Buildium

Customer Support Software
4.5/5

Siddhartha

• Customer Support Software

Best property management assistant!

Reviewed on 2019-08-23

Buildium has helped to share the Rental Owner Statement with the clients, by directly providing them access to it, which allows them to view their rental income details. This software doesn't have much complications as compared to other Property Management software.

Pros

1. Buildium is the one of the best software for Rental and property management accounting
2. It is fast and reliable.
3. It enables convenient emailing.

Cons

There are very less limitations to Buildium, it just sometimes, seems quite time consuming.

AppFolio Property Manager and Propertyware

Reasons for Switching to Buildium

Buildium is a software that not only makes accounting on properties an easy task, but also gives the user additional benefits like access to emailing. It is very convenient to use and easy to understand.
Keenan

The Best PM Software Solution

Reviewed on 2021-06-07

We have enlarged our client base with Buildium's features thanks to their focus on speed and accuracy with payments, reporting, and accounting ease.

Pros

Online payments are a game-changer.
Owner/tenant/HOA access allows each respective person the ability to view important reports and property status in real-time.
The property database is completely searchable from anywhere on the site.

Cons

The task feature is a bit wanting. It's good for what it is, but dedicated project management or to-do list applications work just as well or better in most cases.

AppFolio Property Manager and Yardi Voyager

Reasons for Choosing Buildium

The dedicated property management features

Reasons for Switching to Buildium

It suited our company the most and its HOA features offered what we were looking for.
Frederick

Property Management for Condominium and Homeowners Associations

Reviewed on 2022-08-23

Glad we made the switch

Pros

Ease of use. Also, the API allowed us to integrate with CIT Bank for Positive Pay.

Cons

Needs more accounting features such as automatic reversal of journal entries, listing balance sheet accounts on a report based on liquidity, and, comparison to budget reports on a consolidated basis.

Reasons for Choosing Buildium

Was looking for a more robust platform for property management.

Reasons for Switching to Buildium

Similarity of the accounting with Quickbooks

Response from RealPage

Hi Frederick,

Thanks for your review. Please be sure to submit your ideas for automatic journal entry reversals, comparison reports, etc to our developers by selecting the "Suggest a feature" option in the Help & Support menu in your Buildium account.

- Charlie W

Jackie

• Customer Support Software

Customer service used to be great.

Reviewed on 2022-09-06

While using the mass email function to send owner reports I've had multiple issues with the system not recognizing owner email addresses. I've called customer service and emailed and still have no resolution. The first 1 1/2 I was with Buildium were fantastic. Customer service was helpful and always had the right answer. About a year ago something changed and calls to customer service no longer produce results. I'm considering switching to a new program.

Pros

I like the ease of use, little training is needed to make full use of the system.

Cons

The owner portal isn't as easy to use as expected.

Reasons for Choosing Buildium

Simplifyem didn't have all the features needed to efficiently run my business. Their customer service hours were 9 am to 5 pm PST, I'm located in Indiana which is EST and means that their customer service hours are 12 pm to 8 pm.

SimplifyEm

Reasons for Switching to Buildium

Buildium offered a better price and the features were adequate.

Response from RealPage

Hi Jackie,

Thank you for your review. We are always working to invest in the software and the people that support it. Stay tuned!

- Charlie W

Aaron

• Customer Support Software

Best property management software for the price

Reviewed on 2022-06-29

Reporting is important and Buildium lets you know who owes how much and what bills need to be paid. It simplifies the bookkeeping aspect and gives accurate accounting if used properly. Really enjoy having a dashboard with all critical information at my fingertips.

Pros

Buildium is packed with features to streamline property management and cashflow. There is no better way to accept tenant payments and pay vendors online with the click of a few buttons. Once we got our tenants and vendors using the payment portal, we drastically reduced time spent on processing paper bills and checks. There are so many ways to automate tasks and save time.

Cons

I'm hoping that the developers add the "Duplicate Invoice" feature in the Bills module. This would save a lot of time when entering several bills at once. Setup is difficult but key to make the software work for you.

Propertyware, QuickBooks Online Advanced and DoorLoop

Reasons for Choosing Buildium

More features and better software for managing 50-100 properties.

QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Reasons for Switching to Buildium

Price and familiarity with the product.

Response from RealPage

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for your feedback and excellent suggestion about making duplicate bills! Did you know you can submit suggestions like this directly to our developers? If you haven't already, navigate to the "Suggest a feature" option in the Help & Support menu in your Buildium account.

- Charlie

Maria

• Customer Support Software

Buildium is a trusted software.

Reviewed on 2022-08-22

Pros

The product is easy to use and is there for you 24/7.

Cons

I could use more accounting reports. I like to see an income & expense report listing two, three up to five years side by side.

Response from RealPage

Thanks for your review, Maria! Please be sure to submit your idea for more accounting reports through the "Suggest a feature" option in the Help & Support menu in your Buildium account.

- Charlie W

Brian
  • Industry: Management Consulting

My experience with Buildium

Reviewed on 2022-08-09

Overall it has been a very user tool towards managing our assets,

Pros

I like the ease of downloading reports onto execell. I really like the financial reporting features.

Cons

Days rented reports, Search functions, importing data from a spreadsheet, updating the chart of accounts, management fee payout function

Yardi Voyager

Reasons for Switching to Buildium

My client found the application to be more user friendly,
Kaitlyn

Honest Feedback

Reviewed on 2022-08-15

I love being able to tell our homeowners they have the (highly demanded) option to pay online through the resident portal, that they can also view and have 24/7 access to any important documents they may need (like bylaws, violation notices, various rules and regulations, etc.).

Pros

I love the ease of use whenever I need to update a homeowner's information, or to add/delete/edit files that property managers need changing. I love the automatic email updates, and the ability to include or not to include, the homeowner's on certain task updates. Never have any issues with the program lagging

Cons

My suggestion for this software to make it even better, in my opinion, would be to somehow integrate current open/in progress tasks to a homeowner's main account page. The current process has us looking up current tasks under the task button, and filtering by property and then unit number. This can sometimes be hard to do/hard to locate an address, and takes up a lot of time. I think it would be amazing if when we searched that resident to see if they already have a task open, it would show up on their main page (where we store their phone number, email address, mailing address, vehicle information, emergency contact information, etc.). This way we can look from their "home page" and see if they have an open task, and potentially, what that task is. It would streamline and make looking up current in place tasks, and updating open tasks, a much easier and quicker thing to do.

Response from RealPage

Hi Kaitlyn,

Thanks for your review! If you haven't already, you can submit your idea to our developers through the "Suggest a feature" option in your Help & Support menu.

- Charlie W

Eve

Buildium Makes Property Management A Breeze!

Reviewed on 2022-08-09

Pros

As a Property Manager, I primarily use the Tasks/Work Orders function to keep up with my daily maintenance processes. The recurring tasks makes set tasks, such as lawn and air conditioner maintenance a breeze. I am easily able to keep track of what work orders have been completed, and each task's priority status. The Lease Tracking prepares me for upcoming renewals and move-outs. I really like being able to communicate with the tenants through Buildium, so that everything is documented where each of my coworkers can follow my communications. I'm also able to verify that my vendor's invoices have been entered and when they are paid. Overall, Buildium has so many useful functions that I can not imaging doing Property Management without it.

Cons

There is nothing lacking in Buildium that I can see.

Response from RealPage

Thanks for your review, Eve!

- Charlie W

Alisa

JMLTD review

Experience is good.

Pros

Ease of use of features we are using. Ease of finding current tenant payment status.

Cons

It would be helpful if there was an option to list by the tenant's company name instead of the leasing owner. We have shopping centers with tenants and not residential housing leasing.

Response from RealPage

Hi Alisa,

Thanks for your review. If you haven't already, you can submit your idea for company names for tenants through the "Suggest a feature" option in the Help & Support menu in your Buildium.

- Charlie W

Priya

Buildium Review

Reviewed on 2022-05-24

So far the integration has been great. We have not yet got any product update reports on the above mentioned issues.

Quick and easy integration
Great back up team
Customer support is very effective
Great functionality
Effective and accurate financial reporting

Cons

HST Representation on the owner/tenant ledger is incorrect. We needed a work around which is not the most efficient way. The auto calculation of HST on charges is not available. Buildium understands the liability account charges on tenant/owner ledger as the liability to the respective owner/tenant. It could be a liability to government too like in the case of HST.
The rent roll and recurring charges list in tenant lease section should provide per sq ft rates for rental properties.
The automatic bank reconciliation has not worked at all as it was advertised during the sales calls.

Response from RealPage

Hi Priya,

We love hearing how much you like working with our customer care team!

We recently introduced tax calculation for management fees, but we'd love to hear more about taxes for resident charges. Please use the "Suggest a feature" option in the Help & Support menu in your Buildium account to let us know more about what you're looking for.

For auto reconciliation, please reach out to customer care and provide them with more details.

- Charlie W.

Anna

Professional and Polished

Reviewed on 2022-04-26

When we were choosing which software to partner with, Buildium quickly rose to the top. Today, four years into business, I don't know what we'd do without it. From an accounting perspective, my accounting team has been pleased with the company reporting capabilities. From a management perspective, it allows our smaller firm to look as polished and professional - if not more so - than our larger competitors. It all comes down to how well users work the system. We feel we've gotten into our groove when it comes to onboarding, marketing, maintenance and more.

The only thing I wish Buildium would consider is greater training options for those new to the software. That said, I managed to get us started (initially) and train the other users. And whenever we have a question, the support team is always a close phone call away. I would absolutely recommend the software to anyone as the best for ease of use, accounting capabilities and managed growth of the business.

Pros

Ease of use. Tech support available by phone.

Cons

User training options at the start of use. Perhaps online classes could be considered?

Reasons for Switching to Buildium

Ease of use. And the ability to play around on it prior to actually buying it. (Although, that could cause problems when someone doesn't understand how it works initially.)
Allyson

A Great Way To keep all of your Property Management needs organized

Reviewed on 2022-04-15

Before we were using Google Drive and kept track of everything with spread sheets. Buildium makes it easier to keep all of your information together in one spot. Buildium is very user friendly. A little confusing at first but once you grasp how they organize everything you will catch on very quickly.

Pros

This app is wonderful and really helps keep the tenants, leases, contact info, maintenance requests, leasing and listing, Property Management, Work Orders, finances everything to do with Property Management all in order. It’s a great way to keep your company organized.

Cons

I wish that there was a feature that we could have the list of tenants, like with outstanding balances, and when leases are close to being up etc. There’s a process, and I wish I could have a list of tenants with the check mark boxes beside them to mark off and keep track of each process. And even when I leave the page, and go else where in Buildium. When I come back to the list it is still the same as when I left it and I don’t have to start over. Just so I can keep track of which task and property I’ve already done for said task. For example: We have leases ending soon, I have to email each owner of each property to see if they want to do a rent increase or move out. This is where I would need my first check list of tenants I need to do this for. Then the next step is to create said rent increase notices or move out notices , this would be the second check list of tenants so that I can mark off and keep track of each step of the process and which tenants I’ve already completed the rent increase notices/move out notices for. I need this to be able to make separate lists that save even when I leave the page and go else where in Buildium. Right now there is a check box by each tenant, but it’s not really designed to keep track of what your doing because when I leave the page and come back my check marks are gone and I have to start over and try to remember which tenants I’ve already completed the process before. When dealing with tons of tenants this would make my job easier

Google Docs

Reasons for Choosing Buildium

Because Buildium makes our job 100% easier, in every way.

Google Docs and Google Sheets

Reasons for Switching to Buildium

We wanted a real system to keep organized as we grow our company. Also all the cool features like making templates for various documents /emails and being able to send them out to all 100 tenants if I need too all at the same time. That makes my life so much easier. Also Buildium keeps track of tenant payments and finances, you still have to do your part finance wise but it makes everything easier. Buildium makes everything to do with Property Management easier.

Response from RealPage

Hi Allyson,

Thanks for your review. I'm happy to see Buildium is helping you keep organized.

While we don't currently have a checklist ability for your move-out or renewal process, you should be able to see the information you're looking for by running a Rent Roll report, which shows you most of the information you're looking for. You're also able to run Buildium in multiple tabs or windows at the same time, so you can keep the report open in one window, and navigate to any other page in a separate window.

I recommend submitting this as a feature request by selecting the "Suggest a feature" option in the Help & Support menu in your Buildium account.

Thanks again!

Weston

• Customer Support Software

Buildium is Awesome.... The mobile app is TRASH!!

Reviewed on 2022-03-18

My overall experience with Buildium has been great. Great features, and makes my life way easier. If they mobile app gets a major update I will love it even more.

Pros

I love many features about this program. I am an owner/operator of my properties, so I do not manage other units just my own. I love that I can collect money online and no longer have to go door to door to collect. I love that people can pay advance rent when they want and Buildium will track it for me. I love the mass amount of reports that I can run and look at. I love the accounting and Banking. It's very nice to keep track of all the incoming and out going money and make it match 100% to my bank account. It's also extremely nice to pay some of my vendors through ACH straight from Buildium. I also love the eSign for a lease. I love the paperless.

Cons

The worst part of Buildium is the mobile app. It's complete trash. The world is very fast paced and everything can be done on a smart phone. I'm also tired of being told that I can open Safari on my iPhone and do the same thing. Well F that. I want to use an app that is formatted correctly so I don't have to zoom in and out to click stuff. I would love to be able to scan an Invoice/receipt of a bill and add it as a document from my iPhone. I want to be able to view a full rental application from my phone. I want to be able to do everything on the mobile app as I can on the desktop. I also want to be able to send multiple eSign documents and not just one per unit.

Response from RealPage

Hi Weston,

Thanks for your honest review. I'm glad you're loving the ePay functionality. I'm sorry that the mobile app isn't quite what you're looking for. I recommend submitting your feedback through UserVoice, which you can access by selecting "Suggest a feature" in your Help & Support menu.

- Charlie W

Cynthia

• Customer Support Software

Glad we use this system!

Reviewed on 2022-03-20

Rents are collected faster and easier. Especially now that fuel prices have risen, and we use a Post Office Box for our Business, this eliminates frequent trips to the Post Office to get rents. AND, the software tracks it all! In fact, we charge the residents who opt OUT of our Portal a fee when we have to process their paper payments (trip to the Post Office, bring back to office, trip to the bank).

Pros

Residents can pay their rent and management billed utilities on line. Even those residents who are not computer savy, we can set up their payments for them (with their written permission, of course).

Cons

Sometimes I feel the techs who write the instructions forget that not everyone is computer savy, so it takes time for the average user of the product some time to figure it out.

Response from RealPage

Hi Cynthia,

Thanks for submitting this review. I'm glad to see that we're not only saving you time, but money as well!

- Charlie W

Shirley

• Customer Support Software

Buildium Review for possible new customers

Reviewed on 2022-02-07

I have been using Quick Books for about 25 years and concerned about learning curve. I have been using over two years now and I love it. Still have some questions but support is great. I am considering bringing over more of my companies

Pros

I like most it is user friendly but when I have an issue I can get online or telephone contact help. They are knowledgeable answer my questions and get me going.

Cons

I wanted to have two separate budgets with separate chart of accounts and was told not available. I have to download in excel and do some extra steps

ProNavigator and GreenOrbit

Reasons for Choosing Buildium

The Board had used Buildium and wanted to use for their property

QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Reasons for Switching to Buildium

I felt Buildium was easier and more user friendly

Response from RealPage

Hi Shirley,

Thanks for your review! Did you know we have a feature suggestion tool that you can use to submit ideas like having multiple chart of accounts? Check out the Help & Support menu in your Buildium account, and choose "Suggest a feature."

- Charlie W

Charles

• Customer Support Software

A great choice for property rentals (with a few limits)

Reviewed on 2022-01-28

Overall, I am very happy that I've made the switch to Buildium. While there was a small learning curve (as expected), the training we received was excellent. While there are a few limitations to the software for my business model, it works and we've been able to adapt our processes easily to fit Buildium's work flow. As with any accounting software package, it may not be able to do everything your business requires, but it does work and it does work well.

Pros

All in all, this software works great, and is very stable. The process flow is intuitive and simple, but as with every software, has it own unique quirks. Once you get the process flow down, it does pretty much everything you could want a property rental software to do. This software is more directed at either individual landlords, or property rental companies who rent other people's property. If you're a company who self-owns a group of properties, just know functionally the software works great, but some of the reporting options and budget options won't fit that business model exactly.
The functionality is there, and it works well. Incoming payment processing, and the automatic tracking of it works really well, and the multiple payment options are great for my customers.
Moving from a traditional quickbooks-style accounting software to the online system, has been great. The functionality to log-in from anywhere (including mobile) to access the system is a huge improvement, and allowing multiple users to log-in at the same time is great. A bunch of the manual entry and accounting minutia that I experienced before has been removed from my plate.

Cons

From my customer's perspective, there are two main short comings of the software package. The first is the mobile app -- I'm told its slow and clunky to use. The general consensus of my customers is the web portal is superior and much easier to use. The second is the length of time a financial transaction takes. The transaction time for a credit card payment is typically end of day or next business day (not an instant charge), and an ACH is typically 2 business days to pull (so a customer can initiate the payment Friday, but not have money removed from their account until Tuesday.)

From the business/accounting side, while all the data is there in Buildium, you can't do much easily with that data. The reporting side is very limited. While there are roughly about 20 reports built into Buildium, they are limited. There are the obvious Balance Sheet, P&L, Delinquent Customers, etc. reports -- it's pretty much limited to those built in reports. Getting data out of Buildium to play with in Excel is difficult, and the lack of reporting options can be disappointing.

As stated before, the reporting and budgeting options in this software lends itself well to looking at houses at an individual level, but if you're a company who self-owns many properties - you won't be able to budget along the traditional company level -- all budgets are locked to specific houses.

Money Transfer Times - money transfer is moderatel slow - 2-3 days for Credit/ACH, 5 bus days for Retail

Response from RealPage

Hi Charles,

Thanks for writing your honest review! We're glad that you're having a great experience, and that you're happy with the training you received.

It's clear that data for reporting is important to you. We are always working on ways to improve upon our reports, and we could always use feedback on how they can be more useful. You can submit a feature request through the Help & Support menu in your Buildium account.

- Charlie W

Melinda

Great Property Management software

Reviewed on 2022-01-11

Overall I am pleased with this product. The more I work with it the more I find I am able to do.

Pros

This software allows me to communicate efficiently with tenants and owners and to find information quickly when needed. I also love that it is always adding new features and updating existing.

Cons

I would like to be able to text owners the way that I can tenants. I would also like to be able to do the owner PM agreements as well. Sometimes I need to add an addendum so it would be nice to be able to add documents to be signed as needed.

Reasons for Switching to Buildium

We did not have enough properties to use Appfolio

Response from RealPage

Hi Melinda! Thank you for your honest feedback.

Texting rental owners, collecting digital signatures for other documents, and mid-lease document signing are all things our developers are looking into.

You can add your voice to the chorus of people who have requested these features by clicking "Suggest a feature" in the Help & Support menu in your Buildium account. From there, you can search for features you're looking for and add your vote to them. If the feature you're looking for hasn't already been suggested, you can submit it and other Buildium users can add their vote to it.

In the meantime, stay tuned as updates to these services and more are launched!

- Charlie W

Pamela

• Customer Support Software

Buildium is a game changer

Reviewed on 2021-12-28

This has been an excellent experience, from set up to daily work. The few times I have gotten stuck and not been able to figure it out on my own, I have always received the BEST Customer Service, every single time. Pleasant, accurate, immediate help and a solution to my problem with one phone call. It is astonishing in this day and age. Thank you!!!

Pros

I have been in the Property Management field for over 30 years and started with a DOS based accounting program for our rentals. When it became too outdated to use anymore, my Broker dragged me, kicking and screaming, into the new age of online property management programs. After trying a few of them and being terribly discouraged and disappointed, I found Buildium and have not looked back since. The accounting features allow me to give my Landlords exact and professional reports and access to their account information through the portal. Nearly ALL of my tenants are paying online now, which is a great time saver and perfect for my small business situation. I am able to track every penny, every vacancy, every lease renewal AND I have it linked to my website so all it takes to put a property on the market is the click of a button. But the very best part about Buildium is their customer service!!! I have tried to figure out problems for HOURS on my own, then given up and called customer service to have an answer within minutes!!! It is amazing how fantastic the staff is. And the program keeps getting new features and fine tuning too. They listen to their customers and their excellent developers respond to our needs quickly. I've never had a better experience with ANY program or company, across the board. Highly recommend them.

Cons

The ONLY complaint I have about Buildium is that my ESCROW account balances, which are the tenant's money being held in trust, only show the Property Owner names on my reports.

Response from RealPage

Thank you so much for your review, Pamela! It's always great to hear success stories like yours.

- Charlie W.

Donald

Buildium is Fantastic

Reviewed on 2021-06-24

Buildium has given us the tools to streamline our processes and make daily tasks easy. The online software makes it accessible no matter where the staff are located so that work orders, rent input, communications, etc. can be handled in real-time and on the spot. Everything from leases to lease renewals, maintenance requests to inspections are all in one spot, easily accessible. No more paper files to thumb through. The administration of property management has never been such a breeze.

Pros

As an accountant, the accounting features are awesome. Online payments make tracking incoming rents easier since there is less leg work. You can setup priorities on how payments are applied. The program is easy to use and to navigate. Buildium provides tutorials that are great training tools for new and even experienced users. Buildium was easy to setup and integrate into our company.

Cons

I have yet to find any complaints with Buildium's program. There are continuing to improve and add features on a quarterly basis. There were no issues switching to this software from our previous system.

Reasons for Choosing Buildium

UDS was outdated and did not come with nearly the features Buildium was offering. It was time for a major upgrade.

Reasons for Switching to Buildium

Like us, Buildium was growing their business and it felt more personable then the other software options.
Wayne

Outstanding Property Management Tool for Self-run Properties

Reviewed on 2021-07-01

I look like a savant for bringing the board's attention to this product, doing the heavy lifting to convince them to self-manage and standing it up in a reasonable period of time. I had ZERO previous experience in either accounting or property management and would not attempt this without Buildium at this point.

Pros

We did an extensive search of property management/accounting tools when we transitioned from a CPA service. Our reason was it took too much time to get feedback on issues relating to expenses/revenue and overall friction in the system when requesting a third party to supply data. Buildium has allowed us non-accountants to track expenses and service requests, banking issues, assessment cash flow better than we ever could do before.

Learning curve is a bit steep for those who don't want to spend much time and stick to Quick Start type software. But those willing to dig into the vast amount of training and educational tools available will be amply rewarded with an economical, efficient and user friendly tool to stay on top of just about any situation that will arise in small property or project management. I can't speak to multi-property scenarios but Buildium appears to intelligently compartmentalize multi properties to enable a manager to replicate the same processes used in single properties.

We cut our monthly accounting costs by two/thirds and hired me as property manager which we did not have before...and still are under previous budget. I can provide real-time financial reporting day of request for our HOA board members; it used to average 10-14 days to make the round trip with a CPA.

At this point, I would quit the position if it required going back to our previous labor-intensive practices. Love this software...

Cons

Our biggest impediment to implementation was our previous CPA's chart of accounts, allocations etc. did not translate seamlessly into Buildium. Accounting is an art, not a science, and there are different ways to account for processes that we found were a bit tricky to figure out. With Buildium live support (very helpful) plus our contract hiring of a Buildium savvy accountant, we were able to cross the goal in a reasonable time. We continue to use the Buildium pro for quarterly reconciliation just as a way to show independent accounting input, but it is not necessary at this time if we chose not to continue.

Marianne

Mostly Happy with Our Choice to use Buildium

Reviewed on 2021-06-04

It has been a good change for our business from where we were a year ago -- still tracking rental information in excel spreadsheets. I am the one who uses it daily, but the others in the business that need to pull information from time to time find it easy to use and that it has the reports they are looking to find. It definitely has helped us save time on some things. However, some of the shortcomings described in my explanation of things least liked add back time. I'm hoping in participating in this and voicing my feedback to the reps that I'll see my suggestions used to improve things in the future.

Pros

I had used the software at another company and thought it would work well at my current job. I really appreciated the customer service from my past experience. I have had only one less than favorable experience with the customer service received in my years of using Buildium. I like how easy it is for our tenants to use and navigate. It has encouraged most of them to pay online which is a huge time saver for me.

Cons

Since we do commercial leasing and not residential, there are some misses in my opinion. I'd say my biggest frustration with the software is the eleasing formatting. If you have a document with tagged information boxes, if you enter in one wrong piece of information instead of being able to edit just that one box, you have to cancel the whole document and start over. That's rather a pain. So I've been uploading forms more instead of using the saved elease documents for this reason. Also, I wish there was a way to tailor the communications better. My tenants want to receive monthly rent invoice yet your system only generates monthly statements. So I have to manually make these monthly, which is time consuming. It would be nice if I could create something like this. I worked with several customer service reps on this tasks and it was decided that what I want done is not possible at this time.

Response from RealPage

Hi Marianne,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a thoughtful review. We appreciate your feedback and will share it with our Product team.

Best,
Liz Gill
Customer Marketing

Jennifer

A Good program getting better

Reviewed on 2021-05-25

A much better system than using multiple programs for individual aspects. Very geared toward rental management and Condos or HOAs seem after-thoughts often.

Pros

The ability for Boards to interact with management and for owners to be easily communicated with are some of the best features with this program. It's mostly all integrated!

Cons

Updates are usually bumpy when implemented, causing a slow down in service. Some features, which seem to be common sense are still in development stages. Tracking of tasks in infancy yet.
Can send emails but not receive them through the system, causing us to still have to use another program.

Rick

We deferred the decision to adopt Buildium for 10 years too long

Reviewed on 2021-05-11

Our biggest challenge was gathering all of our data as it was stored in numerous systems. Buildium's deployment staff was excellent in helping us to get off the ground. We were live within 30 days of starting and have continued to add functionality throughout the year.

Pros

We have been live for just over a year now. We use the applications, electronic rent collection (epay), accounting, Resident Center, and task tracking (maintenance) features of Buildium. Their automation has saved us so much time and money.

Cons

Wishlist rather than cons as the system is very good: 1) multiple applications would be good based on the type of property rather than being limited to just 1 application, 2) the ability to move a tenant out and move a new tenant in on the same day, 3) better tenant communications (emailing and messaging) above and beyond what is built-in, we adopted Follow-up Boss for this, 4) API should be open to Zapier

Reasons for Choosing Buildium

We were so fragmented, although we still kept Rentec Direct for Off Market Listings

It was the best fit
Tim

• Customer Support Software

Great product for property management

Reviewed on 2021-03-10

Buildium has been great for property management. Online applications/background checks, epay, and the resident portal have proven to be daily uses in our business. 10 out of 10 would recommend.

Pros

epay. It's worth it for that. To be able to get paid online seemlessly is great. Communication being automated around payment is wonderful, too -- specifically, the lease ledger, automating late fees, and payment reminders.

Cons

We list properties for rent that do not have bed/baths on them - specifically, RV pad sites and commercial lots. Buildium does not allow us to list properties without the bed/bath requirement. This becomes confusing to prospective tenants when these listings are on our website and published elsewhere.

Reasons for Choosing Buildium

Was speaking about my challenges with Cozy with another property manager. They told me about Buildium. I made the switch that day.

Reasons for Switching to Buildium

The recommendation of a trusted property manager.