Jotform

4.3/5

Marjorie S.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

• Customer Support Software

Jotform user review - paid version

Reviewed on 2021-09-13

I enjoy using it and will continue to use it in future.

Pros

It is super easy to get started with and the possibilities are endless! I enjoyed the drag and drop form builder and the simplicity of the dashboard.

Cons

Navigating the dashboard takes some time to get used to. There is no clear "back to previous menu"path but you do get the hang of it after a while.

Response from Jotform

We are happy to know that you had no difficulties getting started with Jotform and that you like our simple dashboard. If you ever come across issues, make sure to contact us via our support contact form here https://www.jotform.com/contact/ so we can help.
All the best!

Chris S.

• Customer Support Software

Best online form platform I've used

Reviewed on 2021-03-31

The experience has been WONDERFUL! Their support team has always been able to help me navigate any issues, especially in the beginning when I was learning the features that aren;t common in other systems. Now, I can get what I need from their support documents.

Pros

I like jotform for its simplicity. I have used many other platforms to build online forms and Jotform BY FAR outshines them all. It is super easy to use and very user friendly. I like that they have make the user experience so easy to build, implement and tabulate results.

Cons

I haven't really ran into anything that I don't like about the software honestly. Anything I have ever wanted it to do is built into it already or they have an integration already in place to assist.

Formstack Forms

Reasons for Choosing Jotform

Ease of use and features available

Reasons for Switching to Jotform

Jot form seemed more in tune with product features and integrations .

Response from JotForm

Thank you for your nice review. We are happy to hear about your overall satisfaction using JotForm. Best Regards!

Eoin G.

• Customer Support Software

Very Good and Constantly Improving Online Form "System"

Reviewed on 2020-07-27

We are using Jotform for completing our onboarding "paperwork" with our new clients. The conditional formatting option is very helpful in reducing unnecessary questions for different types of clients.

Pros

Jotform started out as a simple webform application and has grown tremendously since I started using it in 2015. The ability to easily create basic forms with templates is fantastic. The incredible number of form field options and widgets makes creating complex forms with great conditional formatting options. HIPAA compliance and form Encryption make collecting sensitive information very secure. Customer service is quick to respond and people trying to use JotForm to create forms for Phishing are identified and locked out until they prove they are legitimate (it happened to me when trying to create an online W-9 for our clients.

Cons

JotForm just released JotForm Reports which may solve my primary "complaint". While you can create awesome notification emails which shows the data collected, You are not able to specify in the notifications to exclude fields with no response. This was important for us and required we use a different vendor since we could not create a workaround.

Gravity Forms

Response from JotForm

Thanks for your excellent review. We are glad that your complaint has been resolved. By default, empty fields are not shown on sent email notifications. There's a setting in the email notification where you can enable/disable this feature. Guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/256-How-to-Hide-Empty-Fields-on-Email-Alerts
If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us in our Support System through this contact form https://www.jotform.com/contact/.
Best Regards!

Nathan R.
  • Industry: Public Policy

Business forms made easy

Reviewed on 2018-12-17

We run the forms for all our websites through JotForm. The form responses are collected in a database and we are able to display the results in html tables on our intranet. There is even BI on tap, so questions that have defined responses, such as a multiple choice questions, can be visually represented on web pages as graphs. When it comes to collecting information, JotForm has become an indispensable tool in our arsenal.

Pros

I became a JotForm user when Adobe sunsetted its FormsCentral product and I've never looked back. With a little effort, truly anyone can build an attractive, functional form using JotForm. You don't have to know any html, CSS, JavaScript, etc. That said, you will probably have to know some CSS to get a form to look just the way you want it to if you are adding it to your website. At least that is my experience. While the the form builder does allow for extensive customization, I've found that I've had to add my own CSS to achieve the perfect look I was seeking. Fortunately, JotForm makes tweaking the form look using your own code very easy.

JotForm is a very mature and feature-rich platform that contemplates nearly any form need, from conditionals, to calculations, to autoresponders. All field types are available and it's easy to set the properties for each, such as required, character limits, hover text, example text, etc. Using URL parameters, you can pre-populate your form fields, too. You can also use hidden fields to perform calculations or set up honey pots for security. Perhaps the nicest thing about JotForm is all its options are available to every form you build, regardless of which level you buy (or even if the free tier is all you need). What you pay for is the number of forms and the number of submissions.

There are literally hundreds of plugins that extend functionality, all included. Customer support is top notch and documentation extensive.

Cons

We purchased a tier that allows up to ten users, however, only the primary user can create forms up to the tier limit--the others users essentially have the limits of the free plan. The only way they can avoid those limits is by moving forms they create to the primary user and sharing the form. I've also occasionally experienced issues with payment.

Sheila A.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

• Customer Support Software

How JotForm made a difference in my workflow

Reviewed on 2021-09-14

My previous company used jotform for different purposes. Form Audits, Surveys and Data Entry. I've always found it convenient.

Pros

The ability to customize forms and be creative about them. I also like the fact that you can group entries and collaborate with other people.

Cons

The 100 submission limit for the free/starter pack. I wish it was more than 100.
Also, I am using the jotform to make my workflow smoother. Hence, if I upgrade, the company would not be reimbursing me. It would be great I can obtain a better price.

Response from Jotform

Thanks for your perfect rating. We really appreciate it.
There's actually a way to get an increase of your submissions limit permanently, that's simply to share or spread the word about Jotform. Check this out https://www.jotform.com/myaccount/increase-limits.
If you need assistance with your workflow, please contact us via our support contact form here https://www.jotform.com/contact/ so we can help.

Justina S.

• Customer Support Software

Best tool for small shops

Reviewed on 2021-06-07

At least every two weeks, I say, "JotForm is a life saver." Honestly, I don't know where our organization would be without it. I know there is much, much more we could be doing with it to help us save time. It's been nothing but perfect for us for a variety of projects and initiatives.

Pros

We have a small staff, and we're always looking for tools that can help us close some skills gaps. Many of us wear many hats, and JotForm makes these pieces of our roles easier. For instance, we don't have a web developer, but with JotForm, we don't need one. The drag and drop editor is simple enough for anyone to use. Some of our favorite features include: the automatic email messages upon submission, widgets and integrations (like payment processors), and the new reporting tools.

We also try to maximize the benefits of JotForm by connecting it to our other systems through Zapier. Overall, it's been a lifesaver for a small, non-profit organization like ours.

Cons

We've only scratched the surface of what JotForm can do, but so far, I like everything. Sometimes I do wish there were some sort of text confirmation capability, but I understand how tricky that could be.

Response from JotForm

We have an SMS Confirmation Widget that's powered by Twilio. If you want to add it to your form, check this out https://www.jotform.com/widgets/sms-confirmation.
Feel free to contact us at https://www.jotform.com/contact/ if you have more questions.
Thank you for sharing your great experience using JotForm. That's really an awesome review and we are so grateful for that. Cheers!

Great product

Reviewed on 2019-05-16

Pros

I like the ease of creating forms within few minutes in few clicks. JotForm has integration with lots of third party apps which make it much more useful. I have used it to build plenty of automation.

Cons

They have a great support channel but at times the support representatives are not really helpful. Looks like they are building a support community which does not have answers always. Also, there were some instances where JotForm's script interferes with modern WordPress theme's scripts.

Google Forms and Typeform

Reasons for Switching to Jotform

JotForm was preferred considering ease of use and a huge integration catalog.
Geeta S.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Love the conditional logic!

Reviewed on 2021-01-25

Pros

Conditional logic - love being able to make our own rules for various situations.

Cons

Some of the widgets don't work like we need them to and we have to find work-arounds.

Response from JotForm

Thanks for your nice review. If you have issues with widgets, please contact us through our support contact form here https://www.jotform.com/contact/ so we can work on a solution for your needs. Thanks!

Ram G.
  • Industry: Food Production

A VERY HAPPY JOTFORM CUSTOMER

Reviewed on 2018-08-22

Pros

I think discovering this has been amazing for our team, we are a team of organic farmers. We deliver produce to consumers directly. With such simple forms interface we are able to design forms to take orders from different customers seamlessly! Features like autoresponder, conditions and user CSS are so useful!
But the true power of this comes with the APIs they expose and all the integrations they provide, if you are good with programming, there is so much you can do!

We use google sheets integration extensively to track availability and use JOTFORM API to automatically publish that to the forms. I also have scripts to consolidate the orders, and send out packing lists from a server. Saved us a tonne of time and effort.

A very responsive customer support as well!

Cons

Sometimes I wish they had a phone customer support, but their email support has very quick turnaround, si i guess it's okay for now!

I think user Javascript has been disabled for security reasons but maybe they can find a way to ensure security and write JS as well

Phil H.

An excellent hosted form solution

Reviewed on 2020-09-24

Jotform has enabled us to build hosted forms that perform flawlessly with no infrastructure and no training. The high level of customization and the ability to embed the form makes this our go-to tool for building online forms.

Pros

Jotform is a hosted solution that allows you to build a form and distribute it immediately. The ability to customize and embed the form enables a low skill workforce to build solutions for a wide variety of use cases.

Cons

The simple pricing tiers. Not everyone has the same needs and it would be nice to be able to swap some functionality for other functionality without jumping into a higher priced tier.

Response from JotForm

Thanks for your nice review. Can you please let us know which functionality that you're looking for at https://www.jotform.com/contact/ so we can help? I believe all the features are available on any plans. What really differs between the plans are the limits (e.g. monthly submissions, form views, number of forms) and the HIPAA feature which is only available on Silver and Gold plans.

Henry K.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

10/10 Form Software

Reviewed on 2020-07-01

Overall, absolutely will continue to use and find new ways to form. Thanks Jotform.

Pros

I cannot stress enough how great this software is for novice users. Jotform allows me and my crew to create versatile forms for in-house and client use. Also the most inexpensive out there with very little advertising on pages.

Cons

There has been a couple glitches with the automated email notifications where I set up a notification weekly and it sends me about 10 emails.

Response from JotForm

May we know if you're still experiencing issues with email notification? There should be no longer problem with emails. Please don't hesitate to contact us in our Support System through our contact form here https://www.jotform.com/contact/ so we can further help you. Thank you for leaving such a positive rating and have a good one!

Renee S.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Can I Count the Ways I Love JotForm?

Reviewed on 2019-01-16

We use JotForm in my organization for all kinds of needs. It has allowed us to take a lot of processes that were email dependent and completely streamline them. Our Team Members in the field love the ease of submitting support tickets and completing other processes digitally, and our support center Team Members love being able to receive all the information that they need to support our field Team Members without any back and forth. We are absolute JotForm evangelists here.

Pros

Extremely user friendly and intuitive, flexible, inexpensive, great design, tons of added plug-ins, amazing logic branching capability. BEST FORMS TOOL EVER.

Cons

Absolutely nothing. They should make me an affiliate though!

Malena A.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

• Customer Support Software

The best form builder I've found yet

Reviewed on 2019-12-03

This is the best form builder I've ever found. It's free up to a point. I use it to send and recieve client contracts for photography sessions. I'm able to upload a photo of my contract and then I add all of the questions I need answered into the jotform manually. I also use it to recieve signatures electronically and im able to make my questions a requirement to answer.

Pros

Jotform is easy to use. You can get five free forms at any given time. They plans are extremely affordable as well if you use it for business.

Cons

I'd like more image options. Or for the ability to upload an editable form that could appear larger to people opening the form.

Felix T.
  • Industry: Higher Education Software
  • Used for 1-5 months

A Great Choice to Make An Attractive Survey Form with Cheap Price

Reviewed on 2020-06-03

Overall, it's a great alternatives for me personally instead of using google form. It has more advanced options and design customizations. Some of its cons also can be solved by doing several missions. So, with all of its features and budget, Jotform is one of a great choice to make a good-looking form with low budget!

Pros

1. It is user-friendly, all of its interface is easy to be learned.

2. Advanced customized design, for those who seek aesthetic survey form, Jotfrom has good options and customizations to make our own personal design of survey form. It has more options and alternatives to design our form rather than plain survey form of Googleform. It also makes our survey form looked to be more professional.

3. It has more alternatives form of questions as well, rather than google form. Moreover, its advanced settings of each question enables us to help specifiy respondent's answer on the reponse column. JotForm also enables us to set the input value of each response from the creation of each survey items. It also can be converted to many format, including excels. It's great!

Cons

1. Jotform has its own limitation for monthly submission (100 submissions/month if you have free account). However, it can be solved by upgrading your account or if you're really really having problem of budget, you can increase your limit permanently by doing several missions (eg. follow instagram, invite friends, etc.).

Response from JotForm

That's a lot of pros you got there! Thanks a lot for that and for your overall amazing review. We greatly appreciate it.
Cheers!

Demeine W.
  • Industry: Legal Services
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

WhaT A GREAT FIND

Reviewed on 2021-06-11

Magnificent

Pros

It was the easiest and most efficient program that I have used to create a form

Cons

I would like more control with the answer boxes and more options for entering a date or a number

Response from JotForm

Thanks for using JotForm. Please help us understand more about your request by providing more details at https://www.jotform.com/contact/ so we can further help you and provide workarounds when possible.

Eric S.

Could Not Be Easier

Reviewed on 2020-01-26

Very easy to use. The form builder is intuitive. Could not be easier to to embed into our website

Pros

Revolutionized the way we collect data from our members and submit it to the Ohio BWC. We used to have data mailed in or faxed. It was a huge pain. This could not be easier

Cons

Nothing. I would not change a thing in regards to this software

Response from JotForm

Glad to know that you found the real app that perfectly fits your needs. Thank you for your awesome review! :)

Rusty W.

Premium Alternative

Reviewed on 2021-05-07

Jotform is a highly effective time saver when creating forms that need complex options. No programming or database knowledge need! I love Jotform!

Pros

The advanced features such as flowchart integration for education and premium templates. Jotform feels much more polished than other data collecting software (i.e. Google Forms). Complicated data collection can be easier with Jotform.

Cons

Pricier business model that free versions. More advanced features require a steeper learning curve than other online software of the same type. It can get complicated.

Response from JotForm

Thank you for your nice review. Make sure to check out our user guides section http://www.jotform.com/help/ for text instructions and video tutorials if you're having difficulties with any of the features you're using. We made sure there are guides ready in every feature including the recently released ones. You can also contact us in our support system through our contact form here https://www.jotform.com/contact/ if you need further assistance. Have a good one!

Nicole H.

• Customer Support Software

excellent service and jot form is easy to use

Reviewed on 2021-05-08

Pros

easy and great to use just wish with the silver the payments submissions was unlimited to ­čśŐ

Cons

everything is great i have no complaints

Response from JotForm

Thanks for the perfect review. We really appreciate it.

Ryan L.

• Customer Support Software

Because coding forms can be fun

Reviewed on 2019-04-17

Overall this is an amazing software tool. We've been using it for quite a while and it's really been very effective for internal communication and external client forms, surveys and some submission forms.

Pros

It's so easy to setup a contact/submission form and publish to your document or website. Even someone with no coding knowledge can make a contact form.

Cons

The object dragging function takes some getting used to. Can be a bit glitchy at times

• Customer Support Software

Jotform is a great program and simple to use.

Reviewed on 2018-04-16

Pros

The price is great for the amount we use it. Also, it can be downloaded as a pdf. This is important for our school since we typically need to create forms and then share the results.

Cons

We use this program a great deal in our school but we can't put our logo on the top of forms. Since many of our forms are sent to those outside the school we wish we could identify ourselves better.

Terri K.
  • Industry: Hospitality

• Customer Support Software

Best work order program yet

Reviewed on 2019-12-12

This has by far been the best method used to enter and track work orders.

Pros

This program has it all. Way to track, update, assign, and close out your work orders. Easy to keep the guests up to date on the progress of the work order.

Cons

I wish that there was a way to automatically update the guest as the work order progressed through the system.

Juliana D.

JotForm is Great

Reviewed on 2021-07-11

Absolutely wonderful

Pros

I love how simple and easy it was to convert one of my pdf forms into the JotForm and how user friendly the form was. it was a huge upgrade.

Cons

Honestly I have nothing negative to say about JotForm. The only thing is the support, not a huge fan of not being able to get someone on the phone.

Response from JotForm

Unfortunately, we do not provide phone support but we would be more than happy to help in our support system https://www.jotform.com/answers/.
Thank you for using JotForm and we are happy that you love it. Cheers!

Magdalene V.
  • Industry: Accounting Software

• Customer Support Software

Modernising Contracts and Lead Collections!

Reviewed on 2019-10-21

Pros

I use this program for my business contracts as I have been working on reducing my company's carbon footprint over the past few years. I find that this program is not only powerful, but has many customisable layouts for a very professional aesthetic.

Cons

There have been times when my emails have either been rejected, or have ended up in a Client's SPAM folder as the I think Jotform may have been listed as SPAM. Unsure though.

Google Forms

Reasons for Switching to Jotform

I use both, depending on my current situations needs.
Nick E.

A great, flexible tool that can assist with many aspects of our business

Reviewed on 2020-02-26

We are using jotform for our employees to create new jobs. Previously we were using paper based forms which meant our admin team was double and triple handling data. With Jotform, the data will be electronic which cuts at least 1 lot of handling out of the process and is slowly allowing us to cut out all double handling in the process.

Pros

Many features that allow you to collect the data that you need for your business operations.

Cons

The output of the data could be more flexible or allow for more customisation to fit into business systems that have already been implemented. For example you can integrate with Google Sheets but cannot tell Google Sheets where to put the data that you have collected.

Response from JotForm

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Just FYI, we have updated our Google Spreadsheet Integration. Aside from creating a new sheet on your account, you can now integrate it to your existing sheet. You can also now select fields that you want to send to the sheet. Here's a guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/790-How-to-integrate-JotForm-with-Google-Sheets-V2

Keith A.

Jotform

Reviewed on 2021-05-02

Pros

Very easy to use interface including load of plugins to the most popular apps. Regular upgrades are implemented.

Cons

In busy periods, limits are sometimes restricting.

Response from JotForm

Thank you for your positive remarks, Keith. That's so much appreciated. Have a good one!