Google Ads

3.9/5

455 Software options

Christine O.

• Customer Support Software

A must have for every business

Reviewed on 2021-06-08

So far I have had an amazing experience with Google Ads as customers and clients have been searching for our products. The customer service support is really good and the Google Ads guide is east to understand. It has helped me managed my Instagram and Facebook Ads. It is also very affordable.

Pros

Google Ads is very useful in my business since it helps me in advertising, in this era of digital advertising it is very intuitive.
The bidding strategies are flexible enough for a variety of businesses which makes carrying out different campaigns way easier.
Real time tracking has also been made easier.
Customers and clients can easily find our products online.

Cons

The features are very complex and overwhelming tile I had to do short courses to know how to manage the Google Ads.
It takes a lot of time to start a new ad, and this could take even a week before i begin realizing results.

Facebook for Business

Reasons for Choosing Google Ads

I now have control of my campaign goals and can monitor how customers and clients are searching for our products.

Instagram

Reasons for Switching to Google Ads

It came in handy after my Facebook Ads account was suspended.
Mohammed S.

guaranteed outreach, solid results

Reviewed on 2021-07-06

Beyond the first two months when we weren't too sure of how to reach our goals at the cheapest cost, our campaigns on Google Ads have been the most impactful to our projects. With coverage on Google Maps, our campaigns are not only informative, but also quite actionable and has increased patronage of our (originally) least accessible locations greatly.

Pros

The best thing about google ads is the guaranteed outreach your ad gets while you essentially only pay for the impact of the ad campaign, and not just having your ad broadcast. So then there is never really anything like an unproductive ad campaign with Google Ads. Secondly, for the price of one, ads get broadcast over the several google platforms commonly used in our target communities, so we are able to get better results in shorter times.

Cons

The Display Network option ended up being an added layer we didn't need for our campaigns because it yielded very poor results while costing us quite a bit. We only discovered it after two months when we were scrutinizing the analytics reports.

LinkedIn for Business

Reasons for Choosing Google Ads

Our facebook campaigns were great at increasing awareness and visibility, but wasn't so great at converting those numbers into increased customer business.

Facebook for Business

Reasons for Switching to Google Ads

LinkedIn didn't have enough reach within the pool of people we were targeting for our ad campaigns.
Julie J.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great advertising program

Reviewed on 2021-11-17

Pros

For me Google ads is a must for every online marketing mix. They have a lot of options to advertise on different platforms and networks all centered in one place (such as YouTube, Google search and display network sites) It's relatively quick to set up and to see results as well.

Cons

Difficult to use, you really need knowledge to use this software. They want you to use automated bidding strategies based on machine learning but this is not always the best way to set up a campaign for your ROI. You really have to know how you can optimize your campaigns. Of course it all depends on your marketing strategy but this makes it difficult for small entrepreneurs for example without professional help.

Christopher P.
  • Industry: Music

• Customer Support Software

GOOGLE ADS HAS APPALLING CUSTOMER SERVICE WHEN RESOLVING PROBLEMS!!!

Reviewed on 2021-08-11

Pros

Admittedly the ads are relatively simple to set up- and budgeting can be done easily too.
A little difficult to verify that the ads are genuinely running and being placed correctly.
After research we noticed a lot of ads were being placed in the most obscure places.
But I put that down to inexperience on our part and now feel this can be controlled somewhat.

Cons

Appalling customer service treatment after their own mistake.

There have been 23 emails since Dec 2020 relating to Google Ads teams’ error incorrectly disapproving our ad.
However, loss of significant revenue resulted from this error. In seeking compensation for THEIR error all Google Ads have done is keep on sending me a template email that states,
'Thank you for your response. I will be glad to assist you further. I understand that it is taking really longer time than usual...We assure you that your query is being attended and I would request you to please allow us s 4-5 business days more to get back to you'.
...and then nothing! No progress report, no management contact even after insisting on it.

Clearly Google Ads doesn't really care for its customers except when it's time for US to pay them.
We are now in the process of legal action.

...it is now 11.08.2021 at the time of writing this.

Brandon S.
  • Industry: Biotechnology
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

A Must-Have Platform, But Pretty Complex

Reviewed on 2021-02-13

Google Ads does what I need it to do. I am also fortunate to work with a partner agency who spends far more time in the platform than I do. If you plan to spend upwards of $5K/mo on the platform, you should really have a dedicated resource at the controls.

Pros

Google Ads is an industry-standard platform, so in many ways you really have no choice but to use it if you want to reach your audience. That said, I do appreciate that it is fairly intuitive for those who understand digital advertising.

Cons

The features and configuration options are overwhelming. I know that is very likely because Google Ads aspires to be all things to all businesses. When you try to be an essential platform for every business on the planet, it requires thousands of features and options. When you step into Google Ads, it feels like sitting in the cockpit of a commercial airliner.

Facebook for Business and LinkedIn for Business

Reasons for Switching to Google Ads

Google has the best reach and channel options.
Memo G.
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

Google Ads has been great

Reviewed on 2021-02-24

Over all it is a great program to use. if you are starting you business and you do not have a big budget to start with your best bet to get some traction with you business is google ads. the cost per click is a lot lower than other options and you will still get some sales because there are a lot of people looking up things on google.

Pros

What I like most about google ads is the cost of it is a lot cheaper than other platforms I use to push ads. We promote our services and products on google ads and it keeps our cost pretty low to get enough data to start pushing more expensive ads on other platforms.

Cons

What I like least about google ads is how hard it is to set up certain things in specific google merchant account to google ads. It took me about two weeks to get it set up, after talking to multiple google reps to help me get it set up. I wish I could be a lot easier to set it up and got waste so much time.

Sunaina K.

Search is all about Google Ads

Reviewed on 2021-08-20

Really good. I would recommend anyone in marketing to give a portion of their ad spend to Google Ads - it is a necessity to have search as a big part of your marketing strategy.

Pros

The fact that Google Ads caters to any and all budgets is something I love the most. I have used this for campaigns from hundreds of thousands of dollars to a few hundred dollars a month in ad spend. From big businesses to small stores. The fact that campaigns are measurable means a campaign can start small and scale as the results start to come in. There are a lot of other reviews on features etc so I won't go there. But my appreciation is around how Google Ads has levelled the playing field.

Cons

Search Terms Report is becoming smaller and smaller. Meaning I am getting to see fewer and fewer actual search queries being entered by users which does not help me as the advertiser. Also - the push to switch to broad match type and the phasing out of broad match modifier match-type has been a huge disappointment for me.

Kristina M.

A must have for any marketing plan

Reviewed on 2021-04-06

I have loved using this software for years and will continue to do so, because it has great results

Pros

It is very robust and intuitive to use. Love the custom audiences, in market audiences and a lot of the features available. They always try to improve the functionality and capabilities which is great most times.

Cons

I dislike the new reporting tab features. I also don't like how the constantly change up the layout, which makes it hard to find features. The most recent keyword match type changes and query report limits have made it clear that you have to be on top of your game and constantly follow changes if you want to use this software.

• Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Google Ads Review

Reviewed on 2021-04-07

My overall experience with Google Ads is good because I can easily use this to advertise my website, set up keywords that can improve my website ranking on the Google search engine but the downside is the software can be expensive and there are a lot of fraudulent clicks that can cause the user to run out of money really quick.

Pros

The software is easy to use and can be easily set up to work with any website. I also like that I am able to use keywords on Google Ads to help my website rank higher on the search engine.

Cons

The price is expensive for what it is used for because Google charges the user based on how many clicks a person clicks on the ads and there can a lot of fraudulent clicks that can cost a lot of money to the user. Google has made some improvements to detect fraudulent clicks but it cannot eliminate the whole problem.

Mark R.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Make It Rain!

Reviewed on 2018-09-10

Pros

Adwords is powerful. Imagine having all the creepy information that Google has, at your finger tips! You are able to reach so many people to promote your product and you can narrow it down to your exact demographic. I personally love using it for my Amazon account as well. I run ads driving people to my products on Amazon.

Cons

Their negative keyword system really could be improved. I feel like it is cluttered and unclear as to which campaigns the negative keywords are being assigned. I really want to block certain searches but it is risky if you assign it to the wrong campaign.

Michael B.
  • Industry: Accounting Software

• Customer Support Software

great to use to get your adds out there if you know what you are doing

Reviewed on 2021-04-14

its a great platform and really propelled the business to the next level though driving google search traffic to us.

Pros

i love how easy it is to not only customize your ads to get the most people to see them. but it also provides great means of reporting that information as to how successful the campaign was so you can adjust

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve when it comes to having a successful add campaign and if your not keeping your advertising and sales department on a tight and strict budget you could find you spending 3 to 4 times as much as you need to to get the customer. get with someone experienced with lowering customer acquisition cost

Best PPC platform by far

Reviewed on 2019-03-13

Pros

New features being added constantly, the user experience improved a lot with the latest redesign. It's fast, reliable, integrates well with Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics (as expected). The ability to write your own scripts and use them is a big plus and some of the automated rules are a godsend.

Cons

The platform sometimes has bugs thus delaying the campaign's start date, but other than this most of the issues are solved immediately. The oppportunities Google has regarding your campaings are primarily buget focused.

• Customer Support Software

Super slow and difficult to use it!

Reviewed on 2018-05-05

Pros

The only reason I am using Google AdWords is that it is a great tool for sending quality traffic to my website. BUT there are tones of features that make my browser blowing and my computer unstable!

Cons

Super hard to find what you need. I am using AdWords for years and there is no way to make a campaign without searching in their help center.
Hard to understand and hard to operate! The worst thing is that the reporting tool gives different metrics than Google Analytics. It is hard to understand where is the truth!

Luis antonio S.

Platform with interesting functions

Reviewed on 2021-07-10

Overall, Google Ads works to see every campaign the company does. It is a great tool to see the development of marketing campaigns.

Pros

The most thing that I like about Google Ads is that I can post any ads (videos, pictures) and see how they are going, and get real feedback about the marketing campaign and see what is the company doing wrong and improve them.

Cons

The cost of a full marketing campaign. It depends on how big is your audience, if it is really big, the company will pay a big amount to maintain the campaign. It is important to mention the fact that you pay more does not ensure that your campaign will achieve better sales.

Seth W.
  • Industry: Automotive

Great Bang for your Click

Reviewed on 2021-07-22

Pros

It is pretty easy to set up. Google is constantly updating it and adding new features.

Cons

The rules keep changing which causes some hiccups with our products. We have to make sure they are always up to date to follow the latest rule changes.

Andreas F.
  • Industry: Food Production
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Google ads is mu must have sofware presentation

Reviewed on 2021-05-03

I like google ads so much and i use it everyday

Pros

Google is popular in the search engine market, targets more specifically, and costs less

Cons

Every form of advertising of course has its drawbacks, and so does advertising on Google Ads. One drawback is that it can be difficult to attract potential buyers if you don't properly analyze your company's website. Poor website analysis will make the keywords you choose weak and less profitable

Kalin D.
  • Industry: Machinery

Affordable and technical must-have advertising tool for small and medium size businesses

Reviewed on 2021-05-25

It has a steep learning curve and requires collaboration with a designer and sometimes a content marketer, but after a proper set-up, it doesn't need much attention to bring in sales and drive brand awareness up. It is a must have for most small and medium-sized businesses, because it's focused on bringing results.

Pros

The best thing for me about this software is that it can be result-based and has no minimum budget threshold. With a little help from a graphic designer, Google ads can skyrocket the sales of a small and medium-sized businesses with as little as 5-7 hours/week of work.

Cons

Google ads doesn't have the best user experience design and it's a bit too technical for the average business owner. It has a steep learning curve, but if used properly, it gets the job done and brings in serious business.

Md. sajjad H.

• Customer Support Software

Google Ads-passive earning way for writers on the web

Reviewed on 2021-09-18

Google Ads has recognized my writing skill. It has motivated me to write unique and good articles on various academic and educational topics for people. It is a blessing for me as a passive earning source.

Pros

Unique writings about academic topics have helped me to get google ads on my website. I have got a google AdSense verifying letter after earning 10 USD to my address.

Cons

Due to Google ads inactivity on my website, Google Ads authority has reset my earnings which is a very disappointed issue for me.

• Industry: Hospitality
  • Used for 2+ years

Awesome Marketing tools

Reviewed on 2021-05-10

Very reliable tools to achieve my target , easily reach to the customers and audience , help in assure and increase the brand awerness and increae customers engaments , highly recommended to be one of the most marketing tools to incrase your revenue

Pros

Very effective way to promote your business brand is to use google ads, you can easily increase your product and services awarness by applying and promtoting through google ads, you can narrow your target and reach the aimed audience in effective way .

Cons

in order to achieve your target market goal , you have to continue using the google ads and never stop mtargetting your audience to achieve your goal , so be carful with your bid and expensese in order to manage succefuly your target .

• Customer Support Software

Too hard to use for a small business owner

Reviewed on 2021-09-10

I like it when someone else manages it for me, I can´t do it on my own.

Pros

The software has very ample possibilities and allows you to make your campaigns as tailored as you want

Cons

It is very complicated to learn and understand, you really need a pro to do it well, or you need to take some in depth training.

• Industry: Printing

• Customer Support Software

It's a must if you're a marketer

Reviewed on 2019-06-28

Pros

It's not the easiest tool to learn, so if you don't have someone on your team who is already an expert, then be prepared for a long learning curve

Cons

AdWords is now tablestakes in the marketing world. And there are so many tools you can use to integrate/build on its capabilities

• Customer Support Software

You just need it if want to be on people's eyes over internet

Reviewed on 2021-04-22

Its a necessary tool to use to advertise almost all products and services, but you need to do what you are doing and try to avoid most of automatic suggestions. That means that it is very time consuming.

Pros

Google is the leader in serches by far.
You can manage search, display, YouTube, etc.
Fine tune a lot of keywords, terms, phrases.
Affordable / pay only for the clics to your site.

Cons

So deep with a lot of features that are very confuse.
Constantly changing that is so easy to get outdated.
Simple websites / Landing pages (not optimized) will be penalized with a low score for your keywords and may not show your ads.

Google Ad Grants are worth it

Reviewed on 2021-07-22

Pros

Google Ads is fairly simple once it is setup. We are using Google Ad Grants as part of Google for Nonprofits. The grant is a HUGE benefit.

Cons

Due to the restrictions and details related to the Google Ads Grant, it can be a little difficult to setup Google Ads initially. Finding a person or consultant to help with the setup and launching process is critical but can be expensive.

• Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

The only way to go with ads

Reviewed on 2021-07-30

Pros

It covers everything you need, it is deep and detailed. If you do this well, you do not need anything else.

Cons

It can seem like a bit too much at the beginning. You will need some heavy training and use to master this tool.

• Industry: Fund-Raising

Adwords for a nonprofit

Reviewed on 2018-07-25

Pros

I have used Adwords at two separate nonprofit organizations. I think that they offer a great service for organizations that are trying to increase their audience and reach appropriate people. It's definitely helped us grow our website base and achieve our mission.

Cons

I honestly have found this interface hard to understand. I took a number of trainings on AdWords and watched videos, etc. and still had trouble really grasping what exactly I was looking at and analyzing. Makes it hard for me as the user to strategize our use. I wish there was a better explanatory video.