Showing 279 reviews of 267

Showing 279 reviews of 267
  • Industry: Package/Freight Delivery

Boomi Product Review

Reviewed on 2019-10-03

I would say it has been overall very positive. When I have a problem I know I can reach SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN and he gets back to me so quickly and resolves problems quickly as well. Resolutions are always solid recommendations, never a hack or a let me figure it out scenario.

Pros

Ease of use and company's commitment to the platform and its customers. Monthly updates fix and address problems we are facing and it feels really good to see all the successful customers at BOomi world.

Cons

Flow is my primary con, only because we knew the Flow to Boomi Integrate Integration would be necessary but it seems like it may be difficult tech for the citizen Integrators.

Robert H.
  • Industry: Insurance

A Better Way to Work

Reviewed on 2016-12-06

Boomi is a point-and-click tool that has many features across a broad functional spectrum (e.g. Enterprise Service Bus, Web Service Gateway, Managed File Transfer, Messaging). You use a drag-and-drop interface to create processes, with no coding required (though you CAN use Groovy or JavaScript when needed).

What can you do with it? You can: create and consume web services; perform database CRUD operations; get/send files over FTP/SFTP; read/write JMS queues; read/write to file systems (Linux, Windows, Mainframe, etc.); send/get email; read/parse/create EDI; etc. Nearly everything you do in an IT shop to integrate systems and applications you can do via Boomi.

Boomi isn't ideal for everything. E.g. complicated ETL, voluminous file transfers, complicated processing, etc. But for the everyday IT tasks, Boomi is the perfect middleware tool.

Simple tasks can be done in minutes with Boomi: read from a database to create a report and email it; call web services; web-service enable an existing process; create an enterprise web service that orchestrates a process; poll directories looking for files; poll JMS queues looking for messages; copy data between two applications; convert data from one format to another; in short - anything involving integrations between systems or applications can be done in Boomi.

At my company we're starting to use Boomi for all middleware activities - it's fast and easy to create processes that perform a variety of tasks. Boomi does the heavy lifting, we just configure shapes, connect them together in a process flow, and then push it to production. Sometimes we have to use code (Groovy or JavaScript) to do complicated things that the tool doesn't natively do (e.g. date manipulation/calculation, call out to a Java Library to create a Java Web Token), but otherwise it seems to do everything we want to do. Nearly anything you can do in Java, .NET, python, perl, etc. you can do in Boomi with little or no coding. Boilerplate development (like creating data services, extracting data to files, running scheduled tasks, etc.) can all be done in minutes or hours in Boomi rather than days or weeks in traditional programming languages.

Boomi doesn't replace all of your tools - but it replaces 80% of what you do with those tools and it takes 20% of the time to do it. I'm convinced that it's the future of traditional IS development.

Pros

Ease of use, simplicity of the programming paradigm, and the vast capabilities of the product.

Cons

It doesn't implement everything in a given spec (e.g. I can't access the full request/response for a web service call; I can't use all features of standard functionality like SMB; etc.) The tool needs to mature a bit more so that it can be leveraged more in a variety of enterprises.

Scholl G.

Boomi - achieve peace-of-mind

Reviewed on 2016-12-06

We've used Dell Boomi to support Re-pricing and Order management integration over the past several years. Our processes submit approx. 1-2 million API calls a day to our ERP and marketplace channel management platforms. The most important thing I can say about Boomi is the peace of mind it brings...Once you get a process built and tested...it's just works! I worry about all of our other platforms going down or cringe when new updates are released. I've never had that worry with Boomi. They perform monthly releases, and I've never had a release break one of our processes. Given the range of tools available to construct integration processes, there is almost always a way to accomplish a process. Typically the challenge becomes picking the best way to solve the problem with the various options available. One thing that has drastically improved over the past year or two is the information/knowledge base and participation of the Boomi user community. Several years ago if you had questions on how to do something, it would take a while to figure things out. The new Community platform is thriving with lots of very useful information to help beginners get started building processes. The only negative I've ever had and continue to have is cost. Depending on the number of connections (distinct endpoints) you require for your integration needs, things can get expensive quickly. This is one area in which I wish Boomi would get creative. Even if you are using basic local DISK connections or simple HTTP endpoint connections (as opposed to branded connectors such as SF.com, or Netsuite), every endpoint will cost you an additional $300/month. Some pricing-flexibility on bundling certain types of connectors would be a great improvement. For this reason I deducted some stars in the "Value For Money" rating. However, I'll end by re-iterating my opening comments. That cost delivers a huge benefit...Boomi is a robust, stable platform, and you will achieve piece of mind for your integrations that run within it.

Pros

Development environment.

Cons

Cost

Vivek V.

My Dell Boomi View

Reviewed on 2016-12-06

Overall experience is good but I still see a lots of improvement points for the development environment. Also memory and multi threading options appears a bit tricky with Dell Boomi. Checkpointing of the processing would add lots of value to the product in terms of recovering the the half way processed transactions.

Pros

Common development environment along with version control and revision history.
Development environment on cloud can enable a developer to become productive from day one.
Single place deployment and complete code life cycle management.
Common Dashboard to monitor the integer landscape components.
Automated housekeeping of logs and temporary files.

Cons

Memory management is a bit tricky, no option to allocate memory to specific integration processes.
Multi threading not very efficient and controllable.
Configuration Parameter management through process extentions is a bit complex and confusing.
Dependency on internet for development activity. In case of any network issue developer cannot continue with the development.

Richard B.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Integration tool with GUI interface is OK for Salesforce-to-SQL integration

Reviewed on 2016-12-07

We are using Boomi in an on-premise installation to integrate other software. It is adequate. The drag-and-drop interface web-based interface is easy-to-learn and generally responsive. Monitoring and scheduling are fine, though error-reporting is via system-generated emails that must be reviewed manually or via email rules (you need to buy an additional "Connector" from Boomi to send your own emails).

Dedication to the GUI interface limits flexibility -- code and SQL statements can be so powerful, but you cannot get to them. There is "Groovy", a Java-like scripting language, but figuring out how and where to call it is difficult -- the in-process and "document" touch points are not intuitive and are not well-documented.

Customer support is generally responsive but not always helpful. Their first question is "send me the URL of your cloud interfacing definition", and when we explain that we are on-premise (required for database security) then answers become tough to get and more vague.

We get TIMEOUT errors when moving tens-of-thousands of records from Salesforce to SQL. Boomi's response is that the error is from Salesforce so it is Salesforce's problem. However, we did not get these errors from our previous integration tool from Bluewolf. Unfortunately, Bluewolf does not integrate with OpenAir, so we had to change tools. We work around the TIMEOUT by changing schedules and changing the interface approach to moving fewer records.

Overall Boomi does the job and we have made it work -- I have no delusion that there is a great tool available for this difficult job of cross-system integration. My interpretation is that Boomi is focused on web service integrations with small message sizes, and the on-premise solution is an afterthought.

Pros

Ease of use; web access

Cons

Slow with large numbers of records to transfer; little access to underlying Salesforce SOQL and SQL

Srinivas chandrakanth V.

#1 Leader in iPaas Integration

Reviewed on 2016-12-06

I have used Dell BOOMI in various enterprise level integration over the cloud.
Across the different technologies that are available, this is the best one which was proved.

I worked in providing solutions to different to different clients and clients are very much happy with the continuous integration.

Support was all time helpful and one must not forget community as well.

I'm sure that BOOMI will rule the cloud space in the coming years as well reason being the security aspects are handled perfectly. This was the only reason that firms look for their data.

B2B integration is made easy and can be done without any difficulty.

Help documentation was awesome and it was illustrated in a lucid way.

There are live examples to get started as well.

Finally, it's worth your money for seamless integration.

Pros

Seamless Integration, Support, Help Documentation, Community, Robust Runtime, Flexible orchestration style of development.

Cons

Minor bugs are taken care in each and every month release maintenance.

Cesar C.
  • Industry: Banking

The best & the bad

Reviewed on 2016-12-14

The Best:
1.- Easy of use, make my developing job easy, focus on the need of my client.
2.- GUI comfortable, better month by month with the updates.
3.- Lots of connectors, lots of icon options to solve the need.
The bad:
1.- Tracking log of process execution of many days before (10 days) is impossible.
2.- Debugging is a pain, cause does not have functionality about the debugging groovy.

Thanks to all the team!!!!!

César.

Pros

1.- Easy of use, make my developing job easy, focus on the need of my client.
2.- GUI confortable, better month by month with the udates.
3.- Lots of connectors, lots of icon options to solve the need.

Cons

1.- Traking log of process execution of many days before (10 dyas) is imposible.
2.- Debuggin is a pain, cause does not have functionality about the debuging groovy.

• Industry: Management Consulting

Very Useful

Reviewed on 2018-11-06

I started my career with Boomi technology and I am very glad to be apart of this wonderful technology so far. I love to part of Boomi ever.

Pros

I love Boomi's Gentle learning curve;their most user friendly UI;most interactive community;very useful user guide and process library and LMS. I like the new features and functionalities they incorporate in every releases. Boomi is the best Integration and Cloud tool I have ever used.

Cons

Some things which needs their improvement like providing flexibility in running the same execution simultaneously with multiple extension values etc. But Very few cons. Their API Management should be improved.

Kamlesh K.

Dell Boomi is Tool which make your Organisation Integration Easy and Cool

Reviewed on 2016-12-15

I am amazed with this integration tool it is very easy and flexible tool. Too many people believe that only technical guys can learn this kind of integration tool but trust me, I am a MBA guy who does not have any technical skill but I learned this very effective and right now I am handling too many projects.

Pros

Integration that u can rely upon. Quick to get a simple integration going.
Some of our integrations took just a few hours to build.
Transformation of profile format with ease.
Flexible tool and access anywhere in the world.
To have fewer departments and more profits in less time then u can go for Dell Boomi.

Cons

Not easy to troubleshoot failures. Unable to easily access payloads and components.
Dev mode is painful with a limit of 10 records.
Running processes even on dev mode takes a long time. Takes at least 20 seconds before starting to process.

Britto P.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Boomi - walks the talk with clouds!

Reviewed on 2018-11-06

I have been working on Dell Boomi last 3 years and I fell in love with it. And the Boomi community is being knowledge repository ensuring you get all your solutions needs. I have also been one Boomi champions for helping may developers to excel in their design and development.

Pros

I have worked on many integration tools in my IT careers but the most interesting and fun to design is Boomi. It's ease of use is tremendous and any developer would love it. And who ever has basic knowledge of Integration can learn quickly.

Cons

Some features are missing like audit logs use of ease and extensible properties change needs to be locked why making changes after deployment.

Geoff G.

Used Boomi to connect our Newer versions of software to older Cloud legacy systems.

Reviewed on 2018-06-30

Pros

Was able to use the API connections with Boomi to integrate requests from acquired newer customer facing software to our existing legacy cloud systems to be able to handle the offerings without creating a new backend. This worked. It didn't always work great and it took some setting up, but once it was working it generally stayed working.

Cons

Huge learning curve. You will need to leverage Dell's partner offerings and train up Boomi experts within your organization through Dell Boomi classes. Reading through and interrupting the Logs is speciality all its own aside from the knowledge needed to setup the interfaces in the first place. If it breaks, you will likely need help in fixing it.

Thomas C.
  • Industry: Import & Export
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Essential tool for delivering for our customers

Reviewed on 2016-09-20

Boomi is an essential product for our company that is needed in order to deliver for our customers in a timely fashion. I know that when I need Boomi it is up running and will reliably processes time and time again. We are able to make updates on the fly without disruptions which is critical in the heat of the moment.

Pros

The system is very reliable as I can run processes through it routinely without having to be concerned about uptime. Once configured it works every time. It is great being able to plug in Boomi to some of our other automated systems and having feedback as to what happened with the file. Our teams are able to easily update existing processes without disruptions.

Cons

It can be time consuming to setup when creating a new complex process.

Stijn S.
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Both the product as the organization is really flexible and agile to work with.

Reviewed on 2017-09-21

Pros

Very agile to work with, they are one of the few vendors I know that invest in the success of the customer even after you signed the contract. we have full support on our problems and

Cons

the fact it is still growing and within my region I only had one partner to choose from, I decided I like the product but not the partner, Boomi came around and expedited the onboarding process and training of a partner of my choice, how bad turned to good.

• Industry: Insurance

Boomi Developer Ease

Reviewed on 2018-11-07

Pros

Ease of developing an integration. The product is self document there are a lot of options for connectors pre-built. There is a vast support network of resources help and training available to aid in understanding the development life cycle.

Cons

The product requires a lot of resources when running. Some development processes and methods are not as straight forward and take experience and trial and error to work around what should logically work 1 way but need to be handled in a less straight forward manner.

Ryan T.

Quality product, Easy to use, very robust

Reviewed on 2016-12-06

The only downside is the logging in production could be better. Sometimes It's difficult to troubleshoot an issue with integrations in Prod. Other than that, I'm impressed with how well the product can move data from one app to another and the power it has in decision making and data manipulation in the middle-ware.

Pros

Ease of use, many connectors to link multiple applications

Cons

PRICE!! I'm having a hard time getting my executives to approve licenses for different applications because of the cost of the connectors.

Deepika Y.

Basic Concerns of Dell Boomi

Reviewed on 2019-10-02

All the master data movement between the data based and the end application teams .

Web services designing is simple and easy

Pros

The functionality provided by Boomi to integrate the systems by having a centralized repository of all integration components in atmosphere.

Cons

The licences part is something which the team should act upon .

• Industry: Government Administration

Bhoomi a Easy Integration tool on Cloud

Reviewed on 2019-03-26

We tried to integrated different systems like SAP ERP from DOT, CRM from different departments, Mainframe systems, FTP and providing webservices for different external clients

Pros

It is very easy to use. 80 percentage can be done without coding and the rest of the development can be done with limited Java Scrpting functionality.It integrates seamlessly with different systems (etl, ftp, webservices etc)

Cons

Customization is the biggest challenge and lack of thd documentation of the product

Arnav D.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Boomi platform review

Reviewed on 2019-10-02

Pros

The GUI is really intuitive alongside all the out of thr box shapes the data process shapes allows the use of custom groovy that helps a lot.

Cons

Making big data pulls on the data bases, I understand that its not an ETL but it gets quite demnding on the atom if there are huge data sets involved.

Sam M.

Dell Boomi

Reviewed on 2016-09-22

We have been using Boomi for many years. Boomi is currently utilized for many integration processes in our Org. We love the ease of use and ease of building processes and maintaining them.
Some features that we would like to see are :
1. Ability to maintain process versions and ability to revert back to an older version
2. Ease of troubleshooting an issue with a process
3. Ability to segregate processes for sandbox/testing vs production.

• Industry: Oil & Energy
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Quick development of new integrations

Reviewed on 2018-11-06

We are building integrations between applications to applications and extracting data from applications to end users much quicker than before.

Pros

This platform enables us to develop and create integrations within a short period of time which is opposite of previous integration platforms or models with many lines of code.

Cons

The platform is missing some component consistency across the platform. I think this could be easily solved and would rid of much frustration from a UX standpoint.

Rajeev S.

Best of integration platforms

Reviewed on 2016-12-06

Turnkey, very capable extensible platform with fast time to value. Unlike some of the other platform very stable and predictable.

Pros

Easy to build solutions, extremely quick deployment. Complete feature sets from an integration perspective.

Cons

Still evolving and needs key features to be leveraged completely as an enterprise-wide solution.

Yevgeniy Y.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Excellent tool

Reviewed on 2016-09-22

Allows business to seemlesly integrate with various platforms. Customization of data processing is easy and flexible. Testing and error handling allows to rapidly decrease integration project timelines

Pros

Data processing capabilities. Easy to manage. Easy to configure and develop new solutions.

Abraham K.

Fits with our company's vision to go cloud.

Reviewed on 2017-09-21

Pros

Less/No code. Easy to learn even for people from non-development stream. Support from the Boomi community.

Cons

When a user got registered for training, they receive an email says Training accounts will be created in 24 hours. But there are cases where it took 3-5 days.Send an inquiry email and setup. When we are introducing Boomi to a new developer/pears this step makes them start with a negative mindset towards the product. But later down the road they are liking it. It happened for few folks in our Organization.

David G.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Speed

Primary integration engine

Pros

Developer startup and refactoring costs are impressively low.

Cons

Menu consistency through the platform.

Vandana S.

Boom Rocks

Reviewed on 2019-10-02

Pros

This product Boomi is easy to use and is scalable.

Cons

Lack of online documentation sometimes is frustating.