inMotion ignite

Creative project management & proofing for improved workflow

4.1 /5 (67 reviews) Write a Review!
4.1
3.9
4.4
Industry: Wholesale

inMotion!

Reviewed on 8/29/2018

Pros

Being a designer the reviewing process is a big part of my job. With inMotion coworkers are able to submit requests, give a brief statement of what they're looking for and attach files that are relevant. Once my draft is done I upload and send out to my review team, where they then make notes directly on my files and tell me what should be changed. You can upload different versions of the same drafts making it super convenient.

Cons

During the review process it's a little difficult if you have questions you need answers too or want to explain anything to your reviewers. As the draft owner you can make comments on your own pieces unless someone tags you in a comment. I would love to be able to chat back and worth with my coworkers about certain elements. And sometimes knowing when a project has been approved slips through the cracks.

Michelle B.
Industry: Plastics
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

If you don't have it, you need it.

Reviewed on 8/31/2020

Fabulous! It took us a good bit to implement the system and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was super patient and helpful. He helped me migrate users and projects from inMotion classic.Our IT department insisted on single sign on (SSO) close to our go live date and the support group helped us get SSO implemented. We had a very specific, very long form to submit a campaign or a project request. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the support team did an excellent job of implementing these forms with very minimal changes needed. I really couldn't have asked for a better user integration experience.

Pros

I am responsible for managing the projects in our department and making sure deadlines are met. Ignite makes it so easy to see all the details for each project or campaign. Here are some specific things I love.
• Review each request and get more info if necessary before the design team sees it.
• Upload new versions of file assets without having to delete the old one.
• EVERYTHING in one place. No more tracking down an email for a piece of project information. Our team is missing fewer and fewer deadlines now that our projects are organized.
• Proof is EASY and the team can see if/when a reviewer views a proof. Tiers make it super easy for your proof to automatically flow through a large group of reviewers.
• I can create a HUGE campaign with lots of pieces and deadlines and still keep it very organized with groups, projects and tasks.
• Stakeholders have found it very easy to use to request and review projects.

Cons

Sometimes the system lags, so when I change something it takes bit to refresh. Cost is the only other thing I can think of.

Response from inMotionNow

We love hearing how well ignite is working for your team's projects! Organizing everything in one place is so critical to successful collaboration - we're glad your team is really feeling that benefit. We'll definitely continue improving our system's speed and sync time to prevent those pesky lags. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience!

Heather S.
Industry: Medical Devices
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Working Out the Kinks

Reviewed on 10/22/2019

We seem to be a bit more organized in that most all information has a spot in IMN. I also like the project templates for the most part.

Pros

I like that our every day customer can track the progress of their project. I also love the reporting feature as that didn't exist in our last database.

Cons

For our purposes and time savings, I prefer more customization. We almost require a database specific to our company as we manage print for our customers as well. It's hard to do so in IMN from what we have experienced. We also deal with large files that IMN cannot handle.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Mark T.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

A Great Creative Partner

Reviewed on 9/23/2020

Our overall experience has been outstanding. Their customer service has been top notch. They are very attentive to their client’s needs and are quick to respond to questions and concerns. They listen to feedback and have done an excellent job addressing user needs. Many of the features and updates we’ve requested have made their way to through development to platform or are currently in the works. They've truly been a great partner through and through.

Pros

I love the flexibility and customization features this platform offers. There are many different ways to build, structure and manage your projects. It caters to many work styles and processes.

Cons

The only downside is the need to submit a service ticket when adding or changing request forms. Having more autonomy over this feature has been requested. I also know they're working on a form builder feature for end users, so this will likely be a moot point very soon.

Response from inMotionNow

Feedback like yours is exactly what we strive for! We're so happy that inMotion ignite's customization is giving your team the flexibility you need. And yes - we will be launching our form builder super soon and cannot wait to see how it improves your experience!

Daniel S.
Industry: Wholesale
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

A step up from regular inmotion

Reviewed on 10/17/2019

I've been having a positive experience with inMotion ignite. It has worked well for our team that grew a lot this past year.

Pros

I like that you can set up tiers for your reviews. It doesn't go to the next tier until everyone under the first one has approved your work. Very easy to turn a project into a proof and I like that it's one page. to get to your proof on regular Inmotion you would have to go through like 7 different pages.

Cons

The old inmotion listed projects and segregated them with alternating colors behind them so it was easy to distinguish between your differrent projects, also had thumbnail images of the projects so it was easy to locate. ignite just has a giant list and when your comapny uses ID numbers you just get a list of 12 digit numbers and it's very chaotic.

Too many emails, which can be switched off, but the default shouldn't be to send me an email for everything.

Madeline S.
Industry: Consumer Goods

So far so good with Ignite!

Reviewed on 10/8/2019

Ignite is helping us automate and speed up our project intake process. The ease of building templates, adding and deleting and assigning tasks has really helped my team stay on top of what needs to be done. In addition, Custom Views helps A TON with prioritizing tasks and projects.

Pros

We have only recently transitioned from InMotion Classic to Ignite and all of the added features, ease of building out tasks, tagging projects, campaign forms, and so many other things are my favorite new features.

Cons

Still working out the kinks with getting to know a new software, but nothing too serious stands out. The one thing my team used in Classic that isn't in Ignite is the markup capabilities of rejecting a request.

Sarah T.
Industry: Oil & Energy

inMotion ignite named Employee of the Month

Reviewed on 7/8/2020

I'll just say this — we joined ignite in February 2020 (not a moment too soon as lock down soon followed in early March), and in June I received a 5% raise recognizing my leadership in proposing and adopting this new workflow software. This software is a magnificent feather in my professional cap.

Pros

Ignite essentially serves as another team member for our creative department. Using ignite has streamlined our creative process and eliminated ~5 hours a week spent on administrative tasks to keep production moving, and the extensive automation options are incredibly helpful; for example, Ignite sends reminders for approaching deadlines so I don't have to poke/annoy my team.

The seamlessness is invaluable. All communication is housed in one place — not spread across emails and hallway conversations and messaging apps — and all pertinent parties are clued in to relevant conversations.

Proofing routes allow me to see where we are in a cycle to keep progress on track. Circulating proofs used to be the bane of my professional existence, but the proofing module is so simple and efficient to use that now getting proofs out is a breeze; the time it takes to get a proof completed is nearly half of what it was when we were circulating hard proofs, and — this is no joke — I've had team members say that they *enjoyed* using the software and look forward to their next proofing assignments.

I also really enjoy the organization options with work tiers. It's so easy to keep track of the who, what and whens of 20-plus projects all going on at the same time.

Finally, the customer service is tops. Our rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a true pro — knowledgable, friendly, reliable, focused. It's so obvious that ignite prioritizes making sure their customers are 100% satisfied with the product. Obviously, we are!

Cons

It takes a little while to learn the software because there are so many incredible features available to improve your workflow. I assumed I would become an expert in a few days of playing around in the platform, but it took me a bit longer because of how robust it is. Not really a con; more of a tip to be prepared to spend some time learning the software. You can tailor the organization to best fit you, so it may take some troubleshooting to find out exactly how to utilize the software for maximum benefit.

Response from inMotionNow

Thank you so much for these wonderful words, Sarah! We are thrilled to hear how much value your team is seeing with ignite and appreciate your feedback. Ensuring our customers know the ins and outs of ignite's features is essential, so we'll keep expanding our customer onboarding and education resources.
(P.S. Thank you for the honorary Employee of the Month nomination! We love being part of the team.)

Angel G.
Industry: Computer Software

inMotion Review

Reviewed on 11/8/2018

Very user-friendly. Excellent customer support. Easy to use and navigate, even for non tech savvy folks. I use it for project management, creative workflow management, and online proofing. Anyone can use it. It also integrates with third-party software such as digital asset management solutions, so your final files are automatically synced and ready for others to view and/or download.

Pros

It's extremely user-friendly! It has a very nice, clean, and simple interface. It's browser-based so there is no software to install. And it has a mobile app, so you can use it anytime or anywhere!

Cons

Some of the account settings are a little confusing to set up, but the training and customer support has been great. I haven't used the reporting feature much, but it doesn't seem to provide what I was looking for, such as how many jobs have been submitted, how many have been completed, which reviewers are behind on proofing, etc.

Lindsay N.
Industry: Education Management
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great product for project managing design work

Reviewed on 10/14/2019

We are able to more efficiently gather project requests, track projects, proof files, and see each others' work.

Pros

We haven't ever had a decent project management system, especially one designed for designers. IMN has allowed us to coordinate projects and reviews and increase efficiencies amazingly. The review system -- being able to keep everything in a single location and out of emails -- is probably my favorite feature. And i love that in a meeting with one of my staff, I can simply pull up the projects they're working on, their progress, and see any snags.

Cons

There are a few features that we've requested at a pretty detailed level. An app was just released to review proofs, but not to use the other features - mobile access will make this so much better. The software runs rather slowly for a cloud-based one, takes forever for each page to load. Sometimes the detail is cumbersome -- did we leave comments at the campaign, project, task, or proof level for this part?.

Joshua S.

Good resource, poor UI.

Reviewed on 12/14/2015

The app works well for checking the status of proofs. However, actually reviewing anything can be a frustrating experience. The UI is difficult to navigate on both mobile and tablet. There are also bugs with saving comments. I have spent time entering a number of comments on a page, only for the app to give me an error when attempting to save the status. There will be times when the app will not let me open a proof, regardless of the file type. It is also only for Reviews. There is no additional project management options, like creating a project, assigning tasks, or checking off your own tasks. Being able to do this would be a huge benefit for managing projects when out of the office.

Pros

» Shows status of proofs
» Allows for comments and approval status

Cons

» Commenting on proofs is buggy (won't save comments on occasion)
» Frustrating user interface
» Can't manage projects beyond reviewing proofs
» Highlighting words on app doesn't work like desktop (selects characters vs. words)

Response from inMotionNow

Thank you for your thoughtful comments. We rely on your honest feedback to continually make inMotion better, no matter how critical the feedback. Our product team is actively looking into the issues you experienced to ensure they don't happen again.

We are also currently hard at work on re-building the Review and Approval portion of inMotion. It's a complete makeover and will incorporate years of feedback gathered from our customers. We're confident these updates will address many of the usability challenges you're having, in addition to making the already powerful features even better.

Our mobile applications focus only on Review & Approval functionality, not Project Management, as a result of direct customer feedback. However, the new re-build will also bring major updates to our iOS and Android apps.

Thanks again for taking the time to offer your feedback.

Amy B.
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

inMotion ignite is a great choice for any creative team

Reviewed on 10/28/2020

Before we started inMotion, our our creative assets were kept on a shared drive that many people had access to. We also used Basecamp as a means of project management. Both of those options led to people poking around and downloading whatever they wanted without us knowing about it. This would lead to people using imagery that wasn't editted or approved. Now with inMotion, they have to request what they want and let us know what they are using it for. This way, we can get them the correct asset for their needs.

Pros

My favorite feature are the route templates. You can customize as many as you need. We use them for all sorts of approvals. You can send off a review to multiple people in multiple approvals tiers with just one click. The proofing environment is excellent - Everyone's comments live in one place. You can bring anyone with an inMotion account into the conversation. We've found it is way better than emailing feedback and versions. The proofing environment allows you to view versions and comments side-by-side so you can make sure all the changes were made.

Cons

It would be nice to have a way to bulk-assign members to tasks. For example if there is a project with 40 tasks in it, you have to click on the member 40 separate times to assign it to them. Same with due dates - if you do not use "start dates" you cannot bulk-assign due dates.

Brittany W.
Industry: Financial Services

Great product, great company

Reviewed on 10/10/2019

Our team was trying to solve limiting our services to members of the organization that understand the strategic goals of our company. We also needed enhanced reporting to not only be able to track our work, but also see areas for efficiency enhancements. The platform eliminates both of those pain points and so much more. We love having all of our communications and marketing files in one place. This provides ease of transferring jobs between team members and transparency to our stakeholders.

Pros

What I like most about inMotion is the platform is constantly being optimized based on user feedback. The inMotion team has new feature discovery calls to see what their customers want out of the platform and implement quickly.

Cons

They have so many great ideas but not all of them can be implemented at once.

Angela B.
Industry: Government Administration

Classic to Ignite

Reviewed on 10/8/2019

InMotion ignite is a big improvement from classic and is easy to use. Customer service has been excellent and are always looking for feedback on ways to improve the software.

Pros

Software is user friendly and continues to improve with regular updates. The proofing has been particularly useful on marketing and web reviews. Feeback with users has improved from InMotion Classic.

Cons

With a number of customized fields tend to have to duplicate work entering information in multiple different screens.

Zach F.
Industry: Biotechnology

A complete and comprehensive solution for our department and company

Reviewed on 10/21/2020

My overall experience with inMotion has been fantastic. It is a great program with a great team developing it and a great team of people managing the success of their customers.

Pros

One of the many great things about inMotion is how comprehensive of a solution it is. When I looked at products to manage requests, manage work and approve marketing work not just within my own team but have approvals from other departments inMotion was the only solution that did it all in a way that made it easy for everyone involved in a project. The ease of use makes anyone jumping in able to find their way around the program easily. They are constantly improving it and seeking user suggestions and feedback which contributes to how they continue to get it right and continue to improve the program.

Cons

I can't provide any criticism or even constructive criticism of the program. I speak to members of the product development team occasionally and I know that many of the features I would to be in the program are being developed so it's only a matter of time before they have included all the features I would like to see added.

Great creative project management tool!

Reviewed on 6/29/2016

I first started using used inMotion a few years back as a content reviewer and absolutely loved how much easier it made the entire review process. There was really no learning curve for our team and it helped take care of the communication and collaboration gaps we were having. When it came time at my current company to look for a solution, I got a chance to get deeper into the application and was impressed with how well it worked on the creative request and project management side. We found that the tool was definitely built with an eye for creative teams, more so than Basecamp and Office (which we'd been using prior to inMotion).

I also love the customer service group. They are truly terrific to work with. Our entire team found inMotion to be incredibly helpful getting us started and working with us as we needed them to get questions answered. These guys speak the creative language.

Great (fun and passionate) team
built for marketing and creative teams

Cons

Missing some of the more complex PM features (we didn't need or want them)

Valerie K.
Industry: Packaging & Containers

Happy Creative Department

Reviewed on 1/13/2017

When we found InMotion, as a Department, we were very excited to dive into it and use. The sales staff on the other hand, being very set in their old ways of paper proofs, weren't too excited to switch. That is until they got into it - they are all now using InMotion and have been very happy with the program. I know that I can always count on your outstanding customer service for any new idea that may come up, for advice on how to streamline something better, or to trouble shoot and fix any obstacles we may have gotten into. Not to name names, (I'm going to anyway) but Dylan Boan has been awesome to work with and has always had exceptional response time and answers to my questions and fixes to problems. It's been a pleasure to work with him! We are very happy with InMotion overall and look forward to utilizing the new review environment and seeing what is in store for 2017.

Pros

Ease of use, interface, and organization filters.

Cons

There really isn't anything that I don't like.

Industry: Higher Education

Efficiencies and productivity

Reviewed on 12/3/2019

We love this product and it has made us so much more productive. We are still working out the kinks and learning how best to train our clients on the use of the product but we have come lightyears from where we were in just a few short months. There are some pretty significant issues that the company seems really open to fix in the future. The fact that we have interns and there aren't easy ways to have intern seats that don't cost the same as a full-time professional seat is unfortunate.

Pros

I love most the proofing functions of this software. Having all of the edits, comments and changes in one place is wonderful.

Cons

I wish we had implemented a workflow instead of making it up as we go. I also wish that the program could receive requests in the same format as our manual entry projects. The fact that we can only deliver final files to projects that originated through a request but not to things that we input manually (like during a consulting meeting) makes it hard to create a consistent workflow. I have a hard time keeping track of the production, delivery etc. once the project is apporved for press.

Karla S.
Industry: Management Consulting

Great platform for our team

Reviewed on 7/20/2020

We have grown tremendously as a team with the help and support of inMotion ignite. It allows us to continue our work with the highest quality due to the number of tools and features the platform offers.

Pros

I use this product daily as I'm one of the administrators who assigns projects to our team. I love how robust it is. It enables us to keep our projects organized and improve the work flow between developers and requestors. Some of the features I like the most are the multiple views and the proofs/reviews dashboard.

Cons

The only thing I don't like is that tasks and projects cannot be viewed under a single page. Also, it would be great if the search had more advance features to be able to find projects more easily.

Vanessa W.
Industry: Banking

Organization made easy

Reviewed on 10/8/2019

Overall, InMotion has helped us have a big picture view for our department . The team appreciates being able to go to one place to determine what they need to do and where proofs stand at any given moment.

Pros

This software is easy to use with the ability to manage projects from start to finish. Stakeholders can submit requests, users can keep track of their tasks and all proofing is housed in the system. And every step is recorded for ease in reviewing history.

Cons

There are some administrative tasks that are still a bit clunky. However, the developers are always looking at upgrades and open to suggestions.

Wanda P.
Industry: Oil & Energy

inMotion ignite

Reviewed on 10/23/2019

Once we became familiar with the process and what we can do, it has been a great tracking tool to quickly see the status. Either by looking back in the reviews ourselves or viewing reports make available to clients.
The customer service and technical support have been very helpful at resolving issues, guiding us through any snags and updates are always improving the functionality. We have had specific needs that were addressed and handled in a timely manner.

Pros

Being able to categorize the project in a way that was familiar.
The mark up tools and notes related work well.
Can download your files for your records if needed.
All work can stay in inMotion with history.

Cons

Once you have APPROVED AS IS, there is no changing you mind. This has caused additional versions in order to complete the project.

Michelle M.
Industry: Hospitality

InMotion

Reviewed on 10/8/2019

I like it and a few of the things I would like to see.

Archives living in a file you are able to review and see all work
Designers wish they could understand the priority of work load, they are challenged and miss deliverable.
Daily reporting that is sent to stakeholders in one email of here is your daily status where things are sitting.

Pros

The system is excellent for traffic of jobs. The alerts are great for designers and team.

Cons

It's challenging to look at full scope of work without opening every job up and searching for where it is sitting. Opening creative can take longer then we like. the opening of jobs on our scale of a department is not easy and time consuming.

James H.
Industry: Financial Services

inMotion Review

Reviewed on 10/11/2019

I have enjoyed ignite a lot. It feels like the product we initially were hoping for. It's organizations and communication is great.

Pros

I have enjoyed the ability to keep track of all of our projects. I like that we can save files in it and that submitters can provide quick and simple instructions.

Cons

I know it's an outdated browser but it would make life easier for us if users could use Internet Explorer. I also wish that there was a way to adjust the queue of projects instead of simply by due date.

Markell L.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

InMotion keeps us on-task and provides a centralized location for all job needs

Reviewed on 1/13/2017

InMotion provides excellent support for its software and makes it painless to set-up, train users, launch, and keep using. In only one year of use, it's been critical in managing our work flow, increasing the accuracy of our quotes, and ensuring that our team profitable.

Pros

It's easy to use from the start and continues to become more relevant as you set up templates and continue to refine your processes.

Cons

It lacks the ability to track financials in a way that's meaningful.

Industry: Telecommunications

InMotion Review

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

Overall, InMotion is a good tool for organizing and tracking internal and external production and special events. Once you get past the learning curve, and all team members have excelled at utilizing the program, it should fit all your needs perfectly.

Pros

What I like most about InMotion is that it provides a way for up-to-date tracking on internal production, and allows me to send out tasks to my team members and proofs to my clients all in one singular program.

Cons

What I do not like about InMotion is the setup of the user interface. At first glance, it looks like any other tracking and organization software. It looks like a combination of Salesforce and ShowManager. However, for the average user, if you have not had any training on event management or production management software before, seeing that many panels with small, unlabeled buttons can be a bit overwhelming. Other programs will have drop down menus or columns with all it's pre-filtered lists labeled for you. InMotion does not have that feature at first glance.

Jenny T.

I used InMotion while working with a client to share work and feedback on various projects.

Reviewed on 6/11/2018

Pros

I like that InMotion allowed us to see the client's feedback right within the interface, and comment back and forth to make sure everyone was on the same page.

Cons

The software seemed like it could have been simplified - some parts of the interface were not very intuitive and required a lot of extra steps. The interface also felt a bit old, but there may be a newer version that we just weren't using.