7shifts

Simplifying labor management, one shift at a time.

4.6/5
Customer Support Software

Chris R.

Stacked and Folded Social House Review of 7Shifts

Reviewed on 2021-08-31

Overall it is a solid product, very happy with it!! I feel it blows Hot Schedules out of the water!!

Pros

Ease of use, lay out, certain reports. Ease for staff to communicate and input their availability and time off requests. It is user friendly on the front end.

Cons

Better labor forecasting, actual v forecasted, Day part labor separation ( lunch v dinner) and real-time labor v forecasted v last week ( or last quarter or last year). Being able to break down the sales by day part along with labor would be fantastic. Also the "optimal labor" tool is pretty weak and the graph used is not helpful.
Tip pooling or tip reporting enhancements. I have three cashiers on, having them the program able to split up the group tips by hours worked on that shift.

HotSchedules, ADP Workforce Now, Compeat and When I Work

Reasons for Switching to 7shifts

I liked the way it looked, the ease of learning it and the great support staff when we first started!!! Their patience and understanding was just awesome!!!

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Chris!

Denise G.

Great Resource for Restaurant Mangement

Reviewed on 2021-08-31

Overall 7shifts has really productively impacted our day to day. Reservation booking, management notes, scheduling have all been digitized and made accessible anywhere we are. This allows for us to work on things and make educated decisions even when we are off property.

Pros

The best features of this program is all around communication. That includes communication from ownership on down. Everyone always has quick access to the notes and day to day. Management log and scheduling were the biggest attractions for us.

Cons

The biggest con for me so far is the permissions. We can only designate one Administrator and we cannot customize all permissions down quite as much as we need or would like. Sometimes we are stuck with "all or nothing" permissions decisions for some staff members.

HotSchedules

Reasons for Switching to 7shifts

The toast integration option, pricing, trial period, and overall product availability that we were looking for.

Response from 7shifts

Thank you for the great, detailed review Denise!

Chef steven P.

Life with 7Shifts is all about the right communication with staff and managers

Reviewed on 2019-11-14

I have two other software suites that offer what 7shifts does included in the price, 2 other software suites and I still would rather use 7shifts because of how awesome it is. My 50k POS bundle and my staff management suite both offer this, and I could save the cost of 7shifts per year - but heck no.

Pros

- Very Short Learning Curve
- The App is very stable and accurate
- Our staff enjoy using the app and don't see it as a burden, but a convenience
- With our package, the app is feature-rich without bloat.
- Developers listen to the community and add value as often as possible.

Cons

As with any software development, some features that would be useful for you may take time if they are more niche use cases.

Response from 7shifts

Wow! Thanks for the amazing review Steven. I shared your review with the rest of our team, and it made our day to hear that 7shifts has provided you and your team with so much value. Knowing that you have chosen 7shifts over other tools you have available to you is a high honour and is what drives us to keep developing our products for restaurateurs like yourself. Please let us know how we can continue to raise the bar for you and make 7shifts an integral part of your operations.

Rick S.

I never thought I'd depend on 7shifts so much

Reviewed on 2021-09-10

Pros

The longer we use 7shifts the better it gets. I use it for scheduling, employee newsletters, our employees use it to chat back and forth with eachother and the owners, shift swapping, time-clocking (with PUNCH) and payroll. It basically replaces the need for an HR position. Because we've used it now for a few years, I can quickly scroll back to last year and see our sales trends over time to predict sales and predict staffing requirement. Sometime I forget when we changed our hours last year, so I can easily check that through 7shifts. Also I can play around with future schedules to analyze when we need to hire a new employee or if it's worth it to add or delete days from our schedule.

Cons

Nothing I don't like...but here is an idea for a new feature. I wish I could get an immediate alert (to the owner) if the sales go higher or lower than set parameters for a certain time period. This would tell me that something is wrong (like no sales for 2 hours...uh oh...did we close? is something broken?) or the restaurant needs help (like 3 hours worth of sales in 45 minutes...oh no, we're slammed and need extra hands).

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the kind words and the great suggestion Rick. We love hearing that 7shifts is increasing in value the longer you use it. Thanks for being a great partner and for trusting us to help your restaurant.

Christian H.

7Shifts Review

Reviewed on 2020-09-24

Overall, 7Shifts has been the best restaurant scheduling software that I've personally used. If I'm being very honest the bar wasn't particularly high, none the less I'm very satisfied. The insight into staff trends such as engagement and enthusiasm is great. As is the forecasting for scheduling.

Pros

Both the UX & UI on 7Shifts are lightyears ahead of any other restaurant scheduling software that I've encountered. That's most critical in having hourly employees engage and use the software.

Cons

We had some issues with POS integration. Granted we use Aloha which isn't the greatest, but importance of POS makes that a harder thing to change so I'd like to see the scheduling software be the more nimble and adaptive one.

Announcements and messaging can be clunky to load—especially on mobile.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Christian! We've happy to hear that 7shifts is the best scheduler you have ever used. We also really appreciate the feedback on your POS integration. I have instructed your Success Manager to reach out to you to see if there is anything that can be done to make this better for you. Cheers!

Briana D.

Great easy to use scheduling software

Reviewed on 2021-08-31

I have been using scheduling software for many years and the combination of price, ease of use, and available app for my employees makes it a winner in my book.

Pros

I really enjoy having an app, setup was very easy, the price is right, and the over-all use is intuitive and simple to understand.

Cons

None that I can think - honestly a good product that meets my needs.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Briana! We appreciate you advocating for 7shifts for your restaurant.

Kelly K.

Best Scheduling App

Reviewed on 2020-11-05

I have used multiple scheduling tools and this is my favorite!

Pros

I love how easy it is to make my schedule. I love how the days my employees request off show up easily and I can copy and paste schedules that repeat often.

Cons

Sometimes the notifications don’t pop up consistently.

Response from 7shifts

Easy for create schedules? Cheaper than the alternative? Better experience for employees? Sounds like 7shifts is the right fit for you Kelly. Thank so much for the review!

Sara jane M.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Has all the tools you could need

Reviewed on 2019-05-01

I get updates/push notifications from 7 shifts every week when my schedule is published, as well as updates from my managers and corporate offices. I also sometimes use it to make work life easier. Really glad to have this piece of software I thought I'd never use. Very good for the restaurant industry and hourly positions.

Pros

It's a really nice layout, it has thought of just about everything you could possibly need to use the software for. I have personally found it very useful for looking up the contact information of my coworkers and keeping track of request off time. For people like servers who constantly drop/add/trade shifts with other people, there is a useful feature to do that as well.

Cons

It logged me out when I changed phones, don't think that's necessary to protect information on this kind of app, but was easy to recover password. Overall a very minor con.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Sara! We're happy to hear that 7shifts has everything you need to make your work life easier. We really appreciate your detailed feedback and if there is every anything we can improve upon in the future, please just reach out to our team any time. Cheers!

Damon H.

7shifts review

Reviewed on 2020-11-05

Pros

Before using this software, we primarily used Excel spreadsheets. That process was cumbersome and very hard to schedule employees. By using 7shifts our scheduling has become way more streamlined. We enjoy that once the schedule is posted, it notifies every single employee. We also enjoy that there is a chat feature and announcement feature that allows us to communicate with our employees in order to make sure that everyone is on track. Calculating labor for a schedule is also way easier.

Cons

Overall we really enjoyed the software. The only complaints that I would list is that every now and then our employees and myself are sometimes logged out of our account and it’s cumbersome to figure out why we are logged out and to get back into the account.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Damon! Making the switch from excel to an app is hard sometimes, but we are thrilled to hear it's been worth it for your restaurant. The benefits are clear, so we're happy we could help you and your team make the switch :)

Lynn L.

• Customer Support Software

Our old way was an Excel spreadsheet......

Reviewed on 2018-09-27

I can't imagine going back to the old way of doing things! When I've had questions or suggestions the 7shifts team has been prompt to respond and follow up.

Pros

Saves so much time over our old way of using an excel spreadsheet and having to keep track of paper time-off requests. Very easy to start using right away and great advanced features to use once you get into using the software! It was always a headache keeping track of vacation requests and changing availabilities - but now the computer flags them immediately. Employees feel more in control being able to electronically submit days-off requests and availability. Employees are easily able to see who's working or not in order to get their shifts covered/switched. Setting up shift templates and having the computer fill out the schedule according to employee availability is awesome. Employees being able to instantly see schedule and changes when they are made is great!

Cons

I'll never go back to excel for scheduling if that counts as a con?

Response from 7shifts

Lynn, hearing that you will never go back to Excel again is the highest praise we can review. Thanks so much for the great review!

Tayler B.

• Customer Support Software

Wish I started using 7shifts sooner!

Reviewed on 2020-11-15

Pros

7shifts has helped me streamline my business. It is a great tool for communicating with our team with options to post announcements or group chats. It manages our time clocking (7punches), scheduling, and time off requests all in one place. On top of all of that, it integrates with my accounting and POS software so smoothly. 7shifts has saved me so much time and offers the convenience my team truly needed.

Cons

If there are any features that 7shifts may be lacking or any additional features that would benefit 7shifts clients further, they are either already working on it with their beta team or they are open to hearing your suggestions. This software has grown so much since I began utilizing it and has so much potential!

Response from 7shifts

Wow! Thank you SO much for the amazing review Tayler. Hearing how much 7shifts has helped your business really makes our day. We look forward to growing our platform to better serve you.

Kristiana C.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Great software for all kitchens

Reviewed on 2021-08-13

Pros

The ui for 7 shifts makes sense and is quite intuitive. It also looks nice, which is hard to come by with other scheduling programs. I have all records for hours worked, payroll, and a calender in one place which makes my life incredibly easy.

Cons

I honestly don't have any complaints. It is difficult to manage so many aspects of a business through 1 app and 7 shifts does a good job of doing that, especially compared to some of the competition.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the kind words Kristiana! We are really pleased to hear that 7shifts is easy to navigate and intuitive. We look forward to making it even easier for you in the future.

William M.

Overall Great Product

Overall Positive

Pros

7shifts and 7tasks offers many great tools to better manage employees. My favorite features are, the free app for employees, the simplistic UI, and the well organized statistics.

Cons

Issues with passwords being randomly denied, the app has gone down in the past (not recently), and some API’s don’t work as well as they could.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review William! We are EXCITED to hear that you are finding as much value in our task management tool as our scheduling tools. Also, great to hear you are finding success with your Toast integration. Cheers!

Kumar P.

Scheduling Made Easy

Reviewed on 2019-08-29

Pros

7shifts is one of several scheduling software options that allows you to have transparency in calculating hours and costs. It's a strong communication tool to send out information in addition to creating schedules for employees. The setup is easy, maintenance is seamless, and the visibility into costs is very helpful in making decisions.

Cons

7shifts makes communication too easy, something that can be abused by both management and the team. When people can chat too easily, they will often abuse the system--something that was avoidable in the pen and paper days.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Kumar! We are happy to hear that you find 7shifts a great tool for helping to manage your labor costs, budgeting, and communications. And that is great feedback regarding our chat functionality I will make sure a member of our team follows up with you to show you how you can set it up to remove the 'noise' from your team. All the best!

Christian S.

• Customer Support Software

Great for restaurants to help save on labor

Reviewed on 2019-10-18

Paying managers to make weekly schedule And handling all personal time off Requests. Lots of communication to solve simple problems now The app and the staff handle themselves Managers can concentrate on customer service.

Pros

Integrates with you Pos system and Pulls real time numbers. Going with a set schedule and staff handling their time request off via text or job post.
Looking forward to having next year numbers to help scheduling amounts.

Cons

That Implantation it’s not as easy as they make it sound “you’ll be up and running in a couple days “It takes time even though it can pull data from your Pos or via an Excel sheet IT did not drop everything in the proper places so add time for management to enter all data before the system can be used. But also very important to get the details right the first time for long-term results

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Christian! We're so happy to hear that integration with your POS has had a positive impact on your scheduling and your business. And thanks for the feedback on the setup as well I have passed that feedback along to our team who will use it to see how we can improve our process for ALL customers, including yourself.

Brian A.

Great App & product

Reviewed on 2020-11-09

Pros

We used another scheduling up years ago and it just wast as user friendly as 7 Shifts. our Staff & Management loves the app. We like the app were we can pull it up on our phones to check schedules and it also integrates with our POS system so we can see what time an employee punched in or if they haven't arrived. Our Food Runners, Bussers and Hostess that are all high schoolers love it since they can request off and change shift all from there phones.

Cons

only bad thing is they launched & Tasks but you have to download a separate app. only wish that you could run both 7 Shift and & Tasks from one app so our staff can just use it for there phone.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks so much for the kind words Brian! We have so exciting improvements coming to our apps soon to make it easier for you and your staff to complete tasks effectively :)

Arthur J.

Empowering Staff Through Scheduling

Reviewed on 2019-05-09

I started off with 7 shifts as a way of creating a simple digital schedule for my remote production facility staff that also executed offsite markets and events. Later, 7 shifts empowered me to take over the manual scheduling system that was in place at my full service Pub location which empowered my staff to be able to take control of their scheduling needs at their convenience.

Pros

Cloud based desktop and mobile app interface that empowers staff to build and maintain schedule and to be able to communicate with each other about scheduling needs and events.

Cons

there is not anything significant that I like least about the software to note.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks so much for the review Arthur! We really appreciate the feedback of long-time users like yourself and we are genuinely excited to hear about the empowerment that 7shifts provides to your staff. Please let us know if there is ever anything we can do to ensure that 7shifts remains your top choice for scheduling and communication.

Andy L.

• Customer Support Software

Better than its competitors. The most user friendly scheduling software you will find. Saves...

Reviewed on 2016-08-31

We used to use a MS Excel spreadsheet that calculated labor and flagged overtime. The problem was the ability to "Break" it by accidentally hitting the wrong key. Any schedule maker who wasn't a MS Excel wiz would then have trouble "Fixing" the schedule. This led to me vetting various scheduling software to find something more user friendly than MS Excel. We tried plenty of them, but 7Shifts stood head and shoulders above the rest.

Pros

It takes the excuse-making out of the scheduling process by keeping the schedule makers organized, informed, and on top of everything. Employee involvement makes the schedule maker's job much easier as well. The user friendliness is far superior to any other software. The iPhone/Android app is seamless and takes only a few minutes to grasp in its entirety. Lastly, if/when we have an issue to resolve, the customer service reps do an outstanding job of being available, friendly, and knowledgeable.

Cons

Occasional bugs...but customer service embraces the reporting of any issues because they want the software to be as good as possible.

Elizabeth P.

7Shifts makes scheduling easy

Reviewed on 2021-08-31

Pros

The Dashboard. I like just opening up the app or the PC version and seeing who should be in and when.

Cons

The restriction set forth by the levels and the pricing of the higher levels. I was doing really well with the free version but once I hit 11 employees I had to bump it up. I wish I could have more of the functionality but it is cost prohibitive given the size of the company and the staff.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Elizabeth :)

Brian K.

• Customer Support Software

An overall, pleasant experience.

Reviewed on 2020-11-13

It definitely does a nice job of allowing everyone to communicate on a single platform. Very user friendly and the features are great. It has grown so much over the years.

Pros

I like how easy it is to actually schedule my staff. After they have put their availability in, it is so easy to know who can work and when.

Cons

I really don't care much for the overtime risk. It is not intuitive enough to know that people aren't being overscheduled. I like the idea, however, I get notifications that someone may hit overtime after only working for one hour that week. It would be nice if it was alerting you closer (10 hours out or so) to the actual overtime.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks so much for the review Brian! Appreciate your thoughts on the overtime notifications as well. I've passed that along to our product teams. Thanks again for being a long-time 7shifts user.

Craig S.

The Local American Saloon Restaurant

Reviewed on 2020-11-12

Seamless! It will save you time and money! Seeing sales and labor is great also

Pros

7 shifts is the best scheduling app by far.

Cons

That there is nothing better out there available

Schedulefly

Reasons for Switching to 7shifts

Its easier to use and not complicated

Response from 7shifts

Wow! Thanks for the high praise Craig. We love hearing that 7shifts is the best there is for your team.

Thomas K.

• Customer Support Software

The best restaurant scheduling software

Reviewed on 2019-10-23

Pros

7shifts is great, it is intuitive and easy to use! We use it for 4 different restaurants and all my managers and my employees love it. It is really easy to set up and to build schedules. You can look at your schedules several different ways, and you can also see estimated labor costs.
But the best part is the way it interacts with employees. There is a FREE app and they can see their schedule as well as request shift trades.

We used two different apps before 7 shifts including Hot Schedules and they do not even compare in terms of ease of use and functionality

Cons

Honestly, there is not much I don't like about 7 shifts. Whenever we have had a problem their support has been great and resolved it quickly.

• Industry: Import & Export
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Amazing Easy To Softward

Reviewed on 2020-11-03

Amazing customer service, quick response time and always provide clear and concise answers to support issues.

Pros

Easy to use, very employee interface for front end staff, even though without a lot of tech savvy.

Cons

A little pricey for SAAS, which the feedback module was more automated.

HotSchedules

Response from 7shifts

Thanks so much for the kind review!

Jamie D.

Works great

Reviewed on 2021-09-01

Definitely better than our previous system

Pros

Easy to use for scheduling. Very appealing application for employees to use to view their schedules

Cons

Confusing to request off days. Harder for the older generation to use

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Jamie!

Ryan S.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

7 Shifts Review

Reviewed on 2019-05-28

From the beginning of the free trial that the support team set us up, to the end of the trial just showed how great of a program 7 shifts is. My employees are already raving about it and how easy the phone app is too. The program is great and so is the customer service from the support team.

Pros

Ease of use, customer service, speed, responsiveness, price, does exactly what we were looking for.

Cons

Can't think of a con...just a great program

HotSchedules, ScheduleFlex, Deputy and When I Work

Reasons for Switching to 7shifts

It just seemed like the best product for the price...and again the customer service was great too.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Ryan! We're excited to hear that 7shifts has been easy to setup and that you and your staff are loving it. Also, thanks for the kind words regarding our customer service. We take the support we provide our clients very seriously so it mean a lot to us to hear that it has been a benefit to you. All the best!