4.2
Thea H.
Industry: Warehousing

Great for Small Business Scheduling

Reviewed on 8/26/2018

Pros

I run a small business, 3 employees, so a traditional time clock is insane overkill, but I needed something for employees to clock in and out, view their schedules, and make requests. Zoomshift has work really well for us - we have had them for 3 years and I have never questioned about getting rid of the program. Its nice for scheduling on my end, but also notifies the employees of new shifts and shift reminders. Also, if can be app based that my employees just use their phones to clock in and out which can be helpful. Plus there is a GPS feature so employees cannot clock in with their phones if they are not at work - which has helped with a few teen employees in the past. I think for the price it provides great features and has been extremely helpful.

Cons

I do wish that when you achieve an employee that their shift information from the past stayed on reports. It wouldn't be the end of the world if when you were archiving them you could download their shift history, which you can, but its limited to 3 months (?). With my last employee that left, I had to spend 20 minutes trying to download his shift history just in case I need it down the road for reporting.

Alissa W.

ZoomShift, great free option

Reviewed on 3/9/2020

Overall, it's great and I would recommend it to others. We will continue to use ZoomShift for our needs.

Pros

This software has a lot of pros. First, it's very easy to add staff, to make schedules, and do copy schedules to following pages. The fact it has an app is a huge advantage. Also, the summary of the hours each work is really important for us because we have caps of how much we can schedule each employee. Also, the notes are great!

Cons

I wish I could mark events on days without it being in the schedule. Like an alert that says "Event until 10 am" over that specific day. Now I have to leave the notes in each employees shift and then when I copy it, delete every note.

Lauren S.

Glitches

Reviewed on 8/20/2015

The new functionality is great but I constantly get the "Whoops! Something went wrong" error every time I login, and every time I load a shift template it says that some didn't get loaded. I'm constantly refreshing the website. My team has had troubles dropping and picking up shifts which seems to be better in this past release.

Overall we like it but the glitches and error messages are very high and frequent.

Response from ZoomShift

Lauren,

Thanks for your honest feedback. I'm looking into your account right now and the errors that you have mentioned. It sounds like this may be a browser issue that we can get fixed for you. I'm sending you a personal message as well.

Timothy F.
Industry: Veterinary

Perfect schedule tool for our team to use to stay on track to meet our business goals.

Reviewed on 2/19/2020

Efficiency in scheduling and having information immediately connected to staff is a blessing compared to our previous manual individual set scheduling policy. It has normalized the regular need to adjust start times, stop times and work assignments (You know....Vacation liability, PTO, call outs, unexpected client demands and on and on). We can now focus on providing the excellent client and patient care that we strive to achieve every day with the comfort that we have the proper skilled labor in position to meet that goal. And when we don't we have a much easier time adapting.

Pros

For me it's quick and easy to set up a complex schedule of staff (They have varying skill) that collaboratively work with each other throughout our client/patient experience. Just when you have everyone where you want them something comes up. Problem solving is quick. Everyone sees the entire schedule, real time, on their phone. They proactively help ensure that we are ready to go for future days work. Payroll "time cards" are a breeze. The developers ask for ideas and every once and awhile your idea shows up in an update. They obviously are listening. I look forward to updates and have never lost a feature that I like.

Cons

Technology always finds a way to disappoint you. It's the way of the world. Not much to complain about here. User error is the only problem I have run into and that's on us. The help feature lets you get to the bottom of the problem quickly.

Anne L.
Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Essential Scheduling Software

Reviewed on 2/13/2020

Zoomshift has become essential to easily managing our staffing and schedule. With about 90 employees, it's so important to have everyone connected and Zoomshift keeps us all on the same page. The developers are fabulous and absolutely interested in making the program work for us as a client. I can't imagine operating without it!

Pros

Zoomshift makes managing the staff schedule simple and streamlined. It's so easy to communicate with the staff, all resources are in the same place and easily accessible, notifications mean no one misses a shift because they didn't know. Past shifts are all saved and it is simple to compile payroll data. Reports are useful and the user interface is excellent. Any questions or requests for features are addressed promptly and personally by Zoomshift support.

Cons

Our company does not use the time clock because we pay by the day and the program records shifts in hours. But this does not interfere with how easy the program is to use; it's just a feature not necessary for us.

David S.
Industry: Computer Hardware

Solid Scheduling Software of the 21st Century

Reviewed on 1/8/2017

Right off the bat, let me say that I absolutely love this software!
Clock in from your phone? Check!
Copy schedule templates by week to save time? Check!
Assign new positions, locations, and employees on the fly? CHECK!
With a feature-rich program that lets you create schedules, approve and review timesheets, and print reports of wages and earnings, there's no management question that ZoomShift can't answer.
And if a question or two happens to slip by, rest assured that ZoomShift offers one of the best customer support services I've ever experienced. Just click a bubble on the corner of your screen and a chat bubble pops up, and within moments the team at ZoomShift will shoot back a response to solve any problem you may encounter.
It's like instant messaging your best friend in IT.
And the 'low cost' to 'feature-rich application' ratio is INCREDIBLY imbalanced in favor of the user. For only a few dollars per employee, gain over 20 different tools and utilizations to help you track time, initiate group discussions, drag and drop employee timeslots, filter by store or employee, it's an all-around MUST for anyone maintaining a business, and a clock-in system setup on your computer or tablet only adds more sweetness in the icing on the cake.
It seems like I'm rambling, but there really IS this much to talk about when it comes to ZoomShift. And I swear by my life that I'm not paid or sponsored by ZoomShift at all.
These guys deserve some credit for listening to the people that want a complete scheduling workstation.
Gone are the days of mentally draining timeslot puzzle solving chores.

ZoomShift has clocked in.

Pros

Easy interface, dozens of helpful tools, color coding and drag/dropping, mobile and web interface

Cons

Limited color options for positions, Billing liaison cannot be messaged directly by employees

Eliana Y.
Industry: Publishing
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Software keeps improving

Reviewed on 3/4/2020

My scheduling needs as an employee have pretty much gone without a hitch. However from a management standpoint I can see there can be continual improvements-- each shift at my workplace has several components and if these could be able to be shuffled/assigned more quickly and easily, I think we would be able to maximize our time management.

Pros

The people in charge of UX/UI definitely seem interested in creating the best version of the product. It seems like features are constantly being tweaked and updated to be more seamless and more user friendly.

Cons

The load time should be faster and available offline (even with a disclaimer of time last updated).

Delton D.
Industry: Security & Investigations

The wonders of Zoomshift

Reviewed on 2/17/2020

My people cannot clock into a shift until they are on site. This encourages them to be there a little early so they can get the full shift on the clock. They must clock out or the shift is considered unfinished. They only get paid for finished work.

Pros

The usability of the product is wonderful. All of my employees are using it and do so with ease.

Cons

I am have an issue with keeping the notifications flowing to the security guards without all of the emails coming to me every time a discussion point is posted. It is probably due to a programming error.

Shannon M.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Great Customer Service!

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2/24/2020

Zoomshift came into my life when I was totally overwhelmed with making and maintaining a schedule for my employees. Staff was submitting request off's and preferred work days, etc. and it got really hard to manage on a simple spreadsheet. I knew there had to be a more efficient way of doing this and another small business in town connected me with Zoomshift. I haven't looked back since!

Pros

Ease of Use ... even with changes and upgrades to the interface, it takes only a matter of minutes to figure out the best way to navigate Zoomshift. It's very intuitive, which I appreciate greatly in any sot of database that I use on a regular basis.
I also love the customer service! We started with Zoomshift when it was relatively new and the service hasn't changed much since then. It seems like they've added people to the team so I speak directly to the owners less, but everyone has been wonderful to work with!

Cons

The price. It's totally reasonable for what we get and I don't question the value, but there are certainly less expensive ways we could be doing our scheduling. We also don't use all the features Zoomshift offers so that changes the perceived value a bit for me.

Brenda B.
Industry: Restaurants

Dependable & Cost Effective Scheduling

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2/20/2020

It is an "out of sight, out of mind" app that helps us take care of business. It allows all staff and management to be on the same page for scheduling.

Pros

It does what we need it to do. It's cost effective, dependable & easy to use. It continues to evolve with features that we didn't even know we needed.

Cons

Slight learning curve at the beginning, very slight.

Steve H.

ZoomShift Helps Make Drama Kids Rock

Reviewed on 2/18/2019

We operate an after-school drama program and teach 50+ classes in 40+ elementary schools each week with a part-time staff of 20 teachers. Different class start times, snow days, teacher conference days with no classes and holidays make scheduling our employees a challenge! We began using ZoomShift almost 3 years ago when we started out with just 3 teachers and 5 elementary schools. We know as we grew that scheduling from a spreadsheet would become a nightmare and we needed a tool that would make it simple from the start. ZoomShift was that tool! Our workforce is remote so clocking-in at their assigned location helps us keep track that our teachers are where they are supposed to be!

Pros

ZoomShift is easy to use and helps is ensure we have coverage each week for all our classes. The mobile application is great and easy for our staff to use. Clocking in and out on the mobile app makes it easy to keep track of our staff. Pulling payroll hours each week is a breeze.

Cons

We did use the Discussions feature in the beginning, but then we opted for a more robust communication tool and no longer use this feature.

Kevin Z.
Industry: Hospitality

zoomshift review

Reviewed on 8/15/2016

So far, Zoomshift has had most of what we as a small restaurant group of five different distinct concepts needs. However, there are still a lot of issues with one manager's actions bleeding over and affecting the other restaurants. Customer service has been prompt and helpful most of the time, and it does feel like our suggestions are being taken seriously. I'd still love to see much better siloing and more robust walls between restaurants. I'd like to be able to see only when there is a conflict with employees who work at more than one location, and have the rest of all the information be separated. The filters are useful, but it would be better if there was more separation between locations.

Pros

Love the ease of use, and I love the support

Cons

Everything from all the restaurants tends to get lumped together. We'd really like to have more control over which managers see which employees, etc. Swaps also are very unnecessarily confusing.

Response from ZoomShift

Kevin,

Thanks for the review and feedback!

It sounds like you are using locations to separate your various restaurants. Have you tried creating separate schedules? This will allow each restaurant to have it's own schedule and will prevent any crossover. Just ping us on support and we can help you get this setup.

-Ben

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Eugene R.
Industry: Retail

Keeping it real

Reviewed on 11/14/2018

Great software with great people, always taking care of the after sales purchase.

Pros

I really liked that when I downloaded it, the developers asked if I needed help setting it up. Customer service is at the forefront of this company. They even take recommendation about how to better or change there program.

Cons

This issue is fix now, but losing employee data once the employee was gone.

Alex K.

The BEST scheduling software I have ever used!

Reviewed on 7/2/2016

I have been using ZOOM-SHIFT for about 6 months now and I have saved so much time in making staff's time sheet. It is so easy to use and I always get a prompt answer on questions I have asked. The customer is excellent and I would really recommend for small businesses.

Pros

With Zoomshift, You can save so much time planning and making employees schedules. You can make many adjustments such as changing employees working hours or working days and its hourly pay. Last minute change is available as you can simply click employee shift and make an adjustment.
Also, it gives you a good picture of how much you are spending on your payroll and how much you are paying to each employee weekly. The print/export function also allows you to convert your schedule to pdf file which you can print and give it to your employees.
"copy and paste" identical shift function also allows you to save so much time making employee schedule.

Cons

This is not really a con but is there a way to bring staff's schedule which is few weeks back? I know I can copy previous weeks schedule but I don't know yet if I can copy a schedule which is more than a week ago.

Laurie M.

Love this program. It is easy to use and the customer service is fantastic!

Reviewed on 7/10/2018

Pros

We use Zoomshift seasonal for a public swimming pool. We have over 50 employees. Zoomshift lets us put requested days off in and lifeguards can swap shifts with ease. We love this program.

Cons

Zoomshift lets you categorize by position. I would like if I could put names in alphabetical order.

Sean P.
Industry: Retail

Awesome product

Reviewed on 2/16/2017

Where do I begin? Great value, it has been such a time saver. The employee's love it, they can check their schedule, ask for time off, swap shift or pick-up shifts from their computer or their phones anywhere anytime.

Pros

easy, fast, efficient it is such a time saver, great customer service

Cons

Nothing after I talk to them and they show me how to do their updates

John E.
Industry: Internet

Super easy to set schedules and keep up with employee information

Reviewed on 2/6/2018

Ease of employee management and weekly schedule creation.

Pros

It has an easy to use app for manager and employee control. Ability to set templates for weekly shifts. Easy to set multiple levels of employee control.

Cons

It would be very helpful if I could let a schedule for shifts to be released. Also I would like to be able to open shifts or create new ones from my App instead of my laptop.

Industry: Entertainment

Just what you need to be a success

Reviewed on 9/6/2018

Timesheet activation can be based off IP so staff have to be onsite before they can check in via web.

Pros

It allowed us to manage staff across 4 sites with absolute ease. Timesheet management has never been easier.

Cons

Multiple sites required careful management of availability as staff can be double booked.

Laura K.

Perfect stop-gap solution

Reviewed on 12/17/2015

We are using ZoomShift in the Amazon Books store while we wait for our Kronos implementation to be complete. We started with the scheduling piece, which is very user-friendly/easy to understand and manipulate, and are incorporating the new time clock feature within the next couple of weeks. Our associates use the app to check their schedule and send availability and timeoffs, which they love, and the drag-and-drop scheduling is a hit with our managers. In HR, we love being able to see everything that's going on from anywhere, and the built-in reporting on hours scheduled vs. worked saves us hours of manual work.

While ZoomShift doesn't offer every single functionality that we'd like as a big company, it's been great as a stop-gap solution. ZoomShift customer service is the most responsive and helpful I've ever encountered. We're moving fast, and it's so nice to know that anytime we reach out to them we'll have an almost immediate answer and solution. Once, they even built a feature we asked for that they didn't have yet...within one day of us asking about it. I'd highly recommend ZoomShift to anyone looking for a time and attendance system for a small- to mid-sized business.

Nicholas W.

I really like the scheduling software a ton. It makes my life easier.

Reviewed on 8/19/2015

The pros: 1. Super simple to use. 2. Great customer service. 3. Quick to fix & make it right. 4. Always finding easier ways to schedule and work for the employees.

The cons: 1. Sometimes the schedule prints out to small. 2. The software will change a ton almost to much at some point it can stay if it works for everyone.

Response from ZoomShift

Nicholas,

Thanks for your review and honest feedback!

I understand your pain with the schedule printing out too small. We are working on adding a way for users to change the size of the print view. This should help make the print outs work no matter the size of your schedule.

Also, as one of the guys who works on the code for ZoomShift everyday, I will admit that it has changed a ton over the past couple years. We are always trying to make the product better and this has resulted in some drastic changes. This has been our approach to figuring out what works best for our customers. The company and product are now more mature and major product changes are unlikely in the future. We will always be adding new features, but hopefully nothing that doesn't make you smile :).

T H.

Great for Small Business

Reviewed on 8/7/2016

I really like zoom shift for my small business; it allows me to save money but also have a legit scheduling software. Its layout is very clean and it has some really good training videos and tutorials. I also like that it has 3 tiers for pricing, we are on the move 'expensive' one, but thats less than $20/month.

Pros

- Clean
- Employees love app (great for time clock)
- GPS feature is a needed addition for different locations and employees clocking in/out on phone
- Cost

Cons

- The GPS feature still hasn't given me a warning/notification about an employee away from the building at clock in/out even though I know its happened

Dylan H.

Eased my management pains and let me get back to my job of running an IT Help Desk.

Reviewed on 8/19/2015

I employ 20 wonderful student employees, all with ever changing schedules, academic work, clubs and social outings. I use to spend five to six hours a week fussing over the Google Calendar schedule, and when anyone tried to drop/trade/or got sick, scheduling took over my entire work day.

Zoomshift changed all of that. I have been a customer for almost three years now and cannot recommend this software enough. Most importantly Zoomshift helps us uphold standards as a work team. There is no longer any doubt that employees know when they work or can check readily. I love Zoomshift because its contribution to my professional life is on par with having hired someone to do my scheduling for me.

Sincerely,

Dylan Houston, MPA
Computer Center Manager
The Evergreen State College

Response from ZoomShift

Dylan,

Thanks for being such a loyal customer. You guys have been with us since the beginning! Your review is making everyone at ZoomShift smile right now :).

Scott G.
Industry: Arts & Crafts
Company size: Self Employed

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2/20/2020

Very happy with ZoomShift. Intuitive interface. Discussion feature is very useful.

Pros

Really simple to communicate with others using the group conversation feature. All it takes is a few clicks. Web-based and mobile app work very well.

Cons

Would love for it to integrate with iCal, Gmail, etc. so all my appointments are in one view. I use the free version so it is possible that this functionality exists with the paid version.

Sara C.
Industry: Construction

Review for Zoomshift

Reviewed on 8/12/2016

For some reason Jenny choose this instead of working with Google Calendar. OK. We are here. It is my understanding that you were helpful to Jenny when she was setting it up.

Pros

I like that it shows the amount of money billed per job per week for an employee.

Cons

I would like our cleaners to be able to adjust their own schedules without having to have manager capabilities and seeing others schedules and pay rates. I don't like that it is hard to use on my phone. Yes I can see my shifts, but it is harder to change things.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Gordon F.

Surprise new program

Reviewed on 11/7/2016

Since I missed all the training on ZoomShift, I really didn't have any problems which a simple question fixed. A straight forward program. I can't rate Value for Money as I have no idea of the cost of the program

Pros

NA

Cons

none