Gary M.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Best in class BI

Reviewed on 2019-10-29

Phocas is extremely easy to use for a non Technical users. It holds huge amounts of data and is pretty fast at being able to get the information required out of the system fast.

Pros

It is easy to use for all sales people. Lots of information at your fingertips.

Cons

Having all this data you need to understand d how to use it. This is not always easy.

Martin S.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reporting to masses

Reviewed on 2019-10-08

Pros

Phocas provided an ideal solution for producing the same views of information for Different job roles using the permissions in the background. This reduced our dependance on Excel reporting by around 60%

Cons

Phocas is more a visualisation tool rather than deep dive and planning is necessary to ensure output views meet the expected results, particular around columnar structure. That said it has had nothing but a positive impact on the Business reporting consumption by the masses.

Mike J.

• Customer Support Software

BI software that let's me do it the way I want to do it.

Reviewed on 2019-10-09

Being able to run reports in minutes instead of hours has saved me so much time. It helps me work more efficiently.

Pros

What I most like about Phocas is I can get to the information I need by how I think about it. While someone else in my company can get to the same exact information in a totally different manner. The great thing is we get to the same exact information.

Cons

The thing I like least is the inability to print nice looking dashboards. We have sales meetings and the managers want to print each salesmen's information from a master dashboard. This way it can be handed out to each person so they can see their information as it is talked about generally in the meeting.

Stephanie S.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

I've worked with Phocas for just a year, and absolutely LOVE it.

Reviewed on 2017-05-09

Pros

The ease of use is great, and has brought so much benefit to our company. We are able to customize reports and dashboards to our needs as a company, which is a huge deal. Getting reports out to our field is easy and painless. We use subscriptions constantly, and that has made many employee's lives easier.

Cons

I wish, still there was more ability to customize the report layouts. There are a lot of times when I have to create the report in Phocas, export it, and then do additional formatting in Excel. Also, the ability to download an entire dashboard would be amazing! It would make it so much easier than exporting each part individually.

James L.

Phocas going forward

Reviewed on 2019-10-09

It is giving us an insight we have never had before into our performance and the measure ability especially in terms of profit and there link to rebates.

Pros

I am most excited about the ability to draw in different strands of information from the various software platforms we operate as part of the business. We generate so much data that frankly its too intimidating to consider analysis of it all without the services of Phocas

Cons

I would like to see more integration in the CRM side of the software. For instance our ERP is ultimately our primary CRM system aswell, so we manage the contacts there, but they do not automatically sync through to the contacts tab of the CRM section. Some further automation from existing systems would be nice.

Jj W.
  • Industry: Building Materials

• Customer Support Software

Analytics in today's business environment

Reviewed on 2019-10-28

My overall experience with Phocas has been good from the start. They are prompt in with a response when you have an issue and will help you get the results you are looking for when utilizing custom searches and in-depth calculations.

Pros

Phocas is incredibly easy to use and helps you dig into an type of business analytics you can think of for your business.

Cons

There are not many of CONS that I have with Phocas, but the biggest issue I have is the lack of graphics for dashboards and the ability to truly customize those graphics. Also, the graphics can be a little quirky at times.

Darren B.

Excellent Business Intelligence

Reviewed on 2019-10-08

Managing a sales force performance is key and the data provided by Phocas allows quick and easy benchmarking. There is also a superb level of output for the sales force to use to be better account managers and category champions.

Pros

The ability to dive into category data, and split by customers, customers groups, date ranges, sales rep, is excellent.
Also the ability to present customers purchasing data to them via matrix reports and charts is very impressive.

Cons

Writing custom reports is a great feature but can be tricky if you don’t do it very often.

James L.
  • Industry: Paper & Forest Products

• Customer Support Software

I'm a daily power user for focus and train our team. Best data analysis software to date!

Reviewed on 2017-05-09

Pros

The software is not only easy to use, and basically unbreakable, it is accessible almost anywhere. Hours have been saved thanks to the software. This is hands down the best software that i've ever used in my company.

Cons

Minor gripes about the interface and specific features that could be easily fixed. Currently running an older version, so 2016 may fix some of them

John B.
  • Industry: Automotive

Phocas Software review

Reviewed on 2019-10-29

Good, I can see what everyone is buying, how I’m targeting specific products we manufacture. Follow up leads. Easily compare turnovers. See who has stopped buying a particular part no, and see who is buying something new.

Pros

All information I need for sales, prospects easily available.
Updates every day

Cons

Nothing really. All works pretty easily for the info I need

Andrew K.

• Customer Support Software

Best piece of software ever!

Reviewed on 2015-07-29

Pros

Phocas is very easy to use, very intuitive and provides excellent business information. It is relatively inexpensive per user and at times, worth its weight in gold!

Cons

Nothing really. I am not a lover of the weekly/ monthly user subscription model as unless you make a point of regularly reviewing the usage, as your business changes sometimes you end up paying for users that have stopped using it. However that's really our problem rather than theirs.

Gene B.

S.W. Anderson Phocas Business Intelligence Review

Reviewed on 2015-03-21

Pros

I like the ease of use of the product and responsiveness of the vendor.

Cons

Nothing that hasn't been addressed and corrected as necessary.

Jennifer H.

• Customer Support Software

Impressed with product although early days

Pros

Powerful tool that will the business it hasn't had in the past
Will save time & allow the team to focus on making changes rather than analysing data

Cons

Time needed to get up & running, there is not a problem with the product but will needs an investment at this point

• Customer Support Software

It's a good business intelligence program

Reviewed on 2017-12-31

Pros

I really enjoy the freedom of developing the exact report that I want. If I find that I am unable to do something, the support team has always come through and fixed it so it works.

I have created reports that show dead stock in one branch that other branches sell.

it's also accessible from anywhere which gives real value

Cons

I feel one of the biggest limitations to Phocas is the charting portion. Trying to develop nice looking charts is not easy and printing them is not possible.

Bill W.
  • Industry: Warehousing

• Customer Support Software

Johnstone Supply - Las Vegas - Why Phocas has increased our productivity!

Reviewed on 2019-10-10

Overall we are very happy with this product. It has opened the door for getting information to our teams much faster and it also created a new full time position for data analysis! The flexibility of being able to create our own databases, & adding to existing databases has increased our ability to share information to our teams in a easy to view format instead of sending spreadsheets that some people did not look at.

Pros

It is very easy to use! I can show someone the basics in 5 to 10 minutes and they are off and running creating favorites and dashboards. The software is updated every month and their support and documentation is outstanding.
The product gives us the information we need faster than doing it in our ERP system. With a couple of clicks you can analyze you sales data and then quickly change views to look at the data in a completely different way. It very robust in all the options you have.
The company is developing based on their customer needs, you can tell that they all want to help us achieve success with this product.

Cons

This is hard to say because their are few cons. We have requested enhancements and we have some support issues that are submitted. But we have no visibility , (web portal), to review what we already submitted. It would be nice to have a support portal to check open cases and enhancements we have submitted.

Shirley M.

A Game Changer!

Reviewed on 2019-10-13

the data from using Phocas has driven many key marketing and sales decisions with only positive results. We are now moving forwards in obtaining more data from our stock and purchasing databases to assist our Operations teams.

Pros

the ease of obtaining information in a usable way, and the speed at which we can get analysis of the data has been a game changer for our business! The dashboards are key for our teams and the alerts take the day to day thinking out of my hands!

Cons

There is nothing negative about this software from my perspective!

Vinod D.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Best BI in the market

Reviewed on 2019-10-31

Team at Phocas has been very customer focused, easy to deal with. We have used this software for almost 2 years and have changed the way we do business today as all information is only a few clicks away.

Pros

The ease to use and train employees on this BI tool makes it best in the market. The power of building your own databases, customizing reports and the level of customer service is outstanding.

Cons

There isn't much I don't like about this software.

Agnes D.

Marketing Manager

Reviewed on 2017-05-09

Pros

Phocas allows me to track the results of sales promotions with ease. It also lets me focus in on under performing product classes and identify the root cause. It's one of the best software programs we have.

Erin D.

phocas review

Reviewed on 2019-10-29

I would say it is a positive experience helps me track what sale are most profitable. I would 100% recommend it to anyone looking to grow sales.

Pros

It is so useful to be able to track my sales and returns. It also has many great features for tracking sales and proformance.

Cons

its not always easy to find things and it doesn't always update.

Dan B.

Great Sales Aid

Reviewed on 2017-05-09

Very easy to use and love the ability to quickly frill down information.

Pros

Being able to pull customer data quickly. I can identify customers opportunities and successes with the sales data.

Tara O.

• Customer Support Software

makes my job a whole lot easier//...

Reviewed on 2017-06-29

All in all great product and I would highly recommend

Pros

its user friendly and easy to get around, produces reports quickly, analysis of data is at your fingetips

Cons

Customising reports can be hard to navigate around

George C.

• Customer Support Software

The best way to overcome and compliment the traditional spreadsheet model for analysing your...

Reviewed on 2017-06-29

Pros

An easy to use and intuitive way to segment audience, sales and kpi's
Simple user interface
Continued development

Cons

Adding new data sources as an end user
Not being able to automate feeds from Phocas into other databases or systems

Julia M.

Eastbrook Review

Reviewed on 2019-10-08

Does help me to identify which areas within my customers business need growth. Information is given in a clear and concise way.

Pros

Very simple and easy to use. Easy to navigate.

Cons

Sometimes can be very slow. Have to press CTRL & F5 to clear it.

Jeff B.
  • Industry: Automotive

Business Analytics Made Easy

Reviewed on 2019-10-31

Pros

The ability to manipulate your data and creat reports that benefit our business

Cons

No issues at this time. The implementation and ease of use is great.

Susan G.

Awesome!

Reviewed on 2017-05-09

I couldn't do my job without it!

Pros

Quick and easy to get the reports you need. Dashboards with summaries that you can drill down into.

Cons

So much at once is hard to take in and learn all Phocas can give you. Too much data can be overwhelming.

Jim M.

• Customer Support Software

Phocas has helped us keep our salespeople on task

Reviewed on 2019-10-10

Phocas software is great! We are just scratching the surface with what it can do and look forward to using this more.

Pros

We have used Phocas since 2008 and have always liked how fast we can generate reports. The reports that I have setup to e-mail keep me informed on key indicators in our business. We started using CRM a couple of years ago and like how easy it is for our salespeople to enter calls on their mobile device.

Cons

I would like to see a better way to track and run reports on leads in CRM. Sometimes upgrades and support take a little longer the we would like.