Phocas Analytics

Feel good about using data.

4.7/5
4.6/5
4.6/5
Customer Support Software
4.7/5

Rhys M.

• Customer Support Software

Phocas Changed Everything for US.

Reviewed on 2021-08-26

As I said in my Pros section, we are making data driven decisions now and our sales reflect that. Also, their customer service team is top notch and more on the ball than any other software company I have dealt with in recent years.

Pros

Before we migrated over to Phocas we were using MITS which was very clunky and very slow. Because of these reasons most of us never really touched it. That meant that we weren't utilizing data when making decisions and more using our gut. Since implementing Phocas our decision making has been data driven and we are making smart choices and it shows in our sales.

Cons

The only con I can think of had really nothing to do with Phocas. We had a rough time when we switched ERP systems. But the issue was with the ERP company and not Phocas.

Chris B.

Phocas Review

Reviewed on 2021-09-02

It is the primary tool for our management reporting.

Pros

It's intuitive and easy to navigate. Gets to the answers quickly.

Cons

The dashboard graphics/colors do not have as much visual pop as other apps.

Infor Birst

Reasons for Switching to Phocas Analytics

Drill down capabilities were superior to MITS. Birst was way over priced.
Thomas C.

• Customer Support Software

Why I recommend Phocas to all of my peers in this industry.

Reviewed on 2021-08-17

There isn't enough space to go through the numerous benefits I have gained since purchasing this software. I have reorganized sales territories based on overly concentrated vertical sales. Our team now has a place to review and track sales vs goals daily. I have a consolidated and by location view of my clients in an easy to find manner along with a customer stratification system to help manage margins, AR terms compliance, etc to educate the sales team on what we need to be doing differently with said accounts (spend more time, spend less, cross sell specific items....) . Like I say, I could spend all day on the benefits.

Pros

I have been exposed to 10 or more different operating systems over the course of my 26 year business career. NONE of them have provided adequate business intelligence tools. Phocas is highly intuitive and thorough which saves me hours per week of spreadsheet work. I cannot offer a better compliment than it being an amazing time management tool.

Cons

There are a few issues I have with loading budgets and working through Administrative User rights but that is an infrequent issue. I would like to have a few additional graphical options for data visualization but it works just fine as it is. What I like the absolute least is that we didn't add additional modules...accounting, pricing tools... and have no plans to do so in the near future due to budgetary contraints.

Josh C.

Phocas is a necessity!

Reviewed on 2021-08-05

Fantastic. [SENSITIVE CONTENT], our Customer Success Consultant is amazing. She's readily available and knows exactly what she is doing. Their support staff is also very accommodating and knowledgeable. We've dealt with other software companies and they take their time and treat you like they don't need your business and
over charge for routine services. Phocas is a true partner. A couple projects that were able to be successful with the use of Phocas is: Customer Stratification, Gap Analysis, Daily Inventory Analysis (Which was huge for this last year) and our Dead Stock process.

Pros

The ease of use. As an admin of Phocas, it was very easy to get our staff onboarded and very comfortable with day to day usage. If the staff isn't going to use the tool, then it's worthless no matter how great the data is.

Cons

Phocas is great at listening to our issues and roll out timely updates to add new features or fix issues.

Bill W.
  • Industry: Warehousing

• Customer Support Software

Johnstone Supply - Las Vegas - Why Phocas has increased our productivity!

Reviewed on 2019-10-10

Overall we are very happy with this product. It has opened the door for getting information to our teams much faster and it also created a new full time position for data analysis! The flexibility of being able to create our own databases, & adding to existing databases has increased our ability to share information to our teams in a easy to view format instead of sending spreadsheets that some people did not look at.

Pros

It is very easy to use! I can show someone the basics in 5 to 10 minutes and they are off and running creating favorites and dashboards. The software is updated every month and their support and documentation is outstanding.
The product gives us the information we need faster than doing it in our ERP system. With a couple of clicks you can analyze you sales data and then quickly change views to look at the data in a completely different way. It very robust in all the options you have.
The company is developing based on their customer needs, you can tell that they all want to help us achieve success with this product.

Cons

This is hard to say because their are few cons. We have requested enhancements and we have some support issues that are submitted. But we have no visibility , (web portal), to review what we already submitted. It would be nice to have a support portal to check open cases and enhancements we have submitted.

Lisa G.

• Customer Support Software

Phocas is a fantastic tool!

Reviewed on 2021-08-10

I do a lot of reporting in my role with the company, not only internal but external to our vendors and also customers.

I am able to provide real time reports via Phocas. This has been where I most have appreciated the software. I used to have to email all my reports which would take countless hours week after week. WIth Phocas, setting up a link takes a few minutes on the front end but then it's done and you can easily share with many.

I have been able to dig into our data and provide analysis that I would have not been able to do otherwise.

Pros

I love the flexibility within Phocas and the ease with which you can customize reporting to fit so many different areas of business. I especially am thankful for the links that you can provide to non-users to share reporting outside of your company. Phocas makes my job so much easier and gives me the power to provide quick and useful reports.

Cons

Until I discovered the online videos and trainings, I was not able to use the software to the fullest! I highly recommend when the software is introduced to a new user, that they watch some of the 101 level trainings to learn all that can be done.

Robert T.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Hindsight is 20/20, Phocas brings it to your Dashboard!

Reviewed on 2021-08-02

From day one, the support we have felt from our primary internal advocate has allowed us to venture further and deeper into the expanse of Phocas. I am taking this individual's deliverables as a testimony to the support being shared by the Phocas Team.

Pros

The apparently limitless possibilities. With our custom insulation solutions business, our metrics and analytics are unique, and Phocas has kept up, nay, surpassed our demands!

Cons

There is not a con to the software, the con comes with my time being able to dig in and leverage all of the cool factors.
My analogy: my car has many special cool features, but most of the time, I simply get in it and drive.
Need to stop, read the manual, and truly put it (and expect excellent performance) to the test!

Shirley M.

A Game Changer!

Reviewed on 2019-10-13

the data from using Phocas has driven many key marketing and sales decisions with only positive results. We are now moving forwards in obtaining more data from our stock and purchasing databases to assist our Operations teams.

Pros

the ease of obtaining information in a usable way, and the speed at which we can get analysis of the data has been a game changer for our business! The dashboards are key for our teams and the alerts take the day to day thinking out of my hands!

Cons

There is nothing negative about this software from my perspective!

Zachary H.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Making Large Data Easy

Reviewed on 2021-08-05

With the ease of use and power of Phocas's customization we are able to solve data visualization not just in the main data sets but in side project data as well.

Pros

Phocas is an easy to use software that allows us to customize and take a lot of different data and consolidate it in one easy to use solution.

Cons

Not a real time application as of yet so the data is mostly reactive at this point.

Bo A.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Phocas - Best Data Investigation Tool I've Seen

Reviewed on 2021-08-05

I love Phocas and would recommend it to businesses. Especially if you're a small or mid-sized business without a fully fleshed out data department.

Pros

Phocas makes it very easy to get data out in front of people. Users don't have to be super smart with data, however if they are at least mildly smart with data then it isn't just an easy solution to get data in front of them but then becomes incredibly powerful. Users will feel empowered to be able to dig into anything from high level sales to individual transactions.

Cons

The visualizations on Dashboards is lacking and could be improved. Also if you have some incredibly complex calculations then sometimes the way to implement that in Phocas isn't super straightforward.

Linda Q.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Very happy with Phocas

Reviewed on 2021-08-18

Overall we are very happy with our product.

Pros

This product is easy to use and we create reports quickly.

Cons

We wanted to add some features into our existing databases but couldn't do it on our own. We just had training and now we learned how to do that.

Vinod D.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Best BI in the market

Reviewed on 2019-10-31

Team at Phocas has been very customer focused, easy to deal with. We have used this software for almost 2 years and have changed the way we do business today as all information is only a few clicks away.

Pros

The ease to use and train employees on this BI tool makes it best in the market. The power of building your own databases, customizing reports and the level of customer service is outstanding.

Cons

There isn't much I don't like about this software.

Agnes D.

Marketing Manager

Reviewed on 2017-05-09

Pros

Phocas allows me to track the results of sales promotions with ease. It also lets me focus in on under performing product classes and identify the root cause. It's one of the best software programs we have.

Erin D.

phocas review

Reviewed on 2019-10-29

I would say it is a positive experience helps me track what sale are most profitable. I would 100% recommend it to anyone looking to grow sales.

Pros

It is so useful to be able to track my sales and returns. It also has many great features for tracking sales and proformance.

Cons

its not always easy to find things and it doesn't always update.

Martin M.

x

Reviewed on 2021-08-26

I use it daily and it provides me the info I need

Pros

Ease of use. Simple to navigate and download

Cons

I do not have any cons! Everything seems fine

Dan B.

Great Sales Aid

Reviewed on 2017-05-09

Very easy to use and love the ability to quickly frill down information.

Pros

Being able to pull customer data quickly. I can identify customers opportunities and successes with the sales data.

James H.
  • Industry: Automotive

Jim's Review

Good

Pros

Sales reports, inventory reports for customers

Cons

Challenging to learn, glad that you have had training

Tara O.

• Customer Support Software

makes my job a whole lot easier//...

Reviewed on 2017-06-29

All in all great product and I would highly recommend

Pros

its user friendly and easy to get around, produces reports quickly, analysis of data is at your fingetips

Cons

Customising reports can be hard to navigate around

Misael G.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Extremely User-Oriented

Reviewed on 2021-08-04

Outstanding and user friendly

Pros

The ability to view our sales data in a easily consumed and manipulated form is invaluable.

Cons

The only unpleasant aspects about the software is certain data can only be accessed if provided from a third party agency. In this particular situation, you aren't dealing with Phocas' excellent service team and might have to wait longer periods of time to get what you want.

George C.

• Customer Support Software

The best way to overcome and compliment the traditional spreadsheet model for analysing your...

Reviewed on 2017-06-29

Pros

An easy to use and intuitive way to segment audience, sales and kpi's
Simple user interface
Continued development

Cons

Adding new data sources as an end user
Not being able to automate feeds from Phocas into other databases or systems

Julia M.

Eastbrook Review

Reviewed on 2019-10-08

Does help me to identify which areas within my customers business need growth. Information is given in a clear and concise way.

Pros

Very simple and easy to use. Easy to navigate.

Cons

Sometimes can be very slow. Have to press CTRL & F5 to clear it.

Jeff B.
  • Industry: Automotive

Business Analytics Made Easy

Reviewed on 2019-10-31

Pros

The ability to manipulate your data and creat reports that benefit our business

Cons

No issues at this time. The implementation and ease of use is great.

Susan G.

Awesome!

Reviewed on 2017-05-09

I couldn't do my job without it!

Pros

Quick and easy to get the reports you need. Dashboards with summaries that you can drill down into.

Cons

So much at once is hard to take in and learn all Phocas can give you. Too much data can be overwhelming.

Wendy Z.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Quick and easy to use

Reviewed on 2021-07-30

It helps me quickly see customers in a specified group that I can then export to excel and begin analysis and making contacts.

Pros

What I like most about Phocas is the ease of use. You don't have to be a tech wizard to quickly extract customer and sales data. I can get the info I need and move on, and I don't need to consult with another team member for help.

Cons

I can't think of anything. I find it quick and easy to use, and I haven't had any glitches or downtime issues.

David G.

Wholesale distributor review of Phocas

Reviewed on 2021-08-06

Great!

Pros

Speed to market (straightforward deployment)

Cons

Cloud version response time gets a little sluggish here and there but not too often.

IBM Cognos Analytics

Reasons for Switching to Phocas Analytics

Ease of use, intuitive, less expensive as competitor, we could pay monthly and not tied to any contracts.