Salsify

Product Experience Management (PXM) Software

4.5 /5 (30 reviews) Write a Review!

Crystal S.

• Customer Support Software

Salsify is a great tool to have for your ad writing needs!

Reviewed on 2016-08-16

Love the functionality. Salsify helps my company to write ads and save time which is what my department is all about!

Pros

Easy to use. Rarely experiences technical issues. Great contacts when you need help!

Cons

There are definitely some things that could be better/more like the criminality of other websites.

Jake C.

Excellent Organizational Tool

Reviewed on 2019-12-05

Salsify has been a great addition in our workflow, and we'd recommend it.

Pros

-Digital Catalogs are an excellent tool, very efficient for using w/ multiple clients

-Image manipulation on demand is awesome

-All images & data loaded into one place is great for us

-Excellent UI

-Support is timely and useful

Cons

Just a bit of a learning curve for some people. I think if our team wasn't so tech-savvy we would have run into more issues. Once you get used to it though, it's all good.

Price might be high if you aren't fully utilizing the services. Make sure it's worth it for your business before you take the plunge. For us, it's worth it, but we make the most out of what we pay for.

Sally V.

Competitive Advantage

Reviewed on 2017-07-19

Improved efficiency of a centralized location for all item related information and customer facing documents. Relieved our customers from the task of gathering information and entering into their system.

Pros

Salsify has been a wonderfully flexible PIM to support item images, data, and supporting material. It has allowed us to populate multiple different systems efficiently as well as create tailored customer specific views.

Cons

It would be helpful to have more options for data export with use in other systems such as XML. Currently .csv, Excel and JSon.

Kaitlin T.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

great for companies with many SKUs

Reviewed on 2019-04-25

Pros

this is great for categorizing/classifying many products to allow easy access to information. easy search feature, great for adding images and excess information in on location.

Cons

exporting information in a clear and aesthetically pleasing way to create marketing documents is not always great. formatting is often not correct if you have too much text. We use salsify to hold all our product information and want it to be easily accessible for sales teams to grab documents without having to make updates, but that has not always worked out for us.

Crystal S.
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

• Customer Support Software

Salsify is an overall easy-to-use program that helps me to move through workflow quickly.

Reviewed on 2017-06-28

Ease of use when trying to work with my inventory quickly.

Pros

I like how it organizes my inventory and makes it highly searchable, and therefore much more easily accessed as I need it.

Cons

Occasionally slow moving and some lists make it difficult to move from one product to the next with ease.

Mike B.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

• Customer Support Software

Salsify is a well-built, modern platform that has changed the way we bring product info to...

Reviewed on 2017-11-16

Pros

The product is very easy to use. It's very easy to customize. It helped our organization centralize all of our product information and then take all of that information seamlessly to market

Cons

The product has a ton of untapped potential. Although the support is fantastic (the best of any our organization has worked with to date) there is still some functionality that holds us back from manipulating certain features ourselves, to which we need to contact support to help us out with. The good news is, Salsify is always making updates to their cloud-based software and these issues should be gone relatively soon!

Marisa L.

One Source of the Truth

Reviewed on 2016-08-24

We were having a horrible time trying to keep up with content demand from dozens of retailers all with different systems. Salsify is helping us to unify the process and get new items loaded in half the time.

Pros

Easy mapping capability.

Cons

Pricey compared to other solutions.

Teri R.

• Customer Support Software

All assets in one place!

Reviewed on 2016-08-16

The software allows for all data surrounding our products, to be located in one place. It's taken awhile for us to get up and running, though I'm not sure if that is the norm or due to the our input data..

Pros

All assets (images, copy, dimensions) maintained in one place.
Ability to data sync from the software

Cons

No hands on training
Length of time to production

Response from Salsify

Hi Teri-

Thank you for the feedback. We've been working with Kowanda on your team for an onsite visit to provide more training resources.

Looking forward to meeting you in person!

Best,

Kate Roda

Maricela G.

Very Easy to Use!

Reviewed on 2018-04-11

Pros

I love how easy it is to work with, I can mass upload which saves a lot of time! I love the ready and Incomplete check, it tells you exactly what's missing.

Cons

The only con I see is, once the retailer accepts the changes/edits, the information within Salsify is not updated.

• Industry: Food & Beverages

Thankful for Salsify's easy UI for me, as I'm not that tech-savvy

Reviewed on 2019-01-05

Pros

I love how easy Salsify was to use. It made many business processes that could normally be a little difficult much easier and seamless.

Cons

The price seemed a little high for what I was getting out of it. Not a huge complaint, though.

Tana C.

Great idea

Reviewed on 2020-10-20

Overall I think this is a great tool and helps clean up processes.

Pros

In the eCommerce space, there is a lot of duplication of copy imagery across all platforms.
Salsify makes updating really easy.

Cons

Setting it up is really difficult and takes a lot of time. I do believe it is worth it in the end though.

Luke H.
  • Industry: Farming

Quality Product That Needs Some Usability Tweaks

Reviewed on 2016-08-16

I love using Salsify compared to so many of the other products that I've had to use for content management. It makes a lot of promises that it delivers on and has a lot of features that you don't normally get on a single site.

Pros

It's incredibly visual, simple to learn and quick to work with.

Cons

Some features aren't user friendly to people from outside of the content management field. Sometimes there are bugs when moving between products or trying to get simpler lists of updates that are needed.

Matthew E.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

• Customer Support Software

Best Management System Ever!

Reviewed on 2016-09-08

I have been using Salsify since May 2015 for a major client of ours. This tool has been so transformational for the business for their content & digital asset management. I have found that Salsify excels in the area of syndication to retailers and this is how we really leverage the tool.

Pros

The usability of the software and the UI.

Cons

Writing formulas for the Channels and Readiness Reports & Templates

Ann P.

Salsify Gives Ease in Product Development for Ad Writers

Reviewed on 2016-09-10

In my experience with Salsify, I have learned A LOT about writing about products for a company and to be completely honest, I don't think I can imagine my time at my job without it. It saves me time, tedious tasks, and a lot of paper! The recent updates, especially on Salsify's user interface, have totally brought about a new appreciation for its services (YAY FOR NEXT/BACK NAV).

Pros

Archiving and the ability to make it easier to create ads at a fast pace

Cons

Sometimes there are glitches when typing into generated fields, though this may not be entirely the software to glame. I do believe more upgrades could be made to the ease of use of the site as well as a proper app :)

Tim L.

• Customer Support Software

Changing the way we go to market

Reviewed on 2016-08-16

Salsify has changed the way that our internal employees not only gather information but share it with our customers. It has alleviated a lot of time consuming manual processes in order for us to focus on driving accounts forward.

Pros

Ease of use. Salsify's portal is setup to be easily navigated around as well as syndicate with our retailers.

Cons

Missing analytics behind what retailers have all of the available content on their websites.

Response from Salsify

Hi Tim-

Please be on the lookout for an email later today from our Director of Product Management to see if there's a good fit for a beta program.

Happy Commerce!

The Salsify Team

Kowanda L.

Great quality and support

Reviewed on 2016-08-16

In using Salsify I have been extremely impressed with the quality and support that we have received. They continue to add more features and functions to the site all the time. Due to the large amount of data that we are dealing with it is great to be able to bring it all together, however my wish (if possible) would be to find a more streamlined process to bring it all together and to get onboarded more quickly, easily and efficiently.

Pros

I like the fact that we can load all the information and photos into one place. Salsify works well and suppport is available.

Cons

I would like more "hands on training" to learn how to get our products onboarded more quickly and efficiently so we can actually utilize the site as it should be. We experience a lot of training which was the trainer doing the process and us trying to follow along; as we all know most of us learn by doing and I think a lot has been lost due to this.

Response from Salsify

Hi Kowanda-

Thanks for the feedback. We're looking forward to the onsite training we've been planning over these last few weeks. Dedicating time like this will allow our customer champions to dive deep on your product content goals and help your team be successful with Salsify.  As always, you can access our newly updated knowledgebase at https://help.salsify.com/help. During business hours you can contact our support line at 1-844-SALSIFY.

I¿ve also sent you an email directly with the above info.  Looking forward to meeting you in person!

Best,

Kate Roda

Sanjay P.

Reviewed on 2018-04-19

David H.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Smooth inplementation

Reviewed on 2016-08-16

Great transition team. Took time to understand our needs. Tutorial sessions were well received by team members

Pros

Intuitive, flexible and feature rich

Cons

None

Christian F.

Reviewed on 2019-03-28

Dan R.

Great Product - Great Service

Reviewed on 2016-08-16

We use this to manage ~200 SKUs. Great product for sharing information with vendors, creating quotes, so forth.

Pros

Catalogs, Channles

Cons

No permalinks to use for revisions on spec sheets for our website.

Maricela G.
  • Industry: Wholesale

User Friendly

Reviewed on 2019-03-27

Pros

I use Salsify to upload/update/maintain our Ebags set up. The best feature in my opinion is the Analyze Readiness option, from here I can pin point any missing data and make updates.

Cons

Don't have any cons, Salsify works like a charm for us!

Jason T.

Globe Electric X Salsify

Reviewed on 2016-08-16

Still setting up final channels but great system thus far. Amazon quite easy, having more difficulty with HomeDepot but its a work in progress and we are moving in the right direction.

Adam M.

• Customer Support Software

Very useful tool for maintaining product details

Reviewed on 2016-08-16

Salsify has a bit of a learning curve, but overall provides a good service. I have been using it a little more than a year and have been pretty happy as a user. Additional services are being added to the package, but not all are included as an all-inclusive base price, which is contrary the impression given when we signed up. Customer service has been good, with the Salsify team adding features based on our feedback.

Pros

The ability to resize/rename images on the fly has been a useful tool, as we previously maintained a folder for each customer's images that were specifically sized and named for them. Now, we just set up some rules for each customer's naming conventions, and the files are named as we go.

Customer service will take care of the things that are not very self-service friendly.

Digital catalogs provide a quick and easy way to share new products with select groups of people.

Once you get the hang of it, importing and exporting a lot of information is very quick and easy. Data is easily accessible.

Cons

Number of users is very limiting, and adding seats very expensive.

Salsify significantly underestimates the amount of storage needed for images and other digital assets and wants to limit the number attached to products. When we signed up, we asked if there was a limit on digital assets and were told there was no "practical limit," and they would let us know if we had too many. At contract renewal, they wanted to significantly reduce the available number.

Cost. Salsify is expensive.

Not responsive design for phones. Although I would never recommend the phone as your primary access point for Salsify, it is nice to be able to quickly look products up in a pinch. With the available screen real estate on the iPhone 6+, I expect to be able to do that, but the menus don't work and everything is squished. Difficult to squeeze it in, and not successfully executed yet.

Overall, searching for items within the search box is slow. If you type a part number quickly, the site lags, and cannot find the item. I usually edit the URL in the address bar to go directly to the page I'm looking for.

Response from Salsify

Hi Adam-

Thank you for the feedback. You'll be happy to hear that we have actively been investing an enhanced search experience and it's expected to land in the next month or so. I have shared your feedback regarding the mobile experience with the product team and I'm happy to report there are plans to improve this in the future as well. If you're open to it, I'd like to connect you directly with our product team. My hope is that we'll be able to share our vision for new features and come to a better understanding of how you're using Salsify.

My name is Ashley Krahn and I lead the team that helps our customers drive value through Salsify. Please feel free to contact me directly at [email protected], 617-206-6730.

Best Regards,

Ashley

Garrett B.

100% The Best PIM / DAM you will ever need

Reviewed on 2016-08-24

I've used Salsify for over 3 years and can truly say that it is the best PIM / DAM I've seen and used.

Pros

The software is agile and easy to use. It's extremely easy to connect API's to nearly any format or system. It is also very easy to build exports into retailer templates or any other type of template necessary. Any time I have a request for an update or change to the platform or need help, I receive help very quickly and implementations are put on their roadmap.

Cons

No true cons to the system per se, however it would be nice if they had a suggested set of fields to fill.

Sebo D.

• Customer Support Software

Incredible power for a multi-channel world.

Reviewed on 2017-12-12

Effectively manage large product content portfolio with lower resources.

Pros

There are a number of contenders for Salsify's greatest pro. Among them would be the ability to create channels which massively simplifies the process of syndicating content to different websites and internal systems. In addition the ability to create very granular properties to allow an agile content management system with excellent faceted search to ensure clean high levels of data cleanliness. These form the backbone of an indispensable product management system. However, the fairly recent addition of the computed fields has allowed a more central management of the content rules for various channels.