Limited Use Cases, I Would Go Elsewhere

Reviewed on 2020-10-15

We use this tool to track projects and our task/actions with for our clients. It does neither well. The tool is very bulky and not a great interface. It does not make tracking tasks easy, and managing my teams hours isn't a fun or easy task due to this tool

Pros

If you're using just for projects, than this tool is OK. It also CAN do task management and gantt chart tracking. It also can track your tasks that you are doing.

Cons

Pretty much everything. It is a bulky interface that doesn't do anything better or as well as their competitors. The tool doesn't make it easy to track retainers, actions, tasks, projects, etc.

Response from FunctionFox

Thank you for your honest feedback. We're sorry to hear that this has been your experience and would like to make it right. Please provide your company details as we'd love to give you a refund/credit on your account given your dissatisfaction.

Please contact me directly - Corina Ludwig - President of FunctionFox - [email protected] - 866.369.8463 ext 100

Sherry B.

It's a Game Changer

Reviewed on 2017-01-19

We absolutely love using Function Fox. It's quickly become a habit and we find that our workflow is more accurately tracked and therefore we have a better handle on capturing all time spent for invoicing as well as a monitor for how we allocate our time! Personally, I love clocking out for the day and seeing my billable hour total. Makes me feel very productive and efficient. Also for retainer clients, it's very effective in generating the monthly report; easily documenting and validating time spent. I highly recommend this online tool to agencies of all sizes. We jumped right into using it and it took no time at all to learn. It's very easy and user-friendly. It's a game changer and we feel much more in control and profitable as a result.
Sherry Bruck, President, Harquin Creative Group

Pros

The timekeeping tools. Love the way it interacts with the Client, Project, Task and the ability to edit.

Cons

I've had to disengage the hourly rate recording because very often we adjust that when reporting and invoicing to clients. Therefore we haven't figured out a way to invoice directly from the software. Also, I wish Outlook calendar could somehow be linked to the Function Fox calendar.

Cheryl P.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Great Product!

Reviewed on 2018-09-14

I had used Function Fox at my previous employer and when I started with this architect firm they were tracking time another way and it was very easy for me to convince them to make the switch. I'm so glad because it has made my job so much easier here!

Pros

Very simple to learn and use. You can customize reports for your specific needs. Cost is very affordable. Customer Support - outstanding!

Cons

There's really nothing I don't like about it.

Robert I.
  • Industry: Design

• Customer Support Software

Function helped me increase my monthly billings by 25%.

Reviewed on 2017-08-11

The support has been outstanding and someone quickly responds to questions and offers personalized help.
They have built a great team and it is a joy to work with them

Pros

The site is easy to use, and after a couple of months, it cut my billing time down to a couple of hours. The ability to quickly show a client a list of billing actives listed by date, demonstates how the time was spent and has emilinated billing adjustments.

Cons

Like any new system it took a short period of adjustment, but the learning curve is minimal. I have not had any negatives .

Amanda W.
  • Industry: Graphic Design Software

Great for agencies

Reviewed on 2016-04-08

Pros

I was excited to find FunctionFox designed for creatives, I had been searching for time tracking and project management suited to my work flow and set up. I can customize projects and tasks to clients, build teams, invoice and run reports to see which tasks are taking the most time or if we need to readjust a project budget. When I wanted to do something and couldn't figure it out, their customer service was prompt and friendly. I have been using FunctionFox for 2 years, it is an essential tool that makes managing staff and clients easier, and I love the new look!

Cons

I had always thought their interface was a bit tired, and its funny how that can make you feel... but the new design is awesome

Chad D.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

A Great Solution!

Reviewed on 2016-06-13

For many months I was looking for a project management solution, trying multiple products, over 20, and none of the products had everything I was looking for until I stumbled upon FunctionFox. I signed up for the trial service and while I was navigating through to figure out if it was the correct solution, one of their advisor, Isaac, gave me a call, just to thank me for signing up and see if they could be of any assistant. Of course I did, and we began a walk through of the service. Needless to say at the end of the call I was hooked and use FunctionFox to this day.

Pros

The software is pretty easy to navigate through and use on a daily basis. Its a great platform that includes rates, customers, job numbers, time tracker, to-do-list, reports, calendar, etc. Very pleased with this service.

Bruce M.

Time Sheets and Project Management Without Tears

Reviewed on 2016-05-04

As a creative, FunctionFox makes time sheets as painless as possible. As a producer and project manager, instant access to every invoice, expense, supplier, project scope and description, is absolutely invaluable. Imagine: Quoting without darts! Estimates without any ballparks!

Pros

I can use FunctionFox simply - timesheets and expense tracking and it's light and easy to use and has a very short learning curve. But if I want to dig in at any time, it's way ahead of me with all kinds of features. The customer service is - get this - actual humans who care, who really know their product, who get to know you, and who aren't happy until you're happy. Lots of app makers have neglected any meaningful idea of true Customer Service - FunctionFox exemplifies best practices.

Cons

Not many that I can think of - especially after the redesign!

Brendan G.
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Good software for tracking

Reviewed on 2018-08-04

Pros

The nice thing about FunctionFox is that it is simple to use and does a good job with tracking projects. The built in function that allows email messages to be sent to people working on projects is a great feature.

Cons

The software seemed a little over the top. Many of the available functions seemed kind of unnecessary and just cluttered the space. That would be my only complaint, but perhaps there is a market where the additional functions are used.

Bruce M.

Timesheet and Project Management Without Tears

Reviewed on 2016-05-03

Pros

Simple and easy to use. Outstanding, personalized customer service from real people. As a creative, it makes keeping timesheets as painless as possible. As a producer, it makes tracking previous expenses, suppliers, actual costs, etc. a dream.

Cons

They keep adding (useful!) features and I don't always find time to stay up to date to make sure my current practices couldn't be helped by their upgrades. More me than them, really.

Kate B.
  • Industry: Design

Great Product!

Reviewed on 2017-02-22

After ten years of using in-house designed software, we made the switch to FF at the beginning of the year, and it was relatively painless! All of my staff have commented that it is easy to learn and use, and they were correctly opening/closing new projects and tracking their time within the first week. There are a few functionalities missing which would make it easier for me to run monthly billing reports and export for Quickbooks, but the training staff was very patient and helpful in assisting me in setting up some advance, custom reports to bridge the gap. Our dedicated "on-boarder" support staff person is excellent - responsiveness and support is a big plus here!

Pros

Ease of use; breadth of functionalities

Cons

Not as flexible with its exports for Quickbooks as I would like. I hate the fact that I have to run out monthly invoices one by one and can't just run out all the projects with time logged in at once.

Taylor H.

Antiquated Time Keeping Software

Reviewed on 2018-01-09

For the time being, FunctionFox serves the purpose of keeping our team's time but when we have time we will most likely migrate to a new system. There are so many better options at this price point with more features and benefits.

Pros

We have used this product for over 5 years and it is really easy for employees to understand how to input their time. Their customer service staff is helpful when you ask for something directly.

Cons

Setting up backend organization of clients and projects is a bit confusing and difficult. There aren't very many integrations for communication with other softwares and if there are, it is difficult to get them set up. Updates and added features have to be added to your account from a FunctionFox rep.

Peyton B.

Simple but powerful time management system

Reviewed on 2017-10-03

Pros

This system is remarkably malleable. My small agency is able to work quite efficiently within its capabilities. While we don't use it to generate quotes, that functionality would likely be useful to many. I came from another agency with a much slower, more primitive timesheet system, and I found myself dragging each month to get my time in by the 30th. Function Fox is super easy, and I find that it takes me no time at all to track my time for each day.

Cons

I haven't run into many cons to using Function Fox, but admittedly, I've only ever worked with one other system, which was WAY worse. I think my only hangup with FF is that the interface can be a little bit clunky, but I can't imagine a time management system that isn't.

Sheila S.

About Function Fox

Reviewed on 2018-08-21

Pros

The software is a great value for your money. The features and functionality are easy to use. I like the timesheet, project costing, personnel rate report which is essential because it shows the actual cost of the project, reports advanced feature is also great because you can customized it to your needs, you can easily manage personnel, projects-retainers is also a great feature.

Cons

The invoicing feature is one of my least favorite. I wish the project name shows when you view an invoice or a quote in the list view section. The quotes and invoices cannot be customized within the software, so you just have to export into a pdf and make edits. The software has limited functionality.

Jeremie W.

• Customer Support Software

I absolutely love FunctionFox!

Reviewed on 2016-05-03

I am a Design Director and we have used FunctionFox for well over a decade. Every Monday morning we have a traffic meeting and I quickly populate my timesheet for the week. It helps me stay organized to get a lot done. The time tracking software helps keep everyone in our shop creative with plenty of billable hours. It is so easy to use, we keep track of our time and expenses so efficiently. FunctionFox has really allowed us to focus on the fun part of our jobs – being creative!

Pros

Simple, clean design, easy to use.

Cons

Doesn’t actually do my work! ;-)

Gabriela S.

One of a Kind!

Reviewed on 2016-04-19

Pros

The product is extremely user friendly and has accomplished all of my needs and wants. I had never used the product before and I picked it up in very short period of time, which is great! It has kept me on track in the workplace and has made my job easier, more efficient, and effective!

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about this product or vendor - both are great!

Dorian B.

Excellent

Reviewed on 2018-04-16

Pros

Functionality good. Best thing is that this is super customizable. Whatever you need, they will make happen. Customer service is excellent.

Cons

I think that the color scheme needs to stand out a bit more. The screen is really monotone. It is all grey and white. I think there should be some dark undertones for things to stand out.

Loreto M.

Awesome Project Management Software

Reviewed on 2018-07-11

Pros

What I like about FuntionFox is that it is very easy to use when I first started using it. Another thing is that we are not having difficulties when are are editing some fields.

Cons

This system is amazing! I do not see any big issues and problems so far. It is very helpful...

Nicole P.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Dashboard helps me projecting our timelines

Reviewed on 2017-02-11

The dashboard has great widgets to help us understand and project our timeline for the projects. It provides a clear understanding of where we are with any project.

• Used Other for 1-5 months

• Customer Support Software

This product keeps track of your time effectively with different project timers.

Reviewed on 2018-03-30

I would say this product is a good start to time tracking for your team. This can give you a lot of productivity information if you look at the reporting regularly.

Pros

I like that you can start something and later come back to it in order to add more time and adjust if necessary. If you integrate the accounting aspect I believe you can also lock down edits after you have processed payroll.

Cons

It doesn't integrate a lot of other pieces of software with it. I believe this product didn't have any connectivity with the offline version of quickbooks to auto create invoices.

Jon L.

Time Fox Timer

Reviewed on 2014-07-30

I use the timer function on Time Fox. It reminds me of chess players hitting the start stop clock. The nature of my roll of a designer at Brand Iron demands that my attention gets shifted at any given moment. I'm in a habit of hitting the clock button as soon as my efforts get redirected to a new task. Time Fox is a lifesaver for me, its functionality is intuitive and its covers my needs thoroughly. It could perhaps only benefit from a facelift?

Terri P.

FunctionFox

Reviewed on 2016-05-06

FunctionFox has allowed us to streamline our job tracking process. As a manager juggling multiple jobs and responsibilities as well as our creative team, we can now get up-to-the-minute progress reports on existing jobs and and projects.

The customer support team and Tom Wolf are available to answer any questions and troubleshoot any concerns regarding the product. I would highly recommend this product!

Amy S.

Excellent Experience

Reviewed on 2016-05-06

I am a self confessed technophobe and didn't think I'd ever use a software to help me track time but FunctionFox has been great!! Very simple to set up and use, excellent interface and top of the line customer service.

I will no doubt to recommending FunctionFox to all of my creative friends :)

Pam O.

• Customer Support Software

The FunctionFox product gets top marks! It is easy to configure and requires very little...

Reviewed on 2016-05-05

Easy and intuitive configuration
Ease of use for staff of all levels
Good reporting
I would like to see an expansion of the dashboard capabilities
Help documentation is well written and easy to follow
Support personnel are responsive and knowledgeable

David B.

• Customer Support Software

Helps me bill for my business easily and clean.

Reviewed on 2016-05-02

I like the system and so do my clients. They know the exact time I put in and where it goes so when it comes to the final bill there are no questions or problems.

Colleen T.

• Customer Support Software

Very Efficent & User Friendly!

Reviewed on 2016-05-03

TimeFox has helped us tremendously in tracking time for employees and our clients. The customer service is top notch!