Glofox

4.5/5

Anna

Great app

Reviewed on 9/20/2019

Have halved my admin and accounting time

Pros

Ease of set up, additional features, flexibility

Cons

I have no issues with the app whatsoever

Response from Glofox

Hi Anna,

Thanks for your feedback. We're delighted that you're enjoying using Glofox to grow your business.

Andy

Not getting any better

Reviewed on 10/22/2020

Pros

It's easy to use for the customer, but so are most other booking apps

Cons

Being ignored by customer support. System is very slow. Lots of glitches, although less in the last year to be fair. I cannot recommend Glofox. I've been a customer for 3 years and I've tried to stick with then through all their setup problems (of which there were many), but lately their customer service has gotten worse and worse. Now a major issue has come to light on the accuracy of their reporting, so I can no longer make accurate reports on income. As a result I misreported my income for 2018 by quite some margin, I cannot lodge my income for 2019 and am late filing VAT returns. I first reported this on the 16th of September and it's been with their "engineering team" ever since with no updates and they are now ignoring me completely, even the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is ignoring me. If they can't get something as simple as the income to report accurately then I've lost all faith. The system is also extremely slow and despite using different laptops, several browsers, PC and Mac and various internet connections, I get fobbed off that its an issue at my end. Yet when I reset filters it works straight away. But then slows down again very quickly afterwards. I have over 500 support issues back and forth with Glofox support in 3 years.

Response from Glofox

Hey Andy, first off let us start by saying we're sorry to hear you had so many issues with us. We strive to bring our customers exceptional products and service. I hope since leaving this review we've found a resolution for you. If you have any questions or concerns please drop us a mail at [email protected] and we'll make sure to review them for you.

Rima

• Customer Support Software

There are better products out there

Reviewed on 12/15/2021

This is my warning for this software continued please see consistent just so you know what’s not working.. go cardless disconnected and they didn’t fix the issue for 6 weeks! We lost thousands of $. Their are awfully understaffed and really not across their own software.

The trainers can hardly do anything in their app which is super annoying.

Members can only book one cycle ahead which is really bad if you have expensive memberships

The plug in on the website is slow to load which leads to frustration with new members.

Pros

At first I liked that it was cheaper than MINDBODY. Sales was great but dear god, it’s been bad for such a long time.

Cons

Bad reporting. (A lot of reports are incomplete or have bugs and in parts make no freaking sense.) like they have a report for trials how many people you lost but then you can’t actually see who.. hella useless. Then with clients - memberships you cannot see memberships that haven’t commenced as part of your memberships, just to give a couple of examples

Bad scheduling (you can’t enter closed business days and have to manually delete every class!) when you edit a class because a teacher gets covered it gets overwritten whenever you make a change in the backend, like your Monday 5pm class gets covered but in the backend a new teacher starts all change revert back causing a lot of frustration for members and teachers. Teachers can only see their own classes.
We have the branded app; it bugs ALL the time, we also have multiple locations which members are supposed to be having access to but it’s doesn’t work for majority of the memberships only for the unlimited members. Courses don’t show in the app for teachers. You cannot enter suspensions for limited memberships. If you have multiple locations you will lose a lots of functionality (I wasn’t told about that). You also can’t enter cancellations in advance for limited members. You can’t amend class packages either, so you can imagine how much trouble this caused (250 passes had to be re-entered manually) because of lockdowns. Waitlist feature hasn’t been working in over a month.
Tech support takes months to fix issues..

Response from Glofox

Hi Rima,
Thank you for your honest feedback, and we are truly sorry that your experience with glofox did not live up to your expectations. We take this feedback very seriously and are working towards improving the reporting and stability issues you reported.

Kendra
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Best Partner

Reviewed on 11/14/2022

Pros

I’ve been using this app for almost 1 year. I’m definitely a believer! I am a fitness instructor and have been looking for something to help me manage my classes online. I looked at a few different online booking apps and glofox was the best. I saw the potential for this app and decided to give it a try. I can’t believe how easy it was to use. I was able to create my classes and set up my student

Cons

ıt's ok completely. I didn't have any bad experience.

James

Glofox Review

Reviewed on 1/7/2021

The team at Glofox has been very good. They answer questions and take time to help you understand what to do. There is also constant new development happening within the program which makes it better each month.

Pros

The program is easy to use. Navigation and setup works well and simplifies my daily routine for running the business. The App is by far the best feature with this programming. It is easy to use and gives clients very direct access to classes and events that are happening within the facility.

Cons

The least liked feature is not being able to print contracts and having to sign up parents for accounts so there children can have their accounts active. This is also not a martial arts based software system, however it works well for my studio which also has fitness classes.

Zen Planner and Mindbody

Reasons for Switching to Glofox

The sales team at Glofox was great. They were not trying to push me into anything. They were patient and listened to what I was looking for in reagrds to how I run my business.

Response from Glofox

Hey James, thanks so much for leaving a review and we appreciate the feedback.

We'll make sure to pass on your suggestions to the relevant teams.

Thanks again.

Alexandra

• Customer Support Software

Happy to have made the switch!

Reviewed on 11/9/2021

Great overall.

Pros

Very user-friendly and aesthetically pleasing, with all the features our customers have come to expect.

Cons

Limited integration with MailChimp. Would prefer more ability to customize the product to my business.

Vagaro and Mindbody

Reasons for Choosing Glofox

Unsatisfied with limitations of the ZenPlanner system.

Zen Planner

Response from Glofox

Hey Alexandra,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, it really means a lot.
We're so happy to hear that you have been pleased with your experience with Glofox so far!
We look forward to continuing to support you and your business.

- The Glofox Team

Decker

Reviewed on 3/11/2021

Very easy to use software that has helped me bill recurring payments and organize my scheduling.

Pros

The software is very easy to use and navigate.

Cons

I could benefit from a messaging forum type feature. Maybe this is available with the custom app but not sure. The current messaging abilities work just fine though.

Wodify and Zen Planner

Reasons for Switching to Glofox

The clean visually appealing interface and ease of use.

Response from Glofox

Hi Decker! Thank you so much for leaving a review, and welcome to Glofox. We're glad you find our software easy to use and visually appealing. We pride ourselves on delivering an exceptional user experience.

Thank you also for your suggestions surrounding messaging. We do have a community section within our member app that works in a similar way to a news feed and we also offer the ability to send push notifications, SMS, and emails. If you would like to know more about any of the above, you can reach out to us at [email protected] I will also pass your suggestions onto the relevant teams.

Thanks again,
-The Glofox Team

Temitope

Great team

Reviewed on 1/7/2021

The team have been extremely helpful, from picking the correct package to setting up my Glofox account/ the integration with my site. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has gone above and beyond and I'm so thankful to him and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. Setting up the membership, I wanted t to have clients training 3 sessions a week but paying monthly but unfortunately the system wouldn't allow this but the team helped me work around the problem

Pros

The software is easy to use and self explanatory

Cons

Trying to set up the membership how I wanted was a bit tricky and I needed help from the Glofox team

Reasons for Switching to Glofox

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] he didn't try to push me and wanted to find out how he would help me, this is why I picked Glofox

Response from Glofox

Hi Temitope, we're happy to hear you had such a positive experience with us so far. We hope you're enjoying our products.

Maryann

So easy!

Reviewed on 12/8/2021

It's been great. Everyone has been friendly, supportive, and accessible. Once it's setup it really needs almost nothing from me.

Pros

I love how easy it was to setup from a backend standpoint. Clients also have an easy time using it which is a huge bonus.

Cons

I *really* wish there was an option to allow clients to enter a promo code or discount code at checkout.

Wodify and Mindbody

Reasons for Switching to Glofox

Friendliness of [SENSITIVE CONTENT] (sales) & Glofox team. Product also seamlessly integrated into website which was a huge deal.

Response from Glofox

Hey Maryann,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback!
We're so happy to hear that you are pleased with the Glofox team and that you're finding it so easy to use!
We look forward to continuing to support you on your business journey.

- The Glofox Team

Stuart

BikeRowSki Review

Reviewed on 8/19/2022

I love using Glofox as we have great dedicated support with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] (she is amazing). The support is generally quite good.

Pros

The biggest features with an impact are the user friendly app for our clients. The innovation with Amplify could be huge for us as we look to increase the customer experience outside studios.

Cons

I would love if we could clearly define members and leads (it's something so simple).
I would love to have one account with a multi studio option for our clients wanting to visit different studios.

Reasons for Switching to Glofox

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] ([SENSITIVE CONTENT] of BikeRowSki) had a great relationship when we were setting up BikeRowSki.
Claudia

Reviewed on 4/21/2020

I would like to mention the above and beyond service I have received from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], she is always there to help and answers in a very timely manner. I was about to change services and the overall dialogue with her was a very important part in staying with Glofox.

Pros

This software is very user friendly, easy to understand and easy on the eyes. It offers exactly what we need for our daily business.

Cons

At the beginning I had a large amount of issues with customer service. Sometimes weeks without an answer, both e-mail and phone, being that the customer service reps are in Ireland I think. But this has been changed greatly in the past few months.

Reasons for Switching to Glofox

Most do not have the ease of accepting payments in Mexico and Glofox was more user friendly and wallet friendly

Response from Glofox

Hi Claudia,

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying using Glofox.

Thank you for the feedback on your experience with our support team also. We are always striving to improve our offering so we will be sure to pass this comment on to the team.

Gary

Good Product

Reviewed on 11/22/2021

It is a good product, the customer service can take a while to come back to you.

There are better products out there for much cheaper!

Pros

The ability to track client attendances.

Cons

Other products give far more for a cheaper price i.e. full financial reports etc.

LegitFit

Reasons for Choosing Glofox

I swithced to a different product as it was better value for money and the customer services is better.

Reasons for Switching to Glofox

I opted out of Glofox after using it for approximately 3 years.

Response from Glofox

Hi Gary, thank you for your feedback regarding our product and our service. We endeavour to absorb all our customer's feedback and continually improve our service. We appreciate your loyalty to us for three years.
Sincerely,
Marko Gazic - Global Manager of SMB Customer Success

Tiffany

Glofox admin review

Reviewed on 9/27/2019

I’d give it a B+. The support follow up really lacks.

Pros

It’s simple and user friendly. It has streamlined my calendar and client bookings to have them online.

Cons

It’s very challenging to follow the revenue reports and be able to know which client purchase is associated with the statement. It would be helpful if it was labeled by client/user name. There are also a few glitches with the software that I’ve mentioned to support but there hasn’t been a resolution. For example, when my clients import their class to their phone calendar the business address shows up, not the class location address. This has caused a lot of confusion with my clients. The timeline from purchase to direct deposit is also not consistent. Some times it takes 2 days, sometimes 5, that makes accounting difficult.

Pike13 and Mindbody

Reasons for Switching to Glofox

Pricing and simplicity. I have 100 clients, not 1,000.

Response from Glofox

Hi Tiffany,

Thanks for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you're enjoying using Glofox. We take customer feedback very seriously and will be sure to pass it on to our product team.

Waldineia

Build a Partnership

Reviewed on 8/23/2021

So far - so good.
Glofox has a huge impact on the way I look at my business right now.
The glofox time is always ready to help and teach us how to use the app - whic made my time realize how we could become more professional and trained. It had a good impact on us in so many ways .

Our comunication with our students are much more clear and we can see the great results of it.
When we are talking about online servive sometimes it is easy to become just like roobots, and glofox showed us that there is a way to make it more human.

It made my life easy and closer to my future dreams.

Pros

For me, as a owner of a really small business, it was really hard to work during pandemic time.
Our reality was too much work and not enough clients, not because we were not good enough to sell, but because we did not have the people to deal and give the propper service for all our new customers.

We were always struggling with delay of communication - and not enough time to respond all the clients doubts. With glofox, some questions are alredy answered by email and by the app itself.
Now we have more time to focus and train our time, so we can have a high standarts customer service.[

We were afraid to make the full transaction to an online system because the prices were really higher for us.
But in three months of the system we managed to have more than 3 times more students now.

it´s gave us the opportunity to sell ir large scale and to delivery our work for people all over the globe.

Me and my time are happy with the results.

Thanks a lot.

Cons

There is nothing I would say, I would like least.
But from my experience - all my students don´t realize they have access to recorded classes in the app.
I would make this botton more easy to notice - because it is important for us that all the people do benefit from the classes we are leaving ther eofr them.

Response from Glofox

Hey Waldineia,

Thank you for taking your time to leave a review!
It's great to hear that Glofox is helping you and your business save time and ultimately provide the highest standard experience possible.
We look forward to continuing to support you in reaching your business goals.

- The Glofox Team

Mark
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Outstanding Product, Excellent Customer Service

Reviewed on 7/8/2016

I could not be happier. I have set up software for Fitness studios and gyms I have worked at and have used in my own studio when I setup, so I have experience with a lot of software in the fitness market. But Glofox has it all, and the customer service is brilliant. They offer apps for your clients to check-in and update their info, they offer engagement tools and detailed reports for me to run my business. It has everything we could ever want. The best part of the software is the regular and constant updates they are putting into it. They are ahead of the curve with what is needed to help grow my business and give me the tools I need to do that. Big thumbs up, great job team Glofox

Pros

I like pretty much everything. My members get a really modern app with a ton of features that allow them to manage their own schedule and not have to constantly contact me for bookings or payments. I get a lot of easy to use features that automate a lot of the repetitive tasks I have been doing, plus its really easy to see how your business is doing with the reporting tool. It also auto charges clients on a monthly basis so I don't have to chase payments. And their support team basically did all the setup for me walking me through everything. they are super helpful!

Cons

I like everything about it. I can't think of how they could improve it.

Response from Glofox

Hi Mark,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. Delighted to hear that Glofox is all round the perfect solution for your business!

It's been a pleasure working with you and the team.

Timmy | Glofox Head of Support

Glenn

• Customer Support Software

What is Customer Support?

Reviewed on 12/15/2020

I switched from Mindbody as I believed it was too complicated for a gym and glofox is definitely simpler to use. The downside is that Mindbody customer service was really efficient whereas Gloxfox's almost doesn't exist.

It feels like there may be two people part time responding to questions and if they get to you in that week then you've kind of won the lotto for the week. :-(

Pros

I have found this software easy for our users. It has glitches at our end but the user interface seems to be simple and quite popular with our clients.

Cons

Customer Support is either terribly slow or sometimes non-existent. For the price we paid for this (over $6,000 for the year) I would expect some customer support but I often have to email 2 or 3 times over a series of days to get any response at all.

Initial service was great but then once you're paid up they pretty much ghost you.

Response from Glofox

Hey Glenn, thanks for the review and for taking the time to give us some feedback. We're constantly striving to offer exceptional customer service. We're sorry to hear you had a delay. We'll be sure to pass on this feedback to the relevant teams.

- The Glofox Team

• Customer Support Software

How complicated became simple, finally we have a system that helps us generate business!

Reviewed on 4/27/2018

Pros

This software is customer friendly. It's layout is simple to use and once you understand the functions it's super fast which has meant staff training time is reduced as well as client training also.
I have all the key information I need to hand and when reconciling month end figures and performance it has over halved the time taken and improved the accuracy of reporting 100%.
The staff at Glofox have been fantastic from start all the way to support once we have launched. Marko was our project coordinator and his help and guidance has made the whole transfer feel seemless. The support staff are fast and really great at helping sort any queries we may have. The connection with stripe is working really well and has actually massively helped our cash flow as opposed to confusing direct debit charges and payment frequency's.
I'm yet to establish something wrong with this system and if we identify any areas that need adjusting the team at Glofox already seem ahead of the game.
The web integration is the easiest I've seen, having used mindbody previously I was astounded as to how simple this is, we can share direct links, you tube videos etc.

Cons

We are nearly and Month an Half into our full launch and as of yet I can't find anything I don't like about it.

Response from Glofox

Hey there,

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback!
It's great to hear that Glofox is helping your business save time among many other things you highlighted.
We're also pleased that you have had such a great experience with our support team.
We look forward to continuing to support you on your business journey.

- The Glofox Team

Glenn

• Customer Support Software

Glofox is a critical part of our daily operations and we couldn't operate without it

Reviewed on 5/10/2017

Customer convenience is the biggest advantage. They can view, book and cancel without a messages or calls, back & forth ensuring our administration team don't end up spending their time with bookings and customer queries

Pros

It's extremely user friendly and has been simplified to ensure minimum amount of steps required in all customer aspects from booking classes to purchasing memberships. It allows customers to book in at any time of the day or night & allows us to have full transparency of who's attending each and every class.

Cons

Amendments to memberships are cumbersome and require alot of manual input. The new dashboard has excellent features however there were some nice parts of the old dashboard that have been lost which were very useful for our daily management information

Response from Glofox

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for sharing your positive feedback!

We're working hard to make your day to day run even smoother in the long run. We have a tonne of new features in the pipeline, and we're also working on improvements to some older features that you mentioned. We'll be sure to let you know as soon as they're available - we can't wait for you to test them out!

• Customer Support Software

Partnering with Glofox has been the single best decision we have made in our business.

Reviewed on 3/9/2018

Pros

We made the mistake of trying to manage our own CRM when we launched our gym. Within 4 weeks of opening we realized this was a huge mistake. We considered many platforms and software company partners to improve our efficiency. The Glofox integrated platform for booking, communication, CRM and payments has given our customers a fantastic experience, interface and reliability when booking and paying. For us it saves us countless hours each week, works efficiently on the go, in the gym and literally on the studio floor whilst coaching. Every technology has an occasion gremlin but if so any problem is quickly remedied by their great team, who work as hard for you, as you do for your own customers.

Cons

Our own company branded Glofox app, the most expensive solution, did take slightly longer than we hoped to get finished, only a few days late, mainly because of Apple app store slowness but it was worth the wait in the end.

Response from Glofox

Hey,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback!
We're so happy to hear that you're having a good experience with Glofox and that it has been able to save you time.
We look forward to continuing to support you in reaching your business goals.

- The Glofox Team

Melissa

Boutique Studio - Glofox experience

Reviewed on 11/25/2019

Glofox are responsive and supportive to my business needs. The staff are excellent and extremely helpful and friendly. With my business recently expanding, I have been been offered very good clear guidance by my Account Manager.

Pros

Easy for clients to book classes via the studio app. Easy for instructors to register class participants. A pleasant experience using the Glofox dashboard.

Cons

Unable to message a class via the app if a teacher changes or the class is cancelled.

Response from Glofox

Hi Melissa,

Thank you for your feedback.

We're delighted to hear that you're enjoying using our software to grow your business.

We take customer feedback very seriously and will pass the areas for development you've mentioned to our product team.

Jo-Ann
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

• Customer Support Software

One of the best studio investments I've made!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016

Glofox is a wonderful system that has helped me in a number of ways to run my studio in an easy, organised fashion. I was hesitant at the start to change my ways, but a year in, it only gets better.

Pros

It organises members, keeps them in constant contact, promotes the studio, sells products, is highly efficient and easy to use. Not only that, there is a great help service which has been available to answer all sorts of mundane questions from me! At all sorts of hours might I add. I'm not the best on computers so this in itself was super helpful. It didn't take me long at all to get the hang of working the system. It is by far one of the best studio investments I've made to date.

Cons

None!

Response from Glofox

Hi Jo Ann,

Thanks for a writing a review for us! We appreciate you taking the time. We'll always be here to help no matter what the question, or the time! Keep up the great work.

All the best,
Timmy
Head of Support

Ashley

Constant New Features While Core Tools Are Broken

Reviewed on 6/14/2020

New features are constantly added while existing features are broken. There’s no way include or track sales tax in the store, but instead they’re planning to add payroll processing. If it can’t handle USA sales tax, would I trust that my state payroll taxes have been properly filed? Features seem half finished while others outside the core business are instead being focused on. The new product announcements usually don’t seem relevant. I’ve reported bugs like dates jumping when editing/saving a Course description, and told by Support that I’m wrong. I’ve occasionally had a good experience with customer service, telling me where a feature is located, but typically their answers are irrelevant or tell me a workaround, with no date on when a broken feature will be fixed. I work with a different person each time, and there’s no consistency in the Support.

Pros

The graphics of the software are minimal and well designed. It processes monthly and pro-rated memberships very well. I mostly teach multi-week courses, which competitor softwares couldn’t handle. It saves credit cards on file and allows custom charges (which I use in lieu of the nonfunctional merchandise store.)

Cons

I loved the software during my demo, but have been constantly disappointed since then. They began charging me before the platform was set up for my studio, which took two weeks and missed my grand opening date. In my demo I was shown how easily the bookings integrate into Squarespace, but later learned that’s true only if you upgrade to Squarespace Premium. I loved the ‘Book a Buddy’ feature, but it broke 9 months ago and still hasn’t been fixed. I found out that it was broken because students had +1’s registered but the payment on the extra spots hadn’t gone through. I reported it to Glofox and was told that they were already aware. I lost out on dozens of unpaid bookings and Glofox never let its customers know or removed the feature. It took three emails to Support for them to successfully turn it off on my platform. After the initial demo and signup there is no transparency on pricing or product tiers. I had been planning to change from semi-annual to yearly payment, but my credit card was automatically billed before I had the chance (and without my consent.) I’m a Platinum customer, but I can’t compare tiers of pricing or features.

Response from Glofox

Hi Ashley,

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback.

Thank you for the feedback on the product also, and for highlighting the areas in which you would like to see further development. We are always striving to improve our offering so we will be sure to pass this comment on to the team.

Lorraine
  • Industry: Sports

• Customer Support Software

Quick and effective customer service

Reviewed on 9/30/2020

Great experience, always there to help and assist you

Pros

User friendly. Simple easy to understand

Cons

The memberships showing the alphabet to create the right order

Friendly customer service

Response from Glofox

Hi Lorraine, thanks so much for leaving a review, we really appreciate it. We'll make sure to pass on your feedback to the relevant teams.

Jacob
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

• Customer Support Software

Glofox's software is easy to use and their customer service is second to none.

Reviewed on 8/24/2017

The Glofox app has taken our gym to the next level. We really needed a way to connect with our members in an effective way as well as concentrate our information into an easy to access forum. Glofox has enabled us to do that in a far more cost effective way than having a custom-designed app from a non-specialized software company. Since they focus on gym owners and operators, they offer you solutions that you might not even realize that you have yet and walk with you through each step of the process. I would recommend their services to anyone who wants to grow their client base, have less overhead and automate their administrative and scheduling processes.

Pros

When we were in the exploratory stage trying to find the right software for our gym, we sought to find a product that was cost effective, user-friendly, adaptable, and came with responsive support. We couldn't be more pleased with the ways that Glofox has delivered on those categories and exceeded our expectations.

Cons

I'm not sure we have had enough time with it to find any faults for the applications that we'd like to use it for. The only drawbacks I could foresee would have to do with adapting a service within the app to meet a unique need we have as a Recreation Ministry. I'm confident that we would receive support to assist us in meeting that need though.

Response from Glofox

Hi Jacob,

Thanks for sharing your experience! It's been a pleasure working with you and the team at Dawson Recreation Ministry.

Daria
  • Industry: Sports

Thank you, guys !

Reviewed on 10/14/2022

That’s the great app and the company. I really admire their Customers Support, they respond shortly, respond always politely and help to solve all the problems.

Pros

Both Pro and Customers apps are convenient, easy to use. I like all the features are available for me at my subscription plan.

Cons

I wish Trainers could book the facility from their Pro apps, not only the receptionist. I recently got a bug when I tried to add new classes and to set the schedule for them, I couldn’t scroll down and add the timing . It just doesn’t go down.