4.5
4.8
Donna V.

Very User Friendly

Reviewed on 2020-04-23

This software has helped us stay on top of billable time & streamlined our billing process as well as helped with keeping on top of budgets.

Pros

This website is Web based so it's easy for everyone to access and stay connected.
Very good customer service.

Cons

I do wish it was a little easier to customize the reports on my own.

Response from FunctionFox

Thanks Donna for your kind words. Always a pleasure to work with your team.

Carter F.

Professional Time Tracking in a Straight-Forward App

Reviewed on 2019-04-25

FunctionFox is a great tool for tracking time. It allows you to have several users tracking time under projects and tasks, so you can see how your team is using their time. From an agency standpoint, it allowed us to accurately account for our time with clients and realistically price our services. It had integration limitations and was not as flexible as we needed it to be, but for many, it is likely the right tool.

Pros

FunctionFox allows you to set up different account and projects within those accounts to help separate your time into tasks and items of your own choosing. For a marketing agency, this type of tool is essential. Function Fox offers a pretty easy to use system with several features to help make your time tracking experience easier and more accurate.

Cons

We ultimately moved away from FunctionFox because it was not able to integrate into our billing software. We also needed a tool that would be double as a task manager.

Brenda R.
Industry: Architecture & Planning

FunctionFox for Architects

Reviewed on 2018-08-30
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

My billing is generally by the hour, and so the "timer" feature is extremely helpful when working on multiple projects in a day. I also like that I can set up email reminders if I forget to fill out my timesheet.

Pros

I have a small but growing architecture practice. I tried several project management and timekeeping and accounting programs before finding FunctionFox. I have been using it for a little over a year now. It allows me to do everything in one place, from job estimating to invoicing. The most important feature I was looking for, and was having trouble finding elsewhere, was an "resource availability" function, that would keep me from scheduling myself or my employees for 180 hours/week. FunctionFox has definitely improved my organizing skills with its to do lists and progress reports. The customer service has been excellent, and the interface is easy to use and clearly organized. I recommend it for any firm, but especially small start ups.

Cons

Still waiting for Gantt charts. Then I think it will be perfect. They are used extensively in construction scheduling, and I would like to have the same format when scheduling the design.

Helen F.

Super Simple CRM Solution

Reviewed on 2018-04-16
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

We love this software, it's quick, easy and very cost effective. We easily input our data into it, the fields are all editable so is bespoke to us. We haven't had to ask for much support as the software is so easy to use, but when we did the help was fast, helpful and friendly.

Function Fox has made the studio run far more efficiently, team members can book jobs in quickly and time sheets are super fast. The retainer option has been really useful too, we can also report on staff productivity and ensure timesheets are being filled out.

Cons

Having worked with the software for a few months I cannot find any flaws with it, we researched many CRM software solutions and most were too expensive or too complex for our needs, Function Fox gives us the option to have a basic CRM system with add-ons available if we want to expand features.

Jeremie W.

FunctionFox Keeps Project Management for Creative Teams Simple

Reviewed on 2018-08-28
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We have used FunctionFox for time and expense tracking for over 15 years. I am an early adopter and have been blown away by their consistent customer service. Their team of great people support this solid product.

Pros

Great UI, very intuitive for designers and account people. Timesheets are painless and now our expenses don’t slip through the cracks. Absolutely pays for itself. Everything an ad agency or design firm needs!

Cons

Can’t think of anything.
Whenever there was an issue, they have listened to our suggests and continue to improve the product.

My agency uses FunctionFox daily to log our time and track our progress.

Reviewed on 2018-05-04

Pros

I like the detailed reporting, the action assignment process, the time entry process, and the ease of entering estimates.

Cons

It's a little tricky teaching people to use the software when they first start their job at my agency - we utilize learn as you go "training." Maybe the help center could compile all of their articles into one giant article like a giant FunctionFox guide for new users.

Angela R.

Love it!

Reviewed on 2017-08-16
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I've been using FunctionFox for years. I used it at my previous job and convinced my employer of the last decade to use it shortly after I came onboard. It keeps getting better. The new interface is very user friendly. It's a affordable solution for our company.

Pros

New, user-friendly, modern interface
Very affordable
Great reporting options
Love the CEO Desktop

Chris K.
Industry: Design
Company size: Self Employed

Function Fox is soooo bad. It's so out of date except for a reskinned interface.

Reviewed on 2016-09-27

I have been using Harvest for five years now and absolutely love it, but was forced to use Function Fox for another company that I contract for. The features and usability of Function Fox are just horrible. It's difficult to navigate through the system, reporting is abysmal as it only gives you an excel sheet to download.

Sorting and filtering is also confusing at best and leaves out important details the list goes on and on. Why pay so much for a POS system? Oh, and did I mention they don't even have a time tracking app for your desktop and their mobile apps are so out of date that they haven't even updated their logo? Seriously, LOL.

I'm not here to tout Harvest as there are other great alternatives, but I only pay $12 per month for one user on Harvest. It's an additional $10 per month per user, then it costs $50 for 5 users per month. Harvest is cheap, has a lot of great features for invoicing, estimating, and reporting, and offers lots of app integrations, PayPal and Stripe payments, and has really good time tracking apps for Mac, iPhone, iPad and Android with additional features for invoicing and tracking reports on the go. I'm a designer, so I really appreciate the time and effort they have gone to in order to make accounting and billing intuitive and fun to use yes it's actually fun to use Harvest.

Pros

The new interface design is really nice.

Cons

Where do I start? The user navigation is confusing, it lacks reporting features available in cheaper software alternatives. There is no time tracking app for the desktop and the mobile apps are seriously out of date.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Arielle G.

FunctionFox is how we submit our timesheets.

Reviewed on 2017-07-05

Pros

I like how FunctionFox gives us the functionality to list all of our different activities and subactivities in order to be able to charge X amount of time to each.

Cons

I would like the report to be easier to read or the option to pull a report based on what activity you charged to.

Ashley J.

Simple. Beautiful. Functional.

Reviewed on 2018-06-25
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

The customer service is 13/10, it's so good. I looked at several Project Management Systems, and this was the easiest to get started in. The learning curve for other systems was too steep for how quickly I needed to implement an organization system.

Pros

Super easy to jump in and start using the features. Easy to look at project info. Definitely helpful in staying organized and managing my time.

Cons

There are some places I feel like I should be able to click through to see more information, like clicking on a project's timeline to view scheduled actions.

Caitlin S.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

With my stellar CSR helping me learn the website, FunctionFox has been so easy and efficient.

Reviewed on 2017-05-10

Time efficiency. Productivity. Accuracy. Delegation.

Pros

Once you know how to navigate the website, the software is so easy to use. It's excellent for tracking completed and open tasks. It's amazing at keeping accurate time for better billing. We have found a way to utilize FunctionFox to better understand how we spend our time so we can modify our business to become the most productive we possibly can. I am so grateful we found a website that works this well. Thank you!!

Allison R.

Solid project management software

Reviewed on 2019-04-25

Pros

Function Fox is a solid project management software. It's pretty easy to use and you can easily assign tasks to users.

Cons

I can not seem to figure out how to view a running list of all projects in a detailed manner. I am not sure if that is due to the way Function Fox was previously set up on our team or if the functionality is not there.

Jennifer H.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

It is a good system if you just want to track your employee time sheet

Reviewed on 2016-09-08
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The gentleman from FunctionFox is very very friendly and helpful. Whenever I have a question regarding the app, he always get back to me right away. The product itself , I think, is pretty user friendly. It's pretty straight forward and I would recommend it if you look for a time sheet management app.

Cons

If this app has PTO accrue etc function, it would be great.

Katie G.

Helpful Platform and Great Customer Services

Reviewed on 2016-05-02

Function Fox has been a very important part of our business, it helps to organize and assign projects and track time. As we bill clients by the hour, Function Fox makes it very easy to accurately account for all hours and ensure that clients are billed for every hour spent on their account. Additionally, Function Fox allows users to add notes with each time entry allowing the client to see exactly what was done during each hour billed.

Customer services has also been great, our account manager Kate checks in with us frequently to ensure the product is continuing to meet our needs as well as suggesting the use of features we may not be utilizing fully.

Rachel H.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Function Fox as a time-keeping software

Reviewed on 2016-11-10
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We were looking simply for a time-keeping software. Function Fox provided everything we needed, and it was not cumbersome or difficult to learn to use.

Pros

Very simple and easy to use.

Cons

None

Mitch H.

What a life saver

Reviewed on 2016-05-17

At first it was sort of difficult to go through and get started but once things were off and running this product has been a huge help. There are times I forget to click to start the time but I love the fact that I can go in and add time. In my business often times people will put down a deposit for design. It would be nice to have a feature where I can record that deposit so when it comes time to invoice there would not be a chance of leaving that out or having to keep track of it elsewhere. Not sure how that would pertain to others using this program but for me that would be a HUGE help. Other than that I have no complaints what so ever.

Judy F.

Creative Service Manager Review

Reviewed on 2016-09-20
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Timekeeping - It makes reporting easier to collect and share with clients.

Cons

No calendar glance - gantt chart of projects so it's impossible to realistically plan out multiple projects.

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Michelle M.

Great project management software for in house marketing agencies

Reviewed on 2016-05-27

We have been using this software for a few months now. Accepting, prioritising and managing jobs has become so much easier. As has sharing files within the team and managing handing over projects if people go on holiday.

Much clearer visibility over what the team is working on and the output. Project blog and calendar are particularly good features. It could still be slightly easier to upload multiple files and alert users, but overall very good software.

Industry: Hospital & Health Care

A Time Tracking Tool for Smaller Teams

Reviewed on 2018-12-09

Pros

Function fox does what is needed, which is help teams and individuals track time across functions/activities/clients.

Cons

Function Fox is not the best for larger teams as it can get really messy in terms of selecting the right categories or task types. This makes it a bit difficult to use and then harder to get the team to adopt the platform.

Emmanuel E.

Basic functionality, would like better reporting tools

Reviewed on 2018-02-21

Basic functionality, would like better reporting tools

Pros

I like that I can download .csv files of hours used/tracked on projects. I really like this app it's very useful

Cons

FunctionFox helped us easily track our time. The stop/go clock icon is awesome. From tracking our time so well, we are able to see how long projects actually take, which helps in estimating costs and making sure our pricing is accurate.

Jackson R.

Below Average Project Management Tool

Reviewed on 2017-01-25

I tried Function Fox out for one month and the customer support team was awesome about getting my account up and running. However, the tool is just incredibly lackluster. It is sporadic, all over the place, and really disorganized. There were just a lot of tools available and none of them I really needed. If it was slimmed down and more direct in what it offered by grouping things together, it would be much better. But everything is so closely connected and really gets tedious having to keep navigating through the dashboard to compare information.

David G.

Working with FunctionFox

Reviewed on 2016-05-09

Function Fox is a wonderful service provider. Not only is its product superb, but its support people are quick, responsive and available, and its cost is reasonable.

Alan S.
Industry: Computer Software

Invoice is inbuild within FunctionFox

Reviewed on 2017-02-09
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

FunctionFox helps with managing project billing and helps to create an invoice as well. Our team logs their time and the invoice can come out of this application.

Pros

Good for invoicing management. Projects can be easily managed.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Christina D.

Great!!!

Reviewed on 2014-08-25

Amazing at what they do! Great time saver!!! Well worth it!!!

William L.

Very Basic

Reviewed on 2016-12-12

Incredibly overpriced for what you get. This is a VERY basic project manager with only minimal functionality. Their website leads you to believe it's a complex suite that offers a lot. Not the case.