FunctionFox

Claude B.
  • Industry: Graphic Design Software

Feedback regarding Function Fox

Reviewed on 2020-01-27

I have been very impressed with the FunctionFox staff and their project management software from the very beginning of the process. The sales rep. was very knowledgeable and explained the features and benefits very clearly. The samples and tutorials were great and made the learning process kinda fun.
FunctionFox's support team are exceptional at responding to our questions and reply promptly with detailed user friendly instruction on how to take full advantage of the powerful tools and functionality. Deciding to use FunctionFox in our face paced graphic design company was a great decision. It helps us spend more time on being creative and less time retyping project names, task names, design rates etc.

Pros

The software is designed with the creative industry in mind. You can set up project names, common tasks with specific hourly rates. When it comes time invoice a project I no longer have to request time sheets from staff. I just log in to the software, select the project name within the appropriate dates and all of the information that I need is presented quickly and efficiently which makes invoicing easy.

Cons

I can honestly say that I cannot find anything wrong with this software.

monday.com

Reasons for Switching to FunctionFox

We chose FunctionFox because it was originally designed for an advertising agency so it was a perfect fit for our graphic design company. Much like an advertising agency, we handle multiple details and aspects of a project. FunctionFox software helps to keep a birds eye view on project details, project costs and scheduling. It just seemed like the best choice for our company.
Elliott B.

Great time management software

Reviewed on 2018-05-10

Great time tracking/management software.

Pros

Very easy to use and intuitive time tracking software. Great reporting features. We use this to track time for 15 employees and never had a problem.

Cons

Because this is web based it sometimes locks up or we can't access it if our internet is out. A very minor problem that rarely happens.

Philip B.
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

Design Resource Tool

Reviewed on 2020-01-27

Outstanding product!

Pros

I started using this product about 15 years ago. It is a great tool for tracking projects, time, sales dollars vs. time spent per account and many other measurables. It is the best tool I have found that allows Design and sales management to objectively measure the return on design resources spent. The data collected has been immensely helpful to management, and this is the 4th organization that I have introduced to the tool!

Cons

None! Very easy to implement and use, for graphics and structure.

Michael D.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Good if used properly

Reviewed on 2019-07-16

It's a very nice way to properly track time spent on projects, clients, etc. Over the course of the year, you can see where you've gone over on hours and where you might want to dedicate more time. When you give clients a certain amount of time per month, having software like this is essential for tracking purposes.

Pros

It made it very easy to track time for clients over the course of the day, week, and month. Quite customizable, so we were able to have it fit our needs.

Cons

Nothing in particular comes to mind. It is solid software for time tracking.

Leigh C.
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

• Customer Support Software

Everything works, it's easy, and even kind of fun

Reviewed on 2017-08-10

Ease of time tracking multiple tasks on multiple projects for multiple clients.

Pros

Very user-friendly, easy to use. Allows for flexibility in choosing reports to print/save/share. Flexibility also in going back to add in hours on a day when you might have forgotten them. Terrific customer support - first in the "getting started" tutorial/hand-holding, to any follow up questions.

Cons

There is really nothing to "not like", from my experience with FunctionFox. I've been using it for about two years, and have had no negative experiences with it.

Edwin G.

• Customer Support Software

Well set up and effective

Reviewed on 2018-07-26

Tracks time and makes it easy for people to log their hours. Produces higher quality reports than other tools. Has built in intelligence to detect start and end dates of projects.

Pros

FunctionFox has a great ability to slice and dice information on timed tasks once they are captured. I also have really enjoyed the email reminders on days when you don't log time. Overall, it seems to work consistently, once everything is set up.

Cons

User interface is confusing for most new users. A lot of the information shows on the lower half of the screen which is non-intuitive and creates confusion. The setup can be a little tedious and integrations with other tools (such as ticketing systems, salesforce) would be valuable.

Simple. Powerful.

Reviewed on 2020-09-01

Fantastic. The software is as perfect as it gets. Their developers listen to you (I've only needed to contact them once in 20 years).

Pros

The thing about time tracking is that it can be a huge pain. TimeFox removes so many barriers... it's as simple as I can imagine it being. And that's what matters most. More features mean more complexity. This software tracks your time very very well.
You can track time with a start/stop stopwatch function, enter it manually, duplicate previous entries... even across days. It's very easy to use so you don't waste time while tracking your time.

Cons

It might be limiting or expensive for some, but I have found it

Mike G.

Really great time tracking software for a small business

Reviewed on 2018-01-25

Pros

What I like most about this is the email alerts when you are approaching the limit on a specific project. This is great to give our producer a heads up when hours reach a specific threshold.

Cons

I thought that the interface for entering time was more complicated than I would like for our end users. Sometimes all you want for a use is the hours and the job, and not bother them with entering any other info

Kathy B.

• Customer Support Software

Great proclaim to help me stay on track.

Reviewed on 2017-01-25

Function Fox is a great program for helping you track hours and tasks. Also, the customer service team is very responsive and very helping in answering any questions I have had over the years.

Pros

The ease of use.

Bonney K.

I Love FunctionFox!

Reviewed on 2016-05-04

I'm a huge fan of FunctionFox. As a Production/Traffic Manager in a busy little shop it keeps me organized and on top of things. I've been using it faithfully for over nine years and quite frankly, it's made me a better manager. I don't go a day without taking my vitamins and the same goes for FunctionFox. True fact.

Every Monday morning I generate work in progress (WIP) and to do lists for our weekly Production/Traffic meetings. Nothing keeps agency folks more organized and on track than starting their week off on the same page, with the same goals. FuncitonFox helps us do that.

Besides using it for my daily time sheets, I use it to set up meetings, briefings and brainstorming sessions; produce cost reports (past and present); and to reference specs and costs for printing, manufacturing and other hard costs. It gives me the complete picture in one quick and handy place. I also use the calendars to see what's hot for the day or what's not; what needs my immediate attention and what I can push to the side of my desk for the moment.

The best thing about FunctionFox is that I can use it as little or as much as I need on any given day. I'm not a slave to it. It works for me and I love having it in my toolbox. Makes me look better at this job than I probably am. Also a true fact.

Katelyn E.

Love this software!

Reviewed on 2017-08-29

Pros

Timefox is so easy to track and run reports with to-the-minute results. User-friendly and nice to look at too!

Cons

Wish it was easier to use retainer tracking feature, there are a few reports that don't show up how I would like them in this view.

Jillian C.

FunctionFox review - Graphic Designer

Reviewed on 2016-09-26

Pros

I like how easily I can track my time through the use of the built-in timer / clock. I have used this product for 3 years and I do like the way the interface and design is evolving.

Cons

I wish there was a more intuitive and visual way to view schedules. It's very clunky and they're basically buried. They are not very helpful in a list format and would be much better suited if they could be color coded and interface with a calendar like Google. I don't like that when you do make a change to a schedule it doesn't automatically shift other items around. I keep track of my schedules best by simply speaking with my colleagues and writing on the work order. As far as I'm concerned the current schedule process in time fox is a waste of time.

I also dislike that when I change tabs in one job I have to refind it again when the page changes.

Robert H.

Really great for freelancers!

Reviewed on 2018-11-27

N/A

Pros

Love how it keeps an approximate time table of how much time was spent working on a project and made charging the client easy.

Cons

I’m in full support of this program, no complaints whatsoever - again I suggest this for freelancers and anyone who needs to itemize their projects and time spent on them

Cory N.

A Fox addict! Easy to Use, Plus the Best Customer Support Ever

Reviewed on 2014-03-28

Pros

There are many features I like, but the best way to describe the benefits is the way TimeFox allows me to see and study various projects in so many different views. I can view one project in depth; I can view 3 or 4 projects side by side; or I can few all of my projects from every degree. I also love the timer feature and the estimator tool, as those help to predict costs. Most of all, I love the individual and immediate attention FunctionFox's customer support gives its clients.

Cons

I wish it did give me a way to calculate profits within the estimator tool. I am not sure what purpose the timeline serves, since it is so very small and not really a Gantt chart.

• Industry: Management Consulting

Great tool for managing time and projects

Reviewed on 2018-12-21

Pros

I use FunctionFox primarily for time tracking as I use another tool for more day-to-day project management. It's fairly straightforward to use, and once you spend a bit of time learning the ropes there's a lot of functionality built in so I can see it being helpful even for much larger teams. Incredibly helpful for managing work among multiple clients or switching back and forth between projects.

Cons

No specific cons - although I think they're lacking in the project management department, I don't use FunctionFox for that so it's not an issue.

Simple tracking software

Reviewed on 2018-09-03

Our agency tracked our time in FunctionFox but it couldn't be out exclusive software since it was so dedicated to the one use.

Pros

It was really simplistic, so there wasn't much of a learning curve. It was easy enough for everyone to do every day.

Cons

It didn't have many features, so you could really only use it for the one thing.

Deb M.

• Customer Support Software

A little bit of a learning curve but the end result was well worth the effort!

Reviewed on 2017-05-25

Saving hours and hours of reporting/management time for tracking budgets and job status under one umbrella of software.

Pros

It keeps track of projects under a retainer and alerts via email when retainers are meeting a certain criteria....very helpful especially when time gets away from us very quickly.

Cons

A bit clunky visually. Slight hang whenever adding things to the calendar but other than that, there are alot of ways to get to the same place but with time and patience, it's workable.

Griselle C.

Stellar Tool!

Reviewed on 2016-09-28

I have used FunctionFox for a long time and have seen it grow into a formidable tool for timekeeping, project management and measuring team efficiencies. I would recommend it to companies that want to remain nimble while growing in both size and capacity.

Easy to customize
Great value for price

Cons

n/a

Linda S.

Easy Transition - Fast Acclimation

Reviewed on 2016-05-20

Our agency had been utilizing an package specifically designed for agencies. While it is a great package for large agencies looking to combine everything under one solution (from trafficking to invoicing, to accounting), the solution was more than we needed from a functionality and cost perspective.

After several months of research, product demos and head-to-head evaluation. We selected Function Fox for three key reasons:
- It's functionality covered all of our needs
- It's intuitive design facilitated and easy transition
- It's delivers great value from a cost per user perspective

Function Fox is the perfect solution for a small agency that requires an automated solution for project-based time & material tracking, project estimating, and billing.

Collette S.

Project Management from a Virtual Assistant standpoint

Reviewed on 2016-04-20

Pros

How it links with projects in your PM. Each time I went in to record time it wasn't necessary to do data entry

Cons

In order for it to link to a project you need to do a sink process.

Andrea A.

• Customer Support Software

Very easy to use. If I every have an issue, the customer support team is on it.

Reviewed on 2017-05-04

Pros

Easy to customize for different users; affordable; time input can use a watch or manual input; client reports are very easy to run, and can be broken down by task

Cons

I pin the program to my browser. I have to refresh it each time I open the browser or the time isn't recorded correctly. I would also like a desktop app for Windows.

Brian W.

Easy and productive!

Reviewed on 2016-05-10

I used TimeFox years ago and love it but changed because of certain other factors. When I launched my new company I went back to take a look again. Although the interface had changed (improved) I got up and running very quickly on my own but then ran into a few road blocks. Customer support was responsive and helpful. They made it painless. To our company, TF has all the features we need and none that we don't. We really had bad experiences with project management software that tried to do everything and connect to everything. All that does is make adopting it difficult because their are too many features.

Harriett H.

Clunky movement from timesheet to blog to other

Reviewed on 2016-09-28

Pros

The blog is a great feature that helps us capture each step of a project.

Cons

The navigation does not line up. If you are in a specific job logging your time and then want to blog your work progress in that job channel it is not a straight shot to the blog. You have to go to blog and then find the job number all over again.

Annabelle F.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Great product!

Reviewed on 2016-04-26

Pros

I like how the product is easy to use and user-friendly.

Cons

The product is still fairly new, as I've come across several instances where it would freeze and appear glitchy at times.

Jeremie W.

• Customer Support Software

I absolutely love FunctionFox!

Reviewed on 2016-05-03

I am a Design Director and we have used FunctionFox for well over a decade. Every Monday morning we have a traffic meeting and I quickly populate my timesheet for the week. It helps me stay organized to get a lot done. The time tracking software helps keep everyone in our shop creative with plenty of billable hours. It is so easy to use, we keep track of our time and expenses so efficiently. FunctionFox has really allowed us to focus on the fun part of our jobs ' being creative!

Pros: Simple, clean design, easy to use.
Cons: Doesn't actually do my work! ;-)