ZoomShift Reviews

ZoomShift

Scheduling software for hourly employees.

4.5/5
4.2/5
4.4/5
Customer Support Software
4.5/5

Nikki

Very intuitive software

Reviewed on 2021-10-19

Keeps things more clean and organized, less room for error b/c before we were just using google docs

Pros

I like the ease with which me and my team can use it, very user friendly and intuitive, i like the ability to replicate weeks at a time, love how easy it is to track payroll

Cons

I hate that you have to request each individual shift for coverage requests, would love the ability to request multiple shifts at once

Shannon

Great Scheduling App

Reviewed on 2021-08-11

It's honestly been one of the greatest software tools we've implemented. Staff has been great and answered any and all of my questions. I, and my staff, use the app every day.

Pros

ZoomShift is easy to use, and allows me to easily implement schedule templates. It's taken a manual practice and digitalize it in a very fun and easy way. My staff loves it. And I love how quick it allows me to do that very monotonous part of my job. I also frequently use the message feature to send out updates, memos, and individual messages to my staff. My sanity has been saved by the time-off request feature. Instead of five people coming up to me each day, asking for time off, I get their updates in the app. It's awesome.

Cons

I would love to have both blank shift templates AND have employee-assigned shift templates. I could easily rotate a schedule that much faster, if I didnt have to assign each shift each week. The paid time off allowances are a pain for me, as we work primarily with that feature in the lense of vacation time, which I look at as a matter of days and not hours.

Rebecca

• Customer Support Software

I liked the earlier versions of zoomshift more. I have been using zoomshift for 3 years

The pros:

The pros:
-quick and easy platform for communication
-accesible to everyone

The cons:
-constantly crashing and loses communication with the server
-much more confusing to drop/pick up shifts
-frustrating when helpful features were available, then erased, then returned

Response from ZoomShift

Rebecca,

Sorry to hear that you liked the old version of ZoomShift more. In an effort to continually make the software more useful we have added new features and redesigned the application a few times. I will reach out to you to chat more about what we can do better.

Delton
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

The wonders of Zoomshift

Reviewed on 2020-02-17

My people cannot clock into a shift until they are on site. This encourages them to be there a little early so they can get the full shift on the clock. They must clock out or the shift is considered unfinished. They only get paid for finished work.

Pros

The usability of the product is wonderful. All of my employees are using it and do so with ease.

Cons

I am have an issue with keeping the notifications flowing to the security guards without all of the emails coming to me every time a discussion point is posted. It is probably due to a programming error.

Alex

• Customer Support Software

The BEST scheduling software I have ever used!

Reviewed on 2016-07-02

I have been using ZOOM-SHIFT for about 6 months now and I have saved so much time in making staff's time sheet. It is so easy to use and I always get a prompt answer on questions I have asked. The customer is excellent and I would really recommend for small businesses.

Pros

With Zoomshift, You can save so much time planning and making employees schedules. You can make many adjustments such as changing employees working hours or working days and its hourly pay. Last minute change is available as you can simply click employee shift and make an adjustment.
Also, it gives you a good picture of how much you are spending on your payroll and how much you are paying to each employee weekly. The print/export function also allows you to convert your schedule to pdf file which you can print and give it to your employees.
"copy and paste" identical shift function also allows you to save so much time making employee schedule.

Cons

This is not really a con but is there a way to bring staff's schedule which is few weeks back? I know I can copy previous weeks schedule but I don't know yet if I can copy a schedule which is more than a week ago.

Laurie

• Customer Support Software

Love this program. It is easy to use and the customer service is fantastic!

Reviewed on 2018-07-10

Pros

We use Zoomshift seasonal for a public swimming pool. We have over 50 employees. Zoomshift lets us put requested days off in and lifeguards can swap shifts with ease. We love this program.

Cons

Zoomshift lets you categorize by position. I would like if I could put names in alphabetical order.

Sean

Awesome product

Reviewed on 2017-02-16

Where do I begin? Great value, it has been such a time saver. The employee's love it, they can check their schedule, ask for time off, swap shift or pick-up shifts from their computer or their phones anywhere anytime.

Pros

easy, fast, efficient it is such a time saver, great customer service

Cons

Nothing after I talk to them and they show me how to do their updates

Brittny

• Customer Support Software

ZoomShift great for volunteer scheduling in addition to employees

Reviewed on 2021-10-27

The customer service representatives have been super timely in responding to any inquiries and have been incredibly pleasant to work with. I believe the software, combined with the customer experience has made working with ZoomShift a wonderful experience.

Pros

This product is super easy to use, and even if you have zero experience working with a scheduling software, the system is fairly intuitive and makes scheduling volunteers super easy.

Cons

The only feature that we would likely benefit from, would be an option to just post Saturdays on the calendar. We only schedule on Saturdays, so this is super small on the grand scheme of things, but really the only other thing we could benefit from, otherwise, this software has been super efficient for us.

Debra
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

Great management tool

Reviewed on 2021-12-09

The software is user friendly

The software is user friendly

Pros

the ease of setting schedules and vacation time works

Cons

I don't have one because it does everything I need it to do.

Jon
  • Industry: Wholesale

• Customer Support Software

Super simple and easy to use for a small company without a physical time clock on site.

Reviewed on 2021-10-25

Pros

We use the mobile clock in and clock out functionality every day and it just works, no problems, no complaints. Setup is easy, just create a new user in the system and the system sends an email with all the instructions for the user to get started.
We don't need alot of bells and whitles but ZoomShift has them but the interface isn't so complex that the extras get in the way.

Cons

We don't use alot of the functionality but what we do use if flawless, no complaints.

Bill
  • Industry: Veterinary Software

Central Veterinary Center/County Line Veterinary Hospital

Reviewed on 2022-01-26

Not having to do things manually.

Not having to do things manually.

Pros

Easy for employees to navigate and understand.

Cons

Needs more PTO features and reporting enhancements

Nicholas

• Customer Support Software

I really like the scheduling software a ton. It makes my life easier.

Reviewed on 2015-08-19

The pros: 1. Super simple to use. 2. Great customer service. 3. Quick to fix & make it right. 4. Always finding easier ways to schedule and work for the employees.

The cons: 1. Sometimes the schedule prints out to small. 2. The software will change a ton almost to much at some point it can stay if it works for everyone.

Response from ZoomShift

Nicholas,

Thanks for your review and honest feedback!

I understand your pain with the schedule printing out too small. We are working on adding a way for users to change the size of the print view. This should help make the print outs work no matter the size of your schedule.

Also, as one of the guys who works on the code for ZoomShift everyday, I will admit that it has changed a ton over the past couple years. We are always trying to make the product better and this has resulted in some drastic changes. This has been our approach to figuring out what works best for our customers. The company and product are now more mature and major product changes are unlikely in the future. We will always be adding new features, but hopefully nothing that doesn't make you smile :).

Margaret

timesaving software

Reviewed on 2022-01-26

very positive

very positive

Pros

the ability to schedule multiple people over multiple locations with ease- lots of built in copy and past features that save time

Cons

I wish you could add additional users to view only without the additional cost

Dylan

• Customer Support Software

Eased my management pains and let me get back to my job of running an IT Help Desk.

Reviewed on 2015-08-19

I employ 20 wonderful student employees, all with ever changing schedules, academic work, clubs and social outings. I use to spend five to six hours a week fussing over the Google Calendar schedule, and when anyone tried to drop/trade/or got sick, scheduling took over my entire work day.

Zoomshift changed all of that. I have been a customer for almost three years now and cannot recommend this software enough. Most importantly Zoomshift helps us uphold standards as a work team. There is no longer any doubt that employees know when they work or can check readily. I love Zoomshift because its contribution to my professional life is on par with having hired someone to do my scheduling for me.

Sincerely,

Dylan Houston, MPA
Computer Center Manager
The Evergreen State College

Response from ZoomShift

Dylan,

Thanks for being such a loyal customer. You guys have been with us since the beginning! Your review is making everyone at ZoomShift smile right now :).

Sara

Review for Zoomshift

Reviewed on 2016-08-12

For some reason Jenny choose this instead of working with Google Calendar. OK. We are here. It is my understanding that you were helpful to Jenny when she was setting it up.

Pros

I like that it shows the amount of money billed per job per week for an employee.

Cons

I would like our cleaners to be able to adjust their own schedules without having to have manager capabilities and seeing others schedules and pay rates. I don't like that it is hard to use on my phone. Yes I can see my shifts, but it is harder to change things.

Carolina

Easy Scheduling

Reviewed on 2020-02-19

Pros

I love how easy it is to set my team's schedule. Our staff also gets notifications of changes and make time-off requests with ease. It is also affordable.

Cons

Nothing. It is perfect for what I need.

SEAN

• Customer Support Software

Has made my job so much easier, and faster.

Reviewed on 2015-08-19

I love the pre-set times that I customized, especially with 3 stores. The request off features makes it a lot faster, along with the availability features. I cannot wait for a mobile app for ZoomShift that is probably the only bad thing I can say, that would help for the employees. They have made it easier to load new emp. into the system, most emp. use ZoomShift to find other emp. phone numbers and e-mail addresses. I have and will continue to tell other managers and business owners about Zoomshift, and how it will simplify their lives!

Response from ZoomShift

Sean,

Thanks for the awesome feedback! We love having you as a customer.

We are releasing mobile apps for iOS and Android in the next few weeks :).

ROBERT

• Customer Support Software

This App works Great and support for it is great!

Reviewed on 2018-06-27

Pros

I can track better my people in the field and at the same time I can see what it is costing. It also helps keep my people in line.

Cons

As the owner, I cant see the full schedule at in one screen on the App. I need to be on the computer and website to see that in full.

Brennan

Very Functional and Attractive Scheduling Tool

Reviewed on 2015-08-21

This was designed for restaurants; I am using it to schedule teachers and classes at a private ESL school, and it totally works for our needs. There are a couple restaurant-specific features we don't need, but they don't get in the way. Customer service at ZoomShift is very swift and super friendly.

Response from ZoomShift

Brennan,

Thanks for the review! It's always interesting to see all of the different use cases for ZoomShift. It's rewarding to see it being used at an ESL school! I have a few friends that teach at an ESL school and I admire what they do.

David

My employees love it!

Reviewed on 2016-12-16

I'm currently using this software for over 60 employees. It's incredibly user-friendly. I probably spend about 1-2 minutes explaining how the app works and my employees pick up on it right away. In addition to being a great app, the creators of the app are wonderful. They're very quick to respond if you have any questions or need any help. They're also very receptive to feedback.

The versatility of this app is great and I think it works for a wide range of business models. I highly recommend using it!

chai yin

satisfy user

Reviewed on 2016-11-10

easy to use and view. would be helpful if the client is allow to pick the features needed than choosing from the few fixed packages. Bit pricey when the number grow bigger especially for oversea client like me.

Pros

easy to use and view

Cons

pricey.

Alex

Game Changer

Reviewed on 2016-01-26

I'll tell you why.

I'll tell you why.
I've been running a small business with 4+ employees for the last 3 years and scheduling labor had always been a huge task. I had no idea this type of software was available.

With this software I'm able to bring my labor cost down, organize employees and use less time planning employees scheduling.

Over all, this service is awesome. The user interface is clean and simple to use. The pricing doesn't hurt and customer support is on point.

Katie

• Customer Support Software

Great service and easy to use.

Reviewed on 2015-08-19

The Zoomshift staff has always been there to answer any question that I may have. Their system is easy to use and streamlined for all of my staff members, regardless of their technological knowledge.

Response from ZoomShift

Katie,

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. We take pride in our level of customer support, and I'm glad to hear that this is one of the things you like about ZoomShift. We are always around to chat :).

Cindy

ZoomShift is great!

Reviewed on 2015-09-08

I have been using Zoom Shift for awhile at my Ortho office. It very user friendly. We have recently gone through a new version and was very easy to adapt to. The only thing we have experienced on the new version at times when we try to get on is a pop up that says whoops try again later etc... that didn't happen before. It has made scheduling a lot better for me. Yes I would recommend your product to others.

Jackie

We love it!!

Reviewed on 2015-12-27

I LOVE ZoomShift! I have researched and tried many other scheduling programs and ZoomShift is by far the best. It is easy to use and all of my employees love it. It is completely reliable which has been a problem for us with other programs in the past. It also has made scheduling much easier and quicker. We absolutely love it and I have nothing bad to say about it!