Front

Email management software and shared inbox for teams

4.5 /5 (199 reviews) Write a Review!
4.5
4.2
4.4
4.5
4.4
Jessica S.
Industry: Biotechnology

Multiplayer email! Can't believe some people don't use this

Reviewed on 2020-05-25

Fantastic! We are a team of two, and one of us is the main visionary, the other is the one communicating with customers. We needed a quick and efficient way of having one person write an email, the other person check it and add notes, and both parties okaying it before sending. Also, with customer support, it's nice to be able to store responses I use a lot, and quickly modify them to suit the individual recipient. Front helps us in these two ways, primarily, and that makes it by far worth the money.

Pros

Being able to chat with coworkers about emails before they send. Being able to take over a draft someone else wrote, and send from my account, and share drafts with colleagues and have them edit, take them over, OR just give them back to me. Basically it's multiplayer mode for email. And I love the canned responses feature.

Cons

There are issues with the canned responses that make it not 100% efficient. Example: hard to filter canned responses other than by keyword in the title, not easy to make quick edits to them or replace an old one. Maybe because not everyone likes that feature other than me. But it still works and I have confidence it will improve in the future.

Jan Z.
Industry: Biotechnology

We wouldn't be the same without Front

Reviewed on 2020-05-28

Front is the backbone of communications, from talking with customers, taking care of signups and inquiries and handling customer support, Front lets us do all of that remotely.

Pros

Front helps us respond so much faster as we collaborate on high impact messages and it lets us know what each other's doing. The support team is also really fast and reliable.

Cons

Runs on Electron, so can be a bit slow. Some missing features but the team is iterating really quickly.

Derek B.
Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Front ~ Showing You What Email Can Really Do

Reviewed on 2020-04-07

Overall my experience with Front has been very great. In terms of many vendors we deal with our company, Front is at the top. They are their because they are truly relationship minded and that is hard to find in companies. Especially companies in the field of technology. Our company is truly thankful for Front and value their company and employees. You truly get a great experience from their product to their people, and that says a lot about a company.

Pros

I believe the product is very easy to use. Especially for someone that is on a computer daily for work, this product is very streamline and functional in terms of being user friendly. The admin needs to have some tech savy to them to operate and set up, but truly that was not anything difficult. For a company that time is truly our job we need to be on par with everything that is going on. With Front that dream is possible as we can all be on one email communicating with their Comment function and never have to email out. This prevents any miss communication or double communication. Efficiency is taken to an all time high. With other email platforms you can't have all your company on one email, other than outlook I believe, but it still fails to compare to the functions and ease of Front. Especially that no one misses out on an email if someone does archive it. Sense Front saves a personal file for you! Truly they mind and soul for this product was truly to help productivity, efficiency and the customer experience which birth Front.

Cons

It is hard to really give it a straight con, as it is a growing software and just in the yearish we have used them I have seen it grown so fast. It would be wrong to brand it cons but more so improvements that are on its way. I didn't realize this truly at the start till Front personally reaches out and gets to know you and you to them. A improvement I see growing is the support line. Depending on the nature of your business you need this more so than others in a more timely manner. Our company being time based we need things fixed fast to provide our job. Front does the best to their availability to do this, but its still a growing improvement. I know I am not going to get someone in five minutes, but for sure within the hour and once then I will be able to get immediate help till the solution is at hand. Another improvement is their reports. Due to the nature of our business this has helped us out a lot but with all the variables we have it is hard to get a true accurate report. It has base functions that will help any company, but for diving into even finer details its not there...yet. Least to say I would die on a hill to say there are truly no cons, but truly just improvements I see coming and know they are continuing to work on. You can't hop in a car without knowing how to drive and expect to drive. Takes time to master anything, but you see how you can't live without once you learn a little about it.

Paul S.
Industry: Accounting

The Best Team Collaboration Tool!

Reviewed on 2019-12-19

My team is able to be more efficient and we all can see past comments and such so it makes our team more cohesive. Many times the client doesn't even know which team member they're speaking to because we are so united...because of Front. We are able to create Asana tasks directly from our Front inbox which saves some time. I am able to stay more organized and keep the cleanest inbox that I've ever had in my entire 20+ years of work experience. I can't believe that I could even live without Front before. I don't see how I can ever go back to the old way of just sending e-mails and losing the collaboration function that Front provides. One problem that many people have is tagging an e-mail as backup for a task or the like. With the permalink feature, we're now able to attach an e-mail string to any Asana task so that the we can quickly refer back to the e-mail without screenshots and the like. It's so much easier now to keep all of our information together without an overload of e-mail messages.

Pros

I love being able to comment to teammates and to create a client-specific e-mail for our clients to respond to in order for collaboration to be smoother and for communication to be shared. I like being able to share drafts with my team so that they can review and even send if needed. If my direct reports want an e-mail to come from me but want to be sure I say exactly what they want to be heard then they just type up the e-mail, share the draft and @mention me, I edit it, my signature automatically attaches and then I send the e-mail as if I had written it. It's actually quite brilliant instead of sending an e-mail to one person to review, you can share it and everyone can see the edits. I like how you can immediately see at the top the tags of whose folder you're in so that you don't have to search through the e-mail to realize where you may be or which client you're working with. I also like the feature that lets you know if one of your colleagues archive the message that you're currently looking at. It helps to know this so that you know whether or not you need to reply to the message or assume that they're still going to respond. I also love how we can snooze an e-mail until later so they don't junk up the inbox. I am usually terrible at just leaving my inbox full with unnecessary messages that I forget to get back to until it's too late. With Snooze, I now say goodbye for now and get it out of my mind completely and then am reminded of it at the appointed time.

Cons

I haven't really found anything that I don't like yet. One thing that may improve but is not a big deal is that tagging folders at the top right does not always work but if I drag the message to that folder then it does work. It would be nice if you could add an Asana task from Front without adding it to a project. For example, if it's a private task that I don't want shared with anyone else then I should either be able to make it private or not add it to a shared project. I was going to say that I would love to make reactions to the comments placed in Front but it appears that that option was added 18 hours ago so someone else beat me to the punch. It might be nice to have the option to add a follower to an e-mail thread but make it so that they cannot see any previous comments to when they were added. This would just make it so that you can share current information going forward but not include any past information that you may not have wanted to get into their hands. I'm sure Hillary would have loved that feature. One thing that I would love to add is an @mention to say something like @all or @everyone that tags everyone that is assigned or a follower to a particular e-mail comment thread.

Rick M.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Front - the email client that is so much more

Reviewed on 2020-07-17

Directors at our company claimed they were able to achieve ‘inbox zero’ for the first time ever using Front. The concept of assigning emails to people to action has replaced the need for a separate ticketing system.

Pros

It’s like UX designers at Apple decided to make an email client. But not just any email client. One that can beautifully handle all communication channels (SMS, Twitter, live chat). Then they thought through every. single. detail.
You’d think that would be enough. But someone there clearly said “let’s make this infinitely extensible through a rich integration ecosystem” - and then they did.
If you’re thinking it can’t be as good as it sounds, you need to try it. I can honestly say it’s the first email client I’m happy to use since Gmail introduced Inbox. Did I mention Front somehow managed to make Gmail and Slack have a lovechild? Yep - you can internally comment on emails. It’s paradigm-changing!

Cons

The calendar isn’t perfect but is handy in a pinch.
The contact feature is surprisingly lacking in functionality compared with the rest of the app.
The analytics reports could be more customisable.

Giada P.
Industry: Photography

Front App - Reading, Writing and Assigning emails in a team oriented way.

Reviewed on 2020-07-28

I am extremely satisfied of this app. It's super easy to use and perfect when working in team. It's basically impossible to miss any email with this software and super nice the way it looks like when using it on a daily basis. Plus it takes all the rules and marks of your main inbox provider (gmail, outlook etc.). Highly recommended even for all its features and possibility to integrate it with the main useful app: Aircall, Google Cal etc.

Pros

What I definitely like the most is the way you can assign emails to your team mates - especially when reviewing the same inbox. Generally with other provider is always difficult to organize your workflow and dividing email by forwarding them all. In this way, by using a super simple and well designed app, you can simple go through the object of the email, even read it if needed and then directly assign it to your colleagues. Moreover, you can even assign the email to more than one people - keeping everyone posted about important issue. Last but not least, you can use this app even to comment and share plus information about email or work to do with that email/costumer directly using the chat below the main inbox (this is something that can be shown just between team mates - avoiding the possibly of sending personal information to the direct costumer while forwarding the email to your colleagues).

Cons

I think that the app version could be improved, especially in the way it shows notifications. Each time I open it - I can see the amount of my entire inbox and it always seems you still have work to do even if you are up to date with all your daily emails.

Jake M.
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Collaboration Made Easy!

Reviewed on 2020-02-23

I highly recommend Front for team-based customer service or support teams who can take advantage of shared drafts, comments, assigning threads, tags, and snoozing. Our team works with high customer ratios, mostly reactive but with some proactive outreach, and Front enables us to work collaboratively to drive customer success at scale in an efficient and cohesive manner.

Pros

As a member of an at-scale team-model customer success team, Front simplifies and streamlines collaboration by enabling transparency into what the rest of the team is working on and who they're speaking with, ease of use sharing threads and context among the team, insight into past customer communications, and robust integrations with G Suite and our CRM among other platforms. The Front team is consistently innovating on top of their existing functionality to continually make the platform more user-friendly and fun to use. I certainly enjoy the UI much more than working out of Gmail.

Cons

I prefer the web-app version of Front as opposed to the desktop app simply because I like having all my tools in one browser window, and I love the keyboard shortcuts that exist on the web app, but I know there are so many more on the desktop app that I would love to see enabled the web app. Other than that though I don't have too many complaints! Their product team is always responsive to feedback, and when I have a problem they are quick to address my concerns

Nick B.

Great App for Team Management of Tickets and Emails from Various Sources

Reviewed on 2020-08-17

We're thrilled with our experience. Support team really does an incredible job at providing super helpful information quickly and kindly. Their self-support documentation is also wonderful. The application itself functions as expected for our inbound sales team to manage hundreds of inquiries with Canned Responses, auto responses, Snooze + Follow up, tagging, and collaboration. Highly recommend the tool. We use Zendesk for our Customer Experience team (support). It is a very robust tool and we haven't evaluated fully what it would look like to move to Front App from Zendesk. The needs get very technical for huge customer support operations, so Front would probably be sufficient, but I haven't fully vetted that.

Pros

I love the customer support. The tool behaves as expected and has the requirements we need to manage a global set of 6 inbound sales teams, managing tickets that come from all of our property listing sites. It has integration with Salesforce that allows our reps to interact seamlessly (for 90%+ of instances). We're very happy with the rule automation and workflow management. Our company heavily relies on Front and is happy to do so!

Cons

The analytics are pretty good, but could use some more flexibility. There are a couple niche, specific limitations that we have that we have to build workarounds for. Honestly can't think of a major pain for our use case. It is a sales use case, not customer support. Very rare down time, and any issue is displayed for all to see and addressed quickly.

Julian J.
Industry: Consumer Electronics

Make email your superpower.

Reviewed on 2020-04-23

Pros

it's very convenient to have ALL of your company's communication in ONE place. Nothing slips through the cracks - from emails/facebook messages/tweets and text messages you name it it's all there. It's very intuitive to talk with the team and get back to customers/prospects with an answer.

A win win and great investment for company that works digitally.

Cons

It takes a while to onboard the whole team and get them to understand all the features.
Also it's quite pricey per user per month.

Patrick F.
Industry: Building Materials

Best Email Client To Date

Reviewed on 2020-08-12

Front allows me to involve team members in an email chain using the comments feature, without informing the client or unrelated individuals.
This makes distance working easier as we can collaborate on a topic or ask for assistance quickly.

Pros

Easy inbox management, use of the archive feature and snooze allows you to delay not important emails, or to clean up emails awaiting replies.
Tags allow easy sorting of various tasks and topic related emails into one place.

Cons

When viewing a discussion on the mobile app, it takes you from the start of the discussion, rather than the most recent message, which is a pain for internal conversations between multiple employees on a topic.
the search feature is implemented well, but needs some work with regards to discussions.

Mallory G.
Industry: Computer Software

Collaboration with Front is so easy!

Reviewed on 2020-09-11

Pros

I think my favorite thing about Front is the ability to collaborate with teammates on emails + share drafts. I also use the canned response feature A LOT, as well as the Snooze ability. It helps me keep my inbox clean, while still allowing me to follow up at a time of my choosing!

Cons

I still use the Gmail calendar interface. I think improvements have been made to Front's calendar though, so I need to check it out again.

Stefany B.

Organized and Efficient

Reviewed on 2016-10-13

My company uses Front in a way that it was not created. I say this because the company accommodated our use rather than letting us go. Because of this allowance, they have made our day to day use of hundreds of emails efficient and effective. We are able to assign incoming email, share with unlimited employees and a number of integrations keeps the app connected to our CRM and other integral apps. Folders allow us to keep a very organized view of our incoming mail stream with employees that are offsite or in different countries.

The number one reason for choosing Front was their phone app. Beautifully designed and easy enough to use by my least technical employee with ease. Compatible with IOS and Android. There are regualr upgrades so they are a growing and innovative group of people.

Their willingness to work with us and even take suggestions for upgrades was a deciding factor to stick with Front.

Pros

Easy to use, scalable to any size company and has a fantastic phone app.

Cons

No issues so far.

Isabella H.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Organize all the emails your teams receive in a flexible way with Front.

Reviewed on 2020-11-07

We use this software in the teams that are mainly dedicated to sales that are executed in our business facilities, especially to keep track and organize each of our potential customers that come from various points, when we refer to various websites, especially when doing business from emails, which are multiple, this system determines them in order of arrival, and attends them remotely, facilitating our work in large proportions.

Pros

It is an incredible software in its main functionalities, because once it is implemented, it automatically organizes complex or chaotic emails, in a very fast and sophisticated way, giving amazing impressions, due to its extraordinary operation, without excluding that it is a A very useful tool, especially when we go to business scales, which require attention to their outgoing and incoming messages that they have in a multiple way, covering all these needs in a very successful and smooth way, being one of my systems favorites.

Cons

As a significant disadvantage, regarding the functionalities that this software maintains, we can mention that its exports are not very large that can be described in a considerable scope, where they should normally comply and operate without interruptions, highlighting that they are totally difficult to select , since it is a complex software, according to its programming, due to its extensive tools that it offers for its options of use that it commonly executes.

Lucas M.
Industry: Real Estate

Very useful & hassle-free email management software!

Reviewed on 2020-08-11

With Front I save time and do not miss important emails.

Pros

Front is so easy to use. Email management, allocation, and organisation are perfectly set up to make the user's life easy. The snooze feature helps cleaning the inbox from non urgent emails and organize the day or week accordingly. Shared inbox is very useful to assign specific conversations or issues to the correct person to action. Templates and tags are also great to save time.

Cons

Honestly I have no Cons about Front. I've used it for the past 3 years and couldn't be happier with this software.

Ben C.
Industry: Computer Software

PERFECT for my use case and my approach to Customer Success

Reviewed on 2020-06-19

I love the Front App. This is the second time that I have purchased it for my Customer Success team and truly believe that it helps us run more efficiently.

Pros

The ease of being able to have conversations around emails without long email strings is really great. If you are utilizing any kind of shared inbox, Front is absolutely genius. I had a team of 8 customer success managers at my last company running a queue style email inbox, but not wanting it to feel like a ticketing system.

Cons

The actual inbox is not as clean to manage as Gmail, which is what I still use primarily for my direct emails. They have greatly improved their archive structure, but it still isn't quite where I would like it to be. I also tried to bring my ticketing system into Front and now get 2-3 emails per ticket rather than 1.

Matt S.
Industry: Computer Software

Front is a winner. We love it!

Reviewed on 2020-04-29

Our overall experience with Front has been extremely positive. Front provides a great interface and robust feature set that does exactly what it needs to do to get the job done. We have been very happy with the product.

Pros

The ability to consolidate all of our communications channels in one platform is key. The modern UI and feature set are both great and this software is extremely helpful in executing our day to day communications through all of our customer-facing channels.

Cons

Integration was simple and we don't really have any cons to list.

Stephanie F.
Industry: Legal Services
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great product: good collaborative efforts, some room for growth

Reviewed on 2020-09-09

Great product. Helps with collaborative Effort of our team to make sure nothing falls through the cracks.

Pros

Love the team inboxes and ability to tag others instead of forwarding messages in your team.

Cons

Don’t like that there is not the ability to create folders to organize emails. Also, sent messages disappear in team inboxes so we can’t track sent messages.

Jean G.
Industry: Real Estate

The most pleasant and effective mailbox

Reviewed on 2020-08-31

Front saves time and provides unparalleled responsiveness

Pros

Whether you are in Sales or Customer Service, Front will make it easy for you.
What I appreciate most is the feeling that I am never alone when faced with a problem.
The tagging function between colleagues is very convenient.

Overall, the interface is also very pleasant and easy to use.

Cons

It would be of great proportion that they update the program to acquire more integrations with other software tools, with similar functionalities, to formulate a specific system according to which the operations within the system are more rigid and flexible at the same time, so that thus the user has comforts of use by the service, including that the implementations with other platforms are not feasible when addressing compatibility.

Daniel J.
Industry: Consumer Goods

Perfect Mail Organization Software

Reviewed on 2017-09-06

Pros

Front App, which is a mail management software, hits all the right marks. We use it for e-commerce and received 100s of emails a day. Front has easy to use Filter to filter out the important ones from the unimportant ones. We have used it for over a year and never had a single complaint. We love this app! Also, their customer service (which we rarely use) is A+ as well.

Cons

I think they adjusted their pricing a little bit but otherwise all good. We contacted them about pricing and were promptly grandfathered in with our original plan.

Claudia A.
Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Experience using FrontApp

Reviewed on 2019-10-31

I am still using the application but I am uncertain if we will keep using it to track our metrics and performance. We have used other platforms and will keep trying others to find what best suits our needs.

Pros

My boss who is based in another country can keep track of my tickets and the times of response to measure my performance daily. I can follow up via email easily with all my clients.

Cons

The platform is too busy, I have all my emails in the same platoform making it too busy and it is challenging to find a ticket assigned to someone else.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Industry: Consumer Services

Still a good helpdesk

Reviewed on 2020-09-30

I use it to reply tickets for customers every day. It's a solid helpdesk and on par with the best helpdesk out there.

Pros

-Basic function of replying tickets to customer, internal notes (or comments), and plugin of backend software is there and performing quite well.
-Tags for everything that you need and color-coded.

Cons

Plugin is a little bit confusing. Sometimes it's hard to differentiate which one is order and subscriptions due to the top down feature and no different color line.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Front has increased our efficiency

Reviewed on 2019-02-12

Pros

There is no question that Front has allowed us to internally increase our efficiency when it comes to handling tasks both internal & external. It's incredibly important that we maintain our image of being a responsive provider to work with, because our clients need to see the value factor present when comparing us to competitors. The ease of getting users setup & ready to assign/receive tasks makes it about as painless of an implementation as any software on the market.

Cons

Nothing substantial enough to include here--it's been a wonderful experience so far for us.

Carry Q.

Front is generally great but there are a few features that are not fully fledged out.

Reviewed on 2018-05-15

Pros

I love how it connects my other products and especially the feature about assigning or looping in other team members and creating a thread about an email. It keeps things organized and makes my life less confusing!

Cons

I don't like the send later functionality. The software doesn't mention or give the option to select time zone, which can be an issue when you work across many offices, and also doesn't have a summary or a warning before firing off an email. I think it would be more beneficial to schedule a send and then have the ability to edit the delivery time, access those emails etc in a clear and easy way

Eric S.

Great team inbox

Reviewed on 2020-07-09

The overall experience with Front is great. The feature that is mostly used is mentions, tags, comments, and email filtering to each group member. This helps us out with support.

Pros

You are able to share emails with your team and collectively edit, you ca mention people to view any email without needing to send them the actual mail, add tags, filter email according to each member or group, and much more.

Cons

The analytics feature could be more detailed, if you need more specific information.

Sandrine B.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Incredible experience for our clients !

Reviewed on 2020-09-03

Pros

Sharing messages without having to forward them, being able to have internal conversations within a message, the mobile version, canned responses, ... the best multi-user inbox app I used so far.

Cons

The interface is not so easy to learn and the contact feature is not customizable enough