Showing 132 reviews of 120

Showing 132 reviews of 120
Ken I.

Easiest Accounting/Bookkeeping software by far!

Reviewed on 2019-05-07

The company is very responsive and the software / apps have been solid. Kashoo is my third (and final) accounting software service purchase.

Pros

Here's the thing - I HATE accounting & bookkeeping. So I want to spend the least amount of time doing it. And, I want to spend even less time doing taxes. Several years ago, I researched all of the solutions out there, yeah QB too... but I dreaded a steep learning curve and wanted something accurate - and portable. Kashoo has the app for my phone & tablet so I can whip out an invoice real quick while visiting clients. It downloads from my bank just like the other big names, and even has an option to accept credit cards from my clients. It's really powerful, and if you're a numbers geek you'll have fun with all of the options. But for me - it just works. Online or app - I don't wonder about my numbers anymore, nor do I waste a bunch of time. And they do regular webinars which are actually quite interesting. Almost makes me want to do my bookkeeping. Almost. lol.

Cons

There's really not a lot to dislike about the software, and the support staff is great. If I could change anything, I'd have them move their headquarters from Canada to the U.S. ;)

• Industry: Legal Services

Great Software--If You Don't Need to Connect Any Bank Accounts

Reviewed on 2019-08-27

Ideally, Kashoo would be that accounting software that provided accurate cash flow statements and analyses that were no older than 2-3 days, and would include not just bank account transactions, but also credit card spending and transactions. In our office, any bills or charges that are setup for automatic payments or auto-pay are linked to credit cards, rather than our bank account(s). If I could get Kashoo to function properly with our credit card AND bank accounts, then I would save myself and our CPA tremendous amounts of time and paper clutter at tax time because I could provide statements or reports from Kashoo with itemized expenditures for all accounts. Alas, until Kashoo can resolve its synchronization issues with our financial institutions, then I'm forced to go through and annotate each credit card statement with the expense type, etc. then email or fax each statement to our accountants...

Pros

After reading so many great reviews about Kashoo and its comprehensive but UX-friendly accounting features, I was super-excited to purchase a steeply discounted subscription/membership on App Sumo several months ago. I was particularly looking forward to being able to sync multiple company bank accounts, as well as our daily credit card sales from Square POS, in a single application. The Square/SquareUp integration is among Kashoo's strongest features in my experience, as I can't recall any synchronization issues or glitches accessing Square data in Kashoo. It also has an iPhone app that's fairly functional, albeit wholly utilitarian in its look and feel. However, considering how much data and memory are consumed when running most accounting programs, the Kashoo app manages to be easily sync-able and fast, which I wasn't expecting...

Cons

Connecting bank accounts and accessing transactions has been a thorn in my side from Day One. I've tried multiple browsers--Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, etc.--and tinkered with firewall and security settings far more than I probably should trying to get Kashoo to work correctly with operating account at PNC. I don't know if it's because of the number of transactions or the fact that there's a secondary trust account attached to PNC's online business banking, but I cannot get some of the most crucial bank and credit card accounts to work properly on Kashoo. I've also had issues with credit card accounts and have tried deleting and reconnecting accounts so many times that I'm to the point where I haven't even attempted to open Kashoo in weeks.

• Industry: Entertainment

Amazing alternative to Wave & a better value than Quickbooks for freelancers & small...

Reviewed on 2019-12-04

I love using it for most of my freelance needs: Accounting, Expenses, Project budgeting, credit card payments, and tax management.

Pros

Tax Management, Real-Time Bank Feed, Bank reconciliation, and Project Budgeting are just some of my favorite features, web and mobile apps are a bonus but the cherry on top for me is that they support the Spanish language as well. Not to mention the super fast support.

Cons

Not many cons but I am just hoping for more integrations. Specifically invoicing software like Fiskl!

Carma S.

Good Value for the SoloEntrepreneur

Reviewed on 2019-07-26

I've been doing my books in Excel for years, but have gotten to a point where that just isn't working for me anymore. I needed an accounting software solution and didn't want to go with the one I've been using for personal expenses due to personal beliefs. Then I heard about Kashoo. It was affordable. It looked fairly easy to learn and robust enough to grow with me. I haven't used it much yet, but I really like what I've seen so far.

Pros

The software is relatively easy to use for a beginner. It also looks like something I can grow with and even pass on to an accountant once my business has grown large enough.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve and I'm not able to import information the way I was hoping to.

Carmen C.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Just what I needed . . .

Reviewed on 2019-07-20

Overall this is a great finance program and the price was great compared to similar products.

Pros

Kashoo allows me to keep better records for my business finances. The app allows me to easily upload receipts and to make manual adjustments.

Cons

It does not sync real time account balances with your bank. You have to do that manually. I prefer realtime bank balances.

Kimberly C.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Kashoo makes my CPA happy

Reviewed on 2020-09-27

I use Kashoo daily to keep track of my business income, expenses, and invoicing.

Pros

Kashoo is easy to use. It's easy to invoice my clients by sending them invoices directly via Kashoo. It's recommended by my CPA and the reports make him happy.

Cons

I would love to be able to set up recurring invoices but Kashoo doesn't offer recurring invoices. Maybe in future?

Glenn G.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Review kashoo

Reviewed on 2019-04-02

I can see up to date my statement income monthly or yearly and compare, so i can adjust strategy when i want. Program everything up front bills. Find receipt paid , clients that buy on credit, when to call them. Bills to pay.
Can comepair booking with my bank statement, do monthly tax payment, download documents in exel, pdf etc

Pros

Its a simple to use day by day administration program. 24 hours eccess any where in the world. Get all financial information how your business is doing.

Cons

If your not good in english it will be hard to understand most instruction , like setting up certain things to get going, personaly i dont go to deep in setting up complicated administration things i dont understand, but when i have to you can get online help , only on working hours, not 24 hour. Maybe some more after hours asistance can come out handy, depens in which time zone you living.

Deborah G.
  • Industry: Media Production

Great accounting program, easy to learn and use, but report formatting needs a lot of work.

Reviewed on 2019-01-22

I know that the look of reports is not a top priority in accounting software, but a clean, professional look does matter to me. I have been advised by Kashoo that they are working on them but it has been months now and nothing has been fixed. If it wasn't for this issue, the software would get a 5/5 from me. I really like using the program and don't want to switch to something else.

Pros

Has everything I need to run my small business
Easy to learn and use, not a huge learning curve
Canadian product!

Cons

Data entry requires a lot of scrolling up and down
Report formatting really needs work:
- Accounts are not in numerical order
- Columns don't line up
- Some reports have no title or date range, I have to add them manually (statements and ledger)
- Font headers are huge and can't be adjusted, creating way more pages than needed
- No way to adjust page sizing (often get one line on a second page when it would easily fit on the first)
- Report templates are not customizable, they can only be fixed by Kashoo.

George D.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Software which solved all operational tasks

Reviewed on 2020-09-18

Was using Kashoo every day and thanks to it I knew every cent is counted and on its place!
Another thing I liked very much - nice reports!

Pros

Have been using this software for 2 years. In an environment of limited staff this software really helped to control cash flow, expenses, invoices, salaries etc, by only one employee (not dedicated).

Cons

From the very beginning it was very easy and logical to deploy. Learning took no efforts. It was smooth and very flexible.

Al S.
  • Industry: Machinery

Great Service , Please adjust the last U.I. change

Reviewed on 2017-02-06

I find that the last U.I. change was a step back, some functions are a bit harder to find. I can see what the goal was, but I think things like renaming receivables to "unpaid invoices" for example is less clear, and a bit silly.

Jimmy I.

Clean, clear interface, quick processing, reliable, and does everything I need it to do!

Reviewed on 2015-10-07

As with all cloud based software, the ability to access my accounts from anywhere is very useful. Because it's all online I was anticipating an element of sluggishness in response times but I can say that I was proven wrong and the application works very well and quick.

It does pretty much everything I need it to do and the layout is logical and easy to navigate. There are a couple of things missing (proper Standing Order engine and statement distribution come to mind), but I have tried a few accounting system and found that none of them cater for ALL my needs (some will always be missing) unless I'm willing to spend a fortune. Kashoo covers the important ones - I can live with the ones that are missing - but having said that, their customer service is excellent and these issues are being addressed and shortcuts put in place to alleviate their absence, so I'm happy overall.

The most important aspect is fulfilled - reliability. I can't afford to find my accounts unaccessible, and to date they have been very robust and reliable. I've never had any problems with access to my accounts, and they include enough reports to also allow you to download the entire database should you want to.

I would certainly recommend them.

Harmik C.
  • Industry: Accounting

Great Software for small businesses

Reviewed on 2019-06-25

Pros

I like how easy it is to use on a day to day basis. It is very user friendly and easy for anyone to pick up. The customer service has also been outstanding!

Cons

It currently doesn't have the ability to link creditcards which would be awesome as some of my clients grow. I think it's a feature that's coming however

Charmaine B.
  • Industry: Farming

Co-Owner

Reviewed on 2019-07-08

I love the reports.

Pros

If I would be a good bookkeeper, and do it monthly it would be a snap. It is well organized. Some things I do find difficult, and find that the support can be a rather long wait to receive. Example. Have been doing GST return quarterly manually, and can't figure out how to input it. Have had no resolution from helpdesk yet. But will work on it when I return from World Championships end of the month

Cons

The support online is good, but the hours of service not great. Would prefer noon till 9 weekdays and hours on Saturday/Sunday as well. Which is when I often work on books.

Kelly G.
  • Industry: Sports

Excellent accounting package for non-accountants

Reviewed on 2019-06-25

Great. As a first time user I was looking for a sharp, snappy system like this. I’m very happy with Kashoo.

Pros

Easy layout.
The app and desktop program syncs well.
Customer service.
Bank reconciliation.
Quick to sync.
Reports look clean and well presented.
Multi user function. My accountant can log in and view, fix up things. Quick and easy.
Cheapest on the market.

Cons

No automatic email for remittance for bills once paid.
Invoice template choice is fairly limited.
You may need an accountant to help you get through the first month to match up and balance the month.
Wish it gave a full profit and loss year to report it shows on the dashboard.

Julie W.

Excellent

Reviewed on 2015-08-01

I use the kashoo app and it's so easy and quick to use. I can add in all my receipts and expenses with just a few clicks, which makes keeping up with all my accounting such a breeze. Plus the mobile app means I can now take my business accounts with wherever I go, making life super conveinient. The customer service team are super friendly and helpful if you have a problem and the webinars mean you can easily find out more about using kashoo's functions.

Sally R.

User-friendly interface perfect for one-person business

Reviewed on 2015-07-29

I came across Kashoo about a year ago and am delighted with it. After years of experimenting with low-brow solutions (shoe boxes, Excel spreadsheets) and software that was far more complicated than what I need (Quicken), I've finally found something in the middle suitably easy to use, yet powerful enough to do everything that I need it to do. I love the user interface and the simplicity of Kashoo's design. It takes the drudgery out of accounting.

Chris B.

Easy to use, glad to have it!

Reviewed on 2019-04-09

Pros

I like the clean easy to use interface, quick data entry, project-based support, and customizable controls.
Bank reconciliation is painless as well, which makes that step an easy task instead of something to put off until later!

Cons

I really dislike that the multi-currency support completely cripples the Mobile App. It's forced us to use a less efficient workflow, which loses critical data related to exchange rates.

Shawn R.

Reviewed on 2017-12-19

Michael W.

Simple to use, yet plenty capable.

Reviewed on 2015-09-10

Pros: Very simple to use
Powerful
Can be accessed anywhere
Syncs via API to my payroll and webstore systems

Cons:
Multi currency support could be better. (iPad doesn't support multi currency, and my year end financial statements needed some manual adjustments to correctly account for gain/loss on foreign exchange)

Paul G.

Love the bank feeds

Reviewed on 2015-07-29

The price and usability attracted me to try using Kashoo for managing my family trust. Since I have started I have never looked back. It is easy to use, the price is realistic and the few times I have needed some support the team at Kashoo responded quickly and effectively.
Love the bank feeds and love the product.

Lisa I.

Perfect simple product at a great price!

Reviewed on 2015-09-15

For someone like me, whose business is small and strictly service based with no inventory, it's straight forward and simple to use, and the price is perfect. I use quick books for my clients' bookkeeping needs, but it is more than I require. Kashoo is perfect.

Timothy C.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2016-12-28

It is easy to use, easy to share with my accountant, and mobile-friendly. What's not to love? This is the first accounting software I've used that isn't overly complicated for me while being complicated enough for my accountant.

John W.

Good Package

Reviewed on 2015-10-06

Your chatroom is excellent and the package has great features at a very reasonable price. Thank You, John Weir

Michelle M.

So easy.

Reviewed on 2015-11-10

I love the chat option. Every time I have used it someone is right there to answer my question.