FiveStars

4.6/5
Customer Support Software

Marcus

• Customer Support Software

We have increased our customer satisfaction greatly, and easu/

Reviewed on 7/24/2018

customer frequency has increased greatly. Quarterly customers become monthly, and monthly customers become weekly. It adds up quickly. Customers enjoy the rewards programs, because it requires no membership card, and it is easy to redeem rewards.

Pros

Ease of use. My staff required nearly zero training on this product, and the down time for the hardware is less than 1% of our operational time.

Cons

It is a little pricey. That is why I rated it 4 stars for value at cost. But, it is very worth the expense. The question about how often do we use the software does not allow for our actual frequency of use which is closer to "every 5 minutes" than Daily, which was the most frequent response allowed.

Caitlin
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Easy and Convenient

Reviewed on 5/27/2022

My overall experience with FiveStars is that the software is great and easy to use. I prefer this software over the other softwares that use their point tracking system. It can be annoying to receive a lot of push notifications daily.

Pros

I enjoy that FiveStars is automatically searching your account using your credit card or phone number. I like that it doesn’t send a lot of text notifications like other companies and apps.

Cons

I don’t really have any complaints about this software. I would like to be able to see the points that I have prior to going to a shop to use it and also use it online to buy items and pick them up in store.

Mark

Good but not great

Reviewed on 10/27/2016

Been with Five Stars for a few years now. Just recently found out that if the customers don't "reply with Y,' they are not even getting our texts or emails. This was not always the case. I realize there is a law on the books now that requires this, but someone at Fivestars, should have reached out to us to alert us. I feel like the last year of sign ups, was a complete waste of time.

My scanner never works. I got tired of calling in all of the time to fix it or get a new one. Now, we don't offer the cards anymore since the scanner never works.

In the console it used to say, Text or Email. Now, it says, "Announcements or Promotions." I not sure who came up with that one. Text and email, is pretty cut and dry. Your retailers know exactly what those are and what they do. However, every time one of our stores goes to send something out, we have to back and look what Announcement is, and what Promotion is. Its like you are purposely trying to not be user friendly.

Pros

I used to like the data and it was easy to use.

Cons

The equipment and console.

Julie
  • Industry: Restaurants

Great for tracking customer visits, points, and rewards!

Reviewed on 6/4/2022

Pros

An all-in-one app and software that allows you to track customer visits, and subsequently the points they garner from each visits and rewards that may be offered to their customers. App is extremely user-friendly and beginner friendly.

Cons

I wish more businesses used Five Stars as opposed to other customer-point gathering app software!

Pavel
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great loyalty program

Reviewed on 7/9/2022

We had more loyalty customers joining to programs

Pros

Members we can had and loyalty easy to used

Cons

Easy to used a lot of options not very expensive

Liz
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Makeover needed!

Reviewed on 11/17/2022

Pros

I like that you can earn rewards at local spots. It lets you know everytime you gain a point from signing in at businesses that are affiliated.

Cons

It's not very up to date, it could use some sprucing up. I wish it had more businesses on the app. You can't hit the back button, you have to hit the X. I wish it also had a list of all businesses that are involved in this program.

Stefania
  • Used for 1-5 months

Not Suitable for My Yoga Business

Reviewed on 6/3/2020

Customer support gave me a very difficult time

Pros

I did not like anything most—the only appeal that drew me in was the text message feature

Cons

Cumbersome — I have MINDBODY online software and it does not integrate with it directly

Mindbody and Perkville

Reasons for Choosing FiveStars

SMS feature

Perkville

Reasons for Switching to FiveStars

SMS feature—I canceled my Fivestars contract
Sal

Five Star Loyalty Rewards Perks

Reviewed on 6/29/2022

Pros

Just the fact that there's programs out there that keep having a customer come back to stack up points from purchases. That in later life they could come back and trade in those points and make me feel like a value customer.

Cons

I love everything about the program I believe many more places need loyalty rewards.

Heather
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

FiveStars

Reviewed on 8/3/2022

Pros

The fact that one can be rewarded just for visiting a store or restaurant or any other place of business for that matter through five stars integration is always beneficial.

Cons

No complaints at this time. Everything is satisfactory.

Jim
  • Industry: Paper & Forest Products

Well worth using FiveStars

Reviewed on 4/17/2022

I’ve enjoyed using it and the $ savings accumulated while using it.

Pros

I like the ease of use and visibility to look up rewards.

Cons

No dislikes about this particular program.

Pam

• Customer Support Software

Five Stars Loyalty simplified our loyalty program while improving our customer relations

Reviewed on 3/12/2018

can't say that there is anything I don't like about the program. I was able to schedule announcements in advance which saved time. My customers appreciated not having to carry around a plastic or paper punch card. The tablets were easy to set up. Customers responded so well with the program. I am very happy we decided to use FiveStars

Pros

FiveStars not only helped create and maintain our loyalty program, but they also monitor customer interactions to turn a one time shopper in to a loyal customer. It is very user friendly. Customers use a tablet to enter their information and once they're in the system, we can reward them with coupons and incentives to come back to shop. FiveStars monitors how long a customer has been away from the store and allowed us to target certain messages to those customers who hadn't been in the store in a while. We were able to make our customer count stronger and created a sense of urgency with coupons and promotions. It was also beneficial that we could let customers know about upcoming events. I love that FiveStars wants you to be successful. They would call to check in and give useful advice and tips to continue to grow our business through the loyalty program.

Cons

I

Amanda

Worth The Investment!

Reviewed on 11/3/2016

As a family owned business, we know the importance of customer loyalty. FiveStars allows us to see what motivates our return customers, and to keep track of the customers who are less regular. The set-up was easy. As soon as we received our tablets, a Customer Service person walked us through step-by-step. The software is user friendly, so we were able to implement FiveStars immediately. Their marketing specialists have helped us establish effective rewards and promotions. Technical support has been great too! In addition to their support phone number, FiveStars also has chat and e-mail contacts, which means we can always get an answer to any question we may run into.

Pros

Very user friendly software - Customer support is super!
We run 5 registers at one time, and we are easily able to identify customers at the front counter. After a customer has been in once, we can call them by name as soon as they enter their phone number.

Cons

We have had multiple customers log in with both their home phone and their cell phone numbers, and it would be nice if there was a way for us to merge those two numbers together into one account without having to contact FiveStars each time this happens. It would also be great if their information could communicate directly with our order entry. It isn't a big inconvenience, but that would remove one extra step at the front counter if we didn't have to make entries manually.

The good and the bad.

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

Pros

Fivestars is an excellent software that is easy to use and is great for rewarding current clients. You can customize the rewards you give to current clients very easily. The text out feature is also nice to get your current promotions out.

Cons

When you sign up for the program they sell you on the business matching (marketing) for people that are on the app and near your business. You can create specials that pop up when people that use the app are near by. The problem is they don't switch on business matching for you unless you sign up 20 new fivestars members a week. I operate a spa that sees a lot of repeat clients and we don't always have 20 new clients a week which makes it very hard to be able to utilize this part of the service. I think smaller businesses should know this before they pay the big price tag for the hardware and service. Or they should find a way to include smaller businesses more effectively.

Nipuna
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Customer loyalty with STARS

Reviewed on 8/27/2019

Fivestar is an user friendly program which helps to keep update with customers. Help to build loyal customers by sending them messages to inform about new promotion and keep updated them with the deals.

Pros

This is simple and user-friendly as well as it is customizable. Super customer service. It helps to get critical customer data.

Cons

Its SOMETIMES hard to reach customer support quickly.

Marsello

Zinrelo

Reasons for Switching to FiveStars

Its little bit easy to use.
Jessica

Pretty Standard, Nothing to Sneeze at.

Reviewed on 7/17/2019

Fivestar picks pretty good companies, or vise versa. That gives me the impression there is a good level of trust there, and Vendors that I speak to about it out of curiosity. This is encouraging when giving this sort of feedback. As a consumer/customer, I find it pretty easy to use and easy to navigate!

Pros

This is a pretty neat idea to have as an extra little something when you visit a favorite business of yours or to try something new. I have personally noticed that some “perks” are offered by the business pretty casually, but nice to have them all in one place.

I will say that it is a neat and accurate feature to try out what is in the area. Not ideal too much if you don’t live in an area should you never have a chance to use it continuously, but great for local places.

Cons

This app works rather accurately with what it claims, so no real complaints. I cannot wait to see more places that will jump on and use it.

Kyle

Easy interaction

Reviewed on 11/15/2016

I like the paperless idea for the rewards. Saves me time and money dealing with people who lose thier cards and coupons. I also like that i am able to send different offers to customers who have not been back to our restaurant over a period of time. It gives me the ability go offer these customers whatever i choose and also lets me offer all my customers some offers. The only thing i dislike is when the network isnt strong the tablets lose connection

Pros

Paperless. The offers i can extend to lost customers. And how i can track thier points and visits very easily. They are easy to get ahold of to resolve problems

Cons

The network connection and how it goes down. The charge of the tablets doesnt last very long. Sometimes to many points get added to peoples accounts and i which it had a button asking if ur sure before u add those points. Some people are old and technology is hard for them.

Jason

Fivestars gets a 1 out of 5

Reviewed on 10/15/2019

There are no problems to solve besides to get rid of fivestars completely. all five stars does is get maybe 1-3% of customers to shop more often, but the concept of increasing sales and bringing customers back on a regular basis is completely and falsely advertised.

Pros

The idea and concept is great
its like a loyalty card you would use at safeway or giant but for multiple stores

Cons

BUT it doesnt work for small businesses, doesnt work in the suburbs or in areas that dont have many shops signed up withe fivestars
the cost to maintain account is extremely expensive and DOES NOT INCREASE SALES whatsoever

Jonathan

• Customer Support Software

Best rewards program out there

Reviewed on 4/4/2018

Pros

Rewards programs are an ingenious marketing tool and I think no one does it better than FiveStars. The way users can conveniently "check-in" with their phone number, receive text messages with new offers from FiveStars and earn rewards with points. I really like how mostly local, small business are have offers from FiveStars. It makes it even easier to support them over the large corporate chains, which I enjoy doing.

Cons

My only gripe is losing points due to businesses that switch to a new rewards program or those who have gone out of business, I wish there was a way FiveStars would convert points in these scenarios, so that I don't feel like my loyalty to a certain establishment was for nothing.

Nadjaliette
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Props

Reviewed on 4/11/2019

I used Fivestar years ago when I worked at metro pcs and went to college back in 2012. I always told people to download it and it was a great app. I’m glad you guys did a great come back. I love it! Getting more involved! I would love to work as a sponsor.!

Pros

I love that it helps find nearby places that are a part of five star.

Cons

More offers and deals within companies. Maybe a rewards within fivestar.

Josh

Great Loyalty Software

Reviewed on 11/30/2018

We used to use paper loyalty cards and clients were losing those all the time, so they could never redeem their loyalty points. Also, I was spending a lot of money in new cards because when a client lost a card, they got a new one. This has saved me time and allows the clients to actually get their reward points, which is great! It's offered at a reasonable price as well. I've seen an influx in customer engagement with my loyalty program since I started using fivestars

Pros

Fivestars is an easy to use, great customer loyalty software. Clients can earn reward points each time they come to my business. It gives them an incentive to keep coming back! The promotions you can create are really easy to set up.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about fivestars

Krislyn

Very convenient to use

Reviewed on 3/4/2019

Pros

What i like about Five Stars was you don’t have to bring any sort of member card. And, points can accumalate too for freebies. If you download the app, you can checkout for most of their good offers

Cons

I don’t see any con about this. It is free membership so no cons

Great Loyalty Program

Reviewed on 7/20/2018

Improved Loyalty program over the paper punch cards. Improved conversion and customer satisfaction. Saved time and frustration over lost paper cards and missing rewards.

Pros

The dashboard design is easy to use and customizable. The autopilot functions show the results in an easy to read format that makes it so nice in seeing what works and what doesn't.

Cons

For a while the customers name showed up on the admin page and you knew exactly who received the points. The latest updates removed the name from that screen - you can still look up the customer by clicking on the link, but its a step I wish they hadn't removed.

Zach

Compensation

Reviewed on 2/25/2019

In the longevity it’s a good idea. But the inflation of costs of products in stores with 5 Star seems to only have taken effect when they installed the softwares in the stores.

Pros

The implementation of a rewards system with stores is a great idea. The chance to get discounts based on the frequency of people shopping in the specific store.

Cons

They raise the prices of items to counter the margin loss of the rewards.

April
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Great App!

Reviewed on 2/25/2019

I have not had any problems at all and I always see the updated points.

Pros

I like how quickly my points were added to my account and I could see my coupons.

Cons

I don't really see anything that stands out as a problem.

Humberto

It's always great to receive an added bonus

Reviewed on 8/11/2019

Pros

The software is easy to use for customers. You just use your phone number and create an account. So many companies use them for added bonuses when you buy something using their membership. I've gotten discounts, free meals, and even gotten recommendations for new places because of Fivestar.

Cons

Honestly, I haven't had any issues with Fivestar at all as a customer. The only time I've gotten frustrated with it has been because the store or restaurant that uses Fivestar has had internet issues and I don't get my points.