Recurly

4.6/5

Edgardo G.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

• Customer Support Software

Recurly Covers all your billing needs

Reviewed on 2020-05-20

Recurly has the best subscription billing service that I have worked with (I have used several). Their costs are fair and as mentioned previously, the freedom I have to set up everything the way I want to based on my needs is the reason why we will continue to use this service.

Pros

What I like the most about Recurly is the versatility, I have many options to send customized discounts, codes, create plans, edit renewals dates, process manual payments, send invoices, set up alerts, customize invoices and provide credits.

Cons

If I can say anything that I don't like is that sometimes a pop-up comes up for support and gets in the way of me working when I'm not looking to contact support. I understand the platform is just letting me know I can contact support for any issues and how but for experience users that know how to do this already, it can just be a little annoying.

Shannon F.
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

• Customer Support Software

Brief overview of Recurly from a daily user

Reviewed on 2021-09-16

Pros

Dunning management, ease of editing, searchability and filters make location various transactions easier.

UI/UX is on point.

Cons

Helps docs could be updated. It feels like they’re written for developers, but not always for the daily user.

Michael R.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Saves time and makes you money

Reviewed on 2017-02-10

I recommend Recurly every chance I get. This product is awesome for managing recurring payments. If you have any type of recurring payments that have kept you busy running credit cards every month, you need to consider this software. Its features make taking monthly or annual fees a snap. Customers can get notifications prior to the charge. They also have options to make it convenient for the customer to opt out or cancel memberships, which can save you, even more, time. The cost is great, too - far less in the long run than paying an employee to manage recurring charges. Use Recurly and you can free up time to invest in your business and make more money.

Pros

Easy to use.
Cost effective.
Time-saver

Ryan J.

Recurly - Effective, Convenient, Easy To Use

Reviewed on 2020-05-21

Spellbinding.

Pros

I like that Recurly keeps it simple and to the point. Time IS money after all, right? It's nice to be able to log in and find what I need quickly through straightforward navigation. An excellent tool.

Cons

Not much to complain about so far. We have been happy with our experience thus far.

Steve D.
  • Industry: Publishing

Excellent support

Reviewed on 2020-04-29

Super.

Pros

The software is good, the API and connetivity is good, the new catalog upgrade will be very helpful for us. and the support team is EXCELLENT.

Cons

Some of hte API limiataions for add-on products. But: it seems that the catalog update may have solved thsoe.

Ryan N.

• Customer Support Software

Great billing and subscription management tool!

Reviewed on 2020-09-12

We've had no issues with the service whatsoever, so my overall experience with Recurly has been very positive! At my previous company, we used an ancient subscription management tool that worked but was very painful to use at every step. Recurly's modern UI, simple UX, and excellent customer care team have really allowed me to focus on business growth.

Pros

Ease of use. Recurly enables us to have several Personal and Enterprise subscription models tightly integrated with our payment providers and our own backend systems.

Cons

The permissioning system could be a bit more granular. I'd like to restrict my agents a bit more, without hindering their ability to service our customers.

Great Billing Management System

Reviewed on 2018-06-11

Subscription Management

Pros

The functionality and the support are amazing. Recurly is a tool we use almost daily to manage subscriptions and I couldn't ask for a better tool.

Cons

Coupons! Coupons are an absolute pain to add-in, especially if the subscription expired with a coupon already attached.

Great UI and simple to use

Reviewed on 2017-12-07

Pros

The UI is amazing. I use products like Stripe as well and I find the experience much simple and customizable.

Cons

The reports and analysis section can be a lot more customizable. We find it a bit difficult to collect the exact data we require for our month end analysis.

Becky jewell L.

Elegant and Simple Solution for Small-to-Midsize Business

Reviewed on 2018-02-07

Our sales reps and admins can use the software easily with very little training.

When I offer consulting services to small businesses, I often recommend that they start billing services with Recurly - and I'm not even a Recurly affiliate! My clients do well with Recurly, which helps me do well.

Pros

It's easy to see payments and overdue accounts. Updating credit cards is easy to do, and it is easy for our reps and admins to use.

Kamil R.

Advanced and sophisticated

Reviewed on 2018-03-08

Subscription management

Pros

Recurly is a top of the top subscription management system - it gives us all we need to run saas business without putting too much development into billing issues.

Cons

Its functionalities and very broad but when it comes to details it sometimes lacks flexibility when you want to arrange something specific for your business.

Great tool for managing subscriptions

Reviewed on 2019-08-14

Pros

Recurly is a solution I use which gives me billing functions and enables me to track subscriptions and customers. I like that it integrates with multiple payment gateways and that it offers a sandbox environment for testing and trying out new things.

Cons

I like all of it, but maybe there could be more reporting and customization options.

John K.
  • Industry: Legal Services

New miserable experience

Reviewed on 2019-01-11

Regret selecting this product for use. Go with a firm that will provide customer support that will actually help you.

Pros

Yet to find a feature I like. Still trying to work through simple setup with Recurly. Maybe one day it will be setup - losing money every day because of bad support.

Cons

Terrible on-boarding support. Wish Recurly had a better customer service team that would help setup the product. I just get a run around that they don't have the correct information even though all other providers said that is all the information needed.

Jon H.

• Customer Support Software

Super easy to integrate and manage

Reviewed on 2015-10-30

As a SaaS company, we'd rather focus on our service, not wrestling with billing software. Recurly makes it easy to plug subscription billing into our product without worries.

Response from Recurly

Thank you Jon. We love having you as a customer!

Mateusz P.

• Customer Support Software

Great way to manage subscription payments

Reviewed on 2018-07-11

Pros

An effective way to manage subscriptions payments without large commissions, easy coupons/credits creation.

Cons

Could be more user-friendly for software's beginners. Would be great to see a tutorial on how to use a software.

Poohan N.
  • Industry: Automotive

Disappointing customer support

Reviewed on 2020-03-12

Pros

decent interface. good integration functionality although this breaks every so often.

Cons

Customer service was disappointing at best. Charged us thousands of dollars for collecting on a single bill.
We flagged this to them multiple times but got passed around 5 different customer support people and eventually told us that they wouldn't entertain our request. We have been a customer of theirs for over three years and its so disappointing to feel ripped off this way.

Sundeep G.

Recurly - We love it

Reviewed on 2019-10-20

Pros

Recurly makes it easy for us to manage subscriptions and manage billing. There is absolutely no complication involved.

Cons

Setting up Recurly needs little technical assistance without which it becomes little difficult. However this is a great platform

Casimir L.

• Customer Support Software

Recurly reduces churn and makes it so I don't have to think about my billing system

Reviewed on 2020-05-22

Everything to do with billing

Pros

Definitely the churn reduction features and knowing that a team of experts are worrying about the details instead of me

Cons

Sometimes I feel that they are focusing too much on enterprise and not on the little guy. Having said that, they still have a kickass set of features for the little guy.

Chargebee and Chargify

Reasons for Switching to Recurly

Because it was obviously the best
  • Industry: Design

• Customer Support Software

Not great, but the best reoccurring billing platform.

Reviewed on 2018-04-29

Pros

- Most advanced tool in the space.
- Ability to customize checkouts with reculry.js
- lots of flexibility in ways to use the platform

Cons

- Wish the exported reports were betting (can't see how many days left in an ending subscrtiption in export -- so can't follow up with them. Can only see number of remaining occurences but if you offer monthly and annual for example you have to custom segment that information)
- Wish the analytics were better (better insight into plan peformance, churn by plan etc.)
- Better email targeting (currently not able to target endings trials unless the plan has a trial, not if they use a trial coupon -- lots of small issues like this across the platform.)
- The emails sent from recurly servers end up in spam often for our customers.

Lorin Q.

• Customer Support Software

What use to take our company hours, now takes minutes.

Reviewed on 2018-02-07

Pros

The program has completely transformed our billing department. The interface is pretty user friendly, but I would say the biggest pro is their support team. The chat box is always available and they answer your questions within seconds.

Cons

The learning curve of how exactly the program works and predesigned, was a little difficult to overcome. There are too many automatic emails sent out, so you really need to know how to navigate & turn them off (or know that they're even being sent out in the first place).

• Customer Support Software

Saves us tons of developer time

Reviewed on 2018-06-24

Pros

Recurly is really easy and functional. If you need to bill customers every month and don't want to build it yourself, recurly fits the bill

Cons

They take a large cut of billings that we run through the platform. We are looking to transition away as a result.

Chris H.

Using the site

Reviewed on 2021-09-08

Pros

I work with the site for an employment.

Cons

there are times that the site crashes and doesnt do things right

Nick G.
  • Industry: Hospitality

• Customer Support Software

Recurly to centralize your subscription billing

Reviewed on 2018-10-09

This software is used to keep track of billing for our customers. We also use it to keep track of who is active and who is inactive.

Pros

I really like how this software keeps track of all your subscriptions and your balance.

Cons

I least liked the renewal bot and find that customers are having their canceled subscriptions automatically renewed by the renewal bot.

Must have for SaaS billing

Reviewed on 2018-03-24

Pros

The ability to set recurring billing on automation is a must have for any SaaS platform. Recurly makes it very simple to get going. Not to mention they provide all the tools needed to apply coupons, promos, refunds, dunning and more.

Cons

The price can feel brutal. Since you pay not only for the software but for a percentage of your MRR, that means it can quickly grow as you grow.

Timur D.

Organized Chaos

Reviewed on 2020-05-22

Pros

I love how everything is easy to use, it gives you control over a lot of things that stripe does not.

Cons

Price is a bit on the high side if that was not the case it will be amazing

Eric R.

• Customer Support Software

Recurly is the most user friendly subscription UI on the market

Reviewed on 2020-03-05

Recurly is the best solution for companies with a handful of products to scale. If you are using the admin UI to do billing like I am it is a very clear tool to implement and use day-to-day.

Pros

I love the flexibility in setting up subscriptions: future start, bill forward, automatic, % or $ discounts. Recurly makes it easy and does exception handling well.

Cons

Slow to roll out new features. Sometimes you set up multiple subscriptions to fire out at the same time, but they will send separately. For some reason Recurly only let's you choose the HOUR (in UTC) that a subscription occurs at, but Recurly sometimes changes the MINUTE. Very frustrating as an admin to manage that somewhat confusing anomaly.

Zuora

Reasons for Switching to Recurly

Price at current scale was more economical.