Org Chart Software

The Future of Org Charts

4.6 /5 (579 reviews) Write a Review!
4.4
4.7
Claire O.
Industry: E-Learning

Great app/easy to use

Reviewed on 2018-10-30

It's just easy to get to and it's all in one place

Pros

I like that you can update your status and your team can see where you are. I like that you can see everyone's info like their title, where they are located. Makes it easy for Recruiting to use this app.

Cons

I wish you could find our own status easily to either update or cancel, you have to go search for it.

Favorite Org Chart Software

Reviewed on 2018-10-30

Pros

I love that it's such an intuitive product. As new hire start, you assign their manager and they get added to the system. I also LOVE the reporting tool. We use it often when we need an accurate headcount of active employees and their emails. It's so quick, and so easy to use.

The UX/UI is also beautiful. Pingboard is the standard that we hold all org charts to.

I also LOVE the weekly emails. Our employees really reference them, especially for new hires, knowing birthdays and anniversaries.

The Out of Office integration is so great. It feeds over automatically to our Google Calendars.

Cons

I wish that you had a help line that we can call. We have to submit a inquiry whenever we have questions. Response time is still great. We typically get a response within 24 hours, but would love for a line to call directly.

There aren't different levels of admin privileges. For example: if our IT team were admins. they can log in and see all the information, so we have to limit them, and only keep the admin rights with our HR team.

Also the "Remote" feature of the OOO calendars was really confusing for our recruiting team, as they're heavily reliant on our G-Cal, and the remote feature does not show up when the person's calendar is set to private. This has caused our team to schedule several interviews for directors and employees who are working from home.

Industry: Information Technology & Services

Knowing your company

Reviewed on 2018-11-15

It is very helpful especially to someone like me who needs to always coordinate with different teams everyday, but someone who do not socialize much. I can just go to their profile and pretend like I know them whenever they need help from me or whenever I need them to help me with something.

Pros

Easy access to profile of each employees. I work with different departments and teams, but I'm not good in memorizing names and faces. Whenever I need to coordinate with someone from a different team or office, I check their Pingboard profile first. I try to improve in getting to know my colleagues by playing the Pingboard game in the Android app.

Cons

The changing your status when you are out of the office. I always forget where to find it.

Pingboard Review

Reviewed on 2018-10-30

Overall a great experience. I do feel like there are more features that I'm not taking advantage of, so perhaps there is an opportunity for end-user education or middle-management education to get more use of the tool.

Pros

It is helpful to find who folks's roll into (who is their manager, director, vp, etc.). We also use the Out of Office to tie into a Google Calendar so everyone across the team is updated on when folks are out. The shared skills are also useful, for identifying who speaks foreign languages. I like the weekly emails. I typically take birthdays and anniversaries for my team and plug them into my calendar each week so I can remember to get that person a card, etc.

Cons

The Teams don't seem to always line up. I realize that is ridiculous, given it is something my company manages. However, it makes me believe that there is something inherently tricky about this from an admin perspective.

I wish that I could see items such as T-Shirt size for just my team, as a Manager. I don't think I have this ability, but this could also be an admin setting?

Industry: Real Estate

Great Product

Reviewed on 2018-11-30

It really helped us track vacation/sick time. We used an antiquated spreadsheet approach which wasn't easy to get how much time someone took at the end of the year. It also has brought a level of visibility to where people are now that we're more mobile and remote than ever.

Pros

I love the out of office feature. Its the biggest reason I implemented Pingboard when I joined my current company. The org chart feature and integration with GSuite has come in handy and made onboarding super easy.

Cons

The reporting could use some work. There is a lack of being able to filter things like Out of Office statuses to just the team you are a member of, especially through the Slack integration.

There used to be a feature too where you could post In and Out status on a big board which my leadership team was looking for. I'd like to see that sort of In/Out board feature that could be posted on monitors or public spaces for everyone to easily know.

Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Useful Software for Mid/Large Business | Organizational Chart Software

Reviewed on 2018-10-30

Pros

Pingboard has a very useful interface- you can search by department, role, tenure, whatever specifically you are looking for, and it brings up the information with ease. Also, the ability to see an organizational chart as a "web" is a very cool feature. I enjoy using it because it shows all of the contact info for an organization, but also shows if they are away, on vacation, and if not there, who to contact instead.

Cons

Its not really a con about the software- if someone leaves for vacation, and they do not put it on ping board, it wont show that they are "gone". If ping board could be made to sync with google calendars, that would be very useful

Stacy O.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Excellent Program!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018-11-27

It's been fantastic - great way to organize. I like being able to run reports as well when I need a complete list of employee names, start dates and if they are full time or part time (I use the Skills section for this)

Pros

We have a large employee base. I love how it interfaces with Gmail. Everytime I register a new employee with an email address, it sync's to Pingboard. It is an excellent way to see what department people belong to, and to put a face to the name. It's great that I can also assign them to 2 different departments if I need to. The staff loves getting the weekly emails showing who has a birthday and anniversary.

Cons

In Employee Profile, I wish some of the sections I've added such as "HIPAA Training" ect, could only be edited by an admin member, but still visible to the employee so they know when they need to do their annual training.

Victor S.
Industry: Financial Services

Awesome visibility!

Reviewed on 2018-11-07

Pros

The connexion between the Areas inside the company that are more visible on daily basis. The e-mail with the Subject: This Week at "Company Name" also is very important and useful for us.

Cons

The Organogram would be more flexible in order to extract or copy for other platforms, as a simple PPT.

Maribelle N.
Industry: Computer Software

No fuss, and even everyone outside of HR uses it

Reviewed on 2018-11-14

All employees can easily see org chart without having to ask HR team for assistance. Even in larger companies that I’ve worked for in the past, org charts were often manually produced by the HR team on either power point or other software and the results were often “clunky” at best.

Pros

It’s easily accessible to employees outside of the HR .org, which means they’re more likely to use it than other software programs that the HR team introduced to employees.

Cons

If your org is mid sized or larger, the org chart itself starts to become harder to see.

Would be nice if it partnered with our HRIS and automatically updated any changes.

Sharice O.
Industry: Security & Investigations
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Easy and Effective

Reviewed on 2019-12-05

Working in HR having that reminder of reminder when someone's birthday, work anniversary is a major plus with this software.

Pros

The pros to this software are a reminder when someone's birthday, work anniversary and you have the ability to see your company's Org chart.

Cons

The system runs low at times. Other than that its a great software for companies small and large.

Teri E.

Easy to find Information

Reviewed on 2018-12-04

The purpose is clear and it's great. But it doesn't function intuitively. I always find myself clicking it the wrong way or zooming in the opposite direction I need to.

Pros

I like how easily I can find people or set my OOO statuses.

Cons

I wish it was easier to pull up time off for people--such as not manually adding time frames, or it tallies the time off for you so I don't have to physically count up each day/hour.

Industry: Construction

I love Pingboard!

Reviewed on 2018-11-30

We hadn't found a good solution until Pingbooard. Haven't seen a better one since.

Pros

We first came to Pingboard looking for a great visual org chart (which we found) but also LOVE the out-of-office feature. Our whole team uses it, and with the Google cal integration and our use of Slack-bots, it really helps everyone know what's going on. Also love the "Teams" feature for cross-functional groups.

Cons

Just a couple little things, not being able to set recurring out-of-office statuses. Generally speaking there's not much we don't like.

Industry: Real Estate
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Business wouldn't be the same without it!

Reviewed on 2019-03-27

It has make work so much easier!

Pros

This is one of the main websites we use at my company and I love it! We have over 600 hundred employees so it is extremely easy just to look up a person's name and be able to find all their information and share with whoever needs it. I love it!

Cons

I have no dislike at the moment of the software.

Christie G.
Industry: Internet
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Gamechanger for a growing organization

Reviewed on 2018-11-14

Its been a great tool for our org!

Pros

Allowed us to scale our org chart process out of powerpoint and into something dynamic and easy to use

Cons

I'd like to be able to customize weekly emails to employees and what information you can see in what views- like instead of seeing the start date of employees on the 'teams' view i'd like to be able to see location.

Kim F.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Pingboard

Reviewed on 2018-11-06

Love the ability to have contact info available onmobile devices. Shareable org chart is good.

Pros

Easy interface on mobile devices and org chart.

Cons

Unable to do a blast “ping” must use email

Kyle P.
Industry: Accounting

Great product

Reviewed on 2018-12-04

Pros

It is very easy to quickly see who is in/out of office, vacation, remote etc

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything that I would want changed about this software

Catherine F.

Keeps me up to date

Reviewed on 2018-10-30

Overall it's useful, easy to use, and I think it's a great tool for small to medium sized businesses.

Pros

I like Pingboard because it helps me know when coworkers are out of the office (assuming they actually use that feature), and when there's a new employee I can hop on and check them out. We are also big on celebrating birthdays in my office so I like that I can go on and see everyones birthday.

Cons

Sometimes I get confused when going to put in a new status but that's all really. Overall it's easy to navigate

Excellent Org Chart SW

Reviewed on 2018-11-20

Pros

Visually seeing all the employees in the directory and organization is helpful. Like for the most part the layout and ease of use.

Cons

The initial splash screen shows 5-6 employee pictures in alphabetical order. Would prefer it show org chart or random employees (this could be how we've implemented it).

Industry: Computer Networking

Pingboard review

Reviewed on 2018-12-04

Pros

* easy navigation
* important info about birthdays,etc. on the first page
* while using it for 2 years,didn't notice any functional or GUI bugs

Cons

overall satisfied.I do not like that i have to always look for it in google first to access.Maybe would be better if it has its own extension.

Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Lifesaver

Reviewed on 2018-10-24

Pros

So easy to use and beautifully displays our org chart and hierarchy. Our employees rely on Pingboard heavily to see reporting structures and easily collect colleague's contact info.

Cons

It is sometimes not the most intuitive when it comes to editing employees and their job/team/depts

Jessica T.

pingboard review

Reviewed on 2018-11-14

Pros

Easy to add new people to new managers
Like the new updated features

Cons

not intuitive to find floating employees

Ruken W.
Industry: Furniture

Pingboard review

Reviewed on 2018-11-27

Pros

The softward has a Clean interface and ease to navigation.

Cons

Zoom in and Zoom out is not user friendly

Tamara A.

Useful for vacation days

Reviewed on 2018-12-03

Pros

We use this software almost exclusively for marking vacation and remote days. It is very easy to use and integrates well with Slack.

Cons

It's better than long email chains (or not knowing who is out) but I would not pay that much for this service.

Industry: Law Practice

I Love This Interactive TO!

Reviewed on 2019-07-23

I've enjoyed this product greatly, and far superior to sticky notes and commandeering a wall-length white board. If you have a shop where teams reorganize often, or you have high turnover or lots of new faces, this tool works great. It's an exceptionally clear way for folks to identify who should be taking lead on specific initiative and where opportunities should be routed to. Perfect for getting interns, consultants, and new hires up to speed on how things are run and who are key personnel.

Pros

I love the clear, concise way to communicate your company's table of organization. It's helpful when drafting AAPs and is a great tool when consulting for other firms. Folks are often surprised when they are shown how their operations are organized and it's very helpful to have a visual display of the whole team.

Cons

My one criticism for this tool is that a person's display (usually the picture) is accompanied by a number meant to display the reports below them. But it only shows direct reports, and not ALL reports below them. So if a department director has 10 project managers below them, but a department of say 100, the director will display as having only 10 direct reports.

Industry: Farming

Reviewed on 2018-11-14

Pros

Pingboard has helped me so much in my day to day job as a Talent Coordinator. I'm always including titles as panels are always changing.

Cons

The worst part I think is how the overall org chart focuses in and out. That can be difficult to navigate.