4.5
4.3
4.6
Chris L.
Industry: Consumer Services

Pretty much all you need.

Reviewed on 2020-05-22

Easy to track what was invoiced and if an item line is recurring.

Pros

Easy to set up, easy for customers to update their billing information and review invoices, and its automatic revenue recoveries.

Cons

Would be nice of they could include "usernames" in their data spreadsheet so it's easy for me to navigate and filter. The usernames are available, but apparently is not used for data.

Timur D.

Organized Chaos

Reviewed on 2020-05-22

Pros

I love how everything is easy to use, it gives you control over a lot of things that stripe does not.

Cons

Price is a bit on the high side if that was not the case it will be amazing

Eric R.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Recurly is the most user friendly subscription UI on the market

Reviewed on 2020-03-05

Recurly is the best solution for companies with a handful of products to scale. If you are using the admin UI to do billing like I am it is a very clear tool to implement and use day-to-day.

Pros

I love the flexibility in setting up subscriptions: future start, bill forward, automatic, % or $ discounts. Recurly makes it easy and does exception handling well.

Cons

Slow to roll out new features. Sometimes you set up multiple subscriptions to fire out at the same time, but they will send separately. For some reason Recurly only let's you choose the HOUR (in UTC) that a subscription occurs at, but Recurly sometimes changes the MINUTE. Very frustrating as an admin to manage that somewhat confusing anomaly.

Must have for SaaS billing

Reviewed on 2018-03-24

Pros

The ability to set recurring billing on automation is a must have for any SaaS platform. Recurly makes it very simple to get going. Not to mention they provide all the tools needed to apply coupons, promos, refunds, dunning and more.

Cons

The price can feel brutal. Since you pay not only for the software but for a percentage of your MRR, that means it can quickly grow as you grow.

Recurly is wonderful!

Reviewed on 2019-05-03

Pros

I love how easy it is to help customers out by checking on their accounts and helping them with any billing related issues. It's really so wonderful to use!

Cons

Not much really! It's super easy to use and they never have any issues.

Mona M.
Industry: Medical Practice

Solid billing platform

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2019-08-01

Overall, I have had a positive experience with Recurly. I have used many billing platforms and this might be one of the easiest.

Pros

The ability to set recurring billing on automation is great and easy to set up. Plus their customers service team is awesome and always their when you need them. It's also very easy to add new members or terminate existing. You don't have to go through a million steps like other softwares.

Cons

Emails go to spam most of the time and the cost is kind of high.

Jeremy R.

Awesome Billing Tool

Reviewed on 2018-12-12

Pros

Recurly is a great tool for subscription billing. It has a lot of functionality and flexibility. It is fairly easy to use and is always reliable.

Cons

Recurly is a great software but it is occasionally slow. I also think that the reporting functionality is lacking a bit.

Heather D.
Industry: Retail

I am a fan

Reviewed on 2015-08-04
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I enjoyed recurly! Easy, fast and not hard to learn. I would def recommend to a friend or colleague.

Cons

Cant think of anything right now. Which I say is a very good thing.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Paula P.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Recurly

Reviewed on 2020-02-19

Pros

I like it how you can keep all the financial information of a customer in only one place. It contains all history of the contract, all payment and billing information. Everyone who access Recurly can get that info without the need of asking someone in charge.

Cons

It gets confusing when there's a lot of logs and movements.

Lauren S.

Serves it's purpose

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018-02-27
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

- easy to navigate portal
- easy to connect to payment processor
- easy to run reporting
- one single report includes all necessary information to summarize monthly bookings

Cons

- doesn't have a ton of functionality, portal is fairly basic
- best for small business due to limited functionality

Edgardo G.
Industry: Consumer Services

Recurly Covers all your billing needs

Reviewed on 2020-05-20

Recurly has the best subscription billing service that I have worked with (I have used several). Their costs are fair and as mentioned previously, the freedom I have to set up everything the way I want to based on my needs is the reason why we will continue to use this service.

Pros

What I like the most about Recurly is the versatility, I have many options to send customized discounts, codes, create plans, edit renewals dates, process manual payments, send invoices, set up alerts, customize invoices and provide credits.

Cons

If I can say anything that I don't like is that sometimes a pop-up comes up for support and gets in the way of me working when I'm not looking to contact support. I understand the platform is just letting me know I can contact support for any issues and how but for experience users that know how to do this already, it can just be a little annoying.

Ryan J.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Recurly - Effective, Convenient, Easy To Use

Reviewed on 2020-05-21

Spellbinding.

Pros

I like that Recurly keeps it simple and to the point. Time IS money after all, right? It's nice to be able to log in and find what I need quickly through straightforward navigation. An excellent tool.

Cons

Not much to complain about so far. We have been happy with our experience thus far.

Steve D.
Industry: Publishing

Excellent support

Reviewed on 2020-04-29

Super.

Pros

The software is good, the API and connetivity is good, the new catalog upgrade will be very helpful for us. and the support team is EXCELLENT.

Cons

Some of hte API limiataions for add-on products. But: it seems that the catalog update may have solved thsoe.

Michael R.
Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Saves time and makes you money

Reviewed on 2017-02-10
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I recommend Recurly every chance I get. This product is awesome for managing recurring payments. If you have any type of recurring payments that have kept you busy running credit cards every month, you need to consider this software. Its features make taking monthly or annual fees a snap. Customers can get notifications prior to the charge. They also have options to make it convenient for the customer to opt out or cancel memberships, which can save you, even more, time. The cost is great, too - far less in the long run than paying an employee to manage recurring charges. Use Recurly and you can free up time to invest in your business and make more money.

Pros

Easy to use.
Cost effective.
Time-saver

Ryan N.
Industry: E-Learning

Great billing and subscription management tool!

Reviewed on 2020-09-12

We've had no issues with the service whatsoever, so my overall experience with Recurly has been very positive! At my previous company, we used an ancient subscription management tool that worked but was very painful to use at every step. Recurly's modern UI, simple UX, and excellent customer care team have really allowed me to focus on business growth.

Pros

Ease of use. Recurly enables us to have several Personal and Enterprise subscription models tightly integrated with our payment providers and our own backend systems.

Cons

The permissioning system could be a bit more granular. I'd like to restrict my agents a bit more, without hindering their ability to service our customers.

Great Billing Management System

Reviewed on 2018-06-11

Subscription Management

Pros

The functionality and the support are amazing. Recurly is a tool we use almost daily to manage subscriptions and I couldn't ask for a better tool.

Cons

Coupons! Coupons are an absolute pain to add-in, especially if the subscription expired with a coupon already attached.

Industry: Internet

Great UI and simple to use

Reviewed on 2017-12-07

Pros

The UI is amazing. I use products like Stripe as well and I find the experience much simple and customizable.

Cons

The reports and analysis section can be a lot more customizable. We find it a bit difficult to collect the exact data we require for our month end analysis.

Becky jewell L.

Elegant and Simple Solution for Small-to-Midsize Business

Reviewed on 2018-02-07

Our sales reps and admins can use the software easily with very little training.

When I offer consulting services to small businesses, I often recommend that they start billing services with Recurly - and I'm not even a Recurly affiliate! My clients do well with Recurly, which helps me do well.

Pros

It's easy to see payments and overdue accounts. Updating credit cards is easy to do, and it is easy for our reps and admins to use.

Kamil R.

Advanced and sophisticated

Reviewed on 2018-03-08

Subscription management

Pros

Recurly is a top of the top subscription management system - it gives us all we need to run saas business without putting too much development into billing issues.

Cons

Its functionalities and very broad but when it comes to details it sometimes lacks flexibility when you want to arrange something specific for your business.

Company size: Self Employed

Great tool for managing subscriptions

Reviewed on 2019-08-14

Pros

Recurly is a solution I use which gives me billing functions and enables me to track subscriptions and customers. I like that it integrates with multiple payment gateways and that it offers a sandbox environment for testing and trying out new things.

Cons

I like all of it, but maybe there could be more reporting and customization options.

John K.
Industry: Legal Services

New miserable experience

Reviewed on 2019-01-11
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Regret selecting this product for use. Go with a firm that will provide customer support that will actually help you.

Pros

Yet to find a feature I like. Still trying to work through simple setup with Recurly. Maybe one day it will be setup - losing money every day because of bad support.

Cons

Terrible on-boarding support. Wish Recurly had a better customer service team that would help setup the product. I just get a run around that they don't have the correct information even though all other providers said that is all the information needed.

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Jon H.

Super easy to integrate and manage

Reviewed on 2015-10-30

As a SaaS company, we'd rather focus on our service, not wrestling with billing software. Recurly makes it easy to plug subscription billing into our product without worries.

Response from Recurly

Thank you Jon. We love having you as a customer!

Mateusz P.
Industry: Internet

Great way to manage subscription payments

Reviewed on 2018-07-11

Pros

An effective way to manage subscriptions payments without large commissions, easy coupons/credits creation.

Cons

Could be more user-friendly for software's beginners. Would be great to see a tutorial on how to use a software.