4.3
Dale G.
  • Industry: Music

Great User Interface, Not So Great Everything Else

Reviewed on 2018-10-01

Due to the server issues, we did move on from Freshmail to Mailchimp, but I wouldn't say Freshmail is all that bad, they just need to do a little housekeeping, tidy up those servers and consider making English the first language of the business.

Pros

The thing that attracted me to Freshmail's email marketing platform was that, to me, it seemed to give more flexibility in terms of getting creative with the interface than other alternatives such as Mailchimp. The templates seem to have more personality and, design-wise allowed a greater level of creative freedom.

Cons

Here's the problem - I just don't think Freshmail has the cleanest servers. Unfortunately, we had issues with emails being marked as spam and had difficulties with the Freshmail customer service team in resolving this. Also, there were a few language barriers at times as they are based out of Poland and you'd find the software having random splashes of Polish now and then.

Sebastian B.
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Design Manager

Reviewed on 2017-08-25

In the company where I work one of my duties is creating email marketing campaigns. With the system I used before, everything was much more complicated and it took me a lot of time to create responsive newsletters. Since I started with FreshMail, everything is much easier and I can't believe I wasted so much time before!

Pros

Setting up a campaign is very easy. Everything in the system is well organized and easy to follow and making your own beautiful newsletter is easy. Moreover, I like the wide range of free responsive templates.

Cons

Marketing automation features are not too advanced. I'd like to see tighter connection with Google Analytics so I could segment based on GA dimensions and metrics.

Hadley K.

Great price for the value. The system is easy to learn and to set up

Reviewed on 2017-07-04

Pros

Segmentation, autoresponders, personalization and email testing. Great campaign editor, very intuitive.

Cons

More direct integrations! I am able to go around it with Zapier but it takes more time to set up. Apart from that good

Michal L.

Very good email marketing platform.

Reviewed on 2018-04-05

Pros

Very easy to use. Vera affordable. A lot fo features. Very intuitive for users. Easy to set up and strat using.

Cons

No webinar module, which compared to getresponse is a problem. But if you don't need webinars it's ok.

Alex P.

Great tool

Reviewed on 2015-06-04

The after campaign reports are really good and easy to understand. I was a bit intimidated by them at first but once I understand what I was looking at, everything just kind of `clicked in my head. Understanding the reports made me feel like I was really making progress because you can see the stats behind every aspect of your campaign. The reports also give you motivation to do better next time because you feel like you need to get higher numbers every time.

Pawel S.

Reviewed on 2016-05-10

David V.

Save Your Money/Time

Reviewed on 2016-11-26

Service is terrible. It was easy to set up and use until one day they randomly deactivated my account. I tried for 3 weeks to get this fixed. 3 Weeks is way too long to fix my email service. I went back to Aweber, service is much better. If you run into an issue with Freshmail they are terrible. Go use another email service other than Freshmail.

Pros

The templates are great and easy to set up.

Cons

Service is horrid and slow. Especially for this day and age.

Dave A.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Easy to use, templates, support

Reviewed on 2016-09-22

I'm new to Freshmail and I can share my first impressions. I never realized that making my own newsletter was that easy. It was really easy to find my way around the designer and make exactly what I wanted. They have lots of templates that you can just start with and customize the way you want. The process is really simple and a big plus.

On the down side, I'm not really sure how I'm supposed to integrate certain plugins with google analytics. I'll just have to leave it for someone else to help me with.

Oh, and another thing I liked was getting free newsletters from freshmail with advice and tips on making great campaigns - a nice extra for people like me just starting out.

Conrad W.

I send a lot of emails. Regular newsletter, mailings and autoresponders. Sometimes things go...

Reviewed on 2017-06-30

I own an agency that sends emails for clients. We are happy that all emails display correctly on different devices, so we don't need to put much work into design.

Pros

Very intuitive tool, I didn't need much time to master it. Also customer support is very responsive and prompt.

Siobhan A.

Really gorgeous email marketing software

Reviewed on 2018-04-06

Pros

If you're a design junkie and want really beautiful branded emails, ditch Mailchimp and get this. Drop and drag design, multiple easy ways to import mailing lists, good stats and recommendations on how to get more opens and actions. Just great.

Cons

Little bit pricey once you exceed the free plan, although in line with Mail chimp and other big names. Sometimes buggy and looses edits if your Internet connection is unstable and not much option to design offline.

Leon A.

Easy to use and lots of cool advanced features

Reviewed on 2015-09-24

I really like FreshMail's advanced reporting system with campaign results. In the system I used before, I was never sure how to analyze my metrics. Now I can export the campaign data and put together cool reports for the boss man!

Tomasz W.
  • Industry: Research

Really good value

Reviewed on 2016-12-06

Freshmail gives You really good value. Every time we have to deal with huge mailings we use freshmail as our mailing service provider

Pros

Cons

can't see one

Peter M.

The best platform for sending personalised newsletters

Reviewed on 2016-08-12

I’ve tested a few different vendors and after using Mailchimp for a long time I switched to Freshmail. At first it mostly for cost reasons but it turns out that their customer support really impressed me. I really like being able to write or call and get quick answers for everything.

Pros

Freshmail Designer is what I like most. You can select templates or create your own from scratch and add whatever elements you want with one click. Everything looks really professional when you’re done.

The other thing worth mentioning is automation with Google Analytics. It’s easy to send autoresponders to subscribers who complete goals that i set in google like “visit price page” and that person will get a message from me. Putting a small discount offer in that messages get really good results.

Cons

The integration with Google Analytics wasn’t easy for me but once I got the hang of it I could figure it out and set up new autoresponders with a few clicks.

Mitchell A.
  • Industry: Design

Very Happy to Reccomend

Reviewed on 2017-01-24

I have used Freshmail for more than 6 months. Before that I used Mailchimp but I had some difficulties with them and decided to change systems. So far everything seems to be very effective and I’m more than pleased that I decided to switch to Freshmail.

Pros

The biggest advantage is FreshMail’s 24/7 support. At the very beginning, I had a few problems but they worked and helped me to solve them, also I got some important advice on how to avoid similar problems in the future. I appreciate the wide range of guides, blog posts, e-books and so on. I want to get the most out of my email campaigns and freshmail knows how to do it :)

Cons

I don’t know how to integrate some plugins with their system, there’s no simple way to do it or I just have to figure it out - anyway it’s not very intuitive.

Artur J.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

I enjoy using FreshMail and find it easy and useful in its price category.

Reviewed on 2017-11-17

Good insights about my subscribers database and possibility to clean it up from bouncing emails.

Pros

Many high-quality templates
A/B testing feature
Good interface
Clear campaign wizard
Grouping messages and subscribers
Good insights

Cons

The offer says otherwise, but from my experience messages filtered to spam are more common than a business would usually accept
The templates are good, but the differences between how they are viewed within campaign wizard and in particular email clients is very big.

Harriet W.
  • Industry: Market Research

Easy to learn and easy to use!

Reviewed on 2017-09-03

Pros

I like how user friendly Freshmail is. The template designer has a lot of pre-made templates and I created mine by just tweaking the one I really liked. All my contacts are easy to manage and to organize. I’m building my email list with their plugin for Wordpress and that works fine as well.

Cons

Free plan don’t have a possibility to create drip campaigns, I had to upgrade to enable this feature.

Eliza S.

At First I liked it...

Reviewed on 2019-12-03

Overall, I am not very happy with Freshmail and it does not get to peoples' inboxes, so I just recently switched from it.

Pros

I chose this software because it had the best design features for e-mailing newsletters. It has a great array of styles and fonts.

Cons

It has a very frustrating glitch or feature in which you can lose all of your work if you don't constantly save it and close it out.

Holly B.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

I didn’t know email marketing was this easy to do

Reviewed on 2015-09-20

My open rates on previous campaigns with another ESP were horrible and I never understood why. I thought a change of sending servers would help and it turns out that it makes all the difference.

Pros

Honestly, I don’t see much difference between one system and another but FreshMail does stand out to me for one reason. Over the past 4 or 5 years I have used four different email marketing systems and FreshMail has by far the best customer service of any of them. If you are getting any real use out of your email marketing, you will need some help or have a problem from time to time. FreshMail is only customer support that gave me the impression that there was actually someone looking into a problem and they always got back to me and stayed in touch until the problem was resolved.

Cons

My campaign got delayed because of their moderation process. When I wrote them to ask what was going on they said they have some kind of anti-spam moderation process that was taking longer than usual.

Kamil L.

The best platform for companies

Reviewed on 2018-12-28

Pros

I think its one of the best platform to sending personalized newsletters ever created. Fast, easy and cheap solution for every business.

Cons

User interface isn't very intuitive, i don't know how to integrates some plugins with Freshmail,i didn't saw simple way to do it. I think better UI or guide will be great improvement.

Matt S.

I've been using freshmail for quite some time and it's a great tool

Reviewed on 2017-06-30

Pros

Great resource centre with a lot of know how about the system and about email marketing. The system itself is very intuitive too.

Everything you expect from email marketing tool

Reviewed on 2018-12-09

All you need in a everyday work.

Pros

It is very easy to use (especially comparing to other similar tools) and intuitive. All functionalities are easy to find and use. Even if you are not that experienced when it comes to email marketing, you will not have any problems with using Freshmail. And the customer service is very helpful.

Cons

Sometimes it may be difficult to import data or make some synchronizations but it's not anything which can't be overcome.

Matylda C.

Simple email marketing tool with great analytics

Reviewed on 2018-08-05

Pros

I really like how easy it is to track the results of your email campaigns - their analytics feature is a big plus! It is also easy to A/B test stuff which - as a marketer - I find very helpful.

Cons

It is not the most intuitive email marketing tool to use as it simply lacks at least some of the essential features like the ability to pause and edit your email campaigns once they've been scheduled to go out (now you need to email them to pause them).

• Industry: Pharmaceuticals
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Works well but does not bring added value in comparison to competiton

Reviewed on 2019-01-04

Pros

I have used FreshMail for a few weeks during testing period of multiple tools for newsletter and mailing management. It has all the essential functionalities but nothing that would make it outstanding.

Cons

The overall usability of the tool was slightly worse than for other tools we used. The visual editor was a little buggy, it was not smooth to prepare new templates using it (not the HTML, but just the basic visual one provided in the tool). The pricing is fair, but some of the competition have more included in basic/free accounts.

• Used Other for Free Trial

Email Campaigns

Reviewed on 2020-11-15

this is perfect for small businesses since the user only pays for the amount of messages that they send.

Pros

Email campaigns have never been made so easy and efficient. Fresh mail offers a well organized interface, with marketing tips and advice for the user that has no idea what they are doing.

Cons

some of the plugins are difficult to integrate which is major drawback for the user intending to use those plugins. The application is web based which can be a drawback for some one who does not have internet access.

Jessica B.

The best newsletter editor

Reviewed on 2015-01-08

After having tried a number of newsletter editors of email marketing services - and found them always disappointing in terms of flexibility and design options - I stumbled upon http://freshmail.com and finally got what I need. It lets create stunning templates with a simple and neat drag&drop editor.