inMotion ignite

Creative project management & proofing for improved workflow

4.2 /5 (74 reviews) Write a Review!

Amy B.

• Customer Support Software

inMotion ignite is a great choice for any creative team

Reviewed on 2020-10-28

Before we started inMotion, our our creative assets were kept on a shared drive that many people had access to. We also used Basecamp as a means of project management. Both of those options led to people poking around and downloading whatever they wanted without us knowing about it. This would lead to people using imagery that wasn't editted or approved. Now with inMotion, they have to request what they want and let us know what they are using it for. This way, we can get them the correct asset for their needs.

Pros

My favorite feature are the route templates. You can customize as many as you need. We use them for all sorts of approvals. You can send off a review to multiple people in multiple approvals tiers with just one click. The proofing environment is excellent - Everyone's comments live in one place. You can bring anyone with an inMotion account into the conversation. We've found it is way better than emailing feedback and versions. The proofing environment allows you to view versions and comments side-by-side so you can make sure all the changes were made.

Cons

It would be nice to have a way to bulk-assign members to tasks. For example if there is a project with 40 tasks in it, you have to click on the member 40 separate times to assign it to them. Same with due dates - if you do not use "start dates" you cannot bulk-assign due dates.

Response from inMotionNow

We're thrilled over how valuable route templates and proofing have become to your team! Thanks for sharing how big of an impact they've made to your team's workflow. We appreciate your suggestions on bulk actions and will keep working towards feature improvements!

Michelle B.
  • Industry: Plastics

• Customer Support Software

If you don't have it, you need it.

Reviewed on 2020-08-31

Fabulous! It took us a good bit to implement the system and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was super patient and helpful. He helped me migrate users and projects from inMotion classic.Our IT department insisted on single sign on (SSO) close to our go live date and the support group helped us get SSO implemented. We had a very specific, very long form to submit a campaign or a project request. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the support team did an excellent job of implementing these forms with very minimal changes needed. I really couldn't have asked for a better user integration experience.

Pros

I am responsible for managing the projects in our department and making sure deadlines are met. Ignite makes it so easy to see all the details for each project or campaign. Here are some specific things I love.
• Review each request and get more info if necessary before the design team sees it.
• Upload new versions of file assets without having to delete the old one.
• EVERYTHING in one place. No more tracking down an email for a piece of project information. Our team is missing fewer and fewer deadlines now that our projects are organized.
• Proof is EASY and the team can see if/when a reviewer views a proof. Tiers make it super easy for your proof to automatically flow through a large group of reviewers.
• I can create a HUGE campaign with lots of pieces and deadlines and still keep it very organized with groups, projects and tasks.
• Stakeholders have found it very easy to use to request and review projects.

Cons

Sometimes the system lags, so when I change something it takes bit to refresh. Cost is the only other thing I can think of.

Response from inMotionNow

We love hearing how well ignite is working for your team's projects! Organizing everything in one place is so critical to successful collaboration - we're glad your team is really feeling that benefit. We'll definitely continue improving our system's speed and sync time to prevent those pesky lags. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience!

Daniel S.
  • Industry: Wholesale
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

A step up from regular inmotion

Reviewed on 2019-10-17

I've been having a positive experience with inMotion ignite. It has worked well for our team that grew a lot this past year.

Pros

I like that you can set up tiers for your reviews. It doesn't go to the next tier until everyone under the first one has approved your work. Very easy to turn a project into a proof and I like that it's one page. to get to your proof on regular Inmotion you would have to go through like 7 different pages.

Cons

The old inmotion listed projects and segregated them with alternating colors behind them so it was easy to distinguish between your differrent projects, also had thumbnail images of the projects so it was easy to locate. ignite just has a giant list and when your comapny uses ID numbers you just get a list of 12 digit numbers and it's very chaotic.

Too many emails, which can be switched off, but the default shouldn't be to send me an email for everything.

Lindsay N.

• Customer Support Software

Great product for project managing design work

Reviewed on 2019-10-14

We are able to more efficiently gather project requests, track projects, proof files, and see each others' work.

Pros

We haven't ever had a decent project management system, especially one designed for designers. IMN has allowed us to coordinate projects and reviews and increase efficiencies amazingly. The review system -- being able to keep everything in a single location and out of emails -- is probably my favorite feature. And i love that in a meeting with one of my staff, I can simply pull up the projects they're working on, their progress, and see any snags.

Cons

There are a few features that we've requested at a pretty detailed level. An app was just released to review proofs, but not to use the other features - mobile access will make this so much better. The software runs rather slowly for a cloud-based one, takes forever for each page to load. Sometimes the detail is cumbersome -- did we leave comments at the campaign, project, task, or proof level for this part?.

Robin M.
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Ignite Your Creativity

Reviewed on 2021-02-26

Myself as well as my entire team uses inMotion/Ignite to manage their work, their projects, and submit proofs for review. We're able to add/customize proofing routes to include any essential or optional reviewers and add clients by using their email addresses. Ignite has been a great asset to our company and team.

Pros

What I like most about inMotion/Ignite is having the ability to post art proofs to anyone and gather their reviews, comments, approvals online from anywhere. This is critical especially now during a pandemic to be able to continue working and proofing in real-time. We use Ignite to assign and track projects and to generate reports of how we're all doing as well as the # of projects to-do and completed.

Cons

The only thing I don't like about Ignite (and I've heard this complaint from a number of sales reps) is not being able to review a proof using a cell phone. An error message pops up asking the user to open Ignite to proof a file from a laptop or desktop. This is not always possible. Our sales team could be at home or somewhere without access to a computer which makes this difficult. I've sat in a doctor's office before and needed to proof a project quickly but wasn't able to. We're hoping this will be a feature in the near future for Ignite.

Zach F.
  • Industry: Biotechnology

• Customer Support Software

A complete and comprehensive solution for our department and company

Reviewed on 2020-10-21

My overall experience with inMotion has been fantastic. It is a great program with a great team developing it and a great team of people managing the success of their customers.

Pros

One of the many great things about inMotion is how comprehensive of a solution it is. When I looked at products to manage requests, manage work and approve marketing work not just within my own team but have approvals from other departments inMotion was the only solution that did it all in a way that made it easy for everyone involved in a project. The ease of use makes anyone jumping in able to find their way around the program easily. They are constantly improving it and seeking user suggestions and feedback which contributes to how they continue to get it right and continue to improve the program.

Cons

I can't provide any criticism or even constructive criticism of the program. I speak to members of the product development team occasionally and I know that many of the features I would to be in the program are being developed so it's only a matter of time before they have included all the features I would like to see added.

Response from inMotionNow

Wow! We love hearing how compatible inMotion has been with your team's workflow. We're excited about upcoming features and can't wait to share them. Thanks for your kind review!

Krista R.

Thoughts From a Fast Paced Non Profit

Reviewed on 2021-03-26

The tool does what it is suppose to and we are happy with the results. The highlight for me however has been the truly amazing customer service. We have worked with two relationship managers during our time with InMotion, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], and they have both gone above and beyond. Their knowledge and eagerness to support had truly made the experience with InMotion and enjoyable one.

Pros

We love how this software has streamlined our process. We had previously used word/excel/email to track our creative team intake. In Motion has allowed us to have an automated high-level overview of departmental tasks which we had to a degree before but was a very manual process. It has also allowed us to put some 'guard rails' up around our request parameters which saves our marketing managers time and the entire team headache!

Cons

The learning curve when first onboarding is quite steep. The most consistent piece of feedback I receive during training is some elements are not intuitive, connecting team members and reviewers to specific pieces of the jobs for example.

Karla S.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

• Customer Support Software

Great platform for our team

Reviewed on 2020-07-20

We have grown tremendously as a team with the help and support of inMotion ignite. It allows us to continue our work with the highest quality due to the number of tools and features the platform offers.

Pros

I use this product daily as I'm one of the administrators who assigns projects to our team. I love how robust it is. It enables us to keep our projects organized and improve the work flow between developers and requestors. Some of the features I like the most are the multiple views and the proofs/reviews dashboard.

Cons

The only thing I don't like is that tasks and projects cannot be viewed under a single page. Also, it would be great if the search had more advance features to be able to find projects more easily.

Markell L.

• Customer Support Software

InMotion keeps us on-task and provides a centralized location for all job needs

Reviewed on 2017-01-13

InMotion provides excellent support for its software and makes it painless to set-up, train users, launch, and keep using. In only one year of use, it's been critical in managing our work flow, increasing the accuracy of our quotes, and ensuring that our team profitable.

Pros

It's easy to use from the start and continues to become more relevant as you set up templates and continue to refine your processes.

Cons

It lacks the ability to track financials in a way that's meaningful.

Leo T.
  • Industry: Insurance Software
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Useful Project Management Tool

Reviewed on 2019-10-08

Pros

The best part of using Ignite is the ability to create custom views. This is super helpful for a project manager to filter and sort high level project status information.

Cons

Not being able to easily print project briefs and custom views.

Response from inMotionNow

Awesome! Custom views are extremely versatile - so great to hear how they've been helpful in your role. Also, an exciting product update - you can now easily export your project briefs (requests) now to make printing simple!

• Industry: Events Services

Task Management at it's finest

Reviewed on 2018-12-20

Pros

As a production manager I work with a handful of designers, developers, and editors. InMotion has a simple, easy-to-use interface that allows me to identify which team member from which division should recieve my job request, allows easy attachement of files, and confirmation of reciept. Also it tells me the status of the project which is great!

Cons

What I dislike is sometimes the software would stop functioning randomly and there was no easy way to contact customer support. Maybe it's a bug but at times requests forms would be filled out and could not submit properly even after reloading the software.

Heather V.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

InMotion Ignite review

Reviewed on 2019-10-14

Pros

We produce hundreds of ads in a short period of time, and this software has helped tremendously to organize our workflow.

Cons

I miss the precise timer feature of the previous InMotion—we track the time that our creative staff spends on tasks to estimate our workload and staffing needs, and now everyone is "best guessing" their time spent.

• Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Not very good

Reviewed on 2017-03-30

Pros

Nice concept for routing documents for review and redlining. The basic idea seems solid but the tools need to be better.

Cons

Markup tools are weak. It's like using a big thick black marker and you can't insert it into fine spaces where you want the text insertion to go.

It was buggy, it wouldn't allow me to do anything at all until I adjusted the zoom level to an even percentage.

Not really better than other redline markup tools that I have used.

Huge time saver!

Reviewed on 2018-12-04

Pros

Saved marketing a ton of time by allowing collaboration

Cons

Everyone must be on-board with using the project for it to work effectively

Ronald B.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 2017-04-27

Mark T.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

A Great Creative Partner

Reviewed on 2020-09-23

Our overall experience has been outstanding. Their customer service has been top notch. They are very attentive to their client’s needs and are quick to respond to questions and concerns. They listen to feedback and have done an excellent job addressing user needs. Many of the features and updates we’ve requested have made their way to through development to platform or are currently in the works. They've truly been a great partner through and through.

Pros

I love the flexibility and customization features this platform offers. There are many different ways to build, structure and manage your projects. It caters to many work styles and processes.

Cons

The only downside is the need to submit a service ticket when adding or changing request forms. Having more autonomy over this feature has been requested. I also know they're working on a form builder feature for end users, so this will likely be a moot point very soon.

Response from inMotionNow

Feedback like yours is exactly what we strive for! We're so happy that inMotion ignite's customization is giving your team the flexibility you need. And we are so excited to have officially launched our form builder and cannot wait to see how it improves your experience!

• Industry: Higher Education Software

Efficiencies and productivity

Reviewed on 2019-12-03

We love this product and it has made us so much more productive. We are still working out the kinks and learning how best to train our clients on the use of the product but we have come lightyears from where we were in just a few short months. There are some pretty significant issues that the company seems really open to fix in the future. The fact that we have interns and there aren't easy ways to have intern seats that don't cost the same as a full-time professional seat is unfortunate.

Pros

I love most the proofing functions of this software. Having all of the edits, comments and changes in one place is wonderful.

Cons

I wish we had implemented a workflow instead of making it up as we go. I also wish that the program could receive requests in the same format as our manual entry projects. The fact that we can only deliver final files to projects that originated through a request but not to things that we input manually (like during a consulting meeting) makes it hard to create a consistent workflow. I have a hard time keeping track of the production, delivery etc. once the project is apporved for press.

Sarah T.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

inMotion ignite named Employee of the Month

Reviewed on 2020-07-08

I'll just say this — we joined ignite in February 2020 (not a moment too soon as lock down soon followed in early March), and in June I received a 5% raise recognizing my leadership in proposing and adopting this new workflow software. This software is a magnificent feather in my professional cap.

Pros

Ignite essentially serves as another team member for our creative department. Using ignite has streamlined our creative process and eliminated ~5 hours a week spent on administrative tasks to keep production moving, and the extensive automation options are incredibly helpful; for example, Ignite sends reminders for approaching deadlines so I don't have to poke/annoy my team.

The seamlessness is invaluable. All communication is housed in one place — not spread across emails and hallway conversations and messaging apps — and all pertinent parties are clued in to relevant conversations.

Proofing routes allow me to see where we are in a cycle to keep progress on track. Circulating proofs used to be the bane of my professional existence, but the proofing module is so simple and efficient to use that now getting proofs out is a breeze; the time it takes to get a proof completed is nearly half of what it was when we were circulating hard proofs, and — this is no joke — I've had team members say that they *enjoyed* using the software and look forward to their next proofing assignments.

I also really enjoy the organization options with work tiers. It's so easy to keep track of the who, what and whens of 20-plus projects all going on at the same time.

Finally, the customer service is tops. Our rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a true pro — knowledgable, friendly, reliable, focused. It's so obvious that ignite prioritizes making sure their customers are 100% satisfied with the product. Obviously, we are!

Cons

It takes a little while to learn the software because there are so many incredible features available to improve your workflow. I assumed I would become an expert in a few days of playing around in the platform, but it took me a bit longer because of how robust it is. Not really a con; more of a tip to be prepared to spend some time learning the software. You can tailor the organization to best fit you, so it may take some troubleshooting to find out exactly how to utilize the software for maximum benefit.

Response from inMotionNow

Thank you so much for these wonderful words, Sarah! We are thrilled to hear how much value your team is seeing with ignite and appreciate your feedback. Ensuring our customers know the ins and outs of ignite's features is essential, so we'll keep expanding our customer onboarding and education resources.
(P.S. Thank you for the honorary Employee of the Month nomination! We love being part of the team.)

• Customer Support Software

Great creative project management tool!

Reviewed on 2016-06-29

I first started using used inMotion a few years back as a content reviewer and absolutely loved how much easier it made the entire review process. There was really no learning curve for our team and it helped take care of the communication and collaboration gaps we were having. When it came time at my current company to look for a solution, I got a chance to get deeper into the application and was impressed with how well it worked on the creative request and project management side. We found that the tool was definitely built with an eye for creative teams, more so than Basecamp and Office (which we'd been using prior to inMotion).

I also love the customer service group. They are truly terrific to work with. Our entire team found inMotion to be incredibly helpful getting us started and working with us as we needed them to get questions answered. These guys speak the creative language.

Great (fun and passionate) team
built for marketing and creative teams

Cons

Missing some of the more complex PM features (we didn't need or want them)

Valerie K.
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

Happy Creative Department

Reviewed on 2017-01-13

When we found InMotion, as a Department, we were very excited to dive into it and use. The sales staff on the other hand, being very set in their old ways of paper proofs, weren't too excited to switch. That is until they got into it - they are all now using InMotion and have been very happy with the program. I know that I can always count on your outstanding customer service for any new idea that may come up, for advice on how to streamline something better, or to trouble shoot and fix any obstacles we may have gotten into. Not to name names, (I'm going to anyway) but Dylan Boan has been awesome to work with and has always had exceptional response time and answers to my questions and fixes to problems. It's been a pleasure to work with him! We are very happy with InMotion overall and look forward to utilizing the new review environment and seeing what is in store for 2017.

Pros

Ease of use, interface, and organization filters.

Cons

There really isn't anything that I don't like.

• Industry: Telecommunications

InMotion Review

Reviewed on 2018-12-12

Overall, InMotion is a good tool for organizing and tracking internal and external production and special events. Once you get past the learning curve, and all team members have excelled at utilizing the program, it should fit all your needs perfectly.

Pros

What I like most about InMotion is that it provides a way for up-to-date tracking on internal production, and allows me to send out tasks to my team members and proofs to my clients all in one singular program.

Cons

What I do not like about InMotion is the setup of the user interface. At first glance, it looks like any other tracking and organization software. It looks like a combination of Salesforce and ShowManager. However, for the average user, if you have not had any training on event management or production management software before, seeing that many panels with small, unlabeled buttons can be a bit overwhelming. Other programs will have drop down menus or columns with all it's pre-filtered lists labeled for you. InMotion does not have that feature at first glance.

• Industry: Wholesale

inMotion!

Reviewed on 2018-08-29

Pros

Being a designer the reviewing process is a big part of my job. With inMotion coworkers are able to submit requests, give a brief statement of what they're looking for and attach files that are relevant. Once my draft is done I upload and send out to my review team, where they then make notes directly on my files and tell me what should be changed. You can upload different versions of the same drafts making it super convenient.

Cons

During the review process it's a little difficult if you have questions you need answers too or want to explain anything to your reviewers. As the draft owner you can make comments on your own pieces unless someone tags you in a comment. I would love to be able to chat back and worth with my coworkers about certain elements. And sometimes knowing when a project has been approved slips through the cracks.

Briana K.

• Customer Support Software

Routing Process is Great!

Reviewed on 2019-10-08

Pros

I love the routing process. It really helps with accountability from requests.

Cons

It does not work too well with the sheer quantity of jobs our office runs through everyday. It it much more suited to a smaller work load.

John B.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

User-friendly time saver!

Reviewed on 2015-12-18

Pros

The implementation of the software was quick, painless and came with very straight forward training sessions that had our team up and running quicker than I expected. From sales to training and support, everyone was very responsive and helpful. I've used several other platforms and this is by far the most intuitive/easy to figure out -- and easiest to get others trained on and using.

Cons

Ability to copy/edit and save a new project request would be a welcome addition.

• Industry: Higher Education Software

• Customer Support Software

InMotion has changed our workplace

Reviewed on 2015-12-14

We use inMotion to receive client project requests, project management for a variety of projects and proofing. Couldn't be a better fit for us. It's the only software that lets us accomplish these things in one place while not requiring our IT department to manage the back end.

Pros

Easy to learn/use
Huge amount of versatility and customization
Customer support has been great
Handles basically anything we throw at it

Cons

Occasionally proofs don't display properly (probably a transparency issue)
Would like to be able to edit the review workflow at any time, not just the current tier
Would like more options on setting the proof available reminder email (perhaps by project?)