Hippo CMMS Reviews

Alexander
  • Industry: Machinery

From Clipboard to Computer

Reviewed on 2018-12-19

Before HIPPO CMMS all of our maintenance records were paper and clipboard. With HIPPO CMMS we are able to keep track of the preventative maintenance in a more proactive way than before. HIPPO CMMS helps us to preform predictive maintenance that we were unable to do in the past because it allows us to keep all information pertaining to equipment in one place with better, faster searching capabilities.

Pros

HIPPO CMMS gives us the ability to run individual reports for each piece of equipment. These reports help with capital expenditures when cost justification is needed.

Cons

It would be nice to have some sort of text box linked to each piece of equipment where you could keep notes and helpful information instead of using the Documents tab. If I need to write a note about a piece of equipment I have to edit a document then reload it to the HIPPO system.

Response from Eptura

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review and your feedback. Nothing makes our team happier than hearing about another successful implementation.

We definitely have data fields associated with equipment for comments and notes. Our team will be reaching out to you in the new year to see how we can make your experience even better.

If you don't want to wait, drop us a line or send us an email and let us know of anything we can do to improve.

Daniel

Jeronimo
  • Industry: Cosmetics

with Hippo CMMS we create visibility and transparency

Reviewed on 2019-04-15

With Hippo in 2018 we were able to achieve about 90% of our total demand orders on time an in full, we know that there are a room to improve, but, at least now we can measure our progress. Inventory of parts that easily can be related to any machine activity helping us to keep the control of the parts purchased, creating alerts when replenishment is required just entering the threshold with the min and max desire.

Pros

Equipment management, Scheduling preventive maintenance and creation of demand orders giving us an increase in productivity.

Cons

For a regular use, non an IT person, the reporting is not flexible, export information from tables is difficult to relate the fields.

Response from Eptura

Hi Jeronimo,

Thank you for your kind review! I'm glad that using Hippo has helped Oxygen Development in reaching such a high completion rate of work orders. It's also great that you can keep track of the company's progress.

Thanks for your feedback regarding the reporting feature as well. Our Development Team is always looking for ways to improve the reporting feature, and your feedback is extremely valuable for improving the Hippo software.

If you need any further assistance, or you have more feedback, please don't hesitate to reach out to us!

Heidi Chin

Functional for PM's reviewing

Reviewed on 2020-09-14

Frustrating!

Frustrating!

Pros

The PM scheduling is helpful. It was difficult to use at first. The integration took a long time.

Cons

History of work is lacking. Should be able to pull up all work performed in comments section for each individual piece of equipment. When scheduled work orders are sent out a history of that piece of equipment being attached to the work order would be extremely useful. At this time this does not meet what I need. I have been in the industry for 30+ years, hotels and HOA high rises, construction etc. have set up multiple pm's and this one lacks in the info I have mentioned.
Thanks,

Leading CMMS, Becoming Better and Better

Reviewed on 2019-09-24

Our company has been entirely reactive in maintenance, relying on our maintenance team to respond to emergencies through word-of-mouth via numerous varying channels of communication. Ownership wanted a control device to have some sort of idea of the maintenance issues in play; after researching, we found the whole world of CMMS', and Hippo. The free trial was a good toe-dipping, and the Hippo team was extremely helpful in orienting us to the ideas of Preventative Maintenance, Work Orders, etc. We had a smooth onboarding process and as of ~4 months, adoption is going very well.

Pros

The best thing about HippoCMMS is excellent customer service. Quickly and courteously responsive, the reps discuss in detail the various questions and suggestions brought forward. They are also diligent in finding answers and solutions.

Cons

There are still some aspects of Hippo that are slightly awkward: sometimes there is no way to accomplish what you want-- though Hippo is very receptive to suggestions. Other times, the only way to accomplish what you want is by an inelegant series of steps-- but, again, Hippo has been incredibly willing to listen to such concerns and to implement new methods. I imagine there are some User requests that are simply impractical or incompatible with the software architecture. But so far Hippo has found a way to either solve my challenges or deal with them so that I'm happy overall.

Response from Eptura

Thank you for your great review!

I'm glad you had a great onboarding experience and that our support team is being helpful. Please keep sharing your suggestions and insights with us. Your feedback is extremely important for us to keep improving Hippo. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you ever need any assistance.

• Industry: Sports

Facility Maintenance Made Easy

Reviewed on 2018-10-03

Pros

I like that you can limit the access a user has. This is our main form of communicating any issues that may arise within the facility and with so many users a work order can easily get closed or rejected so it's nice to limit what they have access to. The software is pretty self explanatory.

Cons

I would really like to be able to edit/revise a completed work order. Sometimes a document or amount gets revised after-the-fact and it would be nice to not have to open/associate a new work order.

Response from Eptura

Thanks for the great feedback Veronica. It has been great working with you and the others at Camel back Ranch over the past 4 years.Also glad to hear that you find Hippo user friendly and simple - that is what we aim to do. Even better, Hippo is still relevant and useful in streamlining facilities maintenance for you. We hear you on the completed work order edit - it's very high on our priority list.

Tim
  • Industry: Furniture

Hippo CMMS Software

Reviewed on 2015-12-02

Hippo CMMS software makes life as a maintenance supervisor much easier. At Haas Cabinet, we were looking a way to keep work orders organized and scheduled, while also keeping track of the costs per repair. Hippo software answered the bell. We are able to track all work orders, costs of each work order, parts inventory, and have scheduled preventative maintenance work orders automatically generate. Hippo helped bring our family owned business into the 21st century.

Pros

Hippo has a really neat layout. They can use your floor plans and lay out the equipment you maintain so that you get the really cool visual experience that no one else brings. We really like the mobile app. Hippo desktop version syncs with your smartphone or IPad via the Hippo mobile app. Our maintenance guys can create, complete and modify work orders from anywhere they have internet service or mobile phone access.

Cons

We rely on the email alert function to be fully functional. Our maintenance employee's are alerted about works order requests via email. Seems like from time to time Hippo's email servers go down, and we are not aware that work requests are being created.

Response from Eptura

Hi Tim, thanks for the great feedback and glad to hear Hippo is working well for Haas Cabinet. The e-mail issue should be resolved. If you experience any issues you know to call our tech support team. They are always there to help out when in a jam.

Luis
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Hippo CMMS

Reviewed on 2019-03-29

Hippo is a very powerful tool. With hippo, you'll be able to keep your maintenance program running smoothly and track your performance with ease.

Pros

-The several metrics available to measure performance.
-The ability to add associations between parts and machines.
-The ability to create several instances.
-The reports one is able to create to acquire the desire information

Cons

-Loading times can be long sometimes
-Websites crashes sometimes

Response from Eptura

Thank you for your great review, Luis!

It's great to know Hippo is helping Oxygen Development to keep the maintenance program running smoothly. I'm glad you're taking advantage of our reports and KPI section to track performance.
Please let me know if you ever have any questions and if you experience any issues.

Brian
  • Industry: Hospitality

Hippo review

Reviewed on 2019-04-08

Pros

Software is easy to use and covers what I need.

Cons

The customer service is not the quality that is once was.

Response from Eptura

Thank you for your review, Brian!

I'm glad you're enjoying Hippo's ease of use and that it's covering all your needs. Our Customer Success team is growing and I hope we can provide you with a better customer experience moving forward. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly if you ever have nay questions or suggestions.

Amber
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Terrific CS and support!

Reviewed on 2015-12-02

Jay Peak Resort is a four season resort in Vermont - we added Hippo after redeveloping our lodging at our base area. We are unable to use Hippo to its full extent but have found full value in the tracking, preventive maintenance and common areas for our building and facilities staff. We hope to work with Hippo in the future as they expand their efforts to assist operations like ours.

Pros

The customer support and attention to detail has been terrific. Hippo is always eager to help and answer questions. Our Facilities Managers value the information and documentation the app can store on our equipment and preventive maintenance items.

Cons

Our only con right now is that Hippo does not interface with our Property Management Software, so we are limited in how we can use Hippo for our lodging/guest room maintenance items. We currently use Hippo for all equipment and PM management, as well as work orders for our common and public spaces.

Response from Eptura

Awesome feedback Amber and glad to hear the support team has been a help. Expect more integration features in 2016. We'll make sure you get the most out of the software.

Mervyn
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 2018-09-14

Very good experience

Very good experience

Pros

Ease of use meets customer requirements

Cons

Reports are too generic
Need to be able to define report titles and formats

Response from Eptura

Hi Mervyn,

Glad to hear you found Hippo easy to use! Thanks!

Tony
  • Industry: Facilities Services

• Customer Support Software

A great program for time management in the work place.

Reviewed on 2020-06-16

I use it to send out work orders to the Maintenance Team once I receive them from all the users that submit them. I keep track of how long it takes someone to complete a Job. I keep track of parts being used. I keep all documentation from outside contractors. I take pictures of the job that needs to be repaired and upload them to the job request which saves a lot of time answering questions from the Maintenance Team. The best thing I Love about using this product is the Support team behind it. If at any time I need an answer about how to use this program properly, I just send the support team a quick E-mail and they get back to me within minutes with the answer. There is so much more to use and learn.

Pros

It keeps everyone working at an easy click of the button. It keeps you on track. Most of all it would have to be the support team at HippoCMMS. They are always there to help with whatever you need help with.

Cons

For me personally at first I had a hard time understanding how to use it, so I only used it for my basic needs. After getting more comfortable with using the system I felt more confident and then it was very exiting to learn about the numerous functions that it could be used for within the company.

Response from Eptura

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your great review! I'm glad to hear that Hippo is being a great tool for you and your team at MITT. I'm going to share your review with the entire Customer Success and Support Team, as it's very satisfying for us to see your growth as a user and to know that we played an important role in this process.
We are grateful to have you as a customer and we appreciate that you are always willing to be a reference for new prospects. It means a lot to us!
Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you ever need any assistance.

Customer Success Manager

Wendie

Maintenance On the Move!

Reviewed on 2022-07-07

Hippo has greatly assisted with communication and productivity in that all work orders are real time and technicians see the job immediately after being approved. All of our staff have link on our intranet to the Hippo log in screen where they are able to enter a work order. The work order allows for emailing the professional vendor if necessary, as well as communicate with the employee if more detail is needed to understand the work order. We have more control over what we purchase as it can be logged into inventory and we have a good idea now of wear and tear on our equipment and systems. Lots of individual customization is available to make the Hippo system work the way you need it to!

Pros

Our agency was looking for a building maintenance software that would track our work, tell us information about our equipment and systems, and help us manage our daily work. A team of employees that included a director, manager, and team members looked at approximately six different products and chose Hippo CMMS. We really liked that the software had the ability for us to scan in maps of our buildings and where equipment or a system were located. We were able to create a reporting environment for each of our buildings and could visually see where equipment went and work had been done. I think this was the feature that set Hippo apart from the others.

Cons

I believe the modules we struggle with the most are the adding resources to a work order. The system has the ability to add another technician or "resource", but there is limited area to add what the original resource accomplished prior to assigning another resource. This can lead to some confusion when someone takes on the job after the original resource.

Also adding inventory is time consuming. We plan to explore bar coding to inventory can be purchased and scanned into the module.

Clifton
  • Industry: Paper & Forest Products

HIPPO CMMS - GREAT VALUE, SUPPORT AND USER FRIENDLY

Reviewed on 2019-07-29

We started using Hippo CMMS three years ago and since then, we have created a PM program and have been able to start tracking data on our machines that was not available before implementation.

Pros

I like the easy user interface and the reporting options. The look is clean and adding to the database is very simple.

Cons

Functionality is lacking of some of the other larger, more expensive systems, but don't let this be a deterrent.

MicroMain

Reasons for Switching to Hippo CMMS

Price and unlimited users.

Response from Eptura

Thank you for your great review, Clifton!

I'm glad you're enjoying our ease of use and the assistance from our support team. I'm happy you mentioned that we offer a good value for money. Our development team is growing and we have some cool new features coming up. Stay tuned for updates and please let us know if you ever have any suggestions.

Mark
  • Industry: Higher Education Software

• Customer Support Software

Once set up, HIPPO does make managing your facility easier.

Reviewed on 2018-03-29

A better awareness of the facility, parts, pieces, costs, man hours, scheduling.

Pros

Keeping track of individual rooms/equipment service needs and records. Inventory at a glance. Reminders when you are low and need to order. That is done by the work order completion data entry, parts that are used are logged. HIPPO knows the minimum # of parts wanted on hand sends out the reminder.
Individual equipment I.E boilers, you can have a drop down list of all the replacement parts associated with each boiler for ease of ordering. Room records, you been called to the same room 3 times for plumbing issues. you can then look to find a cause.
Customer service requests are replied to very quickly. That day or you have an e-mail when you arrive to work.

Cons

I have just two
On work order search, it defaults to the very first work order #1 instead on the newest 2999. Printing was a one step process.

Response from Eptura

Hi Mark,

We are happy to hear that Hippo is working well for Haggai Institute. Sounds like you are getting an awesome return on your investment and Hippo CMMS has helped your organization improve your maintenance operations. Keep the feedback coming and don't hesitate to contact our customer success staff - they are always eager to help and make things easier for you.

Lisa
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Hippo is easy to use

Reviewed on 2017-04-14

Hippo is really working for us in a lot of ways. We've had good response from customer support when we have had issues. I would like to see some additions in the future to make things even better.

Pros

Love the way you can see the whole building on the screen and see where the work orders are. I like the information that is on the work orders for everyone to see. Being able to add email address to the work order so everyone involved can be informed on what the status of the work order is great.

Cons

I don't like the dashboard for the work order search. If you adjust columns to view the information they don't stay that size they will revert back every time you make a change. In order to see the most current you have to double click on the ID column every time you want to look at the last work order. There should be some type of save button so you can keep your columns custom to the way you like it. I waste a lot of time with this process.

I would like to see more options with reports. I can't get what I need for certain projects that I work on.

Need better access with iphones, some type of app so when employees are in the field they can look up work orders faster and more efficiently.

Response from Eptura

Hi Lisa

Thanks so much for the great review and constructive feedback. It's customers like you that help drive our software further and develop features our customers want. Look for great things in 2017. Thanks again!!

Tom
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Easy Can of Worms

Reviewed on 2020-06-15

Was easy to learn with the lessons for setting it up.

Was easy to learn with the lessons for setting it up.

Pros

You can start by setting it up to be easy on your maintenance team and slowly add more functions as they progress. The support is always there when I need it if I can't figure it out myself.

Cons

Attachments and documents are saved as links. It's not easy to just add a photo to a work order.

Response from Eptura

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your great review! I'm glad that Hippo's ease of use was important during your initial setup and that since then you started to feel more comfortable to explore new features and tools.
I'm taking note of your suggestion to display pictures attached to work orders and I'm going to share them with the development team.
Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you ever have any questions or suggestions.

Customer Success Manager

James
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate Software

Easy for tenants to use

Reviewed on 2018-08-11

This program has been very easy for our tenants to use. They learned very quickly and it has allowed us to easily receive work orders. However, the lack of a mobile app is a big deal. There should be a mobile app so that maintenance can easily work on the orders. Hopefully, this is something that we will see in the future.

Pros

As someone who runs an apartment complex, it’s important to be able to receive work requests as soon as possible. This allows tenants to submit a work order and see the progress of the request. It was easy to teach my employees to use, and just as easy to show tenants how to submit their work order. We also like having it web-based, even though it supports almost every computer operating system.

Cons

The only con that we could find was the lack of a mobile app. This is a rather important con. Having a mobile app would allow our maintenance workers to see work orders as they are put in, meaning they could seamlessly go from one issue to the next. As of now, they have to come back to the office once they are finished and then go back out. A mobile app would save time.

Steve

Reviewed on 2013-01-28

I am a technology specialist within the automatic identification and data capture industry and I am volunteering my consultation services for a non-profit adult day service organization in Richmond, VA.

The task given was to identify, qualify, and implement a simple yet robust facility management program to move from a paper based system to an electronic form. There were many challenges due to the existing IT structure of the organization and the use of volunteers to accomplish many of the day to day task associated with caring for the participants. CCADS utilizes a logical balance of professional and administrative employees but the majority of help comes from volunteerism.

I began my search focusing on "SaaS" (software as a service) facility management solutions to limit the pull on IT resources and to allow for a manageable cost structure given CCADS non-profit status. After exhaustively reviewing six of the top facility management solutions utilizing a SaS model, I chose HippoFM Zoom as the most applicable. HippoFM software is extremely simple to use and understand, has limited layers of complexity, a high level of pre and post sale support and has many of the bells and whistles I needed for my particular project.

The three most important factors to me were cost of ownership; facility visualization tools, and a simple easy to use front end.

To be honest, I was reluctant at first to go with a SaaS model because I could see a time in the future when staff participation would outgrow CCADS ability to fund the growth. I needed a solution that would remain for the most part constant in their pricing structure. Hippo FM was the only SaaS I found that offered an affordable solution with "unlimited users" and the ability to grow a mobile workforce at a nominal rate.

Lastly, I was extremely pleased with the informative, patient and helpful sales and technical personnel I encountered during my analysis and implementation phase. I can't say enough about their professionalism and willingness to help oversee a successful outcome.

I would highly recommend HippoFM to any company looking for a simple yet robust solution for managing a facility maintenance project, whether it be one facility or many. They are terrific!

Mark

Hippo for Kish

Reviewed on 2019-07-30

All questions & problems have been answered very promptly and courteously for us and our unique setup.

Pros

It can handle a wide array of maintenance subjects. Updates have been very helpful and enhanced the program to be more user friendly.

Cons

Some aspects of the programming involve moving from selection to another page. Although you have done a great job in correcting some these time wasting log jams.

Response from Eptura

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your great review! I'm glad Hippo has been a good tool for your company and that you're enjoying our recent updates. Our development team is growing and working hard to make Hippo even better. Your feedback is extremely important to us, so please don't hesitate to share with us your suggestions.

Mathew
  • Industry: Management Consulting
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Hippo CMMS review

Reviewed on 2019-08-14

It is effective and accomplishes the task once you understand it.

It is effective and accomplishes the task once you understand it.

Pros

I like the simplicity of the user experience once you're familiar with the product

Cons

I do not like the ambiguity of the external documentation. It is usually easier to call the help desk to get the right answer than it is to research the on line library. Although the documentation is in English, the communication fails.

Response from Eptura

Hi Mathew,

Thanks for leaving us a review! I'm happy to see that you've found Hippo simple and effective to use.

I'm sorry to hear that the articles have not been as straightforward as contacting our Support Team. We appreciate any feedback and will look into improving our articles.

If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to get in touch with us!

Best regards,

Heidi Chin
Customer Success Adviser| Hippo CMMS
p. 866-956-2859 ext. 227
e. [email protected]

Shaun
  • Industry: Building Materials

• Customer Support Software

First time user of anything like this.

Reviewed on 2021-02-25

On the mechanical side we like it, the electrical department does not use much.

On the mechanical side we like it, the electrical department does not use much.

Pros

First line inspections and parts tracker, everything automatically generates which is very handy to communicate with the other techs being we are all on different shifts/start times.

Cons

This program really needs one person to look after all of the data entry but we are a smaller company and too many people want info entered which sometimes allows us to double or triple parts that are entered under different names/allocations.

Response from Eptura

Shaun,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Your feedback is extremely important to us and we're glad to have you as part of the Hippo CMMS family. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us with any questions at [email protected].

Thanks again!

Dean
  • Industry: Building Materials

Great job Hippo !

Reviewed on 2019-07-29

Very satisfied

Very satisfied

Pros

Simplified to learn and use Hippo on a daily basis , easy to find what is needed .

Cons

Could be a little more user friendly when creating PM's with Parts, Asset #s ect

Response from Eptura

Thank you for your great review, Dean!

I'm happy you're enjoying Hippo's ease of use and that now is very simple for you to manage your assets and work orders. Thank you for your suggestion regarding PMs. I will share it with our development team. Please continue to share your ideas and suggestions with us.Your feedback is very important to us!

Lindsey
  • Industry: Gambling & Casinos
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Hippo Review

Reviewed on 2018-09-17

Hippo has been a great addition to helping our team keep on top of preventative maintenance, history on equipment, and better tracking system for demands in our facility.

Pros

Ease of use for resources performing work. Keeps history on equipment.

Cons

Not able to extract everything needed from reports that we might need. Using the Extract file comes out in an Excel sheet, but would be nice to see like how the reports are produced. We perform a monthly report for how many demands/PM's were sent in for a specific month, how many of them were completed, hours associated with it as well as previous moths completed in that specific month. I need to flip flop between "Work Order Search" and "Reports" to be able to find all the information we need.
Would like to be able to add more then one photo to "Equipment"'
Would like to be able to find a work order by key words., not just ID number.

Response from Eptura

Thank you for the feedback, Lindsey! Hippo can definitely keep maintenance departments better organized with preventative maintenance.

Excellent tool

Reviewed on 2021-04-22

The real-time analysis offered by this tool has been of great help to the company, because by providing information on user behavior it has allowed the development of effective CRM strategies.

Pros

My favorite aspect of this tool is that it provides analysis of user behavior leading to results that will be advantageous to the company and that will create very effective CRM strategies.

Cons

It would be of great help that the simple fact of looking for a content that I need at the moment was more intuitive and easier to locate, they are in different menus and there are many layers of search, it is really urgent that they improve that aspect

Response from Eptura

Thanks for your valuable review and even more importantly your feedback. We will most definitely relay your feedback to the team!

Nicholas B.
Customer Marketing Manager

Rick
  • Industry: Automotive

Hippo Review

Reviewed on 2019-04-01

No problems with the program, except we wish the " time-out" was a little longer

Pros

Every option we need, excellent customer support

Cons

A little bit " overkill " for our needs

Response from Eptura

Thank you for your review, Rick!

I'm going to share your review with our customer support team. I'm glad you're enjoying it. It's great to know Hippo is being a great tool for you and your team at Chinook School Division. Your feedback is extremely valuable and I'll make a suggestion to the development team regarding extended timeout times. Right know it is set up to a maximum of 1 hour.

Please let me know if you ever have any questions.