Tahnya R.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Irrelevant search results and waste of money

Reviewed on 2019-11-09

The customer service rep wasn't a good help either. She was impatient and didn't really understand the real estate business to help tailor my ads properly.

Pros

None that I see
I thought this would help bring relevant traffic to my website but it didn't it was a complete waste of money.

Cons

Google ads has really wasted my money. My ads were for sale of condos and yeah Google was bringing up my ads when people were looking for rentals? Even when I used exact phrase searches. Almost $1,000 wasted.

Shaharyar S.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

The Backbone of Online Advertising

Reviewed on 2021-03-07

Overall Google ads are the Giants of digital marketing now a days and benefiting lots of businesses.

Pros

You can promote your business as easy and simple as you want. It is a very reliable platform for the business promoters who want to show their ads to their target audience. This is the most effective way for advertisement on internet, Google ads saves the browsing data of users and then show ads according to the user needs and I think this is the best feature for marketing that they show relatable ads to the audience.

Cons

I think there are some disadvantage for the audience/user because sometimes the audience me see unnecessary ads which may irritate users.

Anis A.
  • Industry: Design

• Customer Support Software

The most crucial tool for new local businesses

Reviewed on 2021-02-04

It is the most crucial app that helps us improve our client's sales, brand, and online appointments.

Pros

Google Ads offer two modes, easy and expert mode. This allowed us to educate our clients on how to track the results after we finalize with implementation and setup.

Cons

It takes time to learn the functionality of Google Drive. If it's your first time using it, it's suggested not to enter the expert/advanced mode before you are completely comfortable with basic mode.

James M.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

AdWords has helped me affordably attract new clients

Reviewed on 2018-02-17

Pros

I use AdWords on a local level (local meaning a handful of zip codes across two counties) and it has helped me raise awareness for my brand and services as well as attract new clients. Local does the same but takes more time and effort whereas AdWords gives me a much faster turnaround time. I like that I can set budgets and monitor campaigns in real-time so I know if my campaigns are cost-effective. I feel that I have 100% control over my campaign design and budgeting so I am not concerned of spending too much. If after a certain threshold, new customer acquisition is still too low, then I know to either stop the campaign temporarily or to more likely investigate why and modify my keywords or ad messages.

Cons

To run an effective local campaign, it is critical to know your target audience but even more critical to conduct elaborate keyword research. This can be very time consuming, even tedious and repetitive at times. However, this is the time investment necessary to ensure you have quality campaigns that will actually be profitable. If you do not have a background in PPC advertising or general knowledge in digital marketing, AdWords is not simple to dive right in (or at least not simple to do it right). Take the time to do ample research and even consider the training and certification offered by Google. I felt this was more fit for someone whose line of work is PPC as opposed to running your own ads for your business so I have not completed these. I am certain they would be exponentially beneficial to anyone, but I feel confident my keyword research and message design was enough to at least turn profits from the time and money spent using AdWords.

P. andrew E.

Target Potential Customers

Reviewed on 2017-06-20

Overall, this is one of the best ways to send targeted traffic to your website. Be sure to use exact match keywords as much as possible to ensure you're targeting isn't going to run up a huge invoice. Google is great at getting you to pay them a lot of money, so be smart and don't fall into their money traps.

Used wisely and well, Google AdWords can send you traffic that is ready to buy!

Pros

- You can target "buyer" traffic based on the keywords you select
- Supplement any SEO rankings and dominate the SERP
- You get found on Google

Cons

- Can be very pricey, especially for new users who haven't done their research.
- Budget options are fairly limited and not user friendly.

• Customer Support Software

Get your product in front of people

Reviewed on 2018-12-18

Pros

If you have an online business like I do, you cannot afford not to be using Google AdWords.

As an application the agoogle AdWords platform is extremely powerful and insightful. There is a steep learning curve and requires some technical skill and comfort learning new things.

Once you get good at it, you will have all at your finger tips the same tools fortune 100 companies use to get attention, so what you do with it is up to you.

Cons

It’s a little hard to learn and master. That being said, it’s fun to learn and you could end up
spending many sleepless night obsessing on the details.

Flavia A.

Probably stiil the no. 1 tool for ads

Reviewed on 2020-05-30

Overall, I recommend it and will always use it. For those who are willing and can pay a pretty big budget, especially, it brings awesome results.

Pros

I use Google AdWords for a long time. Over the years, it has been in a continuous change. I like the complexity and the possibilities that it offers to showcase your brand. I also like that it strives to bring the best content for the user.

Cons

As a little con, the fact that it changes so frequently and that it uses AI, makes it harder to truly understand (for customer support also). I would like a more in-depth look at how it works.

Nina K.

• Customer Support Software

One of the best marketing tools out there...

Reviewed on 2018-03-19

Pros

After 5+ years in digital marketing and experience on different platforms I have to say that this is one of the most sophisticated tools. It allows different options for targeting, diverse types of ads to show (search, display, youtube). Depending on the target market it can bring you great value for a money.

Cons

It has a long learning curve, but once you go through couple of campaigns, you feel more secure to experiment with more advanced features.

Karim S.
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

• Customer Support Software

Google AdWords is a growth hacker's paradise!

Reviewed on 2018-10-23

Pros

Google AdWords allows you to advertise online on google itself but also on millions of websites, on gmail, on mobile apps and on youtube. Remarketing, geo-conquesting, Shopping Ads, all of it will drive your business results to the next level.

Cons

The recent changes are amazing, but the new interface is brutally different and there's a steep learning curve, quite an adjustment for well-versed AdWords specialists.

• Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Great for tracking effective keywords

Reviewed on 2018-11-03

Pros

Google AdWords is a big help in identifying the most effective keywords to use on my web articles -- it shows search average, as well as possible related keyword variation that I can consider to use. It's not only great for google ads, but also for helping you optimize your SEO.

Cons

It's highly technical -- especially for me who has not much tech experience. I am usually lost in their dashboard -- there's a lot of tabs, buttons, and terms that are somehow difficult to understand. It could be expensive, too.

Violeta V.

Adwords is great

Reviewed on 2020-11-27

Overall, Google Adwords is great. I am using it and I highly recommend it to other small businesses.

Pros

Google Adwords has helped me spread a word about my business and bring in some quality traffic to my website.

Cons

It might be difficult to set up a campaign in the beginning, because it's very time consuming to find out who is your target audience and do a proper keyword research.

Best marketing platform

Reviewed on 2019-10-08

Pros

I like that it is easy to use, fast, has very few bugs and a great UI. Have been using it for at least 7 years and it is my favourite marketing platform.

Cons

Sometimes when a new update is released you get frustrated with all the bugs that delay your work.

Stephanie K.

• Customer Support Software

Confusing at first, but campaigns are awesome

Reviewed on 2016-05-25

I am not a super techie person so AdWords was honestly really confusing when I first tried using it. I help with a business called 1 on 1 Lessons and we sometimes run campaigns for people searching for senior computer classes and things like that. Once I learned it, it's pretty easy to manage now.

Pros

Once I understood the keyword planner, things really started to click. It is really neat how much information you can see. Once the campaigns are running, it is really cool too how you can change your bid for each keyword and focus on the most effective ones. You can see impressions and clicks for every single search word and know which works best.

Cons

The only con is that if you are new to this or not a tech savvy person, then it's pretty overwhelming at first. Either have someone help you or look into the training Google offers for free. I have not done it yet but it looks intense. I need to do it soon so I can know everything there is to know about AdWords.

• Industry: Computer & Network Security

Rich Features with Clean Interface

Reviewed on 2020-01-09

Adwords is perfect for getting quick traction to your new business or product. It offers multiple benefits and can generate huge revenue provided executed properly.

Pros

Google Adwords is very instrumental in generating an additional revenue stream without spending a huge amount on advertising. The tool is clean and offers rich features to get everyone going in less than a few minutes.

Cons

Support can be challenging sometimes, and also you may expect unusual clicks and conversions, which was quite frustrating for us in the initial days.

Amit A.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Excellent Advertising Tool!

Reviewed on 2020-06-29

My promoting advertising made me lose more money than I earned from sales, my products were sold but not in large quantities, the fact is that I was able to sell my products with the google ads but i couldn't keep the investment on the sponsored advertising.

Pros

AdWordsTool totally serves my will by promoting my site to people who searching for my products on google search, it's very sophisticated to give people what they want to see, and google ads really nailed it!
You can filter the least potential buyers with the addition of negative keywords, and by using a keyword planning tool you can find the best words for your products to promote.

Cons

The ads can make you spend a lot of money, especially if you are not optimizing the ads and they are not profitable for you, so it is always important to pay attention and check if they "delivering the goods".

Grant S.

A Freight Train of an Opportunity — Best to Use Professional Management

Reviewed on 2018-06-25

Pros

Adwords can launch your success, but requires experience and vigilance. I would strongly recommend hiring an agency to run your Adword campaigns. That way you can have a dedicated person watching your ad spend and optimizing it. It is easy to spend a lot of money on the wrong stuff.

Cons

Adwords is really complicated. It needs to be, but it would be great if they released a version specifically designed for small businesses where the owner is buying ads plus 100 other things.

• Customer Support Software

A must for ppc advertising

Reviewed on 2018-09-18

Pros

Great targeting options and very nice customization and advanced bidding when you know what you're doing. Cost efficient channel and efficient in meeting prospects when they're searching for something.

Cons

Limitation to setting up html5 ads when on a new account. Can't say I fully rely on enhanced bidding algorithm. Disapproved display ads often done for no reason. No good support. Just my nitpicks, I think the product is a must for advertising.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

• Customer Support Software

Very intuitive platform to manage your google ads

Reviewed on 2020-12-11

Pros

It's super intuitive, and you get the most important information in a few seconds. It's very easy to use.

Cons

Google takes a few days to answer you if a question. It's longer than it should be.

Virginia B.

Boot visibility

Reviewed on 2018-06-09

Pros

Google Adwords is always the first place I navigate to when I am looking for ways to tweak our content to increase our visibility and organic traffic. It's easy to use, free, and provides various features that will help you analyze and identify which keywords to incorporate into your website, content, and social media platforms to reach more potential customers.

Cons

Make sure to Google how to sign up for a free account before you create one if you would like to avoid having to provide your credit card information. When you are not running a campaign the numerical search data, for the amount of searches the keyword receives over a set period of time, will be disguized. Instead you will see keyword listed under a general range, e.i. 10k - 100k.

Patrick C.

Google Ads

Reviewed on 2021-02-12

My experience with Google Ads has been excellent. For a small fee per click, customers call me and book jobs and I earn revenue.

Pros

Google Ads brings customers to my business. The software pushes my business to the top of the list on a google search.

Cons

The support has not been absent during the COVID crisis, but that is understandable. I hope they bring back phone support soon.

Priscilla anabelle S.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Google AdWords has helped me promote my business

Reviewed on 2018-12-13

Pros

Google Adwords is pretty much essential for every businesses. Not only it is very user friendly, it allows to you to attract traffic to your website, and with the right match keywords you can affordably 'fish' new potential clients.

Cons

Google Adwords is user friendly, no hassle needed, but you got to be careful choosing the right match keywords, otherwise you might be paying a higher fee.

Ryan O.
  • Industry: Management Consulting
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Marketing Reach to Targeted Customers

Reviewed on 2018-10-03

Pros

If you are looking to bring in more customers, clients or prospects, AdWords will help you achieve these goals.

Cons

There is a lot of information and ad products rolled into AdWords, you'll want to invest time or money into finding the right people to help get results.

Greg J.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Worth the learning curve

Reviewed on 2018-09-25

Pros

This is one of the most powerful marketing channels available for small business owners and can provide an amazing ROI for some industries.

Cons

There is a pretty steep learning curve when you first start although the new interface makes things a lot easier that they were before.

Let Your Ad Budget Do More

Reviewed on 2017-12-20

Pros

AdWords is easy to use and pretty intuitive. There are plenty of ways to review your ads and you can easily track all the information you need to.

Cons

I wish our AdWords account would integrate with some of our other marketing tools to make a more seamless working experience.

Saleha B.

Google Ads Review

Reviewed on 2021-02-14

Pros

Some awesome features of this software would be many targeting capabilities, a strong audience, and user friendly. It also an app where one can monitor its progress.

Cons

The least feature of this software is the transparency and clarification of terms and conditions, especially for new customers.