ZoomShift

Scheduling software for hourly employees.

4.5/5
4.2/5
4.4/5
Customer Support Software
4.5/5

Lauren S.

Glitches

Reviewed on 2015-08-20

The new functionality is great but I constantly get the "Whoops! Something went wrong" error every time I login, and every time I load a shift template it says that some didn't get loaded. I'm constantly refreshing the website. My team has had troubles dropping and picking up shifts which seems to be better in this past release.

Overall we like it but the glitches and error messages are very high and frequent.

Response from ZoomShift

Lauren,

Thanks for your honest feedback. I'm looking into your account right now and the errors that you have mentioned. It sounds like this may be a browser issue that we can get fixed for you. I'm sending you a personal message as well.

Michael T.
  • Industry: Performing Arts

• Customer Support Software

Love this schedule, but they have room to grow.

Reviewed on 2021-08-11

Great customer service and support. Overall intuitive use. My team enjoys the clarity of roles. Pretty happy with the platform aside from some specific technical issues.

Pros

Scheduling is made super easy, mostly intuitive to use, schedules can be copied over to payroll, and everyone at multiple sites stays coordinated. Also the support team is very quick to resolve issues.

Cons

The scheduler copies over the schedule to payroll without copying the breaks. This creates two sets of numbers. Because of their willingness to support their users, I hope/believe that this issue will be fixed.

Alex K.

• Customer Support Software

The BEST scheduling software I have ever used!

Reviewed on 2016-07-02

I have been using ZOOM-SHIFT for about 6 months now and I have saved so much time in making staff's time sheet. It is so easy to use and I always get a prompt answer on questions I have asked. The customer is excellent and I would really recommend for small businesses.

Pros

With Zoomshift, You can save so much time planning and making employees schedules. You can make many adjustments such as changing employees working hours or working days and its hourly pay. Last minute change is available as you can simply click employee shift and make an adjustment.
Also, it gives you a good picture of how much you are spending on your payroll and how much you are paying to each employee weekly. The print/export function also allows you to convert your schedule to pdf file which you can print and give it to your employees.
"copy and paste" identical shift function also allows you to save so much time making employee schedule.

Cons

This is not really a con but is there a way to bring staff's schedule which is few weeks back? I know I can copy previous weeks schedule but I don't know yet if I can copy a schedule which is more than a week ago.

Laurie M.

• Customer Support Software

Love this program. It is easy to use and the customer service is fantastic!

Reviewed on 2018-07-10

Pros

We use Zoomshift seasonal for a public swimming pool. We have over 50 employees. Zoomshift lets us put requested days off in and lifeguards can swap shifts with ease. We love this program.

Cons

Zoomshift lets you categorize by position. I would like if I could put names in alphabetical order.

Chiharu G.

• Customer Support Software

Easy and accessible tool for both employees and employer to help manage scheduling and payroll.

Reviewed on 2016-04-01

Zoom shift is a flexible and accessible tool for employees to be able to change their schedule to fit their needs. It's easy to make last minute changes to schedules, adjust employee hours while simultaneously being able to keep track on how much your spending on payroll. They offer exporting tools that are convenient for accounting. Overall i'm very satisfied with the product. The customer service is great, always friendly and checking up answering question and offering tips. It's very affordable for everything that it offers. It's a very user friendly tool that is easy to use for both employees and management. It has taken out all the hassle of scheduling!

Paul M.

Only about 3 months

Reviewed on 2016-01-09

Pros:
many different views to see the schedule; instant changes so saving isn't necessary if forgotten; discussions options is helpful
Cons:
cannot copy and paste shifts for identical shifts (that I know of); cannot copy portions of schedules onto future schedules

Response from ZoomShift

Paul,

Thanks for the review! You actually can copy and paste shifts, and also copy portions of a schedule from week to week. I will send you a message through the app explaining how to do this.

Co-Founder

Shelley C.

Saving time!

Reviewed on 2016-06-05

I was searching for a scheduling application for my small business and came across zoomshift, it has helped me to engage my mostly volunteer workforce in the scheduling process in a way that has saved me loads of time and stress. I have appreciated the prompt customer service and ease of use of the application. We have been using zoom shift for two months and are still learning the ins and out of it all, but would recommend it to other small businesses.

Katie W.

• Customer Support Software

Great service and easy to use.

Reviewed on 2015-08-19

The Zoomshift staff has always been there to answer any question that I may have. Their system is easy to use and streamlined for all of my staff members, regardless of their technological knowledge.

Response from ZoomShift

Katie,

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. We take pride in our level of customer support, and I'm glad to hear that this is one of the things you like about ZoomShift. We are always around to chat :).

Cindy M.

ZoomShift is great!

Reviewed on 2015-09-08

I have been using Zoom Shift for awhile at my Ortho office. It very user friendly. We have recently gone through a new version and was very easy to adapt to. The only thing we have experienced on the new version at times when we try to get on is a pop up that says whoops try again later etc... that didn't happen before. It has made scheduling a lot better for me. Yes I would recommend your product to others.

Jose S.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

VERY USEFUL FOR THE ORGANIZATION OF EMPLOYEES, AND NOTIFICATIONS

Reviewed on 2021-05-07

AFTER ORGANIZING THE OFFICE THROUGH ZOOMSHIFT, REMINDERS ARE VERY USEFUL TO ALERT THE EMPLOYEE

Pros

THE PRICE IS VERY CHEAP AND EASY TO IMPLEMENT

Cons

I NEED A FASTER SUPPORT, IT IS NECESSARY TO ADD MORE TRANSLATION LANGUAGES

Edward O.

• Customer Support Software

Great for managing large numbers of part time staff

Reviewed on 2015-09-02

We moved to ZoomShift from a paper based version to help inform 10-15 staff. It gave us the ability to inform all members of staff easily and gave them the ability to check their shifts without having to refer back to the shop. ZoomShift has improved with each update and they are always improving and adding to the system to make it easier to complete time consuming jobs.

Jackie S.

We love it!!

Reviewed on 2015-12-27

I LOVE ZoomShift! I have researched and tried many other scheduling programs and ZoomShift is by far the best. It is easy to use and all of my employees love it. It is completely reliable which has been a problem for us with other programs in the past. It also has made scheduling much easier and quicker. We absolutely love it and I have nothing bad to say about it!

Victor L.

Great tool for Business

Reviewed on 2017-02-09

ZoomShift is great. It helps the organization of my business. Easy to use as well. I think they should add something in there for revenue

Jackie K.

• Customer Support Software

Too many changes in a short amount of time

Reviewed on 2015-09-09

At first I loved Zoomshift, but as a small buisness owner who wears many hats, it changes too much and I don't have time for the "learning curve." I'm thinking about just doing the schedules the old school way, by hand :(

John E.

• Customer Support Software

Super easy to set schedules and keep up with employee information

Reviewed on 2018-02-06

Ease of employee management and weekly schedule creation.

Pros

It has an easy to use app for manager and employee control. Ability to set templates for weekly shifts. Easy to set multiple levels of employee control.

Cons

It would be very helpful if I could let a schedule for shifts to be released. Also I would like to be able to open shifts or create new ones from my App instead of my laptop.

Carlos F.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Employment Shift Application is Extremely Effective

Reviewed on 2021-09-29

Overall ZoomShift was an easy software to navigate through and was simple.

Pros

This software was extremely easy to access and create an account. Along with the helpful features that make it easy for managers and employers to schedule and communicate effectively.

Cons

The only bad thing about this software was the notifications delay. As my shifts were only reminders as soon as my shift started.

Steve H.

ZoomShift Helps Make Drama Kids Rock

Reviewed on 2019-02-18

We operate an after-school drama program and teach 50+ classes in 40+ elementary schools each week with a part-time staff of 20 teachers. Different class start times, snow days, teacher conference days with no classes and holidays make scheduling our employees a challenge! We began using ZoomShift almost 3 years ago when we started out with just 3 teachers and 5 elementary schools. We know as we grew that scheduling from a spreadsheet would become a nightmare and we needed a tool that would make it simple from the start. ZoomShift was that tool! Our workforce is remote so clocking-in at their assigned location helps us keep track that our teachers are where they are supposed to be!

Pros

ZoomShift is easy to use and helps is ensure we have coverage each week for all our classes. The mobile application is great and easy for our staff to use. Clocking in and out on the mobile app makes it easy to keep track of our staff. Pulling payroll hours each week is a breeze.

Cons

We did use the Discussions feature in the beginning, but then we opted for a more robust communication tool and no longer use this feature.

Nicholas W.

• Customer Support Software

I really like the scheduling software a ton. It makes my life easier.

Reviewed on 2015-08-19

The pros: 1. Super simple to use. 2. Great customer service. 3. Quick to fix & make it right. 4. Always finding easier ways to schedule and work for the employees.

The cons: 1. Sometimes the schedule prints out to small. 2. The software will change a ton almost to much at some point it can stay if it works for everyone.

Response from ZoomShift

Nicholas,

Thanks for your review and honest feedback!

I understand your pain with the schedule printing out too small. We are working on adding a way for users to change the size of the print view. This should help make the print outs work no matter the size of your schedule.

Also, as one of the guys who works on the code for ZoomShift everyday, I will admit that it has changed a ton over the past couple years. We are always trying to make the product better and this has resulted in some drastic changes. This has been our approach to figuring out what works best for our customers. The company and product are now more mature and major product changes are unlikely in the future. We will always be adding new features, but hopefully nothing that doesn't make you smile :).

Carolina P.

Easy Scheduling

Reviewed on 2020-02-19

Pros

I love how easy it is to set my team's schedule. Our staff also gets notifications of changes and make time-off requests with ease. It is also affordable.

Cons

Nothing. It is perfect for what I need.

Rafal Z.

• Customer Support Software

Good so far but could have a few improvements

Reviewed on 2016-10-12

Zoomshift has worked great for us thus far even though we are using it in a different industry than its intended for. We managed to adjust the features in a way that they seem to work quite well. So far the biggest issue we have is NOT being able to drag shifts from week to week. The monthly view would be great if we could move shifts to another week which happens often in our industry. Another small thing that would be a great feature is the ability to sort locations alphabetically. Besides those 2 things everything has been working quite well.

Chai yin O.

satisfy user

Reviewed on 2016-11-10

easy to use and view. would be helpful if the client is allow to pick the features needed than choosing from the few fixed packages. Bit pricey when the number grow bigger especially for oversea client like me.

Pros

easy to use and view

Cons

pricey.

Amy J.

Department Chair

Reviewed on 2016-09-28

perfect, excellent, couldn't ask for better... colossal time saver, stupid easy to use...and we're not even using it the way they planned for us to use it...we've morphed it to our own devices and it's brilliant!

Jenice J.

Reviewed on 2015-08-19

Zoom Shift has made scheduling a breeze.

Response from ZoomShift

Jenice,

Thanks for your review. I think your comment may have been our slogan early on..."making scheduling a breeze." Glad that you feel that way!

Sarah F.

• Customer Support Software

ZoomShift has been a big help!

Reviewed on 2016-12-23

I like the majority of how ZoomShift operates. I wish, however, the Time Offs were able to be listed differently and make more sense in how it is shown. Otherwise, pretty good overall!

Geri P.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

ridiculous

Reviewed on 2016-06-20

No support whatsoever. I requested information to work out problems , I received several emails wondering how our service was going none of which ever responded to my questions . Our employees received their alert for their shifts and hour after their shift began. Utterly ridiculous service.

Pros

Pretty

Cons

Ridiculous emailing and support is non-existent