Daylite for Mac

CRM & Project Management for teams of 1-100 that use Macs

4.6 /5 (325 reviews) Write a Review!

• Industry: Media Production

Improvement over time!

Reviewed on 2020-01-30

I really like the Opportunities funnel - that I can keep top of mind who are all the potential clients and when I need to follow-up with them - and the way I can do a report of where they came from and how much business I won.

Pros

I love that I can access everything on my phone and my computer and it automatically syncs - that I can have all of my calendar appointments, tasks, clients, projects, opportunities and corresponding emails all in one place whenever I need it. I really couldn't live without this product. I rely on it for everything. Ever since it's been in the cloud, it's gotten much better, and they've really added a lot of features, and web seminars and more customer support.

Cons

It doesn't play well with others and integrate easily with other software - particularly with other calendar systems. When I want to invite my husband or son to personal family calendar appointments, it's many steps for them to accept a meeting. I wish they would fix that feature and also integrate with other apps and not have to use Zapier or multiple steps.

Pj M.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Daylite is Badly Designed

Reviewed on 2018-12-05

Terrible

Pros

It doesn't seem to lose any data or break in a way that destroys the work that goes into it.

Cons

It is buggy, inconsistent, hard to use (and thus hard to teach to use), and, most of all, badly designed. It attempts to match a Mac app sort of feel by having things almost look and act like they do in a stock Mac app like Numbers, Preview, etc. But they fail in actually making it intuitive and useful. The most obvious example is the way it "pulls in" information from the left side of the window in a thing that I don't even know what to call, maybe it's a page? Anyway, these "pages" (for lack of a better word), stack and cover up everything below, and they are also temporary. This causes a few problems. First, you can't go back to the ones below without closing the ones on top, they go away and if you're trying to reference previous "pages" you keep having to go back and forth, sometimes between multiple layers of pages. It's extremely annoying and very unintuitive. There are plenty more examples of its design ineptitude, but I'll give 1 more: The way you edit the "pages" is to aim for a tiny little edit button on the very bottom of the sidebar. And your edits are not applied until you click "done" which appears in the same place. If you accidentally exit the "page", it loses all your edits. And it's waaaay too easy to accidentally exit a page. You should be able to open these "pages" in a new tab, or window, or anything else besides its current functionality.

Response from Marketcircle

Hi PJ,

Thanks for taking the time to share your review. We're sorry you haven't had a positive experience with Daylite - we want all of our customers to see the value in Daylite, so we take feedback like this seriously.

We're glad that you know your data and any work you put into Daylite was safe; that's really important to us!

We're always trying to improve Daylite, so your comments about our design and user interface are very helpful. We have several resources like webinars, one-on-one Customer Success calls, and our Help Centre to make sure you're getting everything you can out of Daylite.

We'd love to have you join a call with our Customer Success team and one of our developers to go through anymore feedback you'd like to share - you can reach us here if you're interested: [email protected] Thank you for helping us continue to constantly improve Daylite!

• Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Mac

Sales focus

Pros

It works great- ease of transition and works across all of Mac

Cons

Nothing- it was easy to use- offered great customer support

Brian J.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Helps me to Get Things Done

Reviewed on 2020-01-31

I am happy with the SW and how it helps me to get things done in a logical and efficient manner. It also allows me to get things "down on paper" so I do not have to remember them or worry about forgetting something. If you use David Allen's GTD philosophies, then you will like DayLite. I have also used Sugar, but found that focused too much on office-based users. I travel internationally 70-80% and need to be able to run my business from the back of a taxi, in the airplane and in my hotel room after a long day. DayLite does a good job of helping to do that efficiently and keeping my sanity.

Pros

It is relatively intuitive and easy to use. Also good for people with a mobile office set-up as it interacts well between iPhone, iPad and MacBook. Customer support is good, albeit only via email and chat.

Cons

It has some limitations and inflexibilities that sometimes frustrate me, or force me to use "old-fashioned" work-arounds, but I must also say that a number of these have been corrected over the years.

Christine H.

Dayite: Thirteen Years And Counting

Reviewed on 2020-01-29

Pros

After a highly successful career in corporate IT, I completely switched gears and started a real estate business in 2007. Familiar with CRM for large corporate accounts, I wanted that same functionality in an affordable Mac-based small business solution. Thirteen years later, I am still a huge fan of Daylite. In addition to meeting those initial requirements, Daylite even included templates for real estate users. But better yet, I could, and still can, completely customize how I use the system. It has never failed me. The iOS additions are incredibly useful. And, as a sceptic of cloud-based solutions for security and client-confidentiality reasons, I was thrilled to see how Marketcircle handled their approach when moving to a subscription service. I have no concerns about data security issues and it makes syncing that much more seamless.

Oh, and the integration with Mail is brilliant and keeps getting better. Really, this may seem obvious to some, but when you're legally required to maintain an audit trail of real estate transaction histories, what could be more efficient than a tool that captures mail, stores documents, allows me to create my own workflows, and then creates a report at the end that simply gets added to the transaction record?

It's truly the best investment I've made in my business.

Cons

In the past there were some hiccups with adding attachments into the database, but this was quickly resolved.

Stephen P.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Terrific CRM for Professional Services Firms

Reviewed on 2020-01-29

Keeping track of my external network is the most important element.

Pros

I work with professional services firms, such as financial, law, and accounting firms, and also practice law. I use Daylite for everything! The email assistant makes it super easy to file emails. More than just emails, though, is the ability to see a history of all communications. I also keep track of clients using Projects and love the flexibility of the platform. I looked at a lot of CRMs and have been "sold" on Daylite since I started using it. Also, very good support help and excellent video tutorials.

Cons

Because it is very robust, it can at first appear intimidating. But the setup is so logical that it quickly becomes easy to use. And it is very customizable, especially useful when using Smart Lists. I'd like to see better reporting features, but beyond that, it's comprehensive.

David K.

VERY Responsive Support for a Great Product

Reviewed on 2018-02-21

It's the most fully integrated software that allows me to manage all aspects of my business (less accounting). I love the integrated functions of; Calendar, Task Management, Project Management, Sales Opportunity Tracking, Data collection and analysis, robust Contact Management.

These features, combined with the email integration piece, allows me to quickly turn an email into a; Task, Calendar event, note, idea, or just save to an associated project, opportunity, company or individual file.

Daylite is an indispensable part of my day and essential to running and growing my business.

Pros

Daylite allows me to integrate all aspects of my day into two portals (email & Daylite). Daylite email integration, combined with (Calendar, Tasks, Team, Projects, Opportunities, Forms, et al) allows me to work inside one interface for all my needs.

The email integration is my favorite piece. I can action any email for a thought, idea, task, appointment, note and numerous other uses, without having to copy/paste, forward or otherwise transfer information.

Instead of managing multiple softwares (Outlook, Project, Sales Force, etc) I can follow pipelines, workflows, activity sets, and send merged mailings all from one portal, tracked to each person or company. I am a HUGE Fan.

Cons

The only functionality I could ask for is to integrate an email app into Daylite which would make the process complete. Other than that, Daylite Cloud has been indispensable to running my business, managing my team, and growing revenue.

Response from Marketcircle

Thank you David for your wonderful review of Daylite!

We're very happy to know that Daylite helps you run your business and your team, while growing your revenue!

Thank you for sharing David. :)

James D.

• Customer Support Software

The perfect Mac CRM program.

Reviewed on 2018-08-11

While I am glad to see a Mac-compatible product, I really wish that it was available for PC users. As someone who uses a Mac for a laptop and a PC as a desktop, it can get a little annoying to have to bring out my Mac to use it. I have seen a lot of people complain that you cannot use Daylite with other email clients, I know you can use Gmail with Mail. I have not tried connecting my Gmail with Mail, but I would imagine that once you have it connected, Daylite will work with those as well.

Pros

Well, the best part of Daylite is its integration with my Mac’s Mail app. There are a lot of products that leave out Mac users, but Daylite works perfectly with my High Sierra machine. I love that I can create a calendar entry for things that I have to do that are mentioned in my emails. The ability to track future sales helps us keep up to date on how we are meeting our company’s goals. Not only is it very easy to use, but it also has a mobile app that syncs with the program.

Cons

The price has to be the biggest con for me. It is rather steep when compared to other CRM programs, especially when you start to add users. While I am personally glad that there is finally a Mac CRM program, as someone who also uses a PC, I find that it’s a little frustrating to have to pull out my Macbook every time that I needed to use the program. I would also like to see an option for more storage, especially for the cost of the program.

Brian N.

• Customer Support Software

The BEST CRM program for a Mac user!

Reviewed on 2018-03-07

Pros

I have used Daylite for the past five years switching from another PC CRM program for the previous ten years. I love the fact that I do not have to be online to use Daylite, it resides on my MacBook and can sync with the cloud when I want to. I recently switched from "standalone" to "cloud" and converted on a Sunday. After having some questions, I received AMAZING technical help on a Sunday afternoon that made the transition VERY easy.

This program works VERY well and is worth the investment. Having all my data in one program that integrates with other programs has been fantastic. With DMA, this allows me to record incoming emails into the contact that sends them. This has proven to be a valuable feature of Daylite.

Lastly, their customer service is top notch. If you send a question, expect an answer or resolution very quickly. They earn five stars for this.

Cons

I would like more features (plugins) available with the program that I do not have to purchase from a third party vendor. Other than that, this program is perfect.

Response from Marketcircle

Thank you Brian for your review! :)

We're happy to hear that you find Daylite to be the best CRM program to run your business. May you continue to win more business, and get more done with Daylite!

Leeanne H.

• Customer Support Software

I've been using Daylite for 7 years and can't imagine being a transaction coordinator without...

Reviewed on 2018-03-22

The biggest benefit for me is that I juggle 10-20 transactions at a time and I don't have to keep a million details in my head. It also provides a place for my brokers to look when they have questions about a transaction, current or past.

Pros

I work on a team, coordinating transactions for 4 brokers as well as assisting with various projects ranging from social media content creation to client events. Daylite offers one place to hold details and to track tasks. Transactions are Opportunities and everything else is a Project. Attaching emails is easy and super useful. Contacts we use over and over again only have to be entered once. No one on my team has to keep a million details in their head so it helps us all stay on the same page. Now that we have switched to the cloud its faster, more reliable, and I've been able to install it at home so working remotely is seamless.

Cons

Daylite mail assistant for iphone/ipad has been needed for years. Also really wish I could copy and paste multiple fields from people or company records.

Response from Marketcircle

Thank you LeeAnne for your review of Daylite. We're happy to hear that you're enjoying Daylite even more on Cloud.

Thank you for your feedback, I will submit your request over to our Design and Development Team.

May your team continue to win more business and get more done!

David P.

• Customer Support Software

Life is so much better with a little "DAYLITE" in it...

Reviewed on 2020-02-13

As mentioned above we run virtually the entire business outside of financial accounting on Daylite.
We have been able to adapt Daylite to our operation and visa versa to create one software environment for the entire business. With Daylite we, Quote, Project Manage, Manage Contracts, Perform Plant Maintenance, Correspond, Email, Manage and Schedule Sales, Keep diary records, Keep and share company specific information among the workforce, manage employees, perform all of our safety management requirement, perfume quality assurance management requirements.

Pros

• Available on all devices, iPhones, iPads, MacBooks and iMacs
• Cloud access all over the world at any time.
• Very Broad and wide reaching functionality
• The ability to customise the software to suit our operation, we have been able to manage almost every aspect of our business, CRM, Safety, Quality, Quoting, Contracts, Maintenance, Correspondence, Email Integration.

Cons

There really is not much to mention here....

Response from Marketcircle

Hi David, thank you for this amazing review!

It's awesome you've been able to customize Daylite for exactly what you need! We know keeping everything in one place makes work life easier, so we're so glad we could help!

Alan T.

• Customer Support Software

Daylite is the perfect Apple Mac/iOS CRM and Project manager.

Reviewed on 2018-01-22

Pros

Daylite integrates so closely with the Apple ecosystem. It has allowed us to consolidate on all Apple technology and know that everyone has the best product for integration. One of the best parts for us is that it allows us to not only save and store as much information on our clients and transactions as we need, but it allows us to find, access, and get reports on that information. Many other CRM's that we tried previously were real estate industry specific, but they did not actually allow us to get the information in the ways that we wanted.

Cons

As we are in the real estate industry, there are many real estate specific products that were easier in the beginning to use. They were set up the way the majority of real estate agents/brokers work. Daylite took some extra time and effort to setup in the beginning, but we are now feeling like the extra time was worth it as we are able to customize it more to our systems. Just be prepared to put in the extra time up front.

Response from Marketcircle

Thank you Alan for your review of Daylite.

We're happy that you love the fact that Daylite integrates well with the Apple ecosystem.

May you continue to get more done with Daylite.

Robert G.
  • Industry: Music

• Customer Support Software

An excellent product but incredible service

Reviewed on 2020-01-29

It’s truly helped me take a unified approach to my tasks, projects, and communications

Pros

The customer support really treats this like a software that is integral to your business.

Cons

I think they could really benefit from exploring a Facebook integration to keep track of people I interact with on Facebook without a lengthy contact creation process for each person.

Jochen C.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Solid CRM on the Mac

Reviewed on 2019-01-09

we use Daylite to plan and execute our projects, capture time used per task/project. we also use it to plan customer acquisition and follow up in the deal pipeline.

Pros

What we like most is the integration in the Apple standard software. The Apple adressbook, mail, calendar etc can be used as before, but the team gets full awareness of activities and updates.
we also like the add-ons the German distributor added to enhance functionality even further.

Cons

some of the features are just not yet as easy to use as in standard Apple way. that's were you can see that its not a super big company ...

Response from Marketcircle

Hi Jochen,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback!

It's awesome to hear you're getting so much out of Daylite's Apple integration and add-ons. We're proud Daylite helps you collaborate with your team!

Our developers love hearing feedback and ideas from our customers, so we'd be happy to learn about any feature requests you may have for us. You're welcome to reach out any time at [email protected] and let us know!

Werner B.

• Customer Support Software

The most flexible CRM we found for our business!

Reviewed on 2017-12-15

Pros

The rational model behind the software gives us the flexibility we need to support our customers and report our doing. To link nearly everything to everything is amazing and to handle different sales pipelines is perfect for our recruiting business where we help different customers to find their sales partners national and international. The Offline version works great and the synchronization (we host by our own) is a perfect idea to work internationally.

Cons

They are looking very carefully on integrating new features so the speed of modification is not that fare as we should expect it, but most of the time it is stable what you get...
The iPad version (especially for iPad Pro) should be more function rich oriented on the desktop version (thats not the fact so fare).

Response from Marketcircle

Thank you Werner for your review. We're happy that Daylite gives your business the flexibility that you need.

• Customer Support Software

Daylite helps me run my business from anywhere, on my phone, mac and iPad.

Reviewed on 2018-02-13

Control of my business.

Pros

I love that I don't have to do "old yeller reports" for my team. I can simply see where they're all at, and keep a track on the numbers that mean the most. dials, meetings, proposals, and won deals. All the attachments, client history, calls, and information is kept for me, so I can transition staff easily or update myself on activity.

Cons

I do wish that it had email open tracking, templates for emails, and suggested activity sets. As someone who may not be the most sales-inclined, I'd love a little more industry-leading guidance on what the best activities sets for networking, following up after a meeting, and such are.

Response from Marketcircle

Thank you very much for your review and it's great to hear that you use Daylite to help you see where your team is at, and help you win more business! :)

Michal S.
  • Industry: Biotechnology

• Customer Support Software

Stable, Mac (and iOS devices) dedicated CRM software, you're not going to need more

Reviewed on 2017-09-08

Streamlining of customer relation management and project management. Saves a lot of work.

Pros

Easy implementation, rich functionality, integration with other Apple devices, iOS app for working on the road. Every functionality worked on first try with one exception, but then again the customer support was perfect

Cons

The user interface looks a bit outdated, yet it is easy to navigate. There is self-serve (i.e. company hosted, one time purchase) and cloud version (subscription). The company seems to promote the cloud version and the functionalityof the self-serve is limited in comparison with the cloud. Yet even the self-serve version functionality is more than sufficient for anyone.

Response from Marketcircle

Thank you Michal for your review.

Guido alfredo a. D.

• Customer Support Software

Daylite has taken out the complexity in my daily work.

Reviewed on 2018-02-23

Pros

It is very intuitive and with the plug-ins, it addresses almost everything I need to address in monitoring and carrying out the tasks. As the CEO, delegating and monitoring tasks, appointments, and projects have taken convenience to a new level.

Cons

The inability of the Daylite Mail Assistant to categorise mail threads into one set of permissions and categories and projects/opportunities makes the manual and single mail adding to Daylite cumbersome.

Response from Marketcircle

Thank you Guido for your review of Daylite.

We're super excited to hear that Daylite removes the complexity in your daily work as a CEO, and made it convenient!

I've submit your feature request to our Design and Development Team. Thank you for making Daylite better! :)

Jannie W.
  • Industry: Human Resources

• Customer Support Software

I love Daylite and they have great customer service!

Reviewed on 2017-08-29

I have gotten greater structure and organisation in both my private and business life. Not to mention a much greater peace of mind due to the great overview of what is on my plate and training information in order to be more effective.

Pros

Daylite is easy to understand and use. I love the design and functionality. It is quite a robust package! I especially like how you can work with the to do lists and the integration with MAC e-mail!

Cons

Unfortuntatly, Daylite is a bit pricey. Probably because you get more than a typical CRM. I would also like to have an external capability to schedule times in my calendar such as with Calendly but I am guessing they are working on a similar integration.

Response from Marketcircle

Thank you Jannie for your review.

Rocky R.
  • Industry: Law Practice

• Customer Support Software

Customer support is very responsive and personal. I recognize the same names from 5 years ago.

Reviewed on 2017-07-13

I use this for case management; it easily allows me to easily track all events for a given project.

Pros

I enjoy the way the software integrates with Mac Mail, which allows me to associate emails with particular projects. I also like how easy it is to look up contacts that are associated with a project. It's nice to have all of the contact information available at a glance.

Cons

I wish the email functions integrated better with their sister software Billings Pro. Email is the primary method of communicating today, and billing can be based in large part on this type of communication.

Response from Marketcircle

Thank you Rocky for your review. I have sent your feature request regarding Billings Pro to our Development and Design Team.

Scott A.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Excellent package !

Reviewed on 2017-11-03

efficiency and better control of workflow through my office

Pros

integrates well into osx, great flexibility to streamline my workflows, great interface and ease of use, fantastic ability to set up office systems for client files, administrative tasks, accounting and invoicing etc, making my office work super efficient. allows me to maintain my own precedent letters and documents - much better alternative than some dedicated legal software packages.

Cons

not much to dislike about this software really ! a few small bugs here and there but customer support has been fastastic.

Response from Marketcircle

Thanks Scott for your review, and we're happy to know that Daylite helps you get more done.

Morten S.

I loves Daylite

Reviewed on 2019-01-17

Doing my daily GTD.
That's about it.

Pros

That it's Mac only.
PC users are shit outta luck, because this rocks.
Integration with apple mail is awesome.
I've been using it since the dawn of time, and I guess I always will.
And that it works for teams.

Cons

Nothing, really. But if I HAVE to say something, it would be that it's a bit pricey.
But you know. Great tools cost money. So if you're a cheapskate, get outta here.

Response from Marketcircle

Hi Morten,

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review and for making us laugh!

We're so proud that you're getting a lot of value out of Daylite and how well it works for teams. It's great to hear you're Getting Things Done and that Daylite is part of that!

Torsten G.
  • Industry: Government Relations

Daylite - My virtual Backoffice and GTD Tool

Reviewed on 2020-02-01

Daylite is my #1 choice under all CRM+ Tools I've tested so far and it's worth and one main reason to stay on a Mac!

Pros

Daylite has a very easy to use Interface on all Plattforms (Macs and Mobiles), thefore it is simply available at all time I need the features and informations I've stored in it earlier.

Cons

Daylite does not give me enough support to sort or group information in variuous screens and it doest not always store information in an ordered manner.

• Customer Support Software

It has been a great system to keep track of many opportunities between multiple people.

Reviewed on 2018-03-07

Pros

I like that you can chose what email gets linked to what. It does not chose for you. It has also been helpful to look back on history of contacts for deals that happen every year.

Cons

I wish automation was a bit easier to do. It seems difficult to get things to happen automatically but we continue to learn new things about the pipeline and tasks.

Response from Marketcircle

Thank you for your review!

We're happy to hear that Daylite helps you keep track of your opportunities, and linking your emails so you can look back on the deals you've made that year.

May you continue to win more business, and get more done with Daylite. :)

Julie A.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Daylite Implementation

Reviewed on 2020-01-30

Pros

Daylite software has very intuitive and easy links to files, notes, and emails.

Cons

I found the opportunities and post sales steps hard to maintain and track.