ZoomShift

Scheduling software for hourly employees.

4.5 /5 (79 reviews) Write a Review!
4.2
4.4
Thea H.
Industry: Warehousing

Great for Small Business Scheduling

Reviewed on 2018-08-26

Pros

I run a small business, 3 employees, so a traditional time clock is insane overkill, but I needed something for employees to clock in and out, view their schedules, and make requests. Zoomshift has work really well for us - we have had them for 3 years and I have never questioned about getting rid of the program. Its nice for scheduling on my end, but also notifies the employees of new shifts and shift reminders. Also, if can be app based that my employees just use their phones to clock in and out which can be helpful. Plus there is a GPS feature so employees cannot clock in with their phones if they are not at work - which has helped with a few teen employees in the past. I think for the price it provides great features and has been extremely helpful.

Cons

I do wish that when you achieve an employee that their shift information from the past stayed on reports. It wouldn't be the end of the world if when you were archiving them you could download their shift history, which you can, but its limited to 3 months (?). With my last employee that left, I had to spend 20 minutes trying to download his shift history just in case I need it down the road for reporting.

David S.
Industry: Computer Hardware

Solid Scheduling Software of the 21st Century

Reviewed on 2017-01-08

Right off the bat, let me say that I absolutely love this software!
Clock in from your phone? Check!
Copy schedule templates by week to save time? Check!
Assign new positions, locations, and employees on the fly? CHECK!
With a feature-rich program that lets you create schedules, approve and review timesheets, and print reports of wages and earnings, there's no management question that ZoomShift can't answer.
And if a question or two happens to slip by, rest assured that ZoomShift offers one of the best customer support services I've ever experienced. Just click a bubble on the corner of your screen and a chat bubble pops up, and within moments the team at ZoomShift will shoot back a response to solve any problem you may encounter.
It's like instant messaging your best friend in IT.
And the 'low cost' to 'feature-rich application' ratio is INCREDIBLY imbalanced in favor of the user. For only a few dollars per employee, gain over 20 different tools and utilizations to help you track time, initiate group discussions, drag and drop employee timeslots, filter by store or employee, it's an all-around MUST for anyone maintaining a business, and a clock-in system setup on your computer or tablet only adds more sweetness in the icing on the cake.
It seems like I'm rambling, but there really IS this much to talk about when it comes to ZoomShift. And I swear by my life that I'm not paid or sponsored by ZoomShift at all.
These guys deserve some credit for listening to the people that want a complete scheduling workstation.
Gone are the days of mentally draining timeslot puzzle solving chores.

ZoomShift has clocked in.

Pros

Easy interface, dozens of helpful tools, color coding and drag/dropping, mobile and web interface

Cons

Limited color options for positions, Billing liaison cannot be messaged directly by employees

Industry: Entertainment

Excellent for our escape room business

Reviewed on 2018-10-15

Pros

When we went from one employee to three, I was looking for an easy and scalable tool that would continue to work for us as we grew. Zoomshift offers exactly what we needed! My favorite features are the Google Calendar integration option, the ability to set shift preferences, and the ease of time off requests. This has been a huge timesaver for me.

Cons

I haven't run into anything I dislike so far.

Kevin Z.
Industry: Hospitality

zoomshift review

Reviewed on 2016-08-15

So far, Zoomshift has had most of what we as a small restaurant group of five different distinct concepts needs. However, there are still a lot of issues with one manager's actions bleeding over and affecting the other restaurants. Customer service has been prompt and helpful most of the time, and it does feel like our suggestions are being taken seriously. I'd still love to see much better siloing and more robust walls between restaurants. I'd like to be able to see only when there is a conflict with employees who work at more than one location, and have the rest of all the information be separated. The filters are useful, but it would be better if there was more separation between locations.

Pros

Love the ease of use, and I love the support

Cons

Everything from all the restaurants tends to get lumped together. We'd really like to have more control over which managers see which employees, etc. Swaps also are very unnecessarily confusing.

Response from ZoomShift

Kevin,

Thanks for the review and feedback!

It sounds like you are using locations to separate your various restaurants. Have you tried creating separate schedules? This will allow each restaurant to have it's own schedule and will prevent any crossover. Just ping us on support and we can help you get this setup.

-Ben

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Laura K.

Perfect stop-gap solution

Reviewed on 2015-12-17

We are using ZoomShift in the Amazon Books store while we wait for our Kronos implementation to be complete. We started with the scheduling piece, which is very user-friendly/easy to understand and manipulate, and are incorporating the new time clock feature within the next couple of weeks. Our associates use the app to check their schedule and send availability and timeoffs, which they love, and the drag-and-drop scheduling is a hit with our managers. In HR, we love being able to see everything that's going on from anywhere, and the built-in reporting on hours scheduled vs. worked saves us hours of manual work.

While ZoomShift doesn't offer every single functionality that we'd like as a big company, it's been great as a stop-gap solution. ZoomShift customer service is the most responsive and helpful I've ever encountered. We're moving fast, and it's so nice to know that anytime we reach out to them we'll have an almost immediate answer and solution. Once, they even built a feature we asked for that they didn't have yet...within one day of us asking about it. I'd highly recommend ZoomShift to anyone looking for a time and attendance system for a small- to mid-sized business.

T H.

Great for Small Business

Reviewed on 2016-08-07

I really like zoom shift for my small business; it allows me to save money but also have a legit scheduling software. Its layout is very clean and it has some really good training videos and tutorials. I also like that it has 3 tiers for pricing, we are on the move 'expensive' one, but thats less than $20/month.

Pros

- Clean
- Employees love app (great for time clock)
- GPS feature is a needed addition for different locations and employees clocking in/out on phone
- Cost

Cons

- The GPS feature still hasn't given me a warning/notification about an employee away from the building at clock in/out even though I know its happened

Scott G.
Industry: Arts & Crafts
Company size: Self Employed

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020-02-20

Very happy with ZoomShift. Intuitive interface. Discussion feature is very useful.

Pros

Really simple to communicate with others using the group conversation feature. All it takes is a few clicks. Web-based and mobile app work very well.

Cons

Would love for it to integrate with iCal, Gmail, etc. so all my appointments are in one view. I use the free version so it is possible that this functionality exists with the paid version.

Gordon F.
Industry: Education Management

Surprise new program

Reviewed on 2016-11-07

Since I missed all the training on ZoomShift, I really didn't have any problems which a simple question fixed. A straight forward program. I can't rate Value for Money as I have no idea of the cost of the program

Pros

NA

Cons

none

Sean P.

Has made my job so much easier, and faster.

Reviewed on 2015-08-19

I love the pre-set times that I customized, especially with 3 stores. The request off features makes it a lot faster, along with the availability features. I cannot wait for a mobile app for ZoomShift that is probably the only bad thing I can say, that would help for the employees. They have made it easier to load new emp. into the system, most emp. use ZoomShift to find other emp. phone numbers and e-mail addresses. I have and will continue to tell other managers and business owners about Zoomshift, and how it will simplify their lives!

Response from ZoomShift

Sean,

Thanks for the awesome feedback! We love having you as a customer.

We are releasing mobile apps for iOS and Android in the next few weeks :).

Kelle C.
Industry: Retail

ZoomShift has helped us!

Reviewed on 2017-01-05

I have enjoyed the convenience of getting the schedule done and getting it done quickly and out to my employees. The shift reminders are nice as well!

Pros

The convenience of making and posting the schedule.

Cons

How the time offs are set up.

Brennan P.

Very Functional and Attractive Scheduling Tool

Reviewed on 2015-08-21

This was designed for restaurants; I am using it to schedule teachers and classes at a private ESL school, and it totally works for our needs. There are a couple restaurant-specific features we don't need, but they don't get in the way. Customer service at ZoomShift is very swift and super friendly.

Response from ZoomShift

Brennan,

Thanks for the review! It's always interesting to see all of the different use cases for ZoomShift. It's rewarding to see it being used at an ESL school! I have a few friends that teach at an ESL school and I admire what they do.

Edward W.
Industry: Facilities Services

Review of zoomshift

Reviewed on 2016-08-26

I like the software. It is just sometimes difficult to get a speedy response when needed customer service.

Pros

It is easy to use and affordable.

Cons

I would like it if it would add up the hours of employees over a perior of two week or whatever your pay period is.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Darla K.

Simple to use and straight to the point

Reviewed on 2016-01-25

I chose Zoomshift over other scheduling software because of the ease of use. The schedules i'm managing change weekly so I love the way I'm able to save a shift templates and just choose which shift is needed day by day. The interface allows me to drag and replace shifts if I accidentally schedule something in the wrong spot, which is helpful when I'm trying not to spend all day on schedules. The customer service is also great, every time I have a question I just chat in and Jon or Ben are super quick to reply back.

Lisa W.

Something to lighten the load!

Reviewed on 2016-03-18

ZoomShift is a great way of controlling and organising staff, and keeps an easy to view record of who has done what and when. Clocking in function via the app is brilliant and makes it easy for the staff to use.
I've tried a number of other apps and this is the best by far - plus it's developing all the time so will only get better and better!

Tanea S.

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING

Reviewed on 2015-11-28

They were there every step of the way through installation and they are extremly helpful and freindly. Any request for changes that we've put in have gone through in less than a week! I recommend to any and everyone in need of schedueling software!!!

Caitlin S.

Saves time making schedules and better attendance records

Reviewed on 2017-01-20

Helps our staff with better attendance; easy access to their schedule from anywhere, anytime! Saves time scheduling multiple locations and distributing a schedule to staff.

Michael E.

Very easy to use and makes scheduling more efficient.

Reviewed on 2015-09-09

This is a great product and makes my scheduling quick. My one problem is with the fact that I have to pay for 2 subscriptions within the same group.

Emily S.

This is a Required Title

Reviewed on 2016-10-17

It's been great since my team moved from TESS to ZoomShift. It's been super easy to use and we all enjoy having the change.

Lauren S.

Glitches

Reviewed on 2015-08-20

The new functionality is great but I constantly get the "Whoops! Something went wrong" error every time I login, and every time I load a shift template it says that some didn't get loaded. I'm constantly refreshing the website. My team has had troubles dropping and picking up shifts which seems to be better in this past release.

Overall we like it but the glitches and error messages are very high and frequent.

Response from ZoomShift

Lauren,

Thanks for your honest feedback. I'm looking into your account right now and the errors that you have mentioned. It sounds like this may be a browser issue that we can get fixed for you. I'm sending you a personal message as well.

Industry: Entertainment

Just what you need to be a success

Reviewed on 2018-09-06

Timesheet activation can be based off IP so staff have to be onsite before they can check in via web.

Pros

It allowed us to manage staff across 4 sites with absolute ease. Timesheet management has never been easier.

Cons

Multiple sites required careful management of availability as staff can be double booked.

Alex K.

The BEST scheduling software I have ever used!

Reviewed on 2016-07-02

I have been using ZOOM-SHIFT for about 6 months now and I have saved so much time in making staff's time sheet. It is so easy to use and I always get a prompt answer on questions I have asked. The customer is excellent and I would really recommend for small businesses.

Pros

With Zoomshift, You can save so much time planning and making employees schedules. You can make many adjustments such as changing employees working hours or working days and its hourly pay. Last minute change is available as you can simply click employee shift and make an adjustment.
Also, it gives you a good picture of how much you are spending on your payroll and how much you are paying to each employee weekly. The print/export function also allows you to convert your schedule to pdf file which you can print and give it to your employees.
"copy and paste" identical shift function also allows you to save so much time making employee schedule.

Cons

This is not really a con but is there a way to bring staff's schedule which is few weeks back? I know I can copy previous weeks schedule but I don't know yet if I can copy a schedule which is more than a week ago.

Laurie M.

Love this program. It is easy to use and the customer service is fantastic!

Reviewed on 2018-07-10

Pros

We use Zoomshift seasonal for a public swimming pool. We have over 50 employees. Zoomshift lets us put requested days off in and lifeguards can swap shifts with ease. We love this program.

Cons

Zoomshift lets you categorize by position. I would like if I could put names in alphabetical order.

Chiharu G.

Easy and accessible tool for both employees and employer to help manage scheduling and payroll.

Reviewed on 2016-04-01

Zoom shift is a flexible and accessible tool for employees to be able to change their schedule to fit their needs. It's easy to make last minute changes to schedules, adjust employee hours while simultaneously being able to keep track on how much your spending on payroll. They offer exporting tools that are convenient for accounting. Overall i'm very satisfied with the product. The customer service is great, always friendly and checking up answering question and offering tips. It's very affordable for everything that it offers. It's a very user friendly tool that is easy to use for both employees and management. It has taken out all the hassle of scheduling!

Paul M.

Only about 3 months

Reviewed on 2016-01-09

Pros:
many different views to see the schedule; instant changes so saving isn't necessary if forgotten; discussions options is helpful
Cons:
cannot copy and paste shifts for identical shifts (that I know of); cannot copy portions of schedules onto future schedules

Response from ZoomShift

Paul,

Thanks for the review! You actually can copy and paste shifts, and also copy portions of a schedule from week to week. I will send you a message through the app explaining how to do this.

Co-Founder

Shelley C.

Saving time!

Reviewed on 2016-06-05

I was searching for a scheduling application for my small business and came across zoomshift, it has helped me to engage my mostly volunteer workforce in the scheduling process in a way that has saved me loads of time and stress. I have appreciated the prompt customer service and ease of use of the application. We have been using zoom shift for two months and are still learning the ins and out of it all, but would recommend it to other small businesses.