BlueFolder

Customer Support Software
4.8/5

Carl

• Customer Support Software

BlueFolder saved our company and allowed us to grow!

Reviewed on 2020-04-10

Additionally, BlueFolder's customer service was top-notch. Anytime we had a question, they had an immediate answer.

Pros

We were burdened with heavy software that required a million clicks to get the simplest things done. Then, we found BlueFolder. It gave us everything we needed to store customer information, schedule service tickets for our employees and most importantly, close tickets and get paid quickly. The software's simplicity allowed us to put our focus on growing the company.

Cons

We found no cons with the BlueFolder software.

Response from BlueFolder

Hi Carl,

Kelly
  • Industry: Automotive

• Customer Support Software

An effective tool for your daily needs

Reviewed on 2022-09-02

Overall, we are very happy with the program. We are hoping for some future integration with our documentation.

Pros

I really like the ease of use and the implementation of the system was virtually seamless with the tech team from BlueFolder. The reports are very good for our needs. The technicians really like to use the desktop program and that what's most important.

Cons

The mobile app needs a lot of work. There is limited ability to print out equipment reports for single units.

Dynamics 365 Business Central

Reasons for Choosing BlueFolder

The product was no longer suited to our growing needs.

ServiceTrade

Reasons for Switching to BlueFolder

Cost, quick start up, easy data transfer, great people to work with...
David

Good tool but expensive

Reviewed on 2022-08-31

Overall it serves us well, but the increasing costs might drive us to look at other options.

Pros

Work order management works well both in the office and in the field. Automated recurring work orders help keep preventative maintenance organized. Work history is easily located, it's easy to add attachements etc.

Customer support is excellent, always a quick response, always quick to address any issues we have.

Cons

Sold in US dollars only makes it quite expensive for Canadian companies. Overall cost has become quite high.

For our setup we have to do a lot of manual setup for preventative maintenance. Easier than on paper and automatically triggers work orders in the months we need though.

Jobber and ServiceBox

Reasons for Switching to BlueFolder

At the time the other products didn't have functions for scheduled preventative maintenance.
Jeremy
  • Industry: Machinery

Great software

Reviewed on 2022-08-28

Pros

The ease of use and how efficient and effective it is.

Cons

Could have a little bit better mobile version.

Steve
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Forklift University LOVES BlueFolder

EXCEPTIONAL!
service and support have always been spot on, helped when i had issues, helped on the new update. Responsive in a quick time period.
Sale team has been helpful when I have had cusotmers that could benifit they helped me to setup a demo system.
There are very few companies (especially software) that i like as much as this system.

Pros

We have been with BlueFolder for many many years, and have watched it improve. We use it to run nearly every aspect of our business. Before I started this company, I ran a software development company in LA, this software is simple to use, powerful and would be the highest rated software systems that I use for my company.
Without this system I would have to link together several solutions and doubt they would give me the tools and ease of use that this one system has.
Steve Drake

Cons

The calendar has issues with time zones. But this is common in most calendar systems. I live in Arizona and during half the year my appointments are set to the wrong time, even though my sales team puts them in correctly for the class. It adjusts to what it thinks is my local time, but the class is scheduled for a time in spite of the zone. This is an issue because I travel to those times, and it does not update when i am there.

Response from BlueFolder

Hi Steve,
We appreciate you letting us know about how BlueFolder helped your business. We greatly appreciate your feedback. Thanks for being a valued customer!

Ben
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

review

Reviewed on 2022-08-23

Great. Again it needs a better way to reference materials used.

Like when Im doing this review and I click on a question and depending on the answer another screen pops up. Asking for something else

Pros

data base and a universal place for each customer information

Cons

Better ability to have a data base of materials and how they can be searched for.
If you can figure this out similar to the way turbo tax would ask info.

Like this: When the tech add his time, Then a pop up screen" Did you use materials?"
Then a scroll down screen.

Response from BlueFolder

Thank you for your review of BlueFolder Ben! We greatly appreciate the feedback and have passed along your recommendations to our product team for review. Thanks for being a valued customer!

Blake
  • Industry: Medical Devices

All the Basics

Very positive.

Pros

Bluefolder has most everything you need to manage customers and equipment. You can easily see past service history of equipment. Create invoices and export them to Quickbooks online or desktop.

Cons

I wish there were more customizable view and reporting built in to the web interface. We end up having to run a bunch of reports and export them to excel in order to make the data easy to interpret.

Response from BlueFolder

Thank you for your review of BlueFolder Blake! We greatly appreciate the feedback and have passed along your recommendations to our product team for review. Thanks for being a valued customer!

Marijo

• Customer Support Software

BlueFolder is a great tool

Reviewed on 2022-08-23

Pros

The feature I like most about this software is the ability to easily create work orders and assign to the technicians. Everything is saved, and easily accessible.

Cons

I haven't compared pricing with other software programs so I am not sure whether the pricing is competitive or not.

Response from BlueFolder

Hi Marijo,

Alba

Great program

great

Pros

Easy to navigate thru and able to understand it without issues

Cons

not sure if i'm able to create Invoices for each order

Response from BlueFolder

Hi Alba,

Thanks for being a valued customer!

Chris
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Solid system

Reviewed on 2022-08-24

Pros

Bluefolder is easy to use and customize to our needs. We primarily use it to track our customers and service tickets.

Cons

There is nothing that comes to mind at this time

Response from BlueFolder

Hi Chris,

Thanks for being a valued customer!

Paula
  • Industry: Consumer Services

BLUEFOLDER WILL HELP YOU GROW YOUR BUSINESS

Reviewed on 2017-04-06

We have been using BlueFolder for five years to schedule and manage a very, busy elevator service department. Without BlueFolder we would not have been able to grow our company by 50%, It allows us to provide the type of information that the technicians need in the field to do their job and the home office to manage all of the customers and equipment. The System has a lot of ways to customize the information specific to your company's needs. Their customer support is extremely helpful and always accessible when needed. This was the single most effective decision we have every made and I highly recommend this system.

Pros

The ease of data entry. The ability to manage technician's in the field and provide them with the information to do their job. The ability to integrate with QuickBooks for billing. This system has enabled our company's department to grow by 50%...

Cons

Would love to be able to link multiple data sets for custom reports.

Kristy

• Customer Support Software

BlueFolder is easy to use to manage work orders.

Reviewed on 2017-09-05

The software is easy to use and has some great functions. The best feature is being able to sort by job, property, etc. I LOVE having the search bar - I use this every time I enter a new service request. It helps being able to go back and see all the jobs for a specific property - or even all the jobs with one specific issue.

Pros

It's easy to look up past work orders (so I can see when something has been previously done with a property). It's very simple to set up new properties and contacts. The invoices are very professional looking and transfer nicely to QuickBooks.

Cons

I wish this software would integrate with Buildium - would be much easier to use if I didn't have to export to QuickBooks, download, then reupload to our management software. I also find it a pain to contact customer support to do basic functions like adding a user or removing a user.

AMBER

• Customer Support Software

Ease in service work operations

Reviewed on 2020-06-18

This program keeps my operations organized in an easy way. I am sure I don't even use half the features in which I would like to be able to learn more about the options to see if it will help my operation even more.

Pros

The flow of a work order, from quote, to executed work order an scheduling, to completion of work order with a signature feature, to batching work orders to Quickbooks

Cons

Lacking a Drag and Drop feature and project management

Stephen

Great Tool

Reviewed on 2020-04-10

I am very pleased with the overall experience with Bluefolder.

Pros

Bluefolder has been an essential tool to my service business. We use it to dispatch service techs, collect time, add material, generate work description, communicate drawings, track job progress and more.

Cons

We would like to customize the ticket number feature. We also would like to be able to create a private comment where the lead tech can not see it. Only the service manager.

Response from BlueFolder

Thank you for your review of BlueFolder Stephen! We greatly appreciate the feedback and have passed along your recommendations to our product team for review. Thanks for being a valued customer!

Samantha

Amazing Product with Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 2020-04-27

Our experience has been great. We started with them as a small company and as we have grown over the last 8 years so have they and the updates fit right along with our needs. Customer service always responds very quickly and is very helpful!

Pros

The scheduling and team calendar feature, also the ease to customize the system to fit your business needs. We also like that it tracks equipment in one place. You can also customize who sees what information (employees, clients and vendors) which is awesome

Cons

Right now the only feature I want to see if contracts able to be billed on use so you can track how many hours you use for an unlimited contract and still bill it

Robert
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

• Customer Support Software

Very easy to use and to the point.

Reviewed on 2016-03-04

I have been a user of Blue Folder since 2009. I have always kept an eye out for other applications to make sure I was get the best bang for my buck. I have spent hundreds of hours testing other systems and I can tell you this app is the only one that makes it easy and a very short learning period on how to use the app. The best feature they have is the customer notifications. That alone is worth the price. They make it so easy to communicate to my customer and they tell me that they love it!! Our customers are aware of what is going on every step of the way.

Pros

Customer Notifications
Very pleasing to look at
The customer support team treats me like a family member and not just another customer. The get customer service beyond just being there when needed.

Cons

At the time there is no way to accept online payments. But they have told me that is in the works.

Response from BlueFolder

Thank you for your positive review and being our customer for the last 7 years. We are pleased that we have made such a positive impact on your business and the service you provide your customers. We hope you are enjoying all of the enhancements in the software update that we deployed last week. And thanks for your suggestions – they are helpful as we work to make BlueFolder better with each new update.

John
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Blue Folder helped us streamline RMA's

Reviewed on 2022-01-19

We have seen a 11% increase in calibrations this past year by using blue folder to track and remind about calibrations.

Pros

We use Blue Folder for our RMA process and tracking customer equipment for calibrations and repairs.

Cons

I wish it had a duplicate equipment feature.

Response from BlueFolder

Hi John,

Geoffrey
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Blue Folder - Maintenance Work Order

Reviewed on 2022-01-20

Great customer support during the initial setup and customization of the software to import all of our customers for a property management company.

Pros

The software is easy to use and adaptable to our needs. The Quickbooks integration is crucial and works well. Hopefully we can get some minor fixes to the imported fields for matching classifications. Overall it works great!

Cons

nothing so far, it all just works GREAT!

Response from BlueFolder

Hi Geoffrey,

Leslie
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

One stop shop

Reviewed on 2020-04-23

Excellent. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] our sales support has been wonderful and is a pleasure to interact with when we need help.

Pros

Bluefolder is excellent for our facility maintenance division. The ease of being able to enter customers, schedule calls, add notes, photos, tracking past services, and setting up future services. Time tracking for our service guys The overall software is very effortless and has become vital to our company.

Cons

Currently, I have no issues with bluefolder.

Response from BlueFolder

Leslie, thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for being a valued customer!

Aaron

• Customer Support Software

Bluefolder is a nice product but....

Reviewed on 2022-08-23

Pros

We use this everyday for everything we do. Keeps everything in one place

Cons

A PDF reader for adding attachments. taking a picture and uploading is fine. However using that later is a royal pain when going to print something off. We currently have to use another app to make the attachments such as receipts a pdf then upload to Bluefolder.

Response from BlueFolder

Hi Aaron,

Deb
  • Industry: Management Consulting

• Customer Support Software

Meets our industry need like no other program

Reviewed on 2015-12-17

Pros

The website is easy to use and intuitive. We have never experienced any downtime with it and find their customer support helpful and responsive. We have a unique niche in the senior service industry and found that this software meets our needs like no other.

Cons

We like least the cost per user since we don't take advantage of much that the site offers. It would be nice is the fees could be based on what functions we use. The capability to upload documents and photos would also be a plus. Additionally, there is currently no access to the mobile app for our "technicians", only "administrators".

Mike

• Customer Support Software

Best online service team software

Reviewed on 2011-07-03

I would consider Blue Folder to be a "pillar" of our business. It is as important has as our accountant, lawyer, sales team, support team, etc. I do not think we could operate without it.

Pros

I like how the software is updated on a monthly basis and updates are distributed automatically. Improvement suggestions are encouraged and often make it into a future update. Uptime is 99.9%. All data is automatically backed up online. I really like how you can search the service call titles and the comments. This makes it easy to find a solution to a problem we have dealt with before. We also like the mobile edition on our Android phones. The technicians are automatically alerted to schedule changes and can easily lookup maps, driving directions, gate codes, special instructions, etc. However, the best feature is that the software is focused on service businesses, which means that the interface is simple, yet powerful. It saves us many hours over the old way we managed our service team.

Cons

It is very hard to come up with negatives. And when you find a problem, their development team immediately responds to your request and suggests workarounds. Or at least promises to consider the request for the future upgrade.

Justin
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

HVAC/R Company

Reviewed on 2022-01-20

Love it!

Pros

It is a fairly simple product to use, all of our techs really enjoy how easy it is overall.

Cons

We don't use this product to bill our customers. Once a call is billed, we have to delete the work order or calls will get buried on the main page. Once a call is deleted you have to search for it and reopen the call to see it again. Not hard but it can be a pain at times.

Response from BlueFolder

Hi Justin,

Ken

Integration

Reviewed on 2020-05-31

Overall Bluefolder has help our team keep organized and keep the lines of communication open.

Pros

That it integrated with QBO our accounting software.

Cons

That Bluefolder is not backwards compatible with QBO unless we want to spend more money developing it.

Savannah
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

All Weather

Reviewed on 2022-09-12

Great!

Pros

I love the visibility that BlueFolder provides for our open Service Requests.

Cons

I would like to drag and drop tickets to move the tech/dat its assigned to.