MailerLite

Email marketing software for smart business

4.5 /5 (335 reviews) Write a Review!
4.5
Industry: Higher Education

Easy to use Email Campaign Builder

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020-10-09

MailerLite is easy to use and their team has been very responsive. For example. when we had to upgrade our license as we had hit our subscriber count, last minute, on a Friday, I was stressing! They got our license updated quickly so I could get my time sensitive email out on time.

Pros

This software was easy to implement and use! We have a period of high traffic where we have to reach out to multiple segments with customized information. MailerLite takes the stress out of it. It is easy to manage our subscriber list and I appreciate the intuitive advanced recipient settings that allow me to build in logic based on subscriber segments for sending email campaigns. The simple and easy to use stats let me see what is working. We compare this to a response/action in another system, as our emails are targeting groups with a call to action. I also like how easy it is to copy existing campaigns and easily modify them for different segments. I can build up all my campaigns and have them scheduled to help manage our 'traffic' in our office and systems. I also found that we can set up templates once we have customized the content to help maintain brand consistency, which saves us time and ensures the necessary details are included. I like that I can easily preview and test campaigns - mostly that I can view the desktop and mobile in the browser.

Cons

I've used other software that let us to custom html email design. The built in content builder can be a bit challenging if you really want to customize for a specific look. That being said, the content builder is made to let anyone easily and quickly create emails.

Shayne H.

Every Start-Up's Sidekick!

Reviewed on 2019-04-07

I am a Marketing Specialist by profession and software/tools like this make my job so much easier, for which I am very grateful!

I recently stumbled upon MailerLite when I was building my E-Commerce website. Previously, I used to use MailChimp (Also a great tool and I currently use it only at work).

Mailerlite seamlessly integrated with my Shopify Store and gave me so much power over my marketing strategies. In my opinion, it's the best E-mail Automation tool out there, with much more options and customizations that can help you craft powerful newsletters, landing pages, etc.

Pros

1) Highly Optimized And Responsive: MailerLite helps me to design and create newsletters that look amazing on desktops, tablets, and mobiles.

2) Design Capabilities: It's safe to say that the design capabilities that MailerLite gives you are far better than any other similar product in its segment. What I mean to say is, the "little things" that MailerLite allows you to do can add significant value to the way you market! For example, there are a number of templates that can enable you to have "buttons" attached to an image (Perfect CTA's by the way). Also, there are several heading options for my newsletters where I can have my company name and logo or either one at the beginning of them. These, of course, are just a few examples I could think of straight off the bat.

3) Easy Integration: Connection my domain with MailerLite was a lot easier than I expected - with a swift and seamless integration process.

4) No Learning Curve Required: MailerLite is incredibly simple to use and it won't take you long to get the hang of it.

5) Affordability: The title of my review says it all! MailerLite is a blessing for startups on a budget who don't have money to throw around. There are 5 different pricing models that include one "freemium" version as well. However, if you are using it for business purposes, I suggest you use their starter plan that will unlock all features and allow you to send unlimited emails. Remember, looking professional is key!

Cons

1) Slightly Laggy: MailerLite can occasionally become laggy and starts freezing when you import a lot of contacts. Now, I don't really know if this is due to my hardware set up (which is quite recent), but I've asked around and I've gotten mixed opinions about this.

2) Customization Options: It would be really great if MailerLite introduces some more Landing Page customization options in the near future. Whatever be the case, it's still the best E-mail Automation software, in my opinion.

Danielle G.
Industry: E-Learning
Company size: Self Employed

The best autoresponder out there

Reviewed on 2019-07-22

I love Mailerlite and recommend it to my clients.

Pros

I love that it is easy to use and is available in more languages, not just in English.

Cons

Would be nice if the knowledge base and support was also available in French.

Industry: Computer Software

Solid GDPR-Compliant Mail-Software

Reviewed on 2019-09-30

Pros

I like most that you can track all the user information super simple (signup confirmation, which emails they received etc). So when you get a request of a newsletter subscriber you can just send him this document they offer.

Cons

Sometimes the support during rush hours is not the fastest.

Adeleke S.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Advanced Email Marketing Simplified

Reviewed on 2018-09-07

Overall: As a digital marketing agency.

It is easy to integrate MailerLite account with my WordPress Websites by using the available WordPress plugin.

Sales automations is made easy without any technical experience required.

The Ease-Of-Use of MailerLite has increased my email list and also guarantees successful delivery of email campaigns to the intended recipients.

Pros

Mailerlite provides a complete email marketing solution.

What makes it unique from others is its EASE OF USE.

The intuitive and user-friendly interface makes it easy to design beautiful and highly converting landing pages and pop-up forms.

Their dashboard makes it easy to manage subscribers.

The price is flexible and affordable relatively compared to the value gotten from the service.

Cons

As simple and easy Mailerlite is, the least thing I liked about Mailerlite is the fact that I find it difficult to get new accounts approved even though all requirements are met verifying with a custom email account.

And the support team doesn't have any tangible reason to backup their claims.

As this is the main problem I've been facing because I'd love to integrate Mailerlite on my clients' website.

Katie M.
Industry: Religious Institutions

LOVE IT!

Reviewed on 2018-09-25

I switched from Mailchimp to Mailerlite and i haven't looked back since. This is my go-to favorite e-mail campaign program. I have the app on my phone it's easy to use can't really create campains on the app but you can have them pre-made (draft's) and send from the phone I believe. Love it i wouldn't look to any other system to send e-mails to my subscribers.

My favorite feature though is i can integrate a pop up subscribe button into a blog post (with a little tweaking of their code) to act as a lead magnet!

Pros

- automated campaigns
- strict anti-spam rules (the staff checks!)
- easy to navigate and use
- groups to break down subscribers by interest (purchasers/rings/ watches) etc.
- Campaigns can be scheduled.
- landing pages and integrated (pop up) sign up boxes (great for creating lead magnets in blog posts!)
- it has a app where you can add subscribers *what I needed* check your past campaign stats.

Cons

- Could use a bit more templates
- Could use some explaining/ training video's

Industry: Architecture & Planning
Company size: Self Employed

The best free version capabilities ever

Reviewed on 2019-07-19

Pros

After trying multiple email marketing platforms, a friend recommended Mailerlite for my small business. Since we were just starting out with email marketing, we didn't want to spend extra bucks on a monthly subscription and were on the hunt for a good free version that had most of the capabilities we were looking for as we started out. Mailerlite's free version had literally everything we were looking for! It had email automation, beautiful looking pop-up forms for our website, variety of email formats including plain text emails, easy organization of subscriber groups, and it was enough for our small list of subscribers. I was in awe from day 1 of using it!

Cons

I think its WordPress plugin can use some improvement and extended capabilities.

Nick E.
Industry: Financial Services

Reviewed on 2020-12-04

Pros

Overall the platform is very easy to use. I did have an issue adding more than one image to an email, I sent a request for help and received a response in 2 minutes, amazing!

Cons

Most of the emails sent go to their "promotion" page. The one time it was sent out to everyone's main email, I had double the response. Not sure how this works.

Response from The Remote Company

Hi Nick, glad to hear our support team was there for you. As for your promotion page issue, I believe Gmail may have changed the way it filters emails. Switching to rich text editor instead of drag and drop might be a solution.

If you want to know more, please do get in touch with our support team, and they can give you further detail.

Excellent email service for the solopreneur

Reviewed on 2018-04-05

Pros

MailerLite is really easy to set up and use for basic broadcast emails. Automation features are very good and constantly improving. As the service has become more popular, other apps like Thrive Leads and Facebook have made integrations, which makes for a more seamless onboarding process. The customer service is personal and real making the company a pleasure to work with.

Cons

While there are lots of pre-made email templates to choose from and options for customization of emails, MailerLite has no templates for embedded opt-in forms and few options for customization (such as adding an image) unless you modify the html code on your site. A workaround is to connect MailerLite with an opt-in form app such as Thrive Leads.

Jacqui P.

Easy to use and an asset

Reviewed on 2018-03-28

Pros

I like the customer support. Always helpful and I come away satisfied with the answers. The ease of using this software is second to none. I´ve used other, well known, similar services and found them hard to get my head around.

Cons

I can´t really say there are any cons to the software. Usually, there is a way of doing everything I want.

Sean F.

Great customer service, tools, and value

Reviewed on 2018-03-27

Pros

The customer service and value. They are always quick to respond to questions, and their pricing is way lower than other services.

Cons

It could be a little more intuitive, and have a few more software features. There are other mailing services that have a little more in-depth tools, but I'm sure Mailerlite will implement them as they go along.

Dan V.

Mailerlite has been an awesome email service provider. I highly recommend them.

Reviewed on 2018-03-27

Pros

Mailerlite is full featured, and easy to use. But their customer support is fantastic. Always there, friendly, competent, and quick to help. They also have an easy to use API that I use to power every aspect of my site communication. And to be honest, I love their blog, where they are regularly sharing insights into how their company operates. Always inspiring and full of ideas. Can't recommend them highly enough.

Cons

No complaints, really. There are one or two features I'd like to see them add, and have sent in feature requests for these. But generally there are workarounds. And they are constantly adding new features, so they will probably show up eventually.

Ansel G.

Outstanding company philosophies, culture and customer service!

Reviewed on 2018-03-27

Pros

Very easy to use and extremely well priced. They are always improving the system and have recently added new integrations.

Cons

I would like to see a feature that allows you to save snippets (blocks) from other newsletters. But they will probably add this feature soon. They are always improving it.

Cat J.
Industry: Entertainment

The best value I've found

Reviewed on 2018-03-27

Easy to use. Great price.

Pros

Real people offer real help the few times I've had a question or a problem. A quick, easy and efficient program with plenty of features, integrations and functions for my particular needs. I left another newsletter service in favor of Mailerlite and have no regrets (and I have more money in the bank because of that decision).

Cons

There are a couple of features on my wish list but Mailerlite continues to improve so I have faith for the future.

Tami L.
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Perfect For "Non-Experts"

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018-03-29

Pros

* cost - less than half the cost of MC and basically the same product
Note - I use Mailerlite to send a newsletter associated with the romance books I write & publish. I manage 2 different newsletters and send them on average twice a month.
* customer service - always super friendly and helpful
* ease of use - they have templates or you can build your own from scratch, and then simply copy it each time and modify as necessary.
* easy to upload your list from your previous vendor when you switch.

Cons

* Can't really think of anything I don't like about the software. It's worked really well for me thus far.

Jose L.

Easy to Use Email Tool

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019-04-02

Overall I really liked Mailer Lite. I’m a beginner at doing the mass email thing, and this is a great tool to get started with.

Pros

There’s several things I like the most about Mailer Lite. The first thing is that they have a FREE plan to send unlimited number emails to 1,000 subscribers. That’s more than a lot of the other competitors. I love the way it looks and how easy it is to use. They even have templates for the email, and you can preview the templates so you can get a sense of how your newsletter will look. One cool feature about this is the ability to create and design a landing page hosted by them using your own domain.

Cons

Even though they have like the lowest prices in this category, and you still don’t get all the “cool things” you would get as a pro user with the free plan. It would be really cool to make a span or design testing tool for free.

Stuart B.
Company size: Self Employed

A well-designed and affordable mailing system

Reviewed on 2017-01-10

I've tried a bunch of email providers and settled finally on MailerLite. It's affordable but has all the features you would want, like automation, drip campaigns, integrations with other systems. It's quite nice. And it's free for less than 1000 subscribers, so it's a good solution for newer startups that don't have a big budget or a big list.

I integrate it with my popups on my website, and I can snag an email address from a site visitor and then send them a series of emails over two weeks to bring them onboard. It works well for newsletters too.

Pros

Affordability, tons of features. It's great for automation of email sequences, plus drip campaigns.

Cons

I got confused at first about how to set up a drip to go out to an existing list. Not everything is always super clear on the more advanced features.

Industry: Retail

When it comes to send just an email - Mailerlite

Reviewed on 2018-04-11

Pros

After researching for a service providing free entry level for a startup project i found MailerLite. It was promising because it has a nice visual builder and few predefined email templates. The structure of the application is clear and there are no questions such as WHERE CAN I FIND THIS OR THAT...

Cons

The problem comes when I notice that the number of contacts that I am sending emails is getting lower.
Initially, I imported around 6500 contacts, and after few email campaigns, available contacts were to around 6300. It was weird to me how it is possible... After few days the support answers me with a straight answer - All bounced emails are removed from my mailing lists automatically - well that was understandable, BUT without notice or notification?!?
The worst was when I started receiving bills. I was charged for all emails that were in my account, even those that were bounced. There was not a tool just to delete the bounced emails because nobody wants to pay for something that is not using. After three months I ended with almost 600 blocked email contacts witch I had to pay for!
I made few tests with email addresses from my friends. All they had an email in Bulgarian largest email provider - ABV.BG. Guess what - all these three emails were bounced. That was the end with my experience with MailerLite.

Recently I created another account just to check how the project is going on. I was surprised to see that almost nothing was changed for almost a year! This software lack probably one of the most important features these days - AUTOMATION for eCommerce.

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Isis A.
Company size: Self Employed

AWESOME!! I love Mailerlite!

Reviewed on 2016-11-22

After years of being frustrated paying monthly for mailchimp while building my super small online business, I found Mailerlite. The free service up to 1,000 subscribers is incredible, and their customer service is amazing, prompt, and very professional. They continue to add services, and I love the ability to create web forms like popups, squeeze pages, and I even make sales pages with them. It's a nice, light interface, super easy to use.

I only gave 4 stars fro ease and features simply because they're constantly improving, and the subscriber targeting process is a little more complicated at the moment. But customer service walked me through it, and took my suggestions for adding more targeting features.

Overall, I'm super impressed and I refer all my friends to Mailerlite!

Pros

Free up to 1,000 subscribers, including autoresponders and customizable web forms are great features for newbie business people!

Cons

Very small point here, but Mailerlite could add a few easier to find options for targeting subscribers based on their activity, such as non-opens, clicks on links, etc.

Response from MailerLite

Hello Isis, thank you so much for your great review! It means a lot to our team :)

Ivan M.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

People behind MailerLite do their best

Reviewed on 2016-10-25

I have started using MailerLite 1.5 year ago. It was one of the cheapest mail software those days.
It is relatively easy to use with "drag and drop" option.

Pros

-Relatively cheap price for yearly payments.
- Landing page integration
- Autoresponder
- Good support

Cons

- Lack of usability and user experience
- I need few extra clicks to finish the job.
- Old design
- Price rised in last year.

Armando R.
Industry: Media Production
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Mailerlite dont break your bank

Reviewed on 2019-04-23

Ive set Mailerlite for my business and for some clients that i recommend it. Mostly i use it for marketing mail and segmentation tasks.

Pros

Mailerlite just works great out of the box. I love how easy it is to create automation in a breeze and without complexity.
Segmentation and tagging is very valuable. All that with a much better price than the competition.

Cons

I can't see any con in Mailerlite that makes me unhappy.

Nate M.
Industry: Music
Company size: Self Employed

The best email marketing tool for me

Reviewed on 2019-03-07

Pros

Ease-of-use, price, customer support, functionality, integrations...the list goes on!

Cons

Only that it still has less integrations than some of the better-known platforms (mailchimp, et al). And, even that is changing fast!

Edgar H.
Industry: Religious Institutions

For me just the best priced email-marketing tool and lot of features

Reorganized my email-marketing

Pros

For me just the best priced email-marketing tool and lot of features. For me just the best priced email-marketing tool and lot of features

Cynthia V.

Mailerlite's customer support is great

Reviewed on 2018-03-28

I'm an author and it lets me easily send newsletters to my readers.

Pros

I am not a techie at all and yet it is very user-friendly even for me. After a short time familiarizing myself with it I was up and running.

Cons

Not much. I'm very happy with Mailerlite and really can't think of anything I like least about it.

Jennifer M.

Excellent product and service

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018-03-27

Pros

MailerLite is a fantastic mailer service. It's easy to navigate and understand. They provide a good amount of tools to make newsletter campaigns look professional. And their subscriber sorting options are awesome!

Cons

I believe some email companies allow their subscribers to view emails/newsletters without technically marking as open, which I think affects the "open" stats of my campaigns. I'm unsure if this is technically a con for MailerLite, though. More on the email company's end. But if there were a way to know for certain, I would be able to adjust my subscriber list accordingly.