4.5
4.3
4.1
Matthew V.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Great for automating payments from clients

Reviewed on 2019-11-25

Great for start ups and small businesses who are trying to keep a low overhead. Their customer service is nice to work with, I usually would just chat with them or send them an email because I am familiar with using online software. For someone who isn't tech savvy they do have a call in option.

Pros

Really easy to set up, and integrated with the merchant processing of my choice. When we first switched over Zoho subscriptions were the only tool that could email multiple reminders to the clients prior to the billing renewal which I feel is great for subscription services.

The customer portal on the backend allows for customers to change their credit card information without me or one of my team members to have to do it manually. Super time saver.

It also notifies my team when a payment doesn't go through for whatever reason and can automatically retry the card again.

When we first started, it gave up to $50k worth of transactions as a free trial. Meaning you don't have to pay for a subscription until you reach 50k worth of transactions or a certain number of clients. Really cool.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like was that I couldn't do a one time payment easily. Sometimes we have one time jobs such as web development or consulting, and it makes it kind of hard to use just this one system. We had to also get Zoho invoice to complement what we were doing. So unless you are doing just recurring subscriptions you'll need to get an invoicing tool as well.
Als ran into problems with the customer portal, but most of my clients didn't wnat to log in so it wasn't that big of a deal.

Response from Zoho

Hi Matthew,

Good to hear from you!

Thank you so much for such a detailed review on both Zoho Invoice and Subscriptions. It means so much to us.

Regarding the benefits of the client portal and payment retry settings, we couldn't agree more! Glad to know we are a part of your subscription business journey.

Lucas P.
Industry: Information Technology & Services
Company size: Self Employed

Gets the job done. Great customer and subscription admin panel.

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2020-04-26

My client needed to quickly deploy a simple subscription-based membership system and ZoHo Subscriptions totally fit the bill. It provided a test environment identical to the launch environment so there was little in the way of post-launch bug cleanup. The system was super easy to set up an MVP and was flexible enough so that we could build on this MVP as our real-world usage brought to light other features we wanted to deploy.

Pros

Pricing structure
API integrations
Webhook announcements
Clean and intuitive admin panel
Robust reporting
Subscription pricing flexibility with coupons and addons

Cons

The non-API deployment is a bit limited in terms of collecting any customer information that's not part of the default data. We didn't have the budget to do a full API deployment, but we were able to come up with some workarounds to collect info in fields not specifically designed for that information. When we did go with the full API deployment, it was pretty easy to transition our hacked-together data collection into the new custom fields.

Response from Zoho

Hi Lucas,

Thanks for taking the time to review Zoho Subscriptions!

We are happy to know your feedback on the Sandbox environment, the API and webhook capabilities and the flexibility aspect of the app. We believe your subscription billing is streamlined as per your needs. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us anytime.

Happy to have you with us Lucas.

Joe B.
Industry: Consumer Electronics

A good Subscriptions solution

Reviewed on 2020-12-10

When it comes to subscriptions software, there are not many good choices out there, and the monthly cost is high and this is the case for Zoho subscriptions and it lacks many features available in other software for the same cost. The interface needs to be polished as many features are hidden and hard to find and needs more integrations

Pros

It does what it supposed to do, handle subscriptions and payments for recurring billing, the interface is ok but can be better

Cons

Some features are not available and no API , the cost is kind of high if you have a high number of clients

Doug F.

Rating only

Reviewed on 2017-02-23

Alex B.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Recommended to All my SAAS Friends

Reviewed on 2018-11-13

We use this everyday, and are continuing to build upon it. It integrates directly into Zoho Books which makes our bookkeeping super easy. This was one of the main reasons we chose to use it.

Pros

This software makes automatic billing an unbelievably easy thing to do. I absolutely love how you can create products, and within the product create different pricing plans. You can set how each customer should be billed and how often. It provides an online billing account for your customers to see their subscriptions, paid invoices and even update their credit card details.

Cons

We love it, but our main gripe about Zoho Subscriptions is that you only get one Hosted payment page for ALL of your products and plans. This is truly odd to me, and many people in the forums are also confused why there has not been any ability to create different payment pages for different products. This means that if you have two different branded subscriptions...you must somehow make a single check out page that fits both of them. Also, it's the same page as when a user updates their cc info... everything else is amazing with this product, but for us, it was a face-palm.

Mark F.
Industry: Insurance

Great way to keep track of subscription purchases

Reviewed on 2019-08-30

I'm not sure what we would do without Zoho Subscriptions. It has taken us from spreadsheets and manual invoicing to an automated process. This has saved us hours of manual labor. I love how we can keep track of our clients and quickly issue refunds if needed.

Pros

I love how Zoho Subscriptions can connect to several payment processors. Its also wonderful how it auto syncs with Zoho CRM without having to build an API.

Cons

Didn't have any cons. Great program to use.

Response from Zoho

Hello Mark,

Thanks a bunch for the awesome review!

It's great to know your journey from spreadsheets to automatic invoicing and that's what we have been always focusing on - helping business owners save time and streamline processes, so that they can focus on the actual business!

If you are interested, we love to hear your success story and share it with Zoho's millions of customers. Feel free to contact me directly :)

Great for my Renewals !!

Reviewed on 2019-05-01

Overall a great solutions that works really well , don,t have anything really bad to say about it ... does exactly what it need to do !!

Pros

Set it and forget it , i would not be able to function with the amount of subscriptions i have , Zoho take the hard work out of the management

Cons

No being able to change a subscription easily once set up , also not being able to change a customers Vat Rate , i have customers in different zones and if they ask to change from GBP to USD i have to create a new account

Industry: Computer Software

Great tool for presenting and maintaining subscriptions

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019-09-05

Because our service model is subscription based, Zoho's tool that interacts with its CRM and other tools (like creator) is invaluable, and we are very pleased with it, and plan to use it indefinitely.

Pros

Loved the tool for building subscription checkout options, as well as the templates and options to customize with code. There was a great deal of freedom presented, and it served us very well. The ability to create and manage the plans themselves was also highly intuitive, and easy to adjust and update.

Cons

I have been very happy with this service, and if I have something I wish I could do, almost always find that this has already been covered in another feature.

Response from Zoho

Hi there,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us.

We are really glad that you are able to manage your subscriptions seamlessly using Zoho Subscriptions. And it's great to know our integration with Zoho CRM and Creator are helpful. That's exactly what we aimed at offering - a powerful, integrated ecosystem!

If you are interested, we would love to hear and publish your success story with Zoho's millions of customers. Feel free to reach out to me anytime.

Kurt K.
Industry: Internet

Good for Scaling

Reviewed on 2019-05-31

We needed to have one recurring invoice for partners that have multiple clients and subscriptions. And ZohoSubs was a great solution.

Pros

Integrations with Payments is very seamless.
Setting up WebForms to create subscriptions is fairly easy.

Cons

Integration with ZohoCRM is not as seamless as hoped.

Kasey S.

Great system

Reviewed on 2019-05-31

Pros

The customer service is awesome! Someone is always available to speak over the phone right away !

Cons

I wish you could have 1 email address associated with various different customers vs creating 1 customer and having multiple subscriptions under one.

Ari G.
Industry: Entertainment

Top Notch Subscription Service

Reviewed on 2019-04-29

Very solid subscription service, honest, reliable, doesn't demand a percentage of your sales, but simply functions as a reliable subscription management service.

Pros

This is a highly competent subscription service, more features than we could possibly use, and we get to use our own billing. Many subscription services also want to do your billing, or getting a percentage of our sales, charging more than our bank, and then they "own" our customers, which is a deal-breaker for us. Zoho Subscriptions is what a subscription service should be, a highly competent web service that does all the heavy lifting, and plugs into our website and payment processors. We've been with Zoho for two years without an outage. We couldn't be happier.

Cons

The lack of an easily integrated customer portal results in us having to write a lot of user-facing pages on our site simply to do what is already available in the admin interface. But every time we've had a genuinely poorly designed thing on Zoho's end, they listened and rolled out changes within a few months. They obviously care about making this the best service.

Ashley L.
Industry: Retail

Easy and efficient

Reviewed on 2019-05-31

We have been using Zoho subscriptions for about a year now and so far so good. We have had some road blocks in the bringing trying to figure out where all the functions we needed where and now to handle special circumstances, but we have figured out most of its workings and its been pretty much smooth sailing since then.

Pros

I like that you can postpone payment if someone wishes to suspend their membership without have to cancel the whole subscription. I also like that emails are so easy to send the customers right through the website.

Cons

My only complainant is that the initial set up when adding a new customer could be a little more simplified and straight forward. Some of our sales team says it takes a few times to get used to where all the information is that is required and is doesn't point you in the right direction (i.e. high lighting a tab you missed) it just tells you you missed for example the address. Also I would like to see a reminder for when someone's postponed payment will be due again.

Industry: Computer Software

Good system that works reliably

Reviewed on 2019-05-01

We are using Zoho for managing subscription payments for a SaaS product and it is working great. FOr the most part the system just works which is the most important thing to us.

Pros

Once set up, it runs pretty seamlessly without problems or difficulties. We have been on with them for a couple of years and haven't experienced any problems as the system changes and evolves

Cons

The documentation is not easy to use and I haven't found a good source for help. Their forums are good for cookie cutter questions, but challenging to get out if the box answers.

William F.

Best Subscription Software for All-Sized Businesses

Reviewed on 2019-08-28

Pros

Zoho Subscriptions is great because it allows our company to easily collect payments and then also run promotions and other types of outside-the-box type of billing. Easily integrates with Zoho CRM so our sales team can run orders efficiently and easily.

Cons

Don't love the fact that you have to create your own billing portals but once you complete this step, you're all set and everything runs easily from there.

Chris D.

Great Potential but a Few Key Failures

Reviewed on 2019-05-30

We offer subscriptions to our services to make it easier for customers to access agency services and manage their payments instead of getting a $100 bill one month and a $1200 bill the next. It also helps us structure client relationships with responsibilities and on going work.

Pros

You can build plans for whatever you want with products and that is pretty simple in and of itself. It is tightly integrated to other Zoho Apps so that get's an A+, the testing environment is not too hard to configure. Add-on products can be created but not listed on the hosted page so an Add On essentially has to be added down the road as an invoiced item which means clients cannot configure their solution.

Cons

Spent about 3 hours configuring Test and when I created the Live environment - had to to it all over again. Nothing you create in Test is in Live. I have checked it twice - it asks you to copy an environment and when I did - poof - had to recreate the products and addons all over again. That seems like a glaring error and opens the solution to errors in subscriptions, wording, pricing, everything. Very odd way to build the solution.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Bhishm S.

All-in-One Subscription software

Reviewed on 2019-06-11

We are a recurring subscription-based business. Customer pays us monthly. Many times we need to change the subscription plan and adjust dates accordingly.

This software perfectly fits that. It becomes so easy to manage all our paid customers and their subscriptions.

Pros

Hosting pages features, multiple products, and multiple plans, ease of use, clean interface.
Subscription management is also very easy.

Cons

It should have post payment, landing page feature.

Thomas M.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Great software- easy...

Reviewed on 2019-07-13

Always helpful. Customer service is quick and responsive. I see no reason to ever stop using this software.

Pros

Helps me stay organized within my small business. Works as an accounting feature for me as well in regards to some of the reporting. Very intuitive with ability to customize everything, including branding. LOVE!

Cons

I really do not have any cons to this software!

Mike C.
Industry: Information Services

Zoho Subscriptions hits the sweet spot!

Reviewed on 2019-05-30

Pros

Zoho Subscriptions hits the sweet spot by providing the functionality needed by most small to medium sized subscription providers at a low cost. Its direct integration with Avalara Tax takes care of critical sales tax calculations. Its multiple payment providers handle everything from credit card transactions to delayed invoicing. Its built-in subscription management reminders and customer portal keep your customers up to date on their subscription status.

Cons

Lack of a direct Quickbooks integration.

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Satisfied customer

Reviewed on 2019-04-26

Pros

I like the fact that my customers have the ability to log in and update any info for themselves at any time (client portal)

Cons

I wish that this product would integrate with my routing software. (Jobber). That way I can save time and not have to manually transfer customer info to my other software (jobber)

Glenn C.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Executive Director

Reviewed on 2019-05-30

Overall, a positive experience in respect to CRM manangement

Pros

-extremely powerful
-subscription renewal an excellent feature

Cons

-lag between CRM syncing with subscription
-problem with subscription: prorated rates within a month are not flexible; and adding 2nd tier subscriptions is complex and awkward
-cannot change change on 2nd tier subscriptions automatically
-updates to subscribers disappear to subscriber in 7 days and cannot be re-implemented by admin

Nisarg G.
Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Easy to use and helpful

Reviewed on 2019-05-31

Pros

- Provide automation
- Easy to integrate with our product
- Customer services are good

Cons

- Sometimes the system gets buggy
- All the options are not there which is in Zoho invoices
- Customer services are only via email, chat or direct phone lines are not that responsive

Joseph H.
Industry: Financial Services

Review of ZOHO Subscriptions

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019-06-11

ZOHO subscriptions has been beneficial to our business by allowing us to receive our payments much faster than we previously were doing. it's like invoicing and bill collection all in one.

Pros

We like the ability to process all our payment and that is it integrated with ZOHO CRM. The various report that are available allow us to manage our business. We never received any training but have been able to navigate the software pretty good. They customer support does a good job answering our emails and phone calls fairly quickly.

Cons

We are not very happy at the time it takes to complete the process of clearing the ACH transactions. we know immediately whether we are funded but the invoices still show outstanding when they are not. so it makes it difficult to know what invoices are actually outstanding.

Taryn C.
Industry: Publishing

An excellent, automated software with great customer service

Reviewed on 2019-04-28

Pros

It's automated and super customizable. Any questions are always answered promptly by the customer service team

Cons

There are so many customization options that it can get complicated to do very simple tasks unless you know where to look

Sergio S.

Zoho Subscriptions is great

Reviewed on 2019-06-04

Zoho has made it simple for my to bill my customers. Overall I give them a 10 out of 10.

Pros

It's very simple to use. I've used other subscription softwares and Zoho beats them hands down.

Cons

I would like to see Zoho create more options for reporting.

Adam S.

Easy to navigate and gets the job done

Reviewed on 2018-05-25

Pros

The program provides a lot of value for what you pay. Setup with straight forward it's easy to use on a day to day basis.

Cons

There are times where making changes/updates is more difficult then it should be which can be frustrating.