interface. It integrates well with many other softwares like Salesforce, Google Calendar, Outlook Calendar and Zoom. I love the tool as it has simplified scheduling for me and also saves me a ton of time!

Pros

Calendly saves recruiters like me a lot of time, effort and energy. I use the tool to send my applicants to book their recruiter screenings. Most applicants book their time with easy and I am also sent the confirmation of the appointment. The tool is extremely easy to use and is prompt with its notifications. It is easily customizable, for example - I add questions, reminders and also attach notes or candidate resumes to keep handy.

Cons

While most users use the free version of the tool, many other users may need to upgrade to a paid version of the tool to have access to a wider range of features. Reporting and analytics may be tough as it does not provide an option for it. Customer support is usually delayed and may cause disruptions in daily appointments.

Edward
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Optimizing Business Schedules with Calendly: Insights from a Manager

Reviewed on 2023-11-16

Generally our involvement in Calendly was Positive. Our principal obstacle at first was dealing with different schedules across different undertakings. Nonetheless, coordinating these into a solitary, effectively shareable schedule through Calendly improved protection while keeping up with openness. It solidified our timetables, saving us the need to allow broad admittance to clients, and improved on our work process.

The coordination with existing devices like Google Schedule was consistent. When associated, sharing across groups became easy, adding to a smoother change.

Defeating the underlying anxiety of permitting direct reserving through Calendly worked on our efficiency.

Pros

Calendly changed our booking disarray into consistent productivity. Its easy-to-understand arrangement, particularly during the free preliminary, quickly explained its convenience. Sharing booking joins across messages, site, and interchanges became easy, making gatherings a breeze for clients and partners.

Cons

While without a cutoff booking highlight for every particular client email or past appointments block, it doesn't offer arrangement following in light of set numbers per client email, making it marginally prohibitive. In any case, its easy to use interface, despite the fact that having a slight expectation to learn and adapt for those new to schedule administrations, stays simple to explore.

Acuity Scheduling

Reasons for Choosing Calendly

One click meeting scheduling is very much effective which works great in Calendly

Google Calendar

Reasons for Switching to Calendly

Calendly seemed more user friendly and coped with our staffs and were easy to learn