Hippo CMMS

Tyrone
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Affordable and Very Powerful Maintenance Management Software

Reviewed on 12/4/2015

Having used alot of CMMS software in my career, HIPPO CMMS definitely to me is the best there is, not only is it very user friendly and ease of use, its also affordable, cloud based and very powerful.
You can have direct access to your data from anywhere in the world, and the floor plan layouts that house all your maintenance data is a great tool for Asset Managers.

Pros

Updates and new releases of the software are free.
Customer Support is great.
Affordable pricing.
Powerful data extraction and reporting.
User friendly software for non tech savvy people.
Cloud Based allowing access to your data anywhere in the world.
3 types of Dashboards, Advanced, Std, Calendar view
Floor plan layouts with Asset data housed in one central location
Mobile App creates more efficient workers, less time stuck behind the computer

Cons

None actually. The software is great and covers everything.

Response from Hippo CMMS

Thanks Tyrone for the encouraging feedback. We will continue to do our best to see our clients get the best support and CMMS software!

Alexander
  • Industry: Machinery

From Clipboard to Computer

Reviewed on 12/19/2018

Before HIPPO CMMS all of our maintenance records were paper and clipboard. With HIPPO CMMS we are able to keep track of the preventative maintenance in a more proactive way than before. HIPPO CMMS helps us to preform predictive maintenance that we were unable to do in the past because it allows us to keep all information pertaining to equipment in one place with better, faster searching capabilities.

Pros

HIPPO CMMS gives us the ability to run individual reports for each piece of equipment. These reports help with capital expenditures when cost justification is needed.

Cons

It would be nice to have some sort of text box linked to each piece of equipment where you could keep notes and helpful information instead of using the Documents tab. If I need to write a note about a piece of equipment I have to edit a document then reload it to the HIPPO system.

Response from Hippo CMMS

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review and your feedback. Nothing makes our team happier than hearing about another successful implementation.

We definitely have data fields associated with equipment for comments and notes. Our team will be reaching out to you in the new year to see how we can make your experience even better.

If you don't want to wait, drop us a line or send us an email and let us know of anything we can do to improve.

Daniel

Carl
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Used for 2+ years

Getting Better

Reviewed on 4/20/2020

I want to be fair about this; I have not had the time to go through a lot of this, but lately with the instant messaging it has made it a little easier to navigate.

Pros

I will be honest with you when I first starting using it, I found it to be a rabbit hole. After a couple years it did improve, I think one of the better things you did was add the help IM.

Cons

The drill down menus, are somewhat tedious. You really have to watch, as the menus have very similar labels. As I add definition in areas and machine locations, Serial numbers etc. I will add in one menu. It will disappear if I do not add it in the correct menu, even though the menu has the same name or title.

Response from Hippo CMMS

Hi Carl,

Thanks for your honest review. I'm happy to hear our support conversation window has been helpful and that your experience has been improving over the years. I'd like to learn more about the issues you've been experiencing and please keep in mind that we always take your suggestions into consideration. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me if you ever have any questions or concerns. Warm regards,

Fabio Carvalho Customer Success Adviser 866.956.2859 x 223 | [email protected]

Jeronimo
  • Industry: Cosmetics

with Hippo CMMS we create visibility and transparency

Reviewed on 4/15/2019

With Hippo in 2018 we were able to achieve about 90% of our total demand orders on time an in full, we know that there are a room to improve, but, at least now we can measure our progress. Inventory of parts that easily can be related to any machine activity helping us to keep the control of the parts purchased, creating alerts when replenishment is required just entering the threshold with the min and max desire.

Pros

Equipment management, Scheduling preventive maintenance and creation of demand orders giving us an increase in productivity.

Cons

For a regular use, non an IT person, the reporting is not flexible, export information from tables is difficult to relate the fields.

Response from Hippo CMMS

Hi Jeronimo,

Thank you for your kind review! I'm glad that using Hippo has helped Oxygen Development in reaching such a high completion rate of work orders. It's also great that you can keep track of the company's progress.

Thanks for your feedback regarding the reporting feature as well. Our Development Team is always looking for ways to improve the reporting feature, and your feedback is extremely valuable for improving the Hippo software.

If you need any further assistance, or you have more feedback, please don't hesitate to reach out to us!

Heidi Chin
p. 866-956-2859 ext. 227
e. [email protected]

• Industry: Sports

Facility Maintenance Made Easy

Reviewed on 10/3/2018

Pros

I like that you can limit the access a user has. This is our main form of communicating any issues that may arise within the facility and with so many users a work order can easily get closed or rejected so it's nice to limit what they have access to. The software is pretty self explanatory.

Cons

I would really like to be able to edit/revise a completed work order. Sometimes a document or amount gets revised after-the-fact and it would be nice to not have to open/associate a new work order.

Response from Hippo CMMS

Thanks for the great feedback Veronica. It has been great working with you and the others at Camel back Ranch over the past 4 years.Also glad to hear that you find Hippo user friendly and simple - that is what we aim to do. Even better, Hippo is still relevant and useful in streamlining facilities maintenance for you. We hear you on the completed work order edit - it's very high on our priority list.

Tim
  • Industry: Furniture

Hippo CMMS Software

Reviewed on 12/2/2015

Hippo CMMS software makes life as a maintenance supervisor much easier. At Haas Cabinet, we were looking a way to keep work orders organized and scheduled, while also keeping track of the costs per repair. Hippo software answered the bell. We are able to track all work orders, costs of each work order, parts inventory, and have scheduled preventative maintenance work orders automatically generate. Hippo helped bring our family owned business into the 21st century.

Pros

Hippo has a really neat layout. They can use your floor plans and lay out the equipment you maintain so that you get the really cool visual experience that no one else brings. We really like the mobile app. Hippo desktop version syncs with your smartphone or IPad via the Hippo mobile app. Our maintenance guys can create, complete and modify work orders from anywhere they have internet service or mobile phone access.

Cons

We rely on the email alert function to be fully functional. Our maintenance employee's are alerted about works order requests via email. Seems like from time to time Hippo's email servers go down, and we are not aware that work requests are being created.

Response from Hippo CMMS

Hi Tim, thanks for the great feedback and glad to hear Hippo is working well for Haas Cabinet. The e-mail issue should be resolved. If you experience any issues you know to call our tech support team. They are always there to help out when in a jam.

Luis
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Hippo CMMS

Reviewed on 3/29/2019

Hippo is a very powerful tool. With hippo, you'll be able to keep your maintenance program running smoothly and track your performance with ease.

Pros

-The several metrics available to measure performance.
-The ability to add associations between parts and machines.
-The ability to create several instances.
-The reports one is able to create to acquire the desire information

Cons

-Loading times can be long sometimes
-Websites crashes sometimes

Response from Hippo CMMS

Thank you for your great review, Luis!

It's great to know Hippo is helping Oxygen Development to keep the maintenance program running smoothly. I'm glad you're taking advantage of our reports and KPI section to track performance.
Please let me know if you ever have any questions and if you experience any issues.

Seth
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

HippoFM is great software

Reviewed on 9/27/2018

have been using it for over 5 years so I would say I am very happy.

Pros

simple one click viewing of your work orders, very obvious work order submit button, submitting is easy with little information needed to understand the issue.

Cons

some of the options in the administration tabs can have a learning curve

Response from Hippo CMMS

Hi Seth

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. It has been great serving Seamterics over the past 5 years. The Hippo team is happy to hear that you guys are still getting great value out of Hippo and find it simple and easy to use. Join us for one of our upcoming webinars to learn more about some of the new features we have added. I am sure that Seametrics can benefit and make good use out of some of them.

Cameron
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Hiccups with Hippo

Reviewed on 7/5/2022

pretty decent, considering i was only a user who got bumped to full admin. definitely a lot of new features to figure out.

Pros

accuracy, customization, flexibility.

Cons

Not so easy to just jump right in without watching/ receiving training

Jose

• Customer Support Software

Great software for maintenance and work orders management

Reviewed on 7/16/2018

Highly recommended if you are having issues with tasks management and time management with the maintenance of your facilities. The reports are easy to pull and download. Paperless and web-based is the way to go!

Pros

Having a web-based software with all the functionalities offered by this one was never an alternative until we tried and purchased this. Reports and easy of use from all user levels are definitely a plus.

Cons

The site and user forms could be more attractive visually, instead of just drop down boxes and blanks.

Response from Hippo CMMS

Thanks for the awesome review Jose. We are really happy to hear that your experience with Hippo has been positive. Thanks very much for your suggestion on the user forms - we will connect with you if that is OK to get more details about what you would recommend for changes.

Tony
  • Industry: Facilities Services

• Customer Support Software

A great program for time management in the work place.

Reviewed on 6/16/2020

I use it to send out work orders to the Maintenance Team once I receive them from all the users that submit them. I keep track of how long it takes someone to complete a Job. I keep track of parts being used. I keep all documentation from outside contractors. I take pictures of the job that needs to be repaired and upload them to the job request which saves a lot of time answering questions from the Maintenance Team. The best thing I Love about using this product is the Support team behind it. If at any time I need an answer about how to use this program properly, I just send the support team a quick E-mail and they get back to me within minutes with the answer. There is so much more to use and learn.

Pros

It keeps everyone working at an easy click of the button. It keeps you on track. Most of all it would have to be the support team at HippoCMMS. They are always there to help with whatever you need help with.

Cons

For me personally at first I had a hard time understanding how to use it, so I only used it for my basic needs. After getting more comfortable with using the system I felt more confident and then it was very exiting to learn about the numerous functions that it could be used for within the company.

Response from Hippo CMMS

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your great review! I'm glad to hear that Hippo is being a great tool for you and your team at MITT. I'm going to share your review with the entire Customer Success and Support Team, as it's very satisfying for us to see your growth as a user and to know that we played an important role in this process.
We are grateful to have you as a customer and we appreciate that you are always willing to be a reference for new prospects. It means a lot to us!
Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you ever need any assistance.

Erik
  • Industry: Hospitality

Excellent Value

Reviewed on 6/18/2020

My first build (at a different property) was difficult because I did not have a solid grasp of what the software can do or how we were going to effectively use it. This time I have a much better understanding and have been able to ask for specific help to shape the software around our needs. The Hippo team has been excellent at grasping what I want to do and making the adjustments with me to make that happen.
If a person is completely new to the world of CMMS, the learning curve is very steep and the level of detail required can be daunting. patience is critical and following the guidance of the Hippo team for steps in developing your database is the best advice I can offer next to taking a course on CMMS.

Pros

This is my second CMMS build with Hippo. Ease of setup is a priority for me, and my team has noted how easy the software is to use compared to our old system.
Support from Hippo's team has been excellent and quick.

Cons

I would like to see an easy way to generate reports that will chart metrics readings that we collect - for example, we take a daily reading on a specific tank, and only refill it as needed. I would like to be able to generate a graph that shows the rate at which the tank is emptied.

Response from Hippo CMMS

Hi Erik,

Thank you for the kind response, and sharing you experience with the software! We love to see when people bring the software with them in new positions. If you would like to discuss the reporting options further, I would love to hear your ideas more in depth and see if we can work a solution out for you!

Regards,

Matt Jacobsen
1-866-956-2859 ext265
[email protected]

Daniel
  • Industry: Hospitality

• Customer Support Software

Great tool for our maintenance department

Reviewed on 4/18/2017

We have been using Hippo for just over 2 years and have entered over 10,000 work orders. Overall it has been a great product for our maintenance team and a great value for us. I'd like to see quicker product improvements and a better mobile version, but we are still pleased with the software. It's miles ahead of what we had used in our organization prior to Hippo. The support team has always been helpful when needed, though we rarely have to reach out to them.

Pros

Cloud based; user friendly;

Cons

product development is lacking; Software was written in Silverlight, which most browsers are dropping (and have been for well over a year). Hippo team is supposedly working on re-writing the software so that Silverlight is eliminate, but we have been waiting on this since May 2015. Hopefully they complete the upgrade before all the browsers drop Silverlight support. We lost Chrome long ago and the latest upgrades of Firefox have dropped Silverlight. It seems as the Edge will not support it either, so once Microsoft finally dumps Explorer, we may be hurting.

Response from Hippo CMMS

Thanks for the feedback Daniel. Version 6 is in Beta and available to customers. Let us know if you would like to take it for a test ride. Silverlight issue is resolved!

Lisa
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Hippo is easy to use

Reviewed on 4/14/2017

Hippo is really working for us in a lot of ways. We've had good response from customer support when we have had issues. I would like to see some additions in the future to make things even better.

Pros

Love the way you can see the whole building on the screen and see where the work orders are. I like the information that is on the work orders for everyone to see. Being able to add email address to the work order so everyone involved can be informed on what the status of the work order is great.

Cons

I don't like the dashboard for the work order search. If you adjust columns to view the information they don't stay that size they will revert back every time you make a change. In order to see the most current you have to double click on the ID column every time you want to look at the last work order. There should be some type of save button so you can keep your columns custom to the way you like it. I waste a lot of time with this process.

I would like to see more options with reports. I can't get what I need for certain projects that I work on.

Need better access with iphones, some type of app so when employees are in the field they can look up work orders faster and more efficiently.

Response from Hippo CMMS

Hi Lisa

Thanks so much for the great review and constructive feedback. It's customers like you that help drive our software further and develop features our customers want. Look for great things in 2017. Thanks again!!

Mark
  • Industry: Higher Education Software

• Customer Support Software

Once set up, HIPPO does make managing your facility easier.

Reviewed on 3/29/2018

A better awareness of the facility, parts, pieces, costs, man hours, scheduling.

Pros

Keeping track of individual rooms/equipment service needs and records. Inventory at a glance. Reminders when you are low and need to order. That is done by the work order completion data entry, parts that are used are logged. HIPPO knows the minimum # of parts wanted on hand sends out the reminder.
Individual equipment I.E boilers, you can have a drop down list of all the replacement parts associated with each boiler for ease of ordering. Room records, you been called to the same room 3 times for plumbing issues. you can then look to find a cause.
Customer service requests are replied to very quickly. That day or you have an e-mail when you arrive to work.

Cons

I have just two
On work order search, it defaults to the very first work order #1 instead on the newest 2999. Printing was a one step process.

Response from Hippo CMMS

Hi Mark,

We are happy to hear that Hippo is working well for Haggai Institute. Sounds like you are getting an awesome return on your investment and Hippo CMMS has helped your organization improve your maintenance operations. Keep the feedback coming and don't hesitate to contact our customer success staff - they are always eager to help and make things easier for you.

Tom
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Easy Can of Worms

Reviewed on 6/15/2020

Was easy to learn with the lessons for setting it up.

Pros

You can start by setting it up to be easy on your maintenance team and slowly add more functions as they progress. The support is always there when I need it if I can't figure it out myself.

Cons

Attachments and documents are saved as links. It's not easy to just add a photo to a work order.

Response from Hippo CMMS

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your great review! I'm glad that Hippo's ease of use was important during your initial setup and that since then you started to feel more comfortable to explore new features and tools.
I'm taking note of your suggestion to display pictures attached to work orders and I'm going to share them with the development team.
Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you ever have any questions or suggestions.

Tod
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Great Software for PM's

Reviewed on 10/14/2021

Onboarding was very smooth, lots of options getting the system set up. Very small team needed to onboard. Struggled with some browsers on some computers kicking the users out without notice. This appears to have been solved. Trained admins on the system remotely during covid and it worked out very well. We did end up parting ways with some of the less computer literate individuals who just could not make the transition from paper to the computer. Some of the teams have really taken off with the use of barcodes and mobile devices while others are just using the PC interface.

Pros

Easy to use and train on.
Most operators with moderate computer skills come up to speed quickly
Great reports
Service is fantastic.
The mobile app has worked out well for some of our applications

Cons

Had browser issues in year 1 with some of the users. Seems to have been fixed.
Some operators with lower computer skill really struggled with the platform. (mostly just logging in :)
Email notifications are limited from a customizable standpoint.

Ernie

Lions Manor Preventive Maintenance

Reviewed on 7/13/2016

I was a little skeptical when I was first introduced to this product. Over the years I have seen a lot of systems come and go. My first experience with maintenance software was back in the early 80s. Now that was primitive. When I started using HIPPO I was amazed at the power behind this system. The ease of use was a very satisfying experience. I would recommend HIPPO to anyone I knew that was looking for a maintenance system

Pros

The ease of use. Reporting feature, calendar for scheduling, etc.A

Cons

The more I use the program the more familiar I get wit it. That is the same with a lot of things, if you don't use the system for periods of time it takes awhile to get back in the groove.

Response from Hippo CMMS

Hi Ernie - glad Hippo has been working well for you over the past 2+ years. If you ever need tp brush up on some of the new features we have added or legacy features, contact our support team. There are many on-going webinars you can take advantage of or get some personalized training sessions. Thanks for the feedback!

Ryan
  • Industry: Machinery

Review of Hippo CMMS - Paramount Die

Reviewed on 9/17/2018

Overall it has been good experience. I love the system. Its easy to use, for the most part. It has a lot of features. I just get frustrated with the errors and "hiccups" When the hiccup occurs and you loose all your comments/notations for a long detailed description of the issue and fix... that is when I'm not a huge fan of the system. Overall It works very well.

Pros

Its pretty easy to use and intuitive. A plethora of features we have not even explored for use at this time. Easy and automated reporting is great.

Cons

All the hiccups and errors. A lot of minor issues that can be very frustrating and make using the system kind of a pain at times.

Response from Hippo CMMS

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you find Hippo user friendly! That is a our main goal here. To not make finding and closing work orders complicated. I do apologies if you have experience some glitches. We are continually trying to improve Hippo and appreciate the feedback.

Loren

• Customer Support Software

It has been an great software for us that has highly improved our process over paper work...

Reviewed on 3/23/2018

It increased our overall production by multiple people having visual progress over what was getting done. It eliminated lost work orders. It allows us to look up information much faster then going thru file cabinets for documents.

Pros

Easy to use and quick to learn. It is fast to move thru the steps. It allows multiple people to know where certain work orders are in process quickly. The reporting is good and allows you to look up items that may need replaced quickly.

Cons

There aren't many options for customization. There have been times that we would like to do something where we couldn't and the option wasn't there to even create a customization.

Response from Hippo CMMS

Thanks Loren for the feedback. Glad to hear that over the past 1-2 years Hippo has been doing well for you. You will be happy to know that we are adding more customization features this year. You are not alone, many of our users have requested and our development team has the project slated for this year. We look forward to working with Gensco for many more years... please keep the feedback coming and thanks for the review.

Daniel - GM

Shaun
  • Industry: Building Materials

• Customer Support Software

First time user of anything like this.

Reviewed on 2/25/2021

On the mechanical side we like it, the electrical department does not use much.

Pros

First line inspections and parts tracker, everything automatically generates which is very handy to communicate with the other techs being we are all on different shifts/start times.

Cons

This program really needs one person to look after all of the data entry but we are a smaller company and too many people want info entered which sometimes allows us to double or triple parts that are entered under different names/allocations.

Response from Hippo CMMS

Shaun,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Your feedback is extremely important to us and we're glad to have you as part of the Hippo CMMS family. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us with any questions at [email protected]

Thanks again!

Dean
  • Industry: Building Materials

Great job Hippo !

Reviewed on 7/29/2019

Very satisfied

Pros

Simplified to learn and use Hippo on a daily basis , easy to find what is needed .

Cons

Could be a little more user friendly when creating PM's with Parts, Asset #s ect

Response from Hippo CMMS

Thank you for your great review, Dean!

I'm happy you're enjoying Hippo's ease of use and that now is very simple for you to manage your assets and work orders. Thank you for your suggestion regarding PMs. I will share it with our development team. Please continue to share your ideas and suggestions with us.Your feedback is very important to us!

Melvin
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Needed help with Item

Reviewed on 4/13/2020

Very good valve for the cost. Easy for users to put in task for staff.

Pros

I like that I can put in task really easy. We have it setup so staff can put in task that I can assign to staff.

Cons

I would like to go back and open completed task

Response from Hippo CMMS

Hi Mel,

Thank you very much for the review! We take pride in offering an easy to use software for our users, and it is great to see that you feel that way. We understand that a lot of users would benefit from being able to edit closed work orders so it is a feature we are currently working on. If you ever need any assistance never hesitate to reach out. We are always here for you!

Best Regards,

• Industry: Facilities Services
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Works very well

Reviewed on 8/18/2019

It is very helpful and a benefit to track work done in area's as well as the costs associated with those.

Pros

It is pretty easy to use. Most area's are self explanatory.

Cons

I cannot bulk input equipment items, or even have a template for repetitive input items.

Response from Hippo CMMS

Hi Matt!

" Easy to use," is what we strive to hear. Hippo is designed to be user friendly and I am happy to know you feel that way!

Adding a few assets at a time isn't very difficult, but it you have a bulk of information just keep in mind that we can always help import that!

Thank you for taking a moment to provide us your feedback.
Have a great day!

Mel Motoch

Brandon
  • Industry: Warehousing

Quality software

Reviewed on 12/28/2020

Experience has been great. Customer service has been very helpful for any questions that I have had.

Pros

The software helps keep maintenance very simple to track and schedule work orders.

Cons

The software has been great once all the assets have been added. The biggest issue was just gather all the info on my end way it took us so long to start using. But once everything has been set up the software has made my job a lot easier to schedule work orders and keep track of maintenance.

Response from Hippo CMMS

Brandon,

We just wanted to thank you for such a kind review!

We're lucky to have you as a customer.

-your Hippo CMMS team