HubSpot CRM

4.5 (4,153)
Write a Review!
Everything you need to sell in one integrated suite

(4,153)
4.4/5

Maurice
Maurice

• Customer Support Software

Hubspot CRM offers the most complete free Customer software for startups and professionals!

Reviewed on 2022-12-05

After you get used to the workflow of Hubspot, it is a breeze to use. Contacting new clients and adding them to Hubspot in no time becomes second nature. I also have Hubspot open during a Zoom call. I add some notes that I want to discuss, and report the full call just after we closed the call.I can then directly send an email with all the details to the other party.

Pros

The ease of use and many features that Hubspot CRM offers. Especially considering it is free software!I have tried out a few paid variants online, but I still fallback to Hubspot.That is saying something!

Cons

This might sound weird, but sometimes the options are just to many. In my opinion, a solid and simple workflow helps with productivity. With Hubspot, you often have too many options for your needs. Not a huge problem, but I noticed that a few of my clients (including me in the beginning) where overwhelmed with all the features it offers.

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot CRM

A combination of the pricing and lack of features in Zoho.Hubspot still has the most complete platform, and once you get used to its workflow, it becomes a valuable toolbox.

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot CRM

The amount of features Hubspot offers has not been beaten by any other software.And, it is free!
Maria Rodora

My Hubspot CRM review

Reviewed on 2024-06-09

I am satisfied that Hubspot was able to make our lead generation faster and easier. It was easier for the management to track as well our work.

Pros

The funnel management was really nice and it was easier for the management to track the customer as a lead until the last service given.

Cons

The lead generation was great for Hubspot. We were able to interface it with another software called People Notion and it was easier for us to do lead generation.

Kylee

• Customer Support Software

Horrible customer service and pretty useless CRM

Reviewed on 2024-05-06

I will never use Hubspot every again and I highly suggest you try any other product first.

Pros

I like that it connects to your email so you can manage flow of information.

Cons

Everything else. 1) they lock you into a very scummy year long contract with no option to just go month by month. 2) the CRM is basically made for sales and not for customers at all. it completely lacks functionality. 3) if you want to do anything useful (eg charge customer, call customers) they will charge you a minimum of $2k/month. don't think that the basic plan has what you need. Again, I wish I had never signed up.

Ryan
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Hubspot CRM

Reviewed on 2024-04-01

I see the capability and how it may work but it has been a difficult costly transition. I do not know if I would recommend it to companies with many (hundreds of thousands) of companies, contacts with multiple sales service incidents.

Pros

It tracks leads and pipeline ok. The Sales Prospecting dashboard is nice

Cons

The Ring Central Dialer does not even give the ability to transfer a call. Calles often cant get through. Typing in a name has to be 100% correct. There is no knowledge for nicknames, no suggestions. If someone last is mann or manne or man all should pull something up. The complications of placing an order getting a quote, etc. is cumbersome and we have lost many sales. Workflow is slow for someone needing to contact various people. Notes and activity flow between contacts, companies, and deals is difficult to grasp and view pertinent info quickly. Even

Dharya
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Revolutionizing Marketing and Sales

Reviewed on 2024-05-12

Pros

HubSpot's CRM platform is a game-changer. With robust automation capabilities, sales person can manage their pipelines more efficiently, prioritize leads, and track interactions with prospects.

Cons

While HubSpot offers a wealth of features, some users may find the pricing structure prohibitive, particularly for smaller businesses or startups

John
  • Industry: Medical Devices

CRM Review

Reviewed on 2024-04-22

Pros

It helps with organizing and track cases or work that are requested by the customer

Cons

sometimes it takes time to load. but it would only take about 1-2 minutes

Ridham
  • Industry: Information Services

Great All in One CRM

Reviewed on 2024-05-07

Pros

I like the fact that it’s easy to use, the view is super clear and not clunky. Overall new vibe

Cons

No drawbacks so far, love the CRM. For smaller companies it can be price sensitive, but again there are other CRM for other companies.

Gamze
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

Great for Whole Data Export

Reviewed on 2024-05-22

Overall, wherever it touches it a great tool.

Overall, wherever it touches it a great tool.

Pros

This tool is great to accumulate all marketing data at one place and then export

Cons

I do not like their non-integration policies

• Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Great in Its Ecosystem

Reviewed on 2024-05-25

It covers everything and pretty comprehensive.

It covers everything and pretty comprehensive.

Pros

I like I can manage under one roof, that's what Hubspot provides.

Cons

Not great when it comes to integration non-hubspot tools.

Harsh

Very Useful

Reviewed on 2024-05-21

Vey helpful in daily operations and lead management

Vey helpful in daily operations and lead management

Pros

Hubspot CRM is loaded with many features

Cons

Its can be very complex initially is using a CRM for the first time

• Customer Support Software

Most nimble CRM platform on the market

Reviewed on 2019-08-01

- Has standardized our data collection process
- Has allowed us to build a far more robust...

- Has standardized our data collection process
- Has allowed us to build a far more robust database
- Has helped us automate low-value activities

Pros

- Easy to get up and running, i.e. implementation is not a painful process
- Less expensive than competitors
- SO SO MANY amazing native integrations
- Clean layout
- Good mobile functionality
- Easiest to learn from a user and admin perspective

Cons

- Don't enjoy the "Hubspot fields that cannot be changed" i.e. customization is limited
- Workflows can be wonky and don't always work right
- Support is based on the person, though most of them are fairly knowledgeable

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot CRM

Needed something more professional with more integrations

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot CRM

Salesfore was far too expensive and implementation would have been an additional high-cost
Missy

• Customer Support Software

Free CRM or full stack implementation - excellent value!

Reviewed on 2019-10-02

I recommend to anyone who makes the investment: spend a week to LEARN the product using the HubSpot certifications (video tutorials, etc. - use the resources to know WHAT you now have in your toolbox!). Then, PLAN and SCOPE your on-boarding project together, as a team. Don't try to do everything at once, or even in concert over various departments. What one area of your business needs WILL affect the others.

Pros

Intuitive, easy to use, great support, fantastic on-boarding staff, excellent knowledge base. Large marketplace of ancillary providers, but if you have any level of reading comprehension, you can follow KB and/or support instructions provided and do-it-yourself.

Cons

A few missing features, but HubSpot has a robust community for those kinds of requests. Honestly, I love the software so much that I cannot even think of anything very serious as a con. Example: cannot personalize the URL for quotes in the Sales Module. Service Module is fairly new and could use some maturation of features.

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot CRM

I've stalked HubSpot for marketing trends since their early days when the only offering was marketing automation. This year, our company implemented a full stack from CRM & Marketing to Sales & Service and went live with HubSpot CMS on 9/30/19. I've worked with MANY different CMS platforms, and HubSpot is truly the easiest one for full-featured lead generation conversion needs, including analytics. And it's not just affordable; it's a good value!
Dona
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Better than others I tried

Reviewed on 2020-04-02

It has provided a central place to enter my contacts.
It has helped me somewhat track activities,...

It has provided a central place to enter my contacts.
It has helped me somewhat track activities, IF I remember to mark them correctly.

Pros

I use the free version. It probably has the most ability of any of the free versions I tried, if you can figure it out.
It's easy to load new contacts, fairly easy to upload contacts from a spreadsheet and great for easily loading business cards to your contacts.

Cons

_It is not intuitive to use. You have to hunt and find "how-tos" for most tasks.
_I tried using the marketing mail feature and due to some triggers they have set up am now permanently locked out from ever using that function again; because their system estimated that legitimate emails I had on my list were not valid or would bounce back. Frustrating to put it mildly.
_I am sure there is more I could use this software for but the costs are too high for me to buy and I won't spend that kind of money only to find out it really doesn't work for the purposes I need it for.
_I have not found a way to categorize that will put the potential clients I need to continue to engage with on top of my list. The options offered don't cut it for my business. There may be a way but like I said, you have to hunt around to find how to do most of the options, which I don't have time to do.
_It does NOT auto-save! I have had to re-do entries, notes, etc. more than I care to think about. Otherwise, you snooze - you lose!
_All the instructions I have found so far are videos. I prefer step-by-step instructions so I don't have to search each time I need to do something I don't do every day. If they have them, they are located somewhere that is not clear or intuitive and I haven't found them yet.
_In some areas it is very forgiving, with options to change what you entered, while in others, not so much.
_You have to remember to check the box for auto-posting a follow-up, rather than auto checking.

Microsoft 365

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot CRM

Even though HubSpot was cumbersome I determined less cumbersome than the others I looked at. I can't remember all the ones I looked at but many were not clear how they worked. Although once I downloaded HubSpot I found it was not as intuitive as it had appeared and I had hoped.
Pieter

HubSpot is Awesome!

Reviewed on 2022-03-08

Bad things aside, I genuinely love this product, so much that it is a running joke at my work. It is such a powerful tool that can do so much. I could write about everything it does and can do, but I don't think there is enough space here. So in short... I highly recommend HubSpot.

Pros

It is an incredibly powerful CRM, Marketing, Sales and Service tool. It can integrate easily with many platforms including Mailchimp, Shopify and WordPress from its extensive app marketplace. The software is also incredibly easy to use and it gives you a clear overview of your leads and clients as well as allowing you to store quotes, files, emails... basically, everything about your lead/client in one easy to access place. The workflows is another amazing tool as it allows you to easily set up an automated marketing funnel for each new lead. I prefer their workflow creation tool, to that of Salesforce, whose automations takes a while for my brain to understand. The HubSpot Academy is another amazing feature that teaches you about almost any aspect of growing your business.

Cons

I only have a few issues with the program.

1) As of date there is no recurring task option yet, so you can't for example set up a reminder to call a client every week for example. I do know that they are busy working on this though.

2) The pricing model is a bit steep, you can either go with the "cheap" plan, which gives you limited features or the "expensive" plans which allow you access to all the awesome features. There is no mid-tier plan for a company that finds the starter plan to limiting and who cannot yet afford the professional or enterprise plans. an example at the time of writing: the marketing hub costs $20 per month for the starter plan and then jumps to $800 per month for the professional plan.

Salesforce for Automotive

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot CRM

Because of their free tier which gives you access to so many great tools already. To my knowledge, there aren't many other platforms out there that are that easy to use that come with a free plan.
Mashudu Hilary

• Customer Support Software

The best way to keep in touch with your customers

Reviewed on 2022-06-30

As a small business, managing my customers has become easier with HubSpot. Everything which I need for customer relationship management is offered by the software. I especially love the lead management feature because that is exactly what a business needs to grow and I can safely say, it has made a huge difference in the relationship which I have with my customers and clients.

Pros

HubSpot CRM is really great because it furnishes my business with a straight forward and powerful software. It has provided me with a robust digital marketing instrument and an arsenal of tools which I can effectively use for sales and customer service. I love how it comes with a lightweight, yet proficient free starter plan for those who might want to take it for a test drive and see how it operates. The subscription model is great as it is divided in tiers so one can purchase a subscription which suits their budget and get features included in that tier. It offers a simple user interface and setting up and maintaining the software is trouble-free. Ever since I started using the software, attracting prospects is no longer a challenge, I am also able to to get business growth strategies through various marketing techniques. With the lead management feature, I can acquire and manage potential clients or custormers effortlessly. In addition to this, the software enables me to schedule appointments and or schedule a client with an advisor. The email management option helps me to send, reply track and organize emails all at once which improves customer service while saving me time. A combination of all these features and more makes me feel really satisfied with the software.

Cons

I have noticed that some features require an upgrade which can become costly for small businesses. In addition to this, the free tier does not come with some automations. Lastly, it would have been nice if they offered a reccuring task option as it would aid in prompting a user to follow up with clients regularly thus the reminder feature leaves much to be desired.

HubSpot Review

Reviewed on 2022-09-26

Use it every day and it's so easy to use and keeps us on track with everything we do from Lead management and deal tracking.

Pros

Ease of use, and UI is fantastic. The deal management and simple UI of this make it so easy to use and keep on top of.

Cons

Calling from it can be hit and miss. Sometimes you just get an error and other times the numbers are blocked because of spam, so have to then turn to the mobile version and there are no issues. I know it's a network thing but still, not very productive to have to switch between desktop & mobile versions to make calls

Zoho CRM and Pipedrive

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot CRM

Recommended by a Peer group and the replacement of Marketing tools, CRM and Deal management all in one pain of glass made making the change easy.
Fernando
Fernando

• Customer Support Software

Best user experience for using a CRM that is ready to scale no matter your company size and...

Reviewed on 2023-08-25

I really like the overall experience with Hubspot and I recommend it because is the more complete and easy to use solution I ever used.

Pros

The user experience is awesome and they have all needed features for a good CRM.Customer support is great.Together with other Hubspot modules and integrations it is a must tool to understand what is happening in your business and how to improve and accelerate growth.

Cons

On the analytics and dashboard area could be more customizable and make deeper analysis and insights.Integration with AI could make it even better.

Salesforce Marketing Cloud

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot CRM

Hubspot is much more reliable and integrated with other modules you could centralize all your customer journey in just one tool.

RD Station

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot CRM

Hubspot was cheaper, more modern, better UX and easier to use
Louisa

Amazing CRM

Reviewed on 2023-11-20

Our experience with Hubspot thus far has been overwhelmingly positive.

Our experience with Hubspot thus far has been overwhelmingly positive.

Pros

I have a strong affinity for HubSpot CRM. Two years ago, I advocated for our company's transition to HubSpot, and I have no regrets. Our committed Customer Success Manager is consistently accessible, and the Support team is both responsive and helpful. While the platform boasts an array of features, which can sometimes feel overwhelming when searching for specific details amid the abundance of options, the HubSpot team is consistently efficient in providing the necessary clarification. This contrasts with our experience with previous solutions, where obtaining help and support was not as easy and straighforward.

Cons

The only qualms I have with HubSpot CRM revolve around some small improvements that I would appreciate seeing implemented. Specifically, it would be great to have the option to select multiple contacts simultaneously using the shift key, rather than having to choose them one by one. This small enhancement would streamline our workflow and contribute to an even more user-friendly experience. Overall, though, my experience with HubSpot CRM has been overwhelmingly positive.

Drew
Drew

HubSpot and Small Business Sales Growth

Reviewed on 2023-12-19

Overall, our experience was positive, and our sales team has no complaints. Again, we find our limiting factor is more on the growth of our service department. HubSpot, is a mobile friendly CRM that works great for a growing sales team. Additional marketing features can be added, but that is a separate cost, unless you have in house marketing talent.

Pros

HubSpot is great at tracking relationships at the individual level. These can be tracked from prospect to conversion, and all related activity can be easily tracked and revisited. Dashboards can be setup to track meta data, but is limited in how it can be customized.

Cons

All of our dislikes in HubSpot are related to the service side. The sales side of this CRM is sufficient or better to other CRM's, but is limited in customizable solutions. This will need to be discussed when considering your companies specific needs.

Salesforce Sales Cloud and monday.com

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot CRM

Sugar CRM was ineffective for us, and was a legacy system I inherited. This was an overall disappointment for our team, so the strategic decision was made to move to HubSpot to better enable our sales team.

SugarCRM

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot CRM

The marketing integration was a recommendation of the marketing company we partnered with for inbound leads. The lead generation did not pan out, but this was not fault of HubSpot.
Javier

HubSpot CRM its Free, Easy to Use and that makes it Extremely Useful

Reviewed on 2018-11-07

I've used several instances of HubSpot CRM in jobs at different corporations as well as help set the CRM to a few clients in the past. The fact that it is Free and extremely easy to use has motivated me to recommend it to many friends, from the smallest individual contractors and freelancers to actually large companies.

Pros

My favorite aspect of HubSpot CRM is the ability to track all activities and link it to other documents. This aspect combined with how quick and easy is to set a reminder for a follow-up call or email, helps me guarantee success with prospects and customers.
The second best aspect, in my opinion, it’s the integration with the HubSpot marketing platform, since I can easily see the workflows that a potential client has had, the downloads that he has made and when he has made interactions in my websites.
But I know that for many people the fact that it is Free and that it connects to many 3rd party Apps, is it most important selling point. Though personally I’ve only connected it to WordPress websites and some Email Marketing platforms.
Lastly, something that I don’t see people talk a lot about, is that the sales pipelines helps close more deals with less work, as it organizes and tracks every aspect and helps it grow and develop in the right direction.

Cons

Only two specific points comes to my mind.
The CRM lacks the ability to add multiple email addresses to a single contact record. Sometimes I start a conversation with a contact through a work email, but then sends some information through a secondary email address. Even though it is something small, I think it limits my capacity to contact.

And also the ability to merge companies would also be of great help, since HubSpot CRM does not have any tool to join the information of the contacts of different organizations.

Laci

An Overly Honest Review

Reviewed on 2019-10-03

Overall, Hubspot is an incredible software with more to offer than I originally thought possible in one system. While there's a lot of room for improvement, they make weekly updates to software. It's continually growing and getting better and it was already very impressive. I have become the cheerleader in my company for Hubspot and if they were a football team, they'd be the team that consistently beats their more talented rivals but doesn't always score against the easy wins. It's frustrating but knowing their talent and that they're truly better than that, you realize that they'll figure it out sooner or later. Go team, go!

Pros

I like the overall ease of use within Hubspot. Tasks like building a landing page or setting up an automation workflow are not longer complicated pieces of code. They're truly user friendly to build, change, and report on. There are so many resources to help you if you do get stuck on anything. Between the blogs, learning academy, ask the community, and actual support... you can find the answer to any question. Sometimes the answer is simply that it cannot be done and then you're prompted to leave your idea in the community to vote on. This feature is another one that I appreciate a lot as we've been told that the communities top voted ideas are the ones the engineers work to bring to light first. If this is true or not is unknown by me, but I do greatly like the idea.

Cons

Hubspot is a wonderful software however, the worst headache a user will have is Hubspot missing many key and often basic features regardless of the level you purchase. They simply don't exist. A couple examples, you cannot schedule reoccurring tasks. This means if you have daily Tasks that you want to add to your Task Queues (another absolute favorite feature) you will have to manually add each daily task. Tasks also don't sync to your Google Calendar. The Conversation Inbox is their most limited feature in my opinion. This is meant to serve as your email system however there are so many holes in it that we were not able to navigate away from our existing email platform. You cannot have folders or multiple inboxes in the same view unless they are the default folders. You cannot make your own at this time. You have to manually add your signature if you are working from the inbox but it will automatically populate if you are working from a contact's page. Hubspot form submission notifications come into your separate email platform visually appealing and easy to read, however this email does not show up on the contacts timeline but instead the information gather is presented in a hard to find expandable note that is not user friendly. More so that pretty Hubspot email does come into Hubspot, it just gets automatically marked as spam due to Hubspots none-changeable rule that anything coming from [email protected] gets marked as spam.

Pat

A user-friendly and efficient CRM

Reviewed on 2019-12-23

Having been in both an admin and sales role in this tool, HubSpot really is a great product overall. As mentioned, when comparing with Salesforce (it's hard not to), HubSpot misses some functionality that is more powerful.

This being said, the efficiency gains from such a clean UI for sales are probably worth it over Salesforce. When evaluating this platform, keep in mind if your team has complex process needs or integrations with ERP systems for finance. If so, it might be worth looking elsewhere. This being said, HubSpot can TOTALLY handle being an enterprise level CRM, but you're going to want to configure appropriately and keep in mind some very minor platform limits.

Pros

The UI HubSpot's worked on here is incredibly intuitive, which can't be said for most CRMs. They've made huge strides in the past few years on the functionality as well.

The fact that the CRM is tied so closely with their marketing automation platform makes sales enablement a breeze. Sales automation features like meetings links and email integrations built right in are super convenient.

Cons

HubSpot CRM still has some work to do in order to get to the granularity of reporting that is expected for enterprise-level customers. It's the only reason I didn't give 5 stars to the functionality piece. There are some basic SDR type reporting needs that take a little bit of finessing in HubSpot CRM, and nuances from an admin perspective like comparing date fields can be tricky. At times, the user friendliness may have come at a cost of greater complexity, but sometimes it's better to keep it simple anyway.

Yann
Yann
  • Industry: Online Media

• Customer Support Software

A solid tool to get started with CRM

Reviewed on 2021-04-29

Using HubSpot CRM in my business has been crucial because it has enabled me to have a better understanding of what's happening.

There's a database of contacts I can nurture, a sales pipeline that shows me what's happening and tasks that make sure that no more leads fall through the cracks and that no more deal opportunities are lost because they aren't being pursued.

I highly recommend HubSpot CRM to someone who's just getting started with Customer Relationship Management or even a small business owner that want to leverage a sale to manage leads and the sales pipeline and who wants to do so on a shoestring budget (since the tool is mostly free).

Pros

I really liked the fact that HubSpot CRM is relatively easy to use. The navigation between its different sections and features is smooth.

The sales pipeline section lets you visualize what's happening at each of your stage pipeline, while sale forecasting shows you how much you'd be making if you were to close X deals.

Plus, there's the smartphone app: an excellent way to keep track of things and carry out tasks even when you're on the go.

Cons

The main con of HubSpot CRM, which is also true to other "freemium" tools, is the fact that certain features are only available in the paid plan(s).

That's not an issue itself but the fact that the paid plans don't cost $10 or so each month but much more than that, may lead a user facing the question 'Do I want to invest that kind of money or should I look for a more inexpensive option?'

Pipedrive

HubSpot Partner Agency's Honest Review of the HubSpot CRM

Reviewed on 2017-12-13

Time, Insights and the most personalized communications with any Sales Qualified Leads assigned to me. I can see what website pages they have viewed, the emails they opened or click on, the content offers they have downloaded, their social media profiles and their company information.

This is really useful when you are trying to reach a contact but not come across as "salesy" or "sleazy." You can tailor your outreach to the things you know they are most interested in because the HubSpot CRM gives you all that information in one single Contact Record.

The tracking capabilities are as great as the HubSpot Marketing Platform's tracking capabilities. This makes the entire cycle of creating brand awareness and expertise to increase your sales opportunities and customers, so simple and seamless.

You can tie everything back to the overall ROI for your business, which is what most executives care about. They need bottom-line results, and the HubSpot CRM already provides you with these bottom line reports with charts, numbers and professional look.

Pros

I love how everything about a contact is all in one place. From the first moment, they visit your website, to every conversion they've made on your website, all contacts with the company they've had, any meetings, calls, or emails. It's all right there in the Contact Record of the CRM.

This helps the marketing and sales team implement "Smarketing" in a seamless manner. Sales reps have all the marketing data in order to tailor their sales approach to a contact. Marketing has all the sales qualification necessities to add to their lead scoring system, so they can intelligently pass off marketing qualified leads to the sales team once they reach a specific score.

It tracks all the sales representative's performance, interactions, productivity and more. This helps sales managers know what their team is doing and how well they are doing at all times.

You also have a Deals section, where you can track all sales opportunities that have potential to become a customer and their path to either becoming a customer or a lost sales opportunity. That gives HubSpot the ability to better forecast your sales month-to-month for bottom line reports.

I love how you can call a contact directly from their contact record in the CRM, record it, take notes, and see all the information in front of you while you're speaking to them. That helps sales professionals increase their sales calls productivity and outcomes.

The HubSpot CRM can also integrate with your Gmail and Office 365.

Cons

The downside to the CRM is the limitation of integrating with your Gmail or Office 365. If you do not have your email or business hosted by Google/Gmail or Office 365, then it cannot fully integrate into your email system. The ability to have all the features of the HubSpot CRM right within your Inbox saves a lot of time and hassle of having to open up the HubSpot CRM and perform your tasks and communications there with a SQL.

There's the option to use IMAP with Microsoft Exchange if your company is hosted by another platform but still uses Microsoft 16 Exchange for your email service. But the drawback to this is that it is a bumpy road to setting up, and you do not have all the features and capabilities that you would have normally with Office 365 and a Business Gmail Account.

The price is also a common issue. HubSpot offers a free CRM but there are great limitations to this free CRM. It forces you to pay for the Sales Pro which is costly to add on to your other costs for the HubSpot platform such as the HubSpot CMS, MAP & Marketing.

With that being said, there are other CRMs that integrate with the HubSpot platform as an alternative and cheaper solution to having a robust CRM. The best one I have seen accomplish this is the BlueCamroo CRM.

Harry
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Surely it can do that?

Reviewed on 2021-10-14

Pros

This review relates solely to Hubspot's Sales module, and not the Marketing package. Our small business utilises Hubspot for lead management and conversion tracking - I can't speak to Hubspot's other functionalities in the marketing field. Hubspot's Sales free and growth bundles are great value; offering start-up businesses with the basic tools required for recording correspondence with leads and tracking conversions. However...

Cons

As your business grows you naturally seek out greater efficiencies achieved through CRM automation services (e.g. automated follow-up emails to stay front of mind with prospects) - it's at this point you upgrade to the costly Professional package because the business case stacks up, right?

This is where Hubspot falls over. Everything (I cannot iterate this enough, literally everything) you would logically expect the software to support or enable isn't available. Credit to them, their support function does try to help but they are severally handcuffed by the limitations imposed by backend engineers and software architects. The tech supports can only try to provide convoluted/half baked work around solutions but often these result in additional implications and barriers downstream.

The nail in the coffin for our business was when we tried to setup automated email sequences (a 101), but learnt that you cannot enrol contacts into these processes when sending emails 'from' the shared/team/company email (e.g. sales@... or info@...) - rather, Hubspot requires users to send from their individual email (e.g. [email protected])

Have you ever corresponded with any business via a personalised email address? Whether I'm communicating with the local mechanic or Apple, I never email [SENSITIVE CONTENT] You engage with a shared mailbox e.g. sales or support or info@apple...

It's no brainers like this that force you to question Hubspot's services.