Zen Planner Reviews

Paul
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Happy to be back!

Reviewed on 2019-03-28

The reintroduction to Zen planner has been great. I'm learning new things and I'm excited about the dashboard that will show me exactly what's going on every day at first glance. It's exciting that I can customize it as well!

I can't say enough good things about my onboarding coach. She was and continues to be amazing support with Zen Planner. I appreciate all of her patience and genuine interest in helping me utilize the software to its​ maximum potential for my business.

I'm looking forward to growing with Zen Planner

Pros

I left for about four years because I felt like the software was missing some integral parts for my business.

Now I was needing something different and looked at Zen Planner again. The​ changes they have made over the past four years has been amazing.

This is not a company that sits idle and is content with the status quo

Cons

The system is a little complex but I believe it's more to do with the novelty of it and all of its features.

Response from Daxko

Thanks Paul! We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you are enjoying the new features and updates!

Joey
  • Industry: Sports

• Customer Support Software

Modern Interface with lots of flexibility

Reviewed on 2020-02-20

The onboarding process was thorough. I did have to be persistent in explaining some needs that were different from what they expected.

Pros

This product can be customized in many ways to meet the specific operation of your business. The interface is slick looking and makes good use of screen real estate. The interface is fast and responsive. The universal search button lets you get to what you need quickly.

Cons

The mobile app features are quite lacking. Although it is customizable in most ways, there are some ways it is not, and when you mention these to support, they can't fathom why you'd want that. There is a feedback option to submit feature requests, and they always reply to them, but it seems the dev cycle is VERY long.

Response from Daxko

Thanks for the good words, Joey!

• Customer Support Software

Good for very simple gym businesses, bad for everything else.

Reviewed on 2017-10-16

Pros

ZP lets us schedule and bill clients in one place. It spits out reasonably useful accounting summaries and can handle some email automations.

Cons

This software is the worst part of my job. Do not be fooled by their slick sales staff: this cannot perform most of the functions advertised. It can, but only in a perfect world where you gym runs exactly as ZP imagines it. In this imaginary perfect world, you'd need a team of administrators working full-time to keep your database up-to-date and functioning.

Our gym runs about 250 sessions per week. That's either classes or PT. They're all different. ZP's workout builder does not work for this. We were spending ~3 hours per day inputting workouts. It could not scale. So now we do not track workouts in the software.

We see 100 leads per week and run free trials to get them into the gym. ZP's various 'prospect' systems cannot handle this. They are not manipulatable enough to handle the different types of trials we'd like to offer. Doing so, again, would take a team of administrators. We now use a separate sales software for everyone on trial.

ZP goes down most days for 1-2 hours. 5-6 days per week. Just no software to run the gym. No attendance tracked, no bills processed, no member questions answered.

ZP's calendar never works on the first try. Literally. When I click on a staff member's calender I wait 15sec for the software to reload the full gym calendar with no changes. Then I click the staff member a second time, wait another 15sec, and only then am I rewarded with his/her calendar. With 28 staff this is not working.

Response from Daxko

I¿m sorry to hear your experience with Zen Planner has been less than ideal. We'd like to offer help to ensure your database is set up efficiently and give you a direct point of contact for the issues you have brought to our attention. Please reach out to our retention expert, Nick Deprez at [email protected], to get set up as your review is anonymous and we are unable to reach you directly. In response to your note about down time: we diligently track the down time of our software and are currently at 99.87% availability. This would not be possible if we were down at the rate you described. I¿ve passed your feedback about our feature compatibility and sales to our Sales Team to review and ensure we maintain transparency and honesty in our sales process.

Diane

Getting started

Reviewed on 2019-05-23

We are now in the process of building our website and it’s content. Zen Planner has made this difficult process so much smoother. I have heard horror stories from other gym owners that didn’t go with Zen Planner. I’m thankful everyday that I made the decision to go with them. Best choice ever!

Pros

We are opening a brand new Jiu Jitsu academy and this has been a whole new experience for us. I’m not very computer savvy, but EVERYONE at Zen Planner has been so helpful and made this so easy for someone like me. I’m very happy with this company.

Cons

I have had nothing but good experiences with Zen Planner!

Mindbody and WellnessLiving

Reasons for Switching to Zen Planner

I always received call backs. Their followthrough is impecable. Our training conference calls were easy and flowing. User friendly and very knowledgeable support team.

Response from Daxko

Glad to hear you're happy with Zen Planner, Diane! We appreciate the feedback.

Fyonna
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] the Onboarder is FANTASTIC, I am so impressed

Reviewed on 2022-05-04

so far so awesome

so far so awesome

Pros

We had challenges with paysafe integration, and [SENSITIVE CONTENT] stepped in to fix, I am running a busy studio plus teaching/coaching and she was a dream to work with ( I was not), such an asset to Zen,

Cons

color schemes, and the time it took to imput information that was just not a skillset i had, I learned and I am glad it took time

Richard

Poor Tech Support during COVID-19 Crisis

Reviewed on 2020-05-19

Up until the COVID-19 crisis, we were big fans of ZP. However, since the crisis began their Tech Support team has been dismissive and unhelpful. This comes at a particularly bad time for us because we are building a new website and our web designer needed to have a phone conversation with a "live" staff member. ZP has refused to do so, which leaves us in a very had position because our designer could easily make technical errors that will cost us a lot of money to fix in the future.

When we consider that, prior to the COVID-19 crisis, we had almost always been able to get through to ZP’s Tech Support within 2 days, we can only assume that the company is now experiencing significant internal difficulties. We don't have an answer to that question because ZP has not offered any explanation as to why its Tech Support has plummeted. For this reason, we are currently considering switching to a ZP competitor.

Finally, like many in the fitness industry, ZP might be going through a tough time right now. If they had simply been candid with us, we might have been willing to overlook this situation as an aberration. As it stands, however, they don't seem to care that they've left us in a bad situation and their is no ed in sight.

Pros

Zen Planner is intuitive and easy to navigate. Prior to the COVID-19 crisis, it's Tech Support staff were professional, knowledgeable, friendly and available by phone from Monday to Friday. We were generally able to get through to Tech Support within 2 days.

Cons

Before COVID-19, we probably called ZP's Tech Support once or twice a week. beginning on or about March 16, 2020 it became impossible to reach Tech Support. We're currently encountering the following Tech Support experience challenges from ZP: (1) We have a question or problem and call ZP Tech Support. We wait on hold for 10 or 15 minutes. A recorded message instructs us to leave a voice message and ZP will call us back. (2) ZP does not call us back. (3) We email ZP with our request, but ZP’s email response is never fast enough to be of use. Then, when we finally get an email answer, it is often unresponsive.

Kristy

• Customer Support Software

very happy i made the switch!

Reviewed on 2022-10-06

Great! client account alerts are super helpful to make sure we are getting paid any money owed

Pros

It makes it simple to manage the most important tasks at my gym without over complicating things.

Cons

a few auto emails could improve/be added

Raeleigh

Outstanding back up support

Reviewed on 2020-02-13

I am pleasantly surprised by the support in getting this all set up - great communication and very patient and informed team!

Pros

easy to use- straight forward set up lots of customizable options

Cons

like everything it takes a little while to get familiar - layout and set ups are different but this is not a negative it's just part of the process

Response from Daxko

Thank you Raeleigh, we'll pass your kind words to our support team!

Beth

Good Overall Studio Management Software

Reviewed on 2019-07-10

The migration process was rocky. About 30% of the database has inaccuracies. They need to improve and automate this process. Tech support is excellent. Customer support was slow to resolve a billing issue I had. They refused to speak to me on the phone and did not return emails. But everything finally got straightened out with persistence on my part, and an effort to make up for the issue on their part. Overall, customer support is generally very good. The software works well, is not buggy. Overall, I really like the software except for the way purchasing works.

Pros

Reporting is excellent, the best I've seen. I like the fact you can create your own reports. After learning how to use the system we have been able to create any reports we need. That is definitely not the case for Mindbody or Wellness Living. The Kiosk application is nice to have and our clients like it, but needs some improvement. The Front Desk and Kiosk Applications are easy to learn which is helpful as we have 10 teachers at the center.

Cons

The POS system does not work like all other online systems (choose what you want, put in user info, payment info then press complete or check out and credit card is charged), and works differently in their different interfaces. The Front Desk software does not allow for discounts (that is being addresses in a future release). The Dashboard processes the sale, then you have to process the payment separately in a different step. In the beginning we lost sales because our staff was confused. Many of my teachers are still unsure whether a sale goes through or not. When the Front Desk application can accept accept discounts and credit card swipes it will greatly improve the POS process.

The client kiosk does not include a form for entering info for new clients and signing a waiver. For some strange reason that is on the staff side of the application. We keep it on the staff application but it means after a client signs the waiver they could get to a screen that offers a free class, which we do not actually offer. I have a hard time understanding why that is baked into their software, it is not considered a best practice. We have found work arounds for these issues but would like to see an updated and more robust kiosk application.

The automated emails are very good and it integrates with Mail Chimp. You can also implement a retention process with tasks assigned to different people.

Response from Daxko

Thanks for the feedback, Beth!

Jill

• Customer Support Software

Not quite live - but almost!

Reviewed on 2022-10-19

Your onboarding process has been very good. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is AMAZING!!!! I just can't say enough good things about her. The cost of credit cards and fees keeps me up at night. We are a non-profit center and the fees are high. I would love for everyone to just use cash or check - but that's impossible.

Pros

Reporting. It's easy. The front page overview of each member. I can quickly see the data I need. Love the alerts, notes and tasks. Very useful. Love the ability to email a template to a set of members with a click of the button. The configuration of the software is good. The help files are pretty good. I have found a few broken links - and some explanations seem to be a bit outdated. Love the dashboard. Love the ability to click in and get the relevant supporting data.

Cons

I wish "students" was changed to "members". It confused the hec out of our staff (who are 98% volunteers). I would like to see the support tickets be answered with the original support request data. There is no place for me to see what ticket number was written for - so if the email thread contained the original text - it would be easier. The new "Z" in the bottom right hand corner is always in my way. I have to make an effort to not touch it. When you have a LOT of members (>350) it's a pain to always click people or students - and do show all. I'm panicked about using keytags for this many members- but we need to track all usage of our fitness center and classes.

Ross

• Customer Support Software

Zen planner does an ok job

Reviewed on 2021-07-22

Would not waste my time with this software, they don't deliver on their promises, invent fees to access your data, don't follow through with their support. It took me 3 months to get them to finish my cancelation as they kept sending emails to students saying they owed because their payments failed AFTER I switched to another system. Very unprofessional and rude.

Pros

It was quite a bit less per month then any of the other software I checked into at the time. It did an ok job for doing parents nights out.

Cons

On the surface it looks like it will do a good job but in reality it is buggy, poorly implemented and just didn't deliver on the promises it was supposed to.

Mindbody

Reasons for Choosing Zen Planner

Wanted to upgrade to a program that had better billing and automations

Reasons for Switching to Zen Planner

Zen looked like it would do everything that Rainmaker did for less than half the price, 2 years and lots of frustration latter I switched to Spark,
Kelly

• Customer Support Software

Zen Planner is great - PaySimple is shit - They really need to find a new way to take payments.

Reviewed on 2019-02-13

As I said, Great but at the end of the day I can't handle the ridiculously overpriced dishonour fees that EziDebit charges and I am afraid I am already looking for a new software system. I dread the change but unless Zen Planner ditches EziDebit/PaySimple - I just can't support them anymore. I think I will move to Glofox.

Pros

I love the easy to use back end and the app is something that my students absolutely love - it is so easy for them to book into classes. Plus it is great being able to do pay reports for my teachers through the back end.

Cons

I am a big fan of Zen Planner but I have to say the payment platform with who they partner with is absolutely terrible. EasyDebit/PaySimple really let's Zen Planner down with exorbitant fees, delayed processing (then they charge a big dishonour fee to my customers) and an archaic user interface. I really think it's time that Zen Planner ditched EasyDebit and switched to Stripe or another payment gateway with more reasonable fees, immediate processing and an easy to use app that makes for easy refund of customer money if needed.

Also can't make the reports as specific as I would like - e.g. see income per month for a specific income category which is frustrating.

Mary Ellen

Solid Product for Crossfit Gyms

Reviewed on 2019-10-29

I do not use it for my business, but have used it as an avid fitness enthusiast for over 2 years. It is nice when gyms all over the country use this software. I can have multiple gym memberships under 1 zenplanner account and switch between them.

Pros

I have used this program at 3 crossfit facilities and have enjoyed it for viewing WODs, signing up for classes, and storing workout information and PRs. I enjoy the leaderboard feature and the support you can give your gym mates.

Cons

I wish you could add features like workout videos for various exercises that are scheduled. I find some gyms do not utilize all of the features correctly, and that can make the app rather pointless. If you are not using this app to sign up for classes, log workouts, not using the leader board feature, you really aren't getting your money's worth.

Response from Daxko

Thanks for the review, Mary Ellen! We've recently integrated our software with SugarWOD to improve our WOD experience even more!

Michael
  • Industry: Sports

My review 10-10-22

Reviewed on 2022-10-10

I think ZP does a great job with support. That to me is super important!

I think ZP does a great job with support. That to me is super important!

Pros

Billing and scheduling is made easy through ZP which is my only function right now.

Cons

This is not a email system that is all encompassing so it makes it hard to set up a nurture program. Having it integrated with Mailchimp in a cleaner way would be great. It's not easy to manage.

Logan

Customer service is THE best

Reviewed on 2021-07-27

Once you learn how to use the system, it's easy to charge people and view membership history. There are so many financial tools available and that side can get a little confusing (like narrowing down your quarterly taxes is a bit of a hassle). I have yet to find a product with better customer support. They always answer promptly and always have a solution.

Pros

This software makes it easy to track membership history, but the BEST thing about Zen Planner is their customer service. They're friendly, they answer fast and they ALWAYS know how to fix an issue.

Cons

Zen Planner is quite an advanced system, so it is easy to get lost. Luckily, the customer service is always there to save you (except for holidays and off-hours of course). The app sometimes crashes. It could use an update.

Response from Daxko

Thanks so much for leaving your review, Logan! We appreciate the feedback and having you in the Zen Planner community.

PENNY

ABOUT ZENPLANNER

Reviewed on 2019-08-13

THEY HAVE THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE THAT CAN SOLVE BASICALLY ANY PROBLEM WITHIN THE LIMITS OF THE SOFTWARE. THEY ARE ALWAYS AVAILABLE WHEN YOU NEED THEM AND SO HELPFUL.

Pros

THAT IT MAKES MY JOB EASIER BY AUTOMATING PROCESSES

Cons

DOESN'T HAVE ALL THE FEATURES I NEED. ALSO TOO HARD TO LEARN ALL THE FEATURES SO I'M NOT MAXIMIZING IT'S FEATURES. THERE ARE LIMITED ON BOARDING SESSIONS SO WHEN THEY STOPPED, SO DID MY LEARNING

TeamViewer, RingCentral MVP and Mindbody

MORE ECONOMICAL

Response from Daxko

Thank you, Penny! We think our customer service team is pretty great as well!

Sarah

Great System

Reviewed on 2018-08-15

ZenPlanner has been very reliable and does what we want it to except for the odd issue. Sometimes I get so frustrated I want to switch providers but then realize that the other providers still aren't as good as ZP so I just have to stick it out. If they increased their speed at which they fixed bugs and/or simple features then I would be a very happy customer.

Pros

It's a great CRM for a small fitness facility. From reviews from competitors, it appears to be the best however I haven't personally tried the others. The Chat feature is great to be able to quickly message with employees when I have questions or concerns.

Cons

They are very slow to fix bugs and/or simple features. It's almost like they don't even have tech employees to fix these things.

Marlene

Best Customer Service

Reviewed on 2019-05-13

While there have been a few limitations to booking appointments as well as classes, Zen Planner still makes it possible to juggle and offer both seemlessly. Clients can manage their schedules and payments online which allows me to focus on other important matters.

Pros

This software is easy to learn, implement and user friendly. Super easy integration and the customer service is outstanding! They are regularly updating and upgrading features and respond positively to feature requests and feedback. Easily have the best software on the market in my industry and I'm not sure why more people do not choose Zen Planner.

Cons

Some minor limitations such as color typology features on the mobile app have been limited and app functions such as calendar syncing and calendar default settings restricted.

Response from Daxko

Glad to hear you're happy with Zen Planner, Marlene! We appreciate the feedback.

Cindy
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] at ZenPlanner is Top Notch

Reviewed on 2022-08-01

Pros

The customer service is stellar. Everyone I've spoken to is smart, friendly and efficient. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] did our transition to GAINS payment processing and I couldn't have asked for more warm, knowledgeable and efficient support. Her follow-up with me has been outstanding.

Cons

It's not great for use with membership under 18; we do a lot of programming for children and need a way to have both parents as primary email contacts, need a way to communicate both with parents and with the 13-18 year old group. Grading (movement between programs and belt levels) is difficult.

Cara

I used to use Zen Planner

Reviewed on 2019-10-07

Overall, it was great to have a place to run transactions, and keep track of member accounts, however the issues we had with zenplanner holding our money required that we switch to a different system.

Pros

I liked how wonderful, helpful and prompt the customer support was. I found them very easy to talk to and easy to get ahold of.

Cons

I was calling customer support daily, I took over the business from someone else who left a very messy zenplanner for me to sort out. That could be the reason I was constantly calling, but another reason is that some of the features that I thought could have been easier to use were not. I ended up switching to a different system because we were having a lot of issues with the money, one time zenplanner held our money for 2 months, when we finally found out why, the process to reclaim that money was ridiculous.

taylor

Incredible!

Reviewed on 2017-05-23

Pros

Best Support Team!!! they seriously rock and has helped me trouble shoot all issues I've had over the phone or over quick emails. Anything i didn't know how to do they were super helpful and worked so hard to help me implement their software and making things very easy. Allows me to filter my classes, students and programs very easily. Beautiful Website integration (similar to mindbody but easier to use for customer) Keeps track of how much a client owes me and allows me to create a parole for my employees. I own a Holistic wellness center that does everything from Yoga and martial arts to acupuncture and energy work and zen planner allows us to manage everything smoothly while keeping track of all of our clients with ease. If your looking for a scheduling software i highly recommend this software. Has really taken a weight off my shoulders as a business owner and let me focus on more important thing.

Cons

The initial set up of the program is a little difficult, it was hard to navigate through at first but again, awesome support team that explained it very well.
Only other con is that the website integration is a little difficult and not as pretty on mobile.

Harley

• Customer Support Software

It has it's ups and downs.

Reviewed on 2021-04-22

Overall it is a great program, but is does have some room for improvement.

Overall it is a great program, but is does have some room for improvement.

Pros

Zen Planner has a lot of good features. Billing, client tracking, scheduling, and integration into our website are all pretty smooth.

Cons

As a gym, we cannot select which members see what programming. Example, if we have 2 different programs available, all members can see both programmed workouts. We have had some inconsistency in emails being sent out. Sometimes emails to our members don't send in a timely manner through their system.

Elizabeth
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Library and a Benchmark

Reviewed on 2020-03-12

Our gym uses this App to track our work outs. A friend and I were using the custom result fields to track our daily 1 minute Bike Sprint. We found, though, that when we went to the library we couldn't track our results. I contacted Zen Planner and was helped quickly; initially, it appeared to be a simple issue but turned out that there were some "corrupted" files. After getting our gym owner involved, ZenPlanner was able to resolve the issue.

Pros

Ease of use; simple to find information

Cons

I wish the same type of exercises would always come up together in the library. Occasionally when I go to the library to look up a specific exercise multiple of the same come up and I have to click in and out of them to see the results.

Response from Daxko

Thank You Elizabeth!

Vic

Excellent Customer Support

Reviewed on 2020-03-31

Pros

Takes a little getting used to but works as advertised. Once you have it set up, makes day to day operations easy. Able to access on all platforms- PC, IOS, smart phones etc. We are using the virtual class set up to keep our students training during the pandemic.
This is an excellent member database

Cons

Not intentionally designed for martial arts studios but they are continually working to accommodate these needs.

Response from Daxko

Thank you for the review, Vic!

Jenna
  • Industry: Legal Services

Easy Way to Sign Up for Crossfit Classes

Reviewed on 2021-02-20

Great way to reserve crossfit classes and see who else is attending.

Great way to reserve crossfit classes and see who else is attending.

Pros

Zan Planner makes it easy to sign up for crossfit classes. It is also a great way to edit payment, etc. I like the feature of being able to see who is specifically signed up for class as well. Extra motivation to attend class!

Cons

Sometimes it can be glitchy and somehow signs me out of a class I already reserved. It has happened 2-3 times in the past 6 months.