ZoomShift

Scheduling software for hourly employees.

4.5/5
4.2/5
4.4/5
Customer Support Software
4.5/5

Timothy
  • Industry: Veterinary Software

• Customer Support Software

Perfect schedule tool for our team to use to stay on track to meet our business goals.

Reviewed on 2/19/2020

Efficiency in scheduling and having information immediately connected to staff is a blessing compared to our previous manual individual set scheduling policy. It has normalized the regular need to adjust start times, stop times and work assignments (You know....Vacation liability, PTO, call outs, unexpected client demands and on and on). We can now focus on providing the excellent client and patient care that we strive to achieve every day with the comfort that we have the proper skilled labor in position to meet that goal. And when we don't we have a much easier time adapting.

Pros

For me it's quick and easy to set up a complex schedule of staff (They have varying skill) that collaboratively work with each other throughout our client/patient experience. Just when you have everyone where you want them something comes up. Problem solving is quick. Everyone sees the entire schedule, real time, on their phone. They proactively help ensure that we are ready to go for future days work. Payroll "time cards" are a breeze. The developers ask for ideas and every once and awhile your idea shows up in an update. They obviously are listening. I look forward to updates and have never lost a feature that I like.

Cons

Technology always finds a way to disappoint you. It's the way of the world. Not much to complain about here. User error is the only problem I have run into and that's on us. The help feature lets you get to the bottom of the problem quickly.

Anne
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Essential Scheduling Software

Reviewed on 2/13/2020

Zoomshift has become essential to easily managing our staffing and schedule. With about 90 employees, it's so important to have everyone connected and Zoomshift keeps us all on the same page. The developers are fabulous and absolutely interested in making the program work for us as a client. I can't imagine operating without it!

Pros

Zoomshift makes managing the staff schedule simple and streamlined. It's so easy to communicate with the staff, all resources are in the same place and easily accessible, notifications mean no one misses a shift because they didn't know. Past shifts are all saved and it is simple to compile payroll data. Reports are useful and the user interface is excellent. Any questions or requests for features are addressed promptly and personally by Zoomshift support.

Cons

Our company does not use the time clock because we pay by the day and the program records shifts in hours. But this does not interfere with how easy the program is to use; it's just a feature not necessary for us.

Thea
  • Industry: Warehousing

Great for Small Business Scheduling

Reviewed on 8/26/2018

Pros

I run a small business, 3 employees, so a traditional time clock is insane overkill, but I needed something for employees to clock in and out, view their schedules, and make requests. Zoomshift has work really well for us - we have had them for 3 years and I have never questioned about getting rid of the program. Its nice for scheduling on my end, but also notifies the employees of new shifts and shift reminders. Also, if can be app based that my employees just use their phones to clock in and out which can be helpful. Plus there is a GPS feature so employees cannot clock in with their phones if they are not at work - which has helped with a few teen employees in the past. I think for the price it provides great features and has been extremely helpful.

Cons

I do wish that when you achieve an employee that their shift information from the past stayed on reports. It wouldn't be the end of the world if when you were archiving them you could download their shift history, which you can, but its limited to 3 months (?). With my last employee that left, I had to spend 20 minutes trying to download his shift history just in case I need it down the road for reporting.

• Industry: Events Services

• Customer Support Software

Mission critical to our operation

Reviewed on 7/27/2021

It helps keep an overview of all staffing, allows them to check-in, and for me to approve timesheets.
End of the month staff download their timesheets for the period and send them in with an invoice.
Because the hours they download are the same as the ones I see there are never any issues in reconciling.

Pros

It's the most effective scheduling software that we have used since opening our business 5 years ago.
The ability to see staffing and make updates on the fly is incredibly powerful.

Cons

We have yet to find anything we dislike about the software specifically. We did however turn off the ability for staff to check in on mobile unless they were connected to the local wifi.

Deputy

Reasons for Switching to ZoomShift

We tried Zoomshift and had already made a decision before getting to Deputy.
David
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Solid Scheduling Software of the 21st Century

Reviewed on 1/8/2017

Right off the bat, let me say that I absolutely love this software!
Clock in from your phone? Check!
Copy schedule templates by week to save time? Check!
Assign new positions, locations, and employees on the fly? CHECK!
With a feature-rich program that lets you create schedules, approve and review timesheets, and print reports of wages and earnings, there's no management question that ZoomShift can't answer.
And if a question or two happens to slip by, rest assured that ZoomShift offers one of the best customer support services I've ever experienced. Just click a bubble on the corner of your screen and a chat bubble pops up, and within moments the team at ZoomShift will shoot back a response to solve any problem you may encounter.
It's like instant messaging your best friend in IT.
And the 'low cost' to 'feature-rich application' ratio is INCREDIBLY imbalanced in favor of the user. For only a few dollars per employee, gain over 20 different tools and utilizations to help you track time, initiate group discussions, drag and drop employee timeslots, filter by store or employee, it's an all-around MUST for anyone maintaining a business, and a clock-in system setup on your computer or tablet only adds more sweetness in the icing on the cake.
It seems like I'm rambling, but there really IS this much to talk about when it comes to ZoomShift. And I swear by my life that I'm not paid or sponsored by ZoomShift at all.
These guys deserve some credit for listening to the people that want a complete scheduling workstation.
Gone are the days of mentally draining timeslot puzzle solving chores.

ZoomShift has clocked in.

Pros

Easy interface, dozens of helpful tools, color coding and drag/dropping, mobile and web interface

Cons

Limited color options for positions, Billing liaison cannot be messaged directly by employees

Alissa

ZoomShift, great free option

Reviewed on 3/9/2020

Overall, it's great and I would recommend it to others. We will continue to use ZoomShift for our needs.

Pros

This software has a lot of pros. First, it's very easy to add staff, to make schedules, and do copy schedules to following pages. The fact it has an app is a huge advantage. Also, the summary of the hours each work is really important for us because we have caps of how much we can schedule each employee. Also, the notes are great!

Cons

I wish I could mark events on days without it being in the schedule. Like an alert that says "Event until 10 am" over that specific day. Now I have to leave the notes in each employees shift and then when I copy it, delete every note.

Steve

ZoomShift Helps Make Drama Kids Rock

Reviewed on 2/18/2019

We operate an after-school drama program and teach 50+ classes in 40+ elementary schools each week with a part-time staff of 20 teachers. Different class start times, snow days, teacher conference days with no classes and holidays make scheduling our employees a challenge! We began using ZoomShift almost 3 years ago when we started out with just 3 teachers and 5 elementary schools. We know as we grew that scheduling from a spreadsheet would become a nightmare and we needed a tool that would make it simple from the start. ZoomShift was that tool! Our workforce is remote so clocking-in at their assigned location helps us keep track that our teachers are where they are supposed to be!

Pros

ZoomShift is easy to use and helps is ensure we have coverage each week for all our classes. The mobile application is great and easy for our staff to use. Clocking in and out on the mobile app makes it easy to keep track of our staff. Pulling payroll hours each week is a breeze.

Cons

We did use the Discussions feature in the beginning, but then we opted for a more robust communication tool and no longer use this feature.

Elizabeth
  • Industry: Veterinary Software

Zoomshift Convert

Reviewed on 1/26/2022

Fantastic. Used it for 7 years, 2 as an employee user and 5 as an administrator. Highly recommend.

Pros

Easy to use, straightforward interface, much more intuitive than competing products we've used in the past, reasonably priced, easy access for staff.

Cons

Feature updates are often targeted to businesses bigger than ours and the changes make it a tiny bit less user friendly -- not a big deal.

WhenToWork

Intuitive interface, price
Shannon

Great Scheduling App

Reviewed on 8/11/2021

It's honestly been one of the greatest software tools we've implemented. Staff has been great and answered any and all of my questions. I, and my staff, use the app every day.

Pros

ZoomShift is easy to use, and allows me to easily implement schedule templates. It's taken a manual practice and digitalize it in a very fun and easy way. My staff loves it. And I love how quick it allows me to do that very monotonous part of my job. I also frequently use the message feature to send out updates, memos, and individual messages to my staff. My sanity has been saved by the time-off request feature. Instead of five people coming up to me each day, asking for time off, I get their updates in the app. It's awesome.

Cons

I would love to have both blank shift templates AND have employee-assigned shift templates. I could easily rotate a schedule that much faster, if I didnt have to assign each shift each week. The paid time off allowances are a pain for me, as we work primarily with that feature in the lense of vacation time, which I look at as a matter of days and not hours.

Jill

Buggy System with Poor Customer Service

Reviewed on 6/21/2022

Zoomshift has declined over the years. What once seemed like a great business that took pride in their product and customer service has changed to a business just trying to trek along. They aren’t fixing bugs, and keeping them in production so that other clients can face the same issues we have with incorrect times saving and locations randomly changing when entering data. It’s very frustrating as we use to like this system but are now looking for something different.

Pros

Seems simple but the issues occur when you least expect it, making it easy to miss them.

Cons

The customer service has declined dramatically over the last 6 years. They used to care and want to fix issues. Now they refuse to acknowledge issues and ask you to perform a lengthy workaround. The pride in the system has gone and the customer service is infuriating. Our businesses choose software to help us run our businesses, not make things harder. We will be switching from zoomshift.

Basecamp

Reasons for Switching to ZoomShift

It seemed like a great company six years ago and seemed to work well. Now that it’s declined and no longer cares about their long-term customers, we will be switching.
Eliana
  • Industry: Publishing
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Software keeps improving

Reviewed on 3/4/2020

My scheduling needs as an employee have pretty much gone without a hitch. However from a management standpoint I can see there can be continual improvements-- each shift at my workplace has several components and if these could be able to be shuffled/assigned more quickly and easily, I think we would be able to maximize our time management.

Pros

The people in charge of UX/UI definitely seem interested in creating the best version of the product. It seems like features are constantly being tweaked and updated to be more seamless and more user friendly.

Cons

The load time should be faster and available offline (even with a disclaimer of time last updated).

Delton
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

The wonders of Zoomshift

Reviewed on 2/17/2020

My people cannot clock into a shift until they are on site. This encourages them to be there a little early so they can get the full shift on the clock. They must clock out or the shift is considered unfinished. They only get paid for finished work.

Pros

The usability of the product is wonderful. All of my employees are using it and do so with ease.

Cons

I am have an issue with keeping the notifications flowing to the security guards without all of the emails coming to me every time a discussion point is posted. It is probably due to a programming error.

kevin
  • Industry: Hospitality

zoomshift review

Reviewed on 8/15/2016

So far, Zoomshift has had most of what we as a small restaurant group of five different distinct concepts needs. However, there are still a lot of issues with one manager's actions bleeding over and affecting the other restaurants. Customer service has been prompt and helpful most of the time, and it does feel like our suggestions are being taken seriously. I'd still love to see much better siloing and more robust walls between restaurants. I'd like to be able to see only when there is a conflict with employees who work at more than one location, and have the rest of all the information be separated. The filters are useful, but it would be better if there was more separation between locations.

Pros

Love the ease of use, and I love the support

Cons

Everything from all the restaurants tends to get lumped together. We'd really like to have more control over which managers see which employees, etc. Swaps also are very unnecessarily confusing.

Response from ZoomShift

Kevin,

Thanks for the review and feedback!

It sounds like you are using locations to separate your various restaurants. Have you tried creating separate schedules? This will allow each restaurant to have it's own schedule and will prevent any crossover. Just ping us on support and we can help you get this setup.

-Ben

Shannon
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Great Customer Service!

Reviewed on 2/24/2020

Zoomshift came into my life when I was totally overwhelmed with making and maintaining a schedule for my employees. Staff was submitting request off's and preferred work days, etc. and it got really hard to manage on a simple spreadsheet. I knew there had to be a more efficient way of doing this and another small business in town connected me with Zoomshift. I haven't looked back since!

Pros

Ease of Use ... even with changes and upgrades to the interface, it takes only a matter of minutes to figure out the best way to navigate Zoomshift. It's very intuitive, which I appreciate greatly in any sot of database that I use on a regular basis.
I also love the customer service! We started with Zoomshift when it was relatively new and the service hasn't changed much since then. It seems like they've added people to the team so I speak directly to the owners less, but everyone has been wonderful to work with!

Cons

The price. It's totally reasonable for what we get and I don't question the value, but there are certainly less expensive ways we could be doing our scheduling. We also don't use all the features Zoomshift offers so that changes the perceived value a bit for me.

Nikki

Very intuitive software

Reviewed on 10/19/2021

Keeps things more clean and organized, less room for error b/c before we were just using google docs

Pros

I like the ease with which me and my team can use it, very user friendly and intuitive, i like the ability to replicate weeks at a time, love how easy it is to track payroll

Cons

I hate that you have to request each individual shift for coverage requests, would love the ability to request multiple shifts at once

Stacy
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Zoomtastic!

Reviewed on 1/27/2022

Zoomtastic!

Pros

I really love how simple and straight forward the software is! It’s not over complicated; contains the features & functions that are most important to a business.

Cons

I do wish there was an undo or back feature on a few commands and entries. We had an entire month of numerous shifts deleted by accident and could not retrieve them back.

Eugene

Keeping it real

Reviewed on 11/14/2018

Great software with great people, always taking care of the after sales purchase.

Pros

I really liked that when I downloaded it, the developers asked if I needed help setting it up. Customer service is at the forefront of this company. They even take recommendation about how to better or change there program.

Cons

This issue is fix now, but losing employee data once the employee was gone.

Alex

• Customer Support Software

The BEST scheduling software I have ever used!

Reviewed on 7/2/2016

I have been using ZOOM-SHIFT for about 6 months now and I have saved so much time in making staff's time sheet. It is so easy to use and I always get a prompt answer on questions I have asked. The customer is excellent and I would really recommend for small businesses.

Pros

With Zoomshift, You can save so much time planning and making employees schedules. You can make many adjustments such as changing employees working hours or working days and its hourly pay. Last minute change is available as you can simply click employee shift and make an adjustment.
Also, it gives you a good picture of how much you are spending on your payroll and how much you are paying to each employee weekly. The print/export function also allows you to convert your schedule to pdf file which you can print and give it to your employees.
"copy and paste" identical shift function also allows you to save so much time making employee schedule.

Cons

This is not really a con but is there a way to bring staff's schedule which is few weeks back? I know I can copy previous weeks schedule but I don't know yet if I can copy a schedule which is more than a week ago.

Michael
  • Industry: Performing Arts

• Customer Support Software

Love this schedule, but they have room to grow.

Reviewed on 8/11/2021

Great customer service and support. Overall intuitive use. My team enjoys the clarity of roles. Pretty happy with the platform aside from some specific technical issues.

Pros

Scheduling is made super easy, mostly intuitive to use, schedules can be copied over to payroll, and everyone at multiple sites stays coordinated. Also the support team is very quick to resolve issues.

Cons

The scheduler copies over the schedule to payroll without copying the breaks. This creates two sets of numbers. Because of their willingness to support their users, I hope/believe that this issue will be fixed.

Laurie

• Customer Support Software

Love this program. It is easy to use and the customer service is fantastic!

Reviewed on 7/10/2018

Pros

We use Zoomshift seasonal for a public swimming pool. We have over 50 employees. Zoomshift lets us put requested days off in and lifeguards can swap shifts with ease. We love this program.

Cons

Zoomshift lets you categorize by position. I would like if I could put names in alphabetical order.

Sean

Awesome product

Reviewed on 2/16/2017

Where do I begin? Great value, it has been such a time saver. The employee's love it, they can check their schedule, ask for time off, swap shift or pick-up shifts from their computer or their phones anywhere anytime.

Pros

easy, fast, efficient it is such a time saver, great customer service

Cons

Nothing after I talk to them and they show me how to do their updates

Brittny

• Customer Support Software

ZoomShift great for volunteer scheduling in addition to employees

Reviewed on 10/27/2021

The customer service representatives have been super timely in responding to any inquiries and have been incredibly pleasant to work with. I believe the software, combined with the customer experience has made working with ZoomShift a wonderful experience.

Pros

This product is super easy to use, and even if you have zero experience working with a scheduling software, the system is fairly intuitive and makes scheduling volunteers super easy.

Cons

The only feature that we would likely benefit from, would be an option to just post Saturdays on the calendar. We only schedule on Saturdays, so this is super small on the grand scheme of things, but really the only other thing we could benefit from, otherwise, this software has been super efficient for us.

John

• Customer Support Software

Super easy to set schedules and keep up with employee information

Reviewed on 2/6/2018

Ease of employee management and weekly schedule creation.

Pros

It has an easy to use app for manager and employee control. Ability to set templates for weekly shifts. Easy to set multiple levels of employee control.

Cons

It would be very helpful if I could let a schedule for shifts to be released. Also I would like to be able to open shifts or create new ones from my App instead of my laptop.

Carla

• Customer Support Software

Love using ZoomShift for retail store

Reviewed on 2/15/2022

I’ve only been using zoom shift since Mid November and love the ease of use!

Pros

I love the ease of use and how everyone has access to view everyone’s schedule.

Cons

I use zoom shift for scheduling and time keeping. It would be nice to be able to process payroll in the same app.

Gusto and ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Switching to ZoomShift

Ease of use, being able to view everyone’s schedule, scheduling and timekeeping in one place.
Debra
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

Great management tool

Reviewed on 12/9/2021

The software is user friendly

Pros

the ease of setting schedules and vacation time works

Cons

I don't have one because it does everything I need it to do.