Jeff G.

• Customer Support Software

Works good - has a few issues which I have reported on several occasions but would require...

Reviewed on 2017-05-05

Providers can see all of their schedules in one place - I do over a hundred. They can sync with some third party calendar programs and check on their smartphones.
The software is not geared toward the healthcare industry, however. MD's work more than 1 position at a time. These should not conflict. Yet conflicts should show if they're mistakenly scheduled for a clinic at another location or for a meeting when they need to be in the clinic. This is a problem.

Pros

I have the flexibility to set the software up the way I need to for efficient scheduling. My schedules are complex and I am able to create 'workarounds' to better utilize the software.

Cons

I have a few issues: I have many providers (employees) that work more that 1 position simultaneously. It would be wonderful if you could selectively check or uncheck a box for each position to determine whether the position will show if it conflicts with another position. (But not globally turn off the conflicting feature for all conflicts).

If an employee covers 2 positions simultaneously, it shows as a conflict. It would be nice if there was a `work around for this. If you could select/deselect a box to designate whether you want a position to show a conflict, this would be great. That way, some positions that are covered by an employee working another position would not show as a conflict every time.

For example, There are a few positions that staff are assigned to that they do in addition to their main assigned position - e.g. someone working MCH Attending will also cover the OB Dept. This is done on a rotation/alternating basis but changes often. Whenever a provider is working MCH Attending and also covering OB Backup, I have to adjust the time of the OB coverage so that a conflict does not show up. If I didn't, I would have twenty or more conflicts each month and, as you know, once you get in the habit of ignoring conflicts, you then ignore the one that is a `real conflict and a problem results.

The conflict feature is great, yet is sometimes a pain because I have to create 'workarounds' which are less than desirable.

Alden W.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Overall Good Product

Reviewed on 2020-12-12

I would recommend to a friend

Pros

It was very easy to begin and get started quickly.

Cons

Some of the break features and managing employee shift trades was not so smooth.

Alison S.

• Customer Support Software

this program saved my business

Reviewed on 2016-07-31

We spent so much time just getting schedules done and then something would happen - some one is sick or their grandmother died - Then there was all the communication getting employees with the right skills to cover the shift -. I went looking for a scheduling software and got so much more. We use the dashboard and email features every day to keep staff aware of changes. Our business depends on everybody knowing 100s of ever changing details.
We use the email and training functions to keep the staff current with policy changes, to learn new systems and to refresh knowledge when things seem to be slacking.
Being able to send emails to specific groups let us communicate sensitive information securely to those who need to know.
I recommend this to everyone I know who has to manage any size business.

Pros

Communication - quick and flexible. most of my 20 somethings have a phone, rarely use email and rely on apps for everything. The phone app still needs some work but it has been the end of excuses about schedules
the bulletin board keeps everyone communicating not just us to them but they communicate with each other.

Cons

Searching forward and back by months is awkward - google has the same issue with their calendars. I often need to go from a day view now to a day view months away. the path isn't intuitive

Janice D.

ShiftPlanning

Reviewed on 2016-09-14

While ShiftPlanning is a great product, with most of the features I need, it was a bit confusing as to which settings to use and how to set them up. I am tech-savvy and it took about a month to understand the steps to get to a certain result. Tech Support was invaluable with their quick response and help. I use it 100% now, and wonder now how we got along without it. Such a timesaver!

Pros

It's invaluable in time-keeping and creating shifts. The report function is fantastic for timekeeping and payroll. There are work-arounds to get to where you need to be, with the help of Tech Support.
The mobile app for the staff is easy to use.

Cons

The desktop version is not user-friendly at first. Once you figure out the concept and how it works, and with time, you get to know the ins/outs. While I am tech savvy, I was confused about where to start with the set-up, which settings to use, and how to set up those settings for our company. The set-up was a disappointment to me in that you need a lot of time to understand how to do the different settings. I had to keep bugging Tech Support to help me with it.
The tutorials are great, but the User Manual needs a lot of work.

Nicole D.

• Customer Support Software

Quick access to company time clock

Reviewed on 2019-07-17

Humanity is what my company uses to clock in and out and track schedules for all employees, it eliminates the issues around keeping tracking of time with our traditional digital time clock, it also is very easy to request time off, keep track when other employees call out, and their mobile app makes remote workdays a breeze.

Pros

Humanity is easy to use, learn, and understand. They have a nice mobile app which makes any remote workdays very easy to track. They make it simple to find the schedules of all employees within the company regardless of which department or office location they are in.

Cons

Sometimes clocking in and out remotes glitches but customer service is always fast to correct the issue.

Response from Humanity (Shiftplanning)

Hi, Nicole,

What a fantastic review, thank you!

We are happy to hear you have enjoyed the mobile experience, our excellent customer service, and the ability to eliminate issues around time clock tracking.

With appreciation,

The Humanity Team

• Industry: Performing Arts

• Customer Support Software

Humanity is great for corporations with a high volume of employees.

Reviewed on 2018-05-30

Easy access and clear communication when inquiring about my schedule

Pros

This shift planning software allows the employees to schedule and update shifts with ease without having to be in constant back and forth with the supervisor. As an employee, I can view what shifts are available months in advance and mark my unavailabilities so that Humanity marks those shifts as blocked. The greatest features include a message wall where supervisors may send employees mass messages as well as the feature to view who is on what shifts, even if they are on different calls than you.

Cons

The one thing that could be reevaluated would be the notification system. If Humanity were to send notifications when new shifts become available, as well as text message reminders/updates instead of email reminders getting lost in the inbox. Currently, employees must check the available shifts daily to find any new available shifts.

• Industry: Media Production

• Customer Support Software

Great tool, somewhat hard to navigate

Reviewed on 2018-05-01

Pros

It allows me to see my colleague's schedules and record time off, etc. It was re-designed a few months ago and is now more visually pleasing.

Cons

The tool doesn't offer "everything" - we were in need of a more robust tool to track PTO requests and HR documentation, so we eventually transitioned to a different software.

Response from Humanity (Shiftplanning)

Hello, thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it! We are sorry to hear to hear you are no longer using our app. Our clients mainly use our features for the top-quality employee scheduling, time tracking, vacation management and payroll. While our software makes the job easier for many HR representatives, we are predominantly focusing on employee scheduling needs of our clients.

Mauro alejandro J.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

The camera bug on Humanity

Reviewed on 2019-03-26

Pros

The Shiftplanning view is the most powerful feature for productivity for reviewing your schedule and shifts at work.

Cons

There is a bug with the dashboard view and the photo snapshot for the shift acknowledge that most of the time crash on the internet version of the app. The solution for this bug that I have found to work is to clean the cache (sometimes work) or click the dashboard tab for reloading the page (sometimes work too).

Response from Humanity (Shiftplanning)

Hi, Mauro Alejandro,
Thank you for bringing our attention to the issue you've been experiencing. Our Product team tested it and found that everything functions properly on our end. In case anything similar occurs, please reach out to our Support team via Live Chat so we can get more details about the issue and help you resolve it.

Derek P.

Wow, what a difference.

Reviewed on 2016-09-01

Mt Baker Camp has been using this software (Shiftplanning) since the end of 2013.
We use for managing all levels of staffing.
We track hours worked, HUGE advantage in allowing employees & volunteers to see when they are scheduled multiple weeks ahead of time.
At the end of the year it's easy to run reports to show how many total hours where contributed.

Pros

Time Clock - for payroll processing this is a life-saver (going from paper punch clock & card swiping)
Scheduler / Calendar.
Lots of training material & how-to-do's.

Cons

mmmmm...nothing

• Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

shift planning visibly stunning

Reviewed on 2019-04-04

Pros

You can just pull this up and at a glance see everything you need. I can tell who is working and who is off and how long. And it has a great option to message people.

Cons

I wish there was easier access to user images

Response from Humanity (Shiftplanning)

Hi,
It's great to hear such a positive review, especially from a loyal customer like yourself. If you'd like to provide us with more details about the difficulty accessing the user images, please feel free to do so via our 24/7 Live Chat or [email protected]

Joseph P.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Life Changer

Reviewed on 2017-04-15

Humanity has saved me so much time. I don't know what I would do without it. The Amion program is being pushed by my company's upper administration because it is cheaper. So, I hope I'm not forced to leave you guys because of money. I am trying to show them how easy your application is to use. I am hoping once they see that, others in the company will want to use Humanity for scheduling their providers and drop Amion. However, that's iffy. Do you guys have a corporate discount that would be a flat fee instead of a fee based on number of employees? Novant Health is the 31st largest healthcare system in America. If I could get them to use Humanity instead of Amion for scheduling all of the healthcare providers who do shift work, it would be a sizable amount.

Pros

see comments

Cons

see comments

Jason D.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

• Customer Support Software

Great Tool, was very good when I started using it 2 years ago, has only gotten better

Reviewed on 2017-04-17

I've been using Humanity for over 2 years, and can't imagine staffing without it. Very useful tool that I've recommended it to several people.

Pros

Great for time off requests, availability breakdowns and visualizing the schedule quickly and easily

Cons

Some basic features missing: ability to unfill all shifts, ability to copy shifts to different positions, ability to discount break times, ability to.

Chris J.
  • Industry: Insurance Software

• Customer Support Software

Great Product- but it comes at a price

Reviewed on 2018-01-11

Pros

The interface for this software is great. It's extremely easy to use. They can confirm staff identities using facial and fingerprint recognition. They have rule based scheduling and unlimited locations. The software is extremely easy to use and very robust.

Cons

This is a great software but it does come at a cost. They are one of the more expensive platforms in the market.

Response from Humanity (Shiftplanning)

Hi Chris, thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it! As for the pricing, we understand your comment and we would like to explain that this minimum pricing is necessary in order to support our clients with the premium services we offer. While we provide constant product updates, we keep our pricing plans the same

Gabriella Q.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

• Customer Support Software

Great tool for creating team schedules!

Reviewed on 2019-10-31

We use it to build schedules for our entire team and keep track of time cards

Pros

It’s easy and user friendly. Allows us to quickly build schedules and move things round like building blocks. It also has a great system for keeping track of time cards.

Cons

It would be cool to have the option of making multiple schedules within one organization and adding it for other teams to view.

Sandra L.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

• Customer Support Software

Perfect tool for what we needed

Reviewed on 2017-04-20

We are a roller skating facility, after school club and party venue that has lots of part time employees, seasonal employees and most our folks work different positions within the company. Humanity allows us to schedule easily and approve time sheets so our accountants have an easy time keeping up with who works what position. We finally found a program that not only schedules but tallies the time sheets property and gives us a great overview of our payroll budget.

Pros

Ease of scheduling and payroll budgeting and tallying.
Amazing customer support.

Cons

There's a learning curve initially but the company has such patient and informed trainers, we were up to speed quickly.

Skyler N.

Shiftplanning, 8/10

Reviewed on 2017-10-03

Pros

Shiftplanning is great for shift organization and personnel tracking. Our employees use it on a day to day basis.

Cons

Lack of interface customization. Other than that, there is isn't much else to complain about. Overall solid product.

Karen W.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

• Customer Support Software

Saves time, frustration and money

Reviewed on 2015-12-22

I researched several options and ShiftPlanning offered everything on my wish list for a price within my budget. All the pre-sale promises proved to be true once I began using ShiftPlanning. I reduced time spent scheduling by 75%. The employees praised the introduction of ShiftPlanning.

Pros

The online chat support is quick to respond and is backed up with online documentation and videos. The software is very intuitive and the support team was very helpful in getting me up and running. After that I needed minimual support.

My second favorite feature is the "Availablity" function. Staff can block out either a recurring day of the week, time of day or a specific date. This eliminated scheduling errors for everyone.

Cons

The product is designed for online use by the Scheduler and employees. I also like to post a printed copy of the schedule. The filter function allows significant flexibility when printing but I'd like to see more control over the page breaks when printing the schedule.

• Industry: Media Production

Easy to use.

Reviewed on 2018-08-22

Pros

Easy to use. I've used both the web and app version. For myself, it was just a one or two click process and I only needed the "clock in" feature, so efficient access is important.

Cons

The edit mode when adjusting a time clock period was confusing and glitchy. I had a hard time adjusting times of breaks or correcting times.

Stephanie P.

• Customer Support Software

I absolutely love humanity! Wouldn't use another software for shift planning.

Reviewed on 2017-10-10

Pros

It is so easy to use! Adding new employees is a breeze and uploading schedules is even easier! It can be sent right to the employees email and or cell phone so they always have access to their schedule.

Cons

I love everything about humanity. If I had to think of one thing I dislike I dislike it, it would probably be something as irrelevant as I wish it would save my log in information so I don't have to type it in everytime. This is seriously the best software!

William H.
  • Industry: Automotive

• Customer Support Software

Relieved a HUGE headache!!!!

Reviewed on 2017-04-21

I was just using a rudimentary spread sheet when I came across Humanity. I love the simplicity and ease of the product and how it interfaces across so many forms of communication. Brilliant product. I don't see us ever looking elsewhere for a similar product. Love it!

Pros

It's simplicity!

Cons

Hmmm ... not really sure right now ...

Randi B.

Time Sheets Made a Easy

Reviewed on 2016-04-05

The Custom report function has cut my payroll time in half. I just need to figure out how to export it in the format I need without having to do many edits to and payroll would be a breeze. The only thing I wish they would change would be to have the clock-in and out button on the dashboard page to make it easier for my employees to clock in and out. Sometimes they sign-in and forget to actually clock in or forget to clock out so the next employee clocks them out and forgets to sign themselves in... not really a ShiftPlanning issue, really just need my employees to pay better attention and be mindful of their time sheets, but I'' hold my breath on that one.

Pros

Easy of use, excellent technical support and quick implementation.

Cons

Should have clock-in and out button on the dashboard page.

Aminata N.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Love the new look

Reviewed on 2016-08-01

I love the new look but still miss the ease of use of the old look. So far though, I love the application and use it everyday.

Pros

The ease of use. Customer support is always available

Cons

A few bugs when using the site with Google Chrome

Anna B.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Humanity

Reviewed on 2019-07-18

Pros

I like that I receive email and text reminders incrementally before my shift begins

Cons

The home page has a lot going on. Don't need to see birthdays and stuff.

Response from Humanity (Shiftplanning)

Hi, Anna,
Thank you for your feedback, we're glad to hear the app has been useful to you.

To customize your Humanity Dashboard, try the "Manage Widgets" option, which allows you to enable or hide widgets in line with your needs. Learn more here: https://helpcenter.humanity.com/en/articles/3108003-manage-widgets-enable-or-disable-widgets

For any questions, don't hesitate to contact our Support Team via Live Chat.

Amy B.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Highly Recommend

Reviewed on 2017-04-18

I have a small business with 11 employees, and Humanity created a custom plan to meet my needs. Customer service is always quick to respond. The program saves a ton of time and headache and has features that put accountability on the employees (scheduling time off, trading shifts, setting available days/hours).

Pros

ease of use, organized

Cons

employees continue to have issues with full functionality on the mobile app

Gina T.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Very user friendly software

Reviewed on 2017-05-16

Pros

We like the ease of scheduling our guards and getting their shifts acknowledged electronically. Our guards like the ease of access as well.

Cons

It is a hassle that they charge per active employee instead of ranges of employees. The security industry has a high turn over rate and having to disable guards regularly can be hard sometimes