Jarrod S.

Great system for use with G Suite

Reviewed on 2020-08-13

Custom service has been exceptional. Software is well designed. Basic features are easy to use.

Pros

What we liked most is how seamlessly this works with GSuite. We are a small non-profit consulting team and we needed software that didn't require a large learning curve. What we found were useful integrations right in our inbox where we do most of our work.

Cons

Being a small team with one member who uses technology daily and the other who doesn't means the advanced features are critical to making it work. While the workflow automation and task automation are available they is a steep learning curve for those who don't grasp basic coding principles.

Jaimee I.

Copper

Reviewed on 2020-02-20

Copper has cut down dramatically on administration data entry try which allows for our staff to communicate with our prospects more frequently, which in return is bringing in more business for the company.

Pros

Copper has helped our company tremendously in regarding to time spent updating our CRM systems. We use to have to add all emails to the system, Copper automatically adds all the emails which has cut down on our administration time dramatically. It will also pull contact information for the internet, which also helps cut down time so the time can be spent elsewhere. Another favorite feature is being able to view the contact file in gmail when an email from that specific person comes in.

Cons

We wish that when adding notes into copper, there was more flexibility in regards to changing the color of the font or being able to highlight something within the note. Also, sometimes we have an individual in the system with more than one company but Copper doesn't allow you to add duplicate emails to multiple files.

Response from Copper

Greatly appreciate the feedback, Jaimee!

Mark B.

Copper, formerly ProsperWorks - Great tool for G Suite/Google Apps Users

Reviewed on 2018-08-12

Pros

I've used Copper (under its original brand) both as a freelance digital contractor and in an agency setting. I found the standalone app to work fine, but there's no comparison to how well it worked with gMail, Google Docs and other elements of G Suite.

I read a Forbes article about the rebrand and apparently Copper signals a move for the company where their apps are on Google Cloud, and to better support G Suite, and that seems like great news. If you are an agency using G Suite it seems to be a no-brainer to use Copper to me. Especially for tracking emails and customer conversations related to opportunities. The rebrand caught me by surprise when I was looking for something for a client. The Forbes article sheds some light on the rebrand and evolution.

I'm a little biased as I wrote an article once for ProsperWorks, but this review is strictly from my experiences with the app, and the company. They have great customer success follow-up and have many scheduled support resources/weekly webinars to ensure you get the best out of your investment. I don't sell this app, I just was happy with how easy it was to use the tool, I've worked with Dynamics CRM, Salesforce and other CRM apps and I stand by my appreciation for how great this app is for G Suite and for agencies.

Cons

I think the Copper rebrand is a sign of lots of changes for this solution, and the Forbes article says that there are positive changes to further align this solution with the Google ecosystem. I will say that the rebrand was news to me, but I haven't used the app in a month or so now since a recent contract ended .

Drew B.
  • Industry: Insurance Software

Great CRM for Gmail Users

Reviewed on 2019-09-17

Great company with an excellent support team always available. Offer monthly training and update webinars as well.

Pros

Love this CRM as it integrates easily with Gmail. Good ways to customize the pipelines and customer management options.

Cons

Does take some time to set everything up and need to add on a few features to have it customize the way you want.

Response from Copper (formerly ProsperWorks)

Thank you for the kind words, Drew. Taking into consideration your cons for the product and see how we can work to make it better. Thanks again!

Andrew W.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Great CRM for Gmail users

Reviewed on 2020-02-25

Pros

It works as a plug-in for Gmail. That sounds odd at first, but it actually works great assuming most of your sales activity happens by email - because you can add contacts, companies and opportunities (and access all email history with those contacts) with just a few clicks.

Cons

The sidebar takes up too much space when working on a laptop with a small screen (so I turn it off).

Response from Copper

Love this feedback, Andrew. Really helpful for us as we continue to evolve the product. Thanks!

Jonathan D.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

• Customer Support Software

Small business owner review of Copper/Prosperworks after using it one year

Reviewed on 2019-01-24

In general we like it. It does the basics, database of people and companies with contact info, notes, email tracking, bulk email sending. As I said we don't use the sales bits or the pipeline functionality (pipelines are tasks made up of a series of steps which can be assigned). We just use it as a basic CRM. It works with Google Contacts, GMail and Calendar so you become a Google baby. You do have to pay for G Suite, it allows you to use your own domain and emails which is fine. We looked at a lot of CRMs (both free and expensive) and found this worked very well for the price. They still lack a few odd little things though, no birthdays (although you can do that through Google Contacts + Calendar) and it default sort people by their first names. We upgraded to the medium version so we could add lots of user columns to people. Two thumbs up.

Pros

Relatively inexpensive.
Straight forward to use.
Customer support is excellent.
It has extensions to a good pool of add-ons.
It uses pre-existing things like Google Calendar rather than re-inventing them.

Cons

It sits on Google's G Suite so you have to buy that also.
It has extensions to things you have to pay for (versus free ones).
Has some quirks (below).
Has a lot of sales stuff (projections, staff etc) we do not need.

Pedro M.

Great CRM embedded with G Suite

Reviewed on 2020-07-01

The best CRM in the market.

Pros

Embedded 100% with G Suite, integration with many other solutions - easy to use.

Cons

Not linked (embedded) with Google chat and Google Voice. Would be a nice feature.

• Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

• Customer Support Software

Easy to set up, nimble CRM solution

Reviewed on 2019-05-01

Copper provides us with a simple and easy way to track sales and prospects through their strong integration with the Google Apps suite of applications.

Pros

I like that it works quickly out of the box, and the strong integrations with Google Apps.

Cons

The only issues with copper are the same issues you would encounter with other CRMs - that if you have a lot of niche, legacy software you wish to integrate with it, it can be troublesome. However the API they provide gives you a fighting chance, and this isn't really a complaint of the Copper, rather that the rest of our software stack needs to catch up.

Kristina E.
  • Industry: Paper & Forest Products

Extremely easy to use.

Reviewed on 2020-02-20

It has helped me tremendously on keeping track of what my clients need or to have a quick check on what is going on with them or what has been promised to them on my last call or email.

Pros

How easy it is to use and keep everything organized. I love how it automatically saves every change you make to an account. It was very easy to learn how to use and it helps you keep track of everything from phone conversations to tasks.

Cons

I have alerts setup to call my clients every 60 days but they do not always need to be contacted depending on the season or the situation. It would be nice that when I do complete a task it just completes all the ones before it versus keeping it as an ongoing history of undone tasks that I have to go back and check off.

Response from Copper

Thanks for the high praise, Kristina!

Brian W.

• Customer Support Software

I've used multiple CRMs and ProsperWorks is the best product on the market!

Reviewed on 2018-04-24

Pros

It's easy to use, easy to set up, great customer service, easy to customize, great value and easily the best CRM I've ever used. The Gmail integration is amazing and the whole team loves the product.

Cons

The system isn't stable in a Safari browser and regularly crashes or returns me to my previous browser session, losing any data that wasn't saved.

I wish that there were the ability to edit multiple records in a data sheet view.

I also wish I could easily convert Companies/People back to Leads if they were converted by accident or entered incorrectly.

I would also like to be able to have only certain fields appear on select company types instead of every company card.

Kevin P.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

G-Suite Integrated CRM

Reviewed on 2017-07-14

Pricing is great for small companies. We want a solution that can expand by users, but we don't want something that becomes significantly more expensive as additional users are less critical. We feel this is a great solution to include support staff on.

Pros

Seamless G-Suite Integration
Automatically generates profiles, bringing in information from the web such as LinkedIn and Twitter accounts.
Pipeline is very useful - extends Google functionality.

Cons

Only integrates well with one G-Suite account per user, you can have more than one account, but only one integrates seamlessly. This has been a problem for me as I am merging two companies and want to keep both brands.
No tablet app on Android.

• Industry: Online Media

OK but Deceptive Contract/Billing Terms

Reviewed on 2020-08-12

Overall experience was OK until we needed more robust marketing automation, which Copper just couldn't do. Our biggest issue was with their deceptive and poorly worded TOS. They try to require you to cancel 30 days IN ADVANCE of the renewal date, but send no notification of that at that point, nor do the poorly written terms clearly state that. We attempted to cancel prior to the renewal date and were told it was too late. Find me another SaaS product that attempts to require 30-day advance notice of cancellation. Extremely poor customer service in this respect. They are not to be trusted and we would never recommend Copper to anyone.

Pros

The GMail integration provided an effective way to manage and track interactions

Cons

There is virtually not internal reporting functionality or ability to drill down within the available reports to understand what's happening.

Patrick B.

• Customer Support Software

PW is intuitive and logical. The right prompts and simple keystrokes to collect vital...

Reviewed on 2017-05-06

Better information collection and sales pipeline visibility for me means timely actions and more closed sales.

Pros

PW's integration with G-suite supercharges the Gmail experience. email tracking allows perfectly timed calls for clients and much much more.

Cons

PW is currently looking in to effective 2 way contact sync. I am currently paying another 3rd party supplier for this feature. it would improve my workflow if collecting details to "write up" in PW was not required.

Hayden B.
  • Industry: Public Safety

Reliable CRM

Reviewed on 2020-02-20

Great experience. We are finding fortune in the smaller opportunities that slip through cracks. Google's automation is a secondary benefit that our sales team enjoys.

Pros

Copper's ease of use allows our team to focus on hidden opportunities more consistently.

Cons

Copper can sometimes come across as a micromanagement software with its ability to track day to day operations.

Response from Copper

Thanks, Hayden!

Austen A.

• Customer Support Software

My experience has been great so far, very easy automation and integration and small learning...

Reviewed on 2018-07-19

Easily track progress towards sales goals and also easy to keep track of and maintain client relationships.

Pros

Integrates with Gmail very easily and interface is simple and intuitive but still robust in its capabilities. Simple interface made it very easy to quickly pick up and use effectively.

Cons

Would be nice to have user customization options instead of having to go through ProsperWorks for changes. They make any desired changes fairly quickly but it would be cool to be able to make changes and toy with options on our end.

• Industry: Sports

Not your best option

Reviewed on 2021-03-07

Below average, I honestly see very little value in the product and it doesn't scale well with a business at all.

Pros

At the entry-level it is fairly affordable and had decent basic functionality. If a single user or small team has limited knowledge or need for in-depth information and dashboards it provides insight into just the essentials.

Cons

As you start to need a few users/seats, Copper quickly becomes about the same cost as a more powerful CRM like HubSpot, which provides a good free version as a starting point.
The functionality is very limited and doesn't provide much use beyond sales, meaning that extra logins for leadership to view and not use are not included so you would have to add additional paid seats or share credentials. This typically results in asking questions instead of a quick login and review of key metrics.
The reporting and dashboard view is also quite limited and you have to keep upgrading plans to access what should be standard features. This is what now puts you at a price point the same as HubSpot but you're left with a sub-par CRM and no cross-over or cross-functionality in the platform with marketing/service

Peggy G.
  • Industry: Media Production

• Customer Support Software

Easy to learn and lots of features and functionality

Reviewed on 2018-02-15

Overall I have been very happy with Prosperworks. The system was easy to learn and I love the Gmail integration. I just wish I didn't have to pay for the professional package just to get the email tracking.

Pros

Email tracking
Activity tracking
Gmail integration
Ability to create custom fields
Customization features

Cons

Basic package doesn't offer email tracking so I'm paying for a lot of functionality I don't need just to track my emails
Email tracking sometimes doesn't work especially when using Gmail's canned response options

Logan M.
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Copper Pairs Well with G-Suite

Reviewed on 2020-10-09

Copper does the job and it does it well. It is quick and easy to learn and has helped streamline our workflow.

Pros

Copper is a great program to use. With real-time reports, and an easy learning curve, Copper seamlessly fit in with the need in the office. It has the functionality of a google product and works hand-in-hand with G-Suite.

Cons

Copper is a little on the expensive side comparatively to other CRM's, but otherwise I didn't have any other negatives on it.

Gino C.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Copper is easy to use and very relianle

Reviewed on 2020-02-20

Very user friendly. Highly recommended .

Pros

The ease of usage. Very user friendly and has a heap of functions to help with day to day prospecting and sales process.

Cons

There's nothing that I don't like about copper.

Response from Copper

Let's keep the positive vibes going! Thanks for the review, Gino.

Prosperworks is the Best Gmail Integration CRM out there

Reviewed on 2018-04-04

Pros

Instant parsing of gmail information into useable categories.
User Interface with the sidebar is extremely easy to get used to and offers a long list of info at a glance.
Integrates with Zapier for a powerful way to manage pretty much any activity.

Cons

As an independent, Unless you have at least 5 active clients/people you work with on a regular basis, it might not be cost effective.
If you are using Zapier to integrate, you better know how to use Zapier because as 80% business person and 20% tech, I could not figure it out. However, there are consulting firms you can go to who will do the Zapier integration. But, although the integrations can be pricey, it is nothing compared to a salesforce and you still get to keep the gmail interface- (BigPlus for me as a lifetime Gmail user)

Jon T.

The Best Yet

Reviewed on 2015-07-14

Pros

Prosperworks is designed as software should be—it's intuitive. It's not only simple to use, it has a beautiful UI. And if you don't like the standard, out-of-the-box setup, you can easily customize it to your sales process and business.

Unlike other CRMs, it integrates with Google Apps. So every email that you send via Gmail, it automatically associates each communication with the contact you have in Prosperworks. One other thing to add, if you schedule a follow up task, it's added to your calendar. This was huge because we're begin on 'calendaring" all of our time.

Cons

That I don't have anything to say here. Or actually, I like that too.

Eileen C.

• Customer Support Software

It makes managing your customer database and communications so easy

Reviewed on 2018-07-30

Pros

Gmail integration makes life so much easier than the dreaded copy and paste. Email tracking within the system means that all comma stay together

Cons

A minor flaw (that I believe they are working on) is the ability to clone opportunities. Will be happy to see it there.

Amy T.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Prosper works review

Reviewed on 2017-02-25

I love this product. It makes keeping track of leads a breeze and gives you reminders of callbacks. It also integrates with Google.

Pros

I love how easy it is to keep everything organized.

Cons

I don't like that you leads platform and your opertunity are separate.

Rob H.
  • Industry: Public Safety

• Customer Support Software

Pretty easy to use, intuitive, and integrates well with G-suite.

Reviewed on 2018-05-18

Streamlining our business processes - much more efficient and good to share in the cloud with the team.

Pros

Integration with G-suite, drag and drop functionality, the fact that it automatically makes links to contacts via email address etc

Cons

Task management: it's difficult to schedule tasks related to opportunities precisely without having to constantly flip between my Google Calendar and PW. I'd also like an 'all day' task due option. It's good to have the Project functionality, but it seems limited - I'd like some sort of GANTT chart/ project management function built in, then PW really would cover everything as most of our opportunities relate to projects.

Kiara P.

A lot of manual tasks and data entry that should be able to be simplified

Reviewed on 2018-08-08

This system needs much more work done to make it more functional.

Pros

Ease of use, multiple pipelines and Gmail integration that automatically collects emails and stores them to that contact.

Cons

1. The fact that they don't tell you to back up data
2. To backup data you need to purchase Zapier so you can set up an automatic trigger to dump data into Google sheets
3. Manual data entry. Currently trying to tidy up contact information from Google Sheets and many people have put the address or phone number in the wrong format/field and I have been told the only way to rectify is to go through and change each contact.
4. When you input a new contact, each field takes a while to update, so if you continue typing you will realise that it has only picked up half of the information you input.