MailerLite

Email marketing software for smart business

4.7/5
4.5/5
4.6/5
Customer Support Software
4.6/5

Keith L.

• Customer Support Software

The easiest to use and best value email marketing tool

Reviewed on 2021-07-22

Great. Easy to repeat the formatting of emails. Statistics are easy to see. Simple navigation.

Pros

I've been using MailerLite with several businesses for years. While some other email marketing tools come with more bells and whistles, most of us don't need that. We need reliability and functionality. MailerLite has that. And more.

Cons

Nothing really. Could be cheaper at higher price points. The email account checker could be free (and not a separate paid product)

ConvertKit and EmailOctopus

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

MailChimp's user experience is terrible. Expensive.

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

I'm used to it. Better features for the price. Cheaper than ConvertKit by far.

Response from MailerLite

Thank you, Keith!

• Industry: Professional Training & Coaching
  • Used for 2+ years

Great landing pages

Reviewed on 2021-04-24

MailerLite provides beautiful landing pages, an easy to use drag-and-drop email builder, and nice sign-up forms. It is amazing and really helpful that they allow free users access to their email automation feature.

Pros

Over the years, I have tried many email marketing services and I must acknowledge that MailerLite is a great alternative to MailChimp. They have really nice landing page options even if you're using their free plan. Beyond the landing pages, I did not end up choosing MailerLite as my "forever" email marketing provider though. I teach women how to start their own online business and if one of my students did not have a website I could not refer them to this provider. You need a website and a domain email address in order to use this service.

Cons

Some entrepreneurs are just starting out and they do not have a website yet. There are many online business owners who that want to build their email list before building their website. To get access to MailerLite however, you need a website. So, unfortunately, I cannot recommended this platform to my business friends who don't have a website yet.

Response from MailerLite

Hi there, thank you for leaving a review for us. Such a lovely business idea you have.

We genuinely appreciate you giving us the feedback of some of our users not having a website - this is something I will make sure to add to our feedback data.

Have a good one!

Sue F.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Customer Support Second to None

Reviewed on 2021-03-24

I am setting up a mailing list from scratch and I have found the functionality to be great. The couple of times I have found the help files to be less than helpful, someone has responded to my feedback and answered my queries and made the functionality very clear. Wonderful to know that someone actually reads (and responds) to feedback, rather than it going into a black hole.

Pros

As a brand new user, I am finding Mailerlite very easy to use, with almost all the functionality I need so far. I have asked a couple of questions where I do not understand the functionality and my questions have been answered very quickly!
The automation is very intuitive and easy to set up.

Cons

I wanted to create a dropdown with 12 options (for months), but found the limit was 10 options. Small issue, but a bit of a hindrance.

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

I have always found Mailchimp to be very clunky to use, and wondered if there was something better available (at my beginner price point ie. free).

A product review.

Response from MailerLite

Hi Sue, amazing to have you with us - was really curious about your Vintage shop, you should pass by the site, so I can have a look. I'm a sucker for a good find.

If you have any further questions, you know where to find our amazing support team.

- Lay

Ellen D.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

• Customer Support Software

I am very happy with MailerLite

Reviewed on 2021-08-02

I don't know yet how much clients I will reach with this MailerLite program, because I have just started. I have every confidence that it will be great, because I am so proud of what I made that I will shout about my business from every rooftop I can find.

Pros

During these last few weeks, I have built my own website, two landing pages, and I created several e-mail campaigns for my own business. Normally I don't like doing these things, because technical stuff is not my natural habitat, or talent . However, I loved using MailerLite! I learned to do everything myself just by watching the videos in the MailerLite Academy. I could follow every step and do it myself. MailerLite is very user friendly. Even more important, when I make something, it looks great. Now I am really proud of what I have created. When I had a question, I just asked a question to the support team and they are very helpful, and nice. I can definitely recommend MailerLite to everyone!

Cons

There were only 2 minor inconveniences in the software, that had to do with the header, and with links to photos in an image-grid. I have asked the support team for help and they did great.

Response from MailerLite

We are super proud of you too, Ellen. Amazing that you are ahead with the MailerLite Academy.

We're glad to have you onboard in our community, and we're keeping our fingers crossed for all those clients to pour in.

Gary M.

• Customer Support Software

Easy implementation and great support

Reviewed on 2021-04-26

Pros

How easy it is to work with, create intelligent automated workflows, and track analytics.

Cons

Deliverability rates could be improved, but that may be more an issue with email service providers.

AWeber, Mailchimp, Constant Contact and ConvertKit

Cost and support

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

Price, ease, and support reputation

Response from MailerLite

HI Gary, thank you for leaving us such a lovely review! If you have any more questions regarding our deliverability, then reach out to our support heroes and they might be able to help you understand it further.

Glad to have you part of our communnitiy and enjoy your weekend!

- Lay

Emily N.

Why I love Mailerlite

Reviewed on 2021-06-09

Having the possibility to create multiple automated workflows (while being on a free plan) has been a huge improvement, compared to my former ESP... The survey feature is also great, as it allows me to collect data on what type of content my (new) subscribers would like to receive in the newsletter...

Pros

I recently changed ESP and came to Mailerlite, and I am in love with it ! It's so easy to use, plus they allow us to create multiple automated email sequences, even on the free plan, which was a big thing for me...

Also, the customer service and support is amazing ! Always quick to respond, very helpful and will do back-and-forth emails if necessary, until we understand the problem or find the solution we're looking for!

Cons

At the moment, Mailerlite doesn't allow to add attachements to our newsletter... Impossible to just add a PDF that people can download directly from the email. We have to use or website or external providers (like DropBox or Google Drive) to host the file and insert a link to it in the email.

However, since this is a highly requested feature, Mailerlite might provide it in the future...

Response from MailerLite

Definitely something we would look further into, Emily - thank you so much for the feedback.

Dimitar D.

• Customer Support Software

Great service for email marketing

Reviewed on 2020-09-22

I used to send emails with Mailchimp, but since Jan 2020 I completely transfer my email marketing to Mailerlite.

Pros

Mailerlite has a easy and user-friendly software, which is perfect solution for daily email marketing. I use and landing page builder.

Cons

In my opinion there is just one cons.
If you use site /landing page builder there is no option to add custom block (for example with 4 or 5 columns). It could be very useful if I have an option to choose the size of new blocks.

Tina F.
  • Industry: Online Media

Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 2021-07-24

I just find Mailerlite easy to use and I really appreciate the customer service I get whenever I'm stuck on doing something. They will answer every question I ask and in detail. If I am confused, they take even more time to explain and break it down so I can understand since technology is not my strongest suit. I really do appreciate that!

Pros

For the most part, I find it so easy to use once you start to navigate through. There are great tutorials for every step you are in and if you get stuck, you can email customer support, and someone answers you promptly.

Cons

Some of the tutorials seem incomplete where I feel that there are steps in between that they are missing. Would be easier to have them in so you don't have to contact support and wait. I wish I could recall a specific incident but somehow I resolved it.

Mailchimp and ConvertKit

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

It was the best free start-up for all the options you get.

Response from MailerLite

Hey Tina, thank you for sharing your experience with us. Just wanted to share that we have a MailerLite Academy that might be handy.

We would love to have more feedback about our tutorials, so if you ever come across any challenges you can send us a mail our way, so we can learn more for the future - [email protected]

Tacho T.

Mailer Lite for Landing pages

Reviewed on 2020-10-19

This is my second year using the software and I am fall in love with it. MailerLite is all in one tool - landind pages, web sites, and email marketing. All this on reasonable price.

Pros

I use Mailer Lite for creating landing pages. With these landing pages, I collect emails for my e-lessons for the diving courses. It is a great option because I had been set automation emails, Facebook pixel and the ROI of my ads is higher than 5.

Cons

The intregration with Stripe is great option, but I would like to have an option for PayPal integration also.

Sendinblue and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

Mailer lite is easyer for use and have more options corresponding to my business need. It is chieper than MailChimp

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

More functionallity for better price.
Lynn K.
  • Industry: Music

• Customer Support Software

MailerLite is so much better than Mailchimp!

Reviewed on 2021-05-29

Pros

On a free plan, I could get access to automations and A/B testing, pop-up and embedded forms.

Overall, switching from Mailchimp, the experience was so much better!

Customer service was great, I found it more intuitive to use, and I could create groups much more easily.

I’m quite happy to have switched!

Cons

I encountered difficulty trying to figure out how to create a simple URL link inside a campaign to enable readers to opt out of certain emails. I surent hours searching the tutorials and did not find a clear answer.

I see it achieved on newsletters that I receive from people who use Active Campaign and ConvertKit. I simply wanted to copy what they did but couldn’t find a simple way to do so.

Response from MailerLite

Hey Lynn, loving your "Ninja Guides" for Violins - one of my favourite instruments out there.

This article might be super helpful regarding your feedback: https://help.mailerlite.com/article/show/29194-what-custom-variables-can-i-use-in-my-campaigns

So basically, {$unsubscribe} generates a link to your campaign's unsubscribe page.

Of course, we will keep in mind the visibility of finding such enquiries, so thanks for pointing this out!

Good luck with your Violin Bootcamp by the way.

Daniel A.

• Customer Support Software

Great Email Marketing Software for a Competitive Price!

Reviewed on 2020-01-20

Overall experience with MailerLite has been positive with only minor hiccups over the past few years I've been a user. A year or so ago they had an issue with one of their servers causing spam traps to be tripped on major email providers, but they resolved the issue relatively quickly.

Pros

Mailerlite has helped me to build an email list with a bevy of features like autoresponders, pop-up forms, and trigger actions all for a monthly fee of $10! The MailerLite team is constantly adding new features and updates to help their users attain new subscribers. They are friendly and responsive whenever you have a problem or request a feature.

Cons

Honestly, I don't have any complaints about MailerLite. They suit my email marketing needs perfectly!

Julia M.

• Customer Support Software

MailerLite has made my life a lot easier!

Reviewed on 2021-08-12

Using MailerLite has solved the issue with my emails being marked as Spam or being blocked by email providers. It's also solved the issue of knowing if my members have opened or clicked links in my emails.

Pros

I lead a not-for-profit homeschool organization & having MailerLite has helped ensure my emails get to the members. I can see who has or hasn't opened my emails or set up their accounts.

I truly appreciate having a free version but was very excited that the price to upgrade to the premium was affordable. I love being able to have MailerLite resend an email to anyone that didn't open the first one.

It also allows an easier way for the members to unsubscribe if needed.

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of anything I dislike about MailerLite as it serves my needs fully.

Gmail

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

My emails kept being marked as Spam or fully blocked by Apple, even when the members had added me to their contacts.

Gmail

Response from MailerLite

Hi Julia, so lovely to read this and happy to see this has been working out for you.

Thank you for this!

Stephen F.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

• Customer Support Software

I am constantly amazed how awesome Mailerlite is

Reviewed on 2020-11-19

Pros

Mailerlite does EVERYTHING amazingly well! Just when you think you're happy enough with how it works, you find out they have incredible customer service - so much so that it actually makes your day to interact with them. It is the most cost effective email software I found with extensive research and it works perfectly. Whatever you think you want it to do, it already does! We integrate it with Shopify and it works perfectly - just like every other aspect of it. Mailerlite has been the dominant reason why we have managed to successfully grow our sales by over 80% - during Covid!

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about it.

Danielle W.

• Customer Support Software

Everyone on their team goes above and beyond.

Reviewed on 2021-05-15

Pros

Their customer service makes the difference. I can contact them at ANY TIME and receive thorough help. They will troubleshoot with me until I can figure out a way to make something happen. Their deliverability is amazing. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are my FAVORITES. They always put in a lot of time answering my questions and giving me the most thorough responses.

Cons

I feel their actual DIRECTIONS and tutorials are poor. It's their staff that makes the magic happen. Otherwise, I wouldn't know how to use half of their software options.

Response from MailerLite

Hi Danielle, we love to hear more feedback about our tutorials. We've also added a MailerLite academy to help our community with the know how's.

Any additional details you like to explain on how we can improve our tutorials can be sent via [email protected]

Cami S.

Easy all around!

Reviewed on 2021-03-18

So thrilled.

Pros

Love the user friendliness! It was easy to set up and the videos are so well done whenever I want to add efficiencies, have questions, or want to tweak my newsletters, they're so helpful! Also, the customer service is quick, responsive, kind, and great to work with!

Cons

I honestly don't have any qualms at this time and it's been almost a year.

not as user-friendly

Constant Contact

more approachable company.

Response from MailerLite

You've probably just used one of my favourite words out there ("qualms") - I'm glad to hear that everything is running smoothly.

One of our main values in MailerLite is to be mindful with our environment so whenever, I see a great company using MailerLite that also does the same, I get very excited!

Thank you for being part of the community.

- Lay

Heidi F.

• Customer Support Software

Best option, especially for the price!

Reviewed on 2021-08-31

Mailerlite has been great for my new business. I like that I can grow with it, starting out with the free version, then by the time I had to start paying I had some income so it didn't feel like as much of a stretch.

Pros

Mailerlite is way less expensive than other ESPs I've looked at but seems to provide the same service. Customer service is also fantastic and they're always able to fix my issues.

Cons

Sometimes I find it difficult to find specific numbers and analytics I'm interested in. I believe there are ways to get there but that aspect is not very easy for me to navigate.

Response from MailerLite

High five for being with us Heidi! We've also like to share that we've been listening to our users and their feedback on our analytics, so watch out in the future for new things popping up!

Jennifer D.

Wonderful!

Reviewed on 2021-06-03

Pros

This software is a wonderful, feature-packed tool for the nonprofit sector! We have truly enjoyed using MailerLite.

Cons

At the moment, the Gallery feature is not working in our newsletters, but we are hoping to troubleshoot it for our next mailer.

Marketing 360 and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

We were using the free version of MailChimp, and upgrading was more expensive. We started shopping around and found MailerLite and we could not be happier

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

Cost was our determining factor

Response from MailerLite

Hey Jennifer, I wanted to first say how amazing your company is! I respect the work that is done with training a dog to be a service dog and how amazing of an aid it is to those in need. We underestimate the love and healing that animals can give to us. I can rant forever on this but will focus now :)

Thank you for the review! Truly appreciate it - I've tried to have a look into your account to see what the issue might with the gallery feature. Unfortunately, I do not have enough details at the moment from your end to reach out to support for you.

I would advise to just in touch with our support team and see if they can help you out - they're basically our superheroes in our company. Just email them at [email protected]

Suzanne S.
  • Industry: Veterinary Software

Great features, terrible support

Reviewed on 2019-12-01

Overall, the experience has been good because the authors already have an account set up, and we have never had to contact support. My experience with their lack of support has left a bad taste in my mouth, however.

Pros

Mailerlite has lot of great features that you can use in your emails - polls, up/down arrows for rating things, and an easy, intuitive interface that makes it easy to learn and use. I use it for the authors I work with, and it does what it says on the tin and more.

Cons

I tried setting up an account for myself, because I liked how user-friendly it was. I received an email saying basically they were refusing to allow me to set up an account, and suggested that I could appeal. I sent numerous emails, which to this day (probably at least three months as at the end of November) no one has ever replied. I have looked inside my spam, my inbox, and there has been no reply. Their contact form did not yield any better results.

Response from MailerLite

Hello Suzanne,

I am really sorry that you've experienced difficulties when trying to set up your account.

If you would like me to look into this, could you send an email to [email protected] and request that the ticket is assigned to Paul.

Thank you!

Danielle M.
  • Industry: Design

Dead easy email marketing for those who need automation

Reviewed on 2021-02-10

I am able to get a new client setup on MailerLite in just a few minutes and have their list going easily. This makes it a great option for new business owners who don't really want a complicated system and who just send casual newsletters.

Pros

This is pretty much the EASIEST email marketing system I've ever used. Yes, even easier than Mailchimp. It's super easy to just setup and go. I love the interface, it's simple and clean.

Cons

I can't think of one thing I dislike about MailerLite. It has everything I need. I guess the fact that it has no fancy bells and whistles which is fine really!

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

Client did not like all the extra stuff Mailchimp has that she said she would never use.

Response from MailerLite

While we love a good ol' fancy bell we also love keeping it simple for all of our community. Thanks for the lovely review Danielle.

It's our pleasure to have you around.

- Lay

Sophie C.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Above and Beyond Customer Service

Reviewed on 2021-03-27

We are using MailerLite to set up a paid subscription and our experience has been perfect so far.

Pros

The customer service is absolutely phenomenal (particularly [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who has been helping me to get everything set up and spent hours with me doing so). I really couldn't fault the platform so far. We've been able to achieve everything we've needed to successfully manage a paid subscription.

Cons

There hasn't yet been anything I've found to dislike about this.

ConvertKit

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

It offered everything we needed at a lower price point.

Response from MailerLite

Hi Sophie, I have to say that I love checking the great companies that join our community and yours and Adam's does not disappoint!

Your Milky Way photography is beyond beautiful!

Glad to also hear how smooth things have been going for you with us - if there's anything you need, you know where to find us.

- Lay

• Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Proficient emailer!

Reviewed on 2019-11-03

It was a breeze to use this app to send out emails.

Pros

The easy of use. Campaign creation is effortless, simple.
The interface is friendly, and the options to create emails are plentiful.
For me, training the team members on how to use this was very straightforward. It offers almost all the features you require, automation, AB testing, scheduling, creating landing pages, database manipulation, etc, analytics linking.,

Cons

Although the email blocks' options are plenty but could offer more options to play around with (especially with email formatting).

Brooke D.

Love Mailerlite

Reviewed on 2021-07-20

As a small business where I am the sole proprietor, Mailerlite offers great value, functionality, and the ease of use that I need.

Pros

I love that Mailerlite is easy to use, it’s functional and has the basics of what I need for my business, for what it provides it is awesome value, and their customer service is amazing!

Cons

I love Mailerlite and have very few cons about this platform. I do wish they had a few more campaign template designs. But for the value given, I can’t complain.

Mailchimp and ConvertKit

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

The great value provided and ease of use.

Response from MailerLite

Love to hear you are with us! Thank you for the review, Brooke.

Micaela M.

Great Customer Support & Ease of Use

Reviewed on 2021-05-10

I often have had questions about how to utilize features and the mailerlite team has always been so quick to respond with detailed, step-by-step instructions - when you're new to something like this that's super important.

Pros

I tried a few products before this, and this was by far the most simple to use, most affordable, and easily creates create beautiful emails & landing pages.

Cons

So far I haven't encountered anything yet that it hasn't been able to do. Even when I thought it couldn't do something I just emailed support and they guided me on how to do what I needed to do.

Response from MailerLite

Hey Micaela, love your site by the way! Big fan of being able to find all your healthy home workout and meal plans in one place.

Glad you're part of our community.

- Lay

Piet H.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Simple yet powerful application

Reviewed on 2021-08-13

I wanted to quit Aweber, so I tried several autoresponders, Mailerlite is for me the winner.

Pros

The unique subscribers list with segments, the split tests capabilities, the video tutorials, the very quick and helpful support by chat, the stats and much more...

Cons

The price is a little too high for large lists of leads in a niche market

Response from MailerLite

We do enjoy being called a winner ;).

Thanks a lot for the very kind words Piet.

Robert S.

take care with mailerlite

Reviewed on 2014-09-02

Take care with mailerlite, they want to pay them in advance and after 3 ,4 month they change the rule. I work with them i pay them 1000 $ in advance and after 4 months my email campaign do not go into clinet inbox. i have every month problem with them: in one month do not work unsubscribe system, in one month do not split correct in groups and in the last period they do not deliver email to inbox. i create different email address n different public email services and i put in the list o and the email do not arrive in inbox (they change the algorithm, because in first 2-3 month do not have this problem). based on that after 5 months i told them that i do not want to use their service and i want money back for the period that i do not use it, and they told me that they do not refund money (when i discuss with them before to pay them they told me that they will give me money back if i do not not have spam more than 0,1%, if they do not block my account and other rules and i respect all that rules). They consider 100.000 emails plan only unique email, so if you add email and people unsubscribe you cannot add other subscribers ,so in few months you pay for 100.000 subscribers and will have only 85.000, but you pay all year for 100.000. they change the rule after i pay, after 2, 3 months.
I use this kind of service for long time but mailer lite is the worst and unprofessional service that i use. If you want to work with them be careful with them because it is not trustful. They take you money and after 6 month, this is my case, they will told you "we re sorry that you are not satisfy by our service but we will not refund your money". If you choose them you will loose money, so choose carefully.

Pros

small price

Cons

a lot of problems with the platform, they change the rule after some time, they are not trustful

Response from MailerLite

Thanks for your comment. I would like to note that deliverability depends not only on our servers, but on client's domain reputation, newsletter and it's content etc. So we always react to all requests and try to solve all problems together with our client. As for the refunds - it's correct, we do not provide refunds, especially when client was using the system and sent a big number of newsletters via us. And you've misunderstood something, because we could not tell such thing as " they will give me money back if i do not not have spam more than 0,1%, if they do not block my account and other rules and i respect all that rules". The last thing regarding the plans: we count subscriber to your plan's limit when the first newsletter is sent to that email address. We allow 100% unlimited newsletters sending so it's fair enough that we have limits for unique subscribers used during the billing period. All in all, problems can always be solved together if both sides are interested in this.