MailerLite

Email marketing software for smart business

4.5 /5 (395 reviews) Write a Review!

Heather jo F.

No ESP is perfect, but MailerLite comes the closest

Reviewed on 2020-03-27

Overall, (even when I was accidentally crashing my own automations and blaming it on the support staff!) they have been absolutely stellar. I have shopped around plenty, used several other services, and am, for sure, sticking with MailerLite for the long haul.

Pros

The interface is so easy and intuitive, and I always know how to do what I want to do in MailerLite. As a tech-challenged solopreneur and content creator, I want to spend as little time as possible on the learning curve, so I can focus on what my people want: the content. Custom branding is spot-on, and segmentation works perfectly.

Cons

Deliverability isn't what it could be, but we're ALL working on that one! And this is probably more the fault of user habits and annoying AI filters.

Response from MailerLite

Flores, thank you for the stellar review ;) We're enthusiastic and glad to hear that we're making easier the journey of our customers. I wish you all the best for your solopreneur adventure!

Amir S.

My Horrifying experience with MailerLite

Reviewed on 2016-08-03

My experience with MailerLite.

After weeks of research on the best and most economic way on how to send weekly emails to the subscribers of my small business , I choose MailerLite. What a mistake ! It turned out to be one of the most painful experiences as a small business owner.

I give them credit, when it is due : Easy to navigate interface and professionally pre-made templates seemed a perfect match for my needs. As a small business owner, my first goal was to find a bulk email software that is easy to use and has a friendly and responsive customer service. For years, I used one of the major bulk email software providers, but they have become really expensive compared to what you get in return for these email campaigns. Finally, I made my decision and enrolled in one of MailerLite plans that seemed very attractive; at least on the paper! 15000 subscribers and unlimited monthly emails for $30!!

WOAH !!! what a great bargain. Right? Not that fast !

They were very quick to charge my business card for the $30.

I spent few hours to create a perfect email and uploaded my mailing list of 15000. and start creating the first campaign on MailerLite. This is where the nightmare started.

When I wanted to send out the email, I received an email from their support team that I am not allowed to use more than 2000. ( i paid for 15000 subscribers with unlimited monthly emails) . I told them that I won't have it that way and they should cancel my account. They reached out to me and assured me that everything would be fine, hey approved me for 5000 and promised to increase my quote after the first few emails to prevent spams. Fair enough!

After sending out the emails, they told me that I have breached their spam policy since the hard bounce of my emails were more than a certain number that they allow. I was not very happy with their decision but again, its their policy and I have to follow it. So I accepted their decision and didn't argue with them. But this the same email list that I have used with the other major email provider. I knew this is a small company with few resources and I have made a mistake.

Obviously, I didn't want to pay for a service that I am not allowed to use. quite simple. So, I ask them to cancel my subscription and refund me the $30 that they have charged me !!! They kept me waiting for almost 4 days and then they told me that they have decided to keep my money ?!!!!!, and obviously they have access to all the 15000 subscribers on mailing list !!

Customer service is the forefront of a business and I am really sorry to say that theirs is NON-EXISTING.

Since the goal of this review was to save others some time and un-wanted headache, I have not mentioned any of the other competitors that make a much better option.

Since then, I have signed up to another provider for only $5 extra and I could not be happier. I learned my lesson , cheaper choice is not always a better one. It is wiser to pay a bit more and go with a company with a better customer service and more resources.

If even you think that you won't have the same issue that I had with them, still think of your need of customer service at some point.

I hope this has helped you in your search. Good luck!

Pros

You would get a Cheap service

Cons

You would loose your money. They blame you for their failure to just charge your credit card for no service. Their system can't deliver and then they blame you. read other reviews all over web. Many people have complained about their delivery rate. You would loose your mailing list to them.

Traver F.

• Customer Support Software

A great mailing software for business newsletters and automation

Reviewed on 2020-04-11

My overall experience has been pretty great. I have two mailing lists for two different business ventures. One with 700 people on my list, and one with 7,000.

MailerLite works fantastic whether you're on the free or paid plan. The only difference is (for how I use it), you can't use automated sequences on the free plan.

I have very few complaints about the software.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use. It's a beautiful dashboard that's easily navigated. The WYSIWYG editor is super sleek. From adding new subscribers to setting up complex automations, it's all really simple.

Cons

Sometimes there's a hiccup in the system that causes text editing to mess up. What I mean is that I'll be typing and I'll get to where I am right now, and the cursor will reset to the beginning and start type there instead.

If I refresh the page, the problem goes away.

Response from MailerLite

Hey Trever,

Thank you! I loved to read your review of MailerLite and yes, our web design is super sleek ;)

Don't hesitate to contact us for anything you need - we are always there for you.

Britt M.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

• Customer Support Software

MailerLite could be good, but....

Reviewed on 2020-07-07

I use MailerLite for an author pen name. That pen name writes clean and wholesome romance, and my list consists of 46 people who opted in to get a free short story.

Once a week I send an email to my list to tell them about my books.

I noticed that instead of going out to 46, my emails only went out to 32. I checked, and there were no bounces. So I contacted support to ask about this gap.

After a week or so, I was asked to make a video of it (even though it should be visible from their end), which I did. A week or so later again, they came back and told me that I had spam traps on my list, that my bounces were too high and I should check their spam policies, and that I was at a risk of having my account suspended.

That in spite of their own system saying that I had no bounces and that I definitely not are sending out spam.

I lost all trust in the service after this email, and I won't continue using them in the future.

Neither will I continue to recommend others that they use them.

Pros

You can't beat free if the product is good, and for that price MailerLite is perfect for small list owners. You can have up to 500 free subscribers, and after that, the price is reasonable.

MailerLite has a reputation for good deliverability.

Even the free version offers segmenting and other advanced stuff.

Cons

The user interface isn't very intuitive, and things like finding the field to add a name seems clumsy to me.

I have a friend who's blind, and he's struggling with the software. I've often had to log into his account to help him with tasks, because the product isn't optimized for visual impaired users.

Support is slow to answer questions. And at least at one point straight out threatening. I'll get back to that in the description below.

Response from MailerLite

Hi Britt,

Thank you for your review. I've been investigating your case and on our system, last time you had a chat with our Customer Support dates back to 2 years ago.

Could you please send the screenshots of the conversation you described to [email protected]? I'd like to investigate more and help you as much as I can.

All the best,

Helena B.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

• Customer Support Software

Best newsletter software for small and midsize business

Reviewed on 2020-10-09

My overall experience is very positive, I keep using this software and have had no issues and had a great support all along.

Pros

I really enjoy this platform, I think is the best I have encountered I have tried constant contact and Mailchimp but Mailerlite is my favourite. It's easy to use, it is very inexpensive and gives you the most benefits for your price. I found the customer service very helpful when I ran into difficulties which really like I also enjoyed how simple is to use to design newsletter with this platform.

Cons

I think the thing I like the least about this software is the fact that it can be little bit difficult to set up, I don't like that it asks for verification of my website and asking me to up DNS codes in. I would appricaiet it to be more simple process I know with Mailchimp the set up was much easier

Response from MailerLite

Hello Helena,

Thank you very much for leaving your feedback and I am very happy to hear you are having a very good experience with MailerLite!

The reason why we require the authorization of your domain is because it helps to improve deliverability.

Thanks again!

Claudia R.

• Customer Support Software

Mailerlite has most of the things I need in one place!

Reviewed on 2020-11-19

It has been great, it saves me a lot of time once you put things in place, would be great if also they offer membership sites so everything is in one place.

Pros

User friendly, most of the things I need for CRM in one place, forms, landing pages list building, pop ups and email automatization very easy to use.

Cons

could have better triggers for mail automatization...like if you like to send a sequence to a specific group. At the moment you can choose, "when someone join this group do the following...." or when someone complete a form, or when subscriber click a link...

Jayraj P.
  • Industry: Media Production

• Customer Support Software

Chose it over Mailchimp and I couldn't be happier.

Reviewed on 2019-09-24

Amazing. I expect to keep using it and recommending the same to anyone who's starting off with email marketing and is cost-conscious.

Pros

It's user interface is highly interactive. Any amateur can learn how to design interactive email templates and landing pages, how to create/segment their lists and how to gather statistics. They keep doing seminars from time to time and their blog is really helpful to make sure you're following the best practices. MailerLite can handle all your functions smoothly and the best thing is - it'll charge you way lesser than any of the other software's out there (taking a dig at MailChimp particularly).

Cons

As I'm scaling up, I'm realizing that I have to use some external 3rd party software to handle advanced functions. If you wish to use email marketing primarily (and not as a support function), MailerLite's email testing platform is basic and while I bugged customer support constantly for answers on how to better authenticate my domain settings, I've been failing to get any productive response that can help me. I don't know whether any other software's gives a full suite of features but I'm sure that I would expect it from the one I'm using.

Natasha W.

I enjoy Mailerlite!

Reviewed on 2019-05-11

Mailerlite is a great start to understanding email marketing and automation. It has helped me to connect with my subscribers more frequently while also setting up auto RSS feed for any blog posts that I create. I've been using it for a few years, and I thoroughly enjoy it.

Pros

The first 1000 email subscribers are FREE! Mailerlite makes it easy to send email campaigns and schedule email campaigns. It also makes it easy to set up sequences if I am doing an e-challenge via email. I enjoy being able to reuse templates or view prior recent emails, so that I am able to change the content but still streamline the design. The software also ensures that duplicate email subscribers are not saved in the system, and with the touch of a button, you can add a single subscriber, upload a txt with list of subscribers, or put them in groups. Pop-ups, buttons, and landing pages are all easy to create and customize. Lastly, Mailerlite allows partnerships with other software companies for easy sync and connection, which is a HUGE plus to saving time and money.

Cons

Over the years, Mailerlite has improved on its products and services. My only two cons are sporadically the auto RSS feed will send old blog posts from prior years, and also when I opened a mailerlite account for another business, it shortened my available number of email subscribers. However, those are minute issues.

Jack D.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Great alternative to Mailchimp

Reviewed on 2019-09-02

Pros

Mailerlite provides all the functionality we need for a fraction of the price of Mailchimp. Their customer support is better too.

Cons

We hit a few road blocks setting up our account, but their customer support helped us through it.

Unique H.
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Best Option for Small businesses

Reviewed on 2019-10-16

My overall experience has been great with Mailerlite

Pros

It's easy to use and create my newsletters. You can also embed landing pages and sign up forms on your website.

Cons

I do wish that the free plan offered more features and a higher subscriber rate. I understand that I'll have to upgrade soon.

David E.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Excellent Customer Service

Reviewed on 2020-12-18

Pros

Integration with existing system. Ease of use. Cost. Professional design capabilities. Customer service is outstanding. We had a problem that we could not troubleshoot and yet the team stayed with us and persevered until it was resolved. Very very happy with this type of help.

Cons

Some features are difficult to use. Sending a mass mailing is not intuitive after sending a "test" email.

Response from MailerLite

Hey David,

Thank you for leaving us such a lovely feedback, we're glad to hear you're part of our community now.

If there's anything else you need to know, please do reach out to our support team. They're a lovely bunch.

Enjoy the last days of 2020.

- Lay

Manuel M.

• Customer Support Software

Recommended if Lead-Scoring is not required

Reviewed on 2021-01-18

Pros

- Easy to set up
- Fast and responsive user interface
- Great support
- Integrations
- Import&Export

Cons

- "CRM" is limited
- No Sales Funnel
- No Lead Scoring

Response from MailerLite

Hi Manuel,

Thank you for being part of our community. I also appreciate your feedback on our CRM features.

Positive!

Reviewed on 2020-03-17

This product is well designed with all the features I need to support my team across the globe.

Pros

Our team recently switched to MailerLite and have had a great experience thus far. It's easy to drag and drop clean designs into newsletters which surprisingly makes email-designing fun! The pre-made templates are also really great, wish they had more!

Cons

Pre-made templates are limited. Some of the drag and drop features are also limited. I hope they continue to create more updates for drag and drop content and pre-designed features more frequently.

Response from MailerLite

Hello,

Thanks a lot for the feedback! We are super happy to hear that you are having a great experience with MailerLite!

If you have any specific suggestions about how we could improve our features (drag & drop editor), you can always reach out to us at [email protected]

We take our client feedback very seriously and all the updates we make to improve our application are based on the feedback we receive.

Thanks again!

Meghan E.

My favorite email solution

Reviewed on 2019-01-13

I've tried a lot of email marketing services and this is by far my favorite. Their team is open to suggestions and it's not uncommon to ask for a feature and see it implemented a few months later. They also have regular webinars that teach you not only hot to better use their product but also how to improve your email marketing overall.

Pros

The value for the money and the fact that the team keeps improving the product and has been loyal to their early adopters by grandfathering in their pricing. Their support is amazing.

Cons

There have been a few glitches over the years, but they always take responsibility and make it right. There have been deliverability problems in the past, but they've improved and are now one of the top companies for deliverability.

Kellee C.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

• Customer Support Software

MailerLite, the best email marketing platform I've used

Reviewed on 2021-02-11

I've used it to send out email marketing campaigns for myself and my clients. It works well and doesn't have tons of useless features.

Pros

I love all the features you get on the free plan and I also like the generous free trial.

Cons

Setting up DNS records and getting authorized to send out your first campaigns is not a fast process. Don't put this part off till last minute.

Response from MailerLite

Hey Kellee, first off, just wanted to let you know that I really love the name of your company. Very catchy!

Also, thank you so much for writing such a lovely review for us.

- Lay

Marin R.
  • Industry: Design

• Customer Support Software

Great service, great support and great team!

Reviewed on 2021-01-28

Pros

Mailerlite it's simple yet powerful! I really like that it is not cluttered with bunch of features that I really don't have a use of. MailerLite does what states in his name - manages your email in lite and simple way. Pricing is fair and reasonable and customer service is great. Online editor, one of the most advanced that I've stumbled upon - real pleasure to work with. The fact that I can mange multiple accounts for my clients trough one admin, was a revelation and definitely is something that I can not live without anymore.

Cons

I would really like that mobile App on iOS is a little bit more advanced, but we keep our fingers crossed :)

Response from MailerLite

We can't live without people like you in our community either Marin - thank you for spreading the love . Feel free to email us at [email protected] should you have ideas on how to improve the mobile app.

Kal O.

MailChimp Replacement

Reviewed on 2020-09-10

We recommend this program to all our clients and we use it internally ourselves.

Pros

This email program is excellent. They verify you have a valid domain prior to authorizing your account to keep Spam accounts out. It is very easy to use and they provide a lot of features even on their free plan. You can build landing pages, websites, popups and complete email automations.

Cons

Needs more advanced form creation options.

Kim B.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

• Customer Support Software

Not the biggest fan. Deliverability failure

Reviewed on 2020-09-30

Pros

Great templates. Fantastic way to disperse information. Reaches a large number of subscribers in one click.

Cons

Several deliverability issues in the past, including the past year 2020. Every time there's a deliverability issue and I can't get my product to my customers, I lose money. I've tried mailerlite a few different times through the years, and prefer one it's major competitors.

Response from MailerLite

Hello Kim,

I am sorry you had to leave MailerLite but thank you for giving us a few chances and writing this review!

If you ever decide to come back, please let our customer support know about any issues you are experiencing regarding deliverability, the team will be more than happy to help you out. Deliverability depends on multiple different factors and it should be reviewed on case by case basis.

Angelica C.

The next best thing

Reviewed on 2019-03-14

I switched from Mailchimp due to its price and found a very good substitute. The staff is completely friendly and will help you with anything. They are adding a lot of features every month and it's really worth it.

Pros

This is the best experience with a email marketing tool I've ever had. It's friendly, has all the basic features you need and then some really new interesting ones.
The price is fair and support is just a click away in the chat box.

Cons

It's lacking some segmentation options and some auto-responder triggers, but with some work, it's possible to create a workaround.
They have increased their prices recently for new users.

Alina P.
  • Industry: Publishing

• Customer Support Software

My favorite email marketing service

Reviewed on 2019-03-20

I've switched to MailerLite in 2017 for all of my author platform related newsletter lists and campaigns. It made sense price wise, as it offered a lot of value for money. it also didn't count people subscribed to multiple newsletter more than once, which I thought was a refreshing twist on the service I was using primarily at the time.

Since then, I've been growing and expanding my email marketing and everything seemed super easy. I can customize everything, from welcome pages and emails to automation sequences and sign up forms. Implementing all of the GDPR new requirements was also pretty easy and in that case, it helped a lot to work with a company that was also in the EU.

I am more than happy with MailerLite and it set up high expectations from other such providers.

Pros

I love MailerLite's ease of use, fast support, and variety of features and integrations.

Cons

The only con I can think of after much deliberation is the fact that sometimes outgoing campaigns are in a queue and there's not way to tell how long it will take to have them sent out.

Friendly Outside, Harmful Inside

Reviewed on 2018-12-20

This company has not characteristics of an International company.
Don't put your eggs on their basket. Avoid mailerlite!

Pros

When you start everything is friendly and welcoming, but anticipate unpredictable and contrary to agreement behaviour.

Cons

After two years of working as a loyal client and putting all of my company eggs in mailerlite basket, exactly after a week I paid them for the third year subscription, they shocked me with stopping my account. No description, No evidence!
I had developed all of my company email marketing solutions on mailerlite. My lists, contents, forms, graphics, staff training and much more had established based on them. The reason was clear, they have good interface and reasonable price.
But one day I noticed that they have closed my account while I had renewed my account a week before for one year. No reason, No refund!
I contacted their support and asked them for the reason many times. No reason except manager decision! I continued contacting with support, but after all they closed the doors of online chat to me, the only way of connecting them.
I tried to find their headquarters and discuss them the situation, again no address or contacting way to headquarters.
After more than one month, I am yet confused with their behaviour.
Thanks Capterra, I noticed that there are many people with same experience. And again thanks Capterra, after all I could satisfy myself with putting a review here and elsewhere in the world! I never forgive this company for its non-professional behaviour and will continue preventing people using mailerlite service wherever and whenever I can. Avoid mailerlite! One day they will ruin your developments and grab your money!

Eduardo E.
  • Industry: Chemicals

• Customer Support Software

Extremely Easy to use, great value for money

Reviewed on 2018-01-18

Pros

User interface is excellent. It is very easy to create mailings and manage them. The mailing groups feature is really great, much better than other competitors that I have used in the past. It also has integrations with Zapier to other webapps, such as CRM systems, which make adding new subscribers very easily.

If you need to manage more than one company, the app makes it easy to switch between accounts. You log in only once and you are able to create several accounts for clients.

Cons

The app has all the features that I currently need. I really can't see anything that it needs to improve. Perhaps it could build into the app the ability to validate emails automatically when importing emails as subscribers, or at least add the option to do so and charge as necessary. Today when importing a new batch of emails, it is necessary to clean the list using a third party service in order not to get a high bounce rate and thus get banned from the app.

Kathy P.

Good Service Wish It Would Integrate With More Things

Reviewed on 2019-11-19

I like it for sending out quick emails to my lists. It's quick & easy to send out notifications. The drag & drop builder makes it easy to compose emails & landing pages. Unlike some other companies, you can import an existing list

Pros

I've used many email marketing services and Mailerlite is a bit easier than many of them. The drag & drop builder is easy to use and has lot's of flexibility.

Cons

Automation is cumbersome. Having to create workflows is time consuming. The other negative is that it doesn't integrate with many 3rd party services yet.

Response from MailerLite

Hello Kathy,

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Our integration list is constantly growing. We also have multiple integrations available that integrate via 3rd parties like Zapier and PieSync.

If you have a need for specific integrations, could you please let us know at [email protected] We develop our software based on what our clients need the most!

Thank you!

Dante S.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

• Customer Support Software

Mailerite perfect for email campaigns

Reviewed on 2020-08-07

I have already recommended Mailerlite to several friends who are business owners.

Pros

Mailerlite's drag and drop design feature for emails saves me a lot of time to design emails for my email marketing campaigns. Its cost was a big selling point for me.

Cons

More templates and customization for popup forms

• Used Other for Free Trial

Super impressed

Reviewed on 2020-02-20

Very good experience. I actually tested the software for a client of mine to see if it will work for them, and it did. Since I was managing their project, I was the one using it. I will also become a customer personally. I have since become an affiliate and recommended another user and will continue to do so.

Pros

Everything about the software is very easy to use.
Workflow automation is incredibly intuitive to use.
The pricing is reasonable.
The support documentation is pretty helpful.
Very intuitive to get set up.

Cons

There wasn't much to not like about it, to be honest.
If there is one minor point, is that I have to have an email for a specific domain. This makes it a bit difficult.
I do not want to have multiple email addresses.
My email address is a specific domain email, and that's what I use for all my businesses.
Even though I own several domains.
I do not want to have different emails for it.
I did not see a way to do that.