Time Doctor

4.5/5
Customer Support Software

Dianne Mae

• Customer Support Software

TimeDoctor is a very important tool for me as a freelancer, consultant and start-up entrepreneu...

Reviewed on 10/5/2017

I am able to maintain transparency with my clients at all times. TimeDoctor helps me track my hours and provide documented proof of work and give my clients a better view of how I complete my work/tasks.

It also helps me in managing my time better.

Pros

TimeDoctor is straightforward and easy to use.

I like that the desktop tool offers two versions: Pro and Lite, which helps you to choose the right application based on your usage and computer's resources.

TimeDoctor also has a lot of integrations - particularly to different Project Management tools. This is especially helpful with managing different clients who each have a different preference on the project management tool that they are using.

TimeDoctor is also very cost-efficient for me as a freelancer/consultant.

Cons

The price of additional users is a bit expensive for entrepreneurs who are just starting their own team, but overall, it is a worthwhile expense.

Roldan
  • Industry: Design

• Customer Support Software

One of the best Freelance Time Tracker, if you agree.

Reviewed on 3/10/2022

Time doctor has improved enough since I've used it in the early 2014. I love it's reporting, screenshot, billing and archiving.

Pros

Ease of use. One of the best function of the tracker - just like any other software - it should be. Screen capture is the second, just if cases where your client needs to police your progress.

Cons

They might need to fix the redundant notifications. Such as it keeps checking you out if you are still working. If I'm a video editor and I'm rendering a video for 5 hours, the function needs to be intuitive or at least palpable. The software is obviously dependent on keyboard and mouse activities.

Sabrina

• Customer Support Software

Not a way to improve productivity.

Reviewed on 10/8/2020

Not a great experience. People are not robots that have to be infront of the computer 8 hours a day and constantly typing or moving the coursor. The webcam shot feature is beyond a invation of privacy, mostly for people who work from home. It is a micromanagement app that is completly unnecessary.

Pros

The app is pretty easy to use.. You load tasks and start them by clicking on PLAY. It has lots of features including webcam shots, screenshots, time tracker and pop up that asks whether you've been working when there's no activity on the user's side. They have a computer and mobile app.
Really good feature is that as a company you can set it up to blur screenshots taken so no information is leaked.

Cons

It does not help employees to be productive. The sign that pops up when there's no mouse or keyboard activity shows even when you're watching a video, on a webinar or even making a presentation in which is mostly talking and it is not only super unprofessional but also, if you fail to click on the "Yes (I am working)" the time worked will turn orange and labeled as "Manually added time".

Nazmul
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

• Customer Support Software

It's a good tracker for businesses

Reviewed on 9/9/2022

It's good

Pros

It provides an all-inclusive experience when tracking progress.

Cons

It could cost a little less. The price right now is higher than other similar oroducy.

HubSpot Marketing Hub and Time Tracker

Reasons for Choosing Time Doctor

Company decision, cheaper offer

Hubstaff

Reasons for Switching to Time Doctor

Easy integration and good feature to price ratio. Overall offers good value for Money
Alain Jove
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Productivity tracked with ease

Reviewed on 1/7/2021

Overall, this is very handy and it does what it is supposed to do - which is tracking productivity in this work from home setup.

Pros

Due to COVID, we were forced to work from home and monitoring our work activity is conveniently done with this app. Although it kind of looks old school in its interface, I don't mind because it is lightweight, it is efficient in tracking browser and screen activity when it's active with you not even noticing your screen already captured, doesn't create lag time and transparent with its screen captures as you can easily log in to your account with the email associated to the time doctor account and see the screenshots captured whether you are a basic or an admin user. The last part is very important as privacy should be a priority specially nowadays when hacking has become rampant.

Cons

The reason why I rated it only eight for recommending it to others is because you'd have to make changes to the settings as the default is launching on startup. And I don't want it snooping around and doing screenshots if it's off work hours, and people tend to forget about this and some might not even be aware about this part of the settings. I also still see it on the system tray even after logging out so I'd have to manually close it every time, which can be a bit annoying. Although it stops screen captures when you're pausing it which is great.

Melissa
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

• Customer Support Software

Time Doctor - Best for everything!

Reviewed on 9/13/2022

The best assistance, not solely in monitoring your team but making sure you have figured out important aspects in efficient management of your team and the responsibilities which need to be taken care of.

Pros

The product has been the easiest I've used. I have been using other time tracking programs before but Time Doctor has by far the easiest integration and set up. It also gives me a clearer understanding of what's happening with my team, what tasks are we spending more time on and helps me manage the team responsibilities and task assignments to make sure everyone has the right balance of everything.

Cons

I think we have encountered a couple of bugs before, like TD stopping on it's own (already fixed), and if I would suggest anything is the automatic update whenever there is one. Apparently, we would have to uninstall and reinstall the app every now and then to the latest version, this would mean that before we find out, our TD has actually stopped recording until we update to the newer version.

Great tool to monitor time and attendance

Reviewed on 8/26/2022

Pros

Time Doctor is a great tool for monitoring time and attendance for employees. It enables visibility of the person and what the person is working on.

Cons

Lack of privacy for the end user. If the person is not using the tool, it can be seen as if the person is not working, which is not always the case. For example, if the person has personal needs like going to the toilet, it can lead to micromanaging and a lack of dignity. The person can add manual time; however, it's an old system where the person is micromanaged.

Deepak

• Customer Support Software

Track your time with ease

Reviewed on 9/15/2022

I've strated using this before pandemic as I was working on some freelancing projects and they used to track time. This tool really helps in improving productivity and managing time.

Pros

Easy to use and set up. It's user interface is very intutive. Helps in tracking time and monitoring employees and their productivity.

Cons

I have not found in cons for this tool. It's gem.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

• Customer Support Software

Works well, but per user subscription fee is exorbitant

Reviewed on 4/30/2022

Pros

No complaints about the software itself and it works exactly as expected for a time management and employee monitoring software.

Cons

Having to pay $10 per user. I have one employee and I need to monitor her but I have to pay for a user license for myself too. That doesnt make sense.

Philip

Easy Time Management

Reviewed on 8/25/2022

Pros

As a developer, it is crucial to track how long I spent working on a project since I am mostly paid for time used.

Within Time Doctor, I don’t need to do this manually. Once I start the application on my PC, all I need is to input the project name and hit the play button.

I don’t need to worry about the time after then. I just work

Cons

At the moment, I am enjoying everything about Tome Doctor

Jhonjerlyn

• Customer Support Software

The best option to measure the workforce and know exactly the hours worked by each person.

Reviewed on 8/1/2022

We have achieved excellent results with the help of this platform, the experience we have obtained has been excellent, we are proud to be using it in all sector of our company, because it has helped us understand the workforce and know exactly if our employees are fulfilling their corresponding working hours. Day after day we assign specific hours for each employee, this platform has helped to comply with all those corresponding schedules, we can know if an employee has not shown up at their specific time, as well as we can know if an employee has already fulfilled their corresponding hours. This platform has been easy to use and also to implement in our computers, it has taken us approximately a week to implement it and all the computers in this company, however the results we obtained after two weeks, where we correctly noticed how we were having a greater management of the hours worked by our employees. If your are looking for an app to manage the hours worked of each employee, this is the best option.

Pros

Time Doctor has worked as a key platform for our business development and to control the productivity of each one of our employees, it is an excellent service to measure the work and working time of each employee, it is magnificent. One of the main things that I like about this platform is that it is able to monitor the App that each of the employees use on a daily basis, this App monitoring so that we can understand if the employees are us ing applications that are distracting of that make them lose work time, as well as help us understand which applications you use more them lose work time, as well as help us understand which apps you use more or which apps you use less. Another thing that I like is that this service was also used to monitor web browsing activity, so thanks to this platform we can know exactly which page our employees visit, in order to take measures ot the right time and prevent our employees from accessing suspicious websites or distracting from their work. Finally, I love that this App can automatically calculate the amount of money that has to be paid depending on the hours worked, we have set up a rate for each hour worked, so this platform makes the exact calculations of how much a worker should be paid employee depending on total hours worked including overtime.

Cons

The only negative thing I have noticed about this platform is that it can influence the privacy of employees a bit, our company there are some employees who feel uncomfortable knowing that they are being monitored, it would be great if this platform implements a silent mode or invisible mode, in which the computers can be running without them noticing, this would help our employees feel much more comfortable and can work quietly without worries. Just as this introduces a bit of discomfort from our employees, it will also need to introduce it to other companies, so it is urgent that you implement a system in a stealth way.

Mario
  • Industry: Human Resources

• Customer Support Software

There's no better system to use for activity tracking

Reviewed on 7/27/2021

I am solving employee's issues. I am overseeing what they do, and how they manage their own time. Plus, it allows us the possibility to have back-up data in case of a client's complaint.

Pros

I think TimeDoctor has become one of those critical tools that we wouldn't be able to run our business without it. Screenshots activity is one of the most used features within our organization and it allows us to actually oversee and prevent any potential issues that may arise.

Cons

Not at all. I think the app overall is fantastic and should be your daily companion.

DeskTime
Konstantyn
  • Industry: Information Services

• Customer Support Software

Great tool with minor issues.

Reviewed on 1/18/2017

Last year TimeDoctor has an issue which is not going to be fixed. The counter is being looped over certain time, and thus the time is being lost. The issues happens 1-2 times per month and usually it can be caught. The bug is clearly seen when you compare your web $ app usage report per day with your timesheet.
The problem is that I have reported them several about this issue, sent them my cache files several times too, and they did nothing about that. They did nothing about that for more than half of the year. Now I met the issue again, they have all the data in their servers (web&app usage report), but they once again ask me for my cache files. Like it is the first time they see the issue.

Also note that their TimeDoctor Lite application consumes a lot of CPU time (20-30% of Core i5 4th gen), but you can install Pro version which is free.

Otherwise the tool is great, easy to use, with a lot of detailed reports.

Pros

It has all required features, and UX is very good. Everything is clear from min 1.

Cons

They have bugs which are not going to be fixed. And their support never tells you that. Asks for your Cache files, more details etc., but not fixing the issue.

• Industry: Performing Arts

Great for knowing how long a project took!

Reviewed on 11/20/2018

I'm keeping on task with the things that have to happen every day as well as have a way to look back and see what tasks are done at certain times of year. This helps us plan our department schedule for each upcoming year so we don't forget anything.

Pros

Create your own projects and tasks. Works great for keeping a step by step task list for each project. Ability to edit time for when software updates and/or restarts are required. I love using Time Doctor Pro as my personal time keeper at work.

Cons

Not so much of a con but more of a feature request: it would be great if the software kept some sort of log of active document time. I tend to work on a few documents at a time and it would be great to know how much time is spent on each document without having to manually switch projects/tasks for each document. I almost exclusively use Adobe Creative Cloud programs and Microsoft programs using Mac computers.

Chad

Keeping Track with Time Doctor

Reviewed on 9/20/2019

Overall, very satisfied with Time Doctor. It's fairly simple to use, accurate, and fulfills my needs.

Pros

What I like most about Time Doctor is that it allows me to easily and accurately record the amount of time I'm working on a certain project or task. It allows me to show my clients how much time I was working on and how long each task took. I like that it also gives me a warning when I veer to a less-than productive site.

Cons

Don't really have any complaints. The only thing that I would like to be better handled is the dashboard where time is viewed. The issue I have is that I'm occasionally responsible for reviewing subordinate work flows and I feel that it's somewhat difficult to view their profiles as easy it is for myself. I'm sure there's an easier way to do this, but I havent found it yet.

Stephanie

• Customer Support Software

Best tool for tracking remote employees. We use it to track work hrs for our team in the...

Reviewed on 5/11/2018

Pros

Accurate time tracking for tasks and projects
screen shots and app usage is one of my favorite features since it gives you a detailed info on where we spend the most time on our projects
fare pricing and bulk discounts :)
We integrate Time Doctor with asana for seamless task tracking
Love the ability to change time spend on tasks manually in case there is need for it
we get a weekly email with information on how our account is being use
We can also manage and track time with the IOS app

Cons

The desktop app looks a little old school on PC but is works fine.
wish they had a better way to create tasks and mark tasks as completed when these are created inside time doctor, instead of having to delete them once they are done

Response from Time Doctor

Hi Stephanie,

You can actually tick them complete with our most recent app which it Time Doctor version 0.19.9 You can download this new application from our download page at www.timedoctor.com/download.html

It should be this here: http://prntscr.com/jll3vk

Kathleen
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

• Customer Support Software

Love how it keeps me accountable

Reviewed on 12/6/2016

I've been using Time Doctor for tracking my time for several years. I love how easy it is to use and how it hold you to account if it thinks you've changed focus. If I stop working on my project to take a phone call, it recognizes that I am no longer working on my computer. After my preset time has passed, Time Doctor pops up on my screen and asks, "Are you still working on X Project?" If the phone call is related to the project, I can say yes and include it in my time. If it is not, I can say no and Time Doctor will pause the timer for the project I was working on. The same is true if I am naughty and visit Facebook without pausing my timer.

Pros

It's intuitive function and how it knows to pause the timer if I quit working on a project.

Cons

The way it associates tasks and projects is a bit confusing at first.

Sarah
  • Industry: Public Safety
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Timeless

Reviewed on 6/26/2019

I love this program, This tool is a must have when you are working long hours like myself and are trying to keep my life prioritized . It helps me keep up with my work breaks and potty runs. You can organized your entire day into hours to keep your schedule on track. It also helps with your gym reps too for when you are at the gym.

Pros

Cons

It can be confusing to work sometimes. You really just have to dig into it and learn the program. Besides that it is not too bad

Ruslan

• Customer Support Software

Must-have for managing remote developers and freelancers

Reviewed on 8/25/2018

I'm using TimeDoctor for about 6 years across 3 different companies/teams, to manage remote workers. It helps me to track productivity, better estimate certain tasks in the future, and to quickly see when a person is not well-motivated.

Pros

1. It provides the abilities to track time in a really simple way.
2. It provides native applications for all major desktop OS (MacOS, Windows and Linux).
3. It provides the screenshots feature sometimes can really help to understand what's going on.
4. There's a really helpful team behind the product.

Cons

1. They removed GitHub integration.
2. Long and not-seamless sync of tasks with a remote system (I expect such things to work much faster and in background mode)
3. Our Linux developers sometimes experience issues with the app.

Julie Ann

My Personal Experience with Time Doctor

Reviewed on 9/13/2022

Pros

For me what I love most about this app is its ability to take screenshots of what we're doing. I have tried other attendance tracking software and none of them was able to do that. Also, it is very easy to use. You can use it immediately off the rack or you can customize it by adding or connecting it to a separate payroll. As an HR, I am happy using Time Doctor since I started my journey in freelancing because I can put my client at ease in using Time Doctor I can show them that I am honest with the hourly rate that I am charging them.

Cons

I can't find any cons since using time doctor.

Daniel

• Customer Support Software

I recommend it to everyone I know...

Reviewed on 11/21/2018

Amazing. I couldn't imagine running my business without it.

Pros

I love the ease of use in getting this software working, and it does that straight out of the box. Very little setup is required and after 2 and a half years using it, neither myself or employees have ever had any issues with it. It makes Payroll a breeze, and I love how in depth the reporting is which makes working with clients so much easier being able to show them time reports and logs. I highly recommend this to anyone I know in the online industry and will continue to do so for a long time!

Cons

It would be great for the manual time if we could limit the amount that is allowed to be added.

Gibran

• Customer Support Software

The BEST time-tracking tool out there!

Reviewed on 9/12/2019

I really enjoy working with Time Doctor. I get this sense of gratification and achievement whenever I get into my dashboard after a long week and look at everything I did.

Pros

I really like the sense of accomplishment that the program offers. I'm able to create my own tasks and watch my overall performance on the dashboard. Im able to personalize my activities and add them manually through the app, which is super helpful. I only use it at my desktop (haven't tried on mobile) and every once in a while it takes captures of my screen to make sure that i'm actually being productive. Overall, it keeps excellent track of my activities and reminds me to work when I'm away for too long.

Cons

The only thing that I don't like is that, on some updates, the software seems to freeze and doesn't show the current working time. Even when you resync the desktop program, it stays the same. But it doesn't affect the overall time on the page, just on the app.

• Industry: Medical Practice

Best Time Tracker for Freelancers

Reviewed on 7/8/2021

Overall satisfied as I am able to track the hours of work I've done within the day and the websites I visited most frequently.

Pros

I love that it has the ability to notify quickly if I am going to a website that is not work-related. It keeps freelancers on track and focus with our tasks for us to be productive within the day. It makes sure that we work in a timely manner and it will stop the time if I become idle for more than 15 minutes. I also liked he feature where it can detect websites I visited most frequently, I believe that feature can be beneficial to both the client and the freelancers.

Cons

I'm not exactly sure if it is a glitch but there are times when I am just on a videocall with my client and I'm not typing anything on the screen, it will still ask if I'm still working. I'm not sure if it can also detect that I'm using voice feature at those times. It will be better if it can though.

Andy

Time Doctor for WFH/Hybrid Set-up

Reviewed on 9/13/2022

Very Satisfied, as I have constant meetings with the account manager.

Pros

Web & App Usage
ScreenCast
Timeline

These features are our main dashboard for looking into the productivity | Activity of our employees. It helps us identify low productivity time if the employee is slacking off.

Cons

We observed no auto-detection report in terms of any abnormalities in the keyboard and mouse activity. There are employees who took advantage of this wherein they just put a stopper or any heavy object in the arrow down key, this will be detected as keyboard movement.

Jeanette

Recommended Time Tracker

Reviewed on 9/13/2022

I am satisfied with Time Doctor and for more than 2 years it never gave me any issues on tracking my time.

Pros

I like the feature of time doctor to be able to sync on certain apps that you can precisely take note of the time spent on that project. It also has a feature that reminds you if you are still working, that you might have forgotten to start your time or if you need to stop your timer if you are doing something that is not under your scope of work.

Cons

There is really not much to dislike about time doctor unless you hate having your work tracked.