Buildium

4.5/5

1950 Reviews

Erin

• Customer Support Software

Jump on the property management software train with Buildium!!

Reviewed on 9/17/2019

The benefits of utilizing Buildium for home construction companies are too many to list here. From management being able to see the project all at once and not have to look in different sections. Subcontractors being able to log their hours per project tasks for easy invoicing. Owners with the ability to go on and see how the construction is going, choosing selections, and keeping in contact with management. For bookkeepers the easy integration of Xero and Quickbooks online is fantastic. If you haven't tried Buildium and are looking for a superb property management software, sign up for their free trial and take it for a test drive.

Pros

There are several items within Buildium that by far surpassed other property management companies. The ability to upload subcontractor paperwork and have all the information in one place securely online with reminders set up when expirations or missing information is needed. The ability for everyone with accounts set up to communicate, check on tasks, and proposals all in one place for easy referral. One of the easiest implementations and setups for property management software. But the absolute best thing about Buildium for me anyways is that you can list as much information from sales, tasks, proposals, selections, etc. I truly believe that all companies need to keep as much information as possible on file and with Buildium you can put as much information as you need, place tags for easy reporting, and this information is for authorized users to see. To me, you can never have too much information and it makes is so much easier if you have a person leave and the new hire to move it and look at the information to be brought up to date.

Cons

When I first started working with Buildium I wished that there had been a step by step workflow check sheet because at times I had to go and research if I was entering the data correctly. But that was quickly solved while speaking with Buidium's excellent customer support team members.
Finally, I would recommend a Buildium forum where all users can go on and if they have questions can post it to the forum as another user may have had the same problem.

Aaron

• Customer Support Software

Best property management software for the price

Reviewed on 6/29/2022

Reporting is important and Buildium lets you know who owes how much and what bills need to be paid. It simplifies the bookkeeping aspect and gives accurate accounting if used properly. Really enjoy having a dashboard with all critical information at my fingertips.

Pros

Buildium is packed with features to streamline property management and cashflow. There is no better way to accept tenant payments and pay vendors online with the click of a few buttons. Once we got our tenants and vendors using the payment portal, we drastically reduced time spent on processing paper bills and checks. There are so many ways to automate tasks and save time.

Cons

I'm hoping that the developers add the "Duplicate Invoice" feature in the Bills module. This would save a lot of time when entering several bills at once. Setup is difficult but key to make the software work for you.

Propertyware, QuickBooks Online Advanced and DoorLoop

Reasons for Choosing Buildium

More features and better software for managing 50-100 properties.

QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Reasons for Switching to Buildium

Price and familiarity with the product.

Response from RealPage

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for your feedback and excellent suggestion about making duplicate bills! Did you know you can submit suggestions like this directly to our developers? If you haven't already, navigate to the "Suggest a feature" option in the Help & Support menu in your Buildium account.

- Charlie

Jennifer

• Customer Support Software

Inexpensive and good quality property management pro

Reviewed on 1/18/2023

Excellent program and great value

Pros

Buildium is easy to use and is quite comprehensive

Cons

Accounting features are limited and need to be expanded

Response from RealPage - Buildium

Thanks for your review, Jennifer! If you haven't already, please let us know your suggestions for accounting features by going to "Suggest a feature" in the Help & Support menu in your Buildium account.

- Charlie

Tom

Reviewed on 1/30/2013

We've been using Buildium for about 2 years, long enough to get a good feel for its strengths and weaknesses. My overall impression is that this is a good product for small to medium size residential property management firms (10-100 units). If you have fewer than 10, this product is overkill. If more than 100, you'll probably find it too simplistic. The product is geared to residential properties and residential associations. Managing commercial portfolios with it can be difficult.

The Good:
Accounting functionality is pretty strong. GL, AR, AP, budgets and property ledgers are handled seamlessly. Very easy to use even for beginners. I like the global search functionality. You can pretty much find anything using it without navigating through the menus. Pricing is relatively inexpensive.

It's cloud-based, so you don't have to maintain any software on your own computers. You can access it anywhere with a web browser. Some people see this as a negative, but we've not had any issues with Buildium being down unexpectedly. The scheduled maintenance times are generally late at night.

Support is good if you're having problems with the standard functionality. In general I would say the support staff understands their product well. And you can get them on the phone to explain things. That's becoming less common with companies today.

Document management is hit & miss. I love that I can post a PDF receipt for every expense right there in the ledger. However, documents at the property- or owner level are less helpful. It's just one big bucket per property or owner. Having a folder structure would be a big help. (Not there today.)

Buildium offers tenant bill-pay through an online portal for rent payments, and also outbound electronic payments to property owners. It's done through a 3rd party vendor and at additional cost. This is a double-edged sword. Very convenient; it makes the bookkeeping entries for you automatically. But if you're doing outbound payments, make sure to treat it just like an online banking account (long passwords, be careful of who in your office has access to it, etc.) Allowing for extra security questions or letting users limit the IP addresses that have this outbound payment functionality would be helpful.

The Bad:
As noted, you'll get frustrated if you're trying to use this for commercial properties. The designers make assumptions that you're doing residential.

CRM functionality is practically non-existent. This is an accounting package. They do have some decent (and customizable) postal-mail templates and can do mail-merge so you can send notices to tenants and owners. But this does not extend to email. You'll need another product to do CRM and do double data entry between systems.

There is no integration layer or API, so no chance of integrating this with your CRM system or generating custom reports.

The reports, while nice-looking, are as-is and not customizable in any way. You're stuck with what they give you. They make some odd design decisions sometimes. For example, you can't generate an association owner invoice for an owner who lives someplace other than the managed property. The invoice is always addressed to the managed property, even if you entered a different mailing address for the owner, as if an association owner would never rent out the property. These types of oddities abound, and the product support folks will never acknowledge it as a problem. They'll tell you to fill out an enhancement request, which may be considered for implementation someday, or may not. You'll never know. Providing a way to customize reports or providing an API would help in this area.

In Summary:
Buildium is good at what it does, but what it does is pretty limited. You will likely be happy if you're in their demographic sweet spot (10-100 residential units). It's cheap enough to sign up and try it out to see if it's right for you. If you manage commercial properties, have a very large or complex portfolio, or need integrated CRM capabilities, it's probably not for you.

Scott
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate Software

Buildium just fits

Reviewed on 10/7/2022

The software is easily adopted and their training and support is top notch. Support responds within a few hours to next day.

Pros

The software is user friendly. Typically there is more than one way to get what you need to do and enter data.

Cons

Sometimes hard to figure out exactly how to make a change and send new leases.

Response from RealPage

Thanks for your review, Scott! We're glad you've had great experiences with training and the support team.

- Charlie W

Brandon

Pay to Play

Reviewed on 1/17/2023

The set up required some major staff time however the Buildium team was great. The Help line has ben good most of the time, there has been a few times when it took up to 45 minutes to reach a human which is disappointing.

Pros

Allowing us to put our best foot forward with a public facing site and a tenant portal is great. It also is excellent to be able to manage our lease ledger etc.

Cons

I knew when we selected Buildium that there were modular aspects that required payment and separate agreements but the sales team does not do a good job of explaining exactly how shackled your listing experience is without paying Zillow for access to their site. They also do not clearly explain the hoops that your listings must jump through to by syndicated across the other listing sites.

Response from RealPage - Buildium

Thanks for your review. I'll take your feedback about syndication and pass it on to our sales team.

- Charlie

Desiree

• Customer Support Software

Good product for a decent value

Reviewed on 1/17/2023

Overall, the experience has been pretty easy

Pros

I like the features of the app that allow you to text the residence

Cons

That you can’t access all the options from the app and have to go to the full site for some

Response from RealPage - Buildium

Thanks for your review, Desiree! Please be sure to submit app suggestions to our development team through the "Suggest a feature" item in the Help & Support menu.

- Charlie

Deborah

Buildium review by user

Reviewed on 1/17/2023

Buildium is fantastic. Can’t imagine being able to do my job without it

Pros

Buildium is crucial in worl accomplishments

Cons

I have no complaints. Your customer service department is awesome! So helpful!

Response from RealPage - Buildium

Thanks for your review and your kind words for our support team, Deborah!

- Charlie

Brenda

Buildium Review

Reviewed on 1/13/2023

Pros

The ease of features and processing if payments are outstanding.

Cons

The sign in doesn't allow my password manager to save the login information.

Response from RealPage - Buildium

Thanks for your review, Brenda! We pride ourselves on making things easy, so it's great to see we've succeeded.

On the topic of storing passwords, Buildium doesn't block password managers from saving login information. I recommend checking with your password manager's support material for any troubleshooting tips.

- Charlie

Kayli

Easy to use and Effective

Reviewed on 1/18/2023

My over all experience has be wonderful easy to learn easy to use.

Pros

I like that its very easy to use no matter who you are. I like that every this is divided

Cons

Im from Israel so the whole banking section is not useable but we just use the floats

Response from RealPage - Buildium

Thanks for your review, Kayli! We're glad you're finding Buildium is easy to use. We pride ourselves on making a user-friendly experience.

- Charlie

Eyal

The Buildium Experiance

Reviewed on 8/8/2019

Overall, great software with dedicated team (to the most part).

Pros

Buildiun is a very easy to use software. New features are normally well received by my staff.

Cons

Missing some features. 3rd Party (FORTE) is not customer friendly.

AppFolio Property Manager and Yardi Voyager

Reasons for Choosing Buildium

Propertyware was too complicated to the point the my clients start complaining.

Propertyware

Reasons for Switching to Buildium

It was a small company with a simple product. The team at the time was very friendly and committed.

Response from Buildium

Hi Eyal,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are also excited to let you know that Buildium has created its own internal payments platform and is in the process of transitioning its customers over to that system.

Pamela

• Customer Support Software

Buildium is a game changer

Reviewed on 12/28/2021

This has been an excellent experience, from set up to daily work. The few times I have gotten stuck and not been able to figure it out on my own, I have always received the BEST Customer Service, every single time. Pleasant, accurate, immediate help and a solution to my problem with one phone call. It is astonishing in this day and age. Thank you!!!

Pros

I have been in the Property Management field for over 30 years and started with a DOS based accounting program for our rentals. When it became too outdated to use anymore, my Broker dragged me, kicking and screaming, into the new age of online property management programs. After trying a few of them and being terribly discouraged and disappointed, I found Buildium and have not looked back since. The accounting features allow me to give my Landlords exact and professional reports and access to their account information through the portal. Nearly ALL of my tenants are paying online now, which is a great time saver and perfect for my small business situation. I am able to track every penny, every vacancy, every lease renewal AND I have it linked to my website so all it takes to put a property on the market is the click of a button. But the very best part about Buildium is their customer service!!! I have tried to figure out problems for HOURS on my own, then given up and called customer service to have an answer within minutes!!! It is amazing how fantastic the staff is. And the program keeps getting new features and fine tuning too. They listen to their customers and their excellent developers respond to our needs quickly. I've never had a better experience with ANY program or company, across the board. Highly recommend them.

Cons

The ONLY complaint I have about Buildium is that my ESCROW account balances, which are the tenant's money being held in trust, only show the Property Owner names on my reports.

Response from RealPage

Thank you so much for your review, Pamela! It's always great to hear success stories like yours.

- Charlie W.

Diane

Buildium Builds Confidence in Our Owners and Tenants

Reviewed on 8/8/2019

I have come to rely on Buildium always being there when I need to enter information into the system or to generate a report or look up a transaction. I can't remember ever having a time when the system was down or not available. Not having to worry about this gives me peace of mind, and in a sometimes hectic environment, this is important. Buildium is dependable.

Pros

I use Buildium daily and rely on it to enter information that will be used to generate monthly and annual reports. The finished product is easy to read and looks very professional. Our owners know they are in good hands when they can easily see where there money is spent and feel confident that we are protecting their investment. For our tenants, they really like being able to pay their rent on line, saving them time and money. If I have an issue that needs to be resolved, I know I can count on Buildium's customer service department to answer my questions quickly and accurately.

Cons

I understand how this software works now because I have been using it for the past several years, however, there was a little bit of a learning curve. Because I know the limitations of Buildium and how to get around them, there is less and less that I don't like about the software.

AppFolio Property Manager, Rentec Direct and SimplifyEm

Reasons for Switching to Buildium

I chose Buildium because it was affordable and fairly easy to use. I liked the ease it offers my tenants to pay online and how simple it is to pay my owners.

Response from Buildium

Diane,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review. We know what a tough job property management can be, and we're so happy that we can help bring you peace-of-mind!

We appreciate you as a loyal customer!

Jennifer

A Good program getting better

Reviewed on 5/25/2021

A much better system than using multiple programs for individual aspects. Very geared toward rental management and Condos or HOAs seem after-thoughts often.

Pros

The ability for Boards to interact with management and for owners to be easily communicated with are some of the best features with this program. It's mostly all integrated!

Cons

Updates are usually bumpy when implemented, causing a slow down in service. Some features, which seem to be common sense are still in development stages. Tracking of tasks in infancy yet.
Can send emails but not receive them through the system, causing us to still have to use another program.

Tim

• Customer Support Software

Great product for property management

Reviewed on 3/10/2021

Buildium has been great for property management. Online applications/background checks, epay, and the resident portal have proven to be daily uses in our business. 10 out of 10 would recommend.

Pros

epay. It's worth it for that. To be able to get paid online seemlessly is great. Communication being automated around payment is wonderful, too -- specifically, the lease ledger, automating late fees, and payment reminders.

Cons

We list properties for rent that do not have bed/baths on them - specifically, RV pad sites and commercial lots. Buildium does not allow us to list properties without the bed/bath requirement. This becomes confusing to prospective tenants when these listings are on our website and published elsewhere.

AppFolio Property Manager

Reasons for Choosing Buildium

Was speaking about my challenges with Cozy with another property manager. They told me about Buildium. I made the switch that day.

Reasons for Switching to Buildium

The recommendation of a trusted property manager.
Rick

We deferred the decision to adopt Buildium for 10 years too long

Reviewed on 5/11/2021

Our biggest challenge was gathering all of our data as it was stored in numerous systems. Buildium's deployment staff was excellent in helping us to get off the ground. We were live within 30 days of starting and have continued to add functionality throughout the year.

Pros

We have been live for just over a year now. We use the applications, electronic rent collection (epay), accounting, Resident Center, and task tracking (maintenance) features of Buildium. Their automation has saved us so much time and money.

Cons

Wishlist rather than cons as the system is very good: 1) multiple applications would be good based on the type of property rather than being limited to just 1 application, 2) the ability to move a tenant out and move a new tenant in on the same day, 3) better tenant communications (emailing and messaging) above and beyond what is built-in, we adopted Follow-up Boss for this, 4) API should be open to Zapier

Reasons for Choosing Buildium

We were so fragmented, although we still kept Rentec Direct for Off Market Listings

It was the best fit
Allyson

A Great Way To keep all of your Property Management needs organized

Reviewed on 4/15/2022

Before we were using Google Drive and kept track of everything with spread sheets. Buildium makes it easier to keep all of your information together in one spot. Buildium is very user friendly. A little confusing at first but once you grasp how they organize everything you will catch on very quickly.

Pros

This app is wonderful and really helps keep the tenants, leases, contact info, maintenance requests, leasing and listing, Property Management, Work Orders, finances everything to do with Property Management all in order. It’s a great way to keep your company organized.

Cons

I wish that there was a feature that we could have the list of tenants, like with outstanding balances, and when leases are close to being up etc. There’s a process, and I wish I could have a list of tenants with the check mark boxes beside them to mark off and keep track of each process. And even when I leave the page, and go else where in Buildium. When I come back to the list it is still the same as when I left it and I don’t have to start over. Just so I can keep track of which task and property I’ve already done for said task. For example: We have leases ending soon, I have to email each owner of each property to see if they want to do a rent increase or move out. This is where I would need my first check list of tenants I need to do this for. Then the next step is to create said rent increase notices or move out notices , this would be the second check list of tenants so that I can mark off and keep track of each step of the process and which tenants I’ve already completed the rent increase notices/move out notices for. I need this to be able to make separate lists that save even when I leave the page and go else where in Buildium. Right now there is a check box by each tenant, but it’s not really designed to keep track of what your doing because when I leave the page and come back my check marks are gone and I have to start over and try to remember which tenants I’ve already completed the process before. When dealing with tons of tenants this would make my job easier

Google Docs

Reasons for Choosing Buildium

Because Buildium makes our job 100% easier, in every way.

Google Docs and Google Sheets

Reasons for Switching to Buildium

We wanted a real system to keep organized as we grow our company. Also all the cool features like making templates for various documents /emails and being able to send them out to all 100 tenants if I need too all at the same time. That makes my life so much easier. Also Buildium keeps track of tenant payments and finances, you still have to do your part finance wise but it makes everything easier. Buildium makes everything to do with Property Management easier.

Response from RealPage

Hi Allyson,

Thanks for your review. I'm happy to see Buildium is helping you keep organized.

While we don't currently have a checklist ability for your move-out or renewal process, you should be able to see the information you're looking for by running a Rent Roll report, which shows you most of the information you're looking for. You're also able to run Buildium in multiple tabs or windows at the same time, so you can keep the report open in one window, and navigate to any other page in a separate window.

I recommend submitting this as a feature request by selecting the "Suggest a feature" option in the Help & Support menu in your Buildium account.

Thanks again!

Gregorio

• Customer Support Software

Buildium is a "must have" for all property management companies

Reviewed on 1/20/2022

Honestly, it has helped our business out tremendously. The way it tracks financials for all associations and clients are able to pay online and also the apartment residents. Really glad this program allows the accounting part of any business along with the management of all properties in one program. It took the place of our "quickbooks" very easily. i love it

Pros

I was a little "iffy" at first with this program and didn't think it was worth the cost, but boy was I wrong. Great program and very easy to use, even for the "not so computer savy' people. I am glad I gave the program a try. Invaluable to property management.

Cons

The only thing I can say the program could improve is to be able to re-email a payment receipt. If for example and error was made posting the payment and edited the payment. Would like to be able to re-email payment receipts if edited.

Response from RealPage

Hi Gregorio,

Thanks for your review and your suggestion. You can let our dev team know about your suggestion by going to the Help & Support menu in your Buildium account and selecting the "Suggest a feature" option.

- Charlie W

Elaine

• Customer Support Software

Buildium, it works great!

Reviewed on 6/29/2021

Set up is fast and that was important because you can't just stop running the business to take the time to set up a software system. It simplified my bookkeeping to such an extent that I now have considerably more time to devote to the business.

Pros

It only took me 2 days part-time to lean how to use this software. While I normally really LOVE a printed User Manual (I'm old-school), the online Help available is very extensive and showed me what to do in every situation, so far. Setting up Properties, Owners, Leases and Tenants is remarkably simple and almost intuitive. Nicely done.

Cons

When I get the message (all the time) that says that an entry cannot be changed, I have to go to the original bill, deposit, etc. There needs to be a button that takes me there directly without having to go hunt for it.

Priya
  • Industry: Accounting Software

Buildium Review

Reviewed on 5/24/2022

So far the integration has been great. We have not yet got any product update reports on the above mentioned issues.

Quick and easy integration
Great back up team
Customer support is very effective
Great functionality
Effective and accurate financial reporting

Cons

HST Representation on the owner/tenant ledger is incorrect. We needed a work around which is not the most efficient way. The auto calculation of HST on charges is not available. Buildium understands the liability account charges on tenant/owner ledger as the liability to the respective owner/tenant. It could be a liability to government too like in the case of HST.
The rent roll and recurring charges list in tenant lease section should provide per sq ft rates for rental properties.
The automatic bank reconciliation has not worked at all as it was advertised during the sales calls.

Response from RealPage

Hi Priya,

We love hearing how much you like working with our customer care team!

We recently introduced tax calculation for management fees, but we'd love to hear more about taxes for resident charges. Please use the "Suggest a feature" option in the Help & Support menu in your Buildium account to let us know more about what you're looking for.

For auto reconciliation, please reach out to customer care and provide them with more details.

- Charlie W.

Monique

The Cadillac of HOA/Condo/Property Management

Reviewed on 8/24/2018

I have searched far and wide and Buildium is the best available for HOA/property management. I use it for all my monthly paying accounts, and find that the professional statements which are easily generated make managing the finances uncomplicated. Overall, Buildium is super customer friendly and has always met my expectations in the five years that I have been with them.

Pros

This software is mandatory if you have monthly payments for properties. It accepts EFT/Debit/Credit Cards and has a very user friendly approach to keeping financial records on individual homeowners in perfect shape.

They also allow easy access for homeowners to both their own account and payments, and to governing documents, minutes, etc at any time.

Imputing the payments and checks etc is easy and personalizing the accounting categories to fit your business is a snap.

It pulls up a roster of homeowners and when someone moves out, changing out the account name takes seconds instead of laborious work in other spreadsheets etc.

The to-do tasks list is very helpful for sharing among a busy office.

In a Buildium vs spreadsheet choice, I would pick Buildium every time for accuracy, professionalism and most importantly ease of use. I pull down a list and print up invoices from many time periods, and to email the late invoices, is simply a matter of 2 seconds to pull up the right file and hit the correct button.

Cons

The non-bending method of making payments - where they require the vendor to log in and invoice directly vs just allowing me to make quick payments to say the lawn guy or other vendors who wouldn't know a computer if it smacked them in the face. I do not use this portion of the software.

I have also asked them repeatedly to sell a 'lite' version of the subscription. One where they charge less for seasonal payments. I have several HOAs that only pay once a year, and can't use Buildium because it is cost prohibitive to have an account open for 12 months that only has one payment per year. They need to have a Florida/AZ/Seasonal version at a lower rate that has limited payments.

Response from Buildium

Hi Monique,

Thank you so much for your review! We're so thrilled we've been able to help meet a lot of your management needs over the past 5 years. We've made a note of your feedback regarding vendor payments and Buildium "Lite", and will pass it along to our product team!

Karen

Best investment of our HOA

Reviewed on 6/4/2019

Bookkeeping and reports are easy to enter and pull. Reconciliations are flawless. When I figured out that we could save documents/invoices by entering all outgoing payments as bills first, it was GREAT! The approval process is really good for checks and balances in our management of the community. One of the issues that I believe will be solved in the next 10 years is that some of our most elderly residents (usually those in their 80's) don't like portals and believe that their information will not be secure. Younger residents don't seem to have the same issues (by younger I mean anyone under 80). In 2017, when we took over management from a management company, we had a treasurer who wanted to do accounting and tracking with spreadsheets and was literally afraid of online software. He was over 80. Because of the time it takes to manage a community as a volunteer, it is usual to have elder individuals involved in boards and committees. We have it down to a handful of those who refuse to go to their portals. Lastly, my request to have an online process for architectural control does not seem to have gotten to the front of the line. It would be so beneficial for us to have that to be able to streamline another process for self-management.

Pros

Buildium has been great for our resident managed HOA. We did a thorough vetting job in choosing our management software, and it has lived up to what we hoped for. The books are right there, and we can allow anyone to see all that is going on at any time. Board members and volunteers have different levels of access, and that has made it easy for reporting. Resident portals are great, and the communication is easy.

Cons

Size of documents/invoices you can is smaller than needed, so I often have to split documents into parts which is annoying. The email took doesn't allow cut and paste of a pdf into the body of text. I always have to send our newsletter as an attachment. Sometimes q & a does not answer my questions for simple things -- such as, I misspelled the name of a new owner, and it took me 30 minutes to figure out how to correct, because there was no answer provided in q & a. My biggest "complaint" would be that this is rental focused in some regard, and we have no tenants. We only have owners, and residents sometimes tell us they are confused by the things that say "tenants" or refer to rentals.

Pamela

• Customer Support Software

We have been using Buildium for just over two years now and I could not love it more!

Reviewed on 2/2/2018

I had been using a DOS based management program for nearly 20 years and had to go online due to the changes in technology. It was a very stressful time trying to find a program that could do what we needed and was affordable and that I could manage on my own. Buildium has been the answer. We LOVE the online payment option for our tenants and landlord. We LOVE all the reports and the way the accounting process is set up. Most of all, we LOVE the excellent customer support we recieve from the Buildium team. The whole experience has been outstanding.

Pros

The customer service is OUTSTANDING! There is no way to be able to solve all the problems of transitioning to a new program on your own; I tried that with another program, using the excellent documentation they had provided but was never able to overcome some of the posting problems I encountered. I ended up frustrated and stressed out from being unable to understand how the program wanted me to do things. However, when I ran into any problem with the Buildium program, all I have to do is submit a support ticket. I normally recieve an answer back within 24 hours. If it is a serious problem, I call customer service and I am ALWAYS able to reach a LIVE, FRIENDLY, American speaking Specialist that is able to see what my program is doing and walk me through the problem to the point that I can manage it and they always explain what is going on so I can understand it!! It is the absolute best program I have ever used, in any field, in my entire 40 year career in Property Management! And they are constantly updating the program and making it better! I don't think I have ever been happier with a buying decision in my life. I highly recommend this program and company to anyone who is going to be managing real estate.

Cons

The ONLY thing I can think of that I don't like about this program is that one of the report sorts I use is done by the owner first name, instead of last name and the security depsoit breakdown report is done by Owner name, instead of the Tenant Name. Other than that, I can not think of a single thing to complain about. It is a great company!

Response from Buildium

Hi Pamela,
Thank you for leaving your review. Your opinion is invaluable to us and we're so pleased to hear about your positive experience with Buildium!

Elizabeth Gill
Senior Customer Marketing Manager

Bill
  • Industry: Accounting Software

Treasurer

Reviewed on 5/21/2021

Pros

We are almost there after 18 months . The balance sheet needs to have the ability to make subtotal similarly to the P&L and other reports. I use to do software support and beta testing. this is a benign request in that if you put it in, those that don't need it can ignore it and those that need it would have it. I am surprised this hasn't been asked for before now.

Reasoning: Now my office manager has to convert data to excel data sheet and has to MANUALLY to the subtotal. This is very dangerous. We do sub totals of all operating accounts and than subtotal for all reserve monies and they must match. I would like your software to produce a clean Balance sheet.

Cons

this is all second hand but : downtime has been having spikes. Follow up after property manager submits a problem. I feel that when she sends you an issue, it should open a work ticket in our system and in yours as well.

Leuri

Buildium - Easy to Use, Improving on Features

Reviewed on 2/25/2019

I know Property Managers trying to manage properties using spreadsheets. I can't imaging trying to run 41 units on a spreadsheet so I love the ability to compartmentalize all the components of Property Management. I love the ability to receive all payments, including cash, electronically without having to run a deposit to the bank. While I think your Customer Tech Support is great, there are times that I am able to figure out how something works and why it works that way, faster than Tech Support and sometimes they can't figure it out, I have to tell them the logic behind how it works.

Pros

User friendly, accounting functions easy to adapt and correct. Great tech support. Integration of application information porting to Tenant ledger is improving. Like the auto transactions to move Pre-paid rents to actual rents.

Cons

Inability to edit a task description. Inability to run a "snapshot" report for some GL accounts (which always pick up the current balance instead of selecting the balance as of a given date, lazy programming). Appfolio features integrated leases as a basic feature, not an additional service for elease, which is cumbersome and expensive for smaller companies. Appfolio also provides a scheduling feature at no additional charge. However, Buildium's accounting/office backend is vastly superior to Appfolio. Overall, I like Buildium and its'user-friendly platform.

Response from Buildium

Hi Leuri,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We've passed your feedback directly to both our product team and our customer care department.

Thanks again for your honest review!