Calamari

Modern HR management, online leave and attendance tracking

4.7/5
4.5/5
4.6/5
Customer Support Software
4.9/5

Kamil
Kamil

• Customer Support Software

Great value for money, solid software

Reviewed on 2022-05-20

Overall, I love it, easy to use, great value for money, awesome

Overall, I love it, easy to use, great value for money, awesome

Pros

I like everything - it's easy to use, works as intended

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about Calamari

Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Calamari

Great support, great value for money, no brainer purchase

Response from Calamari

Thank you for a great review!
We're glad Calamari suits your needs and we hope you will love our new features!

Kinga
  • Industry: Accounting Software

• Customer Support Software

Recomend. Practical to use for employees and managers.

Reviewed on 2024-03-10

Positive. When i nit know something or have problem very good support online.

Positive. When i nit know something or have problem very good support online.

Pros

Everyone know actual holiday,sickness, work online or not.

Cons

That work online and holidays look the same. Icons ahould be different.

Response from Calamari

Thank you for your review.
We have various options to differentiate types of absences. Please contact our support team. They will help you set it up correctly.

George
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

Change your NAME

Reviewed on 2022-04-28

Comsi comsa

Comsi comsa

Pros

Everyone in Greece is sarcastic and loughs when he/she hears your brand name.

Cons

Absense, time management, breaks control

Response from Calamari

Thank you for your opinion.
We're very glad about our company's name - there's the whole story standing behind it ;).

If you experience any troubles with employees' time management, please contact us on:
Our Customer Service team will help you set everything up according to your needs.

Magdalena
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Fast and simple

very nice, lots of options and easy to use

very nice, lots of options and easy to use

Pros

Simplicity and lot of options, ease of use, great customer service support, perfect fit to our needs

Cons

too few options for personalizing the appearance

Michele
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Good System

Reviewed on 2024-03-09

Pros

It keeps track of our time and vacation and sick leave

Cons

Not so easy to see the location of people that clock in

Ben

Straightforward People Management

Reviewed on 2024-03-07

Pros

Great time tracking, punch card, and other features. PTO tracking is also huge.

Cons

The way that certain things have to be set up or configured, like PTO accruals, is a little more complicated than it needs to be.

Thomas
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

A Happy Calamari User - Brought Calamari Onboard from my previous role/company

Reviewed on 2024-03-07

Pros

It's simple and intuitive. The learning curve is relatively low. It's lean. And it's also cost competitive for our needs. I know Calamari offers other functions aside from PTO tracking, but I would need to delve deeper to understand how they compare to what we currently use

Cons

Nothing really.. It works well for what we need. I may come across things as we go, but generally speaking.. it works well

Hajar
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

• Customer Support Software

A very user friendly tool

Reviewed on 2024-03-07

Pros

Since we implemented Calamari, we have received very positive feedbacks from our teams because the tool is very easy to use, and it met very well our needs. The Clamari teams are also very supportive and very responsive, they supported us during the implementation phase, the training of the teams, and the launch of the tool, and I would like to thank them very much for that.

Cons

A very user-friendly tool, and available on several devices (mobile, laptop...), for me it's making HR management simple :)

Artur
  • Industry: Telecommunications

• Customer Support Software

User friendly and very intuitive application

Reviewed on 2024-03-07

Pros

After setting up everything (employees, projects, holidays etc.) it is very fast and easy to use both for main users (technicians and supervisors) and for management.

Cons

Necessity to configure everything - it was really time consuming but worth it.

Przemyslaw

Intuitive interface

Reviewed on 2024-03-07

Pros

As a user, my experience with Calamari.io has been overwhelmingly positive, thanks to its intuitive interface and the seamless integration capabilities it offers.

Cons

Mobile app problem with starting/stoping a clock

Sandra
  • Industry: Entertainment

• Customer Support Software

Perfect and easy to use tool

Reviewed on 2022-09-14

I'm using Calamari since 4 years (in my previous jobs and current company). I didn't have any problems or troubles while using it. Calamari helps are improved our workflow, especially with the calendar which we can see easily how many people will be absent in the next days. Also, I feel we can care a little bit of environment by using on-line tool and not to print any leave request etc. That's also important for us to using the tool which doesn't impact negative on our planet.

Pros

- Calamari is really easy to use, even if employee didn't use similiar tools before,
- It's easy to integrate
- Working very good, it's clear and intuitive
- The support helps me with setting-up everything, they care about users,
- The app is also easy to use.

Cons

I don't see any cons, I'm using Calamari since 4 years and that's why I've chosen Calamari to use again in my current company.

Timesheets.com

Timesheets.com

Reasons for Switching to Calamari

In overvall, my experience with Calamari was better - it's easier to use and more perspicuous than Timesheets. The second reasons is easy to integrate, to add new people and also it's available in Polish language.
Sarah

• Customer Support Software

Excellent, low-cost solution for Non-profits!

Reviewed on 2023-03-15

By switching our leave management and time tracking to Calamari, we have greatly reduced the amount of administrative hours spent on tracking PTOs and ensuring staff are working an appropriate amount of hours. The Slack integration has also been a huge bonus - staff don't need to log in to yet another app and instead can manage time off and clocking in/out right from the Slack app that they already use all day long.

Pros

Calamari has an easy to use, simple user design that was easy for our team to switch to. The support team is always very helpful in onboarding our organization and answering any questions to date. My favourite part is the Slack integration; my team uses Slack for daily communication, so having the ability to do practically anything you needed for time tracking and leave management within Slack has been extremely convenient.

Cons

One feature that I think may be lacking is the work schedules. As office workers a team's schedule is usually pretty similar from week-to-week, however, we offer flexible work schedules that have varied number of hours or days that are worked every other week. Calamari currently doesn't have the ability to customize work schedules to this level, which has led our operations team to have to put in more hours than we would have liked in setting up work schedules to properly reflect scheduled number of hours. I would also think this would be a major downfall for any organization that schedules shifts for their employees.

AttendanceBot, Jibble and BambooHR

Reasons for Choosing Calamari

To save valuable administrative time and reduce the chance of human error in paid time off calculations for staff.

Jibble and Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Calamari

Calamari had a more user-friendly design, offered both time tracking and leave management (which most other programs did not), offered non-profit pricing, and had an extremely easy to use Slack integration.

Calamari Review

Reviewed on 2020-07-16

Pros

This is the easiest software there is for my employees, who often struggled with more complicated ones. Also my favourite part is the ease of contact with customer service who are very fast, helpful and friendly and always solve my problems even when it's something specific for my organisation.

Cons

I have no negatives here. I can see that things that might be done a bit better (but don't disturb daily work) are developed and introduced to make everything better :)

BambooHR

Reasons for Choosing Calamari

Zoho was the least intuitive soft I've ever seen and and their customer service was really really bad.

Zoho CRM
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Almost invisible and very flexible absences tracking tool

Reviewed on 2020-07-20

It takes a while to set up Calamari properly but after you do (and you can always reach out to their support and receive answers and detailed instructions in short time) it works on its own and you just invite new people as they join the team. We have switched from our previousOn a daily basis, I almost don't notice we use Calamari because no one reaches out to me with any issues or questions on how to use it.

Pros

- thanks to Calamari shared calendars being easily added to GCal we can automatically see any planned absences in the team (holidays, remote work, business trips, sick leave etc) directly in our GCals (previously we had to keep a separate shared team GCal for these and add absences manually)
- everyone is able to check their current entitlement anytime with just a couple of clicks and request their time off on the go
- no need to send emails to multiple people in the company to request time off and have it registered (this was solved with a customised approval flow)
- appointing the substitute can be done at the stage of requesting time off
- you can send all notifications to Slack and track status of your request from there
- multiple, customisable approval flows and absence types
- customised holiday calendars which can be linked to individual users or teams (very helpful especially in Germany)
- no need to track the absences manually: it takes a couple of clicks to generate absence reports and requests required for payroll
- very responsive and competent support

Cons

I only wish that we used Calamari on the company level. With other team being first to register for it, we can't fully integrate with GSuite and it takes up to 24 hours for the Calamari shared calendar to sync with GCal.

Danielle
  • Industry: Wholesale

Leave Management Tracking

Reviewed on 2021-10-21

Great SAAS that is available for a great cost. We didn't need anything super powerful. We actually have the same functionality for free with our ADP software, but pay for Calamari because it is easier from a management perspective.

Pros

The software is very flexible with regards to being able to track a variety of leave methods. We have different people at different levels of the company who get various entitlements and Calamari was able to handle it all. We also are able to track our business travel of our sales managers through the system which is helpful too.

Cons

The app is fairly easy, but the user interface could be a bit easier for users who are not as computer savvy. It could be a little more clear on what time they have less what time is scheduled for their net time leftover.

Zoho Recruit, BambooHR and Freshteam

Cost

Response from Calamari

Hello!
Thank you for your opinion.
We're working on some improvements in our UX/UI design and we hope they will cover your needs. If you need assistance with understanding how our software works, you can contact our Customer Success team. We can arrange a meeting when we'll explain to you everything that isn't clear. Please, contact us via
https://calamari.io/contact or by our website's chat.

Noah
Noah
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

• Customer Support Software

Excellent product and a great value

Reviewed on 2023-03-22

It has been a great addition to our company overall. It is very simple to request time off, to approve requests, and to track coverage on any given day. The timeclock is extremely simple to use, but also offers plenty of features. We have been very pleased with our decision to implement Calamari.

Pros

We love the ease of use, the integration with other applications, and the excellent UI. The fact that Calamari can send a Slack notification every morning to inform the team who is out that day is extremely helpful. Ease of use is a critical component to get buy-in from all employees, and Calamari is great in that regard.

Cons

The areas where I can see room for improvement are mostly to do with reporting. Many companies require a signed record of timecard approval to ensure that employees are being compensated fairly. In order to achieve this, we have to export data and configure it manually. It would be great to incorporate a timecard approval workflow into the application to make this seamless.

Response from Calamari

Hello!
Thank you for your comprehensive review. I'll pass your opinion to our team to consider. In the meantime, you can stay tued about the new Calamari features on our What's New page here: https://calamari.io/whats-new

Anjula

Leave Management Made Easy

Reviewed on 2019-08-01

Hassle-free leave and attendance management system with always smiling customer support team.

Pros

As a startup, I was looking for a perfect solution for leaves and attendance management. By using Calamari,
you can approve your employee’s leaves from your fingertips. And every detail you need is available on their dashboard.

Cons

Having issues sometimes with the attendance management as the beacon system doesn't work with us well yet. Hopefully, they will fix it in future as I have faith in them.

Zoho People, AttendanceBot, Dynamics 365 and Sage HR
Waseem
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

• Customer Support Software

Excellent, efficient software for small teams and businesses

Reviewed on 2023-03-15

Pros

Especially for a smaller business, the level of visibility it gives us over everyone's leave / absences and the benefit we gain from being able to plan around this. Not to mention integration into Slack and Outlook Calendar which really just helps to elevate Calamari as a great cloud solution for our needs.

Cons

When we switched our financial year away from the calendar year, it took us a little while to get our head around how to set that up in Calamari, but we reached out for customer support and they guided us through the process. It's fiddly but the support team are on hand to help with any enquiries.

Response from Calamari

Hello!
Thank you for your opinion. We're glad that our Customer Success team was able to help you. We work hard to make sure that our customer will always get the help they need.

Jeta
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Leave management system

Reviewed on 2022-01-25

our company was old school trucking company without a software to manage the time off. The PTO management was done manually and there were a lot of mistakes and confusions.Calamari changed our day to day business life and the requests for PTO were done fast and smooth. Both employees and managers love the transparent calendar function where they can see who is off and when.

Pros

it is very user friendly and easy to use for all employees even those who are not that friendly to technology. I also like the reporting of this software, it is one click and very fast way of getting your data.

Cons

i am very happy with all the functionalities of Calamari. It is very user friendly and to train employees on how to use it it is fast and smooth. I don't have cons.

Response from Calamari

Thank you for your opinion! We're glad that Calamari was able to help your company! It's great to know that organizations from all kinds of industries can benefit from our software. We wish you a great experience and if you would need any help - our Customer Success team is ready to help.

Camille
  • Industry: Design

• Customer Support Software

Amazing HR app, saved me from having to hire HR professionals

Reviewed on 2019-02-02

We were looking for an HR solution for an SME, and we selected this one. We set it up a little over two years ago, and have not really had any glitches since. Once a year, we program the vacations for the whole year, and it does the rest. Employees request leave through the app as well. I highly recommend this software for companies of similar size.

Pros

Manages employee hours, vacations, and sick days without a glitch. Also works great with iBeacon. I purchased and configured an iBeacon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019G0VS64/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1), and configured it to work with the free Calamari app on each employees mobile. The result is that the software could keep track of every employee the second they walk in, and their last exit from the office every day.

Cons

I have not really had anything that I didn't like. I had trouble deleting employees who left our company, but the support staff were very prompt, helpful, and friendly.

Response from Calamari

Camille, Thank you for the feedback!

Saul

• Customer Support Software

Good software but expensive for us

Reviewed on 2020-07-26

It is an excellent software that does what it says. For us and for every company that does not have budget for many SaaS, the price is too expensive.

As responsible for the IT internal services, we probably will change the software in the next year for a cheaper one because we are an ONG Foundation and we cannot afford it.

For the rest of SaaS we use to have specific budget agreements for non-profit or educational institutions.

Pros

usability
the software is mature enough

Cons

I would say that the price is our worst handicap
By other hands, I would like to have more functionalities like HR (contacts, payrolls, etc) management.

absence.io, Replicon, OrangeHRM and Toggl Track

Reasons for Switching to Calamari

Easy of use, sync with G Suite, check-in.
Evija
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

• Customer Support Software

The best customer support and user friendly software

Reviewed on 2023-03-23

10/10

10/10

Pros

Definitely the customer support is something that stands out. Excellent communication, and they always make it work. Even at the tasks that we would be able to figure out ourselves. I have never experienced it anywhere else.

Cons

I would love to have more features. Currently there is a new module - Core HR but it still has the very basics. It is amazing software, if only the basic information needs to be stored and managed.

Response from Calamari

Hello!
Thank you for the review!
We're working hard on our Core HR module to add more features and make it even more usefull. You can find all the new updates on our What's New page here: https://calamari.io/whats-new

Roch

• Customer Support Software

Very good tool for time tracking in bussiness.

Reviewed on 2023-03-22

We have managed to deliver empolyees timesheets on time!I save a lot of time to settle down time spent on aprojects. If it's more than three at a time, I had to spent few hours every two weeks, to find out what to allocate to which customer, now it is much easier.

Pros

Ease of usage and managing.Taking back control over timetracking to the projects I work with.

Cons

no photo upload feature,Window for acceptance of employee declared time spent, should be chronological.

Timely

ease of usage

• Customer Support Software

Calamari perfect for our company's needs

Reviewed on 2022-04-13

Pros

Very easy to use and it's user friendly. Perfect software for our company esp. to keep track of both PTO and PSL requests. It was very easy to learn on how to use this and easy to set up.

Cons

It doesn't integrate with ADP for PSL leave so I have to update the PSL hours manually every month.

Response from Calamari

Thank you for a great review!
If there's something you need, you can always write to our Customer Success team - they will help you find a way to resolve your issue.
You can also check our API documentation:
it might help to make your own integration to solve the problem.

Uros
  • Industry: International Trade & Development

Brief after 6 months of use

Reviewed on 2021-03-15

Not that good, but not bad.....I see it as product which is developing, so will wait to see till end of the year are there any improvements.

Pros

Useful product with lot of integrations and useful features.
Simple and clean without crowded features icons etc.

Cons

USABILITY!

As a person who use various web applications on daily basis for decades, I find not that intuitive position of some buttons and especially on large screens my "pointer travel time" to reach click button is long.

Also, just by adding some minor improvements usability can be better.
Proposals:

- implement possibility that user choose font (or change font, it might be personal taste, but existing one is so 2010)
- number of records per one listing / page. I am currently running small company ~20users and I frequently need to change pages to load more results for list of employees lets say. maybe somewhere in settings you can allow admin to select number or rows per page.
- maybe replace tabbed navigation with accordeon, sometimes is useful to see multiple values from different tabs selected

and at the end - creating accrual rules its complete nightmare, your support team (kudos to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]) saved you for leaving this product. He really set up everything for me.....but.....user should be able to do it by himself, right?

so...very very hard to set it up