SharpSpring

Affordable marketing automation for all business sizes

4.6/5

• Industry: Insurance Software
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

A great software alternative to Marketo or Pardot

Reviewed on 2021-03-23

It's a great platform overall. Expect great customer support, but also plan for a lot of time setting up automation workflows and action groups. But the tool will do what you need it to do, and then some.

Pros

The biggest plus is its affordability - all the features you need at a price that is accessible. It has all the core functions one needs in a marketing automation platform, with a powerful sales pipeline and lead management component that provides an exceptional, integrated experience. Added bonuses are chatbox and book-time features included in the price, and the ability to sync Outlook emails to a contact's record. Lead scoring

Cons

The email editor can be a bit clunky and formatting copy and layouts can be finicky. The email previewer can be cumbersome. Visual workflows can be arduous to make

Marketo Engage, Pardot and HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

I left one company where I used Marketo (as a Certified Marketo Expert) and advocated for a cheaper solution at the company where I now work. It's been an excellent choice and the platform has not disappointed.

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring

Purely for the cost. It's so much more affordable and it makes it accessible to a lot more companies without a huge financial commitment. The tool's functionality, the onboarding, and the customer support has been second-to-none.
Don R.

Functional Middle Market Software

Reviewed on 2020-10-23

Overall, I'm very happy with my expereince with SharpSpring. I think it is a functional tool that is easy to use and it feels good to have check lists and to do's that are easy to set up.

I like using this software.

Pros

I love using this software on a daily basis and using it to manage my leads. As a salesperson, it is challenging to find a CRM that actually works for you, not where you have to work for it. I like the ease of use with the kanban boards as well as the marketing automation for drip campaigns.

Cons

The mobile app is inoperable and not relevant. Sometimes the search feature is challenging to use- sometimes you need to use the companies name, sometimes you have to use the contacts name. When working in the drip campaigns you have to be really specific about which dates you select.

HubSpot CRM and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

The ease of use for marketing automation and ability to synchronize emails for communication transparency.

Zoho CRM

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring

Pricing, ease of use, and presentation from the SharpSpring staff. Hubspot made us feel like we were taking up their time and not valued. Salesforce was too much for what we needed. SharpSpring made us feel valued and explained their product well by asking us questions first and tailoring their presentation around our needs, not just sending us through a powerpoint.
John S.

Best ROI for Small Medium Sized Business

Reviewed on 2020-08-03

We are one of the earliest SharpSpring agencies and users. We selected SharpSpring for its price/performance for SMB companies. We have worked extensively with HubSpot, Marketo, Pardot and others - but for small businesses, it is hard to beat the full-stack solution and feature set in SharpSpring.

Pros

Complete integrated tech stack for marketing and sales that includes the core functionality a business needs to execute full-funnel marketing and sales campaigns and manage the sales pipeline.

Cons

SmartMail provides 1:1 direct IMAP email, but it would be nice if there was a sales-driven email automation feature for low volume 1:1 emails to prospects.

Marketo Engage, Pardot and Keap

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

Price performance and the agency model. SharpSpring provides lartely equivalent functionality for 1/3 the cost and the agency model is better.

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring

Cost effectiveness, ease of use, full stack functionality (CRM and Marketing Automation) and the strong agency model
Linsey C.

My Secret Weapon

Reviewed on 2020-05-04

I love this product so much that I take it with me from role to role -- and it is always the legacy that I leave behind. It allows me to make a huge impact in a short period of time.

Pros

For several years now, SharpSpring has been my secret weapon. I work largely with educational, startup, and nonprofit ventures - so we are always resource constrained. SharpSpring's platform allows me to leverage a small (or solo) shop into something of competitive size, then scale up as we grow. And it doesn't break the bank. When you're working with a skeletal or non-existent team, the ease of use and customer support become critical: SharpSpring always "wows" me on this. Plus, the automation lets me optimize the resources I have while the intelligence tools keep me from wasting time on projects with low ROI. SharpSpring delivers the functionality that gets me noticed by the higher ups. (In one role, we doubled all major KPIs within a year's time.) I couldn't do my job without it!

Cons

Marketing Intelligence software is complex and the learning curve can be challenging, even with great support. Also, not everything in SharpSpring is where I expect it to be - I often use the chat support function to find tools. Oh, and if you are West Coast, start your SharpSpring projects early as chat support wanes after 3pm Pacific due to the company being headquartered in Florida.

Pardot

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

Value for cost, functionality, and assurance that we weren't going to be 'nickle and dimed' as we grew in our needs, scope, etc.

Salesforce Essentials

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring

Pardot gets expensive fast. I'd love to add familiarity with the product to my resume - but the price puts it out of range for most of the organizations I've worked with thus far.
Ryan C.

Economical and POWERFUL Marketing Automation Solution

Reviewed on 2020-04-29

SharpSpring is a great tool and I have been so pleased with the automation and resources I have at my fingertips. The have great new features coming out all the time and their customer service and team members are always so helpful and enjoyable to talk to.

Pros

All the marketing automation is incredible and so easy to use. We have been using the chatbot feature and love it! It is easy to set up and we have it integrated with Slack to make the ability to manage it simple. The email automation and workflow automation makes me day to day job so easy as well. I can set up new prospects in my sales workflow and they get moved down my funnel with just automation. It saves me a ton of time.

Cons

I love SharpSpring but the overall user interface is not the most beautifully designed one. However, I am getting so many features and resources for an incredible price that this is not a big issue at all. And it really isn't that bad.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

HubSpot is a great service and is beautifully designed but I felt that I was being overcharged for tools that I didn't need and the ones I did need I couldn't scale it without paying an arm and a leg. For a smaller marketing agency, SharpSpring is the way to go. Great price, great service, and great tools!

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring

Better price, better service, and better tools!
Chris L.

• Customer Support Software

Excellent value well functioning marketing automation software

Reviewed on 2020-04-02

The cost savings (literally thousands of pounds) of SharpSpring vs comparable suppliers is significant.. My team also finds the functionality and user experience to be much cleaner, meaning we use more features compared to our previous provider. Overall we are happy we migrated from our previous supplier to SharpSpring

Pros

We moved to SharpSpring from another leading marketing automation software provider and SharpSpring provide 95% of the features for less than half the cost. The software itself is easy to understand and navigate (much easier than our previous system) and the support team are responsive, friendly and helpful. We've been very happy with our migration to SharpSpring and intend to be a user for the foreseeable future. It meets our needs as a specialist life science marketing agency perfectly.

Cons

There are some features that are missing from SharpSpring vs our previous provider, but on balance we felt that either 1. We wouldn't use them 2. We could live without them for the cost savings and other benefits of SharpSpring. Dynamic forms would be great to have, and the analytics sometimes don't match our other analytics software. What I will say is that SharpSpring seem more responsive to requests for new features vs our old provider.

Kevin D.

• Customer Support Software

Must have for marketing and sales in growing business

Reviewed on 2020-01-14

I can't speak highly enough for the great staff. I have mentioned them in another part of this review, but they really have been a lifesaver going above and beyond. For example, I am not really comfortable with CSS and wanted a certain form to be two columns. I asked for reference material on how to make it happen. They sent me the materials AND the code to place in my form. AWESOME!!!!!

Pros

Everything you need to grow a business is in one place. The interface is easy to use and very intuitive. However, my favorite part of the company is the awesome support staff! Migrating from another platform, there is always a learning curve and workflow adjustment. If there was something we didn't know how to achieve in SharpSpring their friendly staff would explain with great detail how to get it done and integrate into the workflow we created.

Cons

Their social posting, responding section of the software is still a bit weak and we do utilize another piece of software to get this done, but we remember their software is about the automation and converting leads to customers and it does that very well, so this is an easy area to compromise.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

The price point was the biggest initial reason. We moved from another large product that pieced everything together making it out of reach for the smaller businesses. SharpSpring has all the major pieces as one at a lower cost. Had I known about the great customer service... I would have moved over a long time ago!

HubSpot Sales Hub

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring

Price Price Price.... and now... Service Service Service!!!!! They really care about my business doing well and help with non-product related questions. As I mentioned prior, they go above and beyond!
Brooks M.

• Customer Support Software

A powerful platform, but still has a long way to go

Reviewed on 2019-11-20

We use Sharpspring for email automation, marketing automation, lead tracking, reporting, as a CRM, and as a sales tool. It allows us to track contact interactions from first touchpoint through sale. It has been a huge help.

Pros

My favorite thing about Sharpspring is the ability to track and analyze the entire life of a lead, from start to finish. It allows us to optimize our funnels and nurture prospects from interest to sale. It is a really powerful tool and offers (almost) everything you need for marketing automation from automated workflows to landing pages and forms to email design. I also love their lead scoring.

Cons

Though it offers a lot of features, it's not all that usable compared to similar products. There are countless small usability issues. Landing pages are pretty difficult to create. Support is usually great – but can at times be entirely unhelpful. Automation has some key features other tools allow. Overall, there are just a lot of features that still need to be added in order to really compete.

BenchmarkONE, ActiveCampaign and Keap

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

Price was the primary reason.

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring

We really needed a robust CRM for longer B2B buying cycles. Though all other tools were awesome, Sharpspring won out there.
Anna F.

SharpSpring user for 4+ years

Reviewed on 2019-07-31

We really are able to do so much more with our marketing. We can see the interaction of clients with our marketing as a whole, not just off of one campaign. We can trigger emails and actions based on their behaviors which is very beneficial.

Pros

Being a Partner for 4+ years has allowed us to grow with them. When they were a startup, we were able to really see the changes the partners were requesting and the software has come a long way. They really value their Partners (agencies).

Cons

Sometimes SharpSpring likes to release new features, while they need to also work on continually improving their existing features.

Act-On, Pardot and HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

Marketo was very expensive and did not allow us to resell to clients. Also not user friendly.

Marketo Engage

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring

Much less expensive and really built for agencies like us. The others also really charged a lot for the number of contacts we would have, making them not feasible.
Dan G.

• Customer Support Software

SharpSpring is a phenomenal marketing automation platform.

Reviewed on 2017-05-19

Pros

SharpSpring is a sleek system that offers outstanding tools for marketing automation. We researched a lot of platforms ranging from free to $1000s before going with SharpSpring. They have just the right amount of features that makes it the most useful for all of our clients, leaving off the bells and whistles that would inflate the price.

Their interface is top-tier which makes using their system a breeze. The dashboard gives you a comprehensive look at everything you're running. Moving around the system is super simple and they make it easy to jump to different areas when you're building a sales program. I'd urge you to check out all the features on their website because there are too many to list, but I can say that what they have offered us is unbelievably comprehensive.

We've also taken full advantage of their support which is outstanding. They have always been knowledgable and very friendly. Moreover, they won't let you off the phone until they are sure that the problem has been resolved! They also offer FREE continuing education programs like webinars to help make you more proficient at their program.

SharpSpring is a superior marketing automation platform, with a very intuitive interface and offer the kind of support we have rarely seen in tech companies. They have worked harder to earn and keep our business than any other vendor we've ever worked with. You would do yourself a giant favor to give their system a test drive.

Cons

I was not prepared for the steep learning curve that is required to take full advantage of this platform. I was a bit discouraged at first by everything there was to learn but I realized it's part of working with such a comprehensive platform. It's like moving to a new town and trying to figure out all the roads and highways. I don't know if that's really a con but it is something you must be aware of. You're going to need to spend some serious time learning it but once you do, navigating the system easily becomes second nature.

Kevin H.
  • Industry: Human Resources

• Customer Support Software

Sharpspring is a terrific marketing automation tool that provides great value

Reviewed on 2016-09-30

Our experience with Sharpspring has been great. A trememdous value for our company that has already shown us ROI. Our company uses Sharpspring for both marketing automation and as our CRM tool. Specifically, Sharpspring is allowing us to target prospects in our database to fill top of the sales funnel with prospects, as well as allowing us to nurture specific prospects based on their engagement with us. Depending on an action a prospect takes, we can serve up the appropriate response automatically to further cultivate this person. In addition, we are able to use the analytics the system provides to better help us understand which marketing activities are working and which ones are not

Pros

It is easy to use. There is a learning curve, but it is not that steep. The list building logic and workflow logic just makes sense, and I think this is where Sharpspring shines. SharpSpring's support was critical to our success in getting started, as getting started truly is the hardest part. The responsiveness from their support team is also incredible. If you are not looking for all the bells and whistles that you ultimately won't use, Sharpspring is a true value.

Cons

The improvements I would like to see in Sharpspring centers around the contact management part of their solution. We have sales people that are using the system as their CRM and some basic features like searching, segmenting, and sorting are not available to a person in the sales person role permission.

Rafael Z.

• Customer Support Software

I recommend this to everyone!

Reviewed on 2017-01-12

Overall I give this tool 5 stars, A's all across, two thumbs up, a wink and a smile. As I mentioned, I have been using the tool now for 4 years and have quite a bit of experience using their competitors and so-called "market leaders". I love Sharp Spring it does everything, at a value you can hardly compare.

Pros

Sharp Spring provides me and my clients with several advantages over its competition (like Eloqua, Marketo, Pardot, Infusionsoft). First of all, you can not beat their licensing value. Each license comes with unlimited users. This alone beats all the competition. Secondly, they have integrated an awesome CRM (missing in all the other marketing automation tools) so you do not have to go out and buy licenses for that. Lastly, it is a COMPLETE marketing automation system with true behavioral marketing capabilities.

Cons

At first, I had a hard time understanding how they do automation. I was used to using a drag and drop "visualization" interface to build drip campaigns. I also had a bit of a hard time getting used to their nomenclature. The way that automation processes are set up in Sharp Spring are through two things... Tasks (which I was used to calling triggers) and Workflow (which I was used to calling task automation). You can see how it was confusing for me. Well I learned it, it was not that hard, and I actually see now how it is a way superior way to program automation then using visual aids that would be cumbersome to try to set up and manage in large scale automation projects.

I LOVE SHARPSPRING

Reviewed on 2020-11-10

Sharpspring has allowed me to generate new clients and also provide marketing automation services that have helped increase my sales

Pros

I like Sharpspring because it is easy to use and complete. It has very good tools for segmentation of email lists and tracking of leads and sellers.

Cons

I think I could improve the list segmentation and add other social networks for publication.

ActiveCampaign

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring

The pressure from Sharpspring was important to the decision to start using it and the special values ​​for agencies.
Clifford J.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

SharpSpring is my #1 system of choice

Reviewed on 2016-06-21

I have consulted and implemented over 300 marketing automation cases since 2008 when I became of Infusinsoft's top-ten rated consultants, partners until May of 2016.

Prior to parting ways with Infusionsoft with which we had great success, I needed to find a better system for my needs and the clients I was serving. I wanted to explode the size of my email and prospect list without blowing my budget.

When I found SharpSpring I fell in love because of their approach to serving partners and customers. They don't try to be all things to all people. SharpSpring sells through approved consulting and training partners like me, and many digital marketing agencies as well.

Pros

The software does what it is intended to do. It is not all things to all people like some of their competitors pretend to be. SharpSpring is killer marketing automation, light CRM and big-time sales enablement. It is not for wimps.

Like with any sales enablement and marketing automation solution, choose wisely, include your key players in the selection process and be prepared to hire a pro and pay them to make this software perform.

Unless you like making your own paperclips, don't try to put yourself in the marketing automation business. It's nuts to think you can do this on top of your own business unless you have a serious, full time pilot to help administrate this bad boy for maximum ROI.

You do want ROI, don't you?

Cons

Not much to dislike when you make an informed decision. There are no tricks, gimmicks or lame sales practices.

Attila N.

• Customer Support Software

The best tool to automate sales and marketing processes

Reviewed on 2019-10-11

SharSpring is really an easy-to-use tool for marketing automation, meaning that it's easy to understand how the product works and navigate within the system. SharpSpring comes with various functionalities in not only automating processes, but getting insights what's happening on our websites and how to set up actions based on this. We use it in a B2B environment when its lead nurturing processes are critical and very useful.

Pros

- Easy to use
- Comes with great documentation to learn how each features work
- Support is just awesome
- The product continously updated and developed. New features are launche regularly.

Cons

Small bugs are sometimes issued with the latest functionalities, but these are fixed pretty quickly.

Campaign Monitor and HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring

We found that SharpSpring has many features just like HubSpot has, however it can be purchased on a lower price. The value SharpSpring brings to us worth the money. Better than other tools!
Rockefeller M.

SharpSpring Marketing Automation

Reviewed on 2020-02-26

SharpSpring has a very quick implementation process and is very easy to learn. Within the first 30 days of having SharpSpring we already ran 2 separate email campaigns for 2 separate clients. Their representatives check in with us frequently so we never feel like we're on our own. Our next challenge will be selling SharpSpring to prospects/clients.

Pros

The amazing customer support that is offered. Anytime I have a question I can either look it up myself in their library of resources with tutorials and instructional videos, or I can call their partner support line and speak to a real person who even follows up after the call to make sure all of the needs were met.

Cons

I wish you could edit Life of Lead to be able to put custom events in there. We uploaded a prospect database we had been tracking since 2017 and it had every time we touched a prospect. Unfortunately, once we uploaded this list into SharpSpring we were not able to edit their Life of Lead prior to the upload date. While this is barely an issue, it would be nice to see how long we have been tracking some of these prospects to give us a better prediction at how many touches it takes for a prospect to convert to a customer.

Lead Forensics

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring

SharpSpring seemed like the best deal on the market by far. For only a few hundred dollars a month we were able to start using our first marketing automation/CRM software. With SharpSpring you are able to cut off using other services, so we are actually paying less than we did before, but getting so much more in return!
Derek P.
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

Our Smartest Decision

Reviewed on 2019-07-10

We have integrated Sharpspring with other software systems which has been seamless and has allowed us to develop a really powerful platform. The nature of the software system means that as we keep refining our processes we are just getting better and better.
The support and attitude of Sharpspring has been brilliant and they are a pleasure to deal with.

Pros

Sharpspring is totally focused on the important features of being able to deliver a world class marketing automation system at a incomprehensibly low price. With new features being added on a very regular basis this powerful platform really does it all.
Our business would probably not exist without Sharpspring as it has become central to to most of our business processes. Having previously used other systems I can testify to Sharpspring's ease of use and effectiveness.

Cons

When we initially implemented the software there were a couple of features which were not available; however, over the past couple of years these issues have been addressed and the rate of developed is really impressive. Our initial concern that, compared to other platforms, Sharpspring might not keep pace with market developments have been completely dispelled and in fact they exceed the development of their industry peers

Mike K.

• Customer Support Software

Sharpspring the most complete marketing automation software you can get in this price range!

Reviewed on 2019-08-02

We use this software for the "marketing automation" catch leads and convert them to customers (for us but also our custumers). I have been using other tools and they tend to be FAR to big and overwhelming.

So my experience is that i can easy train others to use SharpSpring and let marketing and sales work together in the tool and with the tool.

Pros

- Price
- Easy of use
- Easy to implement and learn
- Fast support
- Active community and many updates
- Possible to have skype calls and team sessions with SharpSpring to spar.

Cons

- The Social Media part in the software is not optimal, we still use other software next to it.
- CRM feature is small, great for small companies, but bigger ones can come short.

Marketo Engage and HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring

After running the demo of each software, the price, easy of use, and SharpSpring had a better fit with our type of costumers.
Laura M.

Smart - Inexpensive - Easy to Use - Customizable

Reviewed on 2019-10-25

Awesome tool for an agency

Pros

It's flexibility and value for the money

Cons

nothing to report so far

Pardot

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

Once you get hooked into Hubspot, they start increasing the price rapidly as soon as you start adding more emails over a certain amount. No flexibility for agencies.

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring

I had already used Marketo, Pardot, and Hubspot, but Shaprspring was the best value with the best package for agencies.

Things could be better.

Reviewed on 2020-06-02

I'm a one-person business, I've used the software for about 3 months, in between signing on customers for my digital marketing business that doesn't include SharpSpring and I'm a startup so I really don't have time to learn everything I need to know to sell the system. It would have offered me more trust in the company if they understood the work involved in creating all of the content and trying to deploy it as a single person. The tools are stupendous, love the integration ideas. I think the architecture of the system is sort of convoluted and confusing, it really makes little sense, but you know, you get what you pay for, so having an IT background, I figured it would be no big deal to learn the system. Well, training takes 18 months, at best, to learn the program if you're a one person show. I don't have the budget to continue paying for this while I'm trying to learn it. So, I'm going to sell the license for now and work on learning the system. It really isn't bad, it's just built sort of weird.

Pros

The things I like most about SharpSpring are the email build, landing page builder, form builder (sort of), the idea of the content calendar, and the cool thing we can do with social listening. I usually use hashtagify or some other application for social listening so finding out about SharpSpring's ability was cool.

When you have a real problem and you're a vendor, the company really steps up

Cons

The content calendar deployment is a joke. Sometimes it will deploy all of the content and some times it won't, it will just deploy pieces. You can schedule emails and social together, I don't dare try that until they fix the application.

The VisualID application isn't much better.

The training could be better, it's all in videos.

Janice T.

• Customer Support Software

Great for our team and for our customers.

Reviewed on 2020-08-11

SharpSpring has been a great choice for our agency. We are only starting to use it and love it. I can't wait as we continue to deploy more customers and use it to the full potential for ourselves as well.

Pros

I love the ease of use and flexibility of SharpSpring for my company and for my customers.

Cons

Since I use this to manage customers and my sales team I really need the ability to have more control over being able to have the sales team see all customers and contacts but only the name and contact so they can see this is a current client. The only way they can do that is by giving them the ability to also access all other contact information including emails. If you manage a competitive sales team that can cause problems. I need them to focus on their customers and not have the ability to look at what other salespeople are doing with their customer's interaction, etc. but they do need to know who is a customer so they know who to and who not to call on.

HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring

Flexibility and easy of use. Also the price point and contract terms are much more favorable.
Johanna G.
  • Industry: Sports

• Customer Support Software

A good tool for marketing automation

Reviewed on 2016-09-20

Overall, SharpSpring meets our needs. We do not need a full content management system (ala HubSpot), but we needed a more flexible email marketing tool and a good way to drive leads for our sales team.

Pros

- Marketing automation tool easy to use after a few passes, and has a lot of flexibility around triggers and options.
- Forms are great for collecting lead information elsewhere (we use largely with Leadpages) and automatically pulling that data into SharpSpring/contacting the appropriate rep within our company.
- Reporting is pretty good; I really appreciate the ability to drill into the email reports on an individual basis.
- Self-help documents are pretty good.

Cons

- Customer service is weak (aside from onboarding). It took a long time (over a month) to resolve an integration issue, and in general customer support is slow to respond and not very knowledgeable.
- Email builder is just OK, and customization options on forms are limited. I would love to be able to better manipulate the look of the forms we use.
- Landing Page tool is new, and I expect it to improve, but it's clunky and hard to build what I want at this time.
- There is sometimes a lag in reporting that makes it hard to confirm in real-time if an email has gone out/an import is loaded, etc.

Andrew M.

Amazing Enterprise-level Marketing Automation + Integrated CRM Platform

Reviewed on 2020-04-21

SharpSpring has saved us time and money by bringing together everything we need internally, as well as the needs of our clients, into one platform. Having the ability to dedicate time to only leads that truly show an interest in working with us, as well as, to see that interest with the click of a button is amazing.

Pros

SharpSpring is a game-changer! Getting an all-in-one platform that allows us to go from capturing lead information and behavior all the way through to identifying qualified leads through marketing campaigns is amazing. Having one place for marketing emails, landing pages, social media, blogging, meetings, video chats, and more is almost unheard of. Match that with a really robust CRM that tracks leads, beautifully outlines the life of a lead, and allows you to easily manage the sales pipeline and one-on-one engagements with pre-qualified leads with lead scoring is amazing.

Cons

Seriously, there isn't much negative to say about this platform. The onboarding was amazing, the self-guided trainings were awesome, it's a great platform. The only downside is it's not as "pretty" as some platform, but hey, I'd rather have a functioning product helping me make more money and something pretty to look at.

Laura G.
  • Industry: Online Media

Why we think SharpSpring is Super

Reviewed on 2020-06-30

I have been using SharpSpring for many years now. The system is stable, my campaigns are delivered successfully. When I did have a problem their support team were super eager to help. With SharpSpring I can confidently offer my clients a full marketing service . I give them a thumbs up !

Pros

SharpSpring online marketing platform is super easy to use, can automate mailing list management, is easy to use / edit the email templates and add a customized field. I also like the reporting, you can see who opened and received the email campaign, who clicked on what. The support are super friendly and helpfull too

Cons

The action groups and workflow process is a bit tricky at first.

Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to SharpSpring

The automation of the mailing lists, the easy to use WYSWIG and html editor to create our custom designed newsletters, The reports so we can measure success and also the variable fields we could use to personalize messages. We can also have multiple accounts access and role management for our clients.
Warwick K.

The pick of SMB MA platforms

Reviewed on 2019-01-27

It's been very positive - the support is great, generally waiting only for the time difference (ET > SYD, AUST -16hrs). They are happy to jump on a call to talk things through even directly with your clients.

They provide opportunity to Feature Request and demo the product to your Clients if you need to.

Overall rating 8.5/10

Keep it up, SharpSpring!

Pros

I like the fact that it does what it says on the box. More often than not you sign up and then find out if you want to do this or do that, it's additional cost - not with SharpSpring. Although they have a 3rd party APP Marketplace for plugins or API connecting codes, SharpSpring has native access to GA, Google Adwords (Optional) and Social connectors such as Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter - still waiting for Insta to be available.

No minimum commitment, no lock in contracts, unlimited partner support (phone & email), healthy number of contacts and emails each month and most importantly no forced tiered pricing approach - everything can be available from day 1.

With a dedicated on-boarding representative for the first 60 days, you have every opportunity to get off on the right foot.

But the biggest PRO is the fact that it has been built with a business like mine at the forefront of their GTM thinking, allowing me to build a business using some very affordable and powerful software for my clients to adopt MA without being charged like a wounded bull!

Cons

There's not many 'Cons' but simply a couple of teething problems like you would expect and get with most SaaS platform- my thoughts - you can't be everything, to everybody, every time.

Areas such as fonts, layout and the landing page construct could be improved but you've always got support on hand to help you through it plus they have a product development page you can view.